Why some people prefer Xbox one to PS 4?

• 198 results
danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts

For me its very simple reason. PlayStation has more games I care about like Persona 5, NieR 2, The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, Tearaway Unfolded and many more. I don't really care which one is more powerful, if I did then I would have just gotten PC instead of consoles.

I also bought WiiU over Xone for the very same reason.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

@bobrossperm: I don't care either way bro....................gonna die any way

It's the one thing we can all be certain of. But that's just negative.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

I wanted something different. For the Xbox One was intrigued by the TV, Kinect, and apps. I saw it as more than just video game console purchase to warrant the hefty price tag.

The games I enjoy playing are on the Xbox One and the friends I know personally game there as well.

Xbox One is ever evolving since they back tracked and didn't release what they announced and intending to( and I was dissappointed they caved to the Internet cry babies, there was a lot of cool things they announced like a share play type feature that just disappeared). I have know regrets making my purchase everyone in my family loves using it and it gets used everyday.

Could the graphics be better, yeah probably, but does it effect me or do I see differences in the games, nope( played some MK:X on PS4 today with a friend same damn game??)

All these cows should be doing is lining up to kiss MS's ass because Sony made a 360 with a graphics bump.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#104 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@bobrossperm said:
@cainetao11 said:

Says who? I personally believe it must be better....

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 cainetao11

@danjin44 said:

For me its very simple reason. PlayStation has more games I care about like Persona 5, NieR 2, The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, Tearaway Unfolded and many more. I don't really care which one is more powerful, if I did then I would have just gotten PC instead of consoles.

I also bought WiiU over Xone for the very same reason.

I have the Utmost respect for you. I don't share your tastes, but certainly respect them. I Prefer playing DR3, SO, My halo's in one place, Rare replay, Halo 5, RotTR, Fallout 4 because I get F3 for free with it. Next year? QB, Scalebound, Recore. It is subjective, period. People who cant "get it" are retarded.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By BobRossPerm
@cainetao11 said:
@bobrossperm said:
@cainetao11 said:

Says who? I personally believe it must be better....

So do I. I believe in an afterlife. I'm sure of it. For my own personal reasons and experiences. It makes no sense to me any other way.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8079 Posts

It's simple: Personal Preference

For me, personally, the Xbox One has more big name exclusives so far (and definitely this holiday 2015), obviously the same mulitplats, more multimedia features, more multitasking options, more apps, more reliability and features for online, and a more interesting ecosystem with Windows 10..

The PS4 is riding a hype train.. Plain and simple.. Cows can continue to play sales all they want but the reality is that the Xbox One is currently the more feature rich console, with more big name exclusives for this holiday, and costs less.. It's a shame that the general consumer base still believes that PS4 games look better than Xbox One games without having Digital Foundry to tell you so, you can't play used games on the Xbox One, there's DRM, and blah, blah, blah.. But that's Microsoft's fault.. Regardless of that, they've managed to make their console the better place to play games, play online, and consume media at this point.. For ME, that matters more than sales numbers..

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#108  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@bobrossperm said:
@commander said:

@bobrossperm: Playstation a bigger brand , you're not serious are you?

Microsoft pretty much annahilated the competition with microsoft windows and directx back in the nineties. In terms of power anyway. Sony is a remnant from those nineties and has been able to stay alive in the market because of agressive business strategy and a fanbase.

Combine pc gamers and xbox gamers vs playstation gamers?

Not to mention in term of operating systems, networkserver, playstation is like not even in the same league. The fact that hey sell a bit more consoles is nothing compared to the market shares microsoft has. Sony's company probably runs on windows servers lmao.

Why would you combine PC and Xbox gamers? Most lems don't even play on PC, totally different platform. I more meant it's bigger than the Xbox brand overall. But whatever, if it makes you feel better, yeah windows is a massive platform with like over a billion users. Is your corporate boner growing now? :P

In terms of OS stability, Windows comes dead last lol. Their servers actually run on Unix like every other sane minded companies do. Because Unix >>>>>> NT and that isn't a debate. It's not like MS rule the world in quality OS design, not even close. And the whole thing of saying Xbox OS > PS OS is kind of mute because being the best console OS is like being the tallest midget. And says who? I personally can't stand the whole Windows 8 tiles dog shit and the lay out of apps in the menu.

And the notion that Sony run their servers on windows? LOL, nope, no international corporation is going to put their servers on fucking Windows. Windows strengths lie on it's support and wide breadth of software, not what MS itself brought to the table.

That's not the point, you were saying playstation is a bigger brand than microsoft, which is like saying that cuba is bigger than china.

I have worked in international companies and windows servers is widespread. Unix may be a better servers for databases but it's not nearly as manageable and user friendly as windows. Most international companies have a mix of different os'es, using the services from microsoft in what they do best and the same for other operating systems like unix.

But microsoft is always there in a certain form, it can be small file server but mostly it's a lot more than that.

As for stability, this isn't the nineties lol and i was talking about os for games, thus microsoft windows 7,8,10.

Xbox one runs on windows, playstation os is not even near that lol.

Microsoft rules the world in terms of os design, they pushed novell out of the market and they have the only gaming os that can work with the latest tech and the latest games.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@commander said:

Microsoft pretty much annahilated the competition with microsoft windows and directx back in the nineties. In terms of power anyway. Sony is a remnant from those nineties and has been able to stay alive in the market because of agressive business strategy and a fanbase.

Not to mention in term of operating systems, networkserver, playstation is like not even in the same league. The fact that hey sell a bit more consoles is nothing compared to the market shares microsoft has. Sony's company probably runs on windows servers lmao.

Oh look! Yet Another XBoy without the sense to understand the difference between Systems and Companies. Guess which one we discuss here? :roll:

He was arguing PS was a larger brand than XBox. Seeing as you went running behind other MS products I guess even you know that.

Understanding the difference between Brands and Corporations should be easy for XB fanboys. After all, brand is a big thing, to them. The very definition of fanboys.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By santoron

@cainetao11 said:

Man, you took me back. Great post. Sony are great at gaming, as a business (which doesn't mean consumer) and pretty good with consumers. I don't deny it. I just choose to stand with a company that took care of mine in deployment. I know, really I do. It isn't 1950s anymore. But I do it anyway. MS is an American company, Ninty and Sony are Japanese companies. Only one sent consoles to FOBs for troops. Thank you for your support.

If there were ever an argument for brand loyalty, this would be about tops on my list. Something like that would stick with me too. Great post.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By commander

@santoron said:
@commander said:

Oh look! Yet Another XBoy without the sense to understand the difference between Systems and Companies. Guess which one we discuss here? :roll:

He was arguing PS was a larger brand than XBox. Seeing as you went running behind other MS products I guess even you know that.

Understanding the difference between Brands and Corporations should be easy for XB fanboys. After all, brand is a big thing, to them. The very definition of fanboys.

xbox runs on windows, actually all pc's will be able to run xbox games in the future. Windows and xbox is a bigger brand,

Funny how you call me a fanboy, everyone knows fanboys originated with playstation simply because it was always an inferior system to windows. That chart is hilarious, it must be really credible lmao

I should have known some rabid sony fanboy would come in and started nitpicking about semantics lol

The fact is that people who bought a playstation for graphics really got a bad deal. A console isn't meant for graphics, not since microsoft came with windows 95 in the nineties.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By BobRossPerm
@commander said:

That's not the point, you were saying playstation is a bigger brand than microsoft, which is like saying that cuba is bigger than china.

I have worked in international companies and windows servers is widespread. Unix may be a better servers for databases but it's not nearly as manageable and user friendly as windows. Most international companies have a mix of different os'es, using the services from microsoft in what they do best and the same for other operating systems like unix.

But microsoft is always there in a certain form, it can be small file server but mostly it's a lot more than that.

As for stability, this isn't the nineties lol and i was talking about os for games, thus microsoft windows 7,8,10.

Microsoft rules the world in terms of os design, they pushed novell out of the market and they are they have the only gaming os that can work with the latest tech and the latest games.

I'm sure you realize that I never implied that PlayStation was bigger than Microsoft and had the common sense to know I was talking about Xbox. I'm just gonna assume you picked up on that.

Servers are run on Unix/Linux for stability. Using Linux doesn't take a rocket scientist, it has a tidy UI just like Windows. It would make no sense to not use Linux for servers as it's stable, light weight, portable and it's free. Windows is none of those things.

Windows is indeed used in buisnesses and gaming everywhere on PC's, but not for running fundamental servers.

Xbox One runs a Windows kernal, not Windows. Can I install MS Word on Xbox One? Not some Xbox adaptation MS released on the marketplace, but the actual install wizard exe on my computer? No it can't because it isn't actually a full Windows experience. It's a console adapted (cut down to ****) OS that has it's own ecosystem seperate from that of PC Windows. And the thing is, PS4 runs FreeBSD, an adaptation of Linux which is based on, guess what? Unix. None of the benefits of Windows on PC apply to Xbox One. Windows is a wide open OS, Xbox One UI isn't. It's all down to the game libraries and which UI you like best, otherwise PS4 is actually based on the superior OS kernal. Peculiar world.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By commander

@bobrossperm said:
@commander said:

Microsoft rules the world in terms of os design, they pushed novell out of the market and they are they have the only gaming os that can work with the latest tech and the latest games.

I'm sure you realize that I never implied that PlayStation was bigger than Microsoft and had the common sense to know I was talking about Xbox. I'm just gonna assume you picked up on that.

Servers are run on Unix/Linux for stability. Using Linux doesn't take a rocket scientist, it has a tidy UI just like Windows. It would make no sense to not use Linux for servers as it's stable, light weight, portable and it's free. Windows is none of those things.

Windows is indeed used in buisnesses and gaming everywhere on PC's, but not for running fundamental servers.

Xbox One runs a Windows kernal, not Windows. Can I install MS Word on Xbox One? Not some Xbox adaptation MS released on the marketplace, but the actual install wizard exe on my computer? No it can't because it isn't actually a full Windows experience. It's a console adapted (cut down to ****) OS that has it's own ecosystem seperate from that of PC Windows. And the thing is, PS4 runs FreeBSD, an adaptation of Linux which is based on, guess what? Unix. None of the benefits of Windows on PC apply to Xbox One. Windows is a wide open OS, Xbox One UI isn't. It's all down to the game libraries and whicvh UI you like best, otherwise PS4 is actually based on the superior OS kernal. Peculiar world.

That doesn't matter, the name microsoft is behind xbox , making it a bigger name. Like i said windows runs on xbox.

Your comments about linux and windows show that you never worked as a network admistrator, windows is a lot easier to configure and maintain. No it's not free but so are linux engineers and they are more expensive than windows engineers and they still will have problem configuring stuff.

The xboxone's os maybe be just a part of windows , the core is still there and last time i checked it's windows running the latest games on the latest tech, not unix or linux.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 santoron

@commander said:

xbox runs on windows, actually all pc's will be able to run xbox games in the future.

Windows and xbox is a bigger brand,

end of story

How much incorrect information can you squeeze into a post?

XBox does NOT run on the Windows on your PC anymore than Windows RT or Windows Phone is the same thing. They use the same basic Kernal, but are very distinct OSes.. Want to test it out? Put your Xbox Disc into your PC. Doesn't work? Oh, howsabout putting a PC game into the Bone. Bzzzt. Thanks for playing.

ALL PC's will NOT be runnng XBox games in the future, at least, not officially (and I don't think you're pining for emulators). Wait, You thought Streaming = running on? lolno. It's like remote play. I'll let you research the specifics...

Windows and XBox are NOT a bigger brand. They are two brands, representing two different SW platforms and you're using one to hide behind while fanboying over the other. It's like saying New York City is smaller than Hackensack and France.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#115 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Brand loyalty is for chimps.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 commander

@santoron said:
@commander said:

xbox runs on windows, actually all pc's will be able to run xbox games in the future.

end of story

XBox does NOT run on the Windows on your PC anymore than Windows RT or Windows Phone is the same thing. They use the same basic Kernal, but are very distinct OSes.. Want to test it out? Put your Xbox Disc into your PC. Doesn't work? Oh, howsabout putting a PC game into the Bone. Bzzzt. Thanks for playing.

ALL PC's will NOT be runnng XBox games in the future, at least, not officially (and I don't think you're pining for emulators). Wait, You thought Streaming = running on? lolno. It's like remote play. I'll let you research the specifics...

Windows and XBox are NOT a bigger brand. They are two brands, representing two different SW platforms and you're using one to hide behind while fanboying over the other. It's like saying New York City is smaller than Hackensack and France.

you're just nitpicking. Xbox has the name windows and microsoft behind it , making it a bigger brand. The windows phone comparison is not correct, windows doesn't add anything for a phone. For a gaming console it does. Windows is the leading os in gaming.

The os on the xbox one maybe custom windows. it's still windows.

Xbox one games will be running on the pc in the future and it will not be streaming, The streaming will come first. Then the emulating will come as you like to call it, but i won't be much of an emulator, since xbox one is an x86 system. This is of course long term but it will happen.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 santoron

@commander said:
@santoron said:
@commander said:

xbox runs on windows, actually all pc's will be able to run xbox games in the future. Windows and xbox is a bigger brand,

Funny how you call me a fanboy, everyone knows fanboys originated with playstation simply because it was always an inferior system to windows. That chart is hilarious, it must be really credible lmao

I should have known some rabid sony fanboy would come in and started nitpicking about semantics lol

The fact is that people who bought a playstation for graphics really got a bad deal. A console isn't meant for graphics, not since microsoft came with windows 95 in the nineties.

Hah! Since you felt like answering twice, we'll see what you have this time.

First sentence same as before. See post above.

Hey, I didn't make the assertion that XBox owners chose brand as the biggest reason to buy. Neilsen did. That's the difference here. I bring data showing Xbox buyers overall chose brand above everything else. You talk out your ass with nothing. Bring something concrete to back to argue your point, or go whine to Neilsen. You won't get them to change by crying to me, and their credibility is approximately infinitely better than your unsupported ravings.

Fanboys started with PS.... because it was inferior to Windows? Passing over your ignorance of "console wars" pre-Playstation, I'm starting to wonder if there's some sort of neurological problem here. You aren't getting it. Playstation is a Console, not an OS. Windows is an Operating System for PCs, not a console. If you can't see the difference still then seek help, though I find it hilarious how the farther you go digging, the more you clutch onto Windows and abandon XBox, which is what you were raging about to start with. lul

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 BobRossPerm
@commander said:

That doesn't matter, the name microsoft is behind xbox , making it a bigger name. Like i said windows runs on xbox.

Your comments about linux and windows show that you never worked as a network admistrator, windows is a lot easier to configure and maintain. No it's not free but so are linux engineers and they are more expensive than windows engineers and they still will have problem configuring stuff.

The xboxone's os maybe be just a part of windows , the core is still there.

But your whole post stinks of you sucking MS's cock and not so much you liking Xbox as a platform.

The fact is, companies (international corporations in perticular) run their servers on Linux for stability. It's industry standard. I am not aware of engineer hire prices, but I know that what I said is a fact. Windows isn't stable enough to be supporting servers on the scale that Google, Apple, or even MS themselves do. Windows servers may get used in local companies for ease of setup, but for serious buisness, lolno. Do you think Youtube is run on Windows? Facebook? Think again.

The core doesn't mean shit if all it means is that it's based on something and nothing more. If you can't run the breadth of Windows software on it then it might as well be based on Amiga Workbench. As I said before, it comes down to the console game library because actual Windows software means nothing to Xbox One users. Because you know, the original topic was about people who like PS4 or Xbox. You turned this into a Microsoft dick sucking fest.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Well I bought both because they both have IPs I want to play.

But I game on the Xbox 99% of the time because PSN is garbage. The Xbox controller is also vastly superior, and those are two areas that will always outweigh pixel counting by far. If I actually cared about resolution, i certainly wouldn't settle for the PS4 - I'd go straight to PC.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 cainetao11

@bobrossperm: We must join forces and become Ninjas

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

I bought both consoles but I enjoyed the launch games of the xbox one more than the ps4. I play mostly 3rd party games on my ps4 like destiny and witcher but I'm enjoying the exclusives of the x1 more. But I have about an equal amount of games for both consoles.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

I wouldn't say I prefer the system, but I do find myself using it a bit more than my PS4 recently. I seem to have a lot of network issues on PS4, so I've been playing multiplayer focused games more on the XB1, while sticking with the PS4 for more single player focused games. Only thing I for sure prefer is the XB1 controller, but it's not to say I don't like the DS4. Far from it actually.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 cainetao11

@santoron said:
@cainetao11 said:

Man, you took me back. Great post. Sony are great at gaming, as a business (which doesn't mean consumer) and pretty good with consumers. I don't deny it. I just choose to stand with a company that took care of mine in deployment. I know, really I do. It isn't 1950s anymore. But I do it anyway. MS is an American company, Ninty and Sony are Japanese companies. Only one sent consoles to FOBs for troops. Thank you for your support.

If there were ever an argument for brand loyalty, this would be about tops on my list. Something like that would stick with me too. Great post.

But I don't hate Sony or Nintendo for NOT doing so. We aren't their Army at war. But the fact that the only American video game company gave a shit, says something to many of us. Thank you, and God Bless the USA

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 santoron

@commander said:
@santoron said:
@commander said:

end of story

you're just nitpicking. Xbox has the name windows and microsoft behind it , making it a bigger brand. The windows phone comparison is not correct, windows doesn't add anything for a phone. For a gaming console it does. Windows is the leading os in gaming.

Xbox one games will be running on the pc in the future and it will not be streaming, The streaming will come first. Then the emulating will come as you like to call it, but i won't be much of an emulator, since xbox one is an x86 system. This is of course long term but it will happen.

Bing has the name Microsoft behind it. Is Bing bigger than Google?

Windows Phone has the name Microsoft behind it (ooh, and the name Windows in it!!!!). Is Windows Phone bigger than Android? Than iOS even?

Quit bringing such nonsense to the table. It's a loser everywhere but your head, as you can see from the replies.

Hell, you can call any OS "Windows" you want. And there's been a lot of them. But since you want to present yourself as someone knowledgeable in IT, you should know that if they can't run the same software, they are not the same OS, despite the name on the box. That's you being gullible.

As far as emulators (and I take no credit for labeling them as such...)? Sure. It'll happen. Every system ever made has emulators on PC, or one being worked on as we banter. What does that have to do with anything? Does that mean when a PS4 emulator releases I should add the "powah of the MS label" to the Playstation too? Silliness.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#125 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@indzman said:

Xbox one is a solid system but i don't think its library is great as PS 4 till now.To them who own/ prefer Xbox one over PS 4 is it because of upcoming games as Halo 5, Scalebound, Quantum Break or because of its current games as MCC collection, Sunset Overdrive, Forza V ETC or some other reason as better online service system, graphics, backwards compability ETC ?

its loyalty more than anything else. a lot of people grew up with xbox live, have a shit ton of friends who use it, so that justifies it for them.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By commander

@santoron said:
@commander said:
@santoron said:

Hah! Since you felt like answering twice, we'll see what you have this time.

First sentence same as before. See post above.

Hey, I didn't make the assertion that XBox owners chose brand as the biggest reason to buy. Neilsen did. That's the difference here. I bring data showing Xbox buyers overall chose brand above everything else. You talk out your ass with nothing. Bring something concrete to back to argue your point, or go whine to Neilsen. You won't get them to change by crying to me, and their credibility is approximately infinitely better than your unsupported ravings.

Fanboys started with PS.... because it was inferior to Windows? Passing over your ignorance of "console wars" pre-Playstation, I'm starting to wonder if there's some sort of neurological problem here. You aren't getting it. Playstation is a Console, not an OS. Windows is an Operating System for PCs, not a console. If you can't see the difference still then seek help, though I find it hilarious how the farther you go digging, the more you clutch onto Windows and abandon XBox, which is what you were raging about to start with. lul

Well first off nielsen isn't as credible as you think. They have been known for releasing incaccurate information, one that comes to mind is that abc had more viewers than nbc, but it was the other way around. I'm not saying this chart is wrong but it kind of shows the wrong picture.

Most playstaton buyers would have bought a playstation either way. The ones that bought it for graphics are players from nintendo or xbox camp and those are a lot less than the playstation fans.

And what does xbox brand means in this chart. This chart kinda portrays like most xbox buyers are fanboys, just like you read it. But I read it like most xbox buyers choose the xbox brand because it stands for better quality. Either way, that chart's data is not only questionable, you can interpret it in many way, making it ridiculous if you use it as an argument, and that was exactly my point.

Last time i checked , this is system wars, not console wars. Windows is running on all gaming pc's, or are you going to bring apple into the mix?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 santoron

@cainetao11 said:
@santoron said:
@cainetao11 said:

But I don't hate Sony or Nintendo for NOT doing so. We aren't their Army at war. But the fact that the only American video game company gave a shit, says something to many of us. Thank you, and God Bless the USA

I get you. And honestly while you've never been shy about your preference, I've never seen you as a fanboy around here. I just like that your post made me realize my usual stance that "brand loyalty = fanboys" wasn't right in some cases.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@kingtito: Gotta admit that it does look a bit suspicious the way he replied after @Shewgenja specifically directs the comment towards you.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

@kingtito: Gotta admit that it does look a bit suspicious the way he replied after @Shewgenja specifically directs the comment towards you.

Might be a glitch on GS or that was just the post he happened to hit quote on. I know I've done it many times. I don't hide behind alts, never have and never will.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@kinectthedots: I dont know, I've never played it, but I've heard good things from people that played the first , that's why I included it, in fact if the first game comes to the B/C list I will give it a go and try it for myself. I dont have to do anything to my list because those are the games that I look forward to, or have enjoyed greatly in MCC, Forza 5 and Horizon 2. Whats so wrong with people liking and wanting to play some games? I already said I owned a ps3 last gen and this is my first Xbox anything so why am I a lemming now? or even treated like one. I guess no one at all is allowed to say anything positive about a Microsoft product, is that how it works?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 commander

@bobrossperm said:
@commander said:

The xboxone's os maybe be just a part of windows , the core is still there.

But your whole post stinks of you sucking MS's cock and not so much you liking Xbox as a platform.

The fact is, companies (international corporations in perticular) run their servers on Linux for stability. It's industry standard. I am not aware of engineer hire prices, but I know that what I said is a fact. Windows isn't stable enough to be supporting servers on the scale that Google, Apple, or even MS themselves do. Windows servers may get used in local companies for ease of setup, but for serious buisness, lolno. Do you think Youtube is run on Windows? Facebook? Think again.

The core doesn't mean shit if all it means is that it's based on something and nothing more. If you can't run the breadth of Windows software on it then it might as well be based on Amiga Workbench. As I said before, it comes down to the console game library because actual Windows software means nothing to Xbox One users. Because you know, the original topic was about people who like PS4 or Xbox. You turned this into a Microsoft dick sucking fest.

This has nothing to do with liking or fanboyism. These are just plain facts

When I hear you talk about networks I know you don't have a lot of experience in the industry. OF course when perfect stability is your primary goal you will choose a unix servers or even a mainframe but a network is a lot more than perfect stablitiy only.

For managing users, pc's, software, communication windows servers are better than unix servers because they're cheaper, easier to use , configure and maintain. Of course if streaming videos is your core business like youtube then you need perfect stable and releiable severs but like i said a network is a lot more than that. Do you seriously think the small file servers in the sales or human resources departement runs on unix? or that a windows workstation is installed through a unix server.

Of course not. Windows is verywhere in every company , sometimes it will all be windows, sometimes not, but windows servers are everywhere.Heck , a lot of access to unix servers mostly goes through a windows network. I suppose i don't have to explain to you that most pc users in most companies will use a windows workstation that are part of a windows network. There's bound to be windows servers there lol

As for the windows on the xbox one. I don't know if you realize this but the name xbox is derived from directx. Directx is a part of windows, and originated as a part of windows. In fact in the past, consoles were stronger than pc's when it came to games, but it's microsoft that changed that with windows directx. It's only because the console stayed popular (even with vastly inferior specss) that microsoft released a console based on their directx technology. A console market that was dominated by sony even before microsoft released their directx technology.

So i didn't change this from xbox vs ps4 to microsoft vs sony. IT has always been like that in the gaming industry and sony has always been the inferior player since microsoft released windows 95 with directx technology. You just didn't realize it.

As for the comment on the game library, that doesn't make any sense. I was talking about brand name, not game libraries but even then it's the xboxone that's getting backwards compatibility not the ps4

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

I much prefer the exclusives on Sony's side, like Uncharted, inFamous, etc. But I usually buy all of my games for my Xbox One if they are multiplat because all of my friends and co-workers own one and its fun to play online and be in a party. I've long given up on which is the "better" console. They both have their pros and cons.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By commander

@santoron said:
@commander said:
@santoron said:

Bing has the name Microsoft behind it. Is Bing bigger than Google?

Windows Phone has the name Microsoft behind it (ooh, and the name Windows in it!!!!). Is Windows Phone bigger than Android? Than iOS even?

Quit bringing such nonsense to the table. It's a loser everywhere but your head, as you can see from the replies.

Hell, you can call any OS "Windows" you want. And there's been a lot of them. But since you want to present yourself as someone knowledgeable in IT, you should know that if they can't run the same software, they are not the same OS, despite the name on the box. That's you being gullible.

As far as emulators (and I take no credit for labeling them as such...)? Sure. It'll happen. Every system ever made has emulators on PC, or one being worked on as we banter. What does that have to do with anything? Does that mean when a PS4 emulator releases I should add the "powah of the MS label" to the Playstation too? Silliness.

You making the same incorrect comparisons , windows is not a search engine like bing nor does it distinguish itself in phone applications.

But when it comes to gaming windows and directx is the leading force and the xbox name is derived from directx.

You don't have to get personal , stick with the facts, bringing up an already debunked argument just makes it worse for you and your sony fanboy friends. Besides , you can get of your high horse with brand names, microsoft and sony are also brand names lmao.

Again, windows in this case is important because it runs directx, pc's and the xboxone run both directx.

This won't be like an emulator, , since the xboxone is basically a pc and since it also runs windows, running it on the pc won't be much of a challenge.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Pretty much a nice way of saying the average Xbone owner is just a brand-loyal drone.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 commander
@Shewgenja said:

Pretty much a nice way of saying the average Xbone owner is just a brand-loyal drone.

brand loyalty that exist for a reason, just like sony has brand loyalty fans.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#136 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Brand loyalty, that's it.

Please don't try to tell me that 900p is something that anyone looks for in a gen 8 console game.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#137 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

So, you will sit there and try to cut me down in other threads because you are hooked on a Wally-World special? Totally not buying it.

You think I'd find you less contemptible if I had a PS4?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By santoron
@commander said:

Well first off nielsen isn't as credible as you think. They have been known for releasing incaccurate information, one that comes to mind is that abc had more viewers than nbc, but it was the other way around. I'm not saying this chart is wrong but it kind of shows the wrong picture.

While It's far too late in the day to feel like tracking down links and arguing this further, I'll go as far as to say you're trying to conflate making a mistake with being not credible. Neisen's reputation is secure, even though I'm sure they've made a mistake or ten before. You're only trying to question their credibility because you dislike the results you've been confronted with.

@commander said:

Most playstaton buyers would have bought a playstation either way. The ones that bought it for graphics are players from nintendo or xbox camp and those are a lot less than the playstation fans.

You have a source to back your assertion? Because it doesn't fit the data. The poll was about ALL Gen 8 buyers above 13. So for performance to score so highly, it must've been from a larger cross section than you thought. To argue this, you need actual information, not hurt feelings.

And I'm sorry, but blind fanboys have a habit of thinking everyone thinks like they do - as a fanboy - when you guys are a minority of total consumers (perhaps hanging around here has you confused???). Most PS and Nintendo owners polled didn't consider the Brand as a factor in their purchasing decision, according to the best, most objective data we have. It didn't even make the list for the other two! So arguing that "most PS buyers would have bought a PS either way" is a loser.

@commander said:

And what does xbox brand means in this chart. This chart kinda portrays like most xbox buyers are fanboys, just like you read it. But I read it like most xbox buyers choose the xbox brand because it stands for better quality. Either way, that chart's data is not only questionable, you can interpret it in many way, making it ridiculous if you use it as an argument, and that was exactly my point.

Sure, if you don't like what it is saying plainly, you can try and twist things in the cracks. Most people will see that effort for what it is: desperate. Those polled weren't given a confusing list of choices that kept them from saying what they meant, they got to list whatever they wanted. Unless you're arguing the XB1 owners were too stupid to use the word quality, I'll take them at their word: Their primary reason for going for an XBone was that it said "XBox" on it. Trying to assert what XBox "means" to each individual respondent is impossible, and you guessing for them isn't of any value.

(And considering the whole billion dollar + boondoggle that was RROD, I think you're going to have an awfully hard time trying to argue the XBox name has a strong quality connotation with the average consumer, especially that it represents quality compared to its competitors...)

@commander said:

Last time i checked , this is system wars, not console wars. Windows is running on all gaming pc's, or are you going to bring apple into the mix?

lul. You were the one that flipped out about the temerity of someone saying PS was a larger brand than XBox with a stupefying run around about the "powah" of the MS brand (which - again - is a company, not a system) and then trying to use Windows to tie them together somehow. Remember? That's how we got here. So this statement is both baffling and hilarious.

Putting aside your ignorance of the PC landscape (there are gaming PCs running other operating systems and that's an area looking to grow via SteamOS and increased market penetration of - you said it - MacOS, so bzzzt on that one), of course Gaming PCs are welcome here. Trying to combine Gaming PCs and Xbox is not. If you want to argue for a system, choose your system. Don't start with one and hide behind another when things go south. And definitely don't try to add them together because of a company affiliation.

And we're back to the beginning, where I'm telling you the difference between System Wars and Company Wars. At least it sounds like a little of that got through...

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Might be a glitch on GS or that was just the post he happened to hit quote on. I know I've done it many times. I don't hide behind alts, never have and never will.

Ok np. No reason to think you're lying.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#140  Edited By Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

With Microsoft if I want to change my name on Xbox Live I can, With Microsoft if someone uses my card I can get a refund without being banned.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#141 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

The xbox one is being excluded by more developers everyday, it just lags behind the PS4 worldwide and the hardware is inferior. Last gen it had tales of vesperia first and now Playstation systems get the Tales Of series, now absent altogether on xbox and thats just one small example.

The xbox one is becoming less and less viable as a gaming platform as time goes by.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@commander said:

Yes SYSTEM WARS genius

LMAO so what the hell are you talking about "windows is running on all gaming" here for?

Since when is "windows" a "system"?

Dat ****. So you are playing "company" wars here? Yeah FAIL.

Haha those Hermings (lemming hiding behind PC) trying to create crutches for Xbox in anyway possible. Did you know Sony makes games for PC too...I guess you think those are a bonus for xbox too?

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#143 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

because people are stubborn to accept the fact that ps4 is better than xbone .

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Because some people have shit taste and mental illness. Speaking of:

@RR360DD said:

But I game on the Xbox 99% of the time because PSN is garbage. The Xbox controller is also vastly superior, and those are two areas that will always outweigh pixel counting by far. If I actually cared about resolution, i certainly wouldn't settle for the PS4 - I'd go straight to PC.

When's the Shitbox Done finally getting a decent game?

@Antwan3K said:

It's simple: Personal Preference

lel

That comeback happening any day now, right, lem? Keep waiting for a game to show up.

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

PS4 is just rubbish, it really has nothing worth playing with an upcoming library of game aimed at Weeaboo gamers and movie fans, who wants to play Gozilla, Until Dawn or Dragon Quest Warriors

PS4 LOL

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#146 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13665 Posts

It's a bit rich for cows to say 'brand loyalty' like they are above that.

The PS3 was a shit show for years before it turned good, but they waited. The PS4 took so long to turn good, the cows have started counting multiplats and Indies.

I can't speak for others, but I hoped the X1 would good, but it wasn't, I moved on.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Because some people have shit taste and mental illness. Speaking of:

@RR360DD said:

When's the Shitbox Done finally getting a decent game?

AAAE day one bro. It only took the PS4 a year and a half to get one

LOL

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 commander

@kinectthedots said:
@commander said:

Yes SYSTEM WARS genius

LMAO so what the hell are you talking about "windows is running on all gaming" here for?

Since when is "windows" a "system"?

Dat ****. So you are playing "company" wars here? Yeah FAIL.

Haha those Hermings (lemming hiding behind PC) trying to create crutches for Xbox in anyway possible. Did you know Sony makes games for PC too...I guess you think those are a bonus for xbox too?

Seriously, is it so hard to 'connect the dots'

Every gaming pc runs windows. That means microsoft is making money for every gaming pc sold (pirates not included of course)

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By commander
@santoron said:
@commander said:

While It's far too late in the day to feel like tracking down links and arguing this further, I'll go as far as to say you're trying to conflate making a mistake with being not credible. Neisen's reputation is secure, even though I'm sure they've made a mistake or ten before. You're only trying to question their credibility because you dislike the results you've been confronted with.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/10/nielsen-technical-error-faulty-ratings-data_n_5966416.html

Well if you want me to post links no problem, maybe you should read the comments section and see what those people think of nielsen crediblity. They don't even mention how many people they questioned. This is still a company, not some independent university. Profit is the driving force behind this company. So spinning the numbers can have its advantages. Making their article more popular for instance and by that advertising their own name.

You don't have to cheat to spin the numbers. I mean the second reason they bought a playstation 4 is a blue-ray player. The xboxone has a blue ray player as well. How many buyers don't know that, i really doubt this is the average buyer lol.

Agian i'm not saying that this poll is wrong, but it does give a warped image. No way that the second reason to buy a ps4 amongst ps4 owners is a blue ray player lol.

@santoron said:

Sure, if you don't like what it is saying plainly, you can try and twist things in the cracks. Most people will see that effort for what it is: desperate. Those polled weren't given a confusing list of choices that kept them from saying what they meant, they got to list whatever they wanted. Unless you're arguing the XB1 owners were too stupid to use the word quality, I'll take them at their word: Their primary reason for going for an XBone was that it said "XBox" on it. Trying to assert what XBox "means" to each individual respondent is impossible, and you guessing for them isn't of any value.

(And considering the whole billion dollar + boondoggle that was RROD, I think you're going to have an awfully hard time trying to argue the XBox name has a strong quality connotation with the average consumer, especially that it represents quality compared to its competitors...)

Well you don't know what options those people were given, do you, you don't know how many people , what region, You don't know anything about this poll.

I do know that people choose a certain brand because they think it is better than another brand. It's the reason sony got so much fans with their playstations, and it's also the reason microsoft got so much xbox fans. The question still remains, what is best system. But that is different for everyone, the systems are too close together, I, and a lot of others, prefer the xboxone but I can understand why a lot of people prefer the ps4.as well.

@santoron said:

You have a source to back your assertion? Because it doesn't fit the data. The poll was about ALL Gen 8 buyers above 13. So for performance to score so highly, it must've been from a larger cross section than you thought. To argue this, you need actual information, not hurt feelings.

And I'm sorry, but blind fanboys have a habit of thinking everyone thinks like they do - as a fanboy - when you guys are a minority of total consumers (perhaps hanging around here has you confused???). Most PS and Nintendo owners polled didn't consider the Brand as a factor in their purchasing decision, according to the best, most objective data we have. It didn't even make the list for the other two! So arguing that "most PS buyers would have bought a PS either way" is a loser.

Well you don't have to be a genius to know that playstation buyers will stick with playstation if they loved the previous system. But your beloved nielsen is showing the same trend.

I'm not saying those numbers are right of course, but you're the one screaming for data, data that is as obvious as red lights on an intersection.

@santoron said:
@commander said:

lul. You were the one that flipped out about the temerity of someone saying PS was a larger brand than XBox with a stupefying run around about the "powah" of the MS brand (which - again - is a company, not a system) and then trying to use Windows to tie them together somehow. Remember? That's how we got here. So this statement is both baffling and hilarious.

Putting aside your ignorance of the PC landscape (there are gaming PCs running other operating systems and that's an area looking to grow via SteamOS and increased market penetration of - you said it - MacOS, so bzzzt on that one), of course Gaming PCs are welcome here. Trying to combine Gaming PCs and Xbox is not. If you want to argue for a system, choose your system. Don't start with one and hide behind another when things go south. And definitely don't try to add them together because of a company affiliation.

And we're back to the beginning, where I'm telling you the difference between System Wars and Company Wars. At least it sounds like a little of that got through...

Sony and microsoft are brands as well. Sony stands for quality in consumer electronics , they have always made high quality tv's, hifi systems but the playstation brand has become bigger than that, so the sony brand doesn't add much to the playstation brand.

With xbox this is different. Microsoft windows is the leading os for games (sorry steamos and certainly macos don't carry a lot of weight right now) DirectX is the leading api. Microsoft makes server operating systems. They have popular applications for programming, office applications.

Console gaming has become so big, that data security, network operations , os quality has become more and more important, as important as hardware specs and for that the microsoft name adds a lot of weight to the xbox brand and for that it is a bigger brand that sony playstation.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@RR360DD said:

AAAE day one bro. It only took the PS4 a year and a half to get one

LOL

What was that? Flopza 5?Ryse? LOL

Call me when the Shitbox Done gets a 90+ rated exclusive, drone. :)