Uncharted 4 sells 2.7 million copies in first week, its over.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

@loe12k said:

xbox has lot of indie games, 360 games, and third party and first party. PS4 might have more indie titles, i don't think it has more first party games. xbox one is a solid console if you want free games, the 4 games a month end of the day will pay off in the end.

If MS came out with a more powerful console next year it would be interesting watch to see if the casuals stayed loyal to Sony?

Here's the dealio

There's four possible scenarios for any gen:

Sony fucks up, MS does very well

MS fucks up, Sony does very well

MS fucks up, Sony fucks up

Sony does very well, MS does very well

In one of these situations, MS almost ties. In every other situation, MS get their ass handed to them. MS simply has no global appeal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

@casharmy said:
@phantomfire335 said:

Starcraft 2: LOTV Sold 1 million in a day. Diablo 3 sold about 3 million in its first day. Chill, the gen's not "over".

Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2...released last generation!

"the gen's not "over"

lol that's fine, but reaching back to past generation games to try to prove that point isn't exactly a winning strategy against a current gen exclusive game like UC4.

1) Starcraft 2 LoTV released last year.

2)I know Diablo 3 is last gen, I'm just trying to show that these numbers whilst they are good, aren't that big in comparison other top sellers. If you want current gen, Diablo 3 reaper of souls also sold 2.7m in its first week on PC alone, but it's not used to say PC is superior.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20159 Posts

@quadknight said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@quadknight said:

Butthurt about sales? Bayonetta 2 scored well and is an amazing game but it didn't exactly light the charts on fire.

No butthurt here. Just being realistic. And selling lots of copies isn't an achievement. Lots of people buying something doesn't necessarily make it good. That would be an argument from popularity.

Well, good thing UC4 isn't only relying on sales, eh....

Looks like it not only sells really well, a lot of people love it too judging by its stellar reviews. I fail to see your argument.

Had to put this

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 Zergforlife
Member since 2016 • 467 Posts

@soul_starter said:
@GarGx1 said:
@zergforlife said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@phantomfire335 said:

Starcraft 2: LOTV Sold 1 million in a day. Diablo 3 sold about 3 million in its first day. Chill, the gen's not "over".

Yeah but diablo 3 came to all platforms , I don't think uncharted 4 is gonna be jumping around its not even on ps3. It's a true killer app like gaming used to be.

Legacy of the Void and Warlords probably have more sales than UC4. Both are exclusive.

It certainly sold over a million in the first day

Those are expansions are they not? And they are at a much cheaper price point.

They were $50, and have more content than most games.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11678 Posts

@spicymeatball27: those are shipped numbers.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

Yep, the game deserves its success.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@loe12k said:
@fedor said:

@loe12k: So you expected it to be the fastest selling exclusive game of all time?

PS4 has 40 million users

Xbox one 20 million.

This is only like 1.35 million sales on xbox one , its a poor show for a game talked about so much on forums.

How come Forza 6 wasn't able to chart ANYWHERE in the top 10 NDP the month it came out?

How come Halo 5 couldn't even hold a top 5 spot on NDP even 4 days after it released?

You're making a lot of excuses when it comes to PS4 and it's users, but if xbone has 20million users and you expect UC4 to sell 4 to 5 million in it's first week then you must equally expect something like Halo and Forza to sell 2 to 4 million in their first week..but charts show they weren't close to that.

Forza couldn't chart at all upon release and Halo, tho releasing at no 1 NDP.

Software

1. Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One)
  2. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  3. Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate (PS4, Xbox One)
  4. Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  5. WWE 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  6. FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  7. Destiny: The Taken King (PS4, Xbox ONe, 360, PS3)
  8. Yoshi’s Wooly World (Wii U)
  9. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)
  10. Rock Band 4 (Xbox One, PS4)

http://venturebeat.com/2015/11/12/october-2015-npd-halo-5-leads-gaming-to-805m-october/

.... completely fell off the charts after only a 4 day span of glory getting beat by Madden and NBA 2k rehashes

Software

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
  2. Fallout 4 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
  3. Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
  4. Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  5. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  6. FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  7. Need For Speed (PS4, Xbox One)
  8. Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One)
  9. Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
  10. Just Dance 2016 (Wii, Wii U, 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)

http://venturebeat.com/2015/12/10/november-npd-cod-beats-fallout/

After 4 days out on the market Halo 5, MS biggest game franchise, couldn't even beat Need for Spreed on NDP. That's pathetic. I basically shows that halo had 0 staying power and even with that 20 million fanbase Halo wouldn't have even been in the top 5 if it has to compete for longer than a few days near the end of the month.

People can make excuses, but Halo was getting beat out by yearly rehash franchises over a brand new Halo IP in less than a week after launch...even MLB:The show presents stronger staying power that so the excuses are becoming pretty lame at this point.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@loe12k said:
@SolidTy said:
@loe12k said:
@foxhound_fox said:

More excuses. You can't conclude the PS4 has won until the PS5 and/or the Xbox Two comes out.

PS4 was bought by 20 million more people so far. How the hell are they going to close that gap with the xbox one with third party games have been performing worse in tests? Casual are aware the PS4 has the better multiplats the ship has sailed. The xbox one is good console if you ignore those issues, but most gamers today want the more powerful console. MS needs a more powerful xbox if its looking to increase the userbase for xbox live.

Plus, the game library has been steadily growing on the PS4 over the Xbone where now the PS4 had hundreds more games, so casuals are also noticing more games to buy on one platform over the other as well.

xbox has lot of indie games, 360 games, and third party and first party. PS4 might have more indie titles, but i don't think it has more first party games. xbox one is a solid console if you want free games, the 4 games a month end of the day will pay off in the end.

If MS came out with a more powerful console next year it would be interesting watch to see if the casuals stayed loyal to Sony?

I never said Xbox didn't have a lot of games, I have had my Xbone since launch 2013 and it does have "a lot of games". However, the PS4 has hundreds more games than Xbone. Consumers notice, as they did in prior generations which machines has more games and buy the machine with the greatest offerings. PS4 has far more indie and digital titles, yes, but it also has more retail titles for casuals to buy at stores as well. I never brought up 1st party games, but since you brought it up, there are more 1st party PS4 games released on PS4.

Xbone does offer GWG if you subscribe to Xbox Live as competition to PS+ game offerings with a PS+ sub, it's true, but that's not related to anything I was talking about.

My point is simply the game library. There are hundreds more games for casuals to buy on PS4 than on Xbone, and that library gap has only been increasing in the PS4s favor. More games is one of the big reasons the PS4 is selling so well (other factors of course, including the better multiplats).

Quite simply, the PS4 gets better multiplats and more multiplats than the Xbone, which has resulted in the library gap between the two 2013 released machines to only widen as the PS4 has hundreds more quality games for consumers to purchase. Then you should consider factoring in that the Playstation 1st party is much larger than the Xbox 1st party which is proven every generation looking at the 1st party releases on PS2/Xbox 1 OG to PS3/360, and already this gens PS4/Xbone 1st party output. That said, the 1st party output being greater on Playstation is not the big reason for the library gap, it's the 3rd party support which PS has more of which is the main reason there are hundreds of more games on PS4 than on Xbone.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@quadknight said:
@GarGx1 said:

Not bad at all, still falls short of Diablo III's 3.5 million in the first day and 6.5 Million in the first week.

Wasn't Halo 5 over 3 million in the first week as well?

lolno.

I really have no idea of the sales numbers, hence the question mark, other than it was announced as making over $400 million in the first week

Yep,

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/

Good memory their GarGx1. i was going to say GTAV but I think I might get molested for using a non-exclusive.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Jereb31

@Heil68 said:

Well when you score 10/10 AAAAE Essential game, people take notice.

Hey, that's a comment I can agree with :D

Great game, deserves great sales. Pity it probably won't go multiplat though. Maybe in like 3-4 years they do a port.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Jereb31

@zergforlife said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@phantomfire335 said:

Yeah but diablo 3 came to all platforms , I don't think uncharted 4 is gonna be jumping around its not even on ps3. It's a true killer app like gaming used to be.

Legacy of the Void and Warlords probably have more sales than UC4. Both are exclusive. And there are probably countless games that have more total/overall sales than what UC4 will end up with in a few months, as PC sales are over time rather than front loaded.

Apparently tetris on mobiles have 400 million sales. Why the hell is that game so addictive!!

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#162 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@zergforlife said:
@soul_starter said:
@GarGx1 said:
@zergforlife said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Legacy of the Void and Warlords probably have more sales than UC4. Both are exclusive.

It certainly sold over a million in the first day

Those are expansions are they not? And they are at a much cheaper price point.

They were $50, and have more content than most games.

It's actually the third part of a trilogy and completely stand alone. Legacy of the void is no more an expansion than The Witcher 3 or Uncharted 4.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By casharmy

@loe12k said:
@fedor said:

@loe12k: So you expected it to be the fastest selling exclusive game of all time?

PS4 has 40 million users

Xbox one 20 million.

This is only like 1.35 million sales on xbox one , its a poor show for a game talked about so much on forums.

And how many users does PC have?

I want to apply these metrics you've created across other another platform and see how this argument pans out.

Wasn't the number PC fans talked about with steam users over 100 million?

Why don't you apply your metrics to that number and tell us all how much XCOM2 and Total Warhammer were/are supposed to sell in the first week if PS4's 40million user base was supposed to produce 4 to 5 million in sales. I want to see how your theory of user base sales holds up when applied to an even larger user base!

lets see 40mil users x2 = 80M-users so (5M-sales x2 = 10M-sales) + 20mil users = 40mil /2 (5M 1/2 = 2.5) ...using 40 mil as a base for 5 million sales in a week! Looking at a DOWN estimated PC user base of 100 million...

Can we say with 100 mil users, according to your metrics, PC exclusives like Xcom2 and Total Warhammer should get about 12.5 million sales in the first week!!! Is that about right??? I mean, according to your estimation and metrics with the number of users right?

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts

@ProtossRushX: So you go by this exclusive argument. I don't seperate them I mean Diablo 3 sold 3.5m in a day on PC who cares if it is exclusive a game is a game

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

This could be the first DOMINANT Console we've seen in a long time.

Last gen we had a solid 4- way race i saw people with a wii or 360 or ps3 or a pc.

I never saw a multi console owner except myself so it was diverse field.

This gen I'm only seeing ps4's friendly family PS4 everywhere I go ps4.

Even during PS2 era i saw a crapton of PC's and this gen all i see is ps4 everywhere.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@unrealgunner said:

@ProtossRushX: So you go by this exclusive argument. I don't seperate them I mean Diablo 3 sold 3.5m in a day on PC who cares if it is exclusive a game is a game

Yeah thats why I didn't downplay that I said alright PC thats pretty good.

All i said was that it eventually went multiplat later on which I don't see Uncharted 4 doing.

We haven't seen bloodborne or MLB the show or ps3 exclusives make there way to pc but we have seen diablo 3 spread out everywhere thats all i said i didn't argue that diablo 3 did better as an exclusive on pc i actually agreed and said it did do better.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By casharmy

@pimphand_gamer said:
@quadknight said:

0/10. Are you even trying?

Reality is, Sony only cares about quarterly profits, not popularity. Only losers care about it's popularity which is why I don't buy stocks in Sony and you're too stupid to realize what a console war even is. There hasn't been a console war in years, it's in your head and has no real world meaning because developers don't target the most popular system specifically anymore. So what did Sony win?...you don't even know.

Wow the out of the blue flaming by xbox fanboys, nobody expected that!

A tame thread about a sony exclusive being successful and lemmings start flinging enraged insults like raving lunatics. if only these guys had some games to play maybe they could enjoy topics about games like the rest of us.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By casharmy

@phantomfire335 said:
@casharmy said:
@phantomfire335 said:

"the gen's not "over"

lol that's fine, but reaching back to past generation games to try to prove that point isn't exactly a winning strategy against a current gen exclusive game like UC4.

2)I know Diablo 3 is last gen, I'm just trying to show that these numbers whilst they are good, aren't that big in comparison other top sellers. If you want current gen, Diablo 3 reaper of souls also sold 2.7m in its first week on PC alone, but it's not used to say PC is superior.

PC is a persisting platform so the comparison was erroneous to begin with, all current gen consoles start from 0 so why would you compare it to a platform that has no generation start date and a persistent multi million user base?

Yea, that's a pretty pointless objection to make here against console sales. Thus the headliner "generation" PC's seamless lifetime span is not apart of that discussion.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Jereb31

@casharmy said:
@phantomfire335 said:
@casharmy said:
@phantomfire335 said:

"the gen's not "over"

PC is a persisting platform so the comparison was erroneous to begin with, all current gen consoles start from 0 so why would you compare it to a platform that has no generation start date?

Yea, that's a pretty pointless objection. Thus the headliner "generation" PC's seamless lifetime span is not apart of that discussion.

I'm just speculating, but maybe, just maybe. He used two examples of games that were sold within two generations as an example of games with higher first week sales.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 61913
Member since 2006 • 736 Posts

Some of you need to get that pc, xbox d*** out our ass and just give sony and ND their props! Well deserved!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#172 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

@casharmy: I'll try to be clearer.

I wasn't necessarily comparing PC sales to console sales, that's a different topic and discussion altogether. I understand PC doesn't have gens but I don't feel like that's relevant to my point. What I'm trying to explain is that whilst yes the sales numbers are good, they're not jaw-droppingly good and definitely don't signify the end of a gen. I just so happened to use two games that sold well on PC as that's really as far as my knowledge goes when it comes to game sales, sales on PC.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By casharmy

@jereb31 said:
@casharmy said:
@phantomfire335 said:
@casharmy said:

"the gen's not "over"

PC is a persisting platform so the comparison was erroneous to begin with, all current gen consoles start from 0 so why would you compare it to a platform that has no generation start date?

Yea, that's a pretty pointless objection. Thus the headliner "generation" PC's seamless lifetime span is not apart of that discussion.

I'm just speculating, but maybe, just maybe. He used two examples of games that were sold within two generations as an example of games with higher first week sales.

you just might have had a point if...

@phantomfire335 said:

talking about PC games and then referring to the gen being over = .....

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Jereb31

@casharmy said:
@jereb31 said:
@casharmy said:
@phantomfire335 said:
@casharmy said:

"the gen's not "over"

you just might have had a point if...

@phantomfire335 said:

I didn't think I had to point out that he was using two examples of good selling PC games as an example that the x-box could also produce a blockbuster as such. But here we are I suppose.

*slow clap*

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Annnd yet, its already dropped off the top 25 on twitch... "lol twitch" ... yea you've got to be stupid to say it doesn't show what games last/trend and how their cult followings/MP scenes are effected... but keep clinging to day 1 blockbuster scores and day 1 sales as the only worthwhile metric....

It' the equivilant of this years generic Hero Blockbuster film, a good romp and grossing well, but ultimately a drop in the ocean of generic blockbusters that will only make a resurgency before its seqaul comes out. Truly a fire and forget situation.

Naughty "Gods" cant make good multiplayer, it always shows... gotta love how a "prime" game's 50% content gets a free pass.

Its ALREADY dropped under a 10 year old game TF2 ... no legs, no substance.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

..definitely one of the best games I've played this gen. Not sure if it was worth a 10.. but I could see how someone would give this game that score. Production wise, this game is absolutely phenomenal! But It would seem that the PS4 is definitely firing on all cylinders this year.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

>Buying a PS4 for Uncharted 4

I own a PS4 and I'm not even touching that shit.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By casharmy

@jereb31 said:

I didn't think I had to point out that he was using two examples of good selling PC games as an example that the x-box could also produce a blockbuster as such. But here we are I suppose.

*slow clap*

Yes, here we are!

I suppose I didn't need to tell you that PC is not xbox but, here we are I suppose.

*fast clap*

:P

psst xbox already had the biggest game in it's entire franchise release (Halo 5) and I couldn't even stay in the top 5 on NDP for more than 4 days after release, Forza, 1/3 of the other biggest franchises in xbox history, didn't even chart the month it released. For you to be making an argument for something you need to have some solid ground to work with. What is your argument coming from? Baseless speculation isn't a good arguments.

I'll use myself as an example to show how saying xbox can do what PC does based on some loose speculation is is silly:

Me: Pigs can fly!

You: What makes you think that?

Me: Birds can fly!

You: So, what does that have to do with Pigs?

Me: Duh, I didn't think I'd have to point out that birds and Pigs are both animals of course they should be able to produce the same results...but here we are I suppose. *slow clap*

That example sound pretty silly right? We'll examine your reply to me...and that's exactly what you basically did.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@MBirdy88 said:

Annnd yet, its already dropped off the top 25 on twitch... "lol twitch" ... yea you've got to be stupid to say it doesn't show what games last/trend and how their cult followings/MP scenes are effected... but keep clinging to day 1 blockbuster scores and day 1 sales as the only worthwhile metric....

It' the equivilant of this years generic Hero Blockbuster film, a good romp and grossing well, but ultimately a drop in the ocean of generic blockbusters that will only make a resurgency before its seqaul comes out. Truly a fire and forget situation.

Naughty "Gods" cant make good multiplayer, it always shows... gotta love how a "prime" game's 50% content gets a free pass.

What did you think of the game then?

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Jereb31

@casharmy said:
@jereb31 said:

*slow clap*

Yes, here we are!

I suppose I didn't need to tell you that PC is not xbox but, here we are I suppose.

*fast clap*

:P

psst xbox already had the biggest game in it's entire franchise release (Halo 5) and I couldn't even stay in the top 5 on NDP for more than 4 days after release, Forza, 1/3 of the other biggest franchises in xbox history, didn't even chart the month it released. For you to be making an argument for something you need to have some solid ground to work with. What is your argument coming from? Baseless speculation isn't a good arguments.

I'll use myself as an example to show how saying xbox can do what PC does based on some loose speculation is is silly:

Me: Pigs can fly!

You: What makes you think that?

Me: Birds can fly!

You: So, what does that have to do with Pigs?

Me: Duh, I didn't think I'd have to point out that birds and Pigs are both animals of course they should be able to produce the same results...but here we are I suppose. *slow clap*

That example sound pretty silly right? We'll examine your reply to me...and that's what you basically did.

Wow, just wow.

PC has a high volume sales game so x-box can also have a high volume sales game and you consider pigs can fly because birds can as a decent comparison to that logic.Call MENSA, we have applicant in our midst.

He kind of summed it up in his first reply to you didn't he?

"1) Starcraft 2 LoTV released last year.

2)I know Diablo 3 is last gen, I'm just trying to show that these numbers whilst they are good, aren't that big in comparison other top sellers. If you want current gen, Diablo 3 reaper of souls also sold 2.7m in its first week on PC alone, but it's not used to say PC is superior."

Not sure where you got lost, but oh well.

Also,

Halo 5 sold more in the first week than Uncharted 4 didn't it?? Wasn't that the original question posed by the TC? Let's check.

"That brings Uncharted 4's total tally to $162 million dollars in just under one week of sales."

Yep, what else is in there.

"Has any PC / WiiU / XBone exclusive game come close to these numbers this generation?"

Uh, huh, why yes, Halo 5 sold more in the first week. Don't really care about NDP at this point.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/

There's that link again for you.

Feel free to point out that my query is now comparable to assertions like, fish can swim in space, the earth is actually flat and horses speak secret Latin.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By panda30
Member since 2016 • 941 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

That brings Uncharted 4's total tally to $162 million dollars in just under one week of sales. (Most blockbuster movies don't even make this kind of pocket change)

Is this generation's war finally over?

LMAOL

Halo 5 Reaches $400 Million ON THE FIRST WEEK

and QUANTIUM BRAKE outsold HALO

and Uncharted3 did nerly 4mill on week 1

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By SolidTy

@panda30 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

That brings Uncharted 4's total tally to $162 million dollars in just under one week of sales. (Most blockbuster movies don't even make this kind of pocket change)

LMAOL

You have to read the fine print when translating marketing and PR.

In your link (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/):

"The figure includes sales of games and hardware"

Examples:

As a fan, I felt I needed to catch 'em all.

Halo 5 Charging station for when Charging your controllers isn't enough!

Halo buds!
Halo buds!

Halo 5 headset so I can talk to people with Halo on my head.

Halo 5 Xbone looks great next to my regular Xbone!

Halo 5 Controllers for when I'm playing Call of Duty and I can look down and see Halo!
Halo 5 Controllers for when I'm playing Call of Duty and I can look down and see Halo!

Major Nelson posted this Happy Holidays picture with his family, also seen here.
Major Nelson posted this Happy Holidays picture with his family, also seen here.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 GarGx1

@jereb31 said:

Wow, just wow.

PC has a high volume sales game so x-box can also have a high volume sales game and you consider pigs can fly because birds can as a decent comparison to that logic.Call MENSA, we have applicant in our midst.

He kind of summed it up in his first reply to you didn't he?

"1) Starcraft 2 LoTV released last year.

2)I know Diablo 3 is last gen, I'm just trying to show that these numbers whilst they are good, aren't that big in comparison other top sellers. If you want current gen, Diablo 3 reaper of souls also sold 2.7m in its first week on PC alone, but it's not used to say PC is superior."

Not sure where you got lost, but oh well.

Also,

Halo 5 sold more in the first week than Uncharted 4 didn't it?? Wasn't that the original question posed by the TC? Let's check.

"That brings Uncharted 4's total tally to $162 million dollars in just under one week of sales."

Yep, what else is in there.

"Has any PC / WiiU / XBone exclusive game come close to these numbers this generation?"

Uh, huh, why yes, Halo 5 sold more in the first week. Don't really care about NDP at this point.

There's that link again for you.

Feel free to point out that my query is now comparable to assertions like, fish can swim in space, the earth is actually flat and horses speak secret Latin.

Space Whales, I love Space Whales. do you know there are Space Whales in Stellaris? :)

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 GarGx1

@SolidTy said:
@panda30 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

LMAOL

Well we all know that Xbox One doesn't really shift that much in terms of hardware, so just how much of that would come from hardware?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@bobrossperm said:
@MBirdy88 said:

I've yet to play it, not paying £40 day one like the previous 3 games... because its not even a n A list priority game when far better games like Overwatch and Warhammer are out this week.

Hell, Uncharted peaked at 40k people watching on its day 1 ...

Overwatch is nearing 260k right now....and the servers are not even up yet,

I won;t deny Uncharted 4 is no doubt a great game for people that for some reason love watching cutscenes more than playing a game, but to say its the biggest game of the month let alone year is a joke.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By panda30

@SolidTy said:
@panda30 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

LMAOL

actualy the media say that but not microsoft

and the consols was limited even if all thos consols sold there be $300mill on just the game not like it matter because QB outsold it

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@MBirdy88 said:
@bobrossperm said:
@MBirdy88 said:

I've yet to play it, not paying £40 day one like the previous 3 games... because its not even a n A list priority game when far better games like Overwatch and Warhammer are out this week.

Hell, Uncharted peaked at 40k people watching on its day 1 ...

Overwatch is nearing 260k right now....and the servers are not even up yet,

I won;t deny Uncharted 4 is no doubt a great game for people that for some reason love watching cutscenes more than playing a game, but to say its the biggest game of the month let alone year is a joke.

Okay, great. Just wanted to know your opinion of it. Like you know maybe the mechanics, the encounter design, level design. See if it was any good. But then I read your twitch numbers and kind of re-thunk the whole thing. Like maybe all that other shit just doesn't matter. Those twitch numbers just don't cut it :(

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Jereb31

@GarGx1: Hah I did not know that, I haven't played it yet. Looks interesting.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 GarGx1

@jereb31: Sorry I know that was completely random but "fish can swim in space" was just too much to resist :) Highly recommend Stellaris if you're into 4x space strategy/empire building.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By SolidTy
@SolidTy said:

@panda30 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

LMAOL

In your link (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/):

Examples:

Halo buds!
Halo buds!

@GarGx1 said:
@SolidTy said:

Examples:

* 7 Halo Hardware Pictures

Well we all know that Xbox One doesn't really shift that much in terms of hardware, so just how much of that would come from hardware?

We don't know because the PR spin included games and hardware together (we all should know why a company would do this), as Marketing and PR's job to spin with positive light. If PR had a better, more concrete figures, marketing would have used those figures as they have in the past, instead of posting a figure that includes sales of games and various hardware.

Even if we ignored the other many forms of Halo 5 hardware sold, and just honed in on Halo 5 console sales, we also can't answer the question for console sales because M$ refuses to release console figures this suddenly this gen when things started looking south for the Xbone in terms of console hardware sales.

Either way, the two figures he related (U4 and H5) can't be compared fairly due to the ambiguous nature and inclusions of hardware of the Halo 5 PR statement.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By panda30

@GarGx1 said:
@SolidTy said:
@panda30 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

LMAOL

Funny how they ofthen argue xbox one dont sell but when enconter whit this oh wait no thos are consol sells not the game LMAOL

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By SolidTy

@panda30 said:
@SolidTy said:
@panda30 said:

LMAOL

Examples:

and the consols was limited even if all thos consols sold there be $300mill on just the game not like it matter because QB outsold it

You'll need a new link for proof then, because the link you posted includes sales of games and hardware.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By SolidTy

@panda30 said:
@GarGx1 said:
@SolidTy said:
@panda30 said:

LMAOL

Examples:

* 7 Halo Hardare Pictures

Funny how they ofthen argue xbox one dont sell but when enconter whit this oh wait no thos are consol sells not the game LMAOL

There is no "they" nor did I mention anything selling or not selling above.

I simply read your posted link and pointed out that the "Halo 5 Sales figure includes sales of games and hardware" according to your link.

If you have a different link, feel free to share it, otherwise you'll be seen as inaccurate at best, lying at worst.

Personally, I own an Xbone and I don't care about sales once the platform is self sustaining, but I do care about accuracy and knowing if what I'm reading bullshit or not. :P

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Lems and Hermits = Rekt.

LOL @ hermits using multiplats and games that released lastgen to compare to UC4. UC4 is the most successful exclusive released this gen, the butthurt is real. All these butthurt excuses from them only in this thread...

"But teh movie gamez!!1"

"But Diablo 3!!"

"But Overwatch!!1"

"But $500 million Halo5 revenuez!!!1"

So much salt over one game.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Jereb31

@quadknight said:

Lems and Hermits = Rekt.

LOL @ hermits using multiplats and games that released lastgen to compare to UC4. UC4 is the most successful exclusive released this gen, the butthurt is real. All these butthurt excuses from them only in this thread...

"But teh movie gamez!!1"

"But Diablo 3!!"

"But Overwatch!!1"

But not the most successful exclusive released right?

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Jereb31

@quadknight said:

Lems and Hermits = Rekt.

"But teh movie gamez!!1"

"But Diablo 3!!"

"But Overwatch!!1"

Not an exclusive but The Division did better as well.

http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-has-biggest-first-week-ever-for-new-game-franchise/

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By QuadKnight

@jereb31 said:
@quadknight said:

Lems and Hermits = Rekt.

"But teh movie gamez!!1"

"But Diablo 3!!"

"But Overwatch!!1"

http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-has-biggest-first-week-ever-for-new-game-franchise/

Oh wow, using multiplats, might as well stop all the bullshit and start posting GTAV sales. Dat desperation.

This thread is a salt mine fed by fanboy tears.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By panda30

@SolidTy said:
@panda30 said:
@SolidTy said:
@panda30 said:

LMAOL

Examples:

You'll need a new link for proof then, because the link you posted includes sales of games and hardware.

I reserch and your rigth I was wrong the original link also say hardwere none the less its a LIMITED EDITION most of this have no more then 3 to 25 HOWEVER this one did had more but I doubt no more then 1,000 and that's a stretch

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Jereb31

@quadknight said:
@jereb31 said:
@quadknight said:

Lems and Hermits = Rekt.

"But teh movie gamez!!1"

"But Diablo 3!!"

"But Overwatch!!1"

Oh wow, using multiplats, might as well stop all the bullshit and start posting GTAV sales. Dat desperation.

Why is using a multiplat as a comparison so taboo. These multiplats did sell better afterall.

Star Craft Legacy of the void looks like it sold more in the first week as well, that was an exclusive. Several games from last gen sold better in the first week also. All things considered, UC4 sold very well in it's first week. But it didn't break any records now did it.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By QuadKnight

@jereb31 said:
@quadknight said:
@jereb31 said:
@quadknight said:

Lems and Hermits = Rekt.

"But teh movie gamez!!1"

"But Diablo 3!!"

"But Overwatch!!1"

Why is using a multiplat as a comparison so taboo. These multiplats did sell better afterall.

Star Craft Legacy of the void looks like it sold more in the first week as well, that was an exclusive. Several games from last gen sold better in the first week also. All things considered, UC4 sold very well in it's first week. But it didn't break any records now did it.

It's idiotic because you're comparing sales of a game on one platform to a game that has released on multiple platforms. The multiplatform will always win.

If you're too stupid to understand this then there's no hope for you.

No one said it broke records idiot, we're saying it's the most successful exclusive this gen, which it is. Stop crying and accept it.