X1 & PS4 are fail......

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

I certainly did hope and expected much, much moooaaaar from the new consoles considering the 360 launched in 2005 with the likes of Kameo which was amazing graphically for 2005.... I be disappoint... fur chur. :P

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#52  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Considering 1 year ago everyone was predicting these consoles to be twice as powerful as 360 and PS3, and all about Move and Kinect, i would say that their hardware ended up surprisingly impressive!

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I don't know why people act like this gen isn't a let down. Going from a NES to Genesis, to PS1, to PS2, to PS3/360 was impressive. I always seen the advancement clearly. This gen...not so much. Sadly, I'm going to have to buy a console for the fighting games I love, but if it wasn't for that I would skip this gen entirely.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PAL360

@Pray_to_me:

Haha, that was a nice observation! We all know that high end PCs are more powerful than PS4 and X1, but it's also a known fact that these consoles outperform 80% of the PCs out there. No doubt that they are not powerful enough to run Star Citizen the way we have seen in vids, but i doubt that they couldn't run it at all. If so, very few PC gamers would be able to play this game.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@intotheminx said:

I don't know why people act like this gen isn't a let down. Going from a NES to Genesis, to PS1, to PS2, to PS3/360 was impressive. I always seen the advancement clearly. This gen...not so much. Sadly, I'm going to have to buy a console for the fighting games I love, but if it wasn't for that I would skip this gen entirely.

Last gen launch games like CoD 2 and Resistance weren't anymore impressive for 2005/2006 than Ryse and KZ Shadowfall were for 2013.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

According to this dev

Source

"The Cloud Imperium Games developer says that the Xbone and the PlayStation 4 both use technology that is standard on less powerful gaming computers. The standard resolution that both consoles are struggling to maintain is 1080p 60fps, which is only a frame rate boost over most high definition YouTube videos. Even low end PCs these days are capable of running better displays than consoles with apparently mediocre level graphics cards."

Harsh words....but at the same time I agree and I wish both the consoles had better specs after such a long 7th gen....I was expecting 2 powerhouse consoles and we didn't get that.

Did he also say that the hardware he is targeting for this game cost a great load of cash more than the PS4,and that most PC gamers don't either have them or go for them.?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

According to this dev

Source

"The Cloud Imperium Games developer says that the Xbone and the PlayStation 4 both use technology that is standard on less powerful gaming computers. The standard resolution that both consoles are struggling to maintain is 1080p 60fps, which is only a frame rate boost over most high definition YouTube videos. Even low end PCs these days are capable of running better displays than consoles with apparently mediocre level graphics cards."

Harsh words....but at the same time I agree and I wish both the consoles had better specs after such a long 7th gen....I was expecting 2 powerhouse consoles and we didn't get that.

Power house consoles would cost more money. The One and PS4 are powerful enough, and as devs get more familiar and dev tools improve just like last gen the visuals will improve. At no pint in time in PC history has the PC ever not been the graphics King. They will always be the graphics king. When I look at Ryse, Forza Horizon 2, The Order:1886, Sunset Overdrive, Drive Club, and Quantum Break as being first year (QB being mid next year) titles I am more than pleased with where the graphics are and will go. But the best graphics will always be on PC. If that's what you care about then don't buy a console.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@gregbmil said:

I don't see why people are making such a big deal about PC's being stronger than consoles this gen. Its always been that way, nothing has changed

Pretty much this. I consider the PS4 and XBox One failures because of lack of games.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

According to this dev

Source

Power house consoles would cost more money. The One and PS4 are powerful enough, and as devs get more familiar and dev tools improve just like last gen the visuals will improve. At no pint in time in PC history has the PC ever not been the graphics King. They will always be the graphics king. When I look at Ryse, Forza Horizon 2, The Order:1886, Sunset Overdrive, Drive Club, and Quantum Break as being first year (QB being mid next year) titles I am more than pleased with where the graphics are and will go. But the best graphics will always be on PC. If that's what you care about then don't buy a console.

Kameo in 2005 could be argued but Gears in 2006 was a legit King. :P

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

According to this dev

Source

We didn't get the jump in power I was hoping for. The leap from the Xbox/PS2 to 360/PS3 were greater than the leap from 360/PS3 to X1/PS4. I am not looking for consoles to match the PC but I was expecting 1080P to be standard and for both consoles, that is not the case.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I'm happy with the consoles. Games currently look and perform better than last gen consoles and will only get better and that's all that matters.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

According to this dev

Source

They could have made the specs better, but then you would be paying $600 - $700 for the system, just like you do with a PC. Maybe one day game consoles will be upgradable and then they will always be as powerful as a PC. lol!! DF will be out of a job once that happens. lmao!!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@clone01 said:

@gregbmil said:

I don't see why people are making such a big deal about PC's being stronger than consoles this gen. Its always been that way, nothing has changed

Pretty much this. I consider the PS4 and XBox One failures because of lack of games.

Well yeah. You can upgrade a PC's hardware to always make it more powerful and you can't upgrade a game console. LMAO!! Not sure why this thread was even made. You'd have to be a complete idiot not to realize that this has been the case since video games began.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Don't tell me another lem is joining the "master race"... lol

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@blackace said:

@clone01 said:

@gregbmil said:

Well yeah. You can upgrade a PC's hardware to always make it more powerful and you can't upgrade a game console. LMAO!! Not sure why this thread was even made. You'd have to be a complete idiot not to realize that this has been the case since video games began.

The thread was made because this guy was dissing the consoles and not politely....I don't recall ever stating that consoles should match high end PC's.

There should have been a greater leap in power after a 10 year generation.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#67 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Did...did he really just compare both consoles to the requirements needed to play an youtube videon on 1080p?....Like....seriously?....

what did you expect, people don't like this generation...

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I really have no idea how anybody can take whatever is written on that website seriously. The fact that he compared Youtube's resolution to a game on consoles is the biggest joke I heard in a while. Not even system warriors are that stupid.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Cranler said:

@intotheminx said:

Last gen launch games like CoD 2 and Resistance weren't anymore impressive for 2005/2006 than Ryse and KZ Shadowfall were for 2013.

yeah, people often forget that early X360 and PS3 games looked no better than original Xbox games. And I agree on the fact that the likes of Killzone and Ryse were a much bigger jump compared to early last gen titles too. But that's just herms for you...

Honest herms like Angry Joe agree that Killzone SF looked very impressive. I was watching when he streamed it for the first time and all he talked about was about how beautiful the game looked like and even said it looked on par with many games on PC on ultra settings, something that salty herms would never admit.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#70  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Did...did he really just compare both consoles to the requirements needed to play an youtube videon on 1080p?....Like....seriously?....

what did you expect, people don't like this generation...

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

According to this dev

Source

Yeah except power is the last variable that matters for game consoles, If power was all that mattered The Wii would of flopped hard but it was number 1 last Gen. Consoles are simple and cost effective gaming machines, they're not meant to be powerhouses.

If the price is right consumers will bite, consoles are all about convenience, usability, features and form factor. How powerful they are is irreverent to the matter, graphics even at mediocre level are still better than the half broken crap you can get on STEAM and comparing the interactive media i.e. gaming v.s. the non-interactive media i.e. Youtube is ridiculous.

If enough consumers own the console games will be made for it period and since consoles are making record breaking sales games will be made for them. Oh and Cloud Gaming isn't going anywhere even on PC.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 chikenfriedrice

@Shielder7 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

According to this dev

Source

Yeah except power is the last variable that matters for game consoles, If power was all that mattered The Wii would of flopped hard but it was number 1 last Gen. Consoles are simple and cost effective gaming machines, they're not meant to be powerhouses.

If the price is right consumers will bite, consoles are all about convenience, usability, features and form factor. How powerful they are is irreverent to the matter, graphics even at mediocre level are still better than half the broken crap you can get on STEAM and comparing the interactive media i.e. gaming v.s. the non-interactive media i.e. Youtube is ridiculous.

If enough consumers own the console games will be made for it period and since consoles are making record breaking sales games will be made for them. Oh and Cloud Gaming isn't going anywhere even on PC.

I expected the same type of power leap we received from gen 6 to gen 7....after 10 years that isn't too much to ask.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

What an incredibly terrible article

The problem with Peterson’s statement is that recent low-end PCs not even built for gaming can still run most Xbox 360 ports, and Microsoft’s last generation console is the weakest if you don’t count the Wii.

Really? North America is the largest continent if you don't count Asia and Africa. GM sells the most cars if you don't count Volkswagen or Toyota.

Cloud Imperium Games also doesn't give any advice to remedy the situation, just pointing out what they think is wrong.

how can you remedy the problem? its fixed hardware...

Its not suprize at this point, given that the new consoles struggle to match PC .... not even one game like Gears of War that came along last gen and basically blew PC out of the water for a year...

Feels like the PS4/X1 are 2-3 years behind, no suprize how long the last generation lasted.

Thye have more features now, but technically underwhelming in 2014.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

According to this dev

Source

I agree with every word.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 HalcyonScarlet

@Gue1 said:

I really have no idea how anybody can take whatever is written on that website seriously. The fact that he compared Youtube's resolution to a game on consoles is the biggest joke I heard in a while. Not even system warriors are that stupid.

Certainly no worse then that cinemablend website you sometimes source.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@clone01 said:

@gregbmil said:

but they have more games than 360/ps3 had in the same life span?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Gue1 said:

correct, only you mis-read it and and he was never comparing that. in the context you are assuming.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shielder7 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

According to this dev

Source

If the price is right consumers will bite, consoles are all about convenience, usability, features and form factor. How powerful they are is irreverent to the matter, graphics even at mediocre level are still better than half the broken crap you can get on STEAM and comparing the interactive media i.e. gaming v.s. the non-interactive media i.e. Youtube is ridiculous.

I expected the same type of power leap we received from gen 6 to gen 7....after 10 years that isn't too much to ask.

Things were advancing at a more acculturated rate back than, a year or two back than is like 5 now.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

The new gen so far has been incredibly yawntastic

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@clone01 said:

@gregbmil said:

Really? Hmmm. Maybe I'm getting spoiled. Or it could be that I just liked the launch exclusives better last gen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@clone01 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@clone01 said:

@gregbmil said:

Really? Hmmm. Maybe I'm getting spoiled. Or it could be that I just liked the launch exclusives better last gen.

Possibly, but also factor in the year head start for the 360... both had a few different games because of it.

That being said, this gen only has more games because of high profile cross-gen multiplats and indie, hence why you might be underwhelmed.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@PAL360: no shit sherlock most pcs out there are work based or non gaming pc.

There's probably about 10% of the pc market can run all the latest games at high settings.

10% of all pcs will be a huge number.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By PAL360

@thehig1 said:

There's probably about 10% of the pc market can run all the latest games at high settings.

I meant gaming PCs, not the laptops people use for internet. Otherwise i would have said 99,99%, not 80%.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#85 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

If I had the choice, I would have more powerful consoles. But I do think that exclusives on both machines will blow us away graphically. So I'm fine with them.

yes, because any game is always superior on console if you cant compare it to a PC version

if all 3 consoles had specs similar to the Wii U, fanboys would still be claiming exclusives to be graphics king

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@PAL360 said:

@thehig1 said:

I meant gaming PCs, not the laptops people use for internet. Otherwise i would have said 99,99%, not 80%.

You only need a 7850 and you can about 90% of current games at high settings, some on ultra and the really demanding stuff on medium. That card is about £100 now.

There are a lot of gaming PC's with GPU's equal or better than it.

Neither of us can proivide credible numbers, but more people than you think can play Star Citizen.

system requirments - A 7850 exceeds the minimum for the game.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

I think this gen to me has a similar problem to Arkham Origins. The problem is what we were led to believe. As I've said, if they had marketed Arkham Origins as an expansion pack and not a prequel, our expectations would be different and how we consider it would be different. With the current gen, if they had made it clear that the consoles would be more lower end on the scale, those of us who are disappointed wouldn't be. It's the reason I can accept the Wii U for what it is, and in some cases it's impressing me with its graphics. On the other hand, with the current gen consoles, I'm mostly not impressed apart from one or two cases.

That's important, if they're not going to provide power house consoles anymore, they need to make that clear, our expectations effect how we accept things. Stop trying to make out that the consoles are competing with high-end PCs, supercharged this that and the other BS, just be straight.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

If I had the choice, I would have more powerful consoles. But I do think that exclusives on both machines will blow us away graphically. So I'm fine with them.

Yeah I agree. Not a huge deal breaker for me.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#90 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Dat 1.6ghz TABLET cpu and the low end xbone gpu prove that next gen consoles are anything but "next" Console gamers can cry as much as they wanted but as proven countless times over even weak or old pcs can match the UBER POWERFULL BRAND NEW "next gen" consoles in perfomance.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I think that dev needs to pay attention to market TV's that are selling. While there are 4K TV's available, most being sold are maxed out at 1080p... which just so happens to be what the consoles are doing.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

#92 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

I like to see a low end PC that can run Forza 4, or Halo 4.

My POS old laptop says hi and invites you over.