What's Microsoft's answer to SFV?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Pikminmaniac:

Wait..... did you say Combo Breaking ?...... how does it work ?

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#152 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I don't know why I like this game, I am pretty terrible at it haha

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@XboxStache:

"Gameplay-wise, guys like Daigo Umehara, Momochi, Low tier God, Pie Smug and the gang aren't really after the KI scene at all. "

Thats because those guys clearly prefer "who needs mind games when you got superior execution" type of Fighters. So yeah I'm not at all surprized they don't like a game that doesn't have crazy option Selects and guaranteed damage like Street Fighter.

They are two completely different types of fighters.

I bet those Guys don't like DoA or Smash either.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Xbox One has Mortal Kombat X and Killer Instinct, and I'm sure it'll get the next Tekken and Dead or Alive down the road too.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@XboxStache said:

@nyadc: Sure. Give your greatest competitor the edge when you're already losing. Look, I'm not saying that Microsoft needs a fighting game that's better than SFV (that's impossible), but they do need more than KI.

And btw, as an X1 owner, when Ponies were playing Bloodborne and all the good stuff...we had Sunset Overdrive (which is the same as Ratchet and Clank), and what exactly to hold us over this year? Exactly. I know Microsoft has games coming...but with all the money they have, they couldn't give us a fighting game worth playing? I don't want to play Killer Instinct...I want KOF, SFV and all the good stuff...so there.

First, SFV will be on the PC as well.

Second, you act like all fighters are as good as SF and then there's KI which isn't. Most fighters aren't as good and have issues.

Soul Calibur is a button masher which never really pushes you to learn the intricate small moves. MK and other NetherRealm games are lol gameplay and then showy finishers. DoA is just a joke. VF has a learning curve that's like running into a brick wall and trying to climb it.

So in the grand scheme of things KI really isn't that bad.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#156 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@Legend002 said:

There's no answer. MS aren't focus on anything but shooters because that's their main audience.

This post is an oldie. 2004 vintage.

Pretty sure Sony has more shooter franchises too lol.

Sony got more games in all genres, period. lol

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#157  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Pikminmaniac:

Wait..... did you say Combo Breaking ?...... how does it work ?

You spend one of your V-Gauge bars to push your opponent back during their combo. V-Gauge is built from taking damage or successfully executing a character's unique V-skill move.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Lulu_Lulu

@Pikminmaniac:

Oh..... well that sucks. :(

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Lulu_Lulu

@HalcyonScarlet:

LoL.... DoA WAS a joke. Its not anymore.... the stigma from the previous 4 games is just clouding people's judgement.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Pikminmaniac

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Pikminmaniac:

Oh..... well that sucks. :(

why does that suck? Street Fighter V is a much quicker and offensive game than IV so they needed a mechanic to help turn the momentum if one player is overpowering the other too much. It's a balancing mechanic.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Lulu_Lulu

@Pikminmaniac:

I know but Mortal Kombat and BlazBlue already have that mechanic. and honestly..... theres nothing Interesting about it.

Its nice that Capcom is finally learning just how boring guaranteed combos are and that they are doing something to change that...... but I'm not going to treat Street Fighter with kid gloves anymore by only comparing ut to previous iterations. They're going to have to do better than other Fighting Games aswell.... I wish people would expect more from Capcom.... they've gotten very complacent ever since Street Fighter III.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@XboxStache said:

@nyadc: Sure. Give your greatest competitor the edge when you're already losing. Look, I'm not saying that Microsoft needs a fighting game that's better than SFV (that's impossible), but they do need more than KI.

And btw, as an X1 owner, when Ponies were playing Bloodborne and all the good stuff...we had Sunset Overdrive (which is the same as Ratchet and Clank), and what exactly to hold us over this year? Exactly. I know Microsoft has games coming...but with all the money they have, they couldn't give us a fighting game worth playing? I don't want to play Killer Instinct...I want KOF, SFV and all the good stuff...so there.

Second, you act like all fighters are as good as SF and then there's KI which isn't. Most fighters aren't as good and have issues.

Soul Calibur is a button masher which never really pushes you to learn the intricate small moves. MK and other NetherRealm games are lol gameplay and then showy finishers. DoA is just a joke. VF has a learning curve that's like running into a brick wall and trying to climb it.

Horseshit opinion. VF, SoulCalibur, and DOA are all excellent games gameplay wise. I enjoy all of them quite immensely.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#163 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I can see Capcom pulling a Darkstalkers or a new fighter out of their arse. They used to make a lot more fighting franchises, say they bring out a new one, on this gen. Not street fighter, but same engine and multiplat.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#164 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@quadknight said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@XboxStache said:

Horseshit opinion. VF, SoulCalibur, and DOA are all excellent games gameplay wise. I enjoy all of them quite immensely.

Ya own horseshit opinion.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

@Legend002 said:
@ConanTheStoner said:
@Legend002 said:

There's no answer. MS aren't focus on anything but shooters because that's their main audience.

This post is an oldie. 2004 vintage.

Pretty sure Sony has more shooter franchises too lol.

Sony got more games in all genres, period. lol

Ah, touché

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@RR360DD said:

LOL fighters. Its 2015, no one cares.

Fighting games have never been more popular. Lots of people care.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Pikminmaniac

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Pikminmaniac:

I know but Mortal Kombat and BlazBlue already have that mechanic. and honestly..... theres nothing Interesting about it.

Its nice that Capcom is finally learning just how boring guaranteed combos are and that they are doing something to change that...... but I'm not going to treat Street Fighter with kid gloves anymore by only comparing ut to previous iterations. They're going to have to do better than other Fighting Games aswell.... I wish people would expect more from Capcom.... they've gotten very complacent ever since Street Fighter III.

Well to be fair, Street fighter combos are a lot shorter and less damaging than those found in most other fighting games even if they require higher skill to execute. You have to get in on your opponent and make a confirmed combo for a bit of their life then either pressure on wake-up or go back to the footsies game until you can get in again. Even with what we've seen so far with SFV the combo breaking mechanic hasn't been used much. Combos appear to be short still.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Lulu_Lulu

@Pikminmaniac:

LoL.... so then why did they add the combo breaker ?

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Pikminmaniac

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Pikminmaniac:

LoL.... so then why did they add the combo breaker ?

I'm not sure right now. SFV is more pressure heavy so it might be more about creating space than preventing combo damage. I'll be playing the beta tonight. I'll be testing out a few things.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@XboxStache:

"Gameplay-wise, guys like Daigo Umehara, Momochi, Low tier God, Pie Smug and the gang aren't really after the KI scene at all. "

Thats because those guys clearly prefer "who needs mind games when you got superior execution" type of Fighters.

Street Fighter is totally about mind games, majority of Evo was a testament to that.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Lulu_Lulu

@jg4xchamp:

And yet the majority of those mind games are placed behind a giant wall of execution....

It seems like Capcom needs to get their priorities straight.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Lulu_Lulu

@Pikminmaniac:

Woooooh !!! :)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@jg4xchamp:

And yet the majority of those mind games are placed behind a giant wall of execution....

Not that I ever want to break up your trolling, but I'm in a debatey mood.

hyperbole aside, who fucking cares?

Execution is part of the genre, simply making it easier also does more to undermine the engine and make certain aspects way stronger than they need to be. That bs two button press for x-ray combos in MK doesn't add to the mind games, it makes those moves a borderline guarantee. It's no different than any other form of competition, or at the least in this case is comparable to a sport. You can nail this in practice? Cool, now nail it in game, now nail it in a game that is tight, now nail it from both sides when the game is tight, nail it when the pressure is on. And given that an arcade stick is a great interface for the lion's share of Street Fighter's input, the "wall of execution" is more or less is the player willing to learn the input, and the degree of difficulty of some of them does have an impact on balance, use, how they combo, and all that jazz.

One frame links are bullshit, and even Evo cats would admit to that. While some of them can hit it, it isn't in their best interest to bet a tight match on a one frame link.

Beyond that "I can't nail it with any consistency" has no fucking value or merit in a debate, because it's anecdotal at best LuLu. Beyond that you can continue your crusade against video games that must be the problem and not the player : >

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@jg4xchamp:

It seems like Capcom needs to get their priorities straight.

Nothing wrong with execution being a barrier to entry. It only gets annoying when one frame links are bread and butter combos.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@XboxStache:

Haha.... you really think Street Fighter (pick any version you want) is the most balanced fighting game ?

Mind you this is the same series with so many counter matchups that people think if only 5 of its entire roster is tournament viable then its a perfecr game.

I'm sorry but I just don't buy it.... and I don't even know what Street Fighter's Tier Chart looks like.

I strongly disagree when players are now utilizing different characters.

Snake eyez and Zangief, NuckleDu and Guile ring a bell? What about Low tier God and Rolento?

And if you go throughout the SF series, SF1 was really glitchy and unbalanced, SF2 set the standard of fighting games, Street Fighter Alpha introduced more Balance and tweaks...I used to wreck anyone using Dan, Birdie, Sodom and Guy...not exactly high tier or really even mid-tier.

SF3 brought parries, and the characters without fireball zoning were some of the toughest...someone could parry really good with a character like Q or Oro and absolutely beast the competition. SF- EX series had good balance but nowhere like the rest of the series at all. (guess what, wasn't made by Capcom.)

SF4 brought red focus, focus attack, FADC, better cancels and so on...literally every character on the game is balanced to a sense.

Compare that to KOF or Dead or Alive. (Kasumi trumps, no love for obscure characters, glitchy grabs, one stun could end the round if done right) Nowhere close. Sorry, SF is the best fighting game ever made.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Lulu_Lulu

@Aljosa23:

It is when you need a $200 peripheral to be able to pull off difficult moves consistently.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@DocSanchez: Considering they wouldn't even fund SFV themselves I would not expect much if they did do this.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Lulu_Lulu

@XboxStache:

The Entire Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Roster is Tournament Viable and there are no match ups worse than 6.0-5.0 according to the most recent tier list compiled by Japanese Players.

"Dead or Alive. (Kasumi trumps, no love for obscure characters, glitchy grabs, one stun could end the round if done right) Nowhere close."

1. Kasumi is not that good

2. You have no idea how throws in DoA work.

3. As a Street Fighter player I can understand stand why you feel so threatened about being stunned and losing 40% in a combo..... but you're forgetting one very important difference...... Combos in DoA are not guaranteed damage like they are in Street Fighter....DoA has a 4 Point Reversal System that allows you to break free from a stun as long on as you your feet are still touching the ground.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Aljosa23:

It is when you need a $200 peripheral to be able to pull off difficult moves consistently.

lol tough shit. Either buy it or quit whining. Capcom shouldn't have to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Lulu_Lulu

@Aljosa23:

The lowest common denominator makes up the majority of the people who buy their games.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 XboxStache

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@XboxStache:

The Entire Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Roster is Tournament Viable and there are no match ups worse than 6.0-5.0 according to the most recent tier list compiled by Japanese Players.

"Dead or Alive. (Kasumi trumps, no love for obscure characters, glitchy grabs, one stun could end the round if done right) Nowhere close."

1. Kasumi is not that good

2. You have no idea how throws in DoA work.

3. As a Street Fighter player I can understand stand why you feel so threatened about being stunned and losing 40% in a combo..... but you're forgetting one very important difference...... Combos in DoA are not guaranteed damage like they are in Street Fighter....DoA has a 4 Point Reversal System that allows you to break free from a stun as long on as you your feet are still touching the ground.

Lulu, I'm actually quite good at DOA. My mains are EIN, Akira, Jacky, Zack and Rachel. And yes, I'm aware of stun breaks...but it's also possible with good timing to completely obliterate someone playing with stuns alone. I've done it.

DOA5LR is actually my favorite DOA atm and that's saying a lot since I loved 2 (owned it on dreamcast, bought the DOA2 Ultimate for Xbox) and 4 a lot!!!

Throws in DOA are still glitchy with them not confirming many times; which is why for the most part I ditch throwing and stick to long-strung combos after stun and well placed counters/reversals.

It doesn't hold a candle to SF.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Lulu_Lulu

@XboxStache:

"but it's also possible with good timing to completely obliterate someone playing with stuns alone. I've done it."

LoL Duh !!! You can do that in any game..... this "someone" you speak of could be your 9 year old younger sister for all anybody knows. That doesn't say didly squat about how the game plays.

"Throws in DOA are still glitchy with them not confirming many times; which is why for the most part I ditch throwing and stick to long-strung combos after stun and well placed counters/reversals."

You definitely do not understand how throws work in DoA if you think they are glitchy..... how and when do you use them ?

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 XboxStache

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@XboxStache:

"but it's also possible with good timing to completely obliterate someone playing with stuns alone. I've done it."

LoL Duh !!! You can do that in any game..... this "someone" you speak of could be your 9 year old younger sister for all anybody knows. That doesn't say didly squat about how the game plays.

"Throws in DOA are still glitchy with them not confirming many times; which is why for the most part I ditch throwing and stick to long-strung combos after stun and well placed counters/reversals."

You definitely do not understand how throws work in DoA if you think they are glitchy..... how and when do you use them ?

I use throws when it actually works and arms aren't clipping through opponents. Damage control that, sweetie. (Sighs)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Lulu_Lulu

@XboxStache:

LoL.... damage control what ? All fighting games have clipping issues including Street Fighter..... you remember the character models don't always represent where they can be hit.... the hitboxes do that..... thats what keeps the game fair.... so even though Bass is 5 times Larger than Marie Rose.... his Hurtbox is the same size as hers (when they are neutral) and I would assume the same applies to Street Fighter. Hell take any two characters and get them stand very close to each other..... you'l notice that their feet and legs clip into each other.

It happens and its not a big deal.... not as far as mechanics go.

Anyway it sounds like you were being Fuzzy Guarded.... throws recover very slowly in DoA and they are only active for 2 Frames..... if you try to throw someone and they duck for a second you'l notice your arms will clip right through them.... the samething happens in Virtua Fighter except it happens faster so the clipping happens less often.

You didn't say anything about whats wrong with throws..... mind you you're the only player I know who claims to be good but thinks theres something wrong with the throws..... perhaps you don't know DoA aswell you think you do...... or maybe you're playing the PC version.... who knows.

There is one glitch I know of though.... its on the lowest section of the Fuel Stage, if you juggle someone into the corner in between the green oil barrels and the forklift then theres a tiny chance that they will glitch teleport and fall behind you instead of infront of you..... this has happened to me once and I've seen it happen to another player.... luckily he still won the round so he was cool with it.... I would imagine that if he lost he would have been pissed.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 XboxStache

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@XboxStache:

LoL.... damage control what ? All fighting games have clipping issues including Street Fighter..... you remember the character models don't always represent where they can be hit.... the hitboxes do that..... thats what keeps the game fair.... so even though Bass is 5 times Larger than Marie Rose.... his Hurtbox is the same size as hers (when they are neutral) and I would assume the same applies to Street Fighter. Hell take any two characters and get them stand very close to each other..... you'l notice that their feet and legs clip into each other.

It happens and its not a big deal.... not as far as mechanics go.

Anyway it sounds like you were being Fuzzy Guarded.... throws recover very slowly in DoA and they are only active for 2 Frames..... if you try to throw someone and they duck for a second you'l notice your arms will clip right through them.... the samething happens in Virtua Fighter except it happens faster so the clipping happens less often.

You didn't say anything about whats wrong with throws..... mind you you're the only player I know who claims to be good but thinks theres something wrong with the throws..... perhaps you don't know DoA aswell you think you do...... or maybe you're playing the PC version.... who knows.

There is one glitch I know of though.... its on the lowest section of the Fuel Stage, if you juggle someone into the corner in between the green oil barrels and the forklift then theres a tiny chance that they will glitch teleport and fall behind you instead of infront of you..... this has happened to me once and I've seen it happen to another player.... luckily he still won the round so he was cool with it.... I would imagine that if he lost he would have been pissed.

No. Clipping occurs with throw attempts in DOA while standing. It's funny, because I never had this complaint until DOA5. And btw, I play it on Xbox One. (although I had both DOA5 and 5 ultimate for the 360 as well), also, this would work if SF actually had a throw problem which is doesn't. You can simply set up a throw and it's either countered with a hit or tech'd.

Here's the thing, when it comes to fighting games, I've a history of it from the SNES and Saturn until now. (that's right, I played Golden Axe- the duel, Fighter's megamix, Fighting vipers, Virtua fighter 2, last bronx, all the capcom brawlers to really obscure fighting games like Battle Monsters, Bio Freex, Bloody Roar and so on), so please spare the excuses for a fundamental action in a fighting game like a throw...especially when within range. Why is DOA's throw system not as smoothly executed like Virtua Fighter or Tekken?

DOA could hardly be called as balanced as SF when Jacky/Janne-Lee (bruce lee guy) are OP as a team. In SFXT, there really wasn't an OP team. In Marvel Vs Capcom, there are many OP teams...which just goes to show once again that SF trumps. Interesting fact about the Fuel stage btw.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Lulu_Lulu

@XboxStache:

"Clipping occurs with throw attempts in DOA while standing."

Like just standing opponents who are doing nothing but standing there ? If you got video I'd like to see.... seems interesting.

"Why is DOA's throw system not as smoothly executed like Virtua Fighter or Tekken?"

First of all... DoA's throws are completely Identical to Virtua Fighter's it literally use the exact same system..... On top of that, DoA has smoother throw animation. Technically its got aesthetically more pleasing animation overall although thats because DoA is newer than VF.

And 2nd of All.... Tekken and Soul Calibur's throws definitely don't work the same way as VF or DoA's. Perhaps thats the part thats got you confused. LoL.... my history is definitely not as long as yours yet somehow even I can see there's a difference. I suppose you just rationalised it in your mind that Simply spending time playing alot of games automatically translates into undisputable knowledge.

Everything I know about DoA 5 I only learned in the last 6 months. You should have seen just how scrubby I was last year. LoL... I didn't know the difference between a Throw and a Catch Grab.

"DOA could hardly be called as balanced as SF when Jacky/Janne-Lee (bruce lee guy) are OP as a team."

Yeah the tag in DoA is Broken.... its easily outclassed by UMvC and TTT2.... theres just no excuses there. Thats why theres barley any Tag specific tournaments even when people play teams they play one on one... most of the time. Jacky and Jan Lee aren't even the most powerful Team.

Tag Mode is at its best when you know nothing about how it works that way you can't easily Exploit it. And that makes it fun when you got 4 controllers and 3 friends. :)

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#187 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

:( unable to login into the beta servers. Anyone else experiencing this right now?

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 XboxStache

@Lulu_Lulu: LOL. DOA's throws are better looking. I'll give you that, but the actual range of them are iffy. I didn't say standing like just standing idly. But it doesn't work in range unlike VF, SC or Tekken. There's a sense of "grabbing" in those games while DOA pisses me off when I watch my fingers cip through a character at the best range. What DOA excels at is counters, stuns and stringing combos.

I've experienced problems with throwing online and incredibly, even offline (at the hardest difficulty, no changes at lower difficulties)

No matter what you say about DOA, and it's a great game in it's own right, it simply doesn't compare to SF. Have you even played SF3? It would make you forget DOA altogether.

Junsei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Junsei
Member since 2004 • 723 Posts

the servers are down right now.... not a good way to start. i barely got 1 game in

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#190 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

You dont need an answer to a question noone has cared about since 1995

Junsei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Junsei
Member since 2004 • 723 Posts

servers are back up... back to the training stage lol

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Lulu_Lulu

@XboxStache:

"but the actual range of them are iffy."

You can get the exact range of Throws in the 2nd Page of the move details accurate to the nearest Centimetre....... you can also bring up the move details on any of the replays you have to check if you genuinely did use the throw at the proper time and at the proper range..... you can't rewind it though so time your pauses correctly.

Remember even on a single character their throws have different ranges.... back throws appearently have better range (because they are usually 3 Frames Slower).

"while DOA pisses me off when I watch my fingers cip through a character at the best range."

This also happens in VF and I'l tell you exactly why...... this usually happens when you try to throw someone when they are not in a big enough disadvantage and they strike you. In Both DoA and VF throws are primarily used for punishing unsafe moves.... because according to the rules: a Strike, no matter how slow, will Always beat a throw regardless of how fast the throw is so long as the first the start up frame of the strike happens before any point in throw before it becomes active. The clipping you're referring to also happens in VF if you try to throw somebody whos about strike you with a slow attack....

What you're going to see your arms clipping through the opponent even well past the point the throw has already become active. It just happens less often because VF Character retract their arm much faster and long before that character is actually able to move again..... its one of things I dislike about VF because alot of moves look deceptively safe because of the animations ending prematurely.

The reason why this happens more often online is because of the shitty netcode..... it makes it extremely difficult to throw punish unsafe moves because of the lag.

Now Tekken on the other hand (as far as Tekken 6 if I can remember correctly) does not abide those same rules..... a faster throw will beat a slower strike so you won't get any of the clipping Shenanigans like in DoA.... I assume the same hold true for Soul Calibur.

I'm assuming you're smart enough to know that you cannot throw a Stunned Opponent since then the throws will obviously clip straight through the opponent (I can show numerous occasions when this happens because thats what an unscuccesful Hold Punish looks like) but just to be sure..... you're not throwing stunned opponents, are you ?

"What DOA excels at is counters, stuns and stringing combos."

And the Environment.... don't forget about the environment....... its the one thing that it has always done better than other 3D fighters through out its existence.

"No matter what you say about DOA, and it's a great game in it's own right, it simply doesn't compare to SF."

I don't think they can be compared anyway.... one is 2D and the other is 3D. I'm just making sure you get your facts right about DoA....

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Here's an exclusive sneak peek of Microsoft's answers.

Answer to BB=Halo 5
Answer to Horizon=Halo 5
Answer to SFV=Halo 5
Answer to UC4=50% Halo 5 and 50% a multiplat that will be available on all systems
Answer to No Man Sky=Halo 5

You look at this and you're like damn that company is laughable.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 XboxStache

@Lulu_Lulu: Thanks for the tips. I had no clue there was information on throw range for each character. This gives me a new perspective on DOA. Guess I'll be playing it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@XboxStache:

LoL... it was Team Ninja's response to what happened with DoA5 Vanilla.... people thought the inputs had a natural 2Frame Lag because you couldn't punish disadvantages like you were suppose to be able to........ in DoA5 Ultimate TN Exapanded the Move Details to show exactly how the attacks work.... people then realised that there wasn't a 2 Frame Lag.... it was just that the previous version didn't give you the first active frame and you couldn't see that Blocking/Holding executes in 0 Frames..... on top of that they added two more pages letting you see distances and Interval Frame Data.

Theres just one thing it doesn't have that I really wanted.... a detailed Input Log, Virtua Fighter has one and its fucking usefull.... I love that thing.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#196  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@XboxStache:

LoL... it was Team Ninja's response to what happened with DoA5 Vanilla.... people thought the inputs had a natural 2Frame Lag because you couldn't punish disadvantages like you were suppose to be able to........ in DoA5 Ultimate TN Exapanded the Move Details to show exactly how the attacks work.... people then realised that there wasn't a 2 Frame Lag.... it was just that the previous version didn't give you the first active frame and you couldn't see that Blocking/Holding executes in 0 Frames..... on top of that they added two more pages letting you see distances and Interval Frame Data.

Theres just one thing it doesn't have that I really wanted.... a detailed Input Log, Virtua Fighter has one and its fucking usefull.... I love that thing.

It does?

On all of them?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: Street Fighter is all about getting into your opponent's head, dude. I don't know what you're on.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Lulu_Lulu

@Ant_17:

LoL... my bad... I meant VF5 Final Showdown.... its the only version of the series I have.... I don't know about the others.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#199 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Ant_17:

LoL... my bad... I meant VF5 Final Showdown.... its the only version of the series I have.... I don't know about the others.

Thanks for killing my dreams of get gud at the game.

I have VF5 vanilla.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Lulu_Lulu

@DarkLink77:

Street Fighter is about using whatever technique and tricks you can to win without having to bother about what you're opponent is thinking. However this type of thing is character matchup specific.

For example.... in a E.Honda vs. Adon matchup.... Adon has a "Meaty Option Select" that prevents E.Honda from retaliating once has been knocked down. He can shutdown all his Invincible Wake Specials, Supers and Ultras and his ability to Back dash or use a Focus Attack on Wake Up.

On screen it looks like the Adom player is using mind games to make it seem like he can counter all of E. Honda's wake ups but in actually all his doing is exploiting how Capcom programmed the Input Buffer.

I think Theres a similar one for Ryu and Bison.

Thats your precious Street Fighter in a nutshell.... well atleast as Far as Super Street IV goes. Perhaps Ultra Street Fighter IV places more or less Emphasis on Mind Games. I don't really care.... I have no interest in that type of "Pseudo Mind game".