Why do the majority of people prefer gaming on consoles rather than Pc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

Consoles are easier to set up for me. Also you can't play Nintendo games on the PC legally.

johnny27

:lol: like that will stop anyone :|

actually it is legal if you own the game

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

The 3 games I've played on PC have failed to work more times than all of my other games combined in their history.

washd123

$10 bucks said something about them not working was your fault somewhere.

like me coming in and saying i put the disk upside down and the game didnt play.

:roll: Right, I did something wrong, it's impossible for a platform where no two individual systems are alike to mess up.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Theguy56"]

I play both but:

1.) Exclusives

2.) PC has a lack of genres outside FPS, RTS and MMOs.

Theguy56

Well there's also racing, sims... old school adventures.

I know but unfortunately I don't like those besides old school adventures so I need more systems to provide all genres.

Well more then half your rated games are on PC I beleive... and well, every console is lacking games that the other system has.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

The 3 games I've played on PC have failed to work more times than all of my other games combined in their history.

789shadow

Right... and what was the name of the game?

Spore, World in Conflict, and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Well I had no probleme playing Spore... other games I have not tried. Sounds like you have a probleme in general with your PC.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

Wow are some of these that blind to common sense? Alot of people spent $400-$700+ on consoles when they came out, just as much as you would spend on a good Pc today, Proof? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227200&cm_re=ibuypower-_-83-227-200-_-Product , This Pc is 2-3x more powerful then any of the consoles and its $560. You can reuse Computer montiors and use your HDTV for your Pc so that arguement is mute. No controller on Pc bah hum bug, you can hook up any controller to Pc and go. Pc's hard to use , HA! you people spend time learning how to use the console UI and Vista and now Windows 7 are very easy to use. Problems on Pc prevent me from playing or hate using it, :lol: The consoles have the alot of issues too, E74,RROD Drive problems, games being patched because of bugs. Online issues , hosting problems, Bricking etc. Theres nothing wrong with consoles but when poeple spew false information and come out with incoherent reasons why Pc gaming is bad, just shows you that they they in deinal or live under a rock.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Right... and what was the name of the game?

Bebi_vegeta

Well I had no probleme playing Spore... other games I have not tried. Sounds like you have a probleme in general with your PC.

Yeah, it's called it being a PC. PC gaming is like owning a Mercedes or BMW. You're clearly getting a superb technical product, but it breaks. Too much.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#107 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts

[QUOTE="johnny27"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

Consoles are easier to set up for me. Also you can't play Nintendo games on the PC legally.

washd123

:lol: like that will stop anyone :|

actually it is legal if you own the game

Thing is,they usually don´t.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 04dcarraher

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

Yeah, it's called it being a PC. PC gaming is like owning a Mercedes or BMW. You're clearly getting a superb technical product, but it breaks. Too much.

Breaks too much HA! Look at the 360, it has a 50% chance of something breaking that prevents you from usingwithin the first year in use.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

apparently free online, cheaper games, mods, better performance and graphics are not decisive factors in choosing Pc over the consoles.

I don't think it's because of the price either..cause I mean, look at how expensive console games and accessories are. so what is it? lack of games on Pc? commercial? laziness?

pitty8982

Because not everyone has an uber PC that can run the latest and greatest games. Mods are great, but they are still for (mostly) the hardcore PC crowd who likes to tinker around with their games. Console gaming is more casual, game setup is much easier, etc.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

Well seems I have a ferari, because I haven't had probleme that you encountered. And I could show you my Steam list, probably have more games then your consoles combined... and that's not even counting the rest of my PC collection.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

04dcarraher

Breaks too much HA! Look at the 360, it has a 50% chance of breaking within the first year in use.

You seem to think the only thing classified under "breaking" is fatal system errors. It's all the little niggling issues that crop up on PC that make it the most error prone way to play games.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Bebi_vegeta

Well seems I have a ferari, because I haven't had probleme that you encountered. And I could show you my Steam list, probably have more games then your consoles combined... and that's not even counting the rest of my PC collection.

How do you know you haven't had the same problems as me?

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#113 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts
The PC is and always will be the most played gaming platform, believe it or not. Gen after gen each console released disappears after a few years while PC gaming ha remain rock-solid for a long time and this gen in particular shows that console gaming is on its way out, consoles try harder to be PCs every gen. AgentA-Mi6
LOL wut? on thier way out?? give me proof other than "they're trying to be like PC's" PSN is tryingg to be like XBL is it on its way out too? Consoles are main stream and caus less worry and are less of a hassle. Devs like them because of no piracy. people like them because of sofas.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#114 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

A lot of people don't want to pay for a gaming computer, and also a lot of people don't realize the PC plays most of the same games as consoles.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

Breaks too much HA! Look at the 360, it has a 50% chance of breaking within the first year in use.

You seem to think the only thing classified under "breaking" is fatal system errors. It's all the little niggling issues that crop up on PC that make it the most error prone way to play games.

Disk scratch count?

For some, geting baned?

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

How do you know you haven't had the same problems as me?

Because I can play every single games? Including spore... are you following the argument?

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#117 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Playing on PC is a hassle. Everyone doesn't like that.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Arach666

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

You are aware that german cars(those especially)are one of the most reliable and durable cars on the market. I should know,since I own a 2005 BMW 320i,and it has not failed me yet.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"] Breaks too much HA! Look at the 360, it has a 50% chance of breaking within the first year in use.Bebi_vegeta

Disk scratch count?

For some, geting baned?

Disk scratching? You mean moving your console while it's running when you're clearly not supposed to?

And no, I have never gotten banned from a console for breaking the rules of use.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 washd123

:roll: Right, I did something wrong, it's impossible for a platform where no two individual systems are alike to mess up.

789shadow

and putting words in my mouth cool.

no, but the majority of errors are user errors, the amount of errors that occur simply from a game being a game are about the same as on the consoles.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Bebi_vegeta

Playing on PC is a hassle. Everyone doesn't like that.RK-Mara

I find it more annoying that my PS3 controler doesn't always work on the first try...

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Arach666

You are aware that german cars(those especially)are one of the most reliable and durable cars on the market. I should know,since I own a 2005 BMW 320i,and it has not failed me yet.

Hmm, lets see, who to believe, Consumer Reports, or you?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 04dcarraher
[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"][QUOTE="789shadow"]

Well if they stop going to the pron sites and have basic knowledge how to protect, and prevent issues. There wont be any issue. And with Vista and Win 7 are almost idiot proof.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

Disk scratch count?

For some, geting baned?

Disk scratching? You mean moving your console while it's running when you're clearly not supposed to?

And no, I have never gotten banned from a console for breaking the rules of use.

The disc scractching occurs with a console on its side, or mainly the 360 this generation, either way it happens.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

Disk scratch count?

For some, geting baned?

Sir, search the forum for disk scratch... it's a common probleme.

So, because you haven't gotten banned, it's not a probleme for the Xbox360? Yes, because changer the fan in the Xbox is clearly breaking the "rules", people who wanted to prevent a RROD... shame on them.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#126 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Wow are some of these that blind to common sense? Alot of people spent $400-$700+ on consoles when they came out, just as much as you would spend on a good Pc today, Proof? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227200&cm_re=ibuypower-_-83-227-200-_-Product , This Pc is 2-3x more powerful then any of the consoles and its $560. You can reuse Computer montiors and use your HDTV for your Pc so that arguement is mute. No controller on Pc bah hum bug, you can hook up any controller to Pc and go. Pc's hard to use , HA! you people spend time learning how to use the console UI and Vista and now Windows 7 are very easy to use. Problems on Pc prevent me from playing or hate using it, :lol: The consoles have the alot of issues too, E74,RROD Drive problems, games being patched because of bugs. Online issues , hosting problems, Bricking etc. Theres nothing wrong with consoles but when poeple spew false information and come out with incoherent reasons why Pc gaming is bad, just shows you that they they in deinal or live under a rock.

04dcarraher

Denial huh? What if PC doesn't have the games I care about? Ever thought about that one? Final Fantasy XIII, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Last Guardian, Dragon Quest X, Tales of Graces. Are those games on PC? Why exactly should I strive to own a PC for games I'm not interested in?

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Arach666

[QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

Can you provide a link?
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Disk scratch count?

For some, geting baned?

Bebi_vegeta

So, because you haven't gotten banned, it's not a probleme for the Xbox360? Yes, because changer the fan in the Xbox is clearly breaking the "rules", people who wanted to prevent a RROD... shame on them.

Oh, so that makes it justifiable to break the rules? And I'm sure the vast majority of them weren't modding their consoles to play games illegally.....

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="Arach666"] You are aware that german cars(those especially)are one of the most reliable and durable cars on the market. I should know,since I own a 2005 BMW 320i,and it has not failed me yet.Arach666

Can you provide a link?

Next time their comphrehensive car ratings issue comes out, check it.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

Bigboi500

Denial huh? What if PC doesn't have the games I care about? Ever thought about that one? Final Fantasy XIII, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Last Guardian, Dragon Quest X, Tales of Graces. Are those games on PC? Why exactly should I strive to own a PC for games I'm not interested in?

Show me "one console" that play all thoses games and that can also play PC games.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

Oh, so that makes it justifiable to break the rules? And I'm sure the vast majority of them weren't modding their consoles to play games illegally.....

What rules are you talking about? Can you list them?

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Bebi_vegeta

How about not modding your console?

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

It's illegal to mod your Xbox now?

I guess all theses people are breaking rules

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=xbox+360+cases&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=w4MuS9HdFYfdlAfdjZyTBw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCUQsAQwAw

ZX89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ZX89
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

For one I can't game on a PC because I don't have one, and two my couch is more comfy then the computer chair.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 washd123

789shadow

how about you just end this here

you are not a pc gamer, so far everything youve mentioned is pure ignorance of pc gaming.

therefore any point you try and make about pc gaming is irrelevant.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 washd123

For one I can't game on a PC because I don't have one, and two my couch is more comfy then the computer chair.

ZX89

for me its my bed, which is why i game on my pc so i can kick back and relax on my bed

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#137 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="04dcarraher"]

Bebi_vegeta

Show me "one console" that play all thoses games and that can also play PC games.

Why should I care if those games are not all on one system? I'm perfectly happy with my Wii and PS3.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Bebi_vegeta

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=xbox+360+cases&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=w4MuS9HdFYfdlAfdjZyTBw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCUQsAQwAw

All the warranties on those 360's are now void. And modding your console to download and play games illegally is what gets you banned.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Bebi_vegeta

ZX89

Why do people always have bad/not comfy computer chairs?

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

All the warranties on those 360's are now void. And modding your console to download and play games illegally is what gets you banned.

What does warranty and Xbox banning have anything do?

They modded there consoles for viewing pleasure or to prevent the RROD that Microsoft can barely fix.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

washd123

how about you just end this here

you are not a pc gamer, so far everything youve mentioned is pure ignorance of pc gaming.

therefore any point you try and make about pc gaming is irrelevant.

And I'm sure your opinion is automatically not biased because you do play on PC.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Bebi_vegeta

They modded there consoles for viewing pleasure or to prevent the RROD that Microsoft can barely fix.

I'm not talking about modding apperance, I'm talking about modding consoles to allow piracy.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 washd123

And I'm sure your opinion is automatically not biased because you do play on PC.

789shadow

this isnt about opinion though.

and actually my 'opinion' would hold more weight, youre holds absolutly none.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

I'm not talking about modding apperance, I'm talking about modding consoles to allow piracy.

Yes and i'm saying people got banned for changing the poor cooling of the Xbox.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

washd123

this isnt about opinion though.

and actually my 'opinion' would hold more weight, youre holds absolutly none.

How would your opinion hold more weight just by being a PC gamer?

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Bebi_vegeta

And where does Microsoft say they banned people for that?

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

And where does Microsoft say they banned people for that?

Again, read some forums dude... is gamespot your only source of information?

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 washd123

How would your opinion hold more weight just by being a PC gamer?

789shadow

'pc games break just as often'

well how would you know that if youre not a pc gamer?

its like me claiming that my jetta is a better driving experience than a chevy cobolt without ever having driven one

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

PCs get free online? When did this happen?