XBOX ONE looks like the better made console. Better build quality.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="superclocked"]Search for "Sony LCD tv backlight" on Google. Or here, let me do it for you.. Sony lcd tv backlight - All that you'll see are people having problems with their Sony HDTV's. And I already posted a link that showed that people are having framerate and stutter problems with their PS3 super slims. And atleast Microsoft replaced the broken 360's free of charge. They even pay for overnight shipping.. I'm definitely getting a PS4, and I like Sony, but they have had their share of hardware problems, too. That's all that I was trying to point out. But you're defending Sony like YOU'RE the one getting paid. Saying that you went through 6 XBox 360's? Lol, give me a break...superclocked
what do lcd's have to do with ps3?

Absolutely nothing. I was just pointing out that Sony doesn't have a perfect track record when it comes to hardware, either...

How many different models of different devices Sony manufactures?

Does Samsung has a history of perfection? Or Philips?

Your point is very stupid...

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"] what do lcd's have to do with ps3?ManatuBeard

Absolutely nothing. I was just pointing out that Sony doesn't have a perfect track record when it comes to hardware, either...

No, it's a perfectly valid point. It's hypocritical of cows to hate on Microsoft because of the first version 360 that used subpar solder when Sony has a long history of problems with their hardware. No company is perfect...
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="superclocked"]Absolutely nothing. I was just pointing out that Sony doesn't have a perfect track record when it comes to hardware, either...superclocked

No, it's a perfectly valid point. It's hypocritical of cows to hate on Microsoft because of the first version 360 that used subpar solder when Sony has a long history of problems with their hardware. No company is perfect...

Microsoft isnt too good at designing hardware, see RROD history on Xbox 360

subpar cooling design and terrible x clamp design 

its blantatly obvious Sony hardware designers and engineers are much better, they managed to pack in more power in the PS4, along with the PSU inside the console and is it thinner, lighter, slimmer then the Xbone and about the same size as PS3 slim while xbone looks like a big VCR

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 superclocked
[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

xboxiphoneps3

It was only the early model 360's that had problems. At least they fixed the broken 360's for free. They even pay for overnight shipping both ways. Sony charges a hefty fee to fix PS3's that get the YLOD, which was quite prevalent, as well...
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#205 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

The XBOX ONE looks to be made much more robust and durable than the PS4. It weighs more, looks more stout, and seems to have better cooling as well.

The XBOX ONE is higher priced than the PS4 for a reason ---> It's better made with higher build quality!

The PS4 looks flimsy in comparison.

Who agrees?

Baurus_1
Yeah cus MS has such a great track record of things not breaking down just because............ Oh wait RROD Anyways No; no way to tell if either or could take a trip down an escalator or break from sneezing on it, if you buy a car just based on looks be prepared to be rooked.
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Shielder7
[QUOTE="lockjaw333"]I would have to agree that when it comes to hardware, Sony is usually better. Sony is a hardware company, and Microsoft is a software company. Its apparent in this gen's consoles. The PS3 is higher quality hardware, more durable. I'm still on my original DS3 controller. The software however, including the XMB and system performance, sucks. The Xbox 360 hardware is cheap as hell. I'm on my 6th controller, 3rd headset, and 3rd system. 50% RROD rate early on? Hardwise wise, they make cheap stuff. However software wise, 360 UI is far superior. I'm sure you're going to see the same trend this gen, though I do expect Sony's software to be better than PS3. X1 software will be fantastic, but with less powerful hardware.

What are you doing man logic has no place in system wars.
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Shielder7

Putting the grill on the top is a bad idea... people will place their game boxes on there and choke off the heat vents...

I hope that's just a design grill and not an actual vent - otherwise, it'll get HOT.

Not to mention general laws of gravity and dust...

Microsoft can't be that stupid. Not again (cough RROD cough)

Netherscourge
Oh you under estimate MS.
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Xbox one looks nearly idenical to my Verizon Cable box minus the off color face plate.

Whats so special about it???

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="superclocked"]Search for "Sony LCD tv backlight" on Google. Or here, let me do it for you.. Sony lcd tv backlight - All that you'll see are people having problems with their Sony HDTV's. And I already posted a link that showed that people are having framerate and stutter problems with their PS3 super slims. And atleast Microsoft replaced the broken 360's free of charge. They even pay for overnight shipping.. I'm definitely getting a PS4, and I like Sony, but they have had their share of hardware problems, too. That's all that I was trying to point out. But you're defending Sony like YOU'RE the one getting paid. Saying that you went through 6 XBox 360's? Lol, give me a break...

what do lcd's have to do with ps3?

but sonys hardware covers a broad range of electronics. the manufacturing companies they use are whats crap. but do not try to compare the horrendously bad 360 rrod to the ps3. failure rates were not comparable
TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#210 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

[QUOTE="TrooperManaic"]

[QUOTE="superclocked"]Sony has a high rate of hardware problems. Their high definition LCD's have always had issues, and games are barely playable on the new Playstation3 Super Slim console... Also, the Playstation consoles use laptop type coolers..XBox One uses a large desktop type cooler... superclocked

Whoa, Sony has a high rate of hardware problems? I have owned two PS3s, Both of which still work flawlessly. Maybe you mistaked it for the RROD360, also you obviously don't own a PS3 super slim. I can game on it all day in the summer heat and there is absolutely no problems. You obviously are getting paid to say this.

Lastly, it wasn't my first choice but by some miracle I now own a old  40" Sony flat screen LCD and my god, it looks better then allot of LED TV's and I should know, I sold them for years in a store that made me learn every little bit about them. Say what you want about Sony, they know how to make good long lasting hardware that is dependable. Unlike my 6th xbox that broke the day after I bought it, ya know this one

10817167-1370891944-555774.jpg

I have to say at least Microsoft replaced at least 2 of them in general which took weeks to send through the mail.

Lastly, Sony's fan is like that because it doesn't attract dust on the hardware pieces themselves, its much easier to clean a PS3 then an Xbox 360. Their heat sink also isn't that bad in terms of cooling as I hardly feel any heat drawn from my PS3 unlike my 360 which randomly shuts down if I don't have my air conditioner on. Also before you give me a rude comment, I have built more PC's then you could possibly imagine, don't think you can lecture me on heat sinks.

Search for "Sony LCD tv backlight" on Google. Or here, let me do it for you.. Sony lcd tv backlight - All that you'll see are people having problems with their Sony HDTV's. And I already posted a link that showed that people are having framerate and stutter problems with their PS3 super slims. And atleast Microsoft replaced the broken 360's free of charge. They even pay for overnight shipping.. I'm definitely getting a PS4, and I like Sony, but they have had their share of hardware problems, too. That's all that I was trying to point out. But you're defending Sony like YOU'RE the one getting paid. Saying that you went through 6 XBox 360's? Lol, give me a break...

Nope just giving my personal experiences. Also when you have a huge library of xbox360 games you cant just stop using the xbox. Yes I have gone through 6 xboxes and whatever you say cannot change that fact. I have no stutter problems with my PS3, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You should see how some people treat their gaming consoles. I bet every one of them has got them in some sort of closed environment or out in the sun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="superclocked"]No, it's a perfectly valid point. It's hypocritical of cows to hate on Microsoft because of the first version 360 that used subpar solder when Sony has a long history of problems with their hardware. No company is perfect...superclocked

It was only the early model 360's that had problems. At least they fixed the broken 360's for free. They even pay for overnight shipping both ways. Sony charges a hefty fee to fix PS3's that get the YLOD, which was quite prevalent, as well...

never had a ps3 break on me all these years, had multiple xbox's RROD on me and multiple people i know... try again. Microsoft hardware console engineers cant touch Sony's expertise in the field for over 2 decades
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Shielder7
[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] superclocked's a silly lemrat who never provides facts and just tries to piss people off

Doesn't that description cover most lemmings?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] superclocked's a silly lemrat who never provides facts and just tries to piss people off Shielder7
Doesn't that description cover most lemmings?

bigger, thicker, heavier Xbox one with no PSU inside and weaker hardware inside= poor cooling design, or Microsoft engineers are dumb enough and try to throw brute force cooling at the hardware while on the other hand Sony engineers calculate every single aspect into play and designed a elegant, thin, very powerful, slim console with the PSU inside.

Sony engineers make M$oft engineers look like childs play 

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 superclocked
[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] Microsoft isnt too good at designing hardware, see RROD history on Xbox 360

superclocked's a silly lemrat who never provides facts and just tries to piss people off

You think that I'm a Lemming, eh? Here's my gaming system.. My $200 GPU is more powerful than the PS4 and XBox One COMBINED :P nra2.jpg
TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 TrooperManaic

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="superclocked"]It was only the early model 360's that had problems. At least they fixed the broken 360's for free. They even pay for overnight shipping both ways. Sony charges a hefty fee to fix PS3's that get the YLOD, which was quite prevalent, as well...superclocked
superclocked's a silly lemrat who never provides facts and just tries to piss people off

You think that I'm a Lemming, eh? Here's my gaming system.. My $200 GPU is more powerful than the PS4 and XBox One COMBINED :P nra2.jpg

Whats up with that ridicules looking radiator.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="superclocked"]It was only the early model 360's that had problems. At least they fixed the broken 360's for free. They even pay for overnight shipping both ways. Sony charges a hefty fee to fix PS3's that get the YLOD, which was quite prevalent, as well...superclocked

he is clueless, everyone knows you are a hermit, but i guess you cant say anything good about the xbox one because sony fans are very insecure.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

id love for microsoft to come out with a 900mhz clock, the build is condusive for it.   dat 120mm fan

Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Kaz_Son
Member since 2013 • 1389 Posts
Joke thread?
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

X1 building materials:

shelf+1.jpg

China_Zinc_corrugated_Roofing_Sheets_zin

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 superclocked

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] superclocked's a silly lemrat who never provides facts and just tries to piss people off XBOunity

he is clueless, everyone knows you are a hermit, but i guess you cant say anything good about the xbox one because sony fans are very insecure.

Well, technically I'm a Manticore, but I've always preferred PC gaming over consoles and handhelds...
Avatar image for CallOfDutyRulez
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 CallOfDutyRulez
Member since 2013 • 1602 Posts

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

xboxiphoneps3

subpar cooling design and terrible x clamp design 

its blantatly obvious Sony hardware designers and engineers are much better, they managed to pack in more power in the PS4, along with the PSU inside the console and is it thinner, lighter, slimmer then the Xbone and about the same size as PS3 slim while xbone looks like a big VCR

No. It's that Microsoft and SONY were concentrating on two different things when they were designing their console. SONY got lucky with the higher density GDDR5 modules, which meant that they didn't need to include a ginormous eSRAM to boost their memory bandwidth.

Most of Microsoft R&D probably went into configuring their APU + eSRAM architecture. If SONY had the same vision microsoft had, they too would be facing the bad manufacuring yield issues.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="superclocked"]You think that I'm a Lemming, eh? Here's my gaming system.. My $200 GPU is more powerful than the PS4 and XBox One COMBINED :P nra2.jpgsuperclocked

Well, technically I'm a Manticore, but I've always preferred PC gaming over consoles and handhelds...

every time you upset cows you will be labeled as a lemming...that's called butthurt :cool:.BTW awesome custom made fans setup :D

Ne-Plus-Ultra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Ne-Plus-Ultra
Member since 2012 • 281 Posts

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="superclocked"]No, it's a perfectly valid point. It's hypocritical of cows to hate on Microsoft because of the first version 360 that used subpar solder when Sony has a long history of problems with their hardware. No company is perfect...superclocked

I agree, it would've been nice if Sony replaced YLOD consoles for free, the only reason I think they never had to is because they only had a 10.6% failure rate compared to MS's 54.2% failure rate. From what I remember I thought MS was doing nothing about the RROD problems until class action lawsuits started popping up everywhere, at that point I'm not sure if MS was forced by court order or they decided to start fixing them before the courts made them but with a failure rate of 54.2% they would've had a lot of problems to deal with if they didn't fix them which ultimately could've led to a recall of all 360's.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/2009/08/19/survey-xbox-360-failure-rate-is-54-2/

http://venturebeat.com/2008/10/16/microsoft-sued-for-allegedly-covering-up-xbox-360-defects/

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#225 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

They both look like they have a plastic case.  Beyond that, I'm not sure what exactly you are seeing.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The Xbox One has bigger case, fan! I don't trust AMD since they made the GPU in the 360 that overheated so I say good luck to the gamers that are buying the PS4 at launch. The X1 should be ok since it has bigger case, still I don't buy launch consoles. 

CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 CallOfDutyRulez

The Xbox One has bigger case, fan! I don't trust AMD since they made the GPU in the 360 that overheated so I say good luck to the gamers that are buying the PS4 at launch. 

xhawk27

Bigger case because the ONE has an inferior architectural setup compared to the PS4...

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#228 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Im a playstation fan but this is %100 true tbh

gta50419
lol
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 xhawk27

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

The Xbox One has bigger case, fan! I don't trust AMD since they made the GPU in the 360 that overheated so I say good luck to the gamers that are buying the PS4 at launch. 

CallOfDutyRulez

Bigger case because the ONE has an inferior architectural setup compared to the PS4...

Or maybe they are doing different things. HDMI input, Video switching, Live TV, etc. 

CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 CallOfDutyRulez

[QUOTE="CallOfDutyRulez"]

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

xhawk27

Or maybe they are doing different things. HDMI input, Video switching, Live TV, etc. 

How the hell is video switching and live TV gonna contribute to a larger case? Both of those are software, not hardware features.

The eSRAM alone accounts for 40% of the total transistor count of the xbox ONE. It's also reported to have bad yields and it overheats. So in the end, microsoft got a weaker console that exerts more heat and probably costs more to make.

The PS4 architecture is superior.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#231 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

The XBOX ONE looks to be made much more robust and durable than the PS4. It weighs more, looks more stout, and seems to have better cooling as well.

The XBOX ONE is higher priced than the PS4 for a reason ---> It's better made with higher build quality!

The PS4 looks flimsy in comparison.

Who agrees?

Baurus_1

Cool story bruh bruh.

But no. 

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 xhawk27

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

[QUOTE="CallOfDutyRulez"]

CallOfDutyRulez

How the hell is video switching and live TV gonna contribute to a larger case? Both of those are software, not hardware features.

The eSRAM alone accounts for 40% of the total transistor count of the xbox ONE. It's also reported to have bad yields and it overheats. So in the end, microsoft got a weaker console that exerts more heat and probably costs more to make.

The PS4 architecture is superior.

Have to see when both consoles are out!

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 superclocked

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] Microsoft isnt too good at designing hardware, see RROD history on Xbox 360Ne-Plus-Ultra

I agree, it would've been nice if Sony replaced YLOD consoles for free, the only reason I think they never had to is because they only had a 10.6% failure rate compared to MS's 54.2% failure rate. From what I remember I thought MS was doing nothing about the RROD problems until class action lawsuits started popping up everywhere, at that point I'm not sure if MS was forced by court order or they decided to start fixing them before the courts made them but with a failure rate of 54.2% they would've had a lot of problems to deal with if they didn't fix them which ultimately could've led to a recall of all 360's.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/2009/08/19/survey-xbox-360-failure-rate-is-54-2/

http://venturebeat.com/2008/10/16/microsoft-sued-for-allegedly-covering-up-xbox-360-defects/

This gen, when you buy an XBox One, it's in the purchase agreement that you can never participate in a class action lawsuit against Microsoft.. lol...
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#234 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

The xbox looks so sexy.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts
Wat bout the ps3? Sony have learnt from the ps2
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

CallOfDutyRulez

You need a big case to hide big problems! :P

pcgamingowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 pcgamingowns
Member since 2013 • 1223 Posts

The xbox looks so sexy.

sukraj
sexy like webtv box
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

Yeah, me thinks it's built like the original Xbox, like a tank. :P

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

TC, you really wanna say that an american built machine is better than a japanese built machine? LOOOOL, though I'm pretty much sure xbox's get made in China, still loool

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

every time you upset cows you will be labeled as a lemming...that's called butthurt :cool:.BTW awesome custom made fans setup :D

Tessellation

Is that why you enter every thread about the xbox one,with a huge damage control calling people butthurt,virgin basement dwellers.?:lol:

Is so funny when you try to act like a Hermit,hermits here now you are not one,and cows know it to,you just ran and hide under the PC when the weak xbox specs were leak and you have been since them fighting every one about it,you even told people to wait for Kotaku and SuperDae that they wold actually detail the real specs,and all they did was confirm the same spec leaked.

You were so owned that you did not posted for days,and when you did ignored every one who pointed how wrong you were..:lol: 

Your damage control on the xbox one spec is so high,that you don't even argue here any more,all you do is call people butthurt,virgin basement dwellers,and hide under this :cool: to try to hide your damage control.

You are not a Hermit you are a lemming be proud of what you are..:lol:

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

After the 360 I'd be highly skeptical of the build quality of any Xbox console.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

After the 360 I'd be highly skeptical of the build quality of any Xbox console.

shellcase86
Yea, cant blame you there. :(
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 superclocked

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] superclocked's a silly lemrat who never provides facts and just tries to piss people off TrooperManaic

Whats up with that ridicules looking radiator.

Lol, this is what's up with the "ridiculous looking radiator..." (6 year old Core 2 Duo at 5.25GHz) :P xpc.png
TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 TrooperManaic

I want to know, what cooling system is that? I sit my I5 at 4ghz at 40C, I want to squeeze the extra 1ghz or so out of it. I had it at 5 before and my system felt faster. Gaming performance was better.