Smash Brothers Brawl Official Site (Gray Fox + Online + Sonic + Level Editor)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

The site has daily updates which can be found on various pages of this thread.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en imagesSuper Smash Bros. Brawl en images

Song Information here hinting at levels or characters? Tom Nook as a playable racoon fighter? LOL

Masahiro Sakurai, who is compiling the info on the site says about the list: "This is dangerous. It's a little risky. ... To have so many of these individuals providing music for a single work may very well be an historic event in the history of video-game music!"

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 toment
Member since 2005 • 8396 Posts

Kenji Yamamoto (Nintendo) Super Metroid / Metroid Prime series

Phendrana Drifts stage pls k thnx 

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
This game is already looking gorgeous. And now we have gameplay screens! Yay!
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gaminggeek

UPDATE (3) WARIO PIC DUMPING GROUND

The Gooey Bomb is a bomb that adheres to most things. It's an explosive encased in a gummy goo. It's a little different from a Motion Sensing Bomb in the sense that it can attach itself not only to the terrain, but also to opponents. However, it's possible to get a Gooey Bomb that's stuck to you to stick to someone else. Touching someone as you pass by may very well cause it to migrate when you least expect it!

So going by the composers and the respective games they've worked on we have indications that (and take this tongue in cheek fellas) the game will feature, pokemon, Snake, captain Olimar from Pikmin, Harman Smith in a Killer 7 level, Tom Nook from Animal crossing in shopping rage, monkeys from ape escape, NESS from Earthbound, Dante from DMC, Hercules, the jester from Nights, all manner of Disney characters, Marth probably returns from Fire Emblem and finally Streets of rage and Actraiser themed levels CONFIRMED.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Please Nintendo, put Sonic and Tails in this game! I garuntee that this game will be the the biggest title the year it comes out IF Nintendo puts Sonic and Tails in the game. Dare I say that it can beat out MGS4, FFXIII, and even Halo 3?

And throw in Cloud, Vincent Valentine, Auron, Tifa, Sephiroth, Mega Man, Ryu, and Ken while you're at it! C'mon Nintendo, you got the DS that prints all the money you can wish for so why not do some little bribery on the side to give the long time Nintendo fans the ultimate fan-service game!?

But seriously, if Nintendo added all these characters I've mentioned, I bet millions of people will buy the Wii just for this game.

Anyway, other than my fanboy wishing that's compeltely absurd...I really think that at least Sonic and Tails being in this game is a very possibility. Let's hope the friendly Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is just a friendly introduction to the real battle that will take place which will be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, without a doubt the Wii's biggest and best-selling title. 

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 toment

Please Nintendo [...] throw in Cloud, Vincent Valentine, Auron, Tifa, Sephiroth

[...] give the long time Nintendo fans the ultimate fan-service game!?

ASK_Story

But seriously, if Nintendo added all these characters I've mentioned, I bet millions of people will buy the Wii just for this game.

Anyway, other than my fanboy wishing that's compeltely absurd...I really think that at least Sonic and Tails being in this game is a very possibility.ASK_Story

I agree, Sonic is almost certain at this point. Tales, though, I don't know.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts
The soundtrack is going to be ridiculous.  Heck, the composer team could be larger than the actual character selection for the game! :P
nexusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nexusprime
Member since 2004 • 877 Posts
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

toment

Best Reply ....EVER!!!!!. i literally laughed my a*s off on that one.

Brawl/Dojo will be THE reason i buy a WII. Until it retails im stickin with my ps2 and gamecube.

Korn_Wallace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Korn_Wallace
Member since 2002 • 1950 Posts

Kenji Yamamoto (Nintendo) Super Metroid / Metroid Prime series

Phendrana Drifts stage pls k thnx 

toment

The Phendrana Drifts theme in Metroid Prime was a masterpiece of video game music, in my opinion. It would be great if that song made it into the game, but Smash Brothers songs are usually upbeat and fast paced, while the Phendrana Drifts theme was more soothing and mellow to match its snowy setting. Maybe if they can work it into a Metroid medley in the game.

Some of the stages in Super Smash Brothers Melee had the option to choose different songs from that particular franchise's universe before the start of a match. There's so many great songs from Nintendo's stable of mascots that I hope they add multiple songs to every stage.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#10 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

@#@#$ ARRRGG.

Show us some combat shots of Snake! We know he's in the game... man, I hate waiting on this. 

Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kreatzion
Member since 2003 • 6468 Posts
It isn't the information I would like to know but its decent enough. I'm so psyched to hear some of the stage music now that the list of composers is insanely large. I'm reallty hoping they give a release date soon. They gave out MP3, why not SSBB?
JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 JohnTheGamer
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts
I cannot wait to get this game it'llbe so good. Finally some gameplay screens and now we see the damage counters and the graphics are amazing! For the Wii, y'know
_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

This game would be my biggest reason to get a Wii, as the previous SSB was my main reason to get a Gamecube. I'm really looking foreword to see what secret characters they have for this one.

Oh, and I laughed at that Colbert gif, too. 

Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

toment

Anyway, other than my fanboy wishing that's compeltely absurd...I really think that at least Sonic and Tails being in this game is a very possibility.ASK_Story

I agree, Sonic is almost certain at this point. Tales, though, I don't know.

Quote for Truth...The last thing we honest we need is FFVII fanboys screaming for Seph vs Cloud fights always...

*Nightmares*

Sonic...Sure he could work. Even more now since Nintendo and Sega are teaming up with the olpymic games, game.

And maybe Megaman. 

Darkwing_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Darkwing_Duck
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

We need Sonic, Mega Man and a Belmont. Then we are set.dvader654

I've always said no to Megaman because of his heavy involvement in the Capcom fighting games.  The other two are fine. 

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gaminggeek
How about Phoenix Wright?
Mantorok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mantorok
Member since 2002 • 2558 Posts

How about Phoenix Wright?gaminggeek

I'm sorry, but Phoenix is way too cool to make guest appearances in a game like this... 

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gaminggeek

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]How about Phoenix Wright?Mantorok

I'm sorry, but Phoenix is way too cool to make guest appearances in a game like this... 

Gumshoe then?

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ASK_Story

What's wrong with the FFVII characters? Well, I guess I could understand why people would be against that idea. But don't take it seriously guys, it was just a absurd fanboy rant and a joke on how Nintendo can really sell this thing...in Japan of course. :P

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="Mantorok"]

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]How about Phoenix Wright?gaminggeek

Gumshoe then?

Nah. Who we need is Nintendo's most revered, best and original character ever created who inspired gamers from all over the world for the past 10 years....and that character is none other than.......

......TINGLE!!! :P

Schadenfreude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Schadenfreude
Member since 2005 • 1901 Posts
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"][QUOTE="Mantorok"]

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]How about Phoenix Wright?ASK_Story

Gumshoe then?

Nah. Who we need is Nintendo's most revered, best and original character ever created who inspired gamers from all over the world for the past 10 years....and that character is none other than.......

I WILL climb through this computer screen if you even HINT at that one more time. :evil:

You never know when they're watching...

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="gaminggeek"][QUOTE="Mantorok"]

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]How about Phoenix Wright?Schadenfreude

Gumshoe then?

I WILL climb through this computer screen if you even HINT at that one more time. :evil:

You never know when they're watching...

:lol:

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

Please Nintendo, put Sonic and Tails in this game! I garuntee that this game will be the the biggest title the year it comes out IF Nintendo puts Sonic and Tails in the game. Dare I say that it can beat out MGS4, FFXIII, and even Halo 3?

ASK_Story

Uhh... no. Chances are if anything that Pokemon Pearl/Diamond will be the best seller. Honestly Sonic is just a dud now. Nobody cares anymore. Even Sega gave him the finger after they released Sonic for the 360/PS3 :lol: that was a smack in face.

Bootylicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bootylicious
Member since 2002 • 12585 Posts

What's wrong with the FFVII characters? Well, I guess I could understand why people would be against that idea. But don't take it seriously guys, it was just a absurd fanboy rant and a joke on how Nintendo can really sell this thing...in Japan of course. :P

ASK_Story

square is doing their own Smash Bros type game. i believe the game is called Dissidia or something coming out for the PSP. ;) 

Shadow-Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shadow-Eagle
Member since 2004 • 953 Posts
Finally, another Wii game with nice graphics.
selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts

That list is spectacular. I guess it's reasonable seeing as each composer would want the music to be correct.

I just hope they post a release date in the coming weeks. 

AbusementPark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AbusementPark
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts
Link to the website, plz?
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#31 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
Damn, the list of composers is impressive. Sakuraba? Koshiro?? Mitsuda??? The talent in this list is broken.
KixDanis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KixDanis
Member since 2007 • 141 Posts

Moderators, the site is going to be updated quite often. You might as well sticky this.

GamingGeek if this happens you may want to change the name to include something like "site updates"

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

Bootylicious

square is doing their own Smash Bros type game. i believe the game is called Dissidia or something coming out for the PSP. ;) 

Well, Square is also doing a game called Itagaki Street for the DS and Mario Hoops 3-on-3 with guest Square characters.

So I guess I'm just pointing out how Squar and Nintendo are friends again.

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
If I had one character I could inject into Super Smash Brothers Brawl at this point, Squall would be it. Either that or Phoenix Wright. The mind trembles at the amazing possibilities a lawyer could bring to a fighting game.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44210 Posts
This game is looking great. I still can't believe I never got around to playing Smash on the Gamecube when I still had that system. I'm certainly not going to miss out on this when I pick up a Wii.
selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts

If I had one character I could inject into Super Smash Brothers Brawl at this point, Squall would be it. Either that or Phoenix Wright. The mind trembles at the amazing possibilities a lawyer could bring to a fighting game.Oilers99

Book Throw would never get old :P 

Brain3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Brain3000
Member since 2003 • 2857 Posts
I'd like to remind people that the requirement for a 3rd party character to appear in SSBB is that said character has to have appeared in a game on a Nintendo platform.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts
I'd like to remind people that the requirement for a 3rd party character to appear in SSBB is that said character has to have appeared in a game on a Nintendo platform.Brain3000
Well, the only real case where Solid Snake showed up (as in the real SS in a real Metal Gear series game outside of the handheld ports) was in Metal Gear: The Twin Snakes on the GC. Neither of the Metal Gear games on the NES were considered cannon, and the main Metal Gear Solid series was always a Sony thing.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
And still Kirby is going to own all these new characters.... :P Always my favorite to use. Looks promising so far.
toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 toment

And still Kirby is going to own all these new characters.... :P Always my favorite to use. Looks promising so far.GodModeEnabled
Kirby, huh? I liked to use him in the original, but HAL seriously nutured him in Melee.  I've always liked Capt. Falcon, and in Melee Samus was really great (you can't get her off the stage!).

My Captain Falcon/Samus can take your Kirby anytime of the week!

Online please, Nintendo.

KixDanis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KixDanis
I may be stating the obvious, but I'll say it anyway. Nintendo cannot afford to make this game suck. This is probably the most hyped franchise in video game history. The have already shown us the potential for amazing music, took suggestions and said there would be online. They are going all out on this game. Besides crawlling, I wonder what they added to the combat.
KixDanis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KixDanis
Updated. (it sucks really bad)
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~If they put Soma Cruz in this game then I'll be so happy I'll jump up and down.~-~
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gaminggeek

OMG Newcomer announced :shock: 

You know joking aside it was actually rumoured that Tingle would be putting in an appearance. He does have his own DS game now and people would jump at the chance to pummel his face. Then you have the annoyance factor, people who choose to play as him to humiliate others with savage fairy beatdowns. All the while spouting off those cla-ssic catchphrases.

They should  put Manfred Von Karma in there, with the bullet in the shoulder and you could concentrate on the shoulder for massive damage. What about Viewtiful Joe? He did copy SB with that rumble game.

KixDanis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KixDanis

You know joking aside it was actually rumoured that Tingle would be putting in an appearance. He does have his own DS game now and people would jump at the chance to pummel his face. Then you have the annoyance factor, people who choose to play as him to humiliate others with savage fairy beatdowns. All the while spouting off those cla-ssic catchphrases.

They should  put Manfred Von Karma in there, with the bullet in the shoulder and you could concentrate on the shoulder for massive damage. What about Viewtiful Joe? He did copy SB with that rumble game.

gaminggeek

They should also have it so that when you kick male characters in the balls it does more damage too!

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
I wish it will end up looking like the pics. About time we saw what the Wii can really do.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gaminggeek

I wish it will end up looking like the pics. About time we saw what the Wii can really do.nopalversion

It already does, or did, last year with the old trailers. Check it out.

I updated and posted the second lot of new pics BTW see first post.

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

[QUOTE="nopalversion"]I wish it will end up looking like the pics. About time we saw what the Wii can really do.gaminggeek

Well, there's a big difference between the trailers and the pics. Still looks good, though.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gaminggeek
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

[QUOTE="nopalversion"]I wish it will end up looking like the pics. About time we saw what the Wii can really do.nopalversion

Well, there's a big difference between the trailers and the pics. Still looks good, though.

You really think so? It looks mostly identical to me in the close-ups. The video isn't really the greatest quality either. I think the only thing we noticed last year was that the Samus model was slightly different.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]And still Kirby is going to own all these new characters.... :P Always my favorite to use. Looks promising so far.toment

Kirby, huh? I liked to use him in the original, but HAL seriously nutured him in Melee.  I've always liked Capt. Falcon, and in Melee Samus was really great (you can't get her off the stage!).

My Captain Falcon/Samus can take your Kirby anytime of the week!

Online please, Nintendo.

This game NEEDS online play. Oh man imagine how awesome it would be everyone in this thread battling it out. We could host tournaments and do prizes and everything! I hope im not getting all excited for nothing... Its been a while (like years) since I played smash, but I remember Kirby, Fox and Mario were my strong characters... argh now I want to play this again!