We may be able to score another one for the 360: OXM reviewed LFD2 9.5!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

its an alright magizine, and it gave LFD2 a 9.5, it also scored AC2 with a 9.0.

honestly i never got into LFD but after playing the demo every day its gets pretty addictive. Hopefully it scores well every where else.

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts

How is this another point for the 360?... It's not even the superior version, let alone exclusive.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I have a subscription to OXM since they first started. I don't like their reviews so much in general, but it's still nice to know, thanks for posting!

It's like Nintendo Power or OPM, they are nice indicators, but the exclusive mags may overate games a tad.

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts

How is this another point for the 360?... It's not even the superior version, let alone exclusive.

WAIW
i think he means. another point that the 360 is only known for being a multi plat box.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
Is there an actual review for L4D or just a score?
skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#6 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

Although the score is very good and I am excited to play this game, it is not an exclusive so I do not see how this counts as a "point" for the 360 as it is on the PC as well (and will be the better version). Unless we are talking about console exclusives but I always thought that was a stupid argument

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Trinitarian
well i meant compared to the PS3 not the PC. PS3 isnt getting LFD right?
Parasomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Parasomniac
Member since 2007 • 2723 Posts
That's not an exclusive
Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

If I did buy L4D2, it would be obviously on the PC.

Just like how I got Left 4 Dead on the PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

well i meant compared to the PS3 not the PC. PS3 isnt getting LFD right?Trinitarian
LFD?

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts

WAIW
How do you not get that exclusivity (or lack thereof) is not the only thing that affects system comparisons?
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#12 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
lulz bias, bill gates writes all the reviews for OXM
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dsmccracken
That's not an exclusiveParasomniac
And your point is?
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Trinitarian
That's not an exclusiveParasomniac
yeah but its a console exclusive. I don't focus on the PC in these sorts of things. Only the PS3. To be a hardcore PC gamer is out of the question for me right now and probably for years to come. For one, the games on the PC are almost always better anyway and that comes with a huge price tag IMO. I can't imagio n having to buy upgrades for almost every high end game that comes out, worrying about all the problems that a computer has in regardes to bugs and glithes. I won't argue that PC gamers have a better time with gaming but its just not in my reach. IMO PC is a superior beast lol, so just let us console gamers fight over the scraps :)
hkmp5a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hkmp5a2
Member since 2003 • 1315 Posts

[QUOTE="Trinitarian"]well i meant compared to the PS3 not the PC. PS3 isnt getting LFD right?sherman-tank1

LFD?

is that sarcasm, I can't tell...... LFD - left for dead- left four dead - L4D, all the same

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dsmccracken
[QUOTE="Parasomniac"]That's not an exclusiveTrinitarian
yeah but its a console exclusive. I don't focus on the PC in these sorts of things. Only the PS3. To be a hardcore PC gamer is out of the question for me right now and probably for years to come. For one, the games on the PC are almost always better anyway and that comes with a huge price tag IMO. I can't imagio n having to buy upgrades for almost every high end game that comes out, worrying about all the problems that a computer has in regardes to bugs and glithes. I won't argue that PC gamers have a better time with gaming but its just not in my reach. IMO PC is a superior beast lol, so just let us console gamers fight over the scraps :)

The term "console exclusive" is not widely accepted here in GS. That said, the concept that it describes clearly has meaning, and L4D2 fits into that...
WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#17 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts
[QUOTE="WAIW"]

dsmccracken
How do you not get that exclusivity (or lack thereof) is not the only thing that affects system comparisons?

Why would it not be "another point for the PC", but "another point for the 360?" It sounds as though he's one of the people trying to pass it off as a 360 exclusive.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="Trinitarian"]well i meant compared to the PS3 not the PC. PS3 isnt getting LFD right?hkmp5a2

LFD?

is that sarcasm, I can't tell...... LFD - left for dead- left four dead - left for dead - L4D, all the same

I'm just not use to people calling it LFD

tempest91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 tempest91
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

Sorry all Cows have a gaming PC capable of playing crysis at max settings.....unless it comes to Dragon Age, then they play their port to spite the Lemmings.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

Left 4 Dead is very very easy to run. You probably could build a computer to run it for less than a PS3 or Elite360. Also Console Exclusive means nothing here except to primuswhateverhisnameis.
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dsmccracken
[QUOTE="dsmccracken"][QUOTE="WAIW"]

WAIW

Why would it not be "another point for the PC", but "another point for the 360?" It sounds as though he's one of the people trying to pass it off as a 360 exclusive.

I would imagine that he's probably a consolite. Obviously, it is both a point for the 360 AND the PC.
skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

Lemmings trying to twist definitions :roll:

-Tretiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Tretiak
Member since 2007 • 2416 Posts

Not surprising in the least. I've had this pegged as AAA ever since Valve released details about it. I can't wait for Gamespot to forever dispell the myth that this game doesn't have enough to be considered a worthy sequel.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dsmccracken

skektek
Cows (and sometimes Hermits) acting deliberately obtuse regarding the obvious meanings of those definitions :roll:
skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 skektek

[QUOTE="skektek"]

dsmccracken

Cows (and sometimes Hermits) acting deliberately obtuse regarding the obvious meanings of those definitions :roll:

Did you even try to think this out before you posted?

hkmp5a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hkmp5a2

[QUOTE="hkmp5a2"]

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]LFD?

sherman-tank1

is that sarcasm, I can't tell...... LFD - left for dead- left four dead - left for dead - L4D, all the same

I'm just not use to people calling it LFD

Not realy any fault on your part; I'm not even used to it lol

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dsmccracken

[QUOTE="dsmccracken"][QUOTE="skektek"]

skektek

Did you? We all know what the definitions are. Even if "console exclusive" is not accepted in SW, we all know what it means. It "twists" nothing, it is a description of a very real and meaningful concept. Only someone with an agenda can't see that, or pretends not to.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidTy

Sorry all Cows have a gaming PC capable of playing crysis at max settings.....unless it comes to Dragon Age, then they play their port to spite the Lemmings.

tempest91

Well, playing gneralizations can be fun, even if inaccurate. Watch :

Sorry all Lemmings have a gaming PC capable of playing Crysis at max setting (To offset KZ2 & U2 Graphics)....unless it comes to L4D2, then they play their port to spite the Cows.

That's why you don't see me use phrases against the factions unless it's to make a point like this.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dsmccracken

[QUOTE="tempest91"]

SolidTy

Sorry all Lemmings have a gaming PC capable of playing Crysis at max setting (To offset KZ2 & U2 Graphics)....unless it comes to L4D2, then they play their port to spite the Cows.

That's why you don't see me use phrases against the factions unless it's to make a point like this.

The real point isn't whether a cow can play a 360/PC game on their PC. Of course they can, and it doesn't take an incredibly expensive super-computer, either. I don't know the system requirements, but I doubt that L4D2 is on a level with Crysis. No, more to the point is that, for a cow to cite their PC, they would need to stipulate that it takes a $300 PS3 and a minimum $500 PC to counter what lems get for $250.
hkmp5a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hkmp5a2

[QUOTE="tempest91"]

SolidTy

pretty much /thread if this was another free for all ps3 - 360 - pc thread.. ow wait nm it is.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

WAIW
It's just an awesome game the PS3 will never have.
skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 skektek

[QUOTE="skektek"]

[QUOTE="dsmccracken"] Cows (and sometimes Hermits) acting deliberately obtuse regarding the obvious meanings of those definitions :roll:dsmccracken

Did you? We all know what the definitions are. Even if "console exclusive" is not accepted in SW, we all know what it means. It "twists" nothing, it is a description of a very real and meaningful concept. Only someone with an agenda can't see that, or pretends not to.

I'll take that as a no.

Grab your crayons I'll give you a lesson:

"console exclusive" literally means 'exclusive to consoles' (we can infer the plurality because no one console is cited). In the case of L4D it is not a "console exclusive" because A) Its also on the PC and B) It's only on one console (Bayonetta and Dante's Inferno would be examples of "console exclusives"). Maybe you mean its a "360 exclusive", but again that isn't the case either because it is also on the PC. You are trying to claim some sort of ownage based on exclusivity where there is none. L4D is a multiplat game, nothing less, nothing more. Don't try to spin it into something it is not, you just make yourself look silly.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MortalDecay

[QUOTE="tempest91"]

SolidTy

Lems mention Crysis every time a cow claims a PS3 game is graphics king, because there is only one king. There cannot be two, or three. Just one. They are not hiding behind the PC, all they are doing is stating a fact. The 360 will never have a graphics king, just as the PS3 will never have one either. Neither console can match Crysis.

L4D2 is a game that the PS3 will never have. It doesn't matter if it's on PC, or not. The PS3 doesn't get it. This gives the 360 an advantage, seeing as how well games on the 360 sell, compared to PC game. And, as such, I believe it's fair for people to use it against the PS3 without people saying it doesn't count, because they just want to pretend it doesn't exist.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MortalDecay
[QUOTE="skektek"]

[QUOTE="dsmccracken"][QUOTE="skektek"]

I'll take that as a no.

Grab your crayons I'll give you a lesson:

"console exclusive" literally means 'exclusive to consoles' (we can infer the plurality because no one console is cited). In the case of L4D it is not a "console exclusive" because A) Its also on the PC and B) It's only on one console (Bayonetta and Dante's Inferno would be examples of "console exclusives"). Maybe you mean its a "360 exclusive", but again that isn't the case either because it is also on the PC. You are trying to claim some sort of ownage based on exclusivity where there is none. L4D is a multiplat game, nothing less, nothing more. Don't try to spin it into something it is not, you just make yourself look silly.

Console exclusive is about as dumb as console graphics king. Neither should be used. However, L4D2 definately gives the 360 the advantage.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts
[QUOTE="Trinitarian"]

its an alright magizine, and it gave LFD2 a 9.5, it also scored AC2 with a 9.0.

honestly i never got into LFD but after playing the demo every day its gets pretty addictive. Hopefully it scores well every where else.

eh, i subscribe to OXM, but i can't say its really a neutral source for reviews.
spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts

thats great and all, but GS doesnt feel the same as you do
KukicAdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 359

#37 KukicAdo
Member since 2008 • 973 Posts
wait OXM gave an Xbox/PC game a high score? Alert the press. What's next PSM gave lair a 10?
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

You do realize it has nothing to do with your personally? The term console exclusive doesn't apply in System Wars regadless if you own a gaming PC or not due to the fact that PC is a platform and a game on 2 platforms is multiplat. I can just as easily say that I dont focus on the 360 therefore its PC exclusive, but it doesn't work like that.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MortalDecay
wait OXM gave an Xbox/PC game a high score? Alert the press. What's next PSM gave lair a 10? KukicAdo
Dude, I don't thing the developers of Lair, themselves, would give it a 10.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

i expect alot of 9's

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#41 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

OXM? Didn't they give Mass Effect, COD4 and Halo 3 all a score of 10?

Regardless, L4D2 isn't exclusive. And to be honest, I'm not interested in it.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

another great console exclusvie for the 360. I think it'll be AAA

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidTy

another great console exclusvie for the 360. I think it'll be AAA

aia89

If it is, it should OFFSET the Console Exclusives MLB08:The Show, Multiple BUZZ games, Mulitple SingStar Games, and AAA MLB2009:The Show!

Oh yeah, there is no console exclusives...

Also, I predict AA, but I would love to see an AAA score.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Better said another one for the 360 and PC. Nice score, though.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
L4D, another series I will never understand the appeal of.
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PrimusGears
Member since 2008 • 1594 Posts

we know cows, it cant be counted and doesnt make a difference cause its not exclusive. yet another great game that wont be available on the PS3

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="tempest91"]

MortalDecay

Lems mention Crysis every time a cow claims a PS3 game is graphics king, because there is only one king. There cannot be two, or three. Just one. They are not hiding behind the PC, all they are doing is stating a fact. The 360 will never have a graphics king, just as the PS3 will never have one either. Neither console can match Crysis.

L4D2 is a game that the PS3 will never have. It doesn't matter if it's on PC, or not. The PS3 doesn't get it. This gives the 360 an advantage, seeing as how well games on the 360 sell, compared to PC game. And, as such, I believe it's fair for people to use it against the PS3 without people saying it doesn't count, because they just want to pretend it doesn't exist.

Firstly, you just changed the subject to consoles exclusive argument...but whatever. I don't make the rules here, but what you are claiming would be a win against the PS3, would actually help the PS3. Upcoming PC/PS3 games like Agency and DC universe, not to mention FF14. Then there is all the PS3 games that don't count like Sinstar, Buzz, MLB:08:The Show, and AAA MLB:The Show 2009.

While I know that would be more fair, the PC users won't have any of this.

Like it's been said, it's SW,not console wars...but this isn't my forum, so I just abide. BTW, you completely changed the subject, yet take note...I answered your change in topic.

Back to my point, there is Console Graphics Kings, and there always will be. This term was popular back when Xbox bested the PS2 last gen, and it sure was popular back in 2006 when GeoW1 came out...it's still strong now.

The two ideas ARE NOT even in the same vein, so I don't know why you keep trying to say they are.

HOMIE_G64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#48 HOMIE_G64
Member since 2005 • 1482 Posts
L4D, another series I will never understand the appeal of.Im_single
Yeah, your kinda in the minority.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts

I have a subscription to OXM since they first started. I don't like their reviews so much in general, but it's still nice to know, thanks for posting!

It's like Nintendo Power or OPM, they are nice indicators, but the exclusive mags may overate games a tad.

SolidTy

Then why stay subscribed?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
[QUOTE="Trinitarian"][QUOTE="Parasomniac"]That's not an exclusiveAce6301

Left 4 Dead is very very easy to run. You probably could build a computer to run it for less than a PS3 or Elite360. Also Console Exclusive means nothing here except to primuswhateverhisnameis.

Exactly. If you have a PC capable of running Vista, you shouldn't have much problem running L4D at levels comparable to consoles. And everyone knows by now what an oxymoron "Console Exclusive" is. Still will be another solid title in for the PC/360.