Why do the majority of people prefer gaming on consoles rather than Pc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pitty8982
Member since 2008 • 1072 Posts

apparently free online, cheaper games, mods, better performance and graphics are not decisive factors in choosing Pc over the consoles.

I don't think it's because of the price either..cause I mean, look at how expensive console games and accessories are. so what is it? lack of games on Pc? commercial? laziness?

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

The real question is.. why are you making up things?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

They don't like building PCs, there's a lot to it, I do, and even then I game on consoles for the exclusives and multiplats you can't get on PC. Also, friends as well for multiplats that are also on PC.

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

apparently free online, cheaper games, mods, better performance and graphics are not decisive factors in choosing Pc over the consoles.

I don't think it's because of the price either..cause I mean, look at how expensive console games and accessories are. so what is it? lack of games on Pc? commercial? laziness?

pitty8982

Maybe because a lot of PC games don't fit a lot of console gamers needs?

No... that can't be it:roll:

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
The PC is and always will be the most played gaming platform, believe it or not. Gen after gen each console released disappears after a few years while PC gaming ha remain rock-solid for a long time and this gen in particular shows that console gaming is on its way out, consoles try harder to be PCs every gen.
Avatar image for SLIisaownsystem
SLIisaownsystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SLIisaownsystem
Member since 2009 • 964 Posts

They don't like building PCs, there's a lot to it, I do, and even then I game on consoles for the exclusives and multiplats you can't get on PC. Also, friends as well for multiplats that are also on PC.

mitu123

but if every game would exist on PC you would only keep spending money in your rig????

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

pitty8982

Like erm... Sofa?
Not worrying if a game works on your rig or not. etc.

Consoles its just shove the disc in, get something to drink, lay back and relax... :D

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sakura_Ex

What's up with PC gamers trying to convert console gamers into PC gamers here lately?

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

What's up with PC gamers trying to convert console gamers into PC gamers here lately?

sakura_Ex

I don't see any of that going on in this thread.. only baseless statements.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

SLIisaownsystem

but if every game would exist on PC you would only keep spending money in your rig????

Yes, exactly, I already did it this year to play most games at high settings, and next year should be even better.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
Theres 250 million console gamers? yea I dont think so.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Well there is the cost, time, and effort used in maintaining a gaming PC.

That and a majority of the developers have abandoned it for consoles.

Or they could simple hate keyboard and mouse.:P

DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DarthBilf
Member since 2004 • 1357 Posts

pitty8982
Are you really saying PC gaming is less expensive than console gaming?
sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sakura_Ex

[QUOTE="sakura_Ex"]

Espada12

I see threads like these every other week.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Consoles are easier to set up for me. Also you can't play Nintendo games on the PC legally.

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

why do people bother driving regular sports cars when they can drive customized sports cars.

They look better, perform better, better driving, more fun, ect.

The fact is not everybody has the knowledge to keep up w/ the genre.

W/ a console I buy the console and that's pretty much all I need to know. I buy a pc I'm looking at all my options for components: which brands are better? ASUS, biostar, ATI, Nvidia? what OS to get? Vista, XP, 7, Mac, linux? should I spend more for better performance?

PC gaming is an enthusiast platform... hence why most people who just want to play a game buy consoles.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Preference. Consoles are easier and cheaper.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dercoo

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="sakura_Ex"]

sakura_Ex

I see threads like these every other week.

What are you talking about.

It is more like every week.

Avatar image for SLIisaownsystem
SLIisaownsystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SLIisaownsystem
Member since 2009 • 964 Posts

Consoles are easier to set up for me. Also you can't play Nintendo games on the PC legally.

Nintendo_Ownes7

You can. If you own an original copy, you are allowed to play the emu.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Birdy09

dercoo
70% of developers work on pc games, thats the highest percentage by a large margin. so yea, PC has been soooo abandoned :roll:
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

I know I hate DRM and I don't use steam either. And before you say DRM is overblown, I've had to remove programs to play games I've paid for.

YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#22 YoBrandino
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts

Console gaming is just so much more accessable. I'll game on my PC from time to time, but it really is never as smooth and much more of a hassle. People in general like simplicity. Modding a game may add alot to the experience, but the general public are not knowledgeable enough to partake in it anyways. Loading, dealing with comp specifications, keyboard vs. controller, OS compatability, computer location vs. TV loacation, comfort of computer chair vs. couch, Viewing on monitor vs. TV screen, dealing with massive game settings, crashes, freezes, messed up audio, messed up visual, abiity to trade used games in, buying used games for consoles can be cheaper, etc. Consoles are mostly plug and play, hassle free, simple, and get alot more attention. These are reasons.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#23 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
It's easier and it's more advertised.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 topgunmv

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

Birdy09

70% of developers work on pc games, thats the highest percentage by a large margin. so yea, PC has been soooo abandoned :roll:

Randy from gearbox said it best.

"It's difficult to know whether your customer has a high-end gaming machine or a 4 year old computer with intel integrated graphics. Ultimately, though, that versatility of the platform means the PC won't be the dominant platform, but it also means it will never go away."

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dercoo

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

Birdy09

Most of those (beside exceptions Valve) won't even meet the quality standard of a EA sub company ( also excluding bioware, their good underling).

I exclude companies that don't make games up to current E3 standards.

Josh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Josh2
Member since 2003 • 301 Posts
I use my PC for games and recreation. You need a console for games and a PC for recreation. I don't have the best PC but it does the job, the only thing I need to upgrade is the graphics card.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dercoo

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="dercoo"]

topgunmv

"It's difficult to know whether your customer has a high-end gaming machine or a 4 year old computer with intel integrated graphics. Ultimately, though, that versatility of the platform means the PC won't be the dominant platform, but it also means it will never go away."

I agree to this. I always said PC gaming won't die (short of it going out with the human race), but its time in the spotlight is over.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

SLIisaownsystem

This is false.

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pitty8982

The real question is.. why are you making up things?

Espada12
making up things? could you be any more cryptic?
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Because not everyone wants to play games on PC?
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 topgunmv

[QUOTE="SLIisaownsystem"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

MonsieurX

This is false.

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

Cite your sourse. There is obviously a reason these huge rom sites aren't forced to be taken down, and backup copy is usually the reason they give.

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cowgriller
Member since 2008 • 3153 Posts

in a word: convenience.

you don't have to worry about game/system requirements to play the game the way it's meant to be played. you don't have to worry about drm (as much). you don't have to worry about hardware upgrades (only buying a new system once every 5 or more years). you don't have to worry about the game crashing or freezing. most gamers are willing to trade off some eye candy for convenience and usability.

pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pitty8982

Console gaming is just so much more accessable. I'll game on my PC from time to time, but it really is never as smooth and much more of a hassle. People in general like simplicity. Modding a game may add alot to the experience, but the general public are not knowledgeable enough to partake in it anyways. Loading, dealing with comp specifications, keyboard vs. controller, OS compatability, computer location vs. TV loacation, comfort of computer chair vs. couch, Viewing on monitor vs. TV screen, dealing with massive game settings, crashes, freezes, messed up audio, messed up visual, abiity to trade used games in, buying used games for consoles can be cheaper, etc. Consoles are mostly plug and play, hassle free, simple, and get alot more attention. These are reasons.

YoBrandino
I see your point
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PrimusGears
Member since 2008 • 1594 Posts

PC gaming is more indepth, lacks the support, and is overall more annoying to get your game up to date and ready to go. Trust me on that, plus you can have driver problems and other things that are just flat out annoying. BF2 was the last PC game I took seriously, as it was released way too early and was a great game but it was harder to get it working than actually playing the game. Console gaming is quick easy and ready to go.

pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pitty8982

in a word: convenience.

you don't have to worry about game/system requirements to play the game the way it's meant to be played. you don't have to worry about drm (as much). you don't have to worry about hardware upgrades (only buying a new system once every 5 or more years). you don't have to worry about the game crashing or freezing. most gamers are willing to trade off some eye candy for convenience and usability.

cowgriller
thanks for your opinion as well. I thought about making myself a good gaming rig for xmas, but you people listed some cons about Pc I hadn't taken into account.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

I don't possess the technical expertise to build a gaming PC, nor do I have the €400 to €1,000 to purchase parts for a gaming PC.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Ease of use.

Less upgrades.

Rentals.

Japanese games.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hexagon_777

The real question is.. why are you making up things?Espada12

What did he make up? :?

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

theres a few reasons

1. they take online seriously and most of their friends are on the consoles

2. they prefer the exclusives on the consoles over the ones on the pc.

other than that pure ignorance or simple prejudice. those are the only two legit reasons to game on a console over a pc.

consoles no longer are any easier to use than a pc. consoles are no longer less expensive than a comparable pc. consoles barely have split screen so thats out the window. you upgrade a pc as often as you change consoles.

seriously if its not those top 2 reasons its the bottom 2

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

There is just more creativity on consoles. The uncharted series, LBP, the Rachett and Clank series, Demons Souls, Forza 3, more fighting games, more platformers, more rpg's, more racing games. Even fps like Killzone 2, the Halo series, Resistance series etc get more attention on consoles. When was the last big budget fps released on PC? Its been awhile huh? Yeah, Crysis 2 is coming......

I am not saying pc gaming is bad , but it is lacking a large variety of games that are interesting to a lot of people. RTS and strategy games just dont carry the same appeal.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

theres a few reasons

other than that pure ignorance or simple prejudice. those are the only two legit reasons to game on a console over a pc.

consoles no longer are any easier to use than a pc. consoles are no longer less expensive than a comparable pc. consoles barely have split screen so thats out the window. you upgrade a pc as often as you change consoles.

washd123

So I can get a good gaming PC for $299 now?

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Hexagon_777

What's up with PC gamers trying to convert console gamers into PC gamers here lately?sakura_Ex

I would gladly comply if I didn't already have a Wii, PS3 and DS and if they guided me through every step.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
I prefer consoles over PC any day 1.less of a hassle,bought a TV,Bought a game,got the HDMI,bought the console,done. 2. games,i see absoultely nothing interesting on the PC (for me) 3.RPGs,Shooters arent my things 4,Pirates
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Birdy09

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] 70% of developers work on pc games, thats the highest percentage by a large margin. so yea, PC has been soooo abandoned :roll:dercoo

I agree to this. I always said PC gaming won't die (short of it going out with the human race), but its time in the spotlight is over.

So other than 2009 which it lost in AAAs, and dominated in AAs.... every single year it has had the largest quality library, ontop of that many console developers bring games across to the PC more than ever. Sales and Revanue has been increasing yearly, and the casual market is even bigger than the Wiis. So how on earth is it not in any "spotlight"? no... marketing doesnt make consoles the top dog, sorry but it doesnt, people are not as ignorant as lot of people make out here.
chaotzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chaotzu
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts
1. My friends don't have high end PCs so we both can play 2. Easier to use 3. I have a crappy PC that can barely run Yahoo Word Racer, but If I had a high PC I wouldn't risk putting too much stress on it by trying to play Crisis 4. Don't like MMO's and RTS's. Can't play Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#46 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="washd123"]

theres a few reasons

Bigboi500

Can you get a console + HDTV for $299?
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 washd123

There is just more creativity on consoles. The uncharted series, LBP, the Rachett and Clank series, Demons Souls, Forza 3, more fighting games, more platformers, more rpg's, more racing games. Even fps like Killzone 2, the Halo series, Resistance series etc get more attention on consoles. When was the last big budget fps released on PC? Its been awhile huh? Yeah, Crysis 2 is coming......I am not saying pc gaming is bad , but it is lacking a large variety of games that are interesting to a lot of people. RTS and strategy games just dont carry the same appeal.

Videodogg

stop you right there. console games have always gotten more attention, however attention does not mean good. crysis and halo 3 got the same score at the same time yet which one got more attention? and more RPGs and racing games? no. thats flat out false.

and pc games dont need big budgets to sell. again like attention big budget doesnt mean good.

yes because we all know that the onl thing pc has is RTS FPS and WoW

please people do some research before you post **** is it so hard to go to the pc section of GS and click the games and look? this **** gets tiresome.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 washd123

Bigboi500

did i say that? i said owning a pc is just as cheap as a console. not the hardware itself.

youll end up spending more in game expenses than i will, if on the 360 more to go online, in the end youll spend at worst close to what id spend on the pc. not to mention whenever the next gen comes if you want to updgrade you have to buy a whole new system i wont again cheaper.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mitu123

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="washd123"]

theres a few reasons

Arach666

Can you get a console + HDTV for $299?

I use a PC monitor for my consoles, and there's a converter for older consoles...