Smash Brothers Brawl Official Site (Gray Fox + Online + Sonic + Level Editor)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts

I hope Kirby isn't as nerfed as he was in Melee... for GodMode's sake at least, cause he is going to catch a savage beating using that beachball :twisted: toment

I haven't played as Kirby in the original, so I can't make sense of him being nerfed in Melee. How was he nerfed?

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 toment
Member since 2005 • 8396 Posts

[QUOTE="toment"]I hope Kirby isn't as nerfed as he was in Melee... for GodMode's sake at least, cause he is going to catch a savage beating using that beachball :twisted: Angry_Beaver

I haven't played as Kirby in the original, so I can't make sense of him being nerfed in Melee. How was he nerfed?

Well for one, everyone had stronger 'b'-button attacks in the original, so Kirby's suck-attack was way more useful, plus his aerial moves were also more powerful. And the b+down (turn into a rock) actually worked since the shield/evasion wasn't as fast as in Melee, where it's so easy to counter the attack.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#203 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I hope Kirby isn't as nerfed as he was in Melee... for GodMode's sake at least, cause he is going to catch a savage beating using that beachball :twisted: toment
Oh dont worry about me, I can hold my own regardless. Hello? I have god in my username afterall. And well if Kirby tanks (ppffft never gonna happen) then ill go with Mario as my main guy likley.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#204 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts
Why is no one mentioning DK? I did some real damage with that hairy ape. His ground slap move was killer.
Aforementioned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Aforementioned
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts

How would everyone feel about the introduction of large numbers of 3rd party chatacters? Right or wrong for the franchise?gaminggeek

As long as they keep it to one representative per company, I think it should be alright.  Most of the major companies at least have had their characters appear on a Nintendo system before.  My suggestions:

Konami - Snake (which means no Simon Belmont)

Namco - Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia) or a character from Monolith Soft, which Ninty recently acquired

Capcom - Megaman or Viewtiful Joe 

Hudson - Bomberman

Sega - Sonic

SquareEnix - Terra (just to have a better female roster) 

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 toment

Namco - Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia) or a character from Monolith Soft, which Ninty recently acquired

Aforementioned
Oh yeah, I'd like to play as Gibari or Mizuti. But the Baten Kaitos characters don't really jam with the SSB visual-style. They would need a re-design or something.
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#207 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
[QUOTE="Aforementioned"]

toment
Oh yeah, I'd like to play as Gibari or Mizuti. But the Baten Kaitos characters don't really jam with the SSB visual-style. They would need a re-design or something.

Mizuti seems close enough. I think she fits moreso than Snake, anyway. How about Guillo (B.K. Origins)? I want to play as Geno (Super Mario RPG).
toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 toment
How about Guillo (B.K. Origins)? I want to play as Geno (Super Mario RPG).yodariquo
I never got to play either of these because i live in Europe :(
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#209 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
Zero Suit Samus and Solid Snake are more than enough for me... but if I could choose one more character that would be realistic to add to this game line, even if an in battle swap a la Zelda - Shiek would be Peach and Shadow Queen Peach. That'd be really awesome.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 SemiMaster

Kirby is so cute, awwwwww, cant wait to stab him with my sword :twisted:

I'm coming for you GME.

dvader654

How can you say that man? Kirby kicks ass. 

SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#212 SupremeAC
Member since 2003 • 7561 Posts
[QUOTE="dvader654"]

I'm coming for you GME.

SemiMaster

How can you say that man? Kirby kicks ass. 

And then rebounds off it with a cute little salto.  He so bad!

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

Here is a SSBB update from Gonintendo.com  http://gonintendo.com/?p=19223

It seems that The Official Nintendo Magazine is reporting the type of controllers that can be used and that it's wi-fi enabled.

Nothing new, but still cool to see.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 GodModeEnabled
Why is no one mentioning DK? I did some real damage with that hairy ape. His ground slap move was killer. gaminggeek
Kirby laughs at Donkey Kong and his ground slap move. Because well I fly afterall. DEATH FROM ABOVE GG THE END IS NEAR.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 GodModeEnabled

I'm coming for you GME.

dvader654
!! I must fear the santas litte helper elf in tights with questionable sexuality! :shock:
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20972 Posts

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]How would everyone feel about the introduction of large numbers of 3rd party chatacters? Right or wrong for the franchise?Aforementioned

As long as they keep it to one representative per company, I think it should be alright. Most of the major companies at least have had their characters appear on a Nintendo system before. My suggestions:

Hudson - Bomberman

Sega - Sonic

Go with two each. Still not excessive, could balance out a "Nintendo-vs-everyone-else" roster.

Konami: Snake and Simon
Namco: KOS-MOS and Lloyd
Capcom: X and Zero
Hudson: Bonk and Keith Courage (Bomberman would be too hard to transport accurately to Smash.)
Sega: Sonic and Knuckles
SquareEnix: Cait Sith and Mog

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Do you know who else would be a perfect addition from a 3rd party character to the cast? 

This slime-ball right here.....

Now Kirby has someone he can relate to. :D

Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Angry_Beaver
A puffball can relate to slime? Ew... especially when you think of Kirby as a creampuff. :|
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 GodModeEnabled
A puffball can relate to slime? Ew... especially when you think of Kirby as a creampuff. :|Angry_Beaver
LMAO. That sounds wrong in so many ways o_0 And vader your insults wound my very soul :(
Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Angry_Beaver

[QUOTE="Angry_Beaver"]A puffball can relate to slime? Ew... especially when you think of Kirby as a creampuff. :|GodModeEnabled
LMAO. That sounds wrong in so many ways o_0 And vader your insults wound my very soul :(

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I hadn't even thought of those "many ways".

Aforementioned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Aforementioned
[QUOTE="Aforementioned"]

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]How would everyone feel about the introduction of large numbers of 3rd party chatacters? Right or wrong for the franchise?DarkCatalyst

As long as they keep it to one representative per company, I think it should be alright. Most of the major companies at least have had their characters appear on a Nintendo system before. My suggestions:

Hudson - Bomberman

Sega - Sonic

Go with two each. Still not excessive, could balance out a "Nintendo-vs-everyone-else" roster.

Konami: Snake and Simon
Namco: KOS-MOS and Lloyd
Capcom: X and Zero
Hudson: Bonk and Keith Courage (Bomberman would be too hard to transport accurately to Smash.)
Sega: Sonic and Knuckles
SquareEnix: Cait Sith and Mog

I would love to have KOS-MOS, but she only appeared on Xenosaga I+II for the DS in Japan.  I don't know if that's enough exposure to put her in.

Geno or Mallow from Super Mario RPG might better represent Square(Enix) from its SNES years.  But they are still pretty obscure.

I think Bomberman works fine if you use his Bomberman 64 era powers. B - Place Remote bomb/Detonate Remote Bomb; Up B - Wind Bomb; Down B; Earth/Quake Bomb; Forward B -  Throw bombs.

wcane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 wcane
Member since 2003 • 100 Posts

Guys check www.smashbros.com! Update on control syles =)

I'll let someone else insert pics etc!

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

no more bi****** and speculations about controls, thank god! Now just confirm online and we're good to go.

Aforementioned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Aforementioned

Finally!  Some good info!

My hypothesis about D-pad controls:

tap D-pad = small tilt (change directional)

hold D-pad = big tilt (walk)

double tap D-pad = big tilt (for smash attacks)

double tap D-pad then hold = full tilt (run)

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 gaminggeek

no more bi****** and speculations about controls, thank god! Now just confirm online and we're good to go.

laus_basic

Sakurai says:

The Nintendo Wii really is a versatile piece of hardware.
I mean, when it comes to controllers, there are pretty much four different types.

I guess I have no choice but implement them all!

There's no need to be confused about what does what-just choose the play sty-le you prefer!

I suppose I would recommend the Nintendo GameCube controller, though. I like the feel of that powerful rumble.

Still, try out the other controls-they definitely give you a fresh experience.

Hmm? How do you do smashes and dashes with just the Wii Remote?
If I get the chance to tell you, I will.

The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~You know, just cuz you're holding the Wii remote on it's side like a VC game doesn't mean it's void of any motion sensing. Just throwing a thought out, I don't really see the problem with a D-pad and three buttons.~-~
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 gaminggeek

~-~You know, just cuz you're holding the Wii remote on it's side like a VC game doesn't mean it's void of any motion sensing. Just throwing a thought out, I don't really see the problem with a D-pad and three buttons.~-~The_PirateKing

Yeah I see a problem. I've tried using the wii mote on its side for some genesis games, and because the A button is so close to the D-pad you have to take your thumb off the d-pad to get to it, or take your right hand off the left side of the controller to reach it, thus limiting your access to buttons 1 and 2.

The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts

Yeah I see a problem. I've tried using the wii mote on its side for some genesis games, and because the A button is so close to the D-pad you have to take your thumb off the d-pad to get to it, or take your right hand off the left side of the controller to reach it, thus limiting your access to buttons 1 and 2.

gaminggeek
~-~The A button? Nah I was talking about the B button in the back. But I was wrong, I just popped in SSBM and found out that (besides how I suck now) I use 4 buttons.:( Forgot all about grabbing. Yea, it can be done with A + L (or 2 + B) but I'd need to get used to that. And not only that, but I used fox and that fire move isn't going to be as good with a D-Pad. I still like it, no more C-stick abusing for other people.:D~-~ ~-~PS: Ok, I don't suck as bad as I thought. I guess Fox just isn't my character. I just won with good ol Pichu.:) (no, this is not a joke. I played with Fox against 3 lvl 8s and lost then when I switched to Pichu I won.)~-~
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 gaminggeek
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

The_PirateKing

~-~The A button? Nah I was talking about the B button in the back. But I was wrong, I just popped in SSBM and found out that (besides how I suck now) I use 4 buttons.:( Forgot all about grabbing. Yea, it can be done with A + L (or 2 + B) but I'd need to get used to that. And not only that, but I used fox and that fire move isn't going to be as good with a D-Pad. I still like it, no more C-stick abusing for other people.:D~-~ ~-~PS: Ok, I don't suck as bad as I thought. I guess Fox just isn't my character. I just won with good ol Pichu.:) (no, this is not a joke. I played with Fox against 3 lvl 8s and lost then when I switched to Pichu I won.)~-~

Yeah and you see the problem with the B trigger is that it IS a trigger and doesn't lend itself to really responsive and repeated use (i.e fighting-game button-bashing)

Great for shooters though.

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 toment
I wonder if the Classic Controller would suit the game best out of those four controllers. I can't wait to find out:)
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 SemiMaster
Think I'm all about the Gamecube controller for this one.
Korn_Wallace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Korn_Wallace
Member since 2002 • 1950 Posts
Yeah, I'll be using the Gamecube controller for this one, and maybe the classic controller if I want to go wireless from the console. I think Smash Bros. Melee established the GC controller as the standard controller far all things Smash Brothers, for me anyway. It just wouldn't feel the same with any other controller. I'll definitely give the Wiimote and Wiimote/Nunchaku configurations a shot, though.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 GodModeEnabled
Think I'm all about the Gamecube controller for this one.SemiMaster
I second that. Or possibly the classic controller, but the GC controller will have rumble..so hmmm..
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 SemiMaster

[QUOTE="SemiMaster"]Think I'm all about the Gamecube controller for this one.GodModeEnabled
I second that. Or possibly the classic controller, but the GC controller will have rumble..so hmmm..

I guess, but in this case, I don't have to go buy a second controller when I already have 4 GC ones. With 2 motes and one chuck I could play the other way, but I don't think that's the most efficient/fun just by looking at it. 

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#237 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

Well, considering that the controls are under game modes, the sideways Remote could be used for "single button" mode. the other control methods could be used for the main game.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 gaminggeek

Fox

Update 15

Fox is just one of many so-called speed characters. His costume has been completely updated, so he's full of fighting spirit.

Run! Fly! Move boldly! For such moves are the essence of Fox!

screenshotscreenshotscreenshotscreenshot
Brain3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Brain3000
Member since 2003 • 2857 Posts

Update 16

Yoshi's Island

The pastel stage of Yoshi's Island...
Mmm... It feels nice and peaceful here.

screenshot

The central platform tilts to and fro.

Shy Guys often make guest appearances, and the Support Ghost can appear suddenly, aiding players on occasion.

screenshot

The whimsical Support Ghost.

The highlight of this stage is its seasonal changes, as it goes from spring to summer to fall and then winter.

screenshot

Fall comes...

screenshot

And even in winter, the brawl battles on.

It certainly has its own distinct air.
Change is sometimes good.

Brain3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Brain3000
I wonder if the changing seasons will affect the stage surface at all? Slipping and sliding on the surface during winter would make for some interesting battles.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 gaminggeek

I wonder if the changing seasons will affect the stage surface at all? Slipping and sliding on the surface during winter would make for some interesting battles.Brain3000

I'd like to see seasonal outfits, so when winter comes along the characters suddenly appear wearing winter coats and in summer they break out the hawaiin shirts. Good job on the update.

Brain3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Brain3000

[QUOTE="Brain3000"]I wonder if the changing seasons will affect the stage surface at all? Slipping and sliding on the surface during winter would make for some interesting battles.gaminggeek

I'd like to see seasonal outfits, so when winter comes along the characters suddenly appear wearing winter coats and in summer they break out the hawaiin shirts. Good job on the update.

Thanks. :glad:

As for having the characters change their outfits, that would be nice.

*starts imagining Zero Suit Samus in a "summer" outfit*

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 toment
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

[QUOTE="Brain3000"]I wonder if the changing seasons will affect the stage surface at all? Slipping and sliding on the surface during winter would make for some interesting battles.Brain3000

This made me think,

if Nintendo comes out with the rumoured Super Wii (with HDD) they could make DLC in the way of new levels, characters, items. SSB is like the perfect game for DLC since it's so *simplistic* and there's so much they could put in there. It would definitively make the game last.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 gaminggeek
[QUOTE="Brain3000"][QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

[QUOTE="Brain3000"]I wonder if the changing seasons will affect the stage surface at all? Slipping and sliding on the surface during winter would make for some interesting battles.toment

This made me think,

if Nintendo comes out with the rumoured Super Wii (with HDD) they could make DLC in the way of new levels, characters, items. SSB is like the perfect game for DLC since it's so *simplistic* and there's so much they could put in there. It would definitively make the game last.

I know nothing about making games, but don't games with downloadable content have to be made in the first place with various spots for plug-ins to add new data and accept modifications?

Darkwing_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#245 Darkwing_Duck
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

After seeing this update, I'm worried we'll be getting the Mario Kart: DD treatment.

I really, really dislike multiplayer in DD because the stages are way too small, especially when you look back to 64. This Yoshi's Island stage looks MUCH smaller than the Melee equivalent. I'm hoping stage size won't be reduced more.

Of course, changing the subject here, the biggest thing I want is to have character's intros return. Mario coming out the pipe, et al, would be awesome.

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 toment

I know nothing about making games, but don't games with downloadable content have to be made in the first place with various spots for plug-ins to add new data and accept modifications?

gaminggeek
I don't know either. But what's to stop Nintendo from doing exactly that? They do tend to think ahead [spoiler] sometimes:P [/spoiler]
Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Angry_Beaver

[QUOTE="Brain3000"]I wonder if the changing seasons will affect the stage surface at all? Slipping and sliding on the surface during winter would make for some interesting battles.gaminggeek

Or instead of costume changes--or in addition to it--Pichu, Pikachu, and Fox could turn white during winter like the snowshoe hare!

Brain3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Brain3000

UPDATE 17

"Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)"(0:36)

*insert Music here*

Composition Supervisor: Minako Hamano
Arrangement Supervisor: Yusuke Takahama

• The copyright for this music is held by Nintendo.
  • Check your volume settings.

This song appears in a variety of games in the Metroid series.
It's the theme song for Samus's arch-nemesis, Ridley.

In the original game, most of the places where you heard this song were the sites of fierce battles.

As such, this arrangement features a suitable sense of cruelty and tension. It's magnificent!

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 toment

UPDATE 17

"Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)"(0:36)

*insert Music here*

Composition Supervisor: Minako Hamano
Arrangement Supervisor: Yusuke Takahama

• The copyright for this music is held by Nintendo.
  • Check your volume settings.

This song appears in a variety of games in the Metroid series.
It's the theme song for Samus's arch-nemesis, Ridley.

In the original game, most of the places where you heard this song were the sites of fierce battles.

As such, this arrangement features a suitable sense of cruelty and tension. It's magnificent!

Brain3000

Holy ***! you know what this means right?!

Frickin Ridley!!!11

Great arrangement by the way. But why does my brain tell me it sounds like midi music:?? Skylock help!

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 gaminggeek

UPDATE 17

Brain3000

Brain, how can you put an update up without the link to the music dagnamit? :lol:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/index.html

Myword that composition and midi is craptastic compared to the sublime excellence of the yoshis story ending music. :x