Uncharted 4 sells 2.7 million copies in first week, its over.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@quadknight said:

Well, good thing UC4 isn't only relying on sales, eh....

Looks like it not only sells really well, a lot of people love it too judging by its stellar reviews. I fail to see your argument.

Sales and "critic" reviews are not indicators of quality. Just the opinions of individuals.

If we are going by those, then something like Mario Kart 8 (7.5 million copies to date on an install base of 12.8 million) or Super Mario 3D World (also a 93 on weighted-opinions.com) is this gen's winner.

Just because Sony finally released the most-anticipated game of all time doesn't mean they've won anything.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@ProtossRushX: lots of games have already sold way more than that, unless you're talking only first week sales, then yes it's impressive.

160 million is nothing to boast about yet considering the games budget was probably 100 million or more.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56311 Posts

Just beat the game last Saturday and it's no wonder why Naughty Dogs needed the delay back then, they really did pull it off and the delay was worth it. I enjoy the game but have yet to play MP though, I might give that a try tonight. Oh and congrats to Naughty Dogs's UC4 $ 2.7 million sold units.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@quadknight said:

LOL, I love that movie. It's been over since before the gen even started, I don't even know why lems and sheep bother coming to this place anymore.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

congrats to ND , the game is gr8

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

So Diablo 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UC4 according to this thread, cool, good to know. Game over consoles.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@quadknight said:
@phantomfire335 said:
@fedor said:

@phantomfire335: those are pc sales, this console gen has been over for a while now.

I'm just trying to say that there are a few games which have eclipsed these number of sales, but we don't say the PC's won just because it has the most day one/week one sales.

PC doesn't belong to gen that's why no one includes it in this 3 horse race.

Um... that would be no one apart from the OP.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11678 Posts

@iandizion713: Adele would be the winner then actually.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@sailor232 said:

So Diablo 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UC4 according to this thread, cool, good to know. Game over consoles.

Consoles fixed DIablo III, the PC original was poopy :D

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@foxhound_fox said:
@quadknight said:

Looks like it not only sells really well, a lot of people love it too judging by its stellar reviews. I fail to see your argument.

Sales and "critic" reviews are not indicators of quality. Just the opinions of individuals.

If we are going by those, then something like Mario Kart 8 (7.5 million copies to date on an install base of 12.8 million) or Super Mario 3D World (also a 93 on weighted-opinions.com) is this gen's winner.

Just because Sony finally released the most-anticipated game of all time doesn't mean they've won anything.

Mario Kart 8 was a mass bundled game. It's like the default WiiU package at this point. Not a fair comparison.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By QuadKnight

@foxhound_fox said:
@quadknight said:

So you're arguing that getting critical acclaim (most likely going to sweep GOTY awards) and selling the highest number of units for any console exclusive game this gen isn't winning?

Wow, and I though sheep were better than lems.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

If this was xbox one i be impressed with those numbers, but this is PS4 with 40 million owners. Thats 37.3 million people who have not touched the game yet.

Xbox one has 20 million owners that only like 1.35 million on xbox one if we compare the userbase. Be interesting to see the numbers in the month, Uncharted 4 would sell the most of any uncharted game.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 QuadKnight

@loe12k said:

If this xbox one i be impressed with those numbers, but this is PS4 with 40 million owners. Thats 37.3 million people who have touched the game yet.

Xbox one has 20 million that only like 1.35 million on xbox one if we compare the userbase. Be interesting to see the numbers in the month, Uncharted 4 would sell the most of any uncharted game.

Ah, the butthurt attachment rate argument. I thought we'd never see that in this thread.

I stand corrected.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 foxhound_fox

@quadknight said:

So you're arguing that getting critical acclaim (most likely going to sweep GOTY awards) and selling the highest number of units for any console exclusive game this gen isn't winning?

I find it funny you think I'm a sheep.

I'm merely pointing out your criteria for "winning" is flawed. The PS2... now there was a console that won quite early.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Fedor

@loe12k: nobody cares about attachment rates. They care about sales.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By QuadKnight

@foxhound_fox said:
@quadknight said:

I find it funny you think I'm a sheep.

I'm merely pointing out your criteria for "winning" is flawed. The PS2... now there was a console that won quite early.

It's winning and you're a butthurt sheep. The PS4 is winning this gen quite easily.

It's funny you mention the PS2 when the PS4 is selling at an even faster rate than it was.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#67  Edited By svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

So the PS4 finally gets its third exclusive worth owning and the gen is suddenly over? Okay.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Fedor

@foxhound_fox: how is it flawed exactly? Highest rated, fastest selling exclusive of the console gen is winning, plain and simple.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By QuadKnight

@fedor said:

@foxhound_fox: how is it flawed exactly? Highest rated, fastest selling exclusive of the console gen is winning, plain and simple.

Same thing I'm wondering as well. The guy is totally delusional.

The game is winning no matter what standard he tries to chose.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Fedor

@svaubel: that's 3 more than the competition.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 loe12k

@quadknight said:
@loe12k said:

If this xbox one i be impressed with those numbers, but this is PS4 with 40 million owners. Thats 37.3 million people who have touched the game yet.

Xbox one has 20 million that only like 1.35 million on xbox one if we compare the userbase. Be interesting to see the numbers in the month, Uncharted 4 would sell the most of any uncharted game.

Ah, the butthurt attachment rate argument. I thought we'd never see that in this thread.

I stand corrected.

Most talked about game this gen and only did 2.7 million physical+ digital on a console that was purchased by 40 million people is worth a mention don't you think? I was expecting least 4 to 5 million sales the first week.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

If attachment rates mattered then PC games in general wouldn't even have a look in. There's said to be nearly a billion gaming capable PC's in the wild.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 foxhound_fox

@fedor said:

No, it isn't.

Winning is selling the most console units at the end of the generation. Or getting so far ahead, the competition has no way to catch up. Like the PS2.

This generation isn't over yet. And last I checked, the PS4 wasn't leading the XB1 by 100 million units.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Fedor

@loe12k: So you expected it to be the fastest selling exclusive game of all time?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 QuadKnight

@loe12k said:
@quadknight said:
@loe12k said:

I stand corrected.

Most talked about game this gen and only did 2.7 million physical+ digital on a console that was purchased by 40 million people is worth a mention don't you think? I was expecting least 4 to 5 million sales the first week.

lol, lems....

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@svaubel said:

So the PS4 finally gets its third exclusive worth owning and the gen is suddenly over? Okay.

I count 5 at least. Infamous, Bloodborne, Disgaea, Ratchet, Uncharted 4.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Fedor

@foxhound_fox: the x1 isn't gonna catch up though. It's not even going to gain ground. The console war is over this gen, ps4 won easily.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Fedor

@spicymeatball27: 3.8 is a shipped number. Not sold.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#80  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@fedor: I actually did since PS4 was the fastest selling console. And Xbox One is only a couple million behind PS4 in NA. Never underestimate the competition. Good luck with PSVR though, maybe that will help put the nail in Microsofts coffin...or not.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 foxhound_fox

@fedor said:

@foxhound_fox: the x1 isn't gonna catch up though. It's not even going to gain ground. The console war is over this gen, ps4 won easily.

You can say this with certainty? Do you not remember the sizeable lead (more than what the PS4 has over the XB1) that the PS3 closed late last gen over the Xbox 360?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By QuadKnight

@spicymeatball27 said:

Uncharted 4 in 1 week sold pretty well but Uncharted 3 sold 3.8 million on 1 Day alone. Damn Uncharted 4 fell 1.1 million short of Uncharted 3. Not surprised since Uncharted 3 had HUGE marketing. They even put drake on a subway sandwich for Uncharted 3 lmao. They had betas, even that now dead PS Home thing had a Uncharted 3 mini game. That game was everywhere back in 2011.

Numbers are much smaller then uncharted 3 massive Day 1 mind you of release. 160 million is decent but many other games made much more money like Halo 5 for example or Mario Kart on Wii U. Nice numbers

No it didn't. Uncharted 3 shipped 3.8 million to retailers. Its actual day one sales are much less. UC4 sold 2.7 million to actual consumers, there's a difference. UC4 sales eclipse UC3.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Any investor that made profit off of any game created are the winners. Not the gamers who spend money, that's for sure. A game's earnings still have to be used to pay bills from the creation of the game and use of any patents, marketing companies..etc. UC4 certainly did well, so did many other games this year and the year isn't over yet but Sony as a company not winning so much, their LTRG is -4.3% which is disappointing to any investor. So I'm not sure what you guys think Sony won exactly other than selling a good game, which itshould be due to it's development time and over $30 million invested.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#84 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

why is it over? Is it not being sold anymore?

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By loe12k

@foxhound_fox said:
@fedor said:

You can say this with certainty? Do you not remember the sizeable lead (more than what the PS4 has over the XB1) that the PS3 closed late last gen over the Xbox 360?

Xb1 will not catch up it does not have the power to close the gap. The next xbox will be the test . I can't see gamers sticking with Sony if their next console is weaker or is more expensive?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 QuadKnight

@pimphand_gamer said:

Any investor that made profit off of any game created are the winners. Not the gamers who spend money, that's for sure. A game's earnings still have to be used to pay bills from the creation of the game and use of any patents, marketing companies..etc. UC4 certainly did well, so did many other games this year and the year isn't over yet but Sony as a company not winning so much, their LTRG is -4.3% which is disappointing to any investor. So I'm not sure what you guys think Sony won exactly other than selling a good game, which itshould be due to it's development time and over $30 million invested.

Sony won the gen by a landslide, and the gamers that get to enjoy this stellar game won too. I don't know what you're on about but this isn't Stock Wars, it's System Wars.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Fedor

@foxhound_fox: the 360 was never close to 20 million ahead. It also had a year head start.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Fedor

@iandizion713: the proverbial nail is already hammered Down.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 QuadKnight
@foxhound_fox said:
@fedor said:

PS4 is outselling the Xbone almost 2:1, that's bigger than the lead the 360 had over PS3.

Also M$ doesn't have Europe or Japan, the lead isn't closing anytime soon. In fact the lead continues to increase daily,

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By iandizion713

@fedor said:

Funny, cause i look at Xbox One sales numbers in NA and get a different story. After all that Xbox One messed up on and PS4 only leads by a few million...somethings not right. Maybe Sony should have used ring shank nails.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By loe12k

@fedor said:

@loe12k: So you expected it to be the fastest selling exclusive game of all time?

PS4 has 40 million users

Xbox one 20 million.

This is only like 1.35 million sales on xbox one , its a poor show for a game talked about so much on forums.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 foxhound_fox

@fedor said:

@foxhound_fox: the 360 was never close to 20 million ahead. It also had a year head start.

Excuses. The PS3 had a dismal launch and suffered at the hand's of third party's inability to properly port their titles for years. Then around 2009, the platform started gaining significant momentum and almost overtook the 360 in the end, DESPITE it's year head start.

You are so closed off to reality, it's quite amusing. You drank the Sony kool-aid and believe them to be infallible when it comes to the PS4. Yet, they release their software like a morphine drip and people forgive them for taking so long to release anything of any significant quality (it took over two years to get Bloodborne, but nobody seems to care).

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@loe12k said:
@quadknight said:
@loe12k said:

I stand corrected.

The game did just release and it's not like we are looking at the sales three years from now. Also, the companies don't care about attach rates, they care about making $$$ money.

What's the attach rate of the 473 lemonades I sold yesterday at my lemonade stand compared to the 7.125 Billion people in the world? I guess it was a failure by comparison and I should toss the $600+ .

What is the attach rate of Filiberto's Burritos sold? Taco Bell Tacos? Burger King French Fries? Subway?These companies are doing it all wrong and should be worrying about attach rates?

No, the attach rate was a PR spin used to promote or damage control a product, but ultimately it means nothing to a companies bottom line. Attach rates are certainly not something gamers should worry about or even post about, let the PR marketing masters throw that out and laugh at it, but don't use it to try and spin a negative story about a successful release of any product.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 foxhound_fox

@loe12k said:

Xb1 will not catch up it does have the power to close the gap. The next xbox will be the test . I can't see gamers sticking with Sony if their next console is weaker or is more expensive?

The PS3 didn't have the power to catch up either. There were the same doomsayers here saying exactly the same thing you are in late 2008.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 QuadKnight

@iandizion713 said:
@fedor said:

Funny, cause i look at Xbox One sales numbers in NA and get a different story. After all that Xbox One messed up on and PS4 only leads by a few million...somethings not right. Maybe Sony should have used rigged nails.

Coming from dominating NA with 360 to losing it by millions, I'd say Xbone is on life support.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Fedor

@loe12k: Nobody cares about attachment rate.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Fedor

@foxhound_fox: Now you're just moving goal posts and throwing temper tantrums. Are you going to acknowledge that you lied about 360s lead?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By QuadKnight

@foxhound_fox said:
@loe12k said:

Xb1 will not catch up it does have the power to close the gap. The next xbox will be the test . I can't see gamers sticking with Sony if their next console is weaker or is more expensive?

The PS3 didn't have the power to catch up either. There were the same doomsayers here saying exactly the same thing you are in late 2008.

Difference is that the PS3 was outselling the 360 globally last gen despite the fact it released a year later. Xbone is getting destroyed globally this gen by PS4.

It has no chance of catching up.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By iandizion713

@quadknight: Id say theyre in a coma. Lets just hope they dont wake up.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Fedor

@iandizion713: Ok? That's one country that they're still being dominated in... not getting your point.