Legacy System recommendation thread.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1001 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

[QUOTE="Fusionmix"]

Best Armored Core for PS2? I'm a complete series n00b, but I like mechas and fiddling with parts. I hear AC3 is the best starting place, but some people say Nexus?

Emerald_Warrior

Why not start with the original Armored Core on PS1 and go from there? PS2s play PS1 games. And the original is a fantastic PS1 game.

The first is quite good, that would be a good place unless the graphics are an absolute turnoff.. For PS2: 2, 3, Another Age, or Nexus would be fine.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#1002 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

So I have a 20 dollar Amazon gift card... what GBA RPG/ strategy games worth buying? I'm getting Yggdra Union (I buy used.) I was wondering what other ones are good? I was thinking Lunar Legend...

Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1003 Eikichi-Onizuka

So I have a 20 dollar Amazon gift card... what GBA RPG/ strategy games worth buying? I'm getting Yggdra Union (I buy used.) I was wondering what other ones are good? I was thinking Lunar Legend...

turtlethetaffer

Lunar Legend is a good game but the PS1 and PSP versions are both better(PS1 being the best imo). Recommended if you have no options to play either of those versions because it's still a good GBA game.

As for other games I'd recommend:
Breath of Fire I and II
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
Tales of Phantasia

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1004 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Eikichi-Onizuka

Lunar Legend is a good game but the PS1 and PSP versions are both better(PS1 being the best imo). Recommended if you have no options to play either of those versions because it's still a good GBA game.

As for other games I'd recommend:
Breath of Fire I and II
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
Tales of Phantasia

Cool thanks, I'll echck those games out.

Fusionmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1005 Fusionmix
Member since 2010 • 1656 Posts

Best King of Fighters game for a nub.

Go.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#1006 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
I have King of Fighters XI and King of Fighters 2006 and I love both.
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1007 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
I would like some recommendations for the N64. Never had one as a kid but a friend did. Bought one off craig's list. I have Mario 64 and DK 64. I am aware of Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Wanye Gretzky, Super Smash Bros, etc. But if people could recommend some more I would appreciate it. :)
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1008 turtlethetaffer

I would like some recommendations for the N64. Never had one as a kid but a friend did. Bought one off craig's list. I have Mario 64 and DK 64. I am aware of Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Wanye Gretzky, Super Smash Bros, etc. But if people could recommend some more I would appreciate it. :)Swanogt19

The two Zelda games are a no brainer, Paper Mario, Star Wars Pod racer.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1009 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts
I would like some recommendations for the N64. Never had one as a kid but a friend did. Bought one off craig's list. I have Mario 64 and DK 64. I am aware of Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Wanye Gretzky, Super Smash Bros, etc. But if people could recommend some more I would appreciate it. :)Swanogt19
Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars Gauntlet: Legends (or get the extended version on PS2, XBOX, or GameCube called Dark Legacy) Star Wars: Rogue Squadron F-Zero X Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire 007: The World is Not Enough Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer Kirby 64 (though I might wait until what the Wii cIassic collection holds)
VoidType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1010 VoidType
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I spent many hours on my Jaguar playing Alien vs Predator, used to scare the crap out of myself playing it alone late at night!. And Dragon The Bruce Lee Story. Really miss that console :(
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#1011 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

Best King of Fighters game for a nub.

Go.

Fusionmix
I recommend King of Fighters XI. It of course has a VERY cheap last boss, but that goes for every KoF, pretty much.
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#1012 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

[QUOTE="Swanogt19"]I would like some recommendations for the N64. Never had one as a kid but a friend did. Bought one off craig's list. I have Mario 64 and DK 64. I am aware of Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Wanye Gretzky, Super Smash Bros, etc. But if people could recommend some more I would appreciate it. :)nintendoboy16
Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars Gauntlet: Legends (or get the extended version on PS2, XBOX, or GameCube called Dark Legacy) Star Wars: Rogue Squadron F-Zero X Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire 007: The World is Not Enough Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer Kirby 64 (though I might wait until what the Wii cIassic collection holds)

To add to this list:

• Ogre Battle 64
  • Sin & Punishment (import only)
  • Blast Corps
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1013 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="Swanogt19"]I would like some recommendations for the N64. Never had one as a kid but a friend did. Bought one off craig's list. I have Mario 64 and DK 64. I am aware of Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Wanye Gretzky, Super Smash Bros, etc. But if people could recommend some more I would appreciate it. :)King9999

To add to this list:

• Ogre Battle 64
  • Sin & Punishment (import only)
  • Blast Corps

Reminds me, I need to get those as well (gonna need a Gameshark just to surpass the region locking though). I've already played and beat Sin and Punishment through Virtual Console, but I'd like a hard copy

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1014 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

Does anyone know if there are any ps1/ps2 games that are similar to the Mass Effect series?

aqkamboh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1015 aqkamboh

I like games so much and difficult to manage the list which games I played in my whole life because there are a lot ..........

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1016 Dudersaper

Does anyone know if there are any ps1/ps2 games that are similar to the Mass Effect series?

toxic_jackal
In terms of choices affecting the storyline or in terms of shooting action? Or theme?
toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1017 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

[QUOTE="toxic_jackal"]

Dudersaper

In terms of choices affecting the storyline or in terms of shooting action? Or theme?

In terms of theme and maybe shooting action.

zh911020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1018 zh911020
The latter featured a mix of fringed jeans and a standout pair of louche gray suede trousers with red trim. Short dresses ranged from laser-cut leather minis to a silk shirtdress rendition of the cowgirl top. Shoes have always been a mainly products for Isabel Marant, and we can already predict a long waiting list for her newest shoes offerings: point-toe pumps with cutout details and embroidered leather cowboy boots.kkllggjjddssa
GaussRiemann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1019 GaussRiemann
Member since 2012 • 249 Posts
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"][QUOTE="bultje112"]I've played that one already, I don't remember much of it, I was young, but I remember that really awesome guitar riff for the intro :P
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]I need some good PC games, pre-2009 only though, they can be Adventure (point and click or action adventure), platformers, or any other genre you feel that it has a game worth mentioning (even FPS or RTS's if you want), just NO car racing games or sports :PDarkman2007
if you want adventure, Grim Fandango is very good. also , are you looking at DOS games too , or just WIndows?

Been thinking of getting Grim Fandango for quite some time, it seems just my kind, and I used to have a Windows Grim Fandango Theme that came with a demo disk (yeah, I used the theme but never even played the game) :P It can be either DOS or Windows, I still play Theme Hospital and it's originally a DOS game (but I play the Windows port)

I can remommend all LucasArts adventures up to Grim Fandango Sam & Max Season 1 Disworld, Discworld 2, Discworld Noir Death Gate The Legend of Kyrandia Trilogy Shannara Super Hero League of Hoboken Star Trek: The Next Generation: A Final Unity Companions of Xanth Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail Beneath a Steel Sky Circle of Blood a.k.a. Broken Sword, Broken Sword 2 & 3 Toonstruck The Riddle of Master Lu Orion Burger Zork: Grand Inquisitor Callahan's Crosstime Saloon The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Rose Tatoo Simon the Sorcerer I & II
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1020 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I picked up a Dreamcast a wile ago, and i need about 20 great games to play around with, a recommandation would be appreciated. I already got Soul Calibur, Space Channel 5 and Project Justice, soon i'll get my hands on Bangai O & San Francisco Rush 2049. I don't have any interest in Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue & Sonic Adventure (i had a Dreamcast about a year ago, and played these games to death).

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1021 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

I picked up a Dreamcast a wile ago, and i need about 20 great games to play around with, a recommandation would be appreciated. I already got Soul Calibur, Space Channel 5 and Project Justice, soon i'll get my hands on Bangai O & San Francisco Rush 2049. I don't have any interest in Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue & Sonic Adventure (i had a Dreamcast about a year ago, and played these games to death).

Lucianu

Great Choice with Project Justice and Rush 2049, great games. And if i remember correctly you're into fighting games so you should pick up Power Stone 1/2 (i like 2 better), Tech Romancer and Psychic Force 2012..How is Space Channel 5 btw? i always wanted to play that game but never got around to buying it.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1024 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Great Choice with Project Justice and Rush 2049, great games. And if i remember correctly you're into fighting games so you should pick up Power Stone 1/2 (i like 2 better), Tech Romancer and Psychic Force 2012..How is Space Channel 5 btw? i always wanted to play that game but never got around to buying it.

LP4EVA2005

Yeah, i already picked up Power Stone, Tech Romancer and a bunch of other games since that post. I don't want to get anything els until i play these games for a couple of hours or more anyway.. Space Channel 5 is hella fun, easy the first couple of stages, but hard at later stages, because those songs get very complex and fast. I really like this game.

cprmauldin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1025 cprmauldin
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

Looking to buy an RPG or two for PS1. Below is a list of games I want, please give recommendation on one or two, along with some info on the game:

Arc the Lad

Grandia

Vagrant Story

Xenogears

Final Fantasy VI

Chrono trigger

Chrono Cross

Wild Arms

Suikoden

JReefer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1026 JReefer1
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts

what about PC's, I think Direct X 13 is the latest, so what about Direct X 1 to Direct X 12, recommendations for games that run best on whatever Direct X version? I'll be hard because there isn't a database for it (yet) so someone will have to weed out which games go in what catagory/version of Direct X, it ain't nowhere near as oranized as games on consoles... I've been thinking about this for awhile and maybe this isn't the place for this type of recommendation, either way just thought I'd give it a shot.For example games for Direct X 1 systems games like Doom and Wolfenstien 3D would be good recommendations, and when you get to later versions like Direct X 10 games like Crysis and so-on

aruntisa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1029 aruntisa
Perhaps these are just the opinions of some random editors..
white_wolf922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1030 white_wolf922
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts

I just picked up a Genesisalong with Aladdin, Sonic 1& 2 and Might Morphin Power Rangers, because I thought it was the same as the SNES one I played as kid, but it's not. Anyway I was just wondering what games you all think I should get? I don't really like sports games all that much so those are out. I'd love a few good RPGs though.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1033 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I just picked up a Genesisalong with Aladdin, Sonic 1& 2 and Might Morphin Power Rangers, because I thought it was the same as the SNES one I played as kid, but it's not. Anyway I was just wondering what games you all think I should get? I don't really like sports games all that much so those are out. I'd love a few good RPGs though.white_wolf922

Congratulations! While SNES is a fantastic system, so is the Sega Genesis. Both of them are 2 of the best system ever made.

That's a nice start on games. Aladdin and Sonic 1 & 2 are 3 of the best on the Genesis. Power Rangers is cool for nostalgia's sake if you used to be a Power Rangers fan back in the day, it's a guilty pleasure of mine for that reason.

Some other recommendations:

Action/Adventure:

• Castlevania: Bloodlines
  • Contra: Hard Corps
  • Revenge of Shinobi
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Strider
  • Vectorman 1 & 2

Beat-Em Ups:

• Comix Zone
  • Golden Axe 1 & 2
  • Spider-Man: Maximum Carnage
  • Streets of Rage 1 & 2
  • X-Men 2: The Clone Wars

Fighting Games:

• Eternal Champions
  • Mortal Kombat 1 & 2
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Super Street Fighter II
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Platformers:

• Cool Spot
  • Rocket Knight Adventures
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3
  • Sonic & Knuckles

Shoot-Em Ups:

• Lightening Force
  • Raiden Trad
  • Thunder Force 2 & 3
  • Whip Rush

Other:

• Columns (Puzzle Game)
  • Lethal Enforcers 1 & 2 (Light-Gun Game)
  • Road Rash 1-3 (Motorcycle racing with some combat sprinkled in)
  • Space Harrier II (Early On-Rails Shooter)
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1034 Eikichi-Onizuka
All of Emerald's recommendations are good, I'd add: Mega Turrican Virtual Pinball Wiz n' Liz And for RPGs: Beyond Oasis Phantasy Star II-IV, II is a bit dated but still worth playing imo, III has mixed opinions but I like it, IV is just awesome Shining Force I and II Warsong
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#1035 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Looking to buy an RPG or two for PS1. Below is a list of games I want, please give recommendation on one or two, along with some info on the game:

Arc the Lad

Grandia

Vagrant Story

Xenogears

Final Fantasy VI

Chrono trigger

Chrono Cross

Wild Arms

Suikoden

cprmauldin

Here are the links to my reviews of Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger if you're interested.

lisayling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1036 lisayling
thank you, i will regard it as a good idea ___________________________________________ like shopping when i have a good time Diablo 3 Gold|Diablo 3 Items|Guild Wars 2 Gold|D3 Gold|Diablo 3 Gold
Dj-Dampleaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1040 Dj-Dampleaf
Member since 2012 • 730 Posts
[QUOTE="carvietasia"]wedding cars for rent in Hanoi With many newer luxury car category 4 where we provide customers with high quality wedding cars at very good prices wedding cars for hire in VietAsia diverse, rich brand and ensure quality to customers renting a car Wedding car Mercedes C, E, S. Toyota Camry 2.4 LE, 2.5 the most popular wedding car rental prices affordable to most consumers and fastest wedding cars for hire http://thuexehanoi.net.vn/

So wait, if I rent a Wedding Car, my Wedding car can get hired and become a mercedes?
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#1043 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

Nobody's asked, but i notice a high percentage of posts here regarding PS2 games revolve around RPG's and JRPG's.

So here's a list of 20 PS2 must-have games with no RPG's in sight! :D

-

924364_58450_thumb.jpg920500_54203_thumb.jpg932295_76312_thumb.jpg934025_81527_thumb.jpg561646_26444_thumb.jpg

927131_66429_thumb.jpg914851_25459_thumb.jpg914983_58438_thumb.jpg562459_54286_thumb.jpg925156_60502_thumb.jpg

924711_70469_thumb.jpg914659_26566_thumb.jpg920389_54780_thumb.jpg919642_50090_thumb.jpg378092_20304_thumb.jpg

927225_67893_thumb.jpg561066_44944_thumb.jpg926744_71959_thumb.jpg921111_70671_thumb.jpg914646_47505_thumb.jpg

I didn't want to include multiple games from the same franchise, so just chose the best from each.

Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1044 Eikichi-Onizuka
Burnout Revenge but not Takedown? Come on, now.
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#1045 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

Burnout Revenge but not Takedown? Come on, now.Eikichi-Onizuka

Takedown i find to be more irritating. And traffic-checking is awesome!

Clemons3ea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1047 Clemons3ea
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Before you say there are already threads like this let me say one thing.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1048 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17660 Posts
I never got around to playing Dragon Quest VIII. Is it worth picking up and does it still stand on its own compared to today's RPGs?
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1049 Dudersaper
Almost any JRPG from PS2-back stands on it's own compared to todays (J)RPG's. But yes, it's a great game, it's a very traditional RPG, doesn't really inovate, but what it does, it does well, and the game is extremely beautiful.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#1050 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I never got around to playing Dragon Quest VIII. Is it worth picking up and does it still stand on its own compared to today's RPGs?MirkoS77

It definitely stands on it own. Its gameplay is extremely old school, but the presentation feels fresh and modern.