Steam Summer Sale - Aftermath - List your haul!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
Muth, If you get the original DoW and want to play online I'm game.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#152 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

The original DoW is from 2004 and was fairly well optimised even then IIRC. I've played countless hours with just an Athlon XP 2000+ and Geforce MX440.

Apparently that pack only includes Dark Crusade and Soulstorm though, a shame since they have the weakest single player campaigns in the series. But they should run on your computer and multiplayer is so much fun if you have someone to play with, even just 'coop' against CPU opponents.inoperativeRS

Well, I bought the set, and it included more than what it said:

• Dawn of War: Gold Edition
  • Dawn of War: Winter Assault
  • Dawn of War: Soulstorm
  • Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
  • Dawn of War II
  • Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising

Those were all included in the package.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#153 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

Ah, much better. Vanilla and Winter Assault have awesome campaigns, my memory might be a bit skewed since it was years since I last played them though. :P I tried searching for my DoW boxes but only found my THQ strategy box which only has DoW and Winter Assault but I'll install them anyway. If we can find some time that works I'd be down for some multiplayer/CPU beatdowns.

I also found a copy of Shadowrun that I apparently bought for 3 euros ages ago, not because of the game but because it included a month of free live. :lol: I shall install it and see if it's worth a damn. Didn't the THQ pack include Supreme Commander 1&2 by the way? Strange. More awesome strategy is always more awesome strategy.

Edit: holy crap I found my original Rainbow 6: Raven Shield box as well. Had completely forgotten it included a freaking commando hat. :lol:

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 muthsera666
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"]Ah, much better. Vanilla and Winter Assault have awesome campaigns, my memory might be a bit skewed since it was years since I last played them though. :P I tried searching for my DoW boxes but only found my THQ strategy box which only has DoW and Winter Assault but I'll install them anyway. If we can find some time that works I'd be down for some multiplayer/CPU beatdowns. I also found a copy of Shadowrun that I apparently bought for 3 euros ages ago, not because of the game but because it included a month of free live. :lol: I shall install it and see if it's worth a damn. Didn't the THQ pack include Supreme Commander 1&2 by the way? Strange. More awesome strategy is always more awesome strategy.

Multi would be pretty cool. I'm not that great at strategy games, but I'm willing to learn and improve. And, no, unfortunately, it didn't include SC I & II. I actually enjoyed playing SC I. I played it on a friend's PC not long after it came out, and it was one that I could really get into. Well, at least the first several levels.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#155 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Any impressions on the Void?SteelAttack
I got it last year via D2D (also for $5, oddly enough). It's not really a game. I mean, it's more of a game than The Path, but it's purposely vague about everything you do, is extremely hard to get into and offputting as a result, and even once you get into it it's hard as hell. I mean, for five bucks it's not a bad purchase if you're into weird arty games (or polygonal boobs, there's lots of nudity), but if you aren't, steer clear.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 SteelAttack
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"] I got it last year via D2D (also for $5, oddly enough). It's not really a game. I mean, it's more of a game than The Path, but it's purposely vague about everything you do, is extremely hard to get into and offputting as a result, and even once you get into it it's hard as hell. I mean, for five bucks it's not a bad purchase if you're into weird arty games (or polygonal boobs, there's lots of nudity), but if you aren't, steer clear.

Thanks, man. You just saved me $5.00, for I am not into weird arty games, even though the copious amounts of nudity might be tempting.
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 inoperativeRS
Multi would be pretty cool. I'm not that great at strategy games, but I'm willing to learn and improve. And, no, unfortunately, it didn't include SC I & II. I actually enjoyed playing SC I. I played it on a friend's PC not long after it came out, and it was one that I could really get into. Well, at least the first several levels.muthsera666
DoW isn't really about being good, it has never been terribly well balanced anyway. It's just a lot of fun and looks cool in action. Never played SC's single player but the multiplayer is good. I've only played it in a LAN environment where we used honor rules to make everyone play in a way that we found fun but I think it's pretty well balanced either way, and the scale is incredible. Some of the late game units and artillery pieces are just mindboggling, and any game that features realistic tactical nukes is obviously a winner by default.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I played through the two Titan Quest games a couple years ago and loved them both. Best Diablo clone to ever come out by far. It comes very close to being as good as its granddad. Highly reccomended if they go on sale.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
I played through the two Titan Quest games a couple years ago and loved them both. Best Diablo clone to ever come out by far. It comes very close to being as good as its granddad.GodModeEnabled
That's the impression I got from the demo when I played it. I loved it. I just don't want to pay full price when I know that Steam will put them on sale again at some point. I am being patient... Torchlight will make that easier, I hope. :)
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 GodModeEnabled
Eeeeh Torchlight is ok, but it does get a lot more repetitive and boring than TQ. TQ just does it better. I mean its not horrible, but I couldnt stomach playing it more than 2-3 hours at a time.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 ChiliDragon
The impression I got of Torchlight is that it's a light-hearted dungeon crawl that's not trying to be anything other than a light-hearted dungeon crawl. And since I was looking for a light-hearted dungeon crawl to play when I need a break from my usual fare of pretentious and very serious RPGs, I think we're going to get along really well. Titan Quest, whenever I get it, is going to be a serious project. :)
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#162 argianas
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts

Ha, I can't even play FlatOut because the key server seems to be down. Yay!

Also I can't use the Blood Dragon Armor in ME2 because it seems Dragon Age got registered to its own account and of course EA can't help me out there.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 GodModeEnabled
The impression I got of Torchlight is that it's a light-hearted dungeon crawl that's not trying to be anything other than a light-hearted dungeon crawl. And since I was looking for a light-hearted dungeon crawl to play when I need a break from my usual fare of pretentious and very serious RPGs, I think we're going to get along really well. Titan Quest, whenever I get it, is going to be a serious project. :)ChiliDragon
It is, and its certianly not bad. I just personally found the mechanics and set up to be repetitive or at least seem more so than other games of their ilk. Regardless let us know what you think! Im only several hours in myself.. have to get back to it one of these days...
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 muthsera666
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"]The impression I got of Torchlight is that it's a light-hearted dungeon crawl that's not trying to be anything other than a light-hearted dungeon crawl. And since I was looking for a light-hearted dungeon crawl to play when I need a break from my usual fare of pretentious and very serious RPGs, I think we're going to get along really well. Titan Quest, whenever I get it, is going to be a serious project. :)GodModeEnabled
It is, and its certianly not bad. I just personally found the mechanics and set up to be repetitive or at least seem more so than other games of their ilk. Regardless let us know what you think! Im only several hours in myself.. have to get back to it one of these days...

I had twenty four hours in the game in like two weeks. But I haven't played it now for several months. I started using my computer instead of my parents, and it doesn't run on mine. Which is kind of depressing.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 ChiliDragon
That is depressing. The system requirements aren't exactly high.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 muthsera666
That is depressing. The system requirements aren't exactly high.ChiliDragon
I mean, it will load, but the lag time is incredibly high. The town was lagging, so I didn't even bother going into a dungeon to die...
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#167 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
None of those will probably work on my ancient decrepit pc.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 muthsera666
None of those will probably work on my ancient decrepit pc.Daavpuke
I know your pain, but think of it as an investment for the future.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Daavpuke
[QUOTE="Daavpuke"]None of those will probably work on my ancient decrepit pc.muthsera666

I'd try if I had a new hard drive. Sadly I know not how to install one.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 ChiliDragon
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="Daavpuke"]None of those will probably work on my ancient decrepit pc.Daavpuke

Installing it is the easy part, you just plug in a cable. Migrating all your data over is the difficult part.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Daavpuke
I wouldn't know how, trust me.
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#172 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts

Anyone play The Void? It looks interesting..

EDIT

after reading this review I think I'm going to skip I don't need to waste $5 or my time seems just too weird and vague

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/the-void-review

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ChiliDragon
It is, and its certianly not bad. I just personally found the mechanics and set up to be repetitive or at least seem more so than other games of their ilk. Regardless let us know what you think! Im only several hours in myself.. have to get back to it one of these days...GodModeEnabled
Definitely a light-hearted dungeon crawl that doesn't take itself seriously at all. Which means I have a hard time taking the game seriously as well, so I'm just having fun with it. :D I'm exploring the mine, turning in a few quests and overall really enjoying what feels like a more casual and non-demanding game than what I usually play. Khonan the Destroyer and the loyal pet Bagheera shall conquer all! :twisted:
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 GodModeEnabled
Hahaha yeah your pet in the game is one of my favorite features. You cna load them down with loot and then send them back to town to sell it all lol. Its awesome. I seriously hope they have something like that in Diablo III.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 muthsera666
Hahaha yeah your pet in the game is one of my favorite features. You cna load them down with loot and then send them back to town to sell it all lol. Its awesome. I seriously hope they have something like that in Diablo III.GodModeEnabled
That was one thing I've never liked about dungeon hacks. Once you get partway in, you have to either not pick stuff up, sort through it, or go back to town. The pet is awesome for that. I'm still waiting to see what all you can permanently transform it into, or if it's just switching between dog and cat.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#176 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="Daavpuke"]None of those will probably work on my ancient decrepit pc.Daavpuke

You don't need a hard drive to buy, you don't need anything. You can just buy and install and play whenever and wherever.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 muthsera666

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"][QUOTE="muthsera666"] I know your pain, but think of it as an investment for the future.UpInFlames

You don't need a hard drive to buy, you don't need anything. You can just buy and install and play whenever and wherever.

True. Just look at my Steam collection. Over 100 games, I think. None of them are downloaded until I'm ready to play them. Then, Steam automatically downloads and installs them when I want. And then I can play.
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#178 argianas
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts

Anyway, I figured out why I can't even play FlatOut. Seems there's a set number of keys available for certain games. Instead of only selling the amount of keys they have, in this case they just kept selling the game that no one could play. Supposedly Steam will contact the publisher and hope to get more keys, which they usually do eventually, but when? And what if they don't get more keys? Awesome! So it seems everyone who got the game about 5 hours after it went on sale onwards can't even play the game they bought.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 ChiliDragon
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Hahaha yeah your pet in the game is one of my favorite features. You cna load them down with loot and then send them back to town to sell it all lol. Its awesome. I seriously hope they have something like that in Diablo III.muthsera666
That was one thing I've never liked about dungeon hacks. Once you get partway in, you have to either not pick stuff up, sort through it, or go back to town. The pet is awesome for that. I'm still waiting to see what all you can permanently transform it into, or if it's just switching between dog and cat.

That's what I've heard, but I couldn't figure out how to do that though. Fortunately I had over 15 town scrolls, so I just ported back a couple of times. I'll figure it out later. :)
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Hahaha yeah your pet in the game is one of my favorite features. You cna load them down with loot and then send them back to town to sell it all lol. Its awesome. I seriously hope they have something like that in Diablo III.ChiliDragon

That's what I've heard, but I couldn't figure out how to do that though. Fortunately I had over 15 town scrolls, so I just ported back a couple of times. I'll figure it out later. :)

All you have to do is open your pet's inventory. Or, I think if you hold Shift and click on an item, it will transfer it to the pet's inventory. Then you just click the little moneybag icon on the pet's box, and he'll take off.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 ChiliDragon
All you have to do is open your pet's inventory. Or, I think if you hold Shift and click on an item, it will transfer it to the pet's inventory. Then you just click the little moneybag icon on the pet's box, and he'll take off.muthsera666
If it's that easy I'm going to feel really stupid when I try it tonight. I need to get out of the habit of starting new games late late at night. :D
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"]All you have to do is open your pet's inventory. Or, I think if you hold Shift and click on an item, it will transfer it to the pet's inventory. Then you just click the little moneybag icon on the pet's box, and he'll take off.ChiliDragon
If it's that easy I'm going to feel really stupid when I try it tonight. I need to get out of the habit of starting new games late late at night. :D

I pretty sure that's how you do it. It's been a couple of months since I played it, but that's what I'm thinking. I definitely understand that. I tried playing Dungeons and Dragons Online last night because they made it free. I started the downloading around 11, and I was in-game around 2 by the time everything was updated, etc. And then I found that my PC can't handle it, grrrr.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 ChiliDragon
I pretty sure that's how you do it. It's been a couple of months since I played it, but that's what I'm thinking. I definitely understand that. I tried playing Dungeons and Dragons Online last night because they made it free. I started the downloading around 11, and I was in-game around 2 by the time everything was updated, etc. And then I found that my PC can't handle it, grrrr.muthsera666
The main reason I feel I shouldn't do it is because it seems unfair to the game. I'm half asleep, uncoordinated and grouchy, and staying awake to do this only on principle becuase it took this long to download. Now make a good first impression! I dare you... :x :P
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"]I pretty sure that's how you do it. It's been a couple of months since I played it, but that's what I'm thinking. I definitely understand that. I tried playing Dungeons and Dragons Online last night because they made it free. I started the downloading around 11, and I was in-game around 2 by the time everything was updated, etc. And then I found that my PC can't handle it, grrrr.ChiliDragon
The main reason I feel I shouldn't do it is because it seems unfair to the game. I'm half asleep, uncoordinated and grouchy, and staying awake to do this only on principle becuase it took this long to download. Now make a good first impression! I dare you... :x :P

:P That's a challenge for any game, lol.
Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#185 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
I did that for the Xcom Enforcer game last night and ended up playing it until 6am. the game isn't mind blowing, it's really just a mindless shooter with some augmentations but it was strangely addictive. for $0.70 it's well worth the price.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Daavpuke

[QUOTE="Daavpuke"][QUOTE="muthsera666"] I know your pain, but think of it as an investment for the future.UpInFlames

Awesome as that may be. I'm not going to buy games I know I can't play yet.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 muthsera666
I did that for the Xcom Enforcer game last night and ended up playing it until 6am. the game isn't mind blowing, it's really just a mindless shooter with some augmentations but it was strangely addictive. for $0.70 it's well worth the price.smerlus
That's why I couldn't resist the X-COM pack. I mean, five games for 70-75 cents a piece. Even if they're mediocre, they're worth the price of admission.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 SteelAttack
New deals! Titan Quest, Tropico 3, Thief, DA: Origins and more!
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 muthsera666
Must think... I'm probably going to get The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, but I'm trying to think about whether to get Madballs. I don't know much about it.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 ChiliDragon
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]I played through the two Titan Quest games a couple years ago and loved them both. Best Diablo clone to ever come out by far. It comes very close to being as good as its granddad.ChiliDragon
That's the impression I got from the demo when I played it. I loved it. I just don't want to pay full price when I know that Steam will put them on sale again at some point. I am being patient... Torchlight will make that easier, I hope. :)

And there it is! *happy!happy!happy!* Titan Quest Gold for $4.99! :lol:
Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#191 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
Must think... I'm probably going to get The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, but I'm trying to think about whether to get Madballs. I don't know much about it.muthsera666
madballs is all right. I bought it for under $3 during a sale. it reminds me sort of like smash tv with a little bit of exploration and characters that have different stats. you just go around a level shooting things and looking for secret story items. it's a decent dl title
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"]Must think... I'm probably going to get The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, but I'm trying to think about whether to get Madballs. I don't know much about it.smerlus
madballs is all right. I bought it for under $3 during a sale. it reminds me sort of like smash tv with a little bit of exploration and characters that have different stats. you just go around a level shooting things and looking for secret story items. it's a decent dl title

Hmmm.. And it's all of $2... I guess I'll have to skip breakfast burritos from Mickey D's for a couple of days.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#193 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Dragon Age Awakening is tempting, and I'm glad I didn't buy it during EA's sale as it's cheaper now (I'd like it cheaper, but hey). Anyone know how much gameplay is in there compared to the original game?
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 SteelAttack
Argh! I want Tropico 3. Loved the demo.
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 inoperativeRS

Deadly Shadows is 3€/$. If you've never played a Thief game and your computer can run Half Life 2 you should try it out. One of the best stealth games ever made.

jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
Does Thief have issues running with Windows 7? I have been hearing people say it works fine with 7 and others say it doesn't.
Venom341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Venom341
Member since 2009 • 323 Posts

How do these people get away with those prices? It's insane! I mean, I could buy Dragon Age Origins AND Awakening for only $47.98!

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 inoperativeRS
Does Thief have issues running with Windows 7? I have been hearing people say it works fine with 7 and others say it doesn't.jfcundiff
I have it installed on my Vista laptop and it runs fine. A quick google search indicates that it works for some and doesn't work for others. You could always try downloading the demo first?
jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
[QUOTE="jfcundiff"]Does Thief have issues running with Windows 7? I have been hearing people say it works fine with 7 and others say it doesn't.inoperativeRS
I have it installed on my Vista laptop and it runs fine. A quick google search indicates that it works for some and doesn't work for others. You could always try downloading the demo first?

Oh ok. Thanks! Didn't even think of trying a demo.
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 inoperativeRS
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="jfcundiff"]Does Thief have issues running with Windows 7? I have been hearing people say it works fine with 7 and others say it doesn't.jfcundiff

Oh ok. Thanks! Didn't even think of trying a demo.

No problem.