We may be able to score another one for the 360: OXM reviewed LFD2 9.5!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
"What truth? if it was true, consoles wouldn't exist. Because according to SW, everyone owns a high end gaming rig and it only cost them 500$." So you're saying the PC version isn't superior? Cause last I checked no one said anything in that quote chain that had to do with having a high end gaming rig. PC version has more content for less price. If you have a higher end right you get better graphics too.

Your HTML is not well-formed. RAGE!
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#202 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Do cows not see how pathetic it is that they need TWO systems to counter the 360's library?

ThatGuyFromB4

And because of that, the 360 can hold it's own, while cows need a game not on their primary(PS3) system to compete.

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 PrimusGears
Member since 2008 • 1594 Posts

Do cows not see how pathetic it is that they need TWO systems to counter the 360's library?

ThatGuyFromB4

haha good point, its stupid really, cows will always use the loophole, because its a cop out. In reality, I say count MLB 08, 09 the show, and count games like L4D for the 360. It is a console exclusive, just like we have console graphics king, it is what it is, but everyone gets their panties in a bunch over the faulted rule. You know even the declaration of independence had modifications and amendments, I mean at this point it is just flat out stupid, but it is what it is, I just laugh now.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Good score. I will probably get the PC iteration, assuming my funds are in order.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 psn8214

[QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

PrimusGears

haha good point, its stupid really, cows will always use the loophole, because its a cop out. In reality, I say count MLB 08, 09 the show, and count games like L4D for the 360. It is a console exclusive, just like we have console graphics king, it is what it is, but everyone gets their panties in a bunch over the faulted rule. You know even the declaration of independence had modifications and amendments, I mean at this point it is just flat out stupid, but it is what it is, I just laugh now.

You mean the Constitution?.. :|

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Ace6301

[QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

PrimusGears

Yet you lemmings are the ones trying to bend to rules in your favour so you can say your system is better than another. Can't live with the rules that's too bad. PC + PS3 is a winning combo and the only games I miss out on is Halo and Gears 2. I get all those fancy PS3 exclusives and of course I get all the awesomeness that is PC gaming. Win-Win right there. 360 doesn't get PS3 exclusives, to get those you need a PS3 while I can get some of the main selling points of the 360 with my PC which I've had since before the 360 was even launched.
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

psn8214

lol yeah its past my bed time. lol

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 psn8214

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

PrimusGears

You should probably get to sleep then!.. :P

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

Ace6301

Yet you lemmings are the ones trying to bend to rules in your favour so you can say your system is better than another. Can't live with the rules that's too bad. PC + PS3 is a winning combo and the only games I miss out on is Halo and Gears 2. I get all those fancy PS3 exclusives and of course I get all the awesomeness that is PC gaming. Win-Win right there. 360 doesn't get PS3 exclusives, to get those you need a PS3 while I can get some of the main selling points of the 360 with my PC which I've had since before the 360 was even launched.

well that is subjective, and assuming that you are a representation of the majority is also false, you wanna say that it isnt an advantage for the 360 over the PS3 to have games like Left for dead 2, you are sadly mistaken, it is an advantage and even Casey would tell you that, just cant call it exclusive, its not my fault that fanboys dont recognize anything other than exclusives. It is an advantage for the 360 over the PS3 to have games like Left for dead 2, Splinter Cell, mass Effect 2. Make yourself feel better all you want, you arent right in this debate!

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

psn8214

this debate drives me batty tho lol

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#212 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="ThatGuyFromB4"]

Ace6301

PS3+PC is great, it's just that cows need PC games that are also on 360 to compete against 360, do you realize how odd that sounds? Still a win for 360 since it's on that system instead of the PS3. To me, by that logic, I just use a 360+PS3, because I can still get PS3 exclusives and 360+PC games on 360, not to mention I'm not a huge PC gamer to begin with. And saying Halo 3 and Gears 2 are the only exclusives is laughable, you must not had seen the spreadsheet.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

PrimusGears

well that is subjective, and assuming that you are a representation of the majority is also false, you wanna say that it isnt an advantage for the 360 over the PS3 to have games like Left for dead 2, you are sadly mistaken, it is an advantage and even Casey would tell you that, just cant call it exclusive, its not my fault that fanboys dont recognize anything other than exclusives. It is an advantage for the 360 over the PS3 to have games like Left for dead 2, Splinter Cell, mass Effect 2. Make yourself feel better all you want, you arent right in this debate!

When did I say it wasn't an advantage over the PS3 for the 360? You keep trying to say how pathetic it is that Cows try and say that it doesn't matter because its for PC as well. I say it's pathetic that you try and change the rules to call it "console exclusives" so that you can claim games like L4D as AACE. THAT is what I would call pathetic. Does it add anything to the 360? Yeah it does but it's not like it makes not having a 360 any worse or difficult to do. It just makes having a 360 better. I don't have a 360 and honestly the one game I miss from not having it is Nuts and Bolts. If you can't get the other faction to WANT the system you're a fan of then you've failed haven't you?
PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 PrimusGears

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"] Yet you lemmings are the ones trying to bend to rules in your favour so you can say your system is better than another. Can't live with the rules that's too bad. PC + PS3 is a winning combo and the only games I miss out on is Halo and Gears 2. I get all those fancy PS3 exclusives and of course I get all the awesomeness that is PC gaming. Win-Win right there. 360 doesn't get PS3 exclusives, to get those you need a PS3 while I can get some of the main selling points of the 360 with my PC which I've had since before the 360 was even launched.Ace6301

When did I say it wasn't an advantage over the PS3 for the 360? You keep trying to say how pathetic it is that Cows try and say that it doesn't matter because its for PC as well. I say it's pathetic that you try and change the rules to call it "console exclusives" so that you can claim games like L4D as AACE. THAT is what I would call pathetic. Does it add anything to the 360? Yeah it does but it's not like it makes not having a 360 any worse or difficult to do. It just makes having a 360 better. I don't have a 360 and honestly the one game I miss from not having it is Nuts and Bolts. If you can't get the other faction to WANT the system you're a fan of then you've failed haven't you?

well in one sentence you say "Yet you lemmings are the ones trying to bend to rules in your favour so you can say your system is better than another" and another you say "Yeah it does but it's not like it makes not having a 360 any worse or difficult to do. It just makes having a 360 better". So basically you are saying what I am saying, just your cow bloodlines are making you not want to say it. lol, anyway, AAACE i did take off the table, but its because of this type of banter from cows that I made it up. You guys dont wanna give these games credit bottom line, and they deserve it.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Ace6301

PrimusGears

well in one sentence you say "Yet you lemmings are the ones trying to bend to rules in your favour so you can say your system is better than another" and another you say "Yeah it does but it's not like it makes not having a 360 any worse or difficult to do. It just makes having a 360 better". So basically you are saying what I am saying, just your cow bloodlines are making you not want to say it. lol, anyway, AAACE i did take off the table, but its because of this type of banter from cows that I made it up. You guys dont wanna give these games credit bottom line, and they deserve it.

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. Better than it currently is, not better than anything else. Imo the 360 is the least desirable of the consoles this gen. In one post above you call me a Hermit but now you're calling me a cow as well. You really should add sheep onto that as well since Nintendo is freaking awesome. 360 offers me nothing and has yet to prove its self to me. I've been gaming since the NES gen and I've never had any interest in any Xbox console. I know im not everyone but if I'm feeling that underwhelmed by what it has to offer it's failed in my eyes. 360 is basically just a mini PC that has left to offer in my eyes. I know you can't change my mind and I won't change yours so there's really no point to this now. You can say 360 is better than the PS3 but that just puts it in 2nd or 3rd place. This is system wars not console wars. You're a lemming and you're ignoring the thing sitting at the top and instead trying to bring down a console that is selling less than yours. Why bother?
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 psn8214

I must say, PS3/PC is a very good combo.

PrimusGears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 PrimusGears

I must say, PS3/PC is a very good combo.

psn8214

not a realistic one for most buyers though.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Ace6301

PrimusGears

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. Better than it currently is, not better than anything else. Imo the 360 is the least desirable of the consoles this gen. In one post above you call me a Hermit but now you're calling me a cow as well. You really should add sheep onto that as well since Nintendo is freaking awesome. 360 offers me nothing and has yet to prove its self to me. I've been gaming since the NES gen and I've never had any interest in any Xbox console. I know im not everyone but if I'm feeling that underwhelmed by what it has to offer it's failed in my eyes. 360 is basically just a mini PC that has left to offer in my eyes. I know you can't change my mind and I won't change yours so there's really no point to this now. You can say 360 is better than the PS3 but that just puts it in 2nd or 3rd place. This is system wars not console wars. You're a lemming and you're ignoring the thing sitting at the top and instead trying to bring down a console that is selling less than yours. Why bother?

nah i will just call you a lemming hater, lol, i mean you are all over the place and I rest my case. You conceded my point anyway that Left for dead 2 is an advantage for the 360 since it isnt on the PS3, now you are getting on a tangent why the 360 is the least desirable of the consoles this gen and what the 360 is in your eyes????? Ok well time for bed now, I rest my case. Goodnight buddy.

When did I even say that it wasn't an advantage? I was just calling you out on calling Cows pathetic for their using loop holes and yet you are trying to change the rules to suit your self. You're nothing better than a Cow using PC to say PS3 isn't losing anything. Also I have nothing against Lemmings, as long as they are sensible. Good night to you as well, friend.
-keola-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 -keola-
Member since 2003 • 701 Posts

[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="dsmccracken"] Correct.

dsmccracken

well, i guess we agree to disagree. i don't think you can disregard the PC on one argument and include it on the other.

The crux of our disagreement is not my disregarding the PC in some places while not in others. It is that I disagree that I am disregarding it at all, or at least the way some would seem to mean it here: in some sort of snub, or a disingenuous attempt to accrue glory to the 360 while absurdly denying the existence of the PC. To refer to my previous analogy, a debate in an MLB forum about the Sox vs.Yanks does not "disregard" the Detroit Tigers.

I think that "graphics king" is silly, NOT because I can't see any conditions where something like graphics can be debated between consoles, but because I'm not a graphics whore and I find graphics idolatry silly in and of itself.

You are going through great lengths to defend a delusional concept wether you follow the same intentions or not, the fact is that someone (not saying you) trying to claim an exclusive because they want to call it "console exclusive" is a delusional concept to negate the fact there is also a PC version to claim a victory over PS3. It is a shared Victory between the 360 and PC over the PS3 but not an exclusive victory.

If someone wants to take a stab at the PS3 specifically, a better way to do it is to say something along the lines of "Here's yet another great game the PS3 doesn't get, sucks for them."If someone wants to live in their little box of denial and delusions then so be it, but it doesn't hold any weight to what is fact.

Your Sox vs Yanks analogy only works when the topic is specifically states PS3 vs 360 only because it is a set topic of discussion and it would be obnoxious for a PC gamer to come in and say something, but any fan of the Tigers or any other teams would likely jump in if the Sox or Yankees were stating incorrect facts as in the whole point of this discussion.

Also stating a game has the best graphics would either be fact or fiction not opinion, it is a fact that Crysis has the overall best texture resolutions overall most polygons and technical effects in a large open and detailed environment in comparison to other games. What I think you mean to debate as opinion would be artistic style, stating that you think a game looks better to you cause you like it's artistic style and it's more appealing to your eyes is in-fact an opinion.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

You are going through great lengths to defend a delusional concept wether you follow the same intentions or not, the fact is that someone (not saying you) trying to claim an exclusive because they want to call it "console exclusive" is a delusional concept to negate the fact there is also a PC version to claim a victory over PS3. It is a shared Victory between the 360 and PC over the PS3 but not an exclusive victory.

-Cut-

-keola-

I never understood this argument, when some one claims a game to be 'console exclusive' people consider them to be claiming the game as a exclusive, when infact if any one who wanted to claim a game as an exclusive would have no need to add console as an adjective, and would simply say its 'exclusive'.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#222 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

[QUOTE="-keola-"]

-Cut-

opex07

I never understood this argument, when some one claims a game to be 'console exclusive' people consider them to be claiming the game as a exclusive, when infact if any one who wanted to claim a game as an exclusive would have no need to add console as an adjective, and would simply say its 'exclusive'.

Yes, but still. It's System Wars, not Console Wars, so any game that's on PC aswell is no kind of exclusive. It would be chaos if we did the whole "Console Exclusive" thing.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 opex07

Yes, but still. It's System Wars, not Console Wars, so any game that's on PC aswell is no kind of exclusive. It would be chaos if we did the whole "Console Exclusive" thing.

lundy86_4

I'm not trying to argue the rules, I'm already aware that this place doesn't make much sense, the only place where Mods will argue that PC's cant be left out, when the word console exclusive acknowledges the existence of a PC counter part, while allowing such things as console graphic King.

I'm just trying to point out that the person saying the game is console exclusive isn't arguing the game is exclusive.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

opex07

I'm not trying to argue the rules, I'm already aware that this place doesn't make much sense, the only place where Mods will argue that PC's cant be left out, when the word console exclusive acknowledges the existence of a PC counter part, while allowing such things as console graphic King. I'm just trying to point out that the person trying to say the game is console exclusive isn't argue the game is exclusive.

Well they are essentially. As they are saying it's exclusive to the console. When it is not.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 opex07

Well they are essentially. As they are saying it's exclusive to the console. When it is not.

lundy86_4

The term refers to a game being available on only one console.

Lantern-Cusp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#226 Lantern-Cusp
Member since 2009 • 739 Posts

its an alright magizine, and it gave LFD2 a 9.5, it also scored AC2 with a 9.0.

honestly i never got into LFD but after playing the demo every day its gets pretty addictive. Hopefully it scores well every where else.

Trinitarian

LFD2 9.5 and AC2 9.0..................sounds like a bunch of morons

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

opex07

The term refers to a game being available on only one console.

The clue is in the forum name 'System Wars'

Not 'Console Wars'

What your trying to say it the following: 'LFD 2 is a great xbox exclusive and a great PC exclusive!'

Can you see why such a statement makes no sense and cannot be true?

You can stick any word you want before the word 'exclusive' but it still won't change the meaning of the word to your liking.

Just accept that the 360 lib is 90% multiplats and deal with it.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 opex07

The clue is in the forum name 'System Wars'

Not 'Console Wars'

What your trying to say it the following: 'LFD 2 is a great xbox exclusive and a great PC exclusive!'

Can you see why such a statement makes no sense and cannot be true?

You can stick any word you want before the word 'exclusive' but it still won't change the meaning of the word to your liking.

Just accept that the 360 lib is 90% multiplats and deal with it.

tenaka2

Whoa you need to calm down. I didn't refer to L4D2 as a console exclusive, nor did I claim any other game to be console exclusive in this thread.

^And what you described is an adjective, a common principle of the English language, but I'm sure you're aware of that.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 tenaka2

Whoa you need to calm down. I didn't refer to L4D2 as a console exclusive, nor did I claim any other game to be console exclusive in this thread.

opex07

Ok, in this instance I forgive you.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 opex07

[QUOTE="opex07"]

tenaka2

Ok, in this instance I forgive you.

Well you better be mad at

Joystick

Gamespot

IGN

Edge

Game Informer

Gamasutra

and pretty much most of the gaming industry.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

ThatGuyFromB4

The Cows didn't create this rule, and they aren't the only ones arguing that point. :|It's Hermits, and Multisystem gamers that keep this going.

Like they say, it's SW, not Console Wars.

Besides, Upcoming games like FINAL FANTASY 14 would are only for PS3 and PC, not to mention The Agency and DC Universe Online.

Factor in the fact that the PS2 is eliminating games as well like SINGSTAR (Various), BUZZ (Various), AA MLB08:The Show, and AAA MLB:09 The Show (There is actually more, but you get the idea I'm sure)...it hurts the Cows as well.

That's the reality, you just keep looking at it from one angle.

Imagine this sentence :

"Do Lemmings not see how pathetic it is that they need FOUR systems (PS2, PSP, PC, PS3) to counter the PS3's library?"

I didn't say that, but you can imagine how inaccurate both my sentence above and your sentence are innaccurate. You aren't alone to make that statement, so try to let others know that this rule is hurting all system's, not 360 only. Spread the Word.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 tenaka2
[QUOTE="opex07"]

Well you better be mad at

and pretty much most of the gaming industry.

Its all about context, the gaming industry use the term console-exclusive for the most part as a descriptive tool as part of an article. Here at system wars 'Console Exclusive' is used exclusively (see what I did there) by lemmings trying to justify that there system of choice has a severly limited exclusive line-up. Let me put another slant on it. If console exclusive was a ligit term then the same game on pc would become what? A PC exclusive! Imagine all those PC exclusives the PC would suddenly have! But not to worry hermits are not stupid enough to suggest such an obviously underhanded and shoddy attempt to lie about the line up on PC.
opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 opex07

Its all about context, the gaming industry use the term console-exclusive for the most part as a descriptive tool as part of an article.

-Just a few seconds ago you were getting on my case about using the word, but now its ok as long as its a "descriptive tool":?

Here at system wars 'Console Exclusive' is used exclusively (see what I did there) by lemmings trying to justify that there system of choice has a severly limited exclusive line-up.

- Its quite ironic that you would make such an argument about lemmings only using it when some one right above you mentioned several games other fanbases have used as console exclusives.

(Also the 360 leads over the other consoles in exclusives, so I dont know why you keep on making this argument about lacking exclusives)

Let me put another slant on it. If console exclusive was a ligit term then the same game on pc would become what? A PC exclusive! Imagine all those PC exclusives the PC would suddenly have! But not to worry hermits are not stupid enough to suggest such an obviously underhanded and shoddy attempt to lie about the line up on PC.

-PC's already have PC exclusives (games not avaliable on MAC).

tenaka2

above

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 tenaka2
[QUOTE="opex07"] above

Deliberate misinterpretation of someones posts is a rather underhanded debating method. Don't try to bring Apple into it nice as there are they receive very little support from the industry.
opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 opex07
[QUOTE="tenaka2"] Deliberate misinterpretation of someones posts is a rather underhanded debating method. Don't try to bring Apple into it nice as there are they receive very little support from the industry.

I had no intention of misinterpreting you, but if I did I apologize, but I'm off its getting late here.
skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#236 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

[QUOTE="skektek"]

No, its a term used by raving fanboys in a desperate attempt at ownage.

dsmccracken

Let's look at this closely. Raving. Fanboys. Desperate. Ownage. None of these words pertains to the term "console exclusive" itself as a phrase. A game that is on only one console: that's it. Simple, yet look at the extreme dramatic language you characterize it with. It seems that you are more rabid about the term than those that use it are to describe 360/PC games. What threatens you so much about "console exclusive?" It's just language, but you treat it like an ad hominem attack, and worse, you yourself resort to ad hominems in response to this innocuous jargon. It's bizarre, quite frankly...

It pertains to those who use the term incorrectly.

I made a good faith effort to explain a concept that is obvious and you still utterly failed to understand (This isn't a matter of a difference of opinion. A console exclusive is a game like Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno, or FFXIII that are on consoles but not PC. Games like GeOW 2 and L4D 1 & 2 are not console exclusives, they aren't exclusive in any way.)

You can't be educated on this topic so yeah, I am having a little fun at your expense ;)

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="opex07"]

[QUOTE="-keola-"]

-Cut-

Chaos? Let's be clear, console exclusive is thrown around alot here, and the only chaos it causes is the resulting uproar from those who don't like the term, NOT because the term creates any sort of confusion in and of itself. So no, if it were made a acceptable here by act of magic genie, I don't believe it would cause any sort of chaos whatsoever.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="opex07"]

dsmccracken

Chaos? Let's be clear, console exclusive is thrown around alot here, and the only chaos it causes is the resulting uproar from those who don't like the term, NOT because the term creates any sort of confusion in and of itself. So no, if it were made a acceptable here by act of magic genie, I don't believe it would cause any sort of chaos whatsoever.

You don't? So no 360 fanboys or PS3 fanboys would have a field day? We'd have games that are cross-platform which we'd need to now include in the spreadsheet as exclusives, on top of editing the spreadsheet to include these "Console Exclusives", then we'd still have even more debates about the validity of the term.

It would be quite hectic.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 dsmccracken
[QUOTE="skektek"]

[QUOTE="dsmccracken"][QUOTE="skektek"]

No, its a term used by raving fanboys in a desperate attempt at ownage.

Let's look at this closely. Raving. Fanboys. Desperate. Ownage. None of these words pertains to the term "console exclusive" itself as a phrase. A game that is on only one console: that's it. Simple, yet look at the extreme dramatic language you characterize it with. It seems that you are more rabid about the term than those that use it are to describe 360/PC games. What threatens you so much about "console exclusive?" It's just language, but you treat it like an ad hominem attack, and worse, you yourself resort to ad hominems in response to this innocuous jargon. It's bizarre, quite frankly...

It pertains to those who use the term incorrectly.

I made a good faith effort to explain a concept that is obvious and you still utterly failed to understand (This isn't a matter of a difference of opinion. A console exclusive is a game like Bayonetta, Dante's Inferno, or FFXIII that are on consoles but not PC. Games like GeOW 2 and L4D 1 & 2 are not console exclusives, they aren't exclusive in any way.)

You can't be educated on this topic so yeah, I am having a little fun at your expense ;)

A console exclusive is a game that is on one console, not a game that is on only consoles (all consoles simultaneously) and not the PC. I know you're playing games here, acting deliberately ignorant of the meaning, and using what you think is a literal definition of "console exclusive" as the tool to play this game. Unfortunately, even this is a failed attempt, as your attempt at pretending to be unaware of the common understanding and focusing on a literal interpretation fails to take into account the fact that there are several def'n entries for "exclusive," making it far less cut and dry than you're trying to pretend.
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 dsmccracken
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="dsmccracken"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

You don't? So no 360 fanboys or PS3 fanboys would have a field day? We'd have games that are cross-platform which we'd need to now include in the spreadsheet as exclusives, on top of editing the spreadsheet to include these "Console Exclusives", then we'd still have even more debates about the validity of the term.

That's my very point. Accepted by act of magic genie. Where we all accepted the def'n. Your only outlined points of chaos are where fanboys DON'T accept the def'n, which in case you haven't noticed is where we're at right now in this very thread ANYWAY! I was merely pointing out that if it WERE an accepted term, that it wouldn't cause any chaos BEYOND this petty debate over vocabulary. And that's all it is, a debate over vocabulary. Over language. L4D2 is on the 360. It's not on the PS3, or the Wii. It's on only one console, and if a consolite wants to play it, they need to own the 360. What language is or is not accpeted in this forum is pointless, as that's the reality on the ground. What is the big deal with allowing a simple piece of vocabulary that describes a reality that exists? Might as well ban the word "eggshell" because it irks "white" fanboys.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="dsmccracken"] Chaos? Let's be clear, console exclusive is thrown around alot here, and the only chaos it causes is the resulting uproar from those who don't like the term, NOT because the term creates any sort of confusion in and of itself. So no, if it were made a acceptable here by act of magic genie, I don't believe it would cause any sort of chaos whatsoever.dsmccracken

That's my very point. Accepted by act of magic genie. Where we all accepted the def'n. Your only outlined points of chaos are where fanboys DON'T accept the def'n, which in case you haven't noticed is where we're at right now in this very thread ANYWAY! I was merely pointing out that if it WERE an accepted term, that it wouldn't cause any chaos BEYOND this petty debate over vocabulary. And that's all it is, a debate over vocabulary. Over language. L4D2 is on the 360. It's not on the PS3, or the Wii. It's on only one console, and if a consolite wants to play it, they need to own the 360. What language is or is not accpeted in this forum is pointless, as that's the reality on the ground. What is the big deal with allowing a simple piece of vocabulary that describes a reality that exists? Might as well ban the word "eggshell" because it irks "white" fanboys.

Even if they do accept the definition, it would be chaos. There would be threads popping up about it, on top of endless debates about what counts as console exclusive, on top of then having to update all our AAAA, AAA, AA, A lists.

It shouldn't be accepted because the term exclusive here, simply means on one system (in reality it can mean belonging to the group), so in that sense it is essentially mutually exclusive, because how can it be exclusive to a platform, if it's on another? The PC is a part of System Wars, and as such cannot be ousted for a PS3-360 exclusive battle. Wii and PC are still relevant, as are the handhelds.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 dsmccracken
[QUOTE="-keola-"]

[QUOTE="dsmccracken"]

well, i guess we agree to disagree. i don't think you can disregard the PC on one argument and include it on the other.clone01
The crux of our disagreement is not my disregarding the PC in some places while not in others. It is that I disagree that I am disregarding it at all, or at least the way some would seem to mean it here: in some sort of snub, or a disingenuous attempt to accrue glory to the 360 while absurdly denying the existence of the PC. To refer to my previous analogy, a debate in an MLB forum about the Sox vs.Yanks does not "disregard" the Detroit Tigers.

I think that "graphics king" is silly, NOT because I can't see any conditions where something like graphics can be debated between consoles, but because I'm not a graphics whore and I find graphics idolatry silly in and of itself.

If someone wants to take a stab at the PS3 specifically, a better way to do it is to say something along the lines of "Here's yet another great game the PS3 doesn't get, sucks for them."If someone wants to live in their little box of denial and delusions then so be it, but it doesn't hold any weight to what is fact.

Your Sox vs Yanks analogy only works when the topic is specifically states PS3 vs 360 only because it is a set topic of discussion and it would be obnoxious for a PC gamer to come in and say something, but any fan of the Tigers or any other teams would likely jump in if the Sox or Yankees were stating incorrect facts as in the whole point of this discussion.

Also stating a game has the best graphics would either be fact or fiction not opinion, it is a fact that Crysis has the overall best texture resolutions overall most polygons and technical effects in a large open and detailed environment in comparison to other games. What I think you mean to debate as opinion would be artistic style, stating that you think a game looks better to you cause you like it's artistic style and it's more appealing to your eyes is in-fact an opinion.

Is it a delusional concept? Delusional implies exising nowhere but within one's own mind. So is "console exclusivity" something that exists only within my mind? Well, the phrase refers to a game that is on only one console (and the PC), and there are such games, so I can't see how that qualifies as delusional. As for graphics debates, Crysis has all that you say, but few here have the expertise and resources to measure the things that would separate fact from fiction, so graphics debates do usually devolve into opinion-fests. But that is not the only reason I consider them silly. There is also the fact that I don't see graphics as being that important, so it debates on what looks better is doubly pointless for me. I own a PS3. I do not own a 360. Does MGS4 look better than Gears? I don't know, and even if I did, I don't care. The fact that I own that game doesn't make me care, the fact that I don't own Gears doesn't make me care. I just think it's silly.
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 dsmccracken
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

It shouldn't be accepted because the term exclusive here, simply means on one system (in reality it can mean belonging to the group), so in that sense it is essentially mutually exclusive, because how can it be exclusive to a platform, if it's on another? The PC is a part of System Wars, and as such cannot be ousted for a PS3-360 exclusive battle. Wii and PC are still relevant, as are the handhelds.

The PC is a platform, a system. Therefore a game like Mass Effect is not exclusive. The PC is not a console, so if ME is only on the 360, it is exclusive to that console in relation to the other consoles. Just as a movie aired on NBC is "network exclusive" even though it has aired on Showtime. The PC is part of SW, but in a PS3 vs. 360 battle it is no more directly relevant than the Wii, just as the Detroit Tigers would not be directly relevant to a Sox vs. Yanks debate in a MLB forum. No one would "pretend" that the Tigers don't exist in the greater forum as an overarching body, but within that particular specific argument, they just wouldn't be directly relevant. It's not about being "ousted", it's about seeing the debate for what it is. You point out that you feel that CE would create chaos, but what about the chaos that already exists? If I were to start a thread about some new 360/PC game, and say something along the lines of "the 360 gets a new AAA", what do you think would likely happen? Note, not AAAE, just AAA. Exactly how long do you think it would take a Hermit, a Cow, or more than likely a Cow masquerading as a Hermit, to descend and remind everyone that this game is not exclusive, and is better on the PC, even though claims of exclusivity were never made to begin with. I guarantee, within 2, 3, at most 8 posts into the thread, it would happen.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]"What truth? if it was true, consoles wouldn't exist. Because according to SW, everyone owns a high end gaming rig and it only cost them 500$." So you're saying the PC version isn't superior? Cause last I checked no one said anything in that quote chain that had to do with having a high end gaming rig. PC version has more content for less price. If you have a higher end right you get better graphics too.

Your HTML is not well-formed. RAGE!

please help me, these hermits always love to get themselves in other debates lol.

this is system wars, not console wars.
dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 dsmccracken
[QUOTE="dsmccracken"] It is fine if you disagree, but tread carefully when you attempt to infer why someone does or thinks something. You have a perception of console exclusive as a term, and of those who adopt it as jargon. As such, you now infer through that lense why I feel the way I do about graphics. You infer incorrectly. Graphics King is silly (imo) because graphics debates are silly, and always descend into pointless opinion-fests. Console exclusive is not an opinion, it is a factually correct description, and is not subject to opinion.clone01
but wouldn't you agree that PC simply has superior technical specifications, which would move it out of the realm of opinion?

Correct, yet opinion always seems to hold sway anyway in such threads, making them even more silly, and add to that the fact that I don't care about graphics like some do.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

dsmccracken

The PC is a platform, a system. Therefore a game like Mass Effect is not exclusive. The PC is not a console, so if ME is only on the 360, it is exclusive to that console in relation to the other consoles. Just as a movie aired on NBC is "network exclusive" even though it has aired on Showtime. The PC is part of SW, but in a PS3 vs. 360 battle it is no more directly relevant than the Wii, just as the Detroit Tigers would not be directly relevant to a Sox vs. Yanks debate in a MLB forum. No one would "pretend" that the Tigers don't exist in the greater forum as an overarching body, but within that particular specific argument, they just wouldn't be directly relevant. It's not about being "ousted", it's about seeing the debate for what it is. You point out that you feel that CE would create chaos, but what about the chaos that already exists? If I were to start a thread about some new 360/PC game, and say something along the lines of "the 360 gets a new AAA", what do you think would likely happen? Note, not AAAE, just AAA. Exactly how long do you think it would take a Hermit, a Cow, or more than likely a Cow masquerading as a Hermit, to descend and remind everyone that this game is not exclusive, and is better on the PC, even though claims of exclusivity were never made to begin with. I guarantee, within 2, 3, at most 8 posts into the thread, it would happen.

If we have console exclusives though, we are making that 360-PS3 battle a large part of System Wars, outside of the threads. When in fact this is System Wars and all systems are included. By doing it the PC is being ostracized from System Wars when it realistically belongs here, and exists alongside consoles.

Anyways, it's doubtful we'll agree on this. So we'll agree to disagree :P

This is obviously never going to be resolved though.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

This debate never ends in SW. Nevertheless, its still a game on 360 thats not on PS3, thus increasing the quality of the 360 library. this is fact and is good enough reason to not only look at "exclusives" to determine the quality of a system.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
If this game scores less than a nine I can guarantee that this console exclusive argument will be forgotten as quickly as most other things on this forum. And no it isn't exclusive to any platform its available on more than one.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

[QUOTE="PrimusGears"]

this debate drives me batty tho lol

then perhaps you should stop frequenting system wars.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 lundy86_4

This debate never ends in SW. Nevertheless, its still a game on 360 thats not on PS3, thus increasing the quality of the 360 library. this is fact and is good enough reason to not only look at "exclusives" to determine the quality of a system.

h575309

Exactly. Why does it need to be exclusive? The fact remains multiplats are just as good as exclusives, if not, some are even better.

It's just a stupid attachment we need to have.