What is so great about Halo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

0bscurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 0bscurity
Member since 2005 • 836 Posts
Nothing, why do you ask?
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts
[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="ANeuralPathway"]I can't believe there are people defending Halo's story as quality. One hardly need read hundreds of books to know that, and I don't see why the idea of reading hundreds of books is so hard to believe, unless you're ten.LittleHands134

Halo's story is high quality and full of depth.

I'm the President's son.

Sure, whats the name of your real GS account btw? ...

If you actually think that's true, I feel sorry for you, I really do. Halo has such a cliche story, everything in it is basically a ripoff of something that actually was good.

ANeuralPathway

There's absolutely no need to feel sorry for me, i got to experience a wonderfully deep sci-fi story and got to play through it aswell.

mr_mozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 mr_mozilla
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
Only played the first one, but imho the gameplay is simply fun. The level design was poor but weapons were all usefull, enemies had good AI, the combat felt smooth and thanks to good AI, balanced weapons and vehicles it was also varied enough. Perhaps on PC it wouldn't had been that impressive in its time, but I can certainly see why it was popular on a console of that time.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44328 Posts
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="RobNBankz"]

Care to explain what COD4 offers that Halo 3 doesn't? If you want to include a "rank" system that rewards you for playing time go ahead.

LittleHands134

Good gameplay... while Halo 3 is just mediocore. i could list reasons.. like actually having a good campaign to begine with.. buts useless with people that are halo obssesed.

Good gameplay is subjective and if you ask me, Halo's gameplay trumps COD4s gameplay, which is however good in it'sown right.

It's not about being obsessed with Halo, it's about defending our turf when antagonizing people try to step on out toes with this Halo-bashing drivel.

Good gameplay? As if Halo lacks good gameplay? Puhleez...

...It's a video game. There's no "Turf" to defend.

No, that forum be called General Games Discussion. Take a look a the forum name: System Wars, yes there is turf to protect but mostly just for the fun of it. :twisted:
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="RobNBankz"]

Care to explain what COD4 offers that Halo 3 doesn't? If you want to include a "rank" system that rewards you for playing time go ahead.

LittleHands134

Good gameplay... while Halo 3 is just mediocore. i could list reasons.. like actually having a good campaign to begine with.. buts useless with people that are halo obssesed.

Good gameplay is subjective and if you ask me, Halo's gameplay trumps COD4s gameplay, which is however good in it'sown right.

It's not about being obsessed with Halo, it's about defending our turf when antagonizing people try to step on out toes with this Halo-bashing drivel.

Good gameplay? As if Halo lacks good gameplay? Puhleez...

...It's a video game. There's no "Turf" to defend.

Welcome to System Wars young Padawan.:twisted:
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#106 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

I loved the first Halo more then the other 2 that came after.

Halo is a great all around FPS. AI, Combat, Vehicles and Environments. It has it all.

Maybe thats why I and other people love it.

RobNBankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 RobNBankz
Member since 2008 • 483 Posts
[QUOTE="RobNBankz"][QUOTE="TheWampaKing"]

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]Nothing other then being the finest, most complete this gen package. :PAdrian_Cloud

Sorry, but that goes to The Orange box, or BioShock, or CoD4, or......................

I wasn't aware I could do 4 player co-op with my buddies on COD4. I wasn't aware that I could splitscreen in COD4 either. How about watch a film of a game I did horrible in because I want to see what I did wrong?

I don't feel like listing any more. Care to explain what COD4 offers that Halo 3 doesn't? If you want to include a "rank" system that rewards you for playing time go ahead.

Good gameplay... while Halo 3 is just mediocore. i could list reasons.. like actually having a good campaign to begin with.. but its useless with people that are halo obssesed.

Sure. :roll:

I asked for facts, not opinions. Funny how every professional reviewer praises Halo but people, cross that out, forumites, still hate on it. Oh, but they'll agree with those reviewers when they give a game they like (Half Life, Metal Gear Solid, GTA, etc.) a great score and praise it.

Why can't you haters just accept that Halo is good? Stop hating it just because it's the cool thing to do.

But it's useless because forumites will always hate Halo since it's the cool thing to do.

CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

If you play the game by just killing and being serious it's so bad, everyone puts your shield down with that silly grenade and shoot you, or shoot you until your shield is down and beat you down. So silly. At least on COD4 you can actually kill the best player in the game.

krunkfu2

What?

Agreed, what're you babbling about CBR?

What I mean you can't really kill a nerd on Halo, they just take your shield down instantly and you're dead. On COD4 you are able to beat the nerd because it's easy to kill.

On Halo the gun you start with is really good, what's the point in that. You can't play Halo on your own, it's silly.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Snugenz
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="RobNBankz"][QUOTE="TheWampaKing"]

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]Nothing other then being the finest, most complete this gen package. :PRobNBankz

Sorry, but that goes to The Orange box, or BioShock, or CoD4, or......................

I wasn't aware I could do 4 player co-op with my buddies on COD4. I wasn't aware that I could splitscreen in COD4 either. How about watch a film of a game I did horrible in because I want to see what I did wrong?

I don't feel like listing any more. Care to explain what COD4 offers that Halo 3 doesn't? If you want to include a "rank" system that rewards you for playing time go ahead.

Good gameplay... while Halo 3 is just mediocore. i could list reasons.. like actually having a good campaign to begin with.. but its useless with people that are halo obssesed.

Sure. :roll:

I asked for facts, not opinions. Funny how every professional reviewer praises Halo but people, cross that out, forumites, still hate on it. Oh, but they'll agree with those reviewers when they give a game they like (Half Life, Metal Gear Solid, GTA, etc.) a great score and praise it.

Why can't you haters just accept that Halo is good? Stop hating it just because it's the cool thing to do.

But it's useless because forumites will always hate Halo since it's the cool thing to do.

Couldnt agree more, well said. :D

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Snugenz
[QUOTE="krunkfu2"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

If you play the game by just killing and being serious it's so bad, everyone puts your shield down with that silly grenade and shoot you, or shoot you until your shield is down and beat you down. So silly. At least on COD4 you can actually kill the best player in the game.

CBR600-RR

What?

What I mean you can't really kill a nerd on Halo, they just take your shield down instantly and you're dead. On COD4 you are able to beat the nerd because it's easy to kill.

On Halo the gun you start with is really good, what's the point in that. You can't play Halo on your own, it's silly.

What're you babbling about CBR ?

RobNBankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 RobNBankz

CBR600-RR

What?

This about sums up why forumites hate Halo.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Spartan070

CBR600-RR
It's not easy to kill in Halo(as it is in COD4) yet you start with a powerful gun....what? No seriously, are you trying desperate tactics to bring down Halo now.:P
ANeuralPathway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ANeuralPathway
Member since 2008 • 580 Posts
[QUOTE="ANeuralPathway"]

If you actually think that's true, I feel sorry for you, I really do. Halo has such a cliche story, everything in it is basically a ripoff of something that actually was good.

musicalmac

Nothing to feel sorry about. The story is deep and engrossing. Why feel sorry for someone who enjoyed it :? It may be the other way around...

I don't feel sorry about the enjoyment, hell, I think Halo 1 was a lot fun(I haven't played 2 or 3 aside from some MP), I feel sorry about what is reflected by the notion of the story being deep. Namely, that the person saying it has a limited exposure to scifi that isn't a knockoff, and probably hasn't been exposed to the works that Halo is borrows so heavily from.

RobNBankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 RobNBankz
[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="ANeuralPathway"]

ANeuralPathway

Nothing to feel sorry about. The story is deep and engrossing. Why feel sorry for someone who enjoyed it :? It may be the other way around...

I don't feel sorry about the enjoyment, hell, I think Halo 1 was a lot fun(I haven't played 2 or 3 aside from some MP), I feel sorry about what is reflected by the notion of the story being deep. Namely, that the person saying it has a limited exposure to scifi that isn't a knockoff, and probably hasn't been exposed to the works that Halo is borrows so heavily from.

Most video game stories aren't original. If you're going to discredit Halo for the sake of hating it, do it for other games.

I can't think of a game that has a deep story that hasn't been overused in books/movies.

But of course, only Halo gets bashed for it. No other game can.

DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts

I love it when people start a thread with "what is so great about xxxx game" years after it was released and there have since been tons of improvements in the genre.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Snugenz

ANeuralPathway

As a 26 yo male who's loved Sci-fi since a very young age i'm well aware of what Halo borrows heavily from, but unlike you i can look past that and enjoy how the story uses those elements and adds to them to create a rich, enjoyable Sci-Fi universe with plenty of memorable characters and events.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#117 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

ANeuralPathway
Truly new ideas are rare these days, and don't always translate into greatness. And just because the story isn't absolutely unique in every aspect, doesn't mean that it's not deep. Your literary throne is built of straw ;)
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

ANeuralPathway

Why the hell should we care if Halo borrows heavily from other sci-fi works? In fact, nearly ALL sci-fi works borrow at least a bit from one another, and that's what makes the genre so great. And here you are, bashing Halo for doing it...

DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts
[QUOTE="ANeuralPathway"]

musicalmac

Truly new ideas are rare these days, and don't always translate into greatness. And just because the story isn't absolutely unique in every aspect, doesn't mean that it's not deep. Your literary throne is built of straw ;)

It's not just the story either. The story is so very well enhanced by the attention to detail and the art work in the game.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#120 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
I challange anyone here to find me an FPS with a universe that is as intricate as Halos.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Spartan070
How often must we rise up to defeat defilers to the Halo temple?....:P
ANeuralPathway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ANeuralPathway
[QUOTE="ANeuralPathway"]

musicalmac

I really hope you're kidding about there not being new ideas. Explain to me how a story the story is deep. I'll admit to not knowing it other than the first game and the synopsis page the guy posted, but I'm not going to rush out and buy a supermarket trash novel for the sake of this argument.

pi3m4ster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 pi3m4ster
Member since 2008 • 522 Posts

CBR600-RR

What?

i.e "the nerd" was 100 times better than you and it actually SHOWED. instead of giving you bursts of randomness allowing you a free kill ala cod4...? also you actually start with the most AVERAGE weapon in halo 3... i am 110% certain you do not have a clue about halo

ANeuralPathway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ANeuralPathway
[QUOTE="ANeuralPathway"][QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="ANeuralPathway"]

RobNBankz

Most video game stories aren't original. If you're going to discredit Halo for the sake of hating it, do it for other games.

I can't think of a game that has a deep story that hasn't been overused in books/movies.

Halo is the only game where people try and claim that is has some amazing story. Other than MGS maybe, but that story is overrated too.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#125 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
[QUOTE="TheWampaKing"]

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]Nothing other then being the finest, most complete this gen package. :PRobNBankz

I hate the fact you can't go online split-screen with your friends on COD4. You can only play offline split screen. I found this out when my friend and I visited another friend of ours who lives 3 hours away from us. We wanted to play COD4 online together, but only way to do so was where we had to take turns playing.

Rafinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Rafinator
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts

Well the first Halo is one of the greatest games in history. The sequels? Not so much.Floppy_Jim

agreed.

MissedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 MissedTheBoat
Member since 2007 • 179 Posts

I challange anyone here to find me an FPS with a universe that is as intricate as Halos.Pro_wrestler

Half Life and BioShock.

But I get it, some people like the story, some people don't. Personally, I think the story is pretty shallow. Super-cool-sci-fi-solider is super cool. Earth is threatened. Earth is narrowly saved. Earth is threatened again. Earth is narrowly saved again. Go to alien homeworld. Win fight forever. Make friends and get betrated along the way. GG.

It doesn't even come close to some of the more story driven games out there. Its definitely fun, and the online is OK, so I guess that's all that matters.

CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts
[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"][QUOTE="krunkfu2"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

pi3m4ster

What?

i.e "the nerd" was 100 times better than you and it actually SHOWED. instead of giving you bursts of randomness allowing you a free kill ala cod4...? also you actually start with the most AVERAGE weapon in halo 3... i am 110% certain you do not have a clue about halo

Oh yeah I don't have a clue even though I have played it.. Everyone kills using the friggin weapon you start off with, that's all you need, plus beatdowns..

So what if the nerd was 100 times better than me, all I want to do is have fun on games, not have a game freak who ruins the game by killing everyone all the time.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#129 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

I wasn't a fan of fps games on consoles and prefered to play them on pc. Halo was one of the very few fps game that was actually good on aconsole and was also unique that stood out from other fps games. I loved the open environments, smart AI, using vehicles, hijacking, and they were overall good games.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#130 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts
[QUOTE="LittleHands134"]

[QUOTE="daftdog"]Unbeatable worlwide online gameplay wit great charcter and storyline!Verge_6

But the storyline is ridiculously generic and overdone. You just take a very masculine, seemingly unkillable heroic main character, toss in some aliens, a plot to destroy earth, and then you pretty much have Halo. It's like basic blockbuster movies 101.

You can cut down and generalize any game/movie/book plot and make it seem overly simple. Don't even try to pull that.

Agreed. The day that ANY game has a story that compares it to serious literature, and that becomes the standard, maybe THEN you can level a charge that Halo's storyline is not exactly War and Peace.

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

Unbeatable worlwide online gameplay wit great charcter and storyline!daftdog

Typical list of modes online play, with generic biker-man skittles and decent game storyline...

I guess 1 out of 3 is good enough..

TPOJ-TPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 TPOJ-TPO
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

Halo is great because it's one of the best FPS for consoles.

pi3m4ster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 pi3m4ster
[QUOTE="pi3m4ster"][QUOTE="CBR600-RR"][QUOTE="krunkfu2"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

CBR600-RR

What?

Oh yeah I don't have a clue even though I have played it.. Everyone kills using the friggin weapon you start off with, that's all you need, plus beatdowns..

So what if the nerd was 100 times better than me, all I want to do is have fun on games, not have a game freak who ruins the game by killing everyone all the time.

seriously... no. i have like 2000 games on halo 3 i THINK i would have a better formed opinion of how people play... hell if you played against nonstop guests and recruits... not my problem. also if the nerd is 100 times better than you... he should be doing 100 times better than you :lol: you just can't handlehalo... nub

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts
[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="ANeuralPathway"]I can't believe there are people defending Halo's story as quality. One hardly need read hundreds of books to know that, and I don't see why the idea of reading hundreds of books is so hard to believe, unless you're ten.LittleHands134

Halo's story is high quality and full of depth.

I'm the President's son.

What's your definition of a quality story? Early you mention that Halo's story is easy enough for a child to understand... am I to assume that a simple story = a bad story?

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
Both Xbox's are great consoles, but Halo is just meh...
ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

It's Soulja Boys favorite game.ONLYDOD

Exactly.

On-Topic: This game has the best console-online experience IMO, its really fun and great with friends (xbox live friends too) and the campaign is epic with a great storyline and an amazing character.

phlynhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 phlynhy
Member since 2004 • 790 Posts

I am sure it has been said somewhere in this thread already, but....Halo 1 deserves every ounce of praise that it recieved (and will continue to receive)

Halo 2...I will leave that one up for debate.

Halo 3...imo, thee most overhyped game as of today.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"]

[QUOTE="daftdog"]Unbeatable worlwide online gameplay wit great charcter and storyline!dsmccracken

But the storyline is ridiculously generic and overdone. You just take a very masculine, seemingly unkillable heroic main character, toss in some aliens, a plot to destroy earth, and then you pretty much have Halo. It's like basic blockbuster movies 101.

You can cut down and generalize any game/movie/book plot and make it seem overly simple. Don't even try to pull that.

Agreed. The day that ANY game has a story that compares it to serious literature, and that becomes the standard, maybe THEN you can level a charge that Halo's storyline is not exactly War and Peace.

Bleagh, I HOPE there's never a game plot that's comparable to War and Peace, because that book is so boring and cobbled together that it's a chore to read...

RobNBankz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 RobNBankz
[QUOTE="RobNBankz"][QUOTE="ANeuralPathway"][QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="ANeuralPathway"]

ANeuralPathway

Halo is the only game where people try and claim that is has some amazing story. Other than MGS maybe, but that story is overrated too.

Us Halo fans don't go around posting threads about how Halo has an amazing story. We only talk about Halo and it's story when haters, such as yourself, go around posting threads because you feel your opinion means something. Halo 3 came out last year, why can't you haters just move on?

Just the fact that people still make threads about it every day trying to convince the world that Halo is garbage shows how good it is. You don't see people making threads about Lair, Bulletwitch, Hour of Victory, Big Rigs every day do you?

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]I challange anyone here to find me an FPS with a universe that is as intricate as Halos.MissedTheBoat

Half Life and BioShock.

But I get it, some people like the story, some people don't. Personally, I think the story is pretty shallow. Super-cool-sci-fi-solider is super cool. Earth is threatened. Earth is narrowly saved. Earth is threatened again. Earth is narrowly saved again. Go to alien homeworld. Win fight forever. Make friends and get betrated along the way. GG.

It doesn't even come close to some of the more story driven games out there. Its definitely fun, and the online is OK, so I guess that's all that matters.

You friend need to get informed. Half Life is arguable; Bioshock is a firm, definite, set-in-my-ways NO!

Though your just like the OP and all the other nay-sayers who says its shallow judging by the games. Go read a book, the novels, graphic novels or google search the chronolgy of the games in the Haloverse and get back to me. You can't slit your arm and call it plastic surgery, NO, you need to research/study/School yourself - You cant simply play the games and call it shallow.

Halo is great because it's one of the best FPS' across any platform

TPOJ-TPO

Fixed.

I love it when people try and 'take the safe route.' :P

How often must we rise up to defeat defilers to the Halo temple?....:PSpartan070

When Halo games stop selling. I bet if the games covered every aspect of the Haloverse, 99.99% of the people who play it would shun it to the freeware space of download.com.

11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts

Just read the gamespot review of halo CE. Also, after you've played halo, play the best shooters from around that time. Halo was pretty much the basis of modern console fps, and it was really ahead of its time. It also did everything pretty much perfect. Graphics, gameplay, sound, lasting value, it was all top quality, and it really worked together well. Of course if you're playing the pc version X years after halo first launched it doesn't seem to be that great, but especially for its time, it was one of the best shooters period.

By the way, even in the original halo, you were fighting to save allies too. You actually cared for the marines, because they actually did a good job at fighting and teamwork. I've played through COD 4. The allies (and enemies) felt like complete dumbots. They would stand in the open and just... shoot. That's how far ahead of its time halo was.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#142 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
I can't believe someone on this thread used "Halo MP is too hard" as an argument against it. :|
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Its a very solid and fun game. Seems like a simple explanation.
vlens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 vlens
Member since 2003 • 497 Posts

Just read the gamespot review of halo CE. Also, after you've played halo, play the best shooters from around that time. Halo was pretty much the basis of modern console fps, and it was really ahead of its time. It also did everything pretty much perfect. Graphics, gameplay, sound, lasting value, it was all top quality, and it really worked together well. Of course if you're playing the pc version X years after halo first launched it doesn't seem to be that great, but especially for its time, it was one of the best shooters period.

By the way, even in the original halo, you were fighting to save allies too. You actually cared for the marines, because they actually did a good job at fighting and teamwork. I've played through COD 4. The allies (and enemies) felt like complete dumbots. They would stand in the open and just... shoot. That's how far ahead of its time halo was.

11Marcel

I completely agree with you! Great post!

pi3m4ster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 pi3m4ster

I can't believe someone on this thread used "Halo MP is too hard" as an argument against it. :|II-FBIsniper-II

i know :(

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#146 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
It's fun, the levels are interesting, and the story was good.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15606 Posts
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="LittleHands134"]

[QUOTE="daftdog"]Unbeatable worlwide online gameplay wit great charcter and storyline!LittleHands134

It's hardly generalizing, it's just the game. The backstory in Halo was very poor quality, Masterchief is the equivalent of a space age Mary Sue (Think Conan the Barbarian), story telling could have been so much better.

It reminded me of some teeny bopper action movie with exploding buildings and long haired rockstars flying through windows in motorcycles. While Halo didn't have any of those things per se, it still appealed to the same crowd for very similar reasons.

If that's how you really feel then I can't honestly believe you have played any of these games. Halo can set itself above that other crap storywise just on it's generally great dialogue and great acting, nevermind it's interesting (if somewhat generic) background story and setting.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Spartan070

Here, this pure pwnage pic of the Arbiter in all his majesty and grace should fianally quell this infernal heresy.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Spartan070

Why don't you go boast to someone who cares if you're good or not. That's what you Halo players are like, "I pwn you, nub." pretty pathetic boasting over a game don't you think? It's no achievement. Do something better in your life.CBR600-RR
While your efforts are noble, tis System Wars.:)

Boasting, ownage, flops, lulz and noobs run wild, balanced oh course by great competitive banter. Think of System Wars as Tortuga from Pirates of the Carribean.