New Overwatch 2 Hero Confirmed As Sojourn
Sojourn will finally be playable in Overwatch 2.
Capping off the BlizzCon 2019 opening ceremony, director Jeff Kaplan took the stage to reveal and detail Overwatch 2. It's sort of a sequel that features a roster of changes and new cooperative PvE modes; it'll also be playable with the original game's player base in competitive PvP modes. And one of the major reveals includes the confirmation of a new playable hero who has been in the background for a while. Her name is Sojourn.
Kaplan stated that the team will not be talking about Sojourn in much detail during BlizzCon, but we do know a few things about her based on previous lore. She was a captain in the Overwatch organization who worked closely with the likes of Soldier 76, Tracer, Winston, and other. She also appears in Winston's "Recall" animated short and Ana's origin story. Sojourn has cybernetic enhancements, and while we know nothing of her abilities yet, her body augmentations are likely to play into her combat abilities. She's also the first Canadian hero on the roster (it's cool that we get to go to Toronto as a new map, too).
You can catch up on all the announcements made at BlizzCon 2019, including more details on Overwatch 2 in our stories below:
- BlizzCon 2019 News: Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, And Everything Else Announced
- New Hero Confirmed For Overwatch 2: Sojourn
- BlizzCon Schedule: Overwatch 2, Diablo 4 Unveiling, And More
- Overwatch 2 Announced, Includes PvP And PvE
- What Overwatch 2 Means For Current Players
- Diablo 4 Announced At BlizzCon 2019
- Diablo 4 Gameplay Trailer Shows The New RPG In Action
- New WoW Shadowlands Expansion Trailer Released At BlizzCon 2019
- Hearthstone Expansion "Descent of Dragons" Announced, Coming In December
- Here's Every Hearthstone "Descent Of Dragons" Card (So Far)
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.