What will TITANFALL score on GS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

Poll What will TITANFALL score on GS? (244 votes)

AAAA (10) 11%
AAA (9.X) 46%
AA (8.X) 34%
A (7.X) 5%
Below 7 4%

The TITANFALL beta may be over, but now the fun begins in SW. It's time to stake your claim and own your prediction. What will the GS review be? This is where you lay it all on the line. Make your prediction and stick to it.

Here's your brief "How To Hype Thread" reminder:

• Vote using the poll options above
  • Make a post explaining your vote
  • Stick to your guns and own your choice

A couple extra notes -- Don't under-vote in order to save face, that's just annoying. Go all out, and if you over-hyped or if the majority votes higher than the score, that's okay -- just own it.

And now, some pretty things to look at, and don't forget this still counts as the TITANFALL sticky, so all other related discussions are absolutely, completely, 150% Randy Jackson welcome here.

Go forth and VOTE.

• 
kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12056 Posts

@wis3boi said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

7/10 for dat click bait.

IGN? 11/10 - "It's like Skyrim with Robots!"

I think it's a 6/7 myself. Feels cheap and weak to me. Sorta fun for two days, then wondered why I gave it that much time.

Calls in Titan to crush you.............

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Titanshit will be mostly 7s. I can see Polygon, IGN and maybe Lamespot giving it 10s because of massive corruption in the industry.

It'll sell 200,000 more Xbones, maybe, though for the most part people who already want an Xbone for Titanshit have already got it.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Titanshit will be mostly 7s. I can see Polygon, IGN and maybe Lamespot giving it 10s because of massive corruption in the industry.

It'll sell 200,000 more Xbones, maybe, though for the most part people who already want an Xbone for Titanshit have already got it.

dat butthurt. 7 or 10, the game is amazing. I'm sad cows will miss out.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 GrenadeLauncher

@Harisemo said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Cows will miss out until they have a cheap 360 or a moderately-powered rig.

Lems seem to have difficulty wrapping their head around the concept of exclusivity.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Harisemo

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Harisemo said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lems seem to have difficulty wrapping their head around the concept of exclusivity.

ah yes cows always happen to have high end PC rigs to hide behind, seen this argument since the start of last gen. I don't consider TitanFall to be Xbone exclusive but the game sure ain't on Playstation systems. Suck it cows......better luck next year with TitanFall 2 bahaha.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 GrenadeLauncher

@Harisemo said:

ah yes cows always happen to have high end PC rigs to hide behind, seen this argument since the start of last gen. I don't consider TitanFall to be Xbone exclusive but the game sure ain't on Playstation systems. Suck it cows......better luck next year with TitanFall 2 bahaha.

Moderately powerful, you dumb lem. Learn to read. You seen the system specs? My year old laptop could run it.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Harisemo

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Harisemo said:

Moderately powerful, you dumb lem. Learn to read. You seen the system specs? My year old laptop could run it.

I'm aware of TitanFalls low requirements, just saying cows act like they all have high end rigs.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#158  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

Voted AAA. I find that factions talk a lot about games, then play it safe on voting. I hate that. I didn't get to try the beta, got my X1 a few days after. But a few friends played it across PC/X1 and said hold on. Looking forward to it.

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#159  Edited By Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

AAA. 9/10. I don't usually like these sorts of games, but I'll admit that this one looks like it'll be fun to play.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#160 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Likely a 9 given how much coverage there has been leading up to launch.

Makes me wonder how high DSII is going to score. KevinVO's in love with the series (not sure why anyone wouldn't be) and if they improve the game as much as it looks like they have, it could be the next 10.

The cow tears would be awesome if TF scores a 9.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4861 Posts

I just saw a great video on youtube showcasing the parkour movement. TitanFall movement I need to get my movement skills up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@SerOlmy said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@SerOlmy said:

I'm a PC gamer and I will flat out tell you Titanfail is mediocre at best.

No it's not, it's awesome and I'm a PC gamer too. You write like a guy who didn't play the beta

No actually I write as a competitive FPS fan who thinks slaughtering droves of bots with the off chance of maybe getting shot in the back by another PC in a competitive MP game is utterly ridiculous. If I wanted to primarily fight brainless bots and a handful of capable players I would play L4D co-op. Not to knock L4D, which I enjoy, but it is not a competitive shooter. And the grunts in Titanfall are about as threatening and as compelling as a standard L4D zombie on easy.

So you didn't play it then?

Look I was in the same boat in the beginning, in the other thread I complained about the bots too but after a while you'll realise it almost takes more skill with them in the game. You need to very quickly assess situations and when a bunch of dudes are in front of you, you need to determine which are threats and which aren't and how to prioritise targets.

The bots aren't there to be hard. They're there to fill the map a bit more, to make it seem like a bigger more hectic fight is happening and to make you think on your toes. They also provide for some simple killing that while on paper sounds dumb in practice it actually makes you feel useful in every round even if you're dying a lot.

They're really not as abd as you're making out and you really should have given the beta a shot.All your complaints fall on deaf ears otherwise.

You are wasting your time sean.. most of these "competitive hardcore FPS players" only think putting your cursor over the enemies head or throwing a grenade over a wall is how pro shooters should be.

god forbid there be many elements of winning a match... dont be so silly.

I just facepalm whenever i see bot complaints. I guess DoTA/LoL are not competitive ... hahahah

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

You are wasting your time sean.. most of these "competitive hardcore FPS players" only think putting your cursor over the enemies head or throwing a grenade over a wall is how pro shooters should be.

I just facepalm whenever i see bot complaints. I guess DoTA/LoL are not competitive ... hahahah

Yea, I dont get the bot complaints. They're not any worse than the bots in MOBAs and they pretty much serve the same purpose, farming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Yea, I dont get the bot complaints. They're not any worse than the bots in MOBAs and they pretty much serve the same purpose, farming.

oh have you seen the latest stupid complaints? "Bots in dota are not fun and grindy" .... sigh.... they add so much... skilless people and people who need instant gratification could only disagree. all they want to do is spam their 4 moves on each other over and over.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#165 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Will score a 10 here and most other places. Will be the greatest game ever made with the best gameplay ever seen in an online shooter. Will have the best graphics ever seen on any system, and will sell 11 million copies in one year. Will also push Xbox One 5 million units ahead of PS4 worldwide. GOAT!!!! Suck it cows!

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Harisemo said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Except gettign a cheap 360 means playing it a low settings, still on a microsoft platform, and on a cheap rig, playing it a medium settings using windows, still a microsoft platform. To play it maxed on PC you need a "decent" computer, not a cheap one. No matter how you spin it, the servers run on MS cloud servers and no playstation will have this game.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#167 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I've seen a lot of people bitching about the number of maps on several sites. I think it is a solid number. You can bet there will be dlc maps too. If the rest are as good as the 2 in the beta, it's going to be great. These guys should give DICE a class on map building.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

I honetly don't get it, I thought some of them would like having something to distract other players for free kills. Though some of them only like games where they have to shoot anything they see moving so having bots there confuses them and they dont' want to adapt.

I still don't think that guy even played the game though. Anyone dodging that question for so long and then saying "I played it at a friends" sounds like they're lying. Why play it on a friend's X1 if he is a hardcore FPS guy and likely has a PC?

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

I've seen a lot of people bitching about the number of maps on several sites. I think it is a solid number. You can bet there will be dlc maps too. If the rest are as good as the 2 in the beta, it's going to be great. These guys should give DICE a class on map building.

It's bloody plenty of maps. What is it 14-15? That's loads and falls in line with most other FPS games. In fact it's 4 or 5 more than what BF4 launched with

DICE's map design has gone to shit lately, they try too much to force realistic looking or feeling battlegrounds into their games instead of making actual balanced ones. Stuff like Dawnbreaker,Seine crossing,Damavand peak, Operation metro are all trying to be realistic sort of cities or locations and they play horribly. It's like they build the maps first and then work the players into them later instead of making the maps around the mechanics

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#170 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 GrenadeLauncher

@Phazevariance said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Harisemo said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Except gettign a cheap 360 means playing it a low settings, still on a microsoft platform, and on a cheap rig, playing it a medium settings using windows, still a microsoft platform. To play it maxed on PC you need a "decent" computer, not a cheap one. No matter how you spin it, the servers run on MS cloud servers and no playstation will have this game.

Titanflop's specs are so low even a moderately powered rig can run it at 1080p/60fps, a hell of a lot better than the Xbone. 360 version will be virtually similar too.

Fact is, if you're paying $500 for the crap version of a game you can easily play elsewhere with similar or better performance, you're a mug. And you're still not getting an Xbone.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By millerlight89

@seanmcloughlin said:

@millerlight89 said:

It's bloody plenty of maps. What is it 14-15? That's loads and falls in line with most other FPS games. In fact it's 4 or 5 more than what BF4 launched with

DICE's map design has gone to shit lately, they try too much to force realistic looking or feeling battlegrounds into their games instead of making actual balanced ones. Stuff like Dawnbreaker,Seine crossing,Damavand peak, Operation metro are all trying to be realistic sort of cities or locations and they play horribly. It's like they build the maps first and then work the players into them later instead of making the maps around the mechanics

It's sad I've been enjoying the BF3 map pack more than the BF4 original maps. It's so sad, because I thought BF3's maps were bad. Titanfall will probably be my main MP game for a while. I love the BF series, but 4 just isn't holding me. I've tried it on PC and PS4, and I can't get past a few hours each. I was already around 100 hours seep in bf3 at this time in it's life. I played the hell out of that game.

Anyways, have the released any map layouts for Titanfall yet? Like a top down view? I'd like to start learning them :P.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By kuu2

600k Ones Moved NA In March Confirmed 1,000k World Wide

Titanfall being bundled is huge for The One. I didn't think it would sell many system but after playing it and the bundle it will be guaranteed to move a truck load of systems.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Loading Video...

Someone else already linked this, but it should just be embedded. That's an awesome display of the free-running at work. Maybe has the enhanced kit equipped, lots of time on walls.

What a good beta that was...

EDIT: Yes, you can see enhanced parkour kit equipped in his kit.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#175  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

console exclusives with lots of hype have a minimum 9 score on bribespot

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 kuu2

@leandrro said:

Why cry over a universally agreed upon great game?

Just go buy it you will feel better.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 kuu2
@musicalmac said:
Loading Video...

Someone else already linked this, but it should just be embedded. That's an awesome display of the free-running at work. Maybe has the enhanced kit equipped, lots of time on walls.

In the full game you will be able to hang off the sides of buildings as well. Can't wait.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#178  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@leandrro said:

Why cry over a universally agreed upon great game?

Just go buy it you will feel better.

i have a PC so if i decide to get it it will be the superior version of the game, but im afraid the bribe reviews will get me disapointed when i finally play it

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Harisemo

@kuu2 said:
@musicalmac said:

In the full game you will be able to hang off the sides of buildings as well. Can't wait.

Could do that in the beta as well actually.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 kuu2

@Harisemo said:

@kuu2 said:
@musicalmac said:

Really? What button was it because I tried to do it several times. Was it a burn card ability?

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Harisemo

@kuu2 said:

@Harisemo said:

@kuu2 said:
@musicalmac said:

Really? What button was it because I tried to do it several times. Was it a burn card ability?

nope not a burn card. simply press left trigger when on the wall.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By kuu2

@Harisemo said:

@kuu2 said:

@Harisemo said:

nope not a burn card. simply press left trigger when on the wall.

Thank you sir!

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

A few days old article from EuroGamer.net - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-19-be-advised-i-was-wrong-about-titanfall

Titanfall is not the game I was expecting.

It was billed as a shot in the arm for the multiplayer first-person shooter - specifically Call of Duty and games created in its image - but that just felt like hype to me. It's the same guys making it! The mechs looked nice, but I figured it would all boil down to the usual questions: How do we handle perks? How many guns do we carry? When's the DLC coming out?

I couldn't have been more wrong. This clearly will be a game with strong opinions on all those old questions, but you sense they were things Respawn had a good idea about before they even had desks. The thing that really grabs you about the PC and Xbox One beta is that it isn't all just iteration and refinement. It's a game about new ideas, and they all feel so natural from the moment you start playing.

... [Read more from the source]

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50496 Posts

For those buying the Titanfall bundle, it's the downloadable version (at least on Amazon). Still a good deal, but people prefer physical.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Chutebox said:

For those buying the Titanfall bundle, it's the downloadable version (at least on Amazon). Still a good deal, but people prefer physical.

I mean, it wont really matter because in 20 years you wont be able to play Titanfall even with a physical copy :P

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@Chutebox said:

I mean, it wont really matter because in 20 years you wont be able to play Titanfall even with a physical copy :P

This sort of conditioning was implemented last gen, it's finally kicking in.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

I'm seeing lots of predictions for 8. I really hope it doesn't hit 8. Give us 9+ or give us 7.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4861 Posts

@Chutebox said:

I don't want a physical copy for this game. I don't want to hop up and change disks for this game. A physical copiy has no advantage in this game.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50496 Posts
@mems_1224 said:

@Chutebox said:

Well, if someone wanted to later they couldn't sell it.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
@Chutebox said:
@mems_1224 said:

@Chutebox said:

Well, if someone wanted to later they couldn't sell it.

Sell Titanfall? That's madness. Nobody is ever going to want to sell Titanfall ever, unless they're completely daft and maliciously nerdy.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#191 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I didn't get around to playing the beta, so my guess is just a shot in the dark. I'll say an 8, but I would be surprised if it scored AAA. I wouldn't be surprised if it got a 7 either...

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#192 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@millerlight89 said:

Those maps are totally fine. Dawnbreaker in particular is fucking awesome. If you're gonna bitch about BF maps then mention the ones that are actually bad, like Flood Zone and Operation Locker. Now those are awful, awful, AWFUL fucking maps. Some of the most poorly designed pieces of shit I've ever had the displeasure of playing on.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

But the bots in Titanfall serve only as filler to gap the combat of real player v player. I am not sure what do you mean by it serves the same purpose, because it honestly doesn't. Bots in those games serve as ways of earning income to better one self, as well as be pushing power, and to weaken the enemies defenses. It really doesn't do any of that, although it my help lowering the cooldowns of the falls mechanic base on doing damage. Its filler, which is fine, basically the 1 hp monsters in D&D 4th edition. Basic fodder. This is fine, because without it, there would be long draws between combat. These bots aren't nothing like in a shooting moba say like MNC or such.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 millerlight89

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@millerlight89 said:

Those maps are totally fine. Dawnbreaker in particular is fucking awesome. If you're gonna bitch about BF maps then mention the ones that are actually bad, like Flood Zone and Operation Locker. Now those are awful, awful, AWFUL fucking maps. Some of the most poorly designed pieces of shit I've ever had the displeasure of playing on.

Those maps are bad. Sean's taste is exquisite, yours is not.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#195  Edited By Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

@millerlight89:

Please, explain in depth just what is wrong with the maps sean mentioned. And please spare me the lametries like "mortars on Sienne Crossing" or "SAIGA explosive rounds on Metro". Those are weapon exploits that just so happen to work incredibly well on those particular maps and have absolutely nothing to do with the actual map design. Now Flood Zone and Op Locker on the other hand are legit poorly designed maps because their structural layouts make no fucking sense and don't mesh well at all with the player count and type of gameplay found in a Battlefield game.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

@musicalmac said:
Loading Video...

Mac, that's not even the best one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z79kgVqWx0g

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Dreamvisions, we game nighting this on PC yes?

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#198 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

Based on sheer hype and the level of industry dick riding, I dont expect anything below a 9.0. A possible 8.5 is McShea is handling the review but save for that, its definitely getting an AAA. Now please, before you go all on defense, I'm not commenting on the quality of the game. Perhaps it really does deserve an AAA score, I dunno, I haven't played it or the demo. What I'm saying is that I have a feeling hype is going to be the leading determiner of score, if the quality of the game happens to match the hype then that's an added bonus.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I'm guessing AAA.

The massive overhyping might unjustly punish the game or even give it some undeserved free passes, but I'm guessing it will be well received, as per tradition with these kinds of games.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I'm looking foreward to resolving the latest CBoat debacle too.

He said that he was sticking to his guns about Alpha Textures being final; incidentally, that can mean two entirely different things ;)