Why some people prefer Xbox one to PS 4?

• 198 results
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Xbox one is a solid system but i don't think its library is great as PS 4 till now.To them who own/ prefer Xbox one over PS 4 is it because of upcoming games as Halo 5, Scalebound, Quantum Break or because of its current games as MCC collection, Sunset Overdrive, Forza V ETC or some other reason as better online service system, graphics, backwards compability ETC ?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It's for people who like to wait til the holidays for their gaming to be in season. The Lemming is a lot like a hunter or a fisherman, only at least those have more game to go after in different seasons, actually.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45049 Posts

Mostly brand loyalty and pride.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shewgenja

"Look at me, I don't want to play games in 1080p despite having had a 1080p TV now for almost a decade. I'm an Xbox fan."

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Halo goggles. They just can't let it go.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Braindead fanboys that follow their preferred brand with no reasoning behind it.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

People prefer the game line up on xbo. The only worthy game on ps4 at the moment is bloodbourne

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

"Look at me, I don't want to play games in 1080p despite having had a 1080p TV now for almost a decade. I'm an Xbox fan."

So much butthurt hahaha you're so pathetic cowgenja. News flash kid but not all Sony's games are 1080p

TC not everyone likes Sony's exclusives and actually prefer XOnes games. GASP!!!! I know someone actually has a preference that isn't Sony. Sorry dude but Sony's library is far from great.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shewgenja

@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:

So much butthurt hahaha you're so pathetic cowgenja. News flash kid but not all Sony's games are 1080p

TC not everyone likes Sony's exclusives and actually prefer XOnes games. GASP!!!! I know someone actually has a preference that isn't Sony. Sorry dude but Sony's library is far from great.

You're kind of the case in point, though. I mean, it's not really about the PS4's exclusive lineup or WiiU or even PC for you guys. You will sit here with soundbite after excuse after marketing memo trying to make this console into something for... shocker.. people who don't give a toss about MSes exclusives. All the while, defending MSes decisions not to give people who are not in your fold a reason to jump in. As if people have to buy an Xbox in order to even have a valid opinion about gaming in your eyes.

No, Kingtito, you will just sit here and lambast people for using common sense and not joining your love parade for a weaker system that still hasn't even had a big exclusive all year. Call us fanboys or whatever other sorry excuse you have to not see the wool in your own eyes.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Halo, Forza etc.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44532 Posts

I got my Xbox One because it had games that aren't on the PS4, and games that I actually wanted to play, whereas the PS4 didn't, except the same multiplats I could get on the Xbox One. I still plan on getting a PS4 by the way, when the time is right.

Honestly though it was a split decision, I was really on the fence, I think what sold me more was there were simply better holiday deals on the Xbox One over PS4 this last year.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@indzman said:

(reasons)

The answer is none of the above

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

loyalty to the xbox brand from the 360 hey day

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I chose to purchase a XB1 over PS4 because I needed a console for MKX and I'm a big fan of Gears, which the PS4 doesn't have. That simple really.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11791 Posts

Halo is pretty much the only thing keeping them alive. A lot of people I know are hardcore Xbox fanboys they don't give anything a chance till it is on Xbox. They were okay with the original Xbox One plans because Halo was really that important they didn't care if the game industry got screwed over.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Why do dome people prefer ps4 over PC?

Why do some people prefer handhelds over home consoles?

Simple. Personal preference. Some like the brand, the kinect, the exclusives, their friends play on it, XBLive, the TV integration, etc.

Same goes for all platforms.

@Shewgenja said:

It's for people who like to wait til the holidays for their gaming to be in season. The Lemming is a lot like a hunter or a fisherman, only at least those have more game to go after in different seasons, actually.

@SolidGame_basic said:

Mostly brand loyalty and pride.

@Shewgenja said:

@Nike_Air said:

Halo goggles. They just can't let it go.

@silversix_ said:

Braindead fanboys that follow their preferred brand with no reasoning behind it.

@kinectthedots said:
@indzman said:

(reasons)

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I like it more because I like the games it offers, the controller, the multimedia fuctionality, XBL.

I like the PS4 as well but just not as much, it rarely gets used until a nice exclusive releases.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shewgenja

@chikenfriedrice said:

I like it more because I like the games it offers, the controller, the multimedia fuctionality, XBL.

I like the PS4 as well but just not as much, it rarely gets used until a nice exclusive releases.

So, you play mostly on the system where the multiplats are lesser quality because you like the exclusive games that haven't come out yet this year.

Got it. Citizen of a parallel universe, it is.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I'll give you my reasons. The library is just so much more appealing. I have Ori, Halo: MCC, Forza Horizon 2, D4, Sunset Overdrive, and DR3. All which cannot be played on PS4. The controller is better, the online is better, the multiplat differences are so minor you can't tell a difference. Why do you think there's never any comparison videos of screenshots posted? Because everyone would see how marginal the difference is. If you're not a fan of Bloodborne, which I'm not. The PS4 is a crap console right now, which sales well due to fanboy idiots and misinformed consumers. Sorry to rain on the cow circle jerk parade in here. Your console is trash at the moment.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Closed group word of mouth/friends.

Exclusive preference.

Better deal at time of purchase.

I doubt most are buying X1's for external HDD support, TV functionalities nor Kinect 2.0.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Because of exclusives. There is really none on Xbox outside Forza but I don't consider annuals to be AAA titles.

*edit

Oh you meant vice versa. In that case people are just CoD dudebros

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

They're 95% the same game libraries, and some people prefer the 5% of Xbox exclusives and PC-shared multiplats over the 5% of Sony exclusives/PC multiplats.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Thread went full SW fast.

I don't know. Friends that own the same console. Lineup. Just being okay with having one console. Just reasons SW can't get behind, because the people here are fueled by the SW game, and like poo they can distance themselves from it.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

The X1, Better Console, controller and games. I also own a PS4 for the couple of games worth playing!

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

This is only true because sony can't schedule releases properly and delays happen. Or you ignore things like rare replay which will release in two and a half weeks...

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I dunno...but seriously, how do you stay loyal to a system that was like "Our overpriced web cam is here to stay and will have features and games that no one else has or will have" then turns around and stops bundling it or even selling it....I dunno at this point.

I'd be pissed.

I guess Halo without Bungie is worth something to some ppl.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#28  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38027 Posts

@indzman said:

Xbox one is a solid system but i don't think its library is great as PS 4 till now.To them who own/ prefer Xbox one over PS 4 is it because of upcoming games as Halo 5, Scalebound, Quantum Break or because of its current games as MCC collection, Sunset Overdrive, Forza V ETC or some other reason as better online service system, graphics, backwards compability ETC ?

That really is your answer. Others, like me, DO THINK. When I bought the X1, DR3 was exclusive and even when to PC, I didn't have a PC that could run it. Same with Ryse but that game was mediocre anyway. For me its the controller, a more stable online, a larger friends list because many I served with would rather buy an American company who supported troops abroad. I like this week on Xbox, and other community things like that.

And yes, the upcoming games appeal to me more. I don't care about Persona 5, Tales of anus or whatever, and most JRPGs. Not my thing. I haven't been disappointed by Platinum so Scalebound, I cant wait to see this month; Crackdown, QB of course. The last game I liked a lot from Rare was Banjo nuts n bolts so I hope Sea of Thieves is along with that; Recore I need to see more of but I like the Dev's other work.

I want my Uncharted 4, Horizon and maybe one other. Looking forward to see what's up with GoW. But the other stuff, especially the JRPG stuff I don't give a rats ass for.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 locopatho

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I dunno...but seriously, how do you stay loyal to a system that was like "Our overpriced web cam is here to stay and will have features and games that no one else has or will have" then turns around and stops bundling it or even selling it....I dunno at this point.

I'd be pissed.

The Kinect was shit and it being abandoned has vastly improved the system.

"I'd be pissed" - No, you're just pissed they actually made the Xbox worthy competition to the PS4 very quickly, instead of leaving it as a joke KinectBox.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@locopatho said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

I'd be pissed.

The Kinect was shit and it being abandoned has vastly improved the system.

"I'd be pissed" - No, you're just pissed they actually made the Xbox worthy competition to the PS4 very quickly, instead of leaving it as a joke KinectBox.

X1....competition.....AHAAHAHAHHA....

No.

I'd be pissed and anyone who says they wouldn't be is either lying or doesn't mind getting fucked in the ass.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Maybe some people prefer more social oriented approach and the fact most Xbox One console exclusives or bona fide ones have multiplayer component or are entirely focused on MP, just like Titanfall.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mr_Huggles_dog

@Salt_The_Fries: Very true. Titanfall is a good example of how bots in multiplayer can be very social.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cainetao11

@Shewgenja said:
@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:

You're kind of the case in point, though. I mean, it's not really about the PS4's exclusive lineup or WiiU or even PC for you guys. You will sit here with soundbite after excuse after marketing memo trying to make this console into something for... shocker.. people who don't give a toss about MSes exclusives. All the while, defending MSes decisions not to give people who are not in your fold a reason to jump in. As if people have to buy an Xbox in order to even have a valid opinion about gaming in your eyes.

No, Kingtito, you will just sit here and lambast people for using common sense and not joining your love parade for a weaker system that still hasn't even had a big exclusive all year. Call us fanboys or whatever other sorry excuse you have to not see the wool in your own eyes.

When have I ever tried to sell anyone on this console?

I just recently told someone who PREFERRED the xbox line up but couldn't get Live in his country to go PS4. Your feelings are so integrated into this and its so obvious. You anal leakage glows in the dark at this point. Play your console, love your console dude. I, and others prefer the lineup on another.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: More human than you.

And **** you, Cranler.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mr_Huggles_dog

@Salt_The_Fries: It was an unnecessary jab.

And I apologize.

I can honestly see how TF appeals to some. I just didn't like it when I had a free weekend on Origin.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

While Sony would like you to believe that there is some huge graphical disparity between the XB1, and the PS4... The reality is that there isn't. Side by side comparisons look pretty much the same.

Once you figure that out, it's a pretty easy decision to make. The XB1 literally does everything else better than the PS4. Cows will cry about Halo, and Forza, but the truth is that the PS4 has nothing that competes with those two games. Driveclub offers no customization, few cars, even fewer tracks, and a joke of multiplayer. Killzone was supposed to compete with Halo, but we all know how that turned out.

Games like Sunset Overdrive, Ori and the blind Forest, Titanfall, and Ryse aren't on the PS4. All of those are quality games. Some people would prefer to play those over Infamous SS, Bloodborne, and The Order.

The XB1 also has lots of good games coming up as well with Forza 6, Tomb Raider, Gears of War, Recore, and Rare Replay coming up, along with Sea of Thieves, Scalebound, and Quantum Break. The PS4 has Uncharted 4 coming out next year, but most of it's other big games are coming out in 2017.

Aside from all that, the XB1 easily has the upper hand. XB1's controller is widely regarded as being superior to the DS4. Voice chat clarity is far better on XB1, Apps such as Twitch, and Skype work perfectly, and if you're into sports then the XB1 is a no brainer.

Cows will mention how most multiplats run better on PS4. It's their bread and butter at the moment. The fact is, is that again... There is really no noticeable difference between the two visually. Games that often look better on PS4, often run better on the XB1. The only real difference on multiplats is for games like COD, Battlefield, Fifa, Madden, or pretty much any other multiplayer game. All those will perform better on the XB1, as XBL is far better, and stable than PSN. Why would someone play COD or Battlefield on PS4 with all that downtime.

In top of all that, the XB1 is cheaper than the PS4, making it an even better financial investment.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cainetao11

@kinectthedots said:
@indzman said:

(reasons)

And I'd go full COW if I could save those five service members who were killed this week. Such a shame

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cainetao11

@Shewgenja said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

So, you play mostly on the system where the multiplats are lesser quality because you like the exclusive games that haven't come out yet this year.

Got it. Citizen of a parallel universe, it is.

That's what happened with PS3 last gen. It didn't have a plethora of releases every year early on, but people who preferred its exclusives bought the lesser multiplats on it none the less. Why act like this is bad or new?

I bought Arkham Knight for X1 because I have my BEST army friend to play co op with on X1. That shits on resolution or extra content for me any day. My buddy has PTSD and is 80% disabled now. I'll buy anything he asks me to buy on X1 to keep him laughing and his spirits up.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@indzman: @kinectthedots: @NoodleFighter: @Shewgenja: @rrjim1: @freedomfreak: @cainetao11: @locopatho: @mr_huggles_dog:

REasons enough, microsoft is way bigger name when it comes to operatings systems, gaming and consoles. They invented directx and owned sony since the beginning. The fact that the ps4 is a bit better at resolution doesn't really matter. I can run a windows pc at 4k, also run by microsoft. Not to mention the x1 has better framerates sometimes.

I can't trust a console manufacturer with my account in 2011, sorry I can trust you later on as well.

More sports content, that matters for me, that pele player has a street value of 1500$ the first 2 quarters of a new fifa.

LAst but not least, the controller, sony still uses that stick setup from the end nineties lol. If course if that's your thing, be my guest, but the x1/360 stick setup has been proven more ergonomic.

Sony may be a nice system if you prefer their exclusives but apart from that i see no reason why you would buy a ps4. The resolution difference is of course a reason as well, but the ps4 struggles to do 1080p in a lot of games, the cpu has a hard time catching up.

If you want better graphics , you should get a pc.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cainetao11

@waahahah said:
@Shewgenja said:

This is only true because sony can't schedule releases properly and delays happen. Or you ignore things like rare replay which will release in two and a half weeks...

Its not a "true" exclusive because those games were on other platforms. SW dude. Their own definitions whether they apply to what a person wishes to buy now or not.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By locopatho

@mr_huggles_dog said:

X1....competition.....AHAAHAHAHHA....

No.

I'd be pissed and anyone who says they wouldn't be is either lying or doesn't mind getting fucked in the ass.

It's getting the exact same multiplats as PS4, but with better exclusives, this year for sure and possibly next year too. So, YES, it is clearly competing, and doing very well.

You just wish it was a shitty KinectBox like it was at launch. It'd suit your Sony cocksucking agenda better.

Back when Xbone launched, it was just casually dismissed. Now that it has improved so massively, all the Cows have shit their pants and have to go "on the offensive" against it. Lol.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

@commander: Your post gave me diarrhea. I'm okay with this.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 waahahah

@cainetao11 said:
@waahahah said:
@Shewgenja said:

Its not a "true" exclusive because those games were on other platforms. SW dude. Their own definitions whether they apply to what a person wishes to buy now or not.

There is no mention of exclusive, not sure your point matters.

SamusBeliskner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SamusBeliskner
Member since 2015 • 569 Posts

If I were gaming on a console, I wouldn't mind having either, but I'd probably pick the PS4 because it has uncharted and will get Tomb raider as well, even though it does have the shittier controller. A better question is: "Why game on a console?"

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Shewgenja: No I play the majority of multiplats on the PC but thanks for your concern

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cainetao11

@waahahah said:
@cainetao11 said:
@waahahah said:
@Shewgenja said:

Have the games on Rare Replay been on other platforms in the past?

That's why I mentioned it. And it will be ignored by Cows

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cainetao11

@commander: Yup. I am looking forward to being able to stream X1 games on a low priced lap top via Windows 10. Great time killer in between classes

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 waahahah

@cainetao11 said:
@waahahah said:
@cainetao11 said:
@waahahah said:
@Shewgenja said:

Have the games on Rare Replay been on other platforms in the past?

That's why I mentioned it.

And it doesn't matter. No one mentioned exclusive, Microsoft is releasing games in the summer... your point is irrelevant.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cainetao11

@waahahah: I edited as to why it is relevant. I am not simply a reactionary human being. Maybe you are, which if waiting for stimulus would make you irrelevant.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Shewgenja

@cainetao11 said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:

When have I ever tried to sell anyone on this console?

I just recently told someone who PREFERRED the xbox line up but couldn't get Live in his country to go PS4. Your feelings are so integrated into this and its so obvious. You anal leakage glows in the dark at this point. Play your console, love your console dude. I, and others prefer the lineup on another.

Alt account confirmed?