XBOX ONE looks like the better made console. Better build quality.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

OP is 100% correct. The Xbox One is far superior to the PoS4 and the Xbox One has better games as well.

xkik.jpg

BlackShirt20

Poor lem... there is a long road of suffering ahead of you...

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

PS4 design looks lame. Looks like it was squashed or flatten by the Xbox One.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

cows still thinking they have the better build?  lol ok good luck

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

onexbox-660x330.jpg

XBOX GPU

CGAX-7772_2.png

Internet

internet-troll-face-explorer-png.39655

CLOUD

cumulus-clouds.jpg

jOvZBYH.jpg

Ne-Plus-Ultra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Ne-Plus-Ultra
Member since 2012 • 281 Posts

onexbox-660x330.jpg

XBOX GPU

CGAX-7772_2.png

Internet

internet-troll-face-explorer-png.39655

CLOUD

cumulus-clouds.jpg

jOvZBYH.jpg

AMD655

Just curious, do you have to use internet explorer with the Xbox? And you don't need to remind me, I know the browser in the PS3 sucks. I hope with the next gen we can all use the browser of our choice, but I'm not holding my breath. Plus I have only probably browsed the web on a console a few times so I guess for it really doesn't matter, but still curious.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#156 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

The PS4 looks better,doesn't look like a damn 80's VHS,and has a power supply build in,not a damn uggly power brick.

xboxiphoneps3

No they look basically the same, only fanboys would argue otherwise. You can of course prefer the PS4's look, but don't try to act like it's dramatically different, or that it is some kind of artistic piece of hardware. The PS4s only real difference from the XBone is that it's tilted back, but it's the same ugly boxy console, only smaller.

Both consoles are butt ugly. Both have the same boxy look, and both have the same stupid matte / shiny combo. Both look like they were designed 30 years ago, not in 2012/13. If the XBone is an 80's VCR then the PS4 is an 80's CD player.   

oh just the fact that not only is the PS4 slimmer, thinner, lighter, and noticeably more powerful then the Xboner, it also has its PSU in the console itself so it wont have a power brick unlike the Xboner

Yeah it's rather stupid that the Xbone is going to have a power brick again. Especially considering it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to put a PSU inside of that oversized case. Still doesn't change the fact that both consoles are still boxy and and look like they were designed in the 80s. 

Really we are talking this

photo_vcr_betamax.jpg

Versus this

1231873641862236.jpg

:?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 deactivated-58e448fd89d82

I prefer the 80's look, sharp and strong looking.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

The butthurt is strong with the cows today!

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
The XBox One definitely has a better cooler for the APU than the PS4...
Avatar image for kingofseattle00
kingofseattle00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 kingofseattle00
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Honestly? The one looks like a VCR player without any personality. It's just black and silver, evoking a heavy industrial feel. Thats okay if i'm looking for a professionally functional product, but this is for my personal entertainment center.

I want something that has a bit more personality than that, that can compliment me more. The slanted look provides a better look from multiple angles, and the blue light compliments the console with a stylish light strip that lets you know its functioning. And because it's for my personal use in my personal space, i'd prefer something a little smaller that takes up less space. As someone who has more space than others, it isn't such a big deal. But for the majority who may or may not, a smaller piece of equipment is just more considerate.

Shensolidus
what are you talking about?
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

yes, we all know microsoft make good hardware

how-to-fix-the-red-ring-of-death.png

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Because PS3 also never had this happen either...

YLOD__88276_zoom.jpg

Bro went through 3 of them, he has my other PC now.

CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts

Because PS3 also never had this happen either...

YLOD__88276_zoom.jpg

Bro went through 3 of them, he has my other PC now.

AMD655
It's supposed to be a led not a projector.
Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts

cows still thinking they have the better build?  lol ok good luck

XBOunity
Lol at the VCR... I mean xbox one.
Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Baurus_1
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts

The XBox One definitely has a better cooler for the APU than the PS4...superclocked

The Xbox One is just better built, period! There's no denying it.

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

We made one sucking console. Xbox One is the One console that sucks.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts
You've never seen the inside of a console, have you? Open up any console and what you'll fine on the inside is...crap. The cheapest of the cheapest possible hardware. Did you mean that you think the cheap plastic on the new xbox looks nicer than the cheap plastic of the ps4?
pcgamingowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 pcgamingowns
Member since 2013 • 1223 Posts

my pc is better built.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

[QUOTE="superclocked"]The XBox One definitely has a better cooler for the APU than the PS4...Baurus_1

bigger case, its pretty hard to think otherwise.   

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

[QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

[QUOTE="superclocked"]The XBox One definitely has a better cooler for the APU than the PS4...XBOunity

Bigger case = more reliable? Wish that was true because i'd just put my gaming PC in a giant cardboard box...
metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts

PS3XboxOneDimensions.png~original
xbox-one-vs-ps4-product-shots-640x353.jp

PS4 looks 100x better, Xbox One looks to have cheap plastic material

Also that blue light on the PS4 looks sexy

Davekeeh
I wouldn't say that the xbox one (aka 80's vcr) looks cheap just that I like the more streamline look of the PS4
Ne-Plus-Ultra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Ne-Plus-Ultra

You've never seen the inside of a console, have you? Open up any console and what you'll fine on the inside is...crap. The cheapest of the cheapest possible hardware. Did you mean that you think the cheap plastic on the new xbox looks nicer than the cheap plastic of the ps4?demi0227_basic

Well what do you think they should be? Do you think they should have $2000 worth of hardware and sell for $400? They are made to give the masses a good gaming experience for an affordable price, which looks like the XBO and the PS4 has pulled off. Personally I like the PS4 and think it is more then adequate for the task at hand. Plus the hardware in all consoles are nowhere near the cheapest of the cheapest hardware possible, also I would like to know what do you think the difference is between cheap plastic and expensive plastic? I'm quessing for some reason you think all PC's only have the rarest most exotic hand picked plastic ever available to man kind?                                                                                                                                                                                                            
                                                                 Submachine Gun

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

"Xbox"

"build quality"

:lol:

The 360 was one of the most unreliable consoles ever made. Scratched my disks for no reason, RROD, almost everyone I know that had a launch 360 had RROD.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 deactivated-58e448fd89d82

[QUOTE="demi0227_basic"]You've never seen the inside of a console, have you? Open up any console and what you'll fine on the inside is...crap. The cheapest of the cheapest possible hardware. Did you mean that you think the cheap plastic on the new xbox looks nicer than the cheap plastic of the ps4?Ne-Plus-Ultra

Well what do you think they should be? Do you think they should have $2000 worth of hardware and sell for $400? They are made to give the masses a good gaming experience for an affordable price, which looks like the XBO and the PS4 has pulled off. Personally I like the PS4 and think it is more then adequate for the task at hand. Plus the hardware in all consoles are nowhere near the cheapest of the cheapest hardware possible, also I would like to know what do you think the difference is between cheap plastic and expensive plastic? I'm quessing for some reason you think all PC's only have the rarest most exotic hand picked plastic ever available to man kind?                                                                                                                                                                                                            
                                                                 Submachine Gun

For the most part, more exotic cases cost a bomb, i should know, i own a Silverstone Raven RVo2-BW, price for this chassis:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163213&Tpk=raven%20rvo2b&IsVirtualParent=1

Ne-Plus-Ultra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Ne-Plus-Ultra

[QUOTE="Ne-Plus-Ultra"]

[QUOTE="demi0227_basic"]You've never seen the inside of a console, have you? Open up any console and what you'll fine on the inside is...crap. The cheapest of the cheapest possible hardware. Did you mean that you think the cheap plastic on the new xbox looks nicer than the cheap plastic of the ps4?AMD655

Submachine Gun

For the most part, more exotic cases cost a bomb, i should know, i own a Silverstone Raven RVo2-BW, price for this chassis:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163213&Tpk=raven%20rvo2b&IsVirtualParent=1

Exactly my point, the outer case is plastic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 deactivated-58e448fd89d82

In my humble opinion, the PS4 has the better style, but i also like the box look of XBOX 1, just my opinion of course :)

Ne-Plus-Ultra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Ne-Plus-Ultra

In my humble opinion, the PS4 has the better style, but i also like the box look of XBOX 1, just my opinion of course :)

AMD655

I agree, they both look just fine, but all that really matters is that they get the job done.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#179 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
[QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

The XBOX ONE looks to be made much more robust and durable than the PS4. It weighs more, looks more stout, and seems to have better cooling as well.

The XBOX ONE is higher priced than the PS4 for a reason ---> It's better made with higher build quality!

The PS4 looks flimsy in comparison.

Who agrees?

I haven't physically seen either systems up close and running, so i can't even agree with your comments. I'd have to play both systems and actually feel them and see them in action before I could say one had better quality. I can say that the new PS3 Slim has cheap quality compared to the older PS3 Slim. The XBox 360 Slim is built very nice as well.
handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="Baurus_1"] I haven't physically seen either systems up close and running, so i can't even agree with your comments. I'd have to play both systems and actually feel them and see them in action before I could say one had better quality. I can say that the new PS3 Slim has cheap quality compared to the older PS3 Slim. The XBox 360 Slim is built very nice as well.

[QUOTE="blackace"][QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

The XBOX ONE looks to be made much more robust and durable than the PS4. It weighs more, looks more stout, and seems to have better cooling as well.

The XBOX ONE is higher priced than the PS4 for a reason ---> It's better made with higher build quality!

Who agrees?

I haven't physically seen either systems up close and running, so i can't even agree with your comments. I'd have to play both systems and actually feel them and see them in action before I could say one had better quality. I can say that the new PS3 Slim has cheap quality compared to the older PS3 Slim. The XBox 360 Slim is built very nice as well.

that's cause its not really any more slim than the last model.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#181 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
PS4 looks like the better made console.
BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

hoosier7

Bigger case = more reliable? Wish that was true because i'd just put my gaming PC in a giant cardboard box...

bigger cases = better cooling. There is a reason hermits use giant full size tower cases instead of small HTPC cases... and why high end after market cpu coolers are massive in comparison to the stock cooling.

that said bigger case = better cooling isnt a given, as the engineering of heat management plays a role. But the xbox one does seem to house a pretty monstrous fan and i would be surprised if the PS4 had better cooling.

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 ManatuBeard

[QUOTE="hoosier7"][QUOTE="XBOunity"]

BeardMaster

bigger cases = better cooling. There is a reason hermits use giant full size tower cases instead of small HTPC cases... and why high end after market cpu coolers are massive in comparison to the stock cooling.

that said bigger case = better cooling isnt a given, as the engineering of heat management plays a role. But the xbox one does seem to house a pretty monstrous fan and i would be surprised if the PS4 had better cooling.

PS4 has internal PSU, it would only be possible with a good cooling system.

Its basically, large slow vertical fan (X1) VS small fast multiple horizontal fans (PS4)

When it comes to hardware, i trust Sony more, they have been manufacturing high quality and mid quality hardware for much longer than MS.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

[QUOTE="BeardMaster"]

[QUOTE="hoosier7"] Bigger case = more reliable? Wish that was true because i'd just put my gaming PC in a giant cardboard box...ManatuBeard

Its basically, large slow vertical fan (X1) VS small fast multiple horizontal fans (PS4)

When it comes to hardware, i trust Sony more, they have been manufacturing high quality and mid quality hardware for much longer than MS.

I agree, it's not like Sony has done a bad job in the past when it comes to cooling. Though the first PS3 fat did get very hot with some games.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 superclocked

[QUOTE="BeardMaster"]

[QUOTE="hoosier7"] Bigger case = more reliable? Wish that was true because i'd just put my gaming PC in a giant cardboard box...ManatuBeard

Sony has a high rate of hardware problems. Their high definition LCD's have always had issues, and games are barely playable on the new Playstation3 Super Slim console... Also, the Playstation consoles use laptop type coolers.. BB3LuTDrun5XJMSG.medium The XBox One uses a large desktop type cooler... 19zh.jpg
Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="BeardMaster"]

superclocked

Sony has a high rate of hardware problems. Their high definition LCD's have always had issues, and games are barely playable on the new Playstation3 Super Slim console... Also, the Playstation consoles use laptop type coolers.. BB3LuTDrun5XJMSG.medium The XBox One uses a large desktop type cooler... 19zh.jpg

I think you need to look up the phrase high rate. When it's come to hardware this gen, you can't argue Sony's been a lot better.
demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts
I don't think heat should be an issue for either console. These little apu's don't create a large amount of heat like the first 360s and ps3s did. Between die shrinks and cpu/gpu being on the same die, cooling should be much easier for the engineers than on previous consoles.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

PS4 reminds me a bit of the PS2. Aesthetics-wise of course.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 superclocked
[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

hoosier7

I think you need to look up the phrase high rate. When it's come to hardware this gen, you can't argue Sony's been a lot better.

And I think that you need to look at what I was responding to :P
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 ManatuBeard

[QUOTE="hoosier7"][QUOTE="superclocked"]Sony has a high rate of hardware problems. Their high definition LCD's have always had issues, and games are barely playable on the new Playstation3 Super Slim console... Also, the Playstation consoles use laptop type coolers.. BB3LuTDrun5XJMSG.medium The XBox One uses a large desktop type cooler... 19zh.jpgsuperclocked

I dont think that glueing a desk fan to a dissipator is really a high tech solution... but since that eSRAM will heat nearly to meltdown point, might have been the only solution they found... (which forced them to have an external power brick).

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts
[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

The PS4 looks better,doesn't look like a damn 80's VHS,and has a power supply build in,not a damn uggly power brick.

xboxiphoneps3

No they look basically the same, only fanboys would argue otherwise. You can of course prefer the PS4's look, but don't try to act like it's dramatically different, or that it is some kind of artistic piece of hardware. The PS4s only real difference from the XBone is that it's tilted back, but it's the same ugly boxy console, only smaller.

Both consoles are butt ugly. Both have the same boxy look, and both have the same stupid matte / shiny combo. Both look like they were designed 30 years ago, not in 2012/13. If the XBone is an 80's VCR then the PS4 is an 80's CD player.   

oh just the fact that not only is the PS4 slimmer, thinner, lighter, and noticeably more powerful then the Xboner, it also has its PSU in the console itself so it wont have a power brick unlike the Xboner

Xboner. Oh, my sides.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 superclocked

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="hoosier7"] I think you need to look up the phrase high rate. When it's come to hardware this gen, you can't argue Sony's been a lot better.ManatuBeard

I dont think that glueing a desk fan to a dissipator is really a high tech solution... but since that eSRAM will heat nearly to meltdown point, might have been the only solution they found... (which forced them to have an external power brick).

8 years ago, there was a rumor running rampant on these forums that the 360 power brick would get hot enough to burn down houses. Hell, I even heard the same thing at Best Buy. In reality, it doesn't even get warm. This is just Sony propaganda that the cows are falling for once again...
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#193 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts
[QUOTE="Ribnarak"]

[QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

The XBOX ONE looks to be made much more robust and durable than the PS4. It weighs more, looksmore stout, and seems to have better cooling as well.

The XBOX ONE is higher priced than the PS4 for a reason ---> It's better made!

Who agrees?

nice to know youve seen the ps4** upclose, used it, felt the material , etc. go blog it. 

The thread should have ended right here.
Ne-Plus-Ultra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Ne-Plus-Ultra

First off this is what you said.

You've never seen the inside of a console, have you? Open up any console and what you'll fine on the inside is...crap. The cheapest of the cheapest possible hardware. Did you mean that you think the cheap plastic on the new xbox looks nicer than the cheap plastic of the ps4?demi0227_basic
Then I said.

Well what do you think they should be? Do you think they should have $2000 worth of hardware and sell for $400? They are made to give the masses a good gaming experience for an affordable price, which looks like the XBO and the PS4 has pulled off. Personally I like the PS4 and think it is more then adequate for the task at hand. Plus the hardware in all consoles are nowhere near the cheapest of the cheapest hardware possible, also I would like to know what do you think the difference is between cheap plastic and expensive plastic? I'm guessing for some reason you think all PC's only have the rarest most exotic hand picked plastic ever available to man kind?

Then you replyed with this.

To the replier of my post, you are a moron. My point is that BOTH consoles will not have high quality components. Now, when you decide to your'self that quality=specs, that's what makes you are moron. Let me give you an example...let's use PSUs. Here are 2 1200w psus... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152045 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139039 Odds are you won't bother to look at both items, but I can tell you the biggest difference. Quality. Quality wiring, quality capacitors, quality etc. PCBs can be of lesser or greater quality depending on thickness, materials used, etc. So, see? Quality does NOT equal differing components (650 vs Titan) but rather the QUALITY of the individual pieces making up that particular component. Do I think a console should have 2k worth of equipment in it? Well, I won't address that as its such a stupid question, as shown just barely (you don't understand the difference between build quality and differing components, but hopefully you do now). So, AGAIN, the BUILD QUALITY OF ALL CONSOLES WILL ALWAYS BE VERY LOW END. As in, CHEAPLY BUILT. Sure...perhaps they should be. That doesn't change the fact they are CHEAPLY BUILT AND USE LOW QUALITY COMPONENTS. As far as plastics go, YES, there are INDEED DIFFERENT PLASTICS. Some are more durable, some more attractive. I know...it's crazy there are more than one type of plastic, and hate to blow your' mind on that one, but I want you to learn. Now you know...there are some plastics that are better than others. As far as your' last question, why would I think all pc's have the best plastic ever? That's RETARDED and shows you may have a disability. Perhaps I should take it easy on you. Another lesson...PC'S HAVE DIFFERENT CASES. I know...crazy again, but there you go. Also, many pc's use METALS for their casing. I have a Fortress 2 case, and a Cosmos 2. The Fortress is aluminum and steel, the Cosmos a mix of steel, aluminum, and plastic. There you are with an example of how there are different computer cases. I hope you learned something from this reply, and good luck to you.demi0227_basic

First off, do you even have the faintest idea what you are replying to? You stated that consoles have the cheapest of the cheapest hardware and well they don't, but now you changed that in your reply to low end which is different then the cheapest of the cheapest, then you want to compare two 1200w PSU's to a consoles 360w PSU and you're calling me the moron. If you really want to look at the quality of the components then since it is all custom made you would first have to look at it piece by piece, now I really don't want to spend hours looking through my Digi-Key and Mouser catalogs just to school you so I'm just going to give you one example on how it is not the cheapest of the cheapest. Right now I am looking at a motherboard from a 2007 60 GB PS3 and one of the components is a capacitor like this http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/EEE-FK1C151XP/PCE3784CT-ND/766160 now Sony could of used a cheaper capacitor like this http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/UPW1C151MED/493-1781-ND/589522 even though they would of worked just as well, this completely ruins your cheapest of the cheapest theory. Now you're right there are different types of plastic, I should know because I have some plastic molding machines in my machine shop and the same type of plastic is used for the vast majority of consoles and PC's so I don't know why you think that consoles use "cheap" plastic (maybe because you're obviously a moron.) Now obviously I was being condescending to a degree and lightly joking when I made the assumption that you thought all PC's were made out of some exotic plastic but I guess you really think that PC plastic is better since you think console plastic is "cheap" and once again you are calling me the moron, then you bring up aluminum and steel, once again comparing apples to oranges, I guess you have to do something to try to make yourself feel superior. Don't feel bad though it'll be alright, just chug a couple Mountain Dew's have some beef jerky and some candy bars then look over at that picture of your pretend hot wife and go do some more dreaming on Newegg then get back to WOW and let your mommy do the real thinking. By the way, before you go on a pointless rant you should realize that many of the gamers on here aren't fifteen year old immature fanboys and many of them are professionals that have had many many years of experience in their fields, I would mention my past but since this is a forum it would just come off as BS anyways. I'm just pointing this out because you obviously have insecurities and need to inflate your ego to make yourself feel better, so in the future you should make statements that can be easily argued, this way you can keep your confidence up without getting angry and going on pointless rants with misspelled words, all caps sentences and name calling (which is a sign of frustration and insecurity) while trying to defend a stupid post you made, plus it would also help if you tried to get a better grasp on the English language and work on your reading comprehension, just saying, I hope you get some help.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

[QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

[QUOTE="BeardMaster"]

superclocked

Sony has a high rate of hardware problems. Their high definition LCD's have always had issues, and games are barely playable on the new Playstation3 Super Slim console... Also, the Playstation consoles use laptop type coolers..XBox One uses a large desktop type cooler...

Whoa, Sony has a high rate of hardware problems? I have owned two PS3s, Both of which still work flawlessly. Maybe you mistaked it for the RROD360, also you obviously don't own a PS3 super slim. I can game on it all day in the summer heat and there is absolutely no problems. You obviously are getting paid to say this.

Lastly, it wasn't my first choice but by some miracle I now own a old  40" Sony flat screen LCD and my god, it looks better then allot of LED TV's and I should know, I sold them for years in a store that made me learn every little bit about them. Say what you want about Sony, they know how to make good long lasting hardware that is dependable. Unlike my 6th xbox that broke the day after I bought it, ya know this one

10817167-1370891944-555774.jpg

I have to say at least Microsoft replaced at least 2 of them in general which took weeks to send through the mail.

Lastly, Sony's fan is like that because it doesn't attract dust on the hardware pieces themselves, its much easier to clean a PS3 then an Xbox 360. Their heat sink also isn't that bad in terms of cooling as I hardly feel any heat drawn from my PS3 unlike my 360 which randomly shuts down if I don't have my air conditioner on. Also before you give me a rude comment, I have built more PC's then you could possibly imagine, don't think you can lecture me on heat sinks.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 superclocked

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="ManatuBeard"]

TrooperManaic

Sony has a high rate of hardware problems. Their high definition LCD's have always had issues, and games are barely playable on the new Playstation3 Super Slim console... Also, the Playstation consoles use laptop type coolers..XBox One uses a large desktop type cooler...

Whoa, Sony has a high rate of hardware problems? I have owned two PS3s, Both of which still work flawlessly. Maybe you mistaked it for the RROD360, also you obviously don't own a PS3 super slim. I can game on it all day in the summer heat and there is absolutely no problems. You obviously are getting paid to say this.

Lastly, it wasn't my first choice but by some miracle I now own a old  40" Sony flat screen LCD and my god, it looks better then allot of LED TV's and I should know, I sold them for years in a store that made me learn every little bit about them. Say what you want about Sony, they know how to make good long lasting hardware that is dependable. Unlike my 6th xbox that broke the day after I bought it, ya know this one

I have to say at least Microsoft replaced at least 2 of them in general which took weeks to send through the mail.

Lastly, Sony's fan is like that because it doesn't attract dust on the hardware pieces themselves, its much easier to clean a PS3 then an Xbox 360. Their heat sink also isn't that bad in terms of cooling as I hardly feel any heat drawn from my PS3 unlike my 360 which randomly shuts down if I don't have my air conditioner on. Also before you give me a rude comment, I have built more PC's then you could possibly imagine, don't think you can lecture me on heat sinks.

Search for "Sony LCD tv backlight" on Google. Or here, let me do it for you.. Sony lcd tv backlight - All that you'll see are people having problems with their Sony HDTV's. And I already posted a link that showed that people are having framerate and stutter problems with their PS3 super slims. And atleast Microsoft replaced the broken 360's free of charge. They even pay for overnight shipping.. I'm definitely getting a PS4, and I like Sony, but they have had their share of hardware problems, too. That's all that I was trying to point out. But you're defending Sony like YOU'RE the one getting paid. Saying that you went through 6 XBox 360's? Lol, give me a break...
GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#198 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts

I disagree. I don't know how you can tell by just looking at it.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
[QUOTE="TrooperManaic"]

[QUOTE="superclocked"]Sony has a high rate of hardware problems. Their high definition LCD's have always had issues, and games are barely playable on the new Playstation3 Super Slim console... Also, the Playstation consoles use laptop type coolers..XBox One uses a large desktop type cooler... superclocked

Search for "Sony LCD tv backlight" on Google. Or here, let me do it for you.. Sony lcd tv backlight - All that you'll see are people having problems with their Sony HDTV's. And I already posted a link that showed that people are having framerate and stutter problems with their PS3 super slims. And atleast Microsoft replaced the broken 360's free of charge. They even pay for overnight shipping.. I'm definitely getting a PS4, and I like Sony, but they have had their share of hardware problems, too. That's all that I was trying to point out. But you're defending Sony like YOU'RE the one getting paid. Saying that you went through 6 XBox 360's? Lol, give me a break...

what do lcd's have to do with ps3?
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 superclocked
[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="TrooperManaic"] Whoa, Sony has a high rate of hardware problems? I have owned two PS3s, Both of which still work flawlessly. Maybe you mistaked it for the RROD360, also you obviously don't own a PS3 super slim. I can game on it all day in the summer heat and there is absolutely no problems. You obviously are getting paid to say this.

stereointegrity

what do lcd's have to do with ps3?

Absolutely nothing. I was just pointing out that Sony doesn't have a perfect track record when it comes to hardware, either...