We may be able to score another one for the 360: OXM reviewed LFD2 9.5!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheRapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 TheRapture
Member since 2009 • 145 Posts
I love anything zombie related, but this series is just garbage. It could so obviously be a mod it's not even funny. Why people paid for this once, let alone again a second time with it's "sequel", are beyond me. $30 is worth it for a toss away game like L4D, not $70.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

I have a subscription to OXM since they first started. I don't like their reviews so much in general, but it's still nice to know, thanks for posting!

It's like Nintendo Power or OPM, they are nice indicators, but the exclusive mags may overate games a tad.

rolo107

Then why stay subscribed?

Tax Write off...besides, It's not like I subscribe to magazines only for reviews.

Seriously, if you think about it, there is no reason to question me. These magazines have a ton of articles on various games, gear, and editorials.

mgkennedy5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 mgkennedy5
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
It's multiplat, so I don't see how it's another point. It doesn't matter, I'm getting the superior PC version
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#54 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

I have a subscription to OXM since they first started. I don't like their reviews so much in general, but it's still nice to know, thanks for posting!

It's like Nintendo Power or OPM, they are nice indicators, but the exclusive mags may overate games a tad.

rolo107

Then why stay subscribed?

They have interesting articles.

And their magazine is enjoyable I guess.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Well, playing gneralizations can be fun, even if inaccurate. Watch :

Sorry all Lemmings have a gaming PC capable of playing Crysis at max setting (To offset KZ2 & U2 Graphics)....unless it comes to L4D2, then they play their port to spite the Cows.

That's why you don't see me use phrases against the factions unless it's to make a point like this.

SolidTy

Lems mention Crysis every time a cow claims a PS3 game is graphics king, because there is only one king. There cannot be two, or three. Just one. They are not hiding behind the PC, all they are doing is stating a fact. The 360 will never have a graphics king, just as the PS3 will never have one either. Neither console can match Crysis.

L4D2 is a game that the PS3 will never have. It doesn't matter if it's on PC, or not. The PS3 doesn't get it. This gives the 360 an advantage, seeing as how well games on the 360 sell, compared to PC game. And, as such, I believe it's fair for people to use it against the PS3 without people saying it doesn't count, because they just want to pretend it doesn't exist.

Firstly, you just changed the subject to consoles exclusive argument...but whatever. I don't make the rules here, but what you are claiming would be a win against the PS3, would actually help the PS3. Upcoming PC/PS3 games like Agency and DC universe, not to mention FF14. Then there is all the PS3 games that don't count like Sinstar, Buzz, MLB:08:The Show, and AAA MLB:The Show 2009.

While I know that would be more fair, the PC users won't have any of this.

Like it's been said, it's SW,not console wars...but this isn't my forum, so I just abide. BTW, you completely changed the subject, yet take note...I answered your change in topic.

Back to my point, there is Console Graphics Kings, and there always will be. This term was popular back when Xbox bested the PS2 last gen, and it sure was popular back in 2006 when GeoW1 came out...it's still strong now.

The two ideas ARE NOT even in the same vein, so I don't know why you keep trying to say they are.

Well said. How hard can it be to understand that something that isn't an "Exclusive" won't be counted as an "Exclusive"? And it seems the only people that try and compare that to a console graphics king are the fanboys of the console without it. If the title shifts systems, then the fanboys switch over who likes it and who doesn't. :roll:
pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 pitty8982
Member since 2008 • 1072 Posts

another AAA game for the xbxo 360

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 PrimusGears
Member since 2008 • 1594 Posts

another AAA game for the xbxo 360

pitty8982

that cant be played on the PS3.

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Well, playing gneralizations can be fun, even if inaccurate. Watch :

Sorry all Lemmings have a gaming PC capable of playing Crysis at max setting (To offset KZ2 & U2 Graphics)....unless it comes to L4D2, then they play their port to spite the Cows.

That's why you don't see me use phrases against the factions unless it's to make a point like this.

SolidTy

Lems mention Crysis every time a cow claims a PS3 game is graphics king, because there is only one king. There cannot be two, or three. Just one. They are not hiding behind the PC, all they are doing is stating a fact. The 360 will never have a graphics king, just as the PS3 will never have one either. Neither console can match Crysis.

L4D2 is a game that the PS3 will never have. It doesn't matter if it's on PC, or not. The PS3 doesn't get it. This gives the 360 an advantage, seeing as how well games on the 360 sell, compared to PC game. And, as such, I believe it's fair for people to use it against the PS3 without people saying it doesn't count, because they just want to pretend it doesn't exist.

Firstly, you just changed the subject to consoles exclusive argument...but whatever. I don't make the rules here, but what you are claiming would be a win against the PS3, would actually help the PS3. Upcoming PC/PS3 games like Agency and DC universe, not to mention FF14. Then there is all the PS3 games that don't count like Sinstar, Buzz, MLB:08:The Show, and AAA MLB:The Show 2009.

While I know that would be more fair, the PC users won't have any of this.

Like it's been said, it's SW,not console wars...but this isn't my forum, so I just abide. BTW, you completely changed the subject, yet take note...I answered your change in topic.

Back to my point, there is Console Graphics Kings, and there always will be. This term was popular back when Xbox bested the PS2 last gen, and it sure was popular back in 2006 when GeoW1 came out...it's still strong now.

The two ideas ARE NOT even in the same vein, so I don't know why you keep trying to say they are.

help the PS3? please give me a break, 2. Lets be real here, you can have Buzz lol, AA the show 08, AAA the show 2009, and i will take Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Upcoming Splinter Cell, L4D 1 AND 2 any day of the week, It wouldnt be an advantage for the PS3, maybe for you since you are a cow, but not to the rest of the world.

brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

Look at all the crazy lemmings in this thread.

So if the game is exclusive to xbox it is also exclusive to PC which doesnt make sense to me...

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29834 Posts

we know cows, it cant be counted and doesnt make a difference cause its not exclusive. yet another great game that wont be available on the PS3

PrimusGears
console exclusive makes about as much sense as console graphics king.
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PrimusGears
[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

we know cows, it cant be counted and doesnt make a difference cause its not exclusive. yet another great game that wont be available on the PS3

clone01

we know and that makes about as much sense as 360 not getting credit for having a game that cant be played on the PS3.
scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 scarface_dm
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

Woooooohooooooooooo Count another AAA game to the 360 library, :D

360 just gets better and better

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#63 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

While I do like reading game magazines and game sites reviews on games, I find it a little hard to put a lot of faith in OXM reviews. I just feel like they may be a little biased. Official Xbox magazine reviewing games for a Xbox console makes it a little difficult for me. I do look at their reviews, but I check with Game Informer, Gamepro, IGN, and this site also.

pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 pitty8982
Member since 2008 • 1072 Posts

great year for the xbox 360

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

scarface_dm
Yes because OXM has SUCH good reviews and they so very often are the same as gamespots right? I say this as a HUGE L4D fan who has something like 320 hours in the first one on steam. Do I think it's going to get AAA? No. Probably not here. First one got 8.5 and this one is fairly similar and with tilt I can't see it doing any better. Doesn't mean I'm not going to love this game though.
gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#66 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Been playing the demo. Not surprised if this game gets AAA all over.

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

they gave the first one the same score. this magazine isn't a good source.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
[QUOTE="PrimusGears"][QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

we know and that makes about as much sense as 360 not getting credit for having a game that cant be played on the PS3.

Okay. Fine. Then MLB The Show counts for PS3 since it can't be played on 360.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ace6301
[QUOTE="PrimusGears"][QUOTE="clone01"] console exclusive makes about as much sense as console graphics king.nervmeister

Okay. Fine. Then MLB The Show counts for PS3 since it can't be played on 360.

Neither counts for either. Thems the rules.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#70 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

SW really is a revolving door of lems and cows trying to bend the rules to suit them.

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
That source engine is very outdated i dunno wut OXM been smoking giving this a 9.5 but then again they gave Dead Space a freaking 6/10 so hmmm.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#72 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

They both make sense.
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 PrimusGears

SparkyProtocol

They both make sense.

lol very true.

Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts

I'm not sure I understand the concept behind "console exlusive." I'm assuming that means "exclusive to consoles", in which case, is not true because it's on PC. If it's on PC, it's not exclusive to only consoles. I might be interpreting this term incorrectly, but this new found concept seems like a bit of a twist and stretch to me. Why don't we just keep it simple....SYSTEM WARS, after all, that's the very forum we're posting in.

P.S. this is definitely a bone for the 360, but I don't think the word "exclusive" belongs in the equation as long as the game is on PC. Throwing the word console in front of exclusive seems a bit silly.

-Tretiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 -Tretiak
Member since 2007 • 2416 Posts

Why do people act like they're confused by what console exclusive means? It means that no other console gets the game. Simple. I don't agree with it, but it's simple.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Ace6301

I'm not sure I understand the concept behind "console exlusive." I'm assuming that means "exclusive to consoles", in which case, is not true because it's on PC. If it's on PC, it's not exclusive to only consoles. I might be interpreting this term incorrectly, but this new found concept seems like a bit of a twist and stretch to me. Why don't we just keep it simple....SYSTEM WARS, after all, that's the very forum we're posting in.

Lethargika
They use it to refer to 360 games that are on PC but not on PS3 because the 360s only competitor is the PS3 according to lemmings now :P
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
I know this game will be better than the first and will get high scores. But I'm not going to get this one.
Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts

Why do people act like they're confused by what console exclusive means? It means that no other console gets the game. Simple. I don't agree with it, but it's simple.

-Tretiak

Ok, but you could simply throw the word "exclusive" behind any word. Can I call the PC version of Dragon Age a "superior graphics exclusive?"

drakecool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 drakecool1
Member since 2009 • 1145 Posts

scarface_dm

that game is multiplat so it doesnt count.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#80 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="scarface_dm"]

drakecool1

that game is multiplat so it doesnt count.

It only counts for the poor GS community that has no PC.
I'm of the opinion that multiplayer FPS's shouldn't count on consoles at all as they're always so lacklustre compared to PC. (Controls, chat, options, communities.)

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29834 Posts

SparkyProtocol

They both make sense.

not in SW. logic dies here.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
really another one for the pc. l4d just isn't right with that crippled controller. plus the x360 version is like playing on low setting with crappy frame rate.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
[QUOTE="WAIW"]

How is this another point for the 360?... It's not even the superior version, let alone exclusive.

MortalDecay
It's just an awesome game the PS3 will never have.

true but the thing is no 360 is need to play all these game that lems try and call console exclusives. only game like forza are x360 exclusives.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

How is this another point for the 360?... It's not even the superior version, let alone exclusive.

WAIW

Nobody compares PS3 vs 360 vs PC. SW is more about 360 Vs. PS3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

really another one for the pc. l4d just isn't right with that crippled controller. plus the x360 version is like playing on low setting with crappy frame rate. imprezawrx500

Lol what? You might want to get your eyes checked.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
well i meant compared to the PS3 not the PC. PS3 isnt getting LFD right?Trinitarian
L4D due, but yeah it's another point to the 360 as far as 'console' exclusives are concerned, thats if it scores AAA on GS, it's highly unlikely it won't, but you know GS,stranger things have happened,lol
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

[QUOTE="dsmccracken"]Did you? We all know what the definitions are. Even if "console exclusive" is not accepted in SW, we all know what it means. It "twists" nothing, it is a description of a very real and meaningful concept. Only someone with an agenda can't see that, or pretends not to.skektek

I'll take that as a no.

Grab your crayons I'll give you a lesson:

"console exclusive" literally means 'exclusive to consoles' (we can infer the plurality because no one console is cited). In the case of L4D it is not a "console exclusive" because A) Its also on the PC and B) It's only on one console (Bayonetta and Dante's Inferno would be examples of "console exclusives"). Maybe you mean its a "360 exclusive", but again that isn't the case either because it is also on the PC. You are trying to claim some sort of ownage based on exclusivity where there is none. L4D is a multiplat game, nothing less, nothing more. Don't try to spin it into something it is not, you just make yourself look silly.

Thank you, good sir. It's just a matter of understanding the english language. The term "console exclusive" does indeed exist but Left 4 Dead just isn't one. Final Fantasy 13 is exclusive to consoles, it's not on PC, therefore it's a console exclusive. Left 4 Dead is on PC. Calling it a console exclusive is simply wrong. People need to find another word to describe games that aren't on the PS3 if they want to claim ownage.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
really another one for the pc. l4d just isn't right with that crippled controller. plus the x360 version is like playing on low setting with crappy frame rate. imprezawrx500
no it isn't , i have never encountered a single framerate drop on the 360 version of left4dead,have you actually played left4dead on low settings on the PC? the 360 version looks nothing like that,lol
BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts

WAIW

PC isnt in competition with the 360. Its just like Ferarri isnt in competition with Ford. One will sell a hell of a lot more than the other

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="hkmp5a2"]

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]LFD?

is that sarcasm, I can't tell...... LFD - left for dead- left four dead - left for dead - L4D, all the same

I'm just not use to people calling it LFD

Each game has one acronym or people would get confused alot more like people calling gears of war GoW instead of GeoW, it is L4D.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#91 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
[QUOTE="ColdP1zza"]

[QUOTE="WAIW"]

Nobody compares PS3 vs 360 vs PC. SW is more about 360 Vs. PS3.

Correct. That is why Microsoft and Sony release games on PC too and why Console Exclusive is used. The two dorect competitors are PS3 and 360.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#92 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Great score. I cant wait for next week

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

Not the superior version + not exclusive = no point.

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
well i meant compared to the PS3 not the PC. PS3 isnt getting LFD right?Trinitarian
but pc is. so not exclusive...
With-Hatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 With-Hatred
Member since 2009 • 926 Posts

buying it day 1 :D

With-Hatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 With-Hatred

Lemmings trying to twist definitions :roll:

skektek

Maybe it's cows doing damage control ;)

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#97 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Yes, this is going to be a great multiplat. Too bad the 360 gets the vastly inferior version.
With-Hatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 With-Hatred

Yes, this is going to be a great multiplat. Too bad the 360 gets the vastly inferior version.aaronmullan
Minus keyboard and mouse and user created maps, it's the same thing.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

Yes, this is going to be a great multiplat. Too bad the 360 gets the vastly inferior version.aaronmullan

i wouldnt say that, while i dont have any problem playing L4D2 with KB/M i still prefer controller coz its better + the graphics are SLIGHTLY worse on 360 so i dont see how you can call it a vastly inferior version

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
Vastly?