Steam Summer Sale - Aftermath - List your haul!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 0

#51 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Godamn it I need to wait till Friday to get paid, this sale totally blindsided me. So am I gonna miss out on the Alpha Protocol deal if I wait till Friday? *e3kjln43l34n43nl1!!!!1km12mk2m2*GodModeEnabled
Yeah, the Alpha Protocol deal ends in about 15 minutes now.
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#52 argianas
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts

Today's noteworthy deal is L4D2 for about $10. Other good games too like CoH complete pack for $25, and The Force Unleashed for $7.50.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I picked up Zenoclash. I can't wait to check it out.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
People eyeing that TFU deal watch out. Install is a staggering 30 gb. I might bite on vanilla CoH. At 5 bucks you can't go wrong.
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts
People eyeing that TFU deal watch out. Install is a staggering 30 gb. I might bite on vanilla CoH. At 5 bucks you can't go wrong. SteelAttack
Get the expansion pack as well, as most everyone who plays online will have it as well. You can skip Tales of Valor though, it wasn't very good.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#56 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Today's noteworthy deal is L4D2 for about $10. Other good games too like CoH complete pack for $25, and The Force Unleashed for $7.50.argianas

The Company of Heroes pack is not a good deal since Tales of Valor is horribly overpriced. Company of Heroes vanilla and Opposing Fronts are great deals, though.

I picked up Zenoclash. I can't wait to check it out. rragnaar

Hope you enjoy it man. I can guarantee you never played anything like it.

Still nothing for me. Come on, Batman and Dawn of War II!

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

I picked up the original Company of Heroes to add to my already ridiculous Steam backlog. I also won a free copy of L4D2 on GAF so if anyone wants to run through the game on co-op let me know. :D

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SteelAttack
I just got CoH too, lol. Still in wishlist: Vanilla King's Bounty and Defense Grid. Will wait for tomorrow's deals.
argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#59 argianas
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts

[QUOTE="argianas"]Today's noteworthy deal is L4D2 for about $10. Other good games too like CoH complete pack for $25, and The Force Unleashed for $7.50.UpInFlames

The Company of Heroes pack is not a good deal since Tales of Valor is horribly overpriced. Company of Heroes vanilla and Opposing Fronts are great deals, though.

Still nothing for me. Come on, Batman and Dawn of War II!

Yeah, from what I hear ToV is still a bit pricy, costing as much/more than the game and the first expansion combined. Still, I think vanilla CoH is like $5 today, plus I got the whole pack a while ago so it doesn't affect me now.

And didn't they just do a Dawn of War II sale like two or three weeks ago? I was tempted to get it then but it still broke my $10 rule.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 UpInFlames

I just got CoH too, lol. Still in wishlist: Vanilla King's Bounty and Defense Grid. Will wait for tomorrow's deals. SteelAttack

King's Bounty: The Legend is 2,50€, I doubt it'll go lower than that. Then again, the Gold pack might. Either way, you can always pick it up on the last day.

And didn't they just do a Dawn of War II sale like two or three weeks ago? I was tempted to get it then but it still broke my $10 rule.argianas

Yeah, but it was still too much. I can get a boxed version for that amount. I'm not paying more than 10€ for Dawn of War II and 15€ for Batman: Arkham Asylum.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Since I have a couple of hours, I'm thinking Zeno Clash...
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

I just got CoH too, lol. Still in wishlist: Vanilla King's Bounty and Defense Grid. Will wait for tomorrow's deals. SteelAttack

I picked up King's Bounty when it was $5.00 a couple months ago. Still haven't installed it. :(

Lousy gaming backlog. *shakes fist*

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SteelAttack

Today's deals:

• Flotilla $2.50 75% off
  • All Civ games 75% off
  • EVE Online: Tyrannis $1.99 90% off
  • Gothic bundle: $4.99
  • Half-Life: $1.99 80% off
  • Kane and Lynch: Dead Men: $4.99 75% off
  • Dawn of War II $19.99 50% off

I just grabbed Civ IV complete. Neat package for $9.99.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#64 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
I hope Mount and Blade Warband goes on sale. I'll pick that up real quick
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 UpInFlames

What the heck is up with that Dawn of War II Gold Euro price? 30 Euros, what are they nuts? Boo on you, THQ!

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Should I buy both the Dawn of war II pack for 20$ and Red Faction Guerilla for 20$ or just buy the THQ pack?
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 muthsera666
Going to have to grab Half-Life for $1.99 and the Gothic Bundle for $4.99
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 muthsera666
I have a question for those of you that have used Steam for a while. I'm thinking of buying the Meridian4 package, but I already have a couple of games that come in it. Can I give away the ones that I already have? Using the gift option?
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
I went for Kane and Lynch for $5 I hear it can be fun, now I get to see what all the fuss over JG's review was all about.
Memoryitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70 Memoryitis
Member since 2006 • 2221 Posts
I have a question for those of you that have used Steam for a while. I'm thinking of buying the Meridian4 package, but I already have a couple of games that come in it. Can I give away the ones that I already have? Using the gift option?muthsera666
no
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"]I have a question for those of you that have used Steam for a while. I'm thinking of buying the Meridian4 package, but I already have a couple of games that come in it. Can I give away the ones that I already have? Using the gift option?Memoryitis
no

Shoot. That's kind of what I figured, but I wish I didn't have to buy four games I already own to get six I don't. Sigh. Thanks for the info.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Picked up Plants VS Zombies. I didn't want to spend $20 for the retail version so $6 is a steal!
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20972 Posts
Any suggestions out of today's deals for the not-usually-PC gamer? (Granted, you wouldn't know that by looking at my Steam library, but I'm sure it doesn't look like the Steam collection of a long-time PC guy.)
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 UpInFlames

Any suggestions out of today's deals for the not-usually-PC gamer? (Granted, you wouldn't know that by looking at my Steam library, but I'm sure it doesn't look like the Steam collection of a long-time PC guy.)DarkCatalyst

Civilization IV is not only one of the best strategy games ever made, but also one of the best games, period. Even better with Beyond the Sword, but not mandatory. If you never played Half-Life, it holds up incredibly well (replayed it earlier in the year). Even today it is so clear why it was such a huge deal 12 years ago.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DarkCatalyst

[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Any suggestions out of today's deals for the not-usually-PC gamer? (Granted, you wouldn't know that by looking at my Steam library, but I'm sure it doesn't look like the Steam collection of a long-time PC guy.)UpInFlames

Civilization IV is not only one of the best strategy games ever made, but also one of the best games, period. Even better with Beyond the Sword, but not mandatory. If you never played Half-Life, it holds up incredibly well (replayed it earlier in the year). Even today it is so clear why it was such a huge deal 12 years ago.

I do have Half-Life already (I play it off and on, not a big shooter fan but it's entertaining), but do have concerns about Civilization IV because of all the micromanagement notoriously involved in the series. I've not seen for myself just how bad it is or isn't, but I've heard plenty, and worry that I might not have the time or patience to dive into something like that anymore.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 UpInFlames

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Any suggestions out of today's deals for the not-usually-PC gamer? (Granted, you wouldn't know that by looking at my Steam library, but I'm sure it doesn't look like the Steam collection of a long-time PC guy.)DarkCatalyst

I do have Half-Life already (I play it off and on, not a big shooter fan but it's entertaining), but do have concerns about Civilization IV because of all the micromanagement notoriously involved in the series. I've not seen for myself just how bad it is or isn't, but I've heard plenty, and worry that I might not have the time or patience to dive into something like that anymore.

You could try the demo and see for yourself. Civilization IV is the most accessible entry in the series, it got rid of a lot of the really tedious micromanagement issues. However, it hasn't lost any of its depth and scope. This game will undoubtedly take a lot of your time. The worst thing is, you won't even realize it until it's too late.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Any suggestions out of today's deals for the not-usually-PC gamer? (Granted, you wouldn't know that by looking at my Steam library, but I'm sure it doesn't look like the Steam collection of a long-time PC guy.)

Depends on what kind of games you like and the power of your PC. Then maybe we can recommend some cool games.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Any suggestions out of today's deals for the not-usually-PC gamer? (Granted, you wouldn't know that by looking at my Steam library, but I'm sure it doesn't look like the Steam collection of a long-time PC guy.)UpInFlames

Yeah. That deal they had earlier this year for the entire Civ IV collection for $10 was like one of the best things I ever bought! Such a incredible deal! Makes Orange Box look like a rotten milk box!
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DarkCatalyst
UpInFlames - That was an awesome ad. :) Dunno, maybe I'll look into it. [QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Any suggestions out of today's deals for the not-usually-PC gamer? (Granted, you wouldn't know that by looking at my Steam library, but I'm sure it doesn't look like the Steam collection of a long-time PC guy.)

Depends on what kind of games you like and the power of your PC. Then maybe we can recommend some cool games.

Power isn't an issue. I built this PC a few months ago as a game development rig. Here's my Steam library thus far. Audiosurf Beat Hazard Defense Grid: The Awakening DIRT DIRT 2 Final Fantasy XI Fuel Grid Gyromancer (picked it up on a recommendation, haven't played it yet) Half-Life The Last Remnant Lumines Lumines: Advanced Pack Mirror's Edge OutRun2006: Coast 2 Coast Portal Quake* Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon* Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity* Quake II* Quake II: Ground Zero* Quake II: The Reckoning* Quake III Arena* Quake III Team Arena* Sega Rally Revo Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing ToCA Race Driver 3 Torchlight TrackMania United Forever: Star Edition Trine Unreal Gold** Unreal II: The Awakening** Unreal Tournament** Unreal Tournament 2004** Unreal Tournament III: Black Edition** Xpand Rally Xtreme *Got the Quake pack on the cheap during a sale. **Got the Unreal pack on the cheap during a sale. So yeah, I probably don't come off as a PC gamer so much as a console gamer using Steam to get stuff at a discount...which I guess is pretty close to the truth...
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#81 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
More people need to own Outrun. Too bad it's not on sale during this summer event.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DarkCatalyst
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]More people need to own Outrun. Too bad it's not on sale during this summer event.

$9.99 for this masterpiece is a steal anyway.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 muthsera666

And I just added the following games to my collection:

• Larva Mortus
  • Penguins Arena: Sedna's World
  • Space Trader: Merchant Marine
  • Tank Universal
  • RIP Trilogy
  • Avencast: Rise of the Mage
  • Alpha Prime

Larva Mortus is much more fun than I thought it would be.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Everyone should buy Vampire even if it dosent go on sale, and actually play it. Cultureless heathens.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SteelAttack
I'm DLing (or trying to) the Flotilla demo. I've heard good things about this game.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SteelAttack
Everyone should buy Vampire even if it dosent go on sale, and actually play it. Cultureless heathens.GodModeEnabled
I started it... a while ago. Dunno why I stopped playing it. Now I have to redownload it again. But later. Now I'm playing Civ IV.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GodModeEnabled
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Everyone should buy Vampire even if it dosent go on sale, and actually play it. Cultureless heathens.SteelAttack
I started it... a while ago. Dunno why I stopped playing it. Now I have to redownload it again. But later. Now I'm playing Civ IV.

No offense or nothing, but I hope a grizzly bear takes a **** on your face.  "PLAY VAMPIRE!!"
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SteelAttack
The bear's head is shaped like a heart. It's the bear of love. Like you.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DarkCatalyst
Everyone should buy Vampire even if it dosent go on sale, and actually play it. Cultureless heathens.GodModeEnabled
I don't even know anything about it.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SteelAttack
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Everyone should buy Vampire even if it dosent go on sale, and actually play it. Cultureless heathens.DarkCatalyst

It's a first person RPG. Very mature storyline, deep and varied skill sets, and lots of interesting characters. But I'll let GodMode spill praise upon it, since my experience with the game is limited.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DarkCatalyst
[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Everyone should buy Vampire even if it dosent go on sale, and actually play it. Cultureless heathens.SteelAttack

It's a first person RPG. Very mature storyline, deep and varied skill sets, and lots of interesting characters. But I'll let GodMode spill praise upon it, since my experience with the game is limited.

I'm with it in theory.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 GodModeEnabled
Its a FPS RPG, runs on the source engine a la half life so it still looks good today. The character models and facial features being better than a lot of modern games due to the engine. There is a lot of skills to choose from in the game and a bit of a learning curve, but the payoff is a mature rpg, thick on atmosphere and open ended roleplaying. Theres almost always multiple solutions to tackling the quests in the game, stealth, combat or by dialouge talking your way out of things or intimidating/lying to people and whatnot. The game is about 30-40+ hours long depending on how many sidequests you do and how much you ass around finding stuff. For combat you can go melee weapons or firearms and both are very satisfying. The combat is merely "ok" though and is probably one of the weaker points in the game. The games biggest treat is its fleshed out characters, story and atmosphere. You have a blood meter that slowly drains as you play the game, every once in a while you have to feed on a human to replinsh, or drink a bloodpack. If you get caught feeding though the cops come after you so you have to do it carefully. When the game first came out it was buggy as hell and had a lot of problems, the community has everything fixed now though with like 13 patches or something. Steam downloads and installs all of it for you so dont even worry about that. With all the patchs the game runs smooth and there is nothing else really like it. I dont feel like im explaining it very good.... check out the review here at GS and keep in mind that all the bugs/errors have been fixed since the time of the review, they really explain it better than me. Edit> Also heres My Review I wrote way back.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]UpInFlames - That was an awesome ad. :) Dunno, maybe I'll look into it. [QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"]Any suggestions out of today's deals for the not-usually-PC gamer? (Granted, you wouldn't know that by looking at my Steam library, but I'm sure it doesn't look like the Steam collection of a long-time PC guy.)

Power isn't an issue. I built this PC a few months ago as a game development rig. Here's my Steam library thus far. Audiosurf Beat Hazard Defense Grid: The Awakening DIRT DIRT 2 Final Fantasy XI Fuel Grid Gyromancer (picked it up on a recommendation, haven't played it yet) Half-Life The Last Remnant Lumines Lumines: Advanced Pack Mirror's Edge OutRun2006: Coast 2 Coast Portal Quake* Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon* Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity* Quake II* Quake II: Ground Zero* Quake II: The Reckoning* Quake III Arena* Quake III Team Arena* Sega Rally Revo Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing ToCA Race Driver 3 Torchlight TrackMania United Forever: Star Edition Trine Unreal Gold** Unreal II: The Awakening** Unreal Tournament** Unreal Tournament 2004** Unreal Tournament III: Black Edition** Xpand Rally Xtreme *Got the Quake pack on the cheap during a sale. **Got the Unreal pack on the cheap during a sale. So yeah, I probably don't come off as a PC gamer so much as a console gamer using Steam to get stuff at a discount...which I guess is pretty close to the truth...

Looks like you prefer old-school shooters over new ones, am I right judging by your list? I don't know what to recommend. It looks like you got most of the racing games that are on sale. How about stuff like King's Bounty Armored Princess, The Witcher, or Dawn of War/Company of Heroes?
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 UpInFlames

I'm DLing (or trying to) the Flotilla demo. I've heard good things about this game. SteelAttack

I had the demo installed for weeks. Never got around to it. Definitely gonna check it out today.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 UpInFlames

[QUOTE="SteelAttack"]I'm DLing (or trying to) the Flotilla demo. I've heard good things about this game. UpInFlames

I had the demo installed for weeks. Never got around to it. Definitely gonna check it out today.

Horrible controls. Mandatory keyboard use to control the camera killed it for me. Music is pretty annoying and doesn't fit the game at all.

ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ProudLarry

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

[QUOTE="SteelAttack"]I'm DLing (or trying to) the Flotilla demo. I've heard good things about this game. UpInFlames

Horrible controls. Mandatory keyboard use to control the camera killed it for me. Music is pretty annoying and doesn't fit the game at all.

Eh I liked the music. But you're right about the controls. Homeworld did them better 10 years ago.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 UpInFlames

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

ProudLarry

Eh I liked the music. But you're right about the controls. Homeworld did them better 10 years ago.

God, I want Homeworld 3 so bad...:(.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DarkCatalyst
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]Looks like you prefer old-school shooters over new ones, am I right judging by your list? I don't know what to recommend. It looks like you got most of the racing games that are on sale. How about stuff like King's Bounty Armored Princess, The Witcher, or Dawn of War/Company of Heroes?

I'm actually lukewarm on ALL shooters, but find military themes or embellished attitude to be particularly annoying. I did consider the King's Bounty games, still on the fence there. Probably just need to look into it more. An hour left and have still yet to decide either way on Civ IV...
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ProudLarry
[QUOTE="DarkCatalyst"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]Looks like you prefer old-school shooters over new ones, am I right judging by your list? I don't know what to recommend. It looks like you got most of the racing games that are on sale. How about stuff like King's Bounty Armored Princess, The Witcher, or Dawn of War/Company of Heroes?

I'm actually lukewarm on ALL shooters, but find military themes or embellished attitude to be particularly annoying. I did consider the King's Bounty games, still on the fence there. Probably just need to look into it more. An hour left and have still yet to decide either way on Civ IV...

You would be hard pressed to find someone who didn't like Civ IV. It was a Game of the Year nominee here back in 2005 and the Beyond the Sword expansion only made it better.
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SteelAttack

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

Too bad I read this post after having played it. It would have saved me a lot of pain and suffering. Not my kind of game.