Smash Brothers Brawl Official Site (Gray Fox + Online + Sonic + Level Editor)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts
You know what we're all forgetting here? Mii's! With any luck I can put forward my Chuck norris Mii, reggie Mii, Batman, Shaft, Samual Jackson, Magnum, George Costanza, Apollo Creed and more.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
You what we're all forgetting here? Mii's! With any luck I can put forward my Chuck norris Mii, reggie Mii, Batman, Shaft, Samual Jackson, Magnum, George Costanza, Apollo Creed and more. gaminggeek
Hey you have a George Costanza mii? Hardcore! In smash brothers his secret move could be not giving a waitress a tip and being on unemployment! :P
toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 toment
Member since 2005 • 8396 Posts
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]You what we're all forgetting here? Mii's! With any luck I can put forward my Chuck norris Mii, reggie Mii, Batman, Shaft, Samual Jackson, Magnum, George Costanza, Apollo Creed and more. GodModeEnabled
Hey you have a George Costanza mii? Hardcore! In smash brothers his secret move could be not giving a waitress a tip and being on unemployment! :P

b+up = makes you lick his envelopes
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 gaminggeek

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"][QUOTE="gaminggeek"]You what we're all forgetting here? Mii's! With any luck I can put forward my Chuck norris Mii, reggie Mii, Batman, Shaft, Samual Jackson, Magnum, George Costanza, Apollo Creed and more. toment

b+up = makes you lick his envelopes

His special move: he pulls out a big salad from his raincoat, smashes it in someones face and yells "HERE'S your BIG SALAD!"

Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts
[QUOTE="toment"]

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]And still Kirby is going to own all these new characters.... :P Always my favorite to use. Looks promising so far.GodModeEnabled

Kirby, huh? I liked to use him in the original, but HAL seriously nutured him in Melee.  I've always liked Capt. Falcon, and in Melee Samus was really great (you can't get her off the stage!).

My Captain Falcon/Samus can take your Kirby anytime of the week!

Online please, Nintendo.

This game NEEDS online play. Oh man imagine how awesome it would be everyone in this thread battling it out. We could host tournaments and do prizes and everything! I hope im not getting all excited for nothing... Its been a while (like years) since I played smash, but I remember Kirby, Fox and Mario were my strong characters... argh now I want to play this again!

Marth+Ganondorf from Melee = GME pwned ;)

bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts
Is it not certain yet that this will have online?  I remember yonks ago when Iwata was saying at a conferrence that Smash Bros on Wii with online was his personal highest anticipated game so he could cream Reggie from the comfort of his home in Japan.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 gaminggeek
The game has been confirmed online since the day that it was announced. It's just that this is nintendo and they don't exactly expose their games regularly to scrutiny till much closer to release date, so people always have doubts and worries.
toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 toment

The game has been confirmed online since the day that it was announced. It's just that this is nintendo and they don't exactly expose their games regularly to scrutiny till much closer to release date, so people always have doubts and worries. gaminggeek
What? are you forgetting how Sakurai has said on several occasions that he won't make the game online?

the only time I've heard it was online was when Iwata announced it (this was before Sakurai had been approached to make the game). 

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 GodModeEnabled

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]The game has been confirmed online since the day that it was announced. It's just that this is nintendo and they don't exactly expose their games regularly to scrutiny till much closer to release date, so people always have doubts and worries. toment

What? are you forgetting how Sakurai has said on several occasions that he won't make the game online?

the only time I've heard it was online was when Iwata announced it (this was before Sakurai had been approached to make the game). 

Yeah I heard nothing about the online here either. Im sort of in a believe it when I see kind of place. God I hope it does.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 gaminggeek

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]The game has been confirmed online since the day that it was announced. It's just that this is nintendo and they don't exactly expose their games regularly to scrutiny till much closer to release date, so people always have doubts and worries. toment

As far as I know the game has been confirmed online since the day that it was announced. Were the Sakurai interviews from a while back?

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 toment
[QUOTE="toment"]

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]The game has been confirmed online since the day that it was announced. It's just that this is nintendo and they don't exactly expose their games regularly to scrutiny till much closer to release date, so people always have doubts and worries. gaminggeek

As far as I know the game has been confirmed online since the day that it was announced. Were the Sakurai interviews from a while back?

Late last year I think was the last time he said so. The only person at Nintendo who has said it was online was Iwata at e3 one year and even that was a pretty vague, non-committal statement.. Whereas Sakurai (the guy actually making the game) has always been firm on the no-online stance.

Iwata is his boss, though... so maybe he'll delay it or something to put in an online mode. I'm not holding my breath, though. the online mode would probably use the friendcode system anyway

Aforementioned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Aforementioned
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts

Final Fantasy will never ever be remotely close to being in Smash thanks to a new game call Dissadia.  SE is going to milk their franchise themselves and not let other companies do it.

Since Konami has contributed Snake, there's still hope for other companies to follow suit.

Capcom - Megaman or Viewtiful Joe

Hudson - Bomberman

Sega - Sonic, Tails 

SquareEnix - Geno (Super Mario RPG)

Namco - ??? (Perhaps someone Xenosaga or Baten Kaitos now that Ninty owns Monolith Soft)

Also, Smash Bros. is severly lacking in the females department.  Off the top of my head it has Zelda, Samus, Peach, Nana (w/ Popo).  I can only see Fire Emblem as a good pool for strong female fighters.

Brain3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Brain3000
Member since 2003 • 2857 Posts

[QUOTE="Brain3000"]I'd like to remind people that the requirement for a 3rd party character to appear in SSBB is that said character has to have appeared in a game on a Nintendo platform.Skylock00
Well, the only real case where Solid Snake showed up (as in the real SS in a real Metal Gear series game outside of the handheld ports) was in Metal Gear: The Twin Snakes on the GC. Neither of the Metal Gear games on the NES were considered cannon, and the main Metal Gear Solid series was always a Sony thing.

Snake still appeared on a Nintendo platform, so the requirement still stands. I actually don't get why you responded that way to my post. :?

Not to mention your forgetting Metal Gear Solid for the Game Boy Color.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts
Snake still appeared on a Nintendo platform, so the requirement still stands. I actually don't get why you responded that way to my post. :S

Not to mention your forgetting Metal Gear Solid for the Game Boy Color. Brain3000

Firslty, I didn't forget the GBC, as I noted that in my post  when I addressed the handheld ports.  I was just addressing the fact that if we're talking about the main canon MG series, the only real cases I think that Snake was actually on a Nintendo platform would have been the GBC release, and Twin Snakes.

The reason why I responded is because the 'requirement' that you set forth is one that I don't think is really techincially one that applies in the case of Snake.  Snake was put in Smash Bros. mainly because Kojima wanted him in there, and got in touch with the director of the game to put him in there back when Melee was in development (which ultimately came out years before Twin Snakes came out), and the only reason why Snake wasn't put in the game was because the request was made too late in the development cycle to do so.  When Brawl came around, plans were put into action sooner, and that's why we have him in there.

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

[QUOTE="dvader654"]We need Sonic, Mega Man and a Belmont. Then we are set.arnyy

I've always said no to Megaman because of his heavy involvement in the Capcom fighting games. The other two are fine.

megaman would play WAY to similar to samus 

Aforementioned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Aforementioned
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts

It seems the website updates around midnight Pacific time.

Update 3 will be about a new item: Gooey Bomb.

Darkwing_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 Darkwing_Duck
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

Aforementioned

Ewww...get it off!!!  Get it off!!!  Can see that item causing a lot of commotion.

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 toment
[QUOTE="Aforementioned"]

arnyy

Ewww...get it off!!! Get it off!!! Can see that item causing a lot of commotion.

Yeah, it's not an innovation in gameplay by any means, but I could see that Gooey Bomb being a lot of fun.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 gaminggeek

Newcomer: Pit screens for the day

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#78 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"][QUOTE="toment"]

Late last year I think was the last time he said so. The only person at Nintendo who has said it was online was Iwata at e3 one year and even that was a pretty vague, non-committal statement.. Whereas Sakurai (the guy actually making the game) has always been firm on the no-online stance.

Iwata is his boss, though... so maybe he'll delay it or something to put in an online mode. I'm not holding my breath, though. the online mode would probably use the friendcode system anyway

Really? I can't remember a single Sakurai quote that indicated that Brawl would not be online. Most I can recall is that it wouldn't have any kind of motion control, which makes sense for the game. But I fully expect the game to launch this year, and with an online mode. A quality online mode? Remains to be seen, but it'll be there. I'd put good money on it. If I bet. Or had money to bet.

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 toment

Really? I can't remember a single Sakurai quote that indicated that Brawl would not be online. Most I can recall is that it wouldn't have any kind of motion control, which makes sense for the game. But I fully expect the game to launch this year, and with an online mode. A quality online mode? Remains to be seen, but it'll be there. I'd put good money on it. If I bet. Or had money to bet.

Oilers99

Reading up on the subject, I realise I was wrong and you guys were right (GG, Oilers), he's said that he'll "try" to put an online mode in. My mistake.

He has also said that there won't be a ranking system.

So expect something very bare bones or nothing at all... :(

lightmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lightmonkey
Member since 2005 • 7010 Posts
Ugh, what a lame update, if you can even call it that, considering we already knew of Pit's appearance. :roll:
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 gaminggeek

Ugh, what a lame update, if you can even call it that, considering we already knew of Pit's appearance. :roll:lightmonkey

Hey man I can only work with what they give me :P

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
Maybe you're working too hard :P
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GodModeEnabled
They should put master chief and kratos in this game.
toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 toment
They should put master chief and kratos in this game.GodModeEnabled
Great post. Will read again.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 gaminggeek

Update: Pits special moves

Normal Special Move: Palutena Arrow

Pit draws his bowstring taut...

And fires! The trajectory of the arrow can curve.

Steering up and down will bend the trajectory.
His arrows travel as fast as light, though, so be quick. Very quick!

He's falling! Danger! ...But don't worry.

The "Wings of Icarus" allow Pit to fly freely through the sky!

In actuality, though, Pit is an angel who cannot ordinarily fly.
After a while, he will fall, so be careful.

SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#86 SupremeAC
Member since 2003 • 7561 Posts

gaminggeek

The curvable arrows seem like a sweet deal to me.  Hopefully they'll do more damage then regular projectiles though...  Anyhow, if Pit's anything like Marth (elegant swordplay) then the chances of him becoming my brawl favorite are high.

Also, anyone notice how on the official site the 'how to play' icon is a Wiimote?  If you think about it, even the wiimote on its own features enough buttons to play the game.  :shock:

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Pit looks slick! Awesome design. It's amazing how they translated him so well to 3D. Those Japanese devs. are amazing talents.

Which makes me cause to wonder one thing from that Pit design....when is Nintendo going to give us a 3D Kid Icarus game?! :D

But as a design standspoint, I can understand how difficult it will be to translate a game like Kid Icarus to 3D. Maybe that's why Miyamoto and Nintendo hasn't really thought about on how to make a 3D Kid Icarus game? Well, if 3D is not the best way to handle Kid Icarus, than how about a 2.5D Kid Icarus game for the DS?

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 gaminggeek
I can't remember exactly but I have a vague recollection of the N64 version using 2 buttons, one for kick and another for punch.
Angry_Beaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Angry_Beaver
Member since 2003 • 4884 Posts
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

SupremeAC

The curvable arrows seem like a sweet deal to me.  Hopefully they'll do more damage then regular projectiles though...  Anyhow, if Pit's anything like Marth (elegant swordplay) then the chances of him becoming my brawl favorite are high.

Also, anyone notice how on the official site the 'how to play' icon is a Wiimote?  If you think about it, even the wiimote on its own features enough buttons to play the game.  :shock:

R/L Defend
Z/(R/L + A (?)) Grab
X/Y Jump
A Normal
B Special
D Up Taunt

Six actions. Only two buttons are really accessible on the Wiimote at any given time, and I think that for such a fast-paced game, we'll be using A and B only for combat. The hand has to be repositioned on the Wiimote to switch back and forth between A and the d-pad, so I anticipate most actions using the A and B buttons. Now, we'll also need the nunchuck for movement, so there's two additional buttons. The only potential problem with that is that they're with the stick. Personally, I always used R for defend in Melee. Anyway, that brings us to a total of 4 buttons. If we remove Taunt from my list above, that leaves us with 5 actions to be assigned somehow to single presses or combinations using 4 buttons. For the five actions, I, personally, used the GC pad buttons in this order, corresponding to the above actions: R, Z, X, A, B. Five different buttons.

Hmm....

toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 toment
I can't remember exactly but I have a vague recollection of the N64 version using 2 buttons, one for kick and another for punch. gaminggeek
No that's Tekken (but with one button for each limb), Smash uses A for regular attack and B for special attack.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 gaminggeek

Personally I'd have one attack button A.

A shoulder button for jumping, another shoulder button for defend and B for grabs. Other stuff can be motion controlled. You could feasibly just have waggle for attack akin to Twilight princess then by pushing the stick in different directions you get different combos or attacks. Down and waggle is a leg sweep for example, up and waggle an uppercut.

I can't even remember but in Smash N64 didn't you just push up on the control stick to jump?

The D-Pad could handle taunts and special moves easily.

What kind of special items would you like? I'd like a giant virtual green hand to drop onto the field, then when you collect it the screen freezes and you use the pointer to grab a character and toss them about, smash them through walls or lob them off the stage or into other characters.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 gaminggeek

P.S

I've updated Pits special moves with annotated screenshots from the site (scroll up)

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

P.S

I've updated Pits special moves with annotated screenshots from the site (scroll up)

gaminggeek

An angel who can't fly...ooo, I love the poetic vibe to that.

Kind of like my life...like Pit, I'm just winging it. ;)

Siddiqui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Siddiqui
Member since 2002 • 544 Posts

R/L Defend
Z/(R/L + A (?)) Grab
X/Y Jump
A Normal
B Special
D Up Taunt

Six actions. Only two buttons are really accessible on the Wiimote at any given time, and I think that for such a fast-paced game, we'll be using A and B only for combat. The hand has to be repositioned on the Wiimote to switch back and forth between A and the d-pad, so I anticipate most actions using the A and B buttons. Now, we'll also need the nunchuck for movement, so there's two additional buttons. The only potential problem with that is that they're with the stick. Personally, I always used R for defend in Melee. Anyway, that brings us to a total of 4 buttons. If we remove Taunt from my list above, that leaves us with 5 actions to be assigned somehow to single presses or combinations using 4 buttons. For the five actions, I, personally, used the GC pad buttons in this order, corresponding to the above actions: R, Z, X, A, B. Five different buttons.

Hmm....

Angry_Beaver

Jump can just be done by pressing up on the analog [as it was in the n64 version at least] and also put on down on the D-pad. That leaves us with 4 functions and 4 buttons. Then you can put taunts on any of the less accessible buttons.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 GodModeEnabled
Hahahahaha Pit... whats he gonna do lame someone to death with his ultimate lameness? Kirby laughs at his inability to fly and prepares for a beatdown :evil:
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 gaminggeek

Hahahahaha Pit... whats he gonna do lame someone to death with his ultimate lameness? Kirby laughs at his inability to fly and prepares for a beatdown :evil:GodModeEnabled

Kirby is like a giant inflated testicle that's ready to burst at the hands of Pits' pointed arrows. Seriously what was HALs inspiration behind this freak of nature?

SupremeAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#98 SupremeAC
Member since 2003 • 7561 Posts

Kirby is like a giant inflated testicle that's ready to burst at the hands of Pits' pointed arrows. Seriously what was HALs inspiration behind this freak of nature?

gaminggeek

Kirby spawned from the great mind of Iwata himself.  If you want to get anywhere in life you'd better start sucking up to that giant inflated testicle GG  :x

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 gaminggeek

Kirby got Iwata the top job no doubt. Something so brilliant couldn't be ignored by Yaumachi, the mastermind. I hear that yaumauchi wanted changes made though.

"Satoru make two Kirbys......... and attach them together like con-joined twins"

Spirit_of_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Spirit_of_87
Member since 2003 • 2423 Posts
[QUOTE="Brain3000"] Snake still appeared on a Nintendo platform, so the requirement still stands. I actually don't get why you responded that way to my post. :S

Not to mention your forgetting Metal Gear Solid for the Game Boy Color. Skylock00

Firslty, I didn't forget the GBC, as I noted that in my post  when I addressed the handheld ports.  I was just addressing the fact that if we're talking about the main canon MG series, the only real cases I think that Snake was actually on a Nintendo platform would have been the GBC release, and Twin Snakes.

The reason why I responded is because the 'requirement' that you set forth is one that I don't think is really techincially one that applies in the case of Snake.  Snake was put in Smash Bros. mainly because Kojima wanted him in there, and got in touch with the director of the game to put him in there back when Melee was in development (which ultimately came out years before Twin Snakes came out), and the only reason why Snake wasn't put in the game was because the request was made too late in the development cycle to do so.  When Brawl came around, plans were put into action sooner, and that's why we have him in there.

But, "Solid Snake" has appeared in a Brawler before:  Dream Mix TV World Fighters for the Nintendo GameCube.  Which also featured, Simon Belmont (Chronicles version PS1), A giant Moai Head (Gradius), Megatron, Optimus Prime, characters from the Bloody Roar series, Goemon etc.  Follow the links to see more, videos can be seen when you press the square icon at the bottom of each character page.  Official Site.

Solid Snake performing the heimlich maneuver on Bombmer Man. (pictured below)

Simon Belmont v

Moai Head:D

Stinger (A.K.A. Twin Bee, Rainbow Bell)