What will TITANFALL score on GS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

Poll What will TITANFALL score on GS? (244 votes)

AAAA (10) 11%
AAA (9.X) 46%
AA (8.X) 34%
A (7.X) 5%
Below 7 4%

The TITANFALL beta may be over, but now the fun begins in SW. It's time to stake your claim and own your prediction. What will the GS review be? This is where you lay it all on the line. Make your prediction and stick to it.

Here's your brief "How To Hype Thread" reminder:

• Vote using the poll options above
  • Make a post explaining your vote
  • Stick to your guns and own your choice

A couple extra notes -- Don't under-vote in order to save face, that's just annoying. Go all out, and if you over-hyped or if the majority votes higher than the score, that's okay -- just own it.

And now, some pretty things to look at, and don't forget this still counts as the TITANFALL sticky, so all other related discussions are absolutely, completely, 150% Randy Jackson welcome here.

Go forth and VOTE.

• 
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Basing on the hype so far, I think it'll score a 9. I'm personally feel indifferent about it as it's a MP FPS, but i know how the industry is so crazy for one.

So hopefully a 9, the tears will be delicious.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#202 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Harisemo said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Titanshit will be mostly 7s. I can see Polygon, IGN and maybe Lamespot giving it 10s because of massive corruption in the industry.

It'll sell 200,000 more Xbones, maybe, though for the most part people who already want an Xbone for Titanshit have already got it.

dat butthurt. 7 or 10, the game is amazing. I'm sad cows will miss out.

Cows will miss out until they have a cheap 360 or a moderately-powered rig.

Lems seem to have difficulty wrapping their head around the concept of exclusivity.

LOL now you need a 360 or a PC to make up for the PS4's lack of games .... hahahaha.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#204 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

Mac, that's not even the best one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z79kgVqWx0g

My God... o_o

Just post it!

Loading Video...

That's so good, what an awesome game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46445 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@millerlight89 said:

I've seen a lot of people bitching about the number of maps on several sites. I think it is a solid number. You can bet there will be dlc maps too. If the rest are as good as the 2 in the beta, it's going to be great. These guys should give DICE a class on map building.

It's bloody plenty of maps. What is it 14-15? That's loads and falls in line with most other FPS games. In fact it's 4 or 5 more than what BF4 launched with

DICE's map design has gone to shit lately, they try too much to force realistic looking or feeling battlegrounds into their games instead of making actual balanced ones. Stuff like Dawnbreaker,Seine crossing,Damavand peak, Operation metro are all trying to be realistic sort of cities or locations and they play horribly. It's like they build the maps first and then work the players into them later instead of making the maps around the mechanics

Agreed. 14 maps is a good number, and like millerlight said: if they are as good as the 2 in the beta it will be a looooong time before

BF3 + DLC had a lot of maps, but only a handful of them were actually good. The only ones that are memorable to me where the Aftermath maps because they had something happening in them. Besides that I liked the BF2 remade maps the most... I think that says something.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@musicalmac said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

Mac, that's not even the best one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z79kgVqWx0g

My God... o_o

Just post it!

Loading Video...

That's so good, what an awesome game.

very cool

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@II_Seraphim_II said:

Based on sheer hype and the level of industry dick riding, I dont expect anything below a 9.0. A possible 8.5 is McShea is handling the review but save for that, its definitely getting an AAA. Now please, before you go all on defense, I'm not commenting on the quality of the game. Perhaps it really does deserve an AAA score, I dunno, I haven't played it or the demo. What I'm saying is that I have a feeling hype is going to be the leading determiner of score, if the quality of the game happens to match the hype then that's an added bonus.

They don't do .5 intervals anymore. I'm going with a 9.0 score. It looks like a super fun game. Between that, Ground Zeroes, and Second Son, March is looking slick.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#208  Edited By Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

6.0 =P

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#209 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

@Randolph: Thanks for the clarification! Been a while since I've been on GS, so they changed the .5 system huh? I guess thats a good thing. Anyways, like I said, I wasnt in the Titanfall beta but from what I have seen I'm curious to try it. People say it's COD with mechs, but I actually enjoyed COD....and I love mechs, so I dont see that as an insult at all :P

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4864 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

I'm looking foreward to resolving the latest CBoat debacle too.

He said that he was sticking to his guns about Alpha Textures being final; incidentally, that can mean two entirely different things ;)

That can't be true. The beta textures were already better than the alpha textures, at least on the Bone.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#211 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

92% of SW are saying 8 or better. Interesting.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@lhughey said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

He said that he was sticking to his guns about Alpha Textures being final; incidentally, that can mean two entirely different things ;)

That can't be true. The beta textures were already better than the alpha textures, at least on the Bone.

But Alpha Textures could refer to... Well, Alpha Textures, which is speculated to be a source of fps problems when Titans show up.

Remember CBoat's nonsensical lingo ;)

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

I've seen a lot of people bitching about the number of maps on several sites. I think it is a solid number. You can bet there will be dlc maps too. If the rest are as good as the 2 in the beta, it's going to be great. These guys should give DICE a class on map building.

Cod Ghosts has 14 maps too but the big thing is that Ghosts has a sp campaign. A mp only game should have more mp maps than a sp/mp game.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

@lhughey said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

But Alpha Textures could refer to... Well, Alpha Textures, which are speculated to be a source of fps problems, when Titans show up.

Everyone understands alpha textures means low quality textures used during Titanfall alpha test in order to reduce the download size, cboat can't twist that to mean something else. He's already been proven wrong when the beta was released so it's surprising he's still sticking to his claims.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#216  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

From what I've played so far, it's looking like a 8.

If it launches with extra modes and include monster battles and other features we haven't even tried yet, it should get a 9. If it gets a 7, GS needs to fire all their employees and close down this site.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@Harisemo said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@lhughey said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

But Alpha Textures could refer to... Well, Alpha Textures, which are speculated to be a source of fps problems, when Titans show up.

Everyone understands alpha textures means low quality textures used during Titanfall alpha test in order to reduce the download size, cboat can't twist that to mean something else. He's already been proven wrong when the beta was released so it's surprising he's still sticking to his claims.

I suppose we'll see soon ;) I'm just here for the damage control, regardless of who ends up needing it.

Edit:

CBoat's original Gaf thread. Notice how Alpha Textures are only mentioned in the thread title and not in any particularly specific sense?

"Tintnfall - 16 maaps fo laucnh, bxone alph a textures ARE fin@l assets"

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#218  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44611 Posts

if Infamous scores a 7 and Titanfall scores a 10 the amount of hate on this site is going to be huge and people are going to threaten to leave for IGN, Giant Bomb, NeoGAF, whatever

reviewers know this an won't let it come to it, even if such scores were earned entirely on the games' merits

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I've been killed by bots before but this is pretty embarrassing. lol

Loading Video...

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#220 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

I'm saying 9. 8 minimum.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#221 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

@mems_1224: Ouch. I seriously wish I had access to this beta.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 mems_1224

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/02/26/titanfall-goes-gold.aspx

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#223 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Eh, 8.5 would have been a safe guess on the old rating scale, this is kinda hard. I'm gonna go with 8 for now though, but I doubt it'll be any lower that. Definitely an 8 or 9

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#224 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

7/10

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

Honestly, I just have a feeling it's going to get a 7/10. Not sure why.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It will score a 9. Too much money involved for it to be flopped.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@Doolz2024 said:

I'm saying 9. 8 minimum.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Cranler

The unique gameplay would guarantee a 9 but the lack of content could bring it down.

COVAtheNOVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 COVAtheNOVA
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

9.5 or better.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/02/26/titanfall-goes-gold.aspx

Was about to post this. Let's find out how it sells.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#231  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Did you play the beta? It's badass. Then again, I suspect some critics may whine about how it doesn't have single-player content.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@COVAtheNOVA said:

9.5 or better.

GSpot doesn't give out .5 anymore but if they did I would agree.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

A great game is a great game. Doesn't mean MS is worth a crap.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

According to MS: "“the most addictive game ever”, the “most important game in years”, and the “next generation of gaming”"

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#235 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I predict an 8.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#236 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@Cranler said:

@millerlight89 said:

Cod Ghosts has 14 maps too but the big thing is that Ghosts has a sp campaign. A mp only game should have more mp maps than a sp/mp game.

Im sure titanfall will have higher quality maps. Dont even talk about ghosts. Bad game is baaadd.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@donalbane said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Did you play the beta? It's badass. Then again, I suspect some critics may whine about how it doesn't have single-player content.

I don't really play multiplayer games. I hope it does well though.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

I played about 20 hours worth during the PC beta. Personally, I enjoyed the shit out of it. I'm gonna have to hype this one a 9.0 out of 10.

Soon as the beta ended, I bought without hesitation.

Bought PC version for only $37. That's right you read right, $37! Suck it console kids!

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Rage010101

@Dreams-Visions said:
@SerOlmy said:

I mean that farming bots In TitanFall is about as "competitive" as playing a co-op shooter like Warframe. At least the enemies in Warframe shoot back.

That's a fundamental misunderstanding of their purpose. The bots aren't there to kill you. They're there to help you reduce the time of your titanfall drop. Also, some weapon attachments are linked to you # of bot kills.

Think of the bots as an entity in the game filling a role like minions or creeps do in League of Legends or Dota2. They're a means to a very specific end. In LoL and Dota2, their purpose is to get you faster access to items that increase your killing potential. In Titanfall, their purpose is to get your oversized friend onto the map, get certain burn cards and scopes and silencers. I don't think anyone would suggest LoL and Dota2 aren't "competitive" games because of the presence of bots, right? Neither should you here. You just need to understand what they're there for and how you should interact with them over the course of a match.

===========================================

As for score, it'll be a 9. Because it should be a 9. It will get docked a little for not having a SP campaign and for it's very "cross-gen" graphics (read: very unremarkable). It will score highly for the overall gameplay, speed and fluidity. Gunplay felt great in the Beta and we only had access to like 6 primary weapons. The soundfx and musical score are also all head-of-the-class stuff, only equaled by Battlefield 4. Depending on how good all of the stuff not in the Beta fleshes out the game, it could have been something like a 9.4 (if they still used decimals).

Honestly, after 20 hours playing only 1 mode with 3 classes and 1 Titan, I never really got bored and still want more at this very second. The rush Titanfall can provide is something I haven't felt in an FPS game since...UT99 and Halo 2. It feels like a blast from the past...the best years of competitive FPS gaming, but with 2014 upgrades. I've been trying to go back to BF4 and KZSF since the Beta ended and they're just not as fun anymore. They're still fun mind you, but the excitement and exhilaration found in damn near every TF match is largely absent from those 2 games, for varying reasons. Their camp-ey nature as games, the small irritations (like things that obstruct your path that the game should simply allow you to step over without jumping), the poor net code, the countless glitches, or the dumb respawn placement systems. It all adds up to siphon life away from my ability to enjoy those games.

So yea, that's my opinion. TF is about an order of magnitude more *fun* than BF4, KZSF or CoD. It's not really even a debate in my eyes. It plays faster, it's more entertaining, it's more intense, it's more exciting. The inclusion of MOBA-style AI to farm (thus, always something to do), burn cards, post-game evacuation and Titans breathe a breath of fresh air into the rather stale chemistry of FPS games post CoD4. It's not as pretty as KZSF. It won't have the unnecessarily large weapon selection or 64 players like Battlefield. But it controls like a dream, its soundfx are to die for, and entertains better than both of them put together.

9 (9.4, old system), and our first GoTY candidate.

^ I think you said it best my friend. This is how I felt during the beta. I had a blast and now I'm counting the days til it releases. I really want to play it badly. I'm yearning for it big time!

As far as people who complain about the grunts and spectres in the game have either not even played Titanfall, or are extremely noob at it. They make each game feel like a crazy battlefield, but for players who are more experienced, they serve as a means to get your titan quicker and charge your core ability. They are also a pest when you're a titan, especially if your shields are down and you're trying to take cover to regenerate that shield, only to have some pesky minions barraging you with missiles. My favorite mode was Last Titan Standing and they play a huge role in that mode.

The whole game felt like a breath of fresh air the fps genre really needed. The other popular fps games have been boring for me for years, but now they also feel obsolete after playing Titanfall. The only other fps games I still enjoy are Natural Selection 2 and L4D2. Titanfall is going to be my new go to fps mp game. Loved it and I'm sure the full game is going to only be many times better than the limited stuff we got in the beta. I mean think about that for a minute. The beta was insanely full of fun, and we only had access to 1 titan type, 2 maps, 3 modes, limited amount of weapons/perk/upgrades. I expect the full release to have alot of content that will change everything we thought we knew about Titanfall. And oh ya, it's also going to have monsters/wildlife! It's going to be a blast! Can't wait!

Oh ya forgot to add that once the beta was over, I went and bought my copy on origin without hesitation.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#240 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Its getting a pretty obvious 8.

Reckon it'll be pretty legitimately high on the Meta, (93-94ish).

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Rage010101

@tonitorsi said:

Its getting a pretty obvious 8.

Reckon it'll be pretty legitimately high on the Meta, (93-94ish).

Why would an 8 be obvious? Please explain.

Allurez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Allurez
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts

The existing hype has been going on for a while for a reason, it's something new to the gaming market that no one has ever experienced before. I gave it a 9.X because the multiplayer was complete fun all the time.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By mems_1224

UGH! I should have bought the game when it was $48 from gamefly. I hope GMG or Gamefly have another coupon for it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

UGH! I should have bought the game when it was $48 from gamefly. I hope GMG or Gamefly have another coupon for it.

same here, unfortunately the most recent GMG code was only $7 off :(

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Cranler

@millerlight89 said:

@Cranler said:

@millerlight89 said:

Im sure titanfall will have higher quality maps. Dont even talk about ghosts. Bad game is baaadd.

Ghosts is a high quality game. People hate on it due to it's popularity and yearly releases. CoD Ghosts comes with a campaign, mp with tons of modes, Squad mode and Infestation. Titanfall looks a little light on content in comparison.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 lostrib

@Cranler said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Cranler said:

@millerlight89 said:

Ghosts is a high quality game. People hate on it due to it's popularity and yearly releases. CoD Ghosts comes with a campaign, mp with tons of modes, Squad mode and Infestation. Titanfall looks a little light on content in comparison.

lots of content is meaningless if that content is not very good or engaging

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Cranler

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Cranler said:

@millerlight89 said:

I find the game to be both. I guess I'm not hip enough to hate on CoD.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 lostrib

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@millerlight89 said:

@Cranler said:

@millerlight89 said:

I find the game to be both. I guess I'm not hip enough to hate on CoD.

ooookay then...

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I so hope it flops so I don't have to buy it hehehe. $90AU for the game and $89AU for 12 months Xbox Live gold. Dayummmmn.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Rage010101

@BattleSpectre said:

I so hope it flops so I don't have to buy it hehehe. $90AU for the game and $89AU for 12 months Xbox Live gold. Dayummmmn.

Wow that really blows. All I did was pay $37 US for the definitive PC version. No online subscription requirement, I'm good to go. Just one of PC gaming's many benefits!