XBOX ONE looks like the better made console. Better build quality.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts
If anyone thinks that the Xbox One or the PS4 are nice looking consoles I really think they need to go to Specsavers!
bodde1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 bodde1972
Member since 2013 • 117 Posts

laughter.gif

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#103 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
build quality? seen inside? i wouldn't be shocked if the consoles sony/MS showed of was just the casing
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Better privacy spying it also seems thanks to microsoft.

Skype, which was bought by Microsoft in October 2011, worked with intelligence agencies last year to allow Prism to collect video of conversations as well as audio. Material collected through Prism is routinely shared with the FBI and CIA, with one NSA document describing the program as a "team sport"."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jul/11/microsoft-nsa-collaboration-user-data

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#105 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

build quality? seen inside? i wouldn't be shocked if the consoles sony/MS showed of was just the casingk2theswiss

You can see the inside of the Xbox One online man http://www.redgamingtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/xbox-one-inside-the-console.jpg

I posted before explaining why I personally prefer the Xbox design, I just think it will prove to be quieter and cooler.

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#106 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Nice blog post. 

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

The XBOX ONE looks to be made much more robust and durable than the PS4. It weighs more, looks more stout, and seems to have better cooling as well.

The XBOX ONE is higher priced than the PS4 for a reason ---> It's better made with higher build quality!

The PS4 looks flimsy in comparison.

Who agrees?

Baurus_1
What does the weight have to do with it? Just because the x1 looks to be heavier that means its of better quality (at least in your eyes)?
argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

The XBOX ONE looks to be made much more robust and durable than the PS4. It weighs more, looks more stout, and seems to have better cooling as well.

The XBOX ONE is higher priced than the PS4 for a reason ---> It's better made with higher build quality!

Who agrees?

Baurus_1

Xbox One looks like one of the shittiest hardware designs I ever seen in a custom built device. So much wasted space. You can tell it was a rush job.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Who agrees?

Baurus_1

Dude, what are you talking about? This sounds to me like you are just desperate to justify the higher price, told yourself it must be because of better build quality, then continued working backwards from there.

Just because the X1 looks like a brick, doesn't mean it is built like one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

If anyone thinks that the Xbox One or the PS4 are nice looking consoles I really think they need to go to Specsavers!Duckyindiana

People have been calling consoles they don't like "ugly" since the PS1 days. I've never found any console ugly with the exception of the original Xbox and that was just because I found the design to be uninteresting, not because it was literally ugly to look at.

This is the first gen where I looked at the consoles and though, "Really? That's what you came up with?" PS4 and X1 both seem pretty ugly to me.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

[QUOTE="ojugyujxsygrh"][QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

The Xbox One will have better cooling, or i'd assume so. The PS4 uses all parts that run hotter than the One, yet it is smaller and slimmer, not allowing for a fan like this:

http://www.redgamingtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/xbox-one-inside-the-console.jpg

thats one big fan and heatsink, gigantic in fact. The one will have no heat issues, it seems that was their main concern for design.

Crypt_mx

Just because the ps4 is smaller doesnt mean it will have poor cooling though. It is pretty apparent that sony is doing the "Efficiency" approach. MS is doing the "Big fan and lots o' space" approach.

Well I guess we'll have to wait and see which approach is better. How efficient will the PS4 be? Have you seen the inside? Do you know what the core temps and noise are going to be like? No, so until then we have no idea what approach they are taking. All im saying is the Xbox is designed like I would design a PC im building. Lots of room for air to move around, and a large cooler to spit the air out. Sony has hotter parts that are all closer together and will be cooled by multiple small fans(or im assuming so because there isnt much room). That isnt to say the PS4 will red ring you, but ill bet money that it is louder and hotter than the "silent" (thats what ms said) and cooler running Xbox One. This is assumption and opinion, I would design a console more like the One.

ps4 has nothing that runs hotter.....gddr5 runs cooler then ddr3
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
amazing how TC rustled the cows jimmies so easy :cool: 10/10.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#113 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

They're both pretty fricken ugly for consoles designed in the 2012/13 time frame.

Oh by the way...lol at the Sony fanboys trying to act like the PS4 is somehow an artistically designed console. It looks the same, but tilted a little, and a bit smaller...otherwise they look basically the same. Both boxy, both two tone matte, and shiny, and most importantly both fugly.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]build quality? seen inside? i wouldn't be shocked if the consoles sony/MS showed of was just the casingCrypt_mx

You can see the inside of the Xbox One online man http://www.redgamingtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/xbox-one-inside-the-console.jpg

I posted before explaining why I personally prefer the Xbox design, I just think it will prove to be quieter and cooler.

Something is running hot in there,to have that huge ass fan,is even bigger than the Blu-ray drive.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

They're both pretty fricken ugly for consoles designed in the 2012/13 time frame.

Oh by the way...lol at the Sony fanboys trying to act like the PS4 is somehow an artistically designed console. It looks the same, but tilted a little, and a bit smaller...otherwise they look basically the same. Both boxy, both two tone matte, and shiny, and most importantly both fugly.

coasterguy65

The PS4 looks better,doesn't look like a damn 80's VHS,and has a power supply build in,not a damn uggly power brick.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

coasterguy65
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

games_xbox_27026395.jpg

Looks like two random parts put together, ugly as hell
And that pizza grill on the top looks stupid

Davekeeh
The "grill" looks to be ventilation holes.
Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

[QUOTE="ojugyujxsygrh"] Just because the ps4 is smaller doesnt mean it will have poor cooling though. It is pretty apparent that sony is doing the "Efficiency" approach. MS is doing the "Big fan and lots o' space" approach.stereointegrity

Well I guess we'll have to wait and see which approach is better. How efficient will the PS4 be? Have you seen the inside? Do you know what the core temps and noise are going to be like? No, so until then we have no idea what approach they are taking. All im saying is the Xbox is designed like I would design a PC im building. Lots of room for air to move around, and a large cooler to spit the air out. Sony has hotter parts that are all closer together and will be cooled by multiple small fans(or im assuming so because there isnt much room). That isnt to say the PS4 will red ring you, but ill bet money that it is louder and hotter than the "silent" (thats what ms said) and cooler running Xbox One. This is assumption and opinion, I would design a console more like the One.

Source for where gddr5 runs cooler?

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

Crypt_mx

GDDR5 actually does run cooler, it is lower voltage memory, just like DDR3 vs DDR2.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

Crypt_mx

not my words "DDR3 runs at a higher voltage that GDDR5 (typically 1.25-1.65V versus ~1V)"
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

games_xbox_27026395.jpg

Let's throw a burger and some hot dogs up on that thing!

XBOX ONE Accessory kit!

02096P-Grill-Kit-Large.jpg

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

just like that 360 quality eh.

CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts

games_xbox_27026395.jpg

XBOX ONE Accessory kit!

Netherscourge
It's more advanced than that. Touchless steve on the left side, will need an easy to clean grease remover for the best of eggs.
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
MS has a terrible track record with hardware.
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#126 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Putting the grill on the top is a bad idea... people will place their game boxes on there and choke off the heat vents...

I hope that's just a design grill and not an actual vent - otherwise, it'll get HOT.

Not to mention general laws of gravity and dust...

Microsoft can't be that stupid. Not again (cough RROD cough)

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Who agrees?

Baurus_1
No, it costs more because it comes with a kinect that no one wants. It's bigger because they don't know how to design a console that's lighter and cooler.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

i agree, im loving the heatsink and huge 120 mm fan, i dont think we will have overheating this gen for sure from microsoft, looks like they learned there lesson, and i love the look of it, love the glowing xbox light

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

[QUOTE="Baurus_1"]

Who agrees?

Gaming-Planet

No, it costs more because it comes with a kinect that no one wants. It's bigger because they don't know how to design a console that's lighter and cooler.

i want the futuristic Kinect

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#130 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

I don't care about what looks more durable, I only care about which name comes first in the alphabet. P comes before X, FACT.

Teufelhuhn
Tell that to Gamespot... they seem to think X comes before P, just look up in the menu bar and you can see which console this site favors.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#131 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

i completely agree, the ps4 seems like a cheap block of plastic in terms of both exterior design and power specs. i don't think sony is taking their fans very seriously at all. :(

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

I don't care about what looks more durable, I only care about which name comes first in the alphabet. P comes before X, FACT.

Midnightshade29
Tell that to Gamespot... they seem to think X comes before P, just look up in the menu bar and you can see which console this site favors.

Cows get really sensitive even for the most pointless shit :lol:
Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

games_xbox_27026395.jpg

XBOX ONE Accessory kit!

Netherscourge
grillbox confirm. At least is useful for something. Maybe can fill kinect up with mustard and ketchups, to dispense on foods.
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

games_xbox_27026395.jpg

XBOX ONE Accessory kit!

CJ_ofCamelot

It's more advanced than that. Touchless steve on the left side, will need an easy to clean grease remover for the best of eggs.

:lol:

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

So didn't the PS3 look like a grill! :lol: Second there is now power brick, like the PS4 the Xbox One has built-in power supply. 

Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts

So didn't the PS3 look like a grill! :lol: Second there is now power brick, like the PS4 the Xbox One has built-in power supply. 

xhawk27
Actually, the Xbox One still has a power brick.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 xhawk27

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

Shensolidus

You got proof of that? I heard it's built-in like on the PS4. I find it hard to believe that the big case the Xbox one has to use a power brick but the tiny PS4 case doesn't. :?

Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Shensolidus

[QUOTE="Shensolidus"][QUOTE="xhawk27"]

xhawk27

You got proof of that? I heard it's built-in like on the PS4. 

Well, i'm a developer who works with one for one. But if you need to see it, here it is: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.imgur.com/dDGBpTj.png&imgrefurl=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t%3D560781&h=513&w=983&sz=418&tbnid=WNp1W8wNConqBM:&tbnh=63&tbnw=120&zoom=1&usg=__UlLPqlN-qEaiwLffvbxGUUbu9E4=&docid=FCAylkE4l_rxdM&sa=X&ei=Y5jfUeGYAqmriQKi4YDIAQ&ved=0CEcQ9QEwAg&dur=728
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 xhawk27

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

[QUOTE="Shensolidus"] Actually, the Xbox One still has a power brick.Shensolidus

Well, i'm a developer who works with one for one. But if you need to see it, here it is: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.imgur.com/dDGBpTj.png&imgrefurl=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t%3D560781&h=513&w=983&sz=418&tbnid=WNp1W8wNConqBM:&tbnh=63&tbnw=120&zoom=1&usg=__UlLPqlN-qEaiwLffvbxGUUbu9E4=&docid=FCAylkE4l_rxdM&sa=X&ei=Y5jfUeGYAqmriQKi4YDIAQ&ved=0CEcQ9QEwAg&dur=728

A dev unit is not the final hardware. 

Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Shensolidus

xhawk27

You really want to believe it doesn't have one don't you? You're talking to someone who works with it daily. Those "dev units" are exactly what the console looks like, and the internal die is the same. There is literally no difference between the consoles you see in those pictures and the ones you'll be buying in November. If you really believe it doesn't include it, i'd be willing to wager an easy million bucks. Easiest million I will have ever made.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 xhawk27

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

[QUOTE="Shensolidus"] Well, i'm a developer who works with one for one. But if you need to see it, here it is: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.imgur.com/dDGBpTj.png&imgrefurl=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t%3D560781&h=513&w=983&sz=418&tbnid=WNp1W8wNConqBM:&tbnh=63&tbnw=120&zoom=1&usg=__UlLPqlN-qEaiwLffvbxGUUbu9E4=&docid=FCAylkE4l_rxdM&sa=X&ei=Y5jfUeGYAqmriQKi4YDIAQ&ved=0CEcQ9QEwAg&dur=728Shensolidus

You really want to believe it doesn't have one don't you? You're talking to someone who works with it daily. Those "dev units" are exactly what the console looks like, and the internal die is the same. There is literally no difference between the consoles you see in those pictures and the ones you'll be buying in November. If you really believe it doesn't include it, i'd be willing to wager an easy million bucks. Easiest million I will have ever made.

I didn't click on the link until now. Hahaha that is your proof. That could be anything like maybe the housing for the power-supply. You got any real proof? My friend who knows somebody that works at MS has said that the final hardware that the power-supply is inside the console. If you want to lose a million dollars make the bet. 

Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Shensolidus

xhawk27

I didn't click on the link until now. Hahaha that is your proof. That could be anything like maybe the housing for the power-supply. You got any real proof? My friend who knows somebody that works at MS has said that the final hardware that the power-supply is inside the console. If you want to lose a million dollars make the bet. 

I literally have to prove nothing. I KNOW it has an external power supply. I just grabbed it. I can't wait to see what you do when you buy yours and see it does. And also to see you sign a check to me ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

More X1 news here guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaY7VTftPdY

CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts
GS needs to fix its lightyear timestamps every second is suppose to counts!!
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts

Who agrees?

Baurus_1
It's more expensive because Microsoft forces you to buy the kinect with every console. otherwise it would likely be cheaper because every component is a weaker version then that seen in the PS4. Also why do you think it's got better build quality...Microsoft is a software company mainly, not a hardware company like Sony which have experience in making high-end electronics for years and years...Does RROD remind you of anything over 50% failure rate...That doesn't sound like a company that knows anything about build quality to me.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#146 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

tormentos

The PS4 looks better,doesn't look like a damn 80's VHS,and has a power supply build in,not a damn uggly power brick.

No they look basically the same, only fanboys would argue otherwise. You can of course prefer the PS4's look, but don't try to act like it's dramatically different, or that it is some kind of artistic piece of hardware. The PS4s only real difference from the XBone is that it's tilted back, but it's the same ugly boxy console, only smaller.

Both consoles are butt ugly. Both have the same boxy look, and both have the same stupid matte / shiny combo. Both look like they were designed 30 years ago, not in 2012/13. If the XBone is an 80's VCR then the PS4 is an 80's CD player.   

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

[QUOTE="tormentos"]

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

coasterguy65

No they look basically the same, only fanboys would argue otherwise. You can of course prefer the PS4's look, but don't try to act like it's dramatically different, or that it is some kind of artistic piece of hardware. The PS4s only real difference from the XBone is that it's tilted back, but it's the same ugly boxy console, only smaller.

Both consoles are butt ugly. Both have the same boxy look, and both have the same stupid matte / shiny combo. Both look like they were designed 30 years ago, not in 2012/13. If the XBone is an 80's VCR then the PS4 is an 80's CD player.   

oh just the fact that not only is the PS4 slimmer, thinner, lighter, and noticeably more powerful then the Xboner, it also has its PSU in the console itself so it wont have a power brick unlike the Xboner
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 xhawk27

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

[QUOTE="Shensolidus"] You really want to believe it doesn't have one don't you? You're talking to someone who works with it daily. Those "dev units" are exactly what the console looks like, and the internal die is the same. There is literally no difference between the consoles you see in those pictures and the ones you'll be buying in November. If you really believe it doesn't include it, i'd be willing to wager an easy million bucks. Easiest million I will have ever made.Shensolidus

I literally have to prove nothing. I KNOW it has an external power supply. I just grabbed it. I can't wait to see what you do when you buy yours and see it does. And also to see you sign a check to me ;)

Ok I made that part up about my friend knows somebody at MS. Still that could be an early protype or maybe that is for the Kinect. MS should be ashamed of themselves if Sony can put in the powersupply in the smaller case in the PS4 but in the huge case MS can't. Is the Power Brick smaller than on the 360 because from the picture it looks like it. Also I am not buying one at launch so I don't care and I am not betting. ;)

muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

In the event of a nuclear war the Xbox does look like it will take the blast better.

That is not a good enough reason for a $100 price diffrence though.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

OP is 100% correct. The Xbox One is far superior to the PoS4 and the Xbox One has better games as well.

xkik.jpg