What's Microsoft's answer to SFV?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Horuu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By -Horuu-
Member since 2015 • 39 Posts
@davem1992 said:
@RR360DD said:
@davem1992 said:
@RR360DD said:
@quadknight said:
@RR360DD said:

LOL fighters. Its 2015, no one cares.

Keep saying this if it helps you sleep better at night.

At the end of the day, the 6 Xbox fans who actually care will just buy SFV when it finally launches on Xbox One.

Thanks for beta testing it cows

That would work if it was ever coming to Xbox One lem.

You lot are the ones beta testing RoTR for the others.

LOL so naive

It'll come to Xbox.

lol nope, afraid not.

Give me reasons though so I can laugh.

Would it upset you if it did, Davem?

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@-horuu- said:
@davem1992 said:
@RR360DD said:
@davem1992 said:
@RR360DD said:
@quadknight said:
@RR360DD said:

LOL fighters. Its 2015, no one cares.

Keep saying this if it helps you sleep better at night.

At the end of the day, the 6 Xbox fans who actually care will just buy SFV when it finally launches on Xbox One.

Thanks for beta testing it cows

That would work if it was ever coming to Xbox One lem.

You lot are the ones beta testing RoTR for the others.

LOL so naive

It'll come to Xbox.

lol nope, afraid not.

Give me reasons though so I can laugh.

Would it upset you if it did, Davem?

Nope but it won't, so no reason to be upset.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1482 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@XboxStache: Well, then you prefer Street Fighter to KI. That doesn't change the fact that Microsoft has a 1st party exclusive fighting game: Killer Instinct.

Double Helix are a third party developer.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#105 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@davem1992 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Umm... SFV is on PC.

Um so?

MS don't get any money for the game.

They will with all the new pc gamers buying MS keys.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#106 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@moistcarrot said:
@StormyJoe said:

@XboxStache: Well, then you prefer Street Fighter to KI. That doesn't change the fact that Microsoft has a 1st party exclusive fighting game: Killer Instinct.

Double Helix was not the sole developer, Rare was also involved, albeit not to the same degree. It's a 3rd/1st party game if you want to get technical.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@360ru13r:

LoL.... sounds good to me.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 davem1992

@Gaming-Planet said:
@davem1992 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Umm... SFV is on PC.

Um so?

Um no, MS don't get a cent from PC gaming unless they themselves publish the game.

MS get NOTHING from SFV.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@davem1992 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@davem1992 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Umm... SFV is on PC.

Um so?

Um no, MS don't get a cent from PC gaming unless they themselves publish the game.

MS get NOTHING from SFV.

I'm talking about all the xbox gamers buying Microsoft Windows keys to start their PC gaming journey to play SFV.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 davem1992

@Gaming-Planet said:
@davem1992 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@davem1992 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Umm... SFV is on PC.

Um so?

MS get NOTHING from SFV.

I'm talking about all the xbox gamers buying Microsoft Windows keys to start their PC gaming journey to play SFV.

lol but I thought Xbox gamers hated Capcom and SF all of a sudden, they would've gladly bent over for them when DR3 was exclusive.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Lulu_Lulu

WoW this is actually quite sad.... and not in a funny kind of way.

Since when did System Warriors get their panties in twist about Exclusive Fighting Games ?

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

LMFAO lems show an unbelievable level of ignorance and stupidity in this thread. The desperation is real.

"it's sony's answer to Killer Instinct"?

"Who cares fighters don't matter"?

"it's on PC and MS owns PC"?

"They don't need an answer"?

Really lems? haha oh wow you guys are more out of touch than I thought.

First of all this is about what MS is going to answer with FOR XBONE you goofs. This game is going to be marketed like a PS4 exclusive full stop and the PC version will not help xbone one bit for any console gamers. And you guys are seriously saying KI, a game already out and no one gives a flying **** about even now, is supposed to be an answer to the newest version of the most legendary fighting game series in history? Do you have any idea how dumb that sounds????

That is like saying Killzone Shadow Fall is an answer to something like Half Life 3, it's preposterous.

Listen up short sighted FPS focused MS rangers, EVERY genre of games has at least 1 franchise name that is considered a household fan-favored mega money hit around the world; in fighting games, that name is Street Fighter. That is how certain RTS, MMO and RPGs always produce millions in sales despite not being mainstream casual FPS; simply put Street Fighter is the Halo of fighting games in recognition and sales.

You can't just dismiss an entire genre by saying "hur hur fighting games who cares" like children, that's an entire demographic of gamers ALL AROUND THE WORLD.

Going by the sales chart is SF may be the worst title xbone could have lost rights to at this point...

Total Units

North America:1.98m48.3%
+ Europe:1.03m25.1%
+ Japan:0.58m14.1%
+ Rest of the World:0.51m12.5%
= Global

4.09m

because the mojority of it's fan base (acording to sales) is from the United States! FYI, those are just PS4 numbers. So when saying lol fighters, you are also saying lol to xbones biggest teretory the US. To give a better idea of where SF sits compared to other fighting franchise up to now.

• Tekken 6 (2.73m)
  • Mortal Kombat (2.72m)
  • Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (1.90m)
  • UFC 2009 Undisputed (1.75m)
  • Fight Night Round 3 (1.66m)
  • Fight Night Round 4 (1.51m)
  • SoulCalibur IV (1.45m)
  • UFC Undisputed 2010 (1.40m)
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (1.33m)
  • WWE SmackDown vs Raw 2008 (1.32m)
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (1.20m)
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us (1.18m)
  • WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 (1.17m)
  • WWE '12 (1.16m)
  • Fight Night Champion (1.10m)
  • WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 (1.08m)
  • Virtua Fighter 5 (1.08m)
  • Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm (1.06m)
  • UFC Undisputed 3 (1.02m)
  • WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 (0.93m)

Street Fighter is the TOP selling fighting game franchise period, and it's not going to be on xbone!

I think that is what TC is trying to get through to people in here. The comments in this thread speaks to the ignorance of the die-hard lemming fan base.

Omg, thank you!

You worded this much better than I did. With Microsoft so far behind the PS4 (and keep in mind, it's not about outdoing PS4, it's about providing an equal playing field for your fanbase), you'd think Phil Spencer would think "there's so much hype for SFV...we can't give our Xbox players this game...so what else can we offer them?", but he doesn't. Fighting games are an important genre, especially in the competitive gaming scene...Lems are just damage controlling once again and it looks pathetic.

That's why PS4's the better choice...at least games are coming that Sony gamers actually anticipate coming.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#113 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@blackace said:

@XboxStache: SFV isn't greatness, so there really doesn't need to be an answer. SFV is basically SFIV with some new characters and more and better animation. That's about it. If you already own SFIV, you really don't need to get SFV. If you do, don't waste $60 on it.

lol not really bro. changed up fighting mechanics for this game...

and for a fighting games, every game has subtle differences that makes a big deal. i am a tekken player and every game, character balance changes...its significant if you try to play fighting games more than casually

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#114 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

@blackace said:

@XboxStache: SFV isn't greatness, so there really doesn't need to be an answer. SFV is basically SFIV with some new characters and more and better animation. That's about it. If you already own SFIV, you really don't need to get SFV. If you do, don't waste $60 on it.

Man i know this generation is a going to be a 5-6 year nightmare for the xbox fanbase, but you guys used to try harder. You're telling one the most dedicated fanbases in the world to skip the newest iteration of their beloved fighting franchise, to pass it up simply because its no on Xbox One, that's your take on this matter? It'd be reasonable to say, they dont have to Play it on PS4, its coming to PC and they can stream the PC from PC to Xbox one using windows 10 (PC piggy backing xbox is nothing but further humiliation on the poor thing) but at least thats an option, as a matter of fact someone else already brought it up.

Man is the xbox truly in such a pitiful state of affairs, being purposely ignored by more and more devs every year, that this sort of ridiculous answers is all xbox fans can come forward with, TELLING FANS OF A CLASSIC ALL TIME FAVORITE FIGHTING GAME TO PASS UP ON IT BECAUSE ITS NOT ON XBOX, sorry for the all caps but this is laughable.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@AgentA-Mi6 said:
@blackace said:

Man i know this generation is a going to be a 5-6 year nightmare for the xbox fanbase, but you guys used to try harder. You're telling one the most dedicated fanbases in the world to skip the newest iteration of their beloved fighting franchise, to pass it up simply because its no on Xbox One, that's your take on this matter? It'd be reasonable to say, they dont have to Play it on PS4, its coming to PC and they can stream the PC from PC to Xbox one using windows 10 (PC piggy backing xbox is nothing but further humiliation on the poor thing) but at least thats an option, as a matter of fact someone else already brought it up.

Man is the xbox truly in such a pitiful state of affairs, being purposely ignored by more and more devs every year, that this sort of ridiculous answers is all xbox fans can come forward with, TELLING FANS OF A CLASSIC ALL TIME FAVORITE FIGHTING GAME TO PASS UP ON IT BECAUSE ITS NOT ON XBOX, sorry for the all caps but this is laughable.

it's ok bro, if lems thought 2015 was bad 2016 is going to be a nightmare. Most MS 2016 games don't even have projections dates but both SFV and UC4 are coming out within months of each other in 1st Quarter. It's going to be a nasty devastation of domination.

Holiday Season be damned, Sony is going to release UC4 around income TAX season March-April (sony figured out that is when people in the US have the most disposable income). UC will be plaster on advertisements everywhere around that time and SF V will be the newest and biggest attraction for online fighting game in 2016. If MS doesn't release at least 2 of their biggest exclusive games and in the 1Q 2016, and be truely amazing.....it's over for xbone this generation.

Both SF and UC are the most praised in their respective genres and both are guaranteed to generate millions in sales. MS has shown some nice looking CGI but if they don't release some tangible games for this 1, 2 punch Sony is gearing up to slam in their face 1Q 2016 they are dead. If they wait til the end of the year to release all their big games like they have done this year, mark my words, it's a wrap.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Lulu_Lulu

@jsmoke03:

Na I'm with Blacklace..... so far the new features in Street Fighter V.... specifically the V-Skills are actually things other characters have been able to do normally since Street Fighter III.... they are literally just shuffling and repurposing old mechanics and give it a fancy name..... the few things that really are new to Street Fighter have existed in other Fighter for quite some time.....

So yeah.... SFV is not as progressive as it appears.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

They won't have one, because not many fighting games have the fanbase of a Street Fighter. Most of that genre is going to need to sell respectable in Japan as well, so chances of them landing like a Tekken exclusive or something isn't happening.

Personally I think the game will be fantastic, because Street Fighter 4 is fantastic to this day. Chances they one up themselves on 4 is highly unlikely, but after the boredom fuel that is Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat X, I'm down for some Street Fighter. Otherwise my fighting game itch has only been handled by Guilty Gear and Smash, and I don't own an arcade stick for the PS4 yet, and Smash is fun, but it's not my type of fighting game (inb4 derp not a fighting game bitchanomics from both sides). SFV I plan on playing on my PC.

Junsei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Junsei
Member since 2004 • 723 Posts

So system wars care about Street fighter now ?. after all that crap about the many versions of Street fighter IV. now all i see is a bunch of flipflop fan boys hopping on the bandwagon for a "exclusive" fighter. ill stay on SRK for fighter conversations its way too random on gamespot lol

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@moistcarrot said:
@StormyJoe said:

Fine. It's a 2nd party - MS owns the IP.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

@Junsei said:

So system wars care about Street fighter now ?. after all that crap about the many versions of Street fighter IV. now all i see is a bunch of flipflop fan boys hopping on the bandwagon for a "exclusive" fighter. ill stay on SRK for fighter conversations its way too random on gamespot lol

It's already mutiplat PC/PS4 and as soon as it's announced coming to X1 as well suddenly nobody will care about this game.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#121 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@davem1992 said:
@TigerSuperman said:

@XboxStache: So you're excluding a game because YOU SPECIFICALLY don't like it?

Well i can't help you with your flawed logic.

@davem1992 said:

Jesus reading the thread is actually quite annoying as a gamer in general, just seeing a fun game like Killer Instinct get so much shit because it's not as polished or as deep as a Capcom game even though it's still an insanely fun game (only reason I kept Xbox One).

Then the lems trying to convince themselves that SFV is just another SFIV (even though if you have half a brain you can tell from gameplay it's not true) and that the PC version will make MS money or can be streamed to Xbox (both ain't happening).

Pathetic.

Yes Capcom games are so polished they had numerous edition releases and DLC fixes while KI had had like, yeah.

That moment where season 2 was one big polish up of KI whilst SFIV was to add more characters and to keep the system up to date.

Even then, SFIV is still a better made game than KI cana ever dream of being.

Vanilla Street Fighter IV is horrendous what are you talking about? Not even close to more polished (but not trash.)

@kinectthedots said:
@intotheminx said:
@XboxStache said:

And before anyone brings up Killer Instinct...I have it. Both seasons with all DLC. It lacks the balance and polish of a proper Capcom fighter.

Daigo Umehara, Ricky Ortiz, Justin Wong, Snake Eyez, Nemo, Low tier God and all the greats will guarantee that "it factor" for the PS4...while Killer Instinct...excuse me...Killer Instink still plays "hurr hurr ha har-ya har har huh huh hoo am pull off big combo"...so what's Microsoft's answer to SFV in your opinion? I already re-bought a PS4 awaiting greatness that is SFV....

They do not need a answer. SFV will not move 10 million PS4 units or anything.

lol it don't have to sell 10mil PS4's but It's the top name in the fighting video games and unlike KI or any those "best xbox lineup ever" games save Halo 5, it will be a true system seller.

"The console versions for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 were released in Japan on February 12, 2009, and were sold in North American stores as early as February 16,....By March 31, 2009, Street Fighter IV had sold over 3 million copies worldwide"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_IV#cite_note-capcom_platinum-15

In total SFIV has sold 8 million units WW. MS doesn't need to answer?

If you say so but SFV alone is a strong enough title to sell more consoles for PS3 than xbone's entire holiday line-up outside of Halo 5 and that's before UC4 comes out all in 1Q 2016. Damage control aside lems, the backlash from MS not ever having SFV on xbone is going to be tremendous.

No because it took SFIV years and multiple iterations to reach that number. What is there to answer?

Again, MKX on Xbox One alone will probably sell more than SFV's LTD for a while.

SF strongest point in the franchise after running II into the ground, was the around 3 million it sold with Vanilla SFIV. SF isn't that strong of a franchise, and now we are talking about an exclusive game, with barely any BIG changes outside mechanics to 4, releasing in what? Spring? and this time there won't be separate iterations retail wise.

How much do you think it's going to actually sell?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Lulu_Lulu

@jg4xchamp:

No Love for DoA ? :(

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@Junsei:

SRK is just not my type of Community, they have this mindset that I found very annoying.... I would call it Anti-Progressive.

You know how Street Fighter players are....

Junsei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Junsei

@Lulu_Lulu: SRK is the FGC. what is this mindset you are talking about ?. did you even play fighters ?. to you go to tourneys ?. i promise you will think differently if you are really involved

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Lulu_Lulu

@Junsei:

"did you even play fighters ?"

LoL why would be on SRK if I didn't play Fighters ?

Anyway no I don't go to Tourneys..... probably because there aren't any to go to in my country. Not that it matters, my issue is with the SRK Forum. The majority mind set in there is very very welcoming but anti-progressive as if everybody their still thinks its the 90's compared to other Forums that are abit more open minded like Fantasy Strike, Free Step Dodge and possibly Whatever MKX calls theirs.

Junsei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Junsei

@Lulu_Lulu: I dont know man but i think you are wrong with anti-progressive talk but its your opinion i have no choice to respect it

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Lulu_Lulu

@Junsei:

Its not just an oppinion.... go in there and bring up the topic that Street Fighter's 6 button set up is highly impractical and that they should reduce the number of necessary buttons to play the game down so that it work make using a modern controller more practical to play the game......

The majority of users there won't even consiser it.... any attempt to try and change something for better or worse, people treat it like its the work of Satan. I'm not saying that everybody on SRK but that is the dominating way of thinking there.

That type of thing is actually the Minority in FSD and VFDC.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Junsei:

Its not just an oppinion.... go in there and bring up the topic that Street Fighter's 6 button set up is highly impractical and that they should reduce the number of necessary buttons to play the game down so that it work make using a modern controller more practical to play the game......

The majority of users there won't even consiser it.... any attempt to try and change something for better or worse, people treat it like its the work of Satan. I'm not saying that everybody on SRK but that is the dominating way of thinking there.

I agree with this. Look at how SFXTekken was treated due to gems and such. Also, a lot of users do not have very nice things to say about other fighting games besides SF. Not the best forum for fighting games.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Lulu_Lulu

@intotheminx:

Which is messed up because they do have Boards for other Fighting Games there like Skull Girls and Mortal Kombat.

Personally I think if you don't play Street Fighter then theres no reason to be integrated with SRK's community... rather go to the forums that are actually for the fighting games you like..... for Dead Or Alive its FSD and I think for Tekken I think its Tekken Zaibatsu..... lol I really don't like Tekken

Junsei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Junsei

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Junsei:

sounds like gamespot forums doesnt it

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Junsei:

So, you aren't really a core fighting gamer, just a casual who happens to play a few fighters, that makes sense.

What you are suggesting is like telling a hard core PC FPS player they should use a console controllers instead of keyboard and mouse because it's simpler to just use one device for controls.

I've never heard anything so ridiculous from anyone who's a fighting gamer before. If these games were important to you then you'd by a custom controller for the issue you are referring to, not ask to have the controls and game dumbed down. But then again you were hyping up Killer Instinct over SF so whateves lol it all makes sense now.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Lulu_Lulu

@Junsei:

LoL.... it does... it really does.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Lulu_Lulu

@playharderfool:

"So, you aren't really a core fighting gamer..."

Thats a very bold statement to be making just because I'm not a Core STREET Fighter. You know didly squat about which fighting games I actually do specialise in.

"If these games were important to you then you'd by a custom controller"

Fighting Games are difficulty to get into and Street Fighter and Virtua Fighter have a high execution barrier..... Arcade Sticks and Fight Pads are expensive. Do you honestly think some newbie is going to gamble $200 on a controller for a game they're not sure they might even enjoy. Yeah I think at the very least they should consider that fact before they include Just Frames and Tiger Knee Motions that are too impractical for normal default controllers..... which make up the majority of people who buy fighting games.

How many did SF sell in total ? Alot right...... how many of those people do you think own Arcade Sticks ?

This is exactly what I dislike about SRK. They don't give 2 shits about new players or practicality. Street Fighter has 6 buttons and difficult physical execution because of "Reasons".

You should have seen the article James Chen put on SRK regarding the roller of input execution in fighting games. That community just thinks differently from a normal, default controller using, gamer such as myself.....

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 XboxStache

@intotheminx said:
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Junsei:

I agree with this. Look at how SFXTekken was treated due to gems and such. Also, a lot of users do not have very nice things to say about other fighting games besides SF. Not the best forum for fighting games.

I like KOF, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Samurai Showdown, Kaiser Knuckle (yes, even though it's brutally difficult), the old World Heroes series, Bloody Roar series, Naruto, Dead or Alive and many more...but I'm not gonna pretend that Street Fighter isn't the most balanced of fighting games that's easy to jump into but hard to master...you need spacing, reaction time, reads, combos, defense and an understanding of frames to master street fighter...when I play Blazblue, Persona or Guilty Gear, it's different, hell, even KOF is a much different monster.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Lulu_Lulu

@XboxStache:

Haha.... you really think Street Fighter (pick any version you want) is the most balanced fighting game ?

Mind you this is the same series with so many counter matchups that people think if only 5 of its entire roster is tournament viable then its a perfecr game.

I'm sorry but I just don't buy it.... and I don't even know what Street Fighter's Tier Chart looks like.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@jg4xchamp:

No Love for DoA ? :(

I don't support Hayashi, Tecmo didn't pay my boy Itagaki and ruined Ninja Gaiden, you know assuming if Ninja Gaiden 3 existed, which it doesnt, so I do not care if his tribute band made a "mechanically more balanced" game. Because otherwise as much as I like Itagaki and found DOA 2-4 fun, I was more of a Virtua Fighter guy in 3d, and when I wanted a dumber 3d fighter, I'll admit Soul Calibur is my jam for that. I might cave on DOA 5 on the next steam sale.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Lulu_Lulu

@jg4xchamp:

That last part made me smile. :)

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#139 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

There's no answer. MS aren't focus on anything but shooters because that's their main audience.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23721 Posts

@Legend002 said:

There's no answer. MS aren't focus on anything but shooters because that's their main audience.

This post is an oldie. 2004 vintage.

Pretty sure Sony has more shooter franchises too lol.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Street Fighter V is about to usher in new golden era for fighting games. Well maybe not, but SFV itself is going to be HUGE and PS4/PC gamers will be playing it for a long time.

I don't think multiplats going exclusive(or console exclusive) is a good thing so I won't gloat, but Xbox One only gamers are gonna miss out big time. So much hype for the beta tomorrow l.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Lulu_Lulu

@StrongBlackVine:

And that's the cold hard truth. :(

Anyway have fun in the beta and I'd be more than happy to read your initial impressions if you decide to blog or thread it. ;)

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 XboxStache

@StrongBlackVine said:

Street Fighter V is about to usher in new golden era for fighting games. Well maybe not, but SFV itself is going to be HUGE and PS4/PC gamers will be playing it for a long time.

I don't think multiplats going exclusive(or console exclusive) is a good thing so I won't gloat, but Xbox One only gamers are gonna miss out big time. So much hype for the beta tomorrow l.

Hopefully, my PS4 arrives tomorrow! The hype is beyond epic!

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@XboxStache said:

@FoxbatAlpha: No. Those are your words. KI doesn't even compare to SFV; and denial isn't gonna change that perspective.

It's a niche title at best. Spam combo, spam combo, combo breaker, shadow counter, Ultra....and everyone uses Jago...the one guy with the most balance in the game. I'm not giving Microsoft a pass for this ****-up. They fucked up. Now Big-headed Phil can make it up to us.

Microsoft disagrees with you. They aren't going to "make it up to you" because they don't care. Sorry. They have KIller Instinct, if you don't like it...oh well. You can play fighters on PS4 if you'd prefer, as it appears you soon will.

Microsoft does on the other hand have a stellar lineup in the next year for non-fighters, which will undoubtedly move millions of Xbones.

What is the Sony "answer" for Halo? They don't have one. I guess Sony has to "make it up" to Sony fans? No, they don't. Consoles don't have to offer directly mirrored game lineups to compete with each other.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Junsei said:

I don't know about other people here but I'm a huge fighting game fan and have always cared about Street Fighter. I own almost all the SF games even though SF isn't the main fighter I play. SF is very popular in the fighting game community for a reason, and MS losing it is a huge blow.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@the_funyarinpa said:
@blackace said:

Even though this in essence is true, people who have sf4 will get 5

Well some people here have little to no knowledge of what Street Fighter IV was and what Street Fighter V is. Most of the buzz around Street Fighter V right now is how vastly different from IV it is.

-No focus attacks and all related mechanics such as FADC

-No invincibility on back dashes

-no crouch techs

-less reliance on jab confirms

-almost no hard knockdowns

-addition of new meter/mechanic called the V-gauge

-combo breaking

-no more ULTRA comeback mechanic. Instead players have to skillfully utilize their V-gauge to make a comeback.

-etc,etc, etc

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:
@XboxStache said:

@FoxbatAlpha: No. Those are your words. KI doesn't even compare to SFV; and denial isn't gonna change that perspective.

It's a niche title at best. Spam combo, spam combo, combo breaker, shadow counter, Ultra....and everyone uses Jago...the one guy with the most balance in the game. I'm not giving Microsoft a pass for this ****-up. They fucked up. Now Big-headed Phil can make it up to us.

Microsoft disagrees with you. They aren't going to "make it up to you" because they don't care. Sorry. They have KIller Instinct, if you don't like it...oh well. You can play fighters on PS4 if you'd prefer, as it appears you soon will.

Microsoft does on the other hand have a stellar lineup in the next year for non-fighters, which will undoubtedly move millions of Xbones.

What is the Sony "answer" for Halo? They don't have one. I guess Sony has to "make it up" to Sony fans? No, they don't. Consoles don't have to offer directly mirrored game lineups to compete with each other.

and why would they need an answer to Halo when COD and BF sell better than any Halo game? They already have exclsuive marketing rights to Black Ops 3 (easily the biggest game this year) and Star Wars Battlefront 3 which will sell millions of PS4s to shooter fans.

MS doesn't have anything remotely close to Street Fighter in terms of selling Xbox consoles to fighting game fans. With SFV being exclusive to PS4/PC most of the fighting game community will move on to PS4.

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

I have't purchased a street fighter game since it was on Super Nintendo. I don't feel like I care about this at all, but for some reason Sony fans are telling me that I do care...so I guess that means I have to...?

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 XboxStache

@Bruin1986 said:
@XboxStache said:

I don't care what Microsoft agrees with. That's why they're so far behind the PS4 right now and fail to send a message to 360 owners. When I had 360, and even the PS3, (still have them) I wasn't worrying about lack of game genres, I literally had the world at my fingertips. Killer Instinct is an okay game, but will never compare to SFV. Just think of character recognition, outside of TJ Combo, Cinder, Orchid and Jago, no one actually cares about the roster at hand.

In Street fighter there's Ken, Akuma, Chun-Li Dan, Ryu, Balrog, Bison, Blanka, Dhalsim, Sagat and damn near the entire roster being memorable save for low-tier guys like Deejay.

Graphically speaking, they're worlds apart. Killer Instinct looks like anything the 360 was capable of with the exception of Particles. Gameplay-wise, guys like Daigo Umehara, Momochi, Low tier God, Pie Smug and the gang aren't really after the KI scene at all. Sorry to burst your bubble.

And what's Sony's answer to Halo? Who cares!!! Halo 5 looks like it runs on the Halo 4 engine anyway, and 343 still aren't gonna give the fans what they want like Offline multiplayer with bots or split screen...think about Uncharted 4 and dat epic mud graphics and next-gen gameplay before you bring up tired Halo. I'm not even hyped for it; and while you nitpick Sony, at least Sony hasn't shown an exclusive for the PS4 3 years in a row without a proper release like Quantum Break..you're just making excuses for big head Phil and Microsoft when they're out of touch. Watch the X1 flop despite me actually owning and liking the console.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@k--m--k said:

Do people actually have a reason for hating on VGcharts or this another mindless tradition in SW?

VGchartz has a history of never being accurate.

The only legit way you can use vg chartz is by saying something like, "xyz game has sold at least xyz units" VGChartz is known for underestimating not overestimating:

• For months VGchartz pretended PC sales for BF3 did not exist straight up ignored them in their total count.
  • Another example is that Bethesda claimed Skyrim sales surpassed 20m, but VGchartz still haven't updated about 2m short.

Anyway, his main point was that KI is nowhere near close in terms of popularity compared to SF franchise. They know it, we know it, right now well they were just jerking his chain cuz on this forum you bloody well can.