What?!?!? Sony Trying To Sell Another HQ Building.

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Lems are jelly of Sony's success.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

this is sad news :(

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Hopefully all this restructuring will help them to bounce back. Kaz's TV strategy didn't help at all. I doubt he'll be in that same position next year.

hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 hoplayletsplay
Member since 2005 • 983 Posts

I came in this thread just to see if the building looks anything like one of Sony's products.

Let them do whatever is in their best interest. If they are lucky, they can buy back the building one day, otherwise they will be looking to sell not just this but all of their properties in the long run.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@blackace said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Complaining about Sony's business won't make X1 more successful than PS4.

I don't think anyone said that in the article. Are you assuming something. You know what assuming does. lol!! This isn't about the XB1. Not even part of the topic. Why every time Sony has a little bad news, you biase trolls try to bring M$ or XB1 into the topic. LOL!! That's some insecure damage control I think.

Not part of the topic, ay? Well, my friend, I can just as easily say this entire topic isn't even relevant to this forum. But oh wait! I forgot. that's "damage control" that "proves" the Xbox One is better, right?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

They can't hold on to nostalgia when the business is hurting

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Sony is dying.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Titanshit out in a week and lems still have Sony on the brain. Tragic.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@nervmeister said:

@blackace said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I don't think anyone said that in the article. Are you assuming something. You know what assuming does. lol!! This isn't about the XB1. Not even part of the topic. Why every time Sony has a little bad news, you biase trolls try to bring M$ or XB1 into the topic. LOL!! That's some insecure damage control I think.

Not part of the topic, ay? Well, my friend, I can just as easily say this entire topic isn't even relevant to this forum. But oh wait! I forgot. that's "damage control" that "proves" the Xbox One is better, right?

I don't see any reference to the X1 in that article, its people like you who are jumping to conclusions.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@nervmeister said:

@blackace said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I don't see any reference to the X1 in that article, its people like you who are jumping to conclusions.

I don't need a reference. blackace's reputation here is more than enough.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Corporations sell assets/property all the time. As do governments. Thread blows.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@j_assassin said:

This is just like last gen when sony was supposedly doomed!!! But imo arguing about a pixel is more fun than the company's finance, at least graphics are game related

I think that's the real problem. General Entertainment Media Hub just doesn't really hold a candle to a good console. So, the Lems have to talk about buildings and finances rather than games.

After all, the biggest hype train for the XBone this year is a multiplat you can get on PC or your old 360. So yeah, welcome to building threads.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Shewgenja

Let's calla spade a spade, shall we? Lems spent a pretty large chunk of last gen (well, since I've been here, anyway) arguing that Sonys finances would affect the Playstation. With how much they prattled on and on about Sonys stock price, buildings, quarterly earnings forecasts, and yaddee yadda.. You would think that the PS3 wouldn't have caught neck and neck with the 360 at the end of last gen and we were certainly being led to the insinuation that there would be no PS4.

So, here we are in the year 2014 and the PS4 is handing the new XBox its ass. As such, I am declaring a moratorium on threads like this. They should either be banned or bumped to the top regularly to show the Lems how utterly ineffective this crap really is.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

As I have said a million times just make a financial sticky for Sony. The bad news for them is weekly so just keep it in one place and change the title when new news drops.

Just waiting for another game to be cancelled and to see it spun into, 'the game was having Dev challenges'. The money wouldn't have anything to do with it..........lulz.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

This is not gaming related, mod please lock.

DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DarthBilf
Member since 2004 • 1357 Posts

@FragTycoon said:

Lems.... showing how much they know about corporate business one failed thread at a time.

How is selling a huge asset along with the inevitable layoffs that will accompany it a sign of fiscal vitality again?

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

@kuu2 said:

As I have said a million times just make a financial sticky for Sony. The bad news for them is weekly so just keep it in one place and change the title when new news drops.

Just waiting for another game to be cancelled and to see it spun into, 'the game was having Dev challenges'. The money wouldn't have anything to do with it..........lulz.

sony sold 'lots' of buildings last gen, but ps3 continued to have quality exclusives upto this gen, either way, I'll give both xone and ps4 a year before I make a decision to buy one, I have high hopes for ps4 when it comes to games as they deliver every gen, while xone needs to prove that they would focus on games that made 360 a great console on its early years this time and not just to lure their original fanbase again

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 LJS9502_basic

@DarthBilf said:

@FragTycoon said:

Lems.... showing how much they know about corporate business one failed thread at a time.

How is selling a huge asset along with the inevitable layoffs that will accompany it a sign of fiscal vitality again?

Restructuring.....often happens in business....educate yourself.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

@j_assassin: Waiting when making a large purchase is always wise. 2014 will tell you a lot on where these companies are headed.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Titanshit out in a week and lems still have Sony on the brain. Tragic.

Dat DC that is unrelated

Desperate,as usual

DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DarthBilf
@LJS9502_basic said:

@DarthBilf said:

@FragTycoon said:

lol yes this process is restructuring. That does not make the situation for Sony any less dire. They are selling huge amounts of assets without buying many back, cutting payroll massively (this latest round axed 5,000 jobs), and STILL posting substantial losses. But yes, you know a corporate buzzword. Congratulations.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LJS9502_basic

@DarthBilf said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@DarthBilf said:

@FragTycoon said:

lol yes this process is restructuring. That does not make the situation for Sony any less dire. They are selling huge amounts of assets without buying many back, cutting payroll massively (this latest round axed 5,000 jobs), and STILL posting substantial losses. But yes, you know a corporate buzzword. Congratulations.

Yeah why buy them back? You sell to fix profitability. Same with layoffs. At least I understand business...on one hand you complain about the necessity for restructuring and in the next second expect them to invest in them again. I mean that is the most illogical post I've seen in SW....and that says something.

DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DarthBilf
@LJS9502_basic said:

@DarthBilf said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@DarthBilf said:

@FragTycoon said:

Yeah why buy them back? You sell to fix profitability. Same with layoffs. At least I understand business...on one hand you complain about the necessity for restructuring and in the next second expect them to invest in them again. I mean that is the most illogical post I've seen in SW....and that says something.

I phrased that poorly. I didn't mean they buy back the same assets, I mean they buy other assets with the revenue they generate by selling buildings in order to improve their operations. THAT'S what restructuring really is. What they are doing is limping from financial report to financial report.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LJS9502_basic

@DarthBilf said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@DarthBilf said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@DarthBilf said:

@FragTycoon said:

I phrased that poorly. I didn't mean they buy back the same assets, I mean they buy other assets with the revenue they generate by selling buildings in order to improve their operations. THAT'S what restructuring really is. What they are doing is limping from financial report to financial report.

Also wrong. You sell of assets and get profitable. THEN you buy assets. You don't do it while you are unprofitable.

DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DarthBilf
@LJS9502_basic said:

@DarthBilf said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@DarthBilf said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@DarthBilf said:

@FragTycoon said:

Also wrong. You sell of assets and get profitable. THEN you buy assets. You don't do it while you are unprofitable.

But they DID finally get profitable. After selling all those assets a few years ago they posted a small profit on the year. But they never bought assets, instead they quickly posted losses again and are now selling even more assets. They're in deep ****. Please tell me you can at least see that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LJS9502_basic

@DarthBilf said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@DarthBilf said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@DarthBilf said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@DarthBilf said:

@FragTycoon said:

But they DID finally get profitable. After selling all those assets a few years ago they posted a small profit on the year. But they never bought assets, instead they quickly posted losses again and are now selling even more assets. They're in deep ****. Please tell me you can at least see that.

A small profit on the year does NOT mean the company should invest in other markets. You put the profit into the divisions you already have and grow them first.

By doing you what you advocate...they would bleed more money. You really don't understand business....and that's fine...but don't post as though you have the answer.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

@DarthBilf said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@DarthBilf said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@DarthBilf said:

@FragTycoon said:

Oh, but they do.

Sony has bought and sold multiple facilities over the last couple of years, most notably the DRAM plant. Most of the time acquisitions like that isn't 'news' in SW because it wont coincide with the doom and gloom picture lems want to paint for Sony.

It seems the only people that are upset about this are lems. Witch happens to be a good indication that they're doing the right thing.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

I just can't wait to start hearing about PS4 games, seems Sony is so fixed on other issues that the gaming division is in timeout. Microsoft is always keeping us updated on whats going on which is nice. Sony needs more marketing/pr for its gaming division. You never hear anything/updates on what is happening. I just hope at E3 Sony and Rockstar come out with "Agent" and I'll be a happy camper.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Shewgenja

@EZs said:

This is not gaming related, mod please lock.

It never is lol Never was.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

Sony is heading for bankruptcy very fast indeed, also rumors are saying that Sony will discontinue the PS4 production by June this year.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@MK-Professor: source?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Quite hilarious really how far Sony have sunk

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Some of you Sony fanboys are delusional. No company restructures when things are going as they should. A company restructuring is always a red flag. It can end up being a good thing if it results in stability or profits. But no company says man things are going really well time to restructure. It's always a red flag so no you cows in denial can't spin this any other way.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#84 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@thegamer00 said:

I was going to buy a Sony alarm clock the other day. But I decided against it because Sony may go bankrupt in the next year.

Not that this makes any sense anyways, but don't you think that the reason places go bankrupt is because people DONT buy their things?

People don't seem to realize that if the building is just dead weight, then with restructuring that it isn't just the value of the building at stake.... MANY other aspects are involved that make that 150 mil much much larger.

DO I know what they are doing? No...

However, until the day comes that they talk about closing their doors for good and nobody wants to pick up the PlayStation brand THEN I will be a little more worried. However, I don't see that happening... Hell, I don't care if SONY downgrades to JUST being a game company like Nintendo. They make great products but until they learn that nobody wants to pay 2 or 3 times as much for them... they are only hurting themselves.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Corporations sell assets/property all the time. As do governments. Thread blows.

Yes and so do people sell and buy houses all the time, but when you are selling off your house to pay the bills, that's troubling.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts
@PinkieWinkie said:

@MK-Professor: source?

My ass:D

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Worst case scenario, Sony goes bankrupt and takes PS4 with it or sells it off. Best case scenario Sony downsizes to just entertainment. Unfortunately there is no way the PS4 could compete with the might & muscle of MS if Sony remains entertainment only focused. I hope the PlayStation business is sold to a more worth contender like Google or Apple.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

@stereointegrity said:

what!? Blackace still butt mad?!?!

Sony seems to be still losing billions and having to sell buildings. I'm mad that they may end up cancelling more games if this crap continues.

Meanwhile the PS4 continue to own the xbox one sales wise..

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#90 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@MK-Professor: really what's your source on that? I guess you don't know what a restructuring is, sony is selling off buildings, facilities and other stuff because they aren't profitable anymore, why keep something that your losing 250 million or more a year on? People think because of this and a few news "omg the PS4 and Sony going bankrupt" when they still have money and profits to report they are not the company they once were but the direction they are starting on now is the right one, btw guarantee and have said it before if Xbox division is not making the profit MS wants they will sell the Xbox division guaranteed, if Sony was going bankrupt you would know.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#91 cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

LOL at cows firing back about "butthurt lems; X1 wont do better". This has nothing to do with that. Company is Junk status. Nobody is attacking your precious console, we're talking about the real news that the manufacturer is in deep kaka.

vitonemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#92 vitonemesis
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts
@93BlackHawk93 said:

/thread.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

lol, if it was MS dealing with these issues, cows would be all over that shit in full force having a full on circle jerk as usual. Yet the other way around its, 'lems showing what they know about business'. Or 'it's not gaming related' which never stops the cows.

With most of the excuses I'm seeing here have a lot of double standards,

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Seems TC doesn't quite understand what restructuring means. God forbid they sell off stuff they don't need.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Shewgenja

@cainetao11 said:

LOL at cows firing back about "butthurt lems; X1 wont do better". This has nothing to do with that. Company is Junk status. Nobody is attacking your precious console, we're talking about the real news that the manufacturer is in deep kaka.

Then find an appropriate forum to do that. Otherwise, we can start talking about every bug and software update for Windows while we're at it. Seeing as how the XBones firmware has been so far behind schedule, it's every bit as tenable a subject as this ongoing wannabe business wars crap you guys prattle about.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 cainetao11  Online

@Shewgenja said:

@cainetao11 said:

Then find an appropriate forum to do that. Otherwise, we can start talking about every bug and software update for Windows while we're at it. Seeing as how the XBones firmware has been so far behind schedule, it's every bit as tenable a subject as this ongoing wannabe business wars crap you guys prattle about.

Why weren't you this up in arms when the WiiU financial threads were going regarding Nintendo? Wannabe business wars? Whose making sales threads? Who made them last gen? Who made them the gen before that? Everyone's guilty, none care about us, nobodies preference is fact. I like you. Do you like me?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Shewgenja

@cainetao11 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@cainetao11 said:

Why weren't you this up in arms when the WiiU financial threads were going regarding Nintendo? Wannabe business wars? Whose making sales threads? Who made them last gen? Who made them the gen before that? Everyone's guilty, none care about us, nobodies preference is fact. I like you. Do you like me?

Oh, I welcome it. It has and always will be the weakest defense of a brand ever conceived. "Support brand X because brand Y is a distressed business". I call it the Justin Bieber Defense. Everyone should listen to Justin Bieber because he is a profitable and prolific pop artist. No other music will do. The Beliebers and their XBritney are a match made in heaven, frankly.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#98  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

This further proves Lems are the worst fanboys.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By cainetao11  Online

@Shewgenja said:

@cainetao11 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@cainetao11 said:

Oh, I welcome it. It has and always will be the weakest defense of a brand ever conceived. "Support brand X because brand Y is a distressed business". I call it the Justin Bieber Defense. Everyone should listen to Justin Bieber because he is a profitable and prolific pop artist. No other music will do. The Beliebers and their XBritney are a match made in heaven, frankly.

Don't see too much of a concrete answer. In the PS2 era it was oh look how many sold, in the Wii, it was look at 360 with more sold than PS3; which was stupid anyway; and now its cows again with "PS4 sellz iz teh mazing!!!". But out of all 3 companies, Sony is hurting the most. Now people will go to games divisions, but fact is if your parent company is 6 billion in debt, your in deep poop. I own Sony ADRs, I believe and support this company as a vita and PS3, soon PS4 owner. But the layoffs are a by product of this company's issues. I am not a Wannabe, I was series 7 registered in NY in 1993. PM me I'll give my name, you can look it up. I track this stuff and this almighty company is in trouble, PS4 sales or not.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Quite hilarious really how far Sony have sunk

It's not funny when a company that supplies a stable income to tens of thousands of people is forced to cut jobs.