What's Microsoft's answer to SFV?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

And before anyone brings up Killer Instinct...I have it. Both seasons with all DLC. It lacks the balance and polish of a proper Capcom fighter.

Daigo Umehara, Ricky Ortiz, Justin Wong, Snake Eyez, Nemo, Low tier God and all the greats will guarantee that "it factor" for the PS4...while Killer Instinct...excuse me...Killer Instink still plays "hurr hurr ha har-ya har har huh huh hoo am pull off big combo"...so what's Microsoft's answer to SFV in your opinion? I already re-bought a PS4 awaiting greatness that is SFV....

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Why do they need an answer for it?

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

This is what you do, you upgrade to Windows 10 and then Stream it to your Xbox One from your PC. I think they should focus on their own IP, make a new one, and or pay someone to make them one exclusively. Can grab the Itagaki dude, he will be free soon.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I still don't understand the appeal of fighting games.

But you already answered your own question, it's Killer Instinct. Not saying that it's better though

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Wouldn't you say SFV is Sony's answer to Killer Instinct?

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XboxStache

@MonsieurX: Are you really implying that fighting games aren't important? Evo says hello.

PS4 already has 3-4 fighting games not on Xbox One. Including USF4, GGXRD, SFV and so on. Microsoft gave us Fighter Within and KI.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@XboxStache: SFV isn't greatness, so there really doesn't need to be an answer. SFV is basically SFIV with some new characters and more and better animation. That's about it. If you already own SFIV, you really don't need to get SFV. If you do, don't waste $60 on it.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XboxStache

@GoldenElementXL: No. Because it's not worth answering at all.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

What is Sony's answer to Halo 5? What is their answer to Fable Legends? What is their answer to Forza 6? What is their answer to Rare Replay? What is their answer to Gears of War: Ultimate Edition?

Do you see where this is going? Just because a big game comes out on one platform does not mean it needs to be answered by the competitor.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Microsoft don't have one. Simple as.

But it's not like the genre as a whole is passing MS up. The majority of fighters are still going to be multplat, meaning MS isn't under as much pressure to have a counter. Moreover it's not like SF is going to release in a window where MS has nothing at all. Unlike Sony this year who have no major exclusives hitting.

Short version: They have no counter, but it's really not that big a deal.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#11  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

I stopped playing fighting games at the turn of the century. I am amazed how they have been pumping out the same shit for so many years and people are still playing.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

..as one poster already stated, SFV is Sony's answer to KI.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NyaDC
@OhSnapitz said:

..as one poster already stated, SFV is Sony's answer to KI.

That's probably half the reason Killer Instinct is coming to PC as SFV will be there as well.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XboxStache

@nyadc: Sure. Give your greatest competitor the edge when you're already losing. Look, I'm not saying that Microsoft needs a fighting game that's better than SFV (that's impossible), but they do need more than KI.

And btw, as an X1 owner, when Ponies were playing Bloodborne and all the good stuff...we had Sunset Overdrive (which is the same as Ratchet and Clank), and what exactly to hold us over this year? Exactly. I know Microsoft has games coming...but with all the money they have, they couldn't give us a fighting game worth playing? I don't want to play Killer Instinct...I want KOF, SFV and all the good stuff...so there.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@XboxStache: I see your concern now, you want a big competitive fighting game, only way to do this is to make a new fun competitive IP i think. If i were Microsoft i would maybe buy King of Fighters. That would give them King of Fighters and Killer Instinct to play with. That would be the faster route.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Why do they need an answer for it?

@XboxStache said:

@MonsieurX: Are you really implying that fighting games aren't important? Evo says hello.

PS4 already has 3-4 fighting games not on Xbox One. Including USF4, GGXRD, SFV and so on. Microsoft gave us Fighter Within and KI.

Wasn't SFIV played on the 360 last evo?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Oh but Killer Instinct doesn't count because TC said so.

Did anyone read that recent N4G article that KI is running at 90fps?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NyaDC

Microsoft needs to buy into a deal with Capcom to create another Power Stone, it would be game over if that happened.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Oh shit it does run at 90 FPS, and everyone was trying to make fun of its 720p (now 900p) resolution lol...

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

SFV is not exclusive.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XboxStache

@FoxbatAlpha: No. Those are your words. KI doesn't even compare to SFV; and denial isn't gonna change that perspective.

It's a niche title at best. Spam combo, spam combo, combo breaker, shadow counter, Ultra....and everyone uses Jago...the one guy with the most balance in the game. I'm not giving Microsoft a pass for this ****-up. They fucked up. Now Big-headed Phil can make it up to us.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@nyadc said:

Microsoft needs to buy into a deal with Capcom to create another Power Stone, it would be game over if that happened.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Oh shit it does run at 90 FPS, and everyone was trying to make fun of its 720p (now 900p) resolution lol...

Here

Loading Video...

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

@blackace said:

@XboxStache: SFV isn't greatness, so there really doesn't need to be an answer. SFV is basically SFIV with some new characters and more and better animation. That's about it. If you already own SFIV, you really don't need to get SFV. If you do, don't waste $60 on it.

Even though this in essence is true, people who have sf4 will get 5

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

They should pay Capcom and WBIE a buttload of money to make SF x MK an Xbox One exclusive.

Regardless if MS does that (which is a safe bet to say they won't), I still wish that game would come out, I've wanted it for 23 years.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@blackace: This is rubbish

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@nyadc: Power Stone was so fun. I actually liked it more than DOA2, but slightly less than SC2. Just my opine.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

KI sucks ass to me. I will try to get back into it, but that will be really hard. Xbox used to have deals with Dead or Alive, but now they gone full multiplat. So my guess would be they would pony up some money to get a new VF from SEGA. Since Xbox and SEGA have be declared as a somewhat spiritual successors in a way.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Umm... SFV is on PC.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@XboxStache said:

Nintendo gave you Killer Instinct, microsoft brought out a sequel. In fact Nintendo brought you Street Fighter and Sony brought out a sequel.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

@blackace said:

High sodium.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

LOL fighters. Its 2015, no one cares.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@RR360DD: Apparently whole universe cares more than ever...

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

But Killer Instinct is the answer to SFV as MS said so publicly already- they are trying to build up their own IPs which takes time

legendofsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 legendofsense
Member since 2013 • 320 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@blackace said:

High sodium.

Can be detrimental for your health.

Megane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Megane
Member since 2015 • 685 Posts

Maybe they'll get Dead or Alive to be exclusive again.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Um Microsoft owns 90.6% of the OS marketshare for Pc's, so yeah, I don't think they need to do anything as SF5 will be on PC.

Xbox has KI, it was amazing to watch the pro's play that game at Evo, the game is anything but "Spam combo, spam combo, combo breaker, shadow counter, Ultra....and everyone uses Jago", in fact, I only saw one person play as Jago. I saw a sick as hell Cinder doing never before seen combos and tricks performed at a competitive stage, I saw a guy give up a full bars health because he got cocky and in-front of hundreds of thousands of people watching.

I cant play KI for crap but that doesnt mean the game sucks, just that I do.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Microsoft's answer to SFV is that shitty fighting game they have that no one cares about and gets bits added to it piecemeal.

They finished it yet?

@sailor232 said:

Um Microsoft owns 90.6% of the OS marketshare for Pc's, so yeah, I don't think they need to do anything as SF5 will be on PC.

Sorry bro, Valve controls the PC gaming market. MS isn't getting any more money from that one-off license fee, that's if the person playing it hasn't pirated it.

@nyadc said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yeah, lems, that's how a 60fps lock works. It's not actually outputting at 90fps.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

LOLKillerInstinctLOL. They have no response.

@RR360DD said:

Keep saying this if it helps you sleep better at night.

@sailor232 said:

Xbox has KI, it was amazing to watch the pro's play that game at Evo, the game is anything but "Spam combo, spam combo, combo breaker, shadow counter, Ultra....and everyone uses Jago", in fact, I only saw one person play as Jago. I saw a sick as hell Cinder doing never before seen combos and tricks performed at a competitive stage, I saw a guy give up a full bars health because he got cocky and in-front of hundreds of thousands of people watching.

LOL, you lems are delusional.

@megane said:

Not likely. Especially since DOA 5 sold considerably better on PS3 and PS4, and M$ foolishly doesn't support F2P model so DOA Core Fighters which is a huge part of Team Ninja's DOA revenue is exclusive to Playstation. Also, the guy who was responsible for DOA being exclusive in the past (Itagaki) has been fired and Hayashi his replacement is a huge PS fanboy.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

street fighter is on a pedestal. When talking about daigo and the fgc street fighter series will always be the absolute best fighting game series there is even if it sucks just because of what it is, its history and what it represents. In the real world the likes of MK still sell more than multiple capcom fighters combined and most fighting games are way more fun to play than street fighter has ever been.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sailor232

@quadknight said:

@RR360DD said:

@sailor232 said:

@megane said:

Not likely. Especially since DOA 5 sold considerably better on PS3 and PS4, and M$ foolishly doesn't support F2P model so DOA Core Fighters which is a huge part of Team Ninja's DOA revenue is exclusive to Playstation. Also, the guy who was responsible for DOA being exclusive in the past (Itagaki) has been fired and Hayashi his replacement is a huge PS fanboy.

LOL you cows are idiots. Microsoft doesnt need an answer to crap. Microsofts net worth = 340.8B, Sony poor ass Net worth 34.2B. Come on, you cows love numbers, how are you not getting this, though I am sure Microsoft are REALLY hurting that they didnt get a game on their console when its coming to 90% of the pc's out in the world anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Microsoft should buy the guys behind King of Fighters, or the Virtua Fighter team. The problem is that the characters of Street Fighter are now so legendary. If MS is never going to get the game, ever, then they ought to attach a license to a fighter done by a great development team.

Maybe I'm crazy but Power Rangers immediately came to my mind when I thought that.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

SF5 is a crap answer to KI, seriously, just sayin.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@sailor232 said:
@quadknight said:

@RR360DD said:

@sailor232 said:

@megane said:

LOL you cows are idiots. Microsoft doesnt need an answer to crap. Microsofts net worth = 340.8B, Sony poor ass Net worth 34.2B. Come on, you cows love numbers, how are you not getting this, though I am sure Microsoft are REALLY hurting that they didnt get a game on their console when its coming to 90% of the pc's out in the world anyway.

and how does this help the Xbone from getting destroyed on a monthly basis by PS4? We are not in company wars you buffoon. Last time I checked we were in SYSTEM WARS. Get that MS stick out of your ass and realize OP was talking about the Xbox when he made this thread. No one gives two shits about M$' net worth around here.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Their same answer for everything this generation. They'll send it to the same place where Cloud and DX12 have gone so their fanbase won't ask questions.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@blackace said:

lol does spouting nonsense like this actually help convince you lems of the stupidity you're saying?

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 davem1992

@Gaming-Planet said:

Umm... SFV is on PC.

Um so?

MS don't get any money for the game.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sailor232

@quadknight said:
@sailor232 said:
@quadknight said:

@RR360DD said:

@sailor232 said:

@megane said:

and how does this help the Xbone from getting destroyed on a monthly basis by PS4? We are not in company wars you buffoon. Last time I checked we were in SYSTEM WARS. Get that MS stick out of your ass and realize OP was talking about the Xbox when he made this thread. No one gives two shits about M$' net worth around here.

I know that, I'm making a point that in the grand scheme of things, who gives a crap at Microsoft that they didn't get one game, they is making money by the truck loads, now if they start losing more and more and more games to Sony, then yes, that's a problem because that would mean third parties are no longer interested in Xbox, one game isnt the end of the world, and its also a game that will be-able to be played on Microsoft Windows pc's.

Plus the title does say Microsoft, not Xbox, so Microsoft (the company as a whole) wouldnt give a crap about Street Fighter, especially not since Killer Instinct has been doing great and has a great competitive scene.

Wow Apple should come to the console scene, they are worth twice what Microsoft is, then we would have fans more dedicated than the cows.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 davem1992

Jesus reading the thread is actually quite annoying as a gamer in general, just seeing a fun game like Killer Instinct get so much shit because it's not as polished or as deep as a Capcom game even though it's still an insanely fun game (only reason I kept Xbox One).

Then the lems trying to convince themselves that SFV is just another SFIV (even though if you have half a brain you can tell from gameplay it's not true) and that the PC version will make MS money or can be streamed to Xbox (both ain't happening).

Pathetic.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

This thread is going no where.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 davem1992

@Lulu_Lulu said:

This thread is going no where.

It's just pointless bashing of good games on both sides to try and convince fanboys that their game is better, while I think SF destroys the shit out of Killer Instinct I at least still REALLY enjoy KI.