Why do the majority of people prefer gaming on consoles rather than Pc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

12345678ew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 12345678ew
Member since 2008 • 2353 Posts
there is no good universal chat on pc. yes there's xfire and all that, but that isn't supported in all games, it's glitchy, can crash out at times, and has a cruddy UI.
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

Are you on drugs?Videodogg

no. i just dont like ignorance.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 washd123

there is no good universal chat on pc. yes there's xfire and all that, but that isn't supported in all games, it's glitchy, can crash out at times, and has a cruddy UI.12345678ew

whatd you use like xfire .0001 alpha?

steam has cross game chat as well. theres options

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 washd123

Can you get a console + HDTV for $299?Arach666

who said anything about a hdtv?

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]So I can get a good gaming PC for $299 now?

mitu123

Can you get a console + HDTV for $299?

I use a PC monitor for my consoles, and there's a converter for older consoles...

So in other words you have to add the price of the monitor aswell, since we have to >>, so itsnot a $299 gaming experiance is it?
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"]Can you get a console + HDTV for $299?washd123

who said anything about a hdtv?

Um, i have had my hdtv for years... i did not know i had to buy a new hdtv everytime i bought a new console.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
there is no good universal chat on pc. yes there's xfire and all that, but that isn't supported in all games, it's glitchy, can crash out at times, and has a cruddy UI.12345678ew
Wrong, Wrong and Wrong. The Xfire Chat doesnt need a games support to use the chat feature, regaurdless saying PC gaming has a worse chat system is obsurd... Skype is better than Xbox Live let alone the other options. Its not glitchy and it doesnt crash... are you running windows 95 or just talking crap? The UI is easy.... grasping at straws. Id like to see the consoles stream/broadcast game footage like xfire does.. xfire is far ahead of xbox live in communication.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#58 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Arach666"] Can you get a console + HDTV for $299?Birdy09

I use a PC monitor for my consoles, and there's a converter for older consoles...

So in other words you have to add the price of the monitor aswell, since we have to >>, so itsnot a $299 gaming experiance is it?

You have a point there.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 washd123

Um, i have had my hdtv for years... i did not know i had to buy a new hdtv everytime i bought a new console.Videodogg

i never said anything about an hdtv, the other guy brought it up and its as stupid as including the monitor in the price of a pc.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Not enough games appeal to me on the PC. Sure you've got all the multiplats that they consoles have but most of my favorite games are exclusives that are not available on the PC. My favorite genre in games is action/adventure hack n slash games like God of War. There is not much selection on the PC that fit this genre. I think Devil May Cry 4 is on there but that might be about it. I know it doesn't have God of War or Ninja Gaiden, and those are my favorites.

Also, 2 big genres on the PC are RTS and MMO, neither of which interest me. I think 6 of the 12 AAA games on the PC fall into those genre (not saying AAA games are the only games worth playing, just using them since they are they "best" games on there). There is also The Sims 3 which does not interest me either.

I don't think the PC is bad or anything, it just doesn't appeal to me. It just comes down to preference.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="washd123"]

theres a few reasons

1. they take online seriously and most of their friends are on the consoles

2. they prefer the exclusives on the consoles over the ones on the pc.

other than that pure ignorance or simple prejudice. those are the only two legit reasons to game on a console over a pc.

consoles no longer are any easier to use than a pc. consoles are no longer less expensive than a comparable pc. consoles barely have split screen so thats out the window. you upgrade a pc as often as you change consoles.

seriously if its not those top 2 reasons its the bottom 2

Arach666

So I can get a good gaming PC for $299 now?

Can you get a console + HDTV for $299?

HDTVs are NOT required to play games. :?

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#62 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts

[QUOTE="Videodogg"]Um, i have had my hdtv for years... i did not know i had to buy a new hdtv everytime i bought a new console.washd123

i never said anything about an hdtv, the other guy brought it up and its as stupid as including the monitor in the price of a pc.

Sure it´s stupid,you wouldn´t need a "gimmick"like a TV or a monitor to play games,now wouldn´t you?

You just need to pick the controller or keyboard\mouse and then play the games through your imagination...

HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

It doesn't have any good games unlike consoles.

redrezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 redrezo
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

apparently free online, cheaper games, mods, better performance and graphics are not decisive factors in choosing Pc over the consoles.

I don't think it's because of the price either..cause I mean, look at how expensive console games and accessories are. so what is it? lack of games on Pc? commercial? laziness?

pitty8982
Computer illiteracy.
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 washd123

Sure it´s stupid,you wouldn´t need a "gimmick"like a TV or a monitor to play games,now wouldn´t you?

You just need to pick the controller or keyboard\mouse and then play the games through your imagination...

Arach666

its stupid for a price comparison im talking hardware to hardware, 360 to pc, ps3 to pc, not gaming setup to gaming setup, since any pc or console can be hooked up to any monitor or hdtv.

may as well include the cost of a couch as well or the price of the tv stand or the price of...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

So I can get a good gaming PC for $299 now?

washd123

did i say that? i said owning a pc is just as cheap as a console. not the hardware itself.

youll end up spending more in game expenses than i will, if on the 360 more to go online, in the end youll spend at worst close to what id spend on the pc. not to mention whenever the next gen comes if you want to updgrade you have to buy a whole new system i wont again cheaper.

Well not everyone games online so I'm good to go right out of the box. You are right though about having to buy new systems every gen.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 washd123

Well not everyone games online so I'm good to go right out of the box. You are right though about having to buy new systems every gen.

Bigboi500

even so the price still remains. i meant if youre on the 360 and paying for live or SPN premium in the future youll end up spending even more.

most people think pc gaming is so expensive becuase all they look at is the intial hardware price which in that case yeah cool console gaming is cheapers. but over the course of owning the console youll end up spending just as much if not more. not to mention that pc will still be more powerful than either console, and its a pc.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
For me personally, I like buying a game I want to play in that particular generation and knowing it will work without giving me any problems... Playing on PC, you need to get your hands dirty with hardware/ software optimizations/ tweaking etc.... I know that's part of the fun of being a pc gamer...but for me, its just a waste of time when all I want to do is pop in a game and play it without having to worry about specs/requirements.
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#69 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

1. Most people barely know how to open their computer case.

2. They prefer console games to PC games.

3. The classic bull**** that's always spewed out here (price, keyboard/mouse, couch, HDTV, etc.) is pretty damn convincing to someone who fits into reason 1.

I'm not trying to make an opinion or anything, just stating what I see.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Arach666

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

washd123

its stupid for a price comparison im talking hardware to hardware, 360 to pc, ps3 to pc, not gaming setup to gaming setup, since any pc or console can be hooked up to any monitor or hdtv.

may as well include the cost of a couch as well or the price of the tv stand or the price of...

Ok,fair enough. But it´s only natural that a gaming PC is a bit more expensive.After all,quality costs money.
Hanass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Hanass
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

HaLoMaStErJT

Metacritic and CONSOLESPOT would disagree.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 washd123

Ok,fair enough. But it´s only natural that a gaming PC is a bit more expensive.After all,quality costs money.Arach666

except my whole point was its not, over the lifetime of the system, its only initially. and still you get that better quality.

waitaseck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#73 waitaseck
Member since 2006 • 2309 Posts
As a new PC gamer(previously wii only), there's just something about console gaming that doesn't feel overwhelming at times. I guess because consoles are casual they really allow you to relax. While most PC games are definitely superior in some ways(online, communities, mods, etc.) many people play games just to relax and consoles do just that. By the way, more people game on PC than consoles.
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

I really just dont understand these threads? Game on what you want. What does it matter and why does anyone have to give a reason for "WHY?" WHy do people bungee jump when they could just go out to eat and chill?

pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 pitty8982
Member since 2008 • 1072 Posts
As a new PC gamer(previously wii only), there's just something about console gaming that doesn't feel overwhelming at times. I guess because consoles are casual they really allow you to relax. While most PC games are definitely superior in some ways(online, communities, mods, etc.) many people play games just to relax and consoles do just that. By the way, more people game on PC than consoles.waitaseck
relax.. well I don't really relax when I scream against my football player missing a goal. I find it more relaxing to play casual/puzzle games on pc/ds
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

HaLoMaStErJT

Define good games and give examples.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#77 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
My main problem with PC gaming is games not working. I can't afford a super computer, so more often than not, a new game won't work. When I buy an Xbox game, I know it is going to work.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Bebi_vegeta

My main problem with PC gaming is games not working. I can't afford a super computer, so more often than not, a new game won't work. When I buy an Xbox game, I know it is going to work.monkeytoes61

I heard RROD can cause every game to not work... what are your taughts on that?

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 washd123

My main problem with PC gaming is games not working. I can't afford a super computer, so more often than not, a new game won't work. When I buy an Xbox game, I know it is going to work.monkeytoes61

you can afford a 360 and $60 games and assuming LIVE. you can afford to own a gaming pc. if you pay for LIVE youll actually save money.

and pc games work as often as console games do.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Because I already have a full-time job fixing computer issues, and I don't need another one.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 789shadow

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]My main problem with PC gaming is games not working. I can't afford a super computer, so more often than not, a new game won't work. When I buy an Xbox game, I know it is going to work.washd123

you can afford a 360 and $60 games and assuming LIVE. you can afford to own a gaming pc. if you pay for LIVE youll actually save money.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA........Oh, you weren't kidding.:|

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Bebi_vegeta

Because I already have a full-time job fixing computer issues, and I don't need another one.

789shadow

Then it should be simple for you...

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Theguy56
Member since 2003 • 1379 Posts

I play both but:

1.) Exclusives

2.) PC has a lack of genres outside FPS, RTS and MMOs.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="washd123"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]My main problem with PC gaming is games not working. I can't afford a super computer, so more often than not, a new game won't work. When I buy an Xbox game, I know it is going to work.789shadow

I don't get the joke...

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

Bebi_vegeta

You missed the point....And I don't have a full-time job fixing computers.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Arach666

[QUOTE="washd123"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]My main problem with PC gaming is games not working. I can't afford a super computer, so more often than not, a new game won't work. When I buy an Xbox game, I know it is going to work.789shadow

Maybe I don´t have any sense of humour,so I fail to see what´s so amusing on that post.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Bebi_vegeta

I play both but:

1.) Exclusives

Theguy56

Well there's also racing, sims... old school adventures.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

You missed the point....And I don't have a full-time job fixing computers.

Some people have had more RROD then problemes with PC.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 washd123

789shadow

no i wasnt.

if you were actually a pc gamer youd know that but mocking me just makes you look ignorant.

redrezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 redrezo
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

For me personally, I like buying a game I want to play in that particular generation and knowing it will work without giving me any problems... Playing on PC, you need to get your hands dirty with hardware/ software optimizations/ tweaking etc.... I know that's part of the fun of being a pc gamer...but for me, its just a waste of time when all I want to do is pop in a game and play it without having to worry about specs/requirements.verbalfilth
Excuses, that's why they invented steam, you don't even have to go to a store, one click and it'll install and play. It's all digital so you waste less effort with packaging and swapping cd's.

A digital hard copy of archives is will always available on the steam network as well, and with hard drive spaces so huge it's so much more superior to fiddling with dvd's and the sort.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

washd123

even so the price still remains. i meant if youre on the 360 and paying for live or SPN premium in the future youll end up spending even more.

most people think pc gaming is so expensive becuase all they look at is the intial hardware price which in that case yeah cool console gaming is cheapers. but over the course of owning the console youll end up spending just as much if not more. not to mention that pc will still be more powerful than either console, and its a pc.

Personally speaking I'm not a graphics and power fan plus I can't find the JRPGs and Japanese oriented games in general that I prefer on PCs.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

washd123

no i wasnt.

if you were actually a pc gamer youd know that but mocking me just makes you look ignorant.

The 3 games I've played on PC have failed to work more times than all of my other games combined in their history.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 washd123

Personally speaking I'm not a graphics and power fan plus I can't find the JRPGs and Japanese oriented games in general that I prefer on PCs.

Bigboi500

you dont have to be but its still a benefit. and refer back to my original post even though jrpgs and sports and more are starting to gain speed on the pc theyre still not as abundant (ignoring emulators) so its understandable.

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#94 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts

Consoles are easier to set up for me. Also you can't play Nintendo games on the PC legally.

Nintendo_Ownes7
:lol: like that will stop anyone :|
Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Theguy56
Member since 2003 • 1379 Posts

[QUOTE="Theguy56"]

I play both but:

1.) Exclusives

Bebi_vegeta

Well there's also racing, sims... old school adventures.

I know but unfortunately I don't like those besides old school adventures so I need more systems to provide all genres.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="washd123"]

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

no i wasnt.

The 3 games I've played on PC have failed to work more times than all of my other games combined in their history.

Right... and what was the name of theses games?

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 washd123

789shadow

$10 bucks said something about them not working was your fault somewhere.

like me coming in and saying i put the disk upside down and the game didnt play.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Arach666
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

Consoles are easier to set up for me. Also you can't play Nintendo games on the PC legally.

johnny27
:lol: like that will stop anyone :|

Yeah,pretty much! :P
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="washd123"]

no i wasnt.

Bebi_vegeta

Right... and what was the name of the game?

Spore, World in Conflict, and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
[QUOTE="redrezo"][QUOTE="verbalfilth"]For me personally, I like buying a game I want to play in that particular generation and knowing it will work without giving me any problems... Playing on PC, you need to get your hands dirty with hardware/ software optimizations/ tweaking etc.... I know that's part of the fun of being a pc gamer...but for me, its just a waste of time when all I want to do is pop in a game and play it without having to worry about specs/requirements.

Excuses, that's why they invented steam, you don't even have to go to a store, one click and it'll install and play. It's all digital so you waste less effort with packaging and swapping cd's.

I'm trying my best, for your sake, to try and rationalize where exactly you read me complaining about packaging, going to a store or Digital Distribution...