Smash Brothers Brawl Official Site (Gray Fox + Online + Sonic + Level Editor)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sCaReCr0W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#151 sCaReCr0W
Member since 2003 • 10300 Posts
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

screenshot

Isle Delfinotoment

Kinda meh, but it will have good music so :)

The setting itself is somewhat lacking, but the idea behind the movement of the stage is definitely cool. The fact that there are several different landing spots should make for some more interesting diversity for the stage.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#152 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

Update 10

Aweeeeesome music from the yoshis island stage. Very much like space channel 5's remixes.  

http://www.smashbros.com/de/music/music02.html

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts
You know why the arrangement for Yoshi's Music is awesome?  Because Masafumi Takada, one of Grasshopper Manfuacture's guys, was responsible for the arrangement, and both he and Jun Fukuda (The two guys who did Killer7's music) are simply awesome.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 gaminggeek

You know why the arrangement for Yoshi's Music is awesome?  Because Masafumi Takada, one of Grasshopper Manfuacture's guys, was responsible for the arrangement, and both he and Jun Fukuda (The two guys who did Killer7's music) are simply awesome.Skylock00

The Killer 7 music is fabulous, I got the CD. Such great music, so eclectic and expressive. If you have the space channel 5 cds this yoshi track will probably remind you a little of the music from there the remixed versions at least.  

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 gaminggeek

Update 11: A double update of Pokemon

Groudon

This is the Pokémon that appeared on the packaging for Pokémon Ruby. Its bright red body is quite striking.

screenshot

Groudon appears!

screenshot

It... It's HUGE!

It's always hot to the touch.

It won't harm the player who called it, though, so use that to your advantage.

screenshot

Hot! Hot! HOTTT!

Poké Balls

When you throw a Poké Ball in Smash, a Pokémon
of some sort will appear and come to your aid.

screenshot

Pick up and throw the Poké Ball...

screenshot

A Pokémon appears!

screenshot

Then it attacks anything in its path!

Mmm. They're quite reliable. But you never know which Pokémon is inside a Poké Ball.

Of course, having this particular Pokémon appear at the most critical of times is in keeping with Murphy's Law.

screenshot

Goldeen, Goldeen, Goldeen, Goldeen, Goldeen...

bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#156 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts

[QUOTE="Skylock00"]You know why the arrangement for Yoshi's Music is awesome? Because Masafumi Takada, one of Grasshopper Manfuacture's guys, was responsible for the arrangement, and both he and Jun Fukuda (The two guys who did Killer7's music) are simply awesome.gaminggeek

The Killer 7 music is fabulous, I got the CD. Such great music, so eclectic and expressive. If you have the space channel 5 cds this yoshi track will probably remind you a little of the music from there the remixed versions at least.

I think Rave-On is my personal all time favourite tune from a video game.  I'd quite happily mix it in if I was doing a dj set. 

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Skylock00
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

[QUOTE="Skylock00"]You know why the arrangement for Yoshi's Music is awesome? Because Masafumi Takada, one of Grasshopper Manfuacture's guys, was responsible for the arrangement, and both he and Jun Fukuda (The two guys who did Killer7's music) are simply awesome.bugsonglass

I think Rave-On is my personal all time favourite tune from a video game. I'd quite happily mix it in if I was doing a dj set.

You should mix in this version of the song that I did. ;)

At any rate, Rave On is very cool, but I just in general enjoyed the Killer7 soundtrack for its styles of music, as well as the melodic/harmonic language it employed throughout. 

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#158 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
Turning all Items off but pokeballs is a blast. And good choice for including Groudon.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#159 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Ohhh the pokemon looks menacing, and yeah we used to play with no items but pokeballs too and it was a lot of fun.
SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#160 SupremeAC
Member since 2003 • 7561 Posts

Ohhh the pokemon looks menacing, and yeah we used to play with no items but pokeballs too and it was a lot of fun.GodModeEnabled

I was always more of a bat/lasersword type of guy...  The fact that you can throw those as well, something nobody's ever prepared for gives them the edge  :P  As for Groudon: his design looks so dated by now...  One of the lesser designs IMO.  Plus he doesn't even seem to do something either then be too hot to touch  :(

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 GodModeEnabled

Pokeballs are the best, man this game is going to be excellent. I still cant believe its going to be online.

dvader654
Im not so sure it will be yet but man I hope so. We HAVE to have GGD Tournaments and the like here. I cant wait to fight you guys, its gonna be awesome!
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#163 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
I'd say all I care about are the controls, but Motoi Sakuraba doing music is something that garners my attention. Wiimote support = buy. No Wiimote support = not buy. Seems like a stupid thing to have to be unsure of, but they've managed to create doubt whether I'll be able to play the game with the controller that came with the system.
SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 SupremeAC

I'd say all I care about are the controls, but Motoi Sakuraba doing music is something that garners my attention. Wiimote support = buy. No Wiimote support = not buy. Seems like a stupid thing to have to be unsure of, but they've managed to create doubt whether I'll be able to play the game with the controller that came with the system.yodariquo

Perhaps it'll come with a pack-in clasic controller?  Odd, yes, but  not unprecedented.  Games come packed with perhiperals all the time...  Oh and Godmode  *gives you the evil eye of doom*  You're ON!

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Skylock00
...but Motoi Sakuraba doing music is something that garners my attention. yodariquo
Sakuraba is a fine enough composer, but his arranging that I've heard thus far isn't as strong as a number of the other composers on that list, Takada included.
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 yodariquo
[QUOTE="yodariquo"]...but Motoi Sakuraba doing music is something that garners my attention. Skylock00
Sakuraba is a fine enough composer, but his arranging that I've heard thus far isn't as strong as a number of the other composers on that list, Takada included.

I don't tend to pay much attention to composers in games, but the Baten Kaitos soundtracks made me aware of Sakuraba. I've also found that he composed the music for Golden Sun, which I found excellent. Technically, given my minimal exposure, the rest of his work could be complete crap XD. The most exemplary tracks, I think, are these two To the End of the Journey of Glittering Stars Le Ali Del Principio (hopefully it's alright that I posted links to those)
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 GodModeEnabled

[QUOTE="yodariquo"]I'd say all I care about are the controls, but Motoi Sakuraba doing music is something that garners my attention. Wiimote support = buy. No Wiimote support = not buy. Seems like a stupid thing to have to be unsure of, but they've managed to create doubt whether I'll be able to play the game with the controller that came with the system.SupremeAC

Perhaps it'll come with a pack-in clasic controller?  Odd, yes, but  not unprecedented.  Games come packed with perhiperals all the time...  Oh and Godmode  *gives you the evil eye of doom*  You're ON!

I will Kirby cheese the lot of you into submission!!! :evil:
Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts
[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"][QUOTE="SupremeAC"]

[QUOTE="yodariquo"]I'd say all I care about are the controls, but Motoi Sakuraba doing music is something that garners my attention. Wiimote support = buy. No Wiimote support = not buy. Seems like a stupid thing to have to be unsure of, but they've managed to create doubt whether I'll be able to play the game with the controller that came with the system.dvader654

My Link will destory all you guys.  You can't beat an elf guy that pulls bombs out of his ass, spins like a tornado and uses a sword like a pogo stick.

And I'll leave you guys out in the cold trying to translate Marth's victory phrases after I slash you off the screen!!!

AND Ganondorf will purple-magic your arses into the ground (espcially Link; I will get you, dvader!)!!

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Skylock00

I don't tend to pay much attention to composers in games, but the Baten Kaitos soundtracks made me aware of Sakuraba. I've also found that he composed the music for Golden Sun, which I found excellent. Technically, given my minimal exposure, the rest of his work could be complete crap XD.yodariquo
Well, again, I wasn't really talking about Sakuraba's composing skills, but moreso his arranging skills, which is kind of indepented from being able to write good music (Nobuo Uematsu is a solid composer, for example, but he isn't known for his arranging skills).

Listen to the menu music arrangement by Sakuraba here, then listen to the Yoshi Story Arrangement by Hirofumi Takada here, and see what I'm talking about regarding being a strong arranger.

PS. Please take those links down, as providing illegal means of gaining game music is not allowed. ;)

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 GodModeEnabled
[QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"][QUOTE="SupremeAC"]

[QUOTE="yodariquo"]I'd say all I care about are the controls, but Motoi Sakuraba doing music is something that garners my attention. Wiimote support = buy. No Wiimote support = not buy. Seems like a stupid thing to have to be unsure of, but they've managed to create doubt whether I'll be able to play the game with the controller that came with the system.Angry_Beaver

My Link will destory all you guys.  You can't beat an elf guy that pulls bombs out of his ass, spins like a tornado and uses a sword like a pogo stick.

And I'll leave you guys out in the cold trying to translate Marth's victory phrases after I slash you off the screen!!!

AND Ganondorf will purple-magic your arses into the ground (espcially Link; I will get you, dvader!)!!

Bwhahahaha I hope all you guys enjoy your characters powers, because I know I will enjoy stealing them with Kirby :evil: *makes vacuum sound*
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 yodariquo
TEXT THAT I CAN'T QUOTE BECAUSE OF HTML ERRORSSkylock00
Done and done (hence the caption of hopeful yet expectation of moddage). Heard both of those, and given my ear only to the melody and never hearing the original composition of the Yoshi's Song, I can't say much either way of the arrangement. You'll probably need someone with a more sophisticated musical sense to have much of a conversation of this.
Darkwing_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#173 Darkwing_Duck
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

Well, trash talking aside, I hope they undo the nerfing Ness got. 

Interesting to see what they do with wavedashing.   

Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Angry_Beaver
[QUOTE="Angry_Beaver"][QUOTE="dvader654"][QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"][QUOTE="SupremeAC"]

[QUOTE="yodariquo"]I'd say all I care about are the controls, but Motoi Sakuraba doing music is something that garners my attention. Wiimote support = buy. No Wiimote support = not buy. Seems like a stupid thing to have to be unsure of, but they've managed to create doubt whether I'll be able to play the game with the controller that came with the system.GodModeEnabled

Bwhahahaha I hope all you guys enjoy your characters powers, because I know I will enjoy stealing them with Kirby :evil: *makes vacuum sound*

Kirby sucks! But really, what are you going to do to US with all those little special moves? Ganondor's Melee one you have to time JUST right (a charge move), and he just looks funny swinging Marth's sword. Link's arrows... pah!

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Skylock00

Heard both of those, and given my ear only to the melody and never hearing the original composition of the Yoshi's Song, I can't say much either way of the arrangement. You'll probably need someone with a more sophisticated musical sense to have much of a conversation of this.yodariquo
Well, the melody isn't going to give you any indication of arrangement matters, because neither song were written by the people arranging them.  The point I was trying to make is that Sakuraba's arrangement of the menu music is very dry, especially given his rather simplistic useage of orchestral samples that don't sound that impressive, and there's nothing really stylistically special about his treatment.

Takada's treatment of the Yoshi Story's ending, however, is a different story.  The genre of music is markably different than the original.  There is a strong attempt to embody the new stylistic placement of the original material through the use of the instrumentation, with a number of the rhythmic/harmonic lines being idiomatic to that style.  It actually feels like he's trying to do a new setting of someone elses material in a unique way, adding his own flair in the process, something that Sakuraba doesn't really do at all.

From what I've heard of these two guys, I'm not looking forward to Sakaguchi's contrabutions to this game, if he's strictly arranging, unless he is going to approach his arrangements in some way outside of the orchestral approach he tends to take.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 gaminggeek

The game is online, has to be with strikers online. But I'll be crying because my wireless is still down, a month later, 6 months of Orange broadband crapping me around, after an engineer turned up yesterday and still couldn't fix it.

Anyhow, 15 new posts and I thought at least one of you guys would have done the update for me, no such luck!

UPDATE 12: RECOVER

After an enemy sends you flying really far, it seems like all that's left is for you to fall.
But you must never give up hope!

screenshot

You've been blasted! Just aim for solid ground!

screenshot

This is when you use your midair jump!

screenshot

Then your Up Special Move to rise up!

screenshot

Whoa. Safe at last.

If recovering is a technique, then there must also be techniques to guard against recovery. Fierce aerial battles often rule the match!

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 toment
Member since 2005 • 8396 Posts

KirbyGodModeEnabled

Linkdvader654

MarthAngry_Beaver

Ha ha ha, don't you guys know Samus is the best fighter? I mean, Kirby? Seriously? COME ON!

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#178 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

The game is online, has to be with strikers online. But I'll be crying because my wireless is still down, a month later, 6 months of Orange broadband crapping me around, after an engineer turned up yesterday and still couldn't fix it.

Anyhow, 15 new posts and I thought at least one of you guys would have done the update for me, no such luck!

UPDATE 12: RECOVER

After an enemy sends you flying really far, it seems like all that's left is for you to fall.
But you must never give up hope!

screenshot

You've been blasted! Just aim for solid ground!

screenshot

This is when you use your midair jump!

screenshot

Then your Up Special Move to rise up!

screenshot

Whoa. Safe at last.

If recovering is a technique, then there must also be techniques to guard against recovery. Fierce aerial battles often rule the match!

gaminggeek
Look at the recovery there...there's something to speculate. :) I remember Sakurai saying that aerial combat was going to be improved...maybe he meant that up-B moves are going to have more mobility?
Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Angry_Beaver
Maybe so. Look how far Mario moved with his [ANNOYING] jump punch there. Quite a hop!
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 GodModeEnabled

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Kirbytoment

Linkdvader654

[quote="Angry_Beaver

Marth

Ha ha ha, don't you guys know Samus is the best fighter? I mean, Kirby? Seriously? COME ON!

:evil: Dont mock the flying pink marshmallow of death! You'll see this fall just how serious I am! *I like Samus too though, and oddly Mario*
SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 SupremeAC

boast boast boast

the lot of you

Rambo Jigglypuff owns all and you know it.  He could take you all at once in his sleep. 

As for recovery: seems like it'll take the edge off of Kirby and Jiggly's floating techniques.

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 toment
[QUOTE="toment"]

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]KirbyGodModeEnabled

Linkdvader654

MarthAngry_Beaver

:evil: Dont mock the flying pink marshmallow of death! You'll see this fall just how serious I am! *I like Samus too though, and oddly Mario*

Dr. Mario was one of my favourites in Melee, too bad he won't be in Brawl.

King9999, I agree, it looks like the characters are jumping further and Mario's b+up move is definitely sending him higher than it used to in Melee.

Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Angry_Beaver
I don't think they should be getting rid of any characters, from Melee or the original. Think they're doing that to cut down on development time? Or maybe to replace practical clones with some diversity.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 gaminggeek
How would everyone feel about the introduction of large numbers of 3rd party chatacters? Right or wrong for the franchise?
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#186 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

How would everyone feel about the introduction of large numbers of 3rd party chatacters? Right or wrong for the franchise?gaminggeek

I wouldn't mind seeing a few, but they'd need to cap it at around 5 or 6.  And they'd have to be very familiar to Nintendo consoles.  Mega-Man, Simon Belmont, Sonic, and of course, Chubby Cherub.

Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Angry_Beaver

How would everyone feel about the introduction of large numbers of 3rd party chatacters? Right or wrong for the franchise?gaminggeek

I think such an influx would erase the series' perceived influence by Nintendo, similar to trying to spot someone you know on a New York City sidewalk. On the other hand, if it could be pulled off and the new characters had good move sets, it would be a huge turn-on for me (as far as games are concerned, that is). In addition to Snake, I'd like to see Naked Snake (just because I actually liked him better than Solid), Sonic, Knuckles, Mega Man, and... Ichigo from Bleach (like that'll ever happen). Can't think of any more at the moment.

Yeah, it would look weird, and possibly be overwhelming, but I can see it as being a blast. Funny thing is, thinking about it makes me anxious, so my gut feeling is negative.

Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Angry_Beaver
BTW, how long do you guys think GC controllers will still be sold at retail? I want that GC backwards compatibility to remain practical for the Wii's lifespan, if possible.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 gaminggeek

BTW, how long do you guys think GC controllers will still be sold at retail? I want that GC backwards compatibility to remain practical for the Wii's lifespan, if possible.Angry_Beaver

I think you answered the question yourself, it would be silly for Nintendo to stop selling controllers given the ports and features, but they've made stupid decisions before.

Like you guys I think introducing too many 3rd party characters might dilute the perceived Nintendo influence, this is a series they created based on their greatest franchises. If I were them I would be thinking about what the pros and cons were. For instance I see little benefit in including snake, with no games on Nintendo platforms, having him there is like a painful reminder that those mgs games are missing.

Or on the other hand putting those characters into smash bros would cement friendly relations between the publishers, maybe even be used as incentives for 3rd parties to increase the characters profile on the system. And of course, putting 3rd party characters in the game may give non-smash veterens a reason to pique their interest.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#190 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

[QUOTE="Angry_Beaver"]BTW, how long do you guys think GC controllers will still be sold at retail? I want that GC backwards compatibility to remain practical for the Wii's lifespan, if possible.gaminggeek

I think you answered the question yourself, it would be silly for Nintendo to stop selling controllers given the ports and features, but they've made stupid decisions before.

Like you guys I think introducing too many 3rd party characters might dilute the perceived Nintendo influence, this is a series they created based on their greatest franchises. If I were them I would be thinking about what the pros and cons were. For instance I see little benefit in including snake, with no games on Nintendo platforms, having him there is like a painful reminder that those mgs games are missing.

Or on the other hand putting those characters into smash bros would cement friendly relations between the publishers, maybe even be used as incentives for 3rd parties to increase the characters profile on the system. And of course, putting 3rd party characters in the game may give non-smash veterens a reason to pique their interest.

Seems like a good idea. I mean, how many people picked up the GC version of Soul Calibur 2 because Link was in it? Maybe if third parties could get their characters in SSBB, and then make a Wii-exclusive game starring said character, it could mean a greater chance of sales because of the familiarity. If, say, Goemon appeared in SSBB, then Konami decided to release a new Goemon game for the Wii, how many more copies would they sell compared to the number of copies sold if Goemon wasn't in SSBB? Weren't Marth and Roy included in SSBM to promote the upcoming (back then) Fire Emblem games? And speaking of those two, they could be on their way out.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]How would everyone feel about the introduction of large numbers of 3rd party chatacters? Right or wrong for the franchise?dvader654

Defintly right for the franchise, its all about getting famous characters together, its time to bring more in.

How is Nintendo's relationship with Microsoft? Any chance of getting Master Chief in the game? :D

But Ryu Hayabusu, Mega Man, Belmont, and Ryu/Ken will be reasonable since they were on Nintendo before. 

Korn_Wallace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Korn_Wallace
Member since 2002 • 1950 Posts

I would love it if more 3rd party mascots were brought into the series. I know Nintendo has a large stable of video game characters, but eventually the well will run dry of Nintendo characters people have any affinity for. I would rather have someone like a Sonic or Mega Man in the game rather than Mr. Game and Watch. It would be like the World Series of Video Game Mascots. The ultimate fan-service game, if it isn't already.

bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts
On the subject of nintendo stars VS guest stars on smash bros... IMHO they should keep guest stars to a minimum.
SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 SupremeAC

On the subject of nintendo stars VS guest stars on smash bros... IMHO they should keep guest stars to a minimum.bugsonglass

I'll second that.  Nintendo character design has a certain visual cohesion about it.  3rd party characters might not fit in at all.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 GodModeEnabled
I have a GC controller, the wii classic controller, and the wiimote. But I shall use none of the above to play this game. I shall control my pink marshmallow assassin of evil with the pure power of awesome and my mind. *woom woom woom woom* *telepathic waves come out of head* And on a serious note, more 3rd party characters the better. Jam like 40 freakin people into this game that would be sweet.
Brain3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Brain3000
Member since 2003 • 2857 Posts

Update 13

Kirby

This is Kirby, Warp Star-riding citizen of Dream Land who can suck up anything. His copy abilities allow him to steal the powers of other characters!

Yeah... He's the only character who really hasn't changed much from his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee. He's round, pink, and soft.

screenshotscreenshot

screenshotscreenshot

Pikachu

Pikachu

With perfectly round cheeks and a jagged tail,
this can only be that most familiar of Pokémon, Pikachu!

It may be small and agile, but its electricity gives it powerful attacks.
It's what you would call an all-around character.

screenshotscreenshot

screenshotscreenshot

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 gaminggeek
Good job brain, saves me the effort. Look at Pikachu, lording it over Kirby. Kirby is nothing but Pikachu's slave transportation. But.....did Kirby steal the Prince of Persia's sword??
toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 toment
I hope Kirby isn't as nerfed as he was in Melee... for GodMode's sake at least, cause he is going to catch a savage beating using that beachball :twisted: