Uncharted 4 game director leaves Naughty Dog

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Nothing to see here people, everything is absolutely going as planned over at Sony.

@shawn30 No need to argue with @Animal-Mother he is convinced this happens everywhere in the games industry. The funny thing is we can count on our hand the amount of weeks that have gone by that Sony has not had bad news, either someone leaving, poor financials, or a game getting canned.

There really is nothing to see because it is the typical Sony news that comes along every week.

But look at what I proved. It does happen. I mean look right here http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-13-microsofts-pc-gaming-chief-leaves-after-just-six-months. Are we that dense recently or just trolling? It happens people leave places all the time. New gen, new start for a lot of people bigger prospects and so on. You better bring your A game because you're gonna get a new hole torn tonight on the podcast with logic. Better bring that butt hurt cream.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@WadeFan said:

@casharmy said:

@WadeFan said:

Huh...at first I thought all these people leaving was just a coincidence and it probably still is, but damn....they just keep piling up. I don't care whether you are a fan of Sony or not, this harms the overall gaming community more and more each time someone leaves. These people are talented no matter how you try and sugar coat it.

Um you are in this thread. Why don't you do your job.

Thread title say Uncharded 4 director leaves Naughty Dog.

Can you confirm if he was Uncharted 4's director from the link the TC posted because I don't see that anywhere, or are you just going to add on to what is possibly a false and misleading thread?

Excuse me? Lose the attitude for one and two, it clearly is NOT misleading.

The title of the article :

Uncharted 4 Game Director Justin Richmond Leaves Naughty Dog

And the very first paragraph:

Justin Richmond, who was working on Uncharted PS4 as game director, has left developer Naughty Dog.

Owned

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Nothing to see here people, everything is absolutely going as planned over at Sony.

@shawn30 No need to argue with @Animal-Mother he is convinced this happens everywhere in the games industry. The funny thing is we can count on our hand the amount of weeks that have gone by that Sony has not had bad news, either someone leaving, poor financials, or a game getting canned.

There really is nothing to see because it is the typical Sony news that comes along every week.

But look at what I proved. It does happen. I mean look right here http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-13-microsofts-pc-gaming-chief-leaves-after-just-six-months. Are we that dense recently or just trolling? It happens people leave places all the time. New gen, new start for a lot of people bigger prospects and so on. You better bring your A game because you're gonna get a new hole torn tonight on the podcast with logic. Better bring that Prep H my man.

This might just be one cast I have to listen in on :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@RR360DD said:

This is not good. Naughty dog was the last great thing sony had, and now even they are going down the toilet.

PS4 just becomes more and more worthless by the day.

Yea...

I mean its not like the Xbox exclsuive flag ship halo's team never left right?

Its not like EPIC GAMES SEO on gears of war franchise left either right?

Its not like... Xbox devision and Microsoft as a whole has had a massive shake up with the people at the wheel leaving because they totally messed up right?

Has it occured to you, that these "senrior develope/design" people are leaving because... I dunno, they want to try something else instead of milking the same S*it for 10 years straight?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12067 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

But look at what I proved. It does happen. I mean look right here http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-13-microsofts-pc-gaming-chief-leaves-after-just-six-months. Are we that dense recently or just trolling? It happens people leave places all the time. New gen, new start for a lot of people bigger prospects and so on. You better bring your A game because you're gonna get a new hole torn tonight on the podcast with logic. Better bring that Prep H my man.

This is SW @Animal-Mother calm down..............

The show is an entirely different animal.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Animal-Mother

@MBirdy88 said:

@RR360DD said:

This is not good. Naughty dog was the last great thing sony had, and now even they are going down the toilet.

Yea...

Its not like... Xbox devision and Microsoft as a whole has had a massive shake up with the people at the wheel leaving because they totally messed up right?

Has it occured to you, that these "senrior develope/design" people are leaving because... I dunno, they want to try something else instead of milking the same S*it for 10 years straight?

Thank you at least SOMEBODY gets it.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Animal-Mother

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

This is SW @Animal-Mother calm down..............

The show is an entirely different animal.

Ohh now the show is different. You let the animal out of it's cage. Say YOUR PRAYERS

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ReadingRainbow4

@KBFloYd said:

I'd be dancing by myself as well if 3rd parties didn't want to touch me with a 10ft pole.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#60 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41579 Posts

Oh, jeez. All we need is someone from Nintendo to leave and the cycle is complete.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@RR360DD said:

Yea...

Right, guess its just a coincidence that they've all left within the last couple months. Guess all those layoffs were a coincidence too.

Yeah. Totally same situation.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 KBFloYd

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@KBFloYd said:

I'd be dancing by myself as well if 3rd parties didn't want to touch me with a 10ft pole.

stay mad bitch haha

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@RR360DD said:

Yea...

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

But look at what I proved. It does happen. I mean look right here http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-13-microsofts-pc-gaming-chief-leaves-after-just-six-months. Are we that dense recently or just trolling? It happens people leave places all the time. New gen, new start for a lot of people bigger prospects and so on. You better bring your A game because you're gonna get a new hole torn tonight on the podcast with logic. Better bring that butt hurt cream.

Of course people leave companies all the time, but the sheer number of things happening at Sony - game cancellations, numerous game delays, and people at first party devs are coupled with Sony's dire financial state and that looks ominous. You named a handful of people leaving MS, but they just bought a VR company for 150 million. They bought the entire Gears of War franchise, and their financial situation couldn't be much better. Those two smaller devs in Canada mostly got hired inside of Black Tusk. I think you're missing my point. I don't think Sony is about to close up shop next week and the roof is caving in. But there are a number of occurrences in this new year that are telling a story you refuse to open your eyes too. Something is very wrong behind the scenes at Sony. People are leaving almost daily now. Is this not at all something you don't think is a bit odd?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@KBFloYd said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@KBFloYd said:

stay mad bitch haha

Who's exactly mad here? Now, now temper, temper you wouldn't want to have your mom catch you using that language. Enjoy mario.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#66  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

This is Sony's list of departures and layoffs in the last 60 days:

• Stig Asmussen leaves Sony Santa Monica
  • Amy Hennig leaves Naughty Dog
  • New IP at Sony Santa Monica is canceled; studio suffers immense downsizing
  • Jack Tretton leaves Sony
  • Massive layoffs at Sony Cambridge, Geurrilla Games, and SCE London; at least one more game cancelled
  • Layoffs at Evolution Studios- DriveClub allegedly 'not affected'
  • Justin Richmond leaves Naughty Dog

Make of that what you will, I am in mood to argue anymore.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Solid_Max13

@charizard1605 said:

• Massive layoffs at Sony Cambridge, Geurrilla Games, and SCE London; at least one more game cancelled

Like I stated before there's still a lot of talent in the industry, This won't be an issue, people like you playing the whole Sony doomed card are overplaying it a lot.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 KBFloYd

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@quatoe said:

@casharmy said:

@WadeFan said:

Huh...at first I thought all these people leaving was just a coincidence and it probably still is, but damn....they just keep piling up. I don't care whether you are a fan of Sony or not, this harms the overall gaming community more and more each time someone leaves. These people are talented no matter how you try and sugar coat it.

Can you confirm if he was Uncharted 4's director from the link the TC posted because I don't see that anywhere, or are you just going to add on to what is possibly a false and misleading thread?

It states in the article that he is the director, the title of the article on IGN says that he was the director... Can you not read?

Link took me straight to IGN home page. Stop coping an attitude, I did not see where it says "UNCHARTED 4" director. What don't you understand about the number 4?

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

damn it deleted comment by accident

anyway lems are complete tools, bu-bu- sony has no money to keep employees!! haha wow the delusion

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol at lems thinking people are leaving sony because they are going down!! haha wow he oversaw uncharted 3 multiplayer which lets face it was average at best.

LOL funny how cows are so quick to bash their own games in situations like this.

Keep crying

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lostrib

@casharmy said:

@quatoe said:

@casharmy said:

@WadeFan said:

It states in the article that he is the director, the title of the article on IGN says that he was the director... Can you not read?

Link took me straight to IGN home page. Stop coping an attitude, I do not see where it says "UNCHARTED 4" director. What don't you understand about the number 4?

...are you fucking serious? So you're just going full troll mode today?

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

This shouldn't be alarming to anyome in any way.

And I bet this won't affect the finesse, art and quality of either of Naughty Dog's future games one bit.

Christophe Balestra, Bruce Straley, Neil Druckman and Evan Wells are still at the very helm. And these guys made The Last Of Us and Uncharted 2.

ND's good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Solid_Max13 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Like I stated before there's still a lot of talent in the industry, This won't be an issue, people like you playing the whole Sony doomed card are overplaying it a lot.

I did not say Sony is doomed. As a matter of fact, I didn't say anything at all.

Are you projecting your insecurities on to me?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

LMAO!!! THAT IS COW LOGIC!!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 KBFloYd

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Who's exactly mad here? Now, now temper, temper you wouldn't want to have your mom catch you using that language. Enjoy mario.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 casharmy

@quatoe said:

@WadeFan said:

@casharmy said:

@WadeFan said:

Justin Richmond, who was working on Uncharted PS4 as game director, has left developer Naughty Dog.

This. If he would have clicked the link, then he would have noticed his arrogance.

The link took me straight to IGN's home page ass, maybe you should stop making assumptions kid.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ReadingRainbow4

@charizard1605 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@charizard1605 said:

I did not say Sony is doomed. As a matter of fact, I didn't say anything at all.

One wouldn't be remiss to come to the assertion that you were indeed coming to that very conclusion.

Just sayin.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol at lems thinking people are leaving sony because they are going down!! haha wow he oversaw uncharted 3 multiplayer which lets face it was average at best.

LOL funny how cows are so quick to bash their own games in situations like this.

Keep crying

ermm when was uncharted ever known for its multiplayer? it has great campaign but multiplayer was always average. seems like sony wants to get everything right this time around. anyway shouldnt lems be playing titanfall!!!! or is trolling on forums more fun? haha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@KBFloYd said:

This is amazing.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Solid_Max13

@charizard1605 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@charizard1605 said:

No insecurities, why post that whole list then? If not to try and conjure some type of response or project that "Sony is in trouble" type of response.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@casharmy said:

@quatoe said:

@casharmy said:

@WadeFan said:

Link took me straight to IGN home page. Stop coping an attitude, I did not see where it says "UNCHARTED 4" director. What don't you understand about the number 4?

The article is on the front page of IGN,shouldn't be hard to locate.

The title is quite clear

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 casharmy

@lostrib said:

@WadeFan said:

@casharmy said:

@WadeFan said:

Owned

what do you mean, "Owned"?

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@casharmy said:

@quatoe said:

@WadeFan said:

@casharmy said:

@WadeFan said:

This. If he would have clicked the link, then he would have noticed his arrogance.

The link took me straight to IGN's home page ass, maybe you should stop making assumptions kid.

Are you blind?!?!?!?!

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@KBFloYd said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Sheeps can't even use their own games anymore. Atleast you helped put Mario out of his misery and for that I'm grateful.

Now if only Nintendo would do the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

One wouldn't be remiss to come to the assertion that you were indeed coming to that very conclusion.

Just sayin.

One would be wrong. Because I very literally say, 'make of that what you will.'

@Solid_Max13 said:

No insecurities, why post that whole list then? If not to try and conjure some type of response or project that "Sony is in trouble" type of response.

I post that list because it is notable and alarming. You would have to be completely oblivious, biased, fanboyish, or all three, to deny the fact that when so many high profile layoffs, departures, cancellations, and downsizing happens in such a short period of time, it means something. It does not have to mean the company is 'doomed'- it just means there's some turbulence going on, that in this case might negatively affect the development of the games that I would buy a PS4 for.

Just because I am pointing out an issue with Sony- and you have to be a total fanboy to deny that that list does in fact represent an issue, both of you- does not mean I think they are 'doomed' or any such bullshit. It means I notice an alarming pattern and it worries me. Stop having such a fucking persecution complex all the time.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 KBFloYd

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@KBFloYd said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Sheeps can't even use their own games anymore. Atleast you helped put Mario out of his misery and for that I'm grateful.

playstation is going down bitch...

even if i have to eat microsofts farts lol

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ReadingRainbow4

@charizard1605 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Just sayin.

@Solid_Max13 said:

I post that list because it is notable and alarming. You would have to be completely oblivious, biased, fanboyish, or all three, to deny the fact that when so many high profile layoffs, departures, cancellations, and downsizing happens in such a short period of time, it means something. It does not have to mean the company is 'doomed'- it just means there's some turbulence going on, that in this case might negatively affect the development of the games that I would buy a PS4 for.

Just because I am pointing out an issue with Sony- and you have to be a total fanboy to deny that that list does in fact represent an issue, both of you- does not mean I think they are 'doomed' or any such bullshit. It means I notice an alarming pattern and it worries me. Stop having such a fucking persecution complex all the time.

Wouldn't exactly be wrong then. :P

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Red flag, sinking ship, dead fish. Something is a foul at Sony and before E3 we will know the truth behind everyone leaving.

What I don't get is that the Playstation brand is supposedly Sonys strongest division,then why all the abandoning ship at the "height" of the PS4?????? Som ting Wong

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By lostrib

@casharmy said:

@lostrib said:

@WadeFan said:

@casharmy said:

@WadeFan said:

Owned

what do you mean, "Owned"?

What do you mean, "What do you mean"?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Good Uncharted 3 paled in comparison.

Side note, we can also talk about all the people who have left MS. Though this is really fucking bizarre so many people are just leaving EVERYWHERE.

I know! I have never seen such a shake up before on all sides.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Just sayin.

@Solid_Max13 said:

Wouldn't exactly be wrong then. :P

Touche :p

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Just when I thought PS4 was going to get some games another developer gets up and leaves.....

I didn't buy a PS4 for indie that my 10 year old laptop can play, Sony.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ReadingRainbow4

@treedoor said:

Just when I thought PS4 was going to get some games another developer gets up and leaves.....

Well then there's infamous second son.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 casharmy

@WadeFan said:

@casharmy said:

@quatoe said:

@WadeFan said:

@casharmy said:

@WadeFan said:

Are you blind!?!?!?! Even if it did take you to the home page for some reason, it's the #1 thing on their homepage. Learn to read!
Are you blind!?!?!?! Even if it did take you to the home page for some reason, it's the #1 thing on their homepage. Learn to read!

what I saw when I clicked on the link.

Are you trying to make some kind of point with what you saw on your computer? No he should have directly linked to article he was referring to and there would be no confusion.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Solid_Max13

@charizard1605 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Just sayin.

@Solid_Max13 said:

Please I'm not alarmed this happens in the industry all the time, whether it's MS or Sony or whomever things change in the industry and always do, it comes as no surprise since Sony is looking to basically restructure the company, but in Corporations this happens almost all the time, even in gaming, so no I don't see a need for the list at all I could go through and post a list of every MS exec in gaming who's left as well as studios closed down and layoffs, lems did the same thing when that stuff happened and Cows acted the same way Xbox and PS4 will be fine as will MS and Sony.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@nintendoboy16 said:

Oh, jeez. All we need is someone from Nintendo to leave and the cycle is complete.

Nintendo would have to go through some pretty hefty shake ups to rival what Sony has undergone in the last few weeks.

Even then, Iwata has famously said he does not believe in downsizing and layoffs as a long term viable policy.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts
@treedoor said:

Hello dweller :drops:

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 lostrib

@casharmy said:

@WadeFan said:

@casharmy said:

@quatoe said:

@WadeFan said:

@casharmy said:

@WadeFan said:

what I saw when I clicked on the link.

Are you trying to make some kind of point with what you saw on your computer? No he should have directly linked to article he was referring to and there would be no confusion.

"Uncharted 4 Dev Exits"

Please stop...