Uncharted 4 sells 2.7 million copies in first week, its over.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@quadknight said:

@Douevenlift_bro: He's definitely someone's alt.

He better not be NyaDC. I don't think I could handle anymore of my personalities floating around without my knowledge :S

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 Jereb31

@jereb31 said:
@casharmy said:
@jereb31 said:

Wow, just wow.

PC has a high volume sales game so x-box can also have a high volume sales game and you consider pigs can fly because birds can as a decent comparison to that logic.Call MENSA, we have applicant in our midst.

He kind of summed it up in his first reply to you didn't he?

"1) Starcraft 2 LoTV released last year.

2)I know Diablo 3 is last gen, I'm just trying to show that these numbers whilst they are good, aren't that big in comparison other top sellers. If you want current gen, Diablo 3 reaper of souls also sold 2.7m in its first week on PC alone, but it's not used to say PC is superior."

Not sure where you got lost, but oh well.

Also,

Halo 5 sold more in the first week than Uncharted 4 didn't it?? Wasn't that the original question posed by the TC? Let's check.

"That brings Uncharted 4's total tally to $162 million dollars in just under one week of sales."

Yep, what else is in there.

"Has any PC / WiiU / XBone exclusive game come close to these numbers this generation?"

Uh, huh, why yes, Halo 5 sold more in the first week. Don't really care about NDP at this point.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/

There's that link again for you.

Feel free to point out that my query is now comparable to assertions like, fish can swim in space, the earth is actually flat and horses speak secret Latin.

"Halo 5 sold more in the first week than Uncharted 4 didn't it??"

I don't know, why don't you give me Halo 5 sales figures and then we can discuss it, you seem to have the inside scoop...lol!

And that 400 million in sales, do you think that's what Halo 5 game sales actually represent?

The fact is you have no idea what Halo 5 actually sold lol that number doesn't represent halo 5 game sales genius, that's Halo 5 plus hardware ect.

FROM YOUR LINK:

@jereb31 said:

"...Halo 5: Guardians generated more than $400 million in global sales during its first week, meaning the Xbox One game is now the "biggest Halo launch" of all time. The figure includes sales of games and hardware...

...A specific unit sales number for Halo 5 was not announced."

Reading is fundamental...you should try it before proudly posting links to sources of info that actually doesn't support your argument lol....That was actually in the FIRST paragraph!

Way to go all in on your passionate xbone defense using PC and any other random info you could string together to try to make a case here but it doesn't even seem like you know what you're saying anymore.

But if you want to post those Halo 5 figures that you have the inside track on, feel free to post it and we can continue this interesting conversation about pigs, xbone and how hardware + game profits = game sales :P

Cool story bro, $400M > $162M. Even with hardware in there it seems pretty likely Halo outsold Uncharted 4 in the first week. And no of course I don't have exact sales figures.

Keep up the good work Casharmy, stay classy :D

Here you go Casharmy, not sure on the accuracy of the source but it's the best i've got.

Halo 5, first week sales *drum roll* 1.5M. That would put it well short of Uncharted 4 for first week sales.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/82148/halo-5-guardians/Global/

Always fun when the evidence proves a hunch wrong. Oh well.

On the flipside, the other Halo's did a lot better in there first weeks O_o.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rumor-halo-5-guardians-sold-1-46-million-units-in-its-first-week/

And the world keeps spinning hahaha.

Now to see if I can find more info on Legacy of the void.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 panda30
Member since 2016 • 941 Posts

@jereb31 said:
@casharmy said:
@jereb31 said:

Wow, just wow.

PC has a high volume sales game so x-box can also have a high volume sales game and you consider pigs can fly because birds can as a decent comparison to that logic.Call MENSA, we have applicant in our midst.

He kind of summed it up in his first reply to you didn't he?

"1) Starcraft 2 LoTV released last year.

2)I know Diablo 3 is last gen, I'm just trying to show that these numbers whilst they are good, aren't that big in comparison other top sellers. If you want current gen, Diablo 3 reaper of souls also sold 2.7m in its first week on PC alone, but it's not used to say PC is superior."

Not sure where you got lost, but oh well.

Also,

Halo 5 sold more in the first week than Uncharted 4 didn't it?? Wasn't that the original question posed by the TC? Let's check.

"That brings Uncharted 4's total tally to $162 million dollars in just under one week of sales."

Yep, what else is in there.

"Has any PC / WiiU / XBone exclusive game come close to these numbers this generation?"

Uh, huh, why yes, Halo 5 sold more in the first week. Don't really care about NDP at this point.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/

There's that link again for you.

Feel free to point out that my query is now comparable to assertions like, fish can swim in space, the earth is actually flat and horses speak secret Latin.

I don't know, why don't you give me Halo 5 sales figures and then we can discuss it, you seem to have the inside scoop...lol!

And that 400 million in sales, do you think that's what Halo 5 game sales actually represent?

The fact is you have no idea what Halo 5 actually sold lol that number doesn't represent halo 5 game sales genius, that's Halo 5 plus hardware ect.

FROM YOUR LINK:

@jereb31 said:

"...Halo 5: Guardians generated more than $400 million in global sales during its first week, meaning the Xbox One game is now the "biggest Halo launch" of all time. The figure includes sales of games and hardware...

Reading is fundamental...you should try it before proudly posting links to sources of info that actually doesn't support your argument lol....That was actually in the FIRST paragraph!

Way to go all in on your passionate xbone defense using PC and any other random info you could string together to try to make a case here but it doesn't even seem like you know what you're saying anymore.

But if you want to post those Halo 5 figures that you have the inside track on, feel free to post it and we can continue this interesting conversation about pigs, xbone and how hardware + game profits = game sales :P

Cool story bro, $400M > $162M. Even with hardware in there it seems pretty likely Halo outsold Uncharted 4 in the first week. And no of course I don't have exact sales figures.

even if all the halo5 consol bunble sold (witch is extremly unlikely ) the consols was limited edition so that hardwere was berly anithing so most of the $400 was on games

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 panda30

@jereb31 said:
@quadknight said:

He better not be NyaDC. I don't think I could handle anymore of my personalities floating around without my knowledge :S

who ever NyaDC was he did a number on you people every day I see people paranoid of new users thinking maybe its his alt

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#305 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Wow, 7 pages.

Lems reduced to still using Halo.

Didn't MS release a game this year?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#306 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Wow, 7 pages.

Lems reduced to still using Halo.

Didn't MS release a game this year?

Quantum Break flopped so what else are they going to do?^^

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@panda30: are you spelling like that on purpose?

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 panda30

@quadknight said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@quadknight said:

So you're arguing that getting critical acclaim (most likely going to sweep GOTY awards) and selling the highest number of units for any console exclusive game this gen isn't winning?

Wow, and I though sheep were better than lems.

I find it funny you think I'm a sheep.

I'm merely pointing out your criteria for "winning" is flawed. The PS2... now there was a console that won quite early.

It's winning and you're a butthurt sheep. The PS4 is winning this gen quite easily.

It's funny you mention the PS2 when the PS4 is selling at an even faster rate than it was.

Funny how 1 game 10 out of 10 makes you go

when ps2 had 10/10 left and rigth

and 2.7 mill exite you

yet ps2 games sold 10mill plus

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#309 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@panda30 said:
@jereb31 said:
@quadknight said:

who ever NyaDC was he did a number on you people every day I see people paranoid of new users thinking maybe its his alt

Yup, you're an alt for sure.

Only a lem would read what ppl have said about Nyadc and still say he did a number on anyone.

I personally think you're uninspiredcup's alt.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@panda30 said:
@quadknight said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@quadknight said:

So you're arguing that getting critical acclaim (most likely going to sweep GOTY awards) and selling the highest number of units for any console exclusive game this gen isn't winning?

Wow, and I though sheep were better than lems.

I find it funny you think I'm a sheep.

I'm merely pointing out your criteria for "winning" is flawed. The PS2... now there was a console that won quite early.

It's winning and you're a butthurt sheep. The PS4 is winning this gen quite easily.

It's funny you mention the PS2 when the PS4 is selling at an even faster rate than it was.

Funny how 1 game 10 out of 10 makes you go

when ps2 had 10/10 left and rigth

and 2.7 mill exite you

yet ps2 games sold 10mill plus

wat

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#311 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@panda30 said:
@jereb31 said:
@quadknight said:

Yup, you're an alt for sure.

Only a lem would read what ppl have said about Nyadc and still say he did a number on anyone.

I personally think you're uninspiredcup's alt.

Nah, it's Nya.

Only he can compliment himself like that.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#312  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Holy crap the cows are raging. They've brought out alts of alts. That's deep.

UC4 rocks. Sales Rock. Boom

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95: Did you look into those games, every game I listed is quality. I just imagine some of those games are too under your radar where you didn't check them out.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Zergforlife
Member since 2016 • 467 Posts

Hyperbole slowly killing the cows. You shouldn't have said king in a sales thread when there are higher selling exclusives this gen...

I mean you should have learned in the gfx king thread when Digital Foundry shot you down.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@speak_low: You hit the nail on the head. Sheep and lems on SW are totally delusional this gen. Sony's success this gen really did a number on them.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

@putaspongeon said:

@DragonfireXZ95: Did you look into those games, every game I listed is quality. I just imagine some of those games are too under your radar where you didn't check them out.

Yeah, I looked most of them up. A lot of JPRGs which don't appeal to me, and then a couple of open world games which look ok, but would ultimately become boring in a few hours, and then a few with no gameplay footage.

I got plenty of games on my plate, so I'm good. Thanks for looking out for me.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Mr_Huggles_dog

@kvally said:

In case youre being sarcastic since there's talks of lem alts....we get it.

Your critique on this forum is to be sarcastic. A wealthy contribution indeed.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 QuadKnight

@mr_huggles_dog: He's a lem alt pretending to be a manticore.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Mr_Huggles_dog

@quadknight said:

@mr_huggles_dog: He's a lem alt pretending to be a manticore.

He/she was/is too critical of this place too fast to be new.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@panda30 said:
@casharmy said:

LMAO.....are you even serious right now?

You need to take about 10 steps back and try this again...what has Halo 5 sold up to this point?

lol

When you get back to me with a link of confirmed numbers (you won't) we can start to talk past your imaginary estimations and empty boast about what you think Halo 5 has sold compared to whatever UC4 is selling.

halo have always outsold uncharted in a 5:1 ratio if you ask me to prove that then you're in denial it's common knowledge in fact halo3 alone out sold UC1 UC2 UC3 combine sells

So....couldn't find that link in the black whole of information on the internet huh?

It's ok little guy, you tried!

Your speculation officially amounts to nothing here, but keep searching, the truth is out there! The fact that Halo 5 couldn't maintain a spot in the top 5 on NDP after only 4 days on the chart isn't a good sign for your argument here but hey, no one said you can't believe! lol

But you keep searching for those, better than Uncharted 4, Halo 5 numbers you think exists, maybe one day you'll have something other than wishful thinking to support your claim....

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By casharmy

@jereb31 said:
@casharmy said:

FROM YOUR LINK:

@jereb31 said:

I can't do anything about someone's willful ignorance.

You tried to post a link to support your argument about Halo 5 "sales" full stop! I used that same link gave to show you that the revenue that was being quoted did NOT directly come from Halo 5 sales. FACTS

lol and now we have you showing your "class" by acting silly with a "Cool story bro" tag line...haha. There is no "story" here bud, just the facts I pointed from your link which proves you didn't read or don't understand the information you were posting thinking it actually supported your argument and your response was.....

I guess that's why most xbox fanboys don't even bother to trying to argue with facts and logic because this is always the end result.

I don't know if you're a xbox fanboy or not but you sure make a good impersonation of one with your epic breakdown and outright omission of facts you're presented with...facts that I pulled from the same source of information you tried to give me to support your argument lol.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Jereb31

@casharmy said:
@jereb31 said:
@casharmy said:

FROM YOUR LINK:

@jereb31 said:

You tried to post a link to support your argument about Halo 5 "sales" full stop! I used that same link gave to show you that the revenue that was being quoted did NOT directly come from Halo 5 sales.

lol and now we have you showing your "class" by acting silly with a "Cool story bro" tag line...haha. There is no "story" here bud, just the facts I pointed from your link which proves you didn't read or understand the information you were posting thinking it actually supported you argument and your response was.....

I guess that's why most xbox fanboys don't even bother to trying to argue with facts and logic because this is always the end result.

I don't know if you're a xbox fanboy or not but you sure make a good impersonation of one with your epic breakdown and outright omission of facts you're presented with...facts that I pulled from the same source of information you tried to give me to support your argument lol.

Not sure if you are trying to act clever or just be a tool, but if you read a little further you'll probably see the post where I found some actual sales figures for Halo 5.

According to those, yes Uncharted 4 did better than Halo 5.

Gracious in victory as in defeat aye Casharmy.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By casharmy

@jereb31 said:

Not sure if you are trying to act clever or just be a tool, but if you read a little further you'll probably see the post where I found some actual sales figures for Halo 5.

According to those, yes Uncharted 4 did better than Halo 5.

Gracious in victory as in defeat aye Casharmy.

I responded to last page first then saw posts on this page.

+1 for being man enough to admit you were off after all that you put into the argument. You were pretty cheeky too with your previous reply to me too, so it was a give and take interaction on both ends. I hold no grunges, hope you don't either.

I hold no special love for sales, but people were making arguments that were based on speculation and or was out right false so I interjected. Halo beat UC in overall sales last gen, it's a fact so I'd never argue the point or damage control it. I have no problem dealing with facts.

This gen, however, xbox top franchises are selling no where near the numbers they did last gen and UC4 just crushed all it's top sellers. It's likely to sell a lot more as a single player focused game like UC isn't as dependent on early adoption numbers as a multiplayer focused one like halo is, people need to accept it.

Our interaction wasn't the worst I've had on here. Hope we both gained something from this debate and are better able to engage in fruitful discussions in the future.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By kvally

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@kvally said:

In case youre being sarcastic since there's talks of lem alts....we get it.

Your critique on this forum is to be sarcastic. A wealthy contribution indeed.

I am indeed known for my sarcasm. But I am serious. The cows and lems keep going at each others throats with rage after all these pages. It's great reading material. The funny thing is, while many of us are playing the game at home, many here don't even have the game and they are talking it up or talking it down....either way, getting in a defensive rage.

Just enjoy the game! That is what I am doing, as are many others.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By Jereb31

@casharmy said:
@jereb31 said:
@casharmy said:

FROM YOUR LINK:

@jereb31 said:

You tried to post a link to support your argument about Halo 5 "sales" full stop! I used that same link gave to show you that the revenue that was being quoted did NOT directly come from Halo 5 sales. FACTS

lol and now we have you showing your "class" by acting silly with a "Cool story bro" tag line...haha. There is no "story" here bud, just the facts I pointed from your link which proves you didn't read or don't understand the information you were posting thinking it actually supported your argument and your response was.....

Not that I don't like some good memes but i'll just take them out for the sake of keeping the post a bit simpler.

When presented with evidence that Uncharted sold $163M in units direct to customers, not adultered with hardware. I thought, hmm that seems like a lot but I wonder if there was anything with higher figures.

A few people mentioned Legacy of the void sold $1M on the first day so that seemed like a candidate. Though a bit of a stretch to reach 2.7 million copies. I still can't find a first weeks sales so I'm left speculating.

Though when someone pointed out Halo 5 sold $400M in the first week, that seemed like something that was likely to out do Uncharted 4. For the record Casharmy, I made mention of the hardware in my post. You know the one you replied to with "class" with the A Few Good Men and Dumb and Dumber memes (way to counter class with class by the way).

"Cool story bro, $400M > $162M. Even with hardware in there it seems pretty likely Halo outsold Uncharted 4 in the first week. And no of course I don't have exact sales figures."

(Should note the irony of saying I didn't read my own link, when it looks like you didn't even read my post XD)

There it is :D, my thoughts on the matter went like this. For Halo 5 to have a higher sale value than Uncharted 4, that means it really only needs >$162M and the rest could be hardware. That's $238M in hardware, a bit over half. It seemed likely to me at the time. Which is also why I used this in my response.

"it seems pretty likely"

Of course then I went and found some VGchartz data which appears to have blown that out of the water, but rather than hide that info, I posted it pretty much straight away.

I might have been a bit hasty in my first response saying Halo 5 outsold Uncharted, but at least I keep looking for evidence rather than just try and make you feel bad.

Ahhhhh, back to work I suppose. Enjoy.

ItsBriskBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By ItsBriskBaby
Member since 2007 • 1748 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95: Bloodborne is a great game, I love it.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 kvally

@jereb31 said:
@casharmy said:
@jereb31 said:
@casharmy said:

FROM YOUR LINK:

@jereb31 said:

Not that I don't like some good memes but i'll just take them out for the sake of keeping the post a bit simpler.

When presented with evidence that Uncharted sold $163M in units direct to customers, not adultered with hardware. I thought, hmm that seems like a lot but I wonder if there was anything with higher figures.

A few people mentioned Legacy of the void sold $1M on the first day so that seemed like a candidate. Though a bit of a stretch to reach 2.7 million copies. I still can't find a first weeks sales so I'm left speculating.

Though when someone pointed out Halo 5 sold $400M in the first week, that seemed like something that was likely to out do Uncharted 4. For the record Casharmy, I made mention of the hardware in my post. You know the one you replied to with "class" with the A Few Good Men and Dumb and Dumber memes (way to counter class with class by the way).

"Cool story bro, $400M > $162M. Even with hardware in there it seems pretty likely Halo outsold Uncharted 4 in the first week. And no of course I don't have exact sales figures."

(Should note the irony of saying I didn't read my own link, when it looks like you didn't even read my post XD)

There it is :D, my thoughts on the matter went like this. For Halo 5 to have a higher sale value than Uncharted 4, that means it really only needs >$162M and the rest could be hardware. That's $238M in hardware, o a bit over half. It seemed likely to me at the time. Which is also why I used this in my response.

"it seems pretty likely"

Of course then I went and found some VGchartz data which appears to have blown that out of the water, but rather than hide that info, I posted it pretty much straight away.

I might have been a bit hasty in my first response saying Halo 5 outsold Uncharted, but at least I keep looking for evidence rather than just try and make you feel bad.

Ahhhhh, back to work I suppose. Enjoy.

Nobody has the Halo 5 first week sales other than Microsoft. They haven't reported those sales.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 casharmy

@jereb31:

I don't feel bad about anything ^ check my previous reply!

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 Jereb31

@kvally: Yeah, probably why i'm having so much trouble finding an accurate source.

Not sure on VGchartz to be honest. But it's something.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 Jereb31

@casharmy: Cool, i'm not trying to be douche, though I probably come across as one at times.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#332 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@quadknight: Yep, salt. With a system that I own, and is my most used console this gen... As well as one of my favourite franchises.

Please, stop quoting people and trying to spin their comments to suit your lame agenda. It's sad.

The point is you are actually a well known herm who has been nothing but hostile to the PS4 doing so well this generation. This console is taking the world by storm and it bugs you. Anything that threatens PC getting great exclusives away not on PC has blinded you with rage. The PS4 is the next PS2 Imo. Last gen japan europe everyone loved 360, the ps3 did not dominate. PS4 is doing what the PS2 did and exceeding and it scares PC owners. Back when the ps2 was out i was playing crap tons more on my ps2 then my PC and that scares herms at the end of the day. Were already seeing slop ports like Arkham Knight being broken on PC and if the ps4 continues to do well People might skip out on PC like we're seeing some games. This hurts you and your expensive pc and graphics card. That is just a fact even if you own both it makes your PC less useful if the ps4 continues to dominate multiplats like Arkham Knight. That's just how it is you need to stop just stop.

Well known Herm? I've gamed longer on consoles than I have on PC. Try again dipshit.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 kvally

@jereb31 said:

@kvally: Yeah, probably why i'm having so much trouble finding an accurate source.

VGChartz has ZERO idea how many Halo 5 games sold.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

This gen is over because an exclusive sold 2.7 million in a week?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By QuadKnight

@kvally said:
@jereb31 said:

Still better than going on lemmings' wishful dreams that it sold $400 million worth of copies. If that were the case it wouldn't fall off NPD so quickly.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95: That's nice. I don't get any other system because every game I want is on PS4.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 kvally

@quadknight said:
@kvally said:
@jereb31 said:

Still better than going on lemmings' wishful dreams that it sold $400 million worth of copies. If that were the case it wouldn't fall off NPD so quickly.

Or better yet, better than going on cows guesses or fake stat sites like VGChartz. Fact remains, nobody has the sales figures and it is still the best selling exclusive game on any console this gen. Did you know that Halo 5 was reported outselling Dark Souls 3 and Battleborn last week? Halo 5 just keeps sticking up high on the charts, no surprise.

Great news for gamers....awwwww yeahhhhhhhh

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By casharmy

@kvally said:
@jereb31 said:

So back at ground zero that? lol ok.

To be fair VG is probably in the ballpark. They usually are not too far off.

MS sure as hell isn't a good source with their market speak PR people beating around every bush they can find expect the one that would give us an actual indication of the real game sales.

This was Bloodborne after it's first week and a half of release.(March 24 2015)

Bloodborne Sales Top 1 Million Units Worldwide - News

The PlayStation 4 exclusive has sold more than one million units worldwide as of April 5, publisher Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio and developer From Software announced today. The figure includes both retail and digital sales.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/258720/bloodborne-sales-top-1-million-units-worldwide/

They use all relevant info to pull the closes numbers possible. FYI total Bloodborne sales total 2.17 million as of last month according to VG. Not bad for once a niche franchise :)

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Sales. Yay.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 kvally

@casharmy said:
@kvally said:
@jereb31 said:

MS sure as hell isn't a good source with their market speak PR people beating around every bush they can find expect the one that would give us an actual indication of the real game sales.

The PlayStation 4 exclusive has sold more than one million units worldwide as of April 5, publisher Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio and developer From Software announced today. The figure includes both retail and digital sales.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/258720/bloodborne-sales-top-1-million-units-worldwide/

They use all relevant info to pull the closes numbers possible. FYI total Bloodborne sales total 2.17 million as of last month according to VG. Not bad for once a niche franchise :)

They usually are not in the ballpark. We shred them over at Neogaf because their numbers are always way off until they get official updated figures from the publishers. They are embarrassingly bad.

avenger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By avenger85
Member since 2015 • 304 Posts

Didn't legacy of the void sell 1million on launch day alone?

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 casharmy

@kvally said:
@casharmy said:

They usually are not in the ballpark. We shred them over at Neogaf because their numbers are always way off until they get official updated figures from the publishers. They are embarrassingly bad.

They seem to be pretty spot on with the other Halo games.

MS also hid behind hardware revenue sales instead of just giving revenue sales for Halo 5. Even if they didn't want to give Halo 5 numbers they would have given an indication of the actually game sales but no they wouldn't do that..

looking up any information I can find on Halo sales the only thing I get is MS now wanting to release numbers because they look bad to investors or the VGChartz numbers which we show which aren't disputed by any other sources.

For all it's worth here is another word on Halo 5 sales...

Is Halo 5 Really a Blockbuster? It's Hard to Tell

A press release trumpeting the game's success included such impressive-sounding achievements as $400 million in global sales and a Guinness World record for “most watched video game launch broadcast.” On Monday, the video game retail chain GameStop had a different take. It said the Halo 5 launch had been a disappointment, naming it along with Star Wars: Battlefront and Assassin's Creed Syndicate as the splashy games that had fallen short of expectations so far this fall.

GameStop dominates in-store sales of video games, so it’s odd that Microsoft would describe a game as a success at the same time that the chain called it a disappointment. The diverging accounts of Halo's performance are a reminder of the difficulty of determining how well a video game launch actually went. Companies say what forwards their agenda, and not much more...

...Microsoft put a lot of pressure on itself to deliver a huge success with Halo 5. By reporting $400 million in sales, it succeeds in having a big number in the press. Even that number actually wasn't as big as the $500 million in sales that Activision claimed for the new Call of Duty in its first 72 hours, but it did allow Microsoft to claim that Halo 5 was the biggest Halo launch ever. Halo 3, launched in 2007, grossed $300 million in its first week of sales, and Halo 4 surpassed that level in its first week, although Microsoft never said by how much.

But it's not clear that Microsoft is comparing oranges to oranges in its statements. The most recent figures include not only Halo 5 discs and downloads, but also sales of Xbox One consoles that were bundled with Halo games. Given that the consoles cost over five times as much as the games, this could distort the figures significantly. Microsoft didn't mention console sales for previous launches,,,

The information Microsoft did put out suggests that Halo 5's launch wasn't as successful as the headline of its press release....GameStop isn't the only place that sells video games, of course,but it is the one that matters mostand, as a result, is a pretty good bellwether for how any one game is doing.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-23/is-halo-5-really-a-blockbuster-it-s-hard-to-tell

Not a number, but take it for what it is as far as information goes...nothing here to support Halo 5 selling as well as it was hyped and certainly not better than UC4 which isn't leaning on hardware sales to boost the perceived number of sales.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@casharmy: It's probably in the realm of 5 million sold, I don't see that as being some crazy figure, that's about what TMCC sold.

Also, don't do sales talk between two different platforms without factoring in user base size and attachment rates, excluding that information is disingenuous.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Sold better than Failo 5 as expected.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@panda30 said:

We only get very few people with the level of stupidity you have,bX4,Nyadc and dinamitecop and all 3 are the same person so you see NyaDC is your level of stupidity and denial what give you away..

Halo 5 sold like shit compare to other halo games,and was outsold on launch by Uncharted 4 without problems,400 millions was sold to retailers not stores,and included every single Halo crap shipped,from controllers to $500 bundles were accounted.

In reality it sold 900K in US which is MS biggest territory by far and like half a million more outside US.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

@casharmy: It's probably in the realm of 5 million sold, I don't see that as being some crazy figure, that's about what TMCC sold.

Also, don't do sales talk between two different platforms without factoring in user base size and attachment rates, excluding that information is disingenuous.

NO unless you have a link claiming other wise.

B_rich84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#349  Edited By B_rich84
Member since 2013 • 367 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

That brings Uncharted 4's total tally to $162 million dollars in just under one week of sales. (Most blockbuster movies don't even make this kind of pocket change)

Is this generation's war finally over? Have the other companies giving up on achieving top level exclusives to match the PS4's Uncharted 4?

Has any PC / WiiU / XBone exclusive game come close to these numbers this generation?

Were already almost 3 years into this generation and I still don't see anything on the horizon for any other systems to have killer app potential to match uncharted 4's sales numbers.

The People have spoken they bought a PS4, they bought Uncharted 4. we can't argue with them. It's over.

You can't argue with gamers. They bought an atari 2600 for pitfall, they bought NES for mario 1, they bought ps4 for uncharted 4. As for the Xbox One , WiiU, and PC they need to step it up, or get out of the ps4's way.

Anything Blizz has released on PC has outsold those numbers. So this generation Starcraft, Diablo 3 (was out years before console), Hearthstone (downloaded but pulls in 50mil a month), and now Overwatch. All those sold millions in ONE day.

Also PC is doing fine. It might not be exclusive but The Witcher 3 sold over 2 million on PC in week 1.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By casharmy

@tormentos said:
@dynamitecop said:

NO unless you have a link claiming other wise.

the latest and only link we have to any Halo 5 numbers as of April 30 2016

Total Units

North America:2.42m62.3%
+ Europe:1.08m27.9%
+ Japan:0.02m0.6%
+ Rest of the World:0.36m9.2%
= Global3.88m

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/82148/halo-5-guardians/

Seems about right and pretty good figures considering Gamestops announcement that Halo 5 sales were a disappointment at launch.

Is Halo 5 Really a Blockbuster? It's Hard to Tell

"...On Monday, the video game retail chain GameStop had a different take. It said the Halo 5 launch had been a disappointment...

GameStop dominates in-store sales of video games, so it’s odd that Microsoft would describe a game as a success at the same time that the chain called it a disappointment...

...The information Microsoft did put out suggests that Halo 5's launch wasn't as successful as the headline of its press release....

...GameStop isn't the only place that sells video games, of course,but it is the one that matters most and, as a result, is a pretty good bellwether for how any one game is doing.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-23/is-halo-5-really-a-blockbuster-it-s-hard-to-tell