Tomb Raider sells 1 million in less than 48 hours

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Hehe

megaspiderweb09
Ah, yes. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis was such a good game. I loved that game.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

Hehe

DragonfireXZ95
Ah, yes. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis was such a good game. I loved that game.

i would ove an indy reboot, that would be fanatstic.
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] The PC version of Tomb Raider has better graphics than the Uncharted series do.DragonfireXZ95
So uncharted only really beats tombraider in scores really then, iknow i will get flamed for this but UC is a rubbish exploration game imo, even Crysis 3 has less linearity and more exploration, UC is great if you like linear set piece fuelled entertainmet with a 'couple ' of pick ups But drake should leave the real exploration to miss croft, she did it first and she does it better.

It's true. Uncharted was terribly linear.

Did Naughty Dog ever mention that Uncharted was built for exploration?....Its an Action Adventure game, which even puts every in perspective when talking about who influenced who. Uncharted was built around Naughty Dogs previous games, Crash bandicoot and Jack n Dexter which were platforming action games. The new Tomb Raider however had to scale back on a heavy exploration to add a cinematic feel to it which isnt bad cause thats what this gen has been all about. I duno why people keep making silly comparisons when there really isnt any

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 delta3074
The new Tomb Raider however had to scale back on a heavy exploration to add a cinematic feel to it >megaspiderweb09
No it didn't, the new tombraider has larger areas and more exploration than any of the previous titles, the new tombraider is essentially a sand box game with Huge levels that you can jump between from camp fires, think assassins creed on a smaller scale or Fable, you can return to previous areas to gain access to areas you could not before because of lack of equipment upgrades a bit like the original soulreaver.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#155 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="delta3074"]So uncharted only really beats tombraider in scores really then, iknow i will get flamed for this but UC is a rubbish exploration game imo, even Crysis 3 has less linearity and more exploration, UC is great if you like linear set piece fuelled entertainmet with a 'couple ' of pick ups But drake should leave the real exploration to miss croft, she did it first and she does it better.megaspiderweb09

It's true. Uncharted was terribly linear.

Did Naughty Dog ever mention that Uncharted was built for exploration?....Its an Action Adventure game, which even puts every in perspective when talking about who Iinfluenced who. Uncharted was built around Naughty Dogs previous games, Crash bandicoot and Jack n Dexter which were platforming action games. The new Tomb Raider however had to scale back on a heavy exploration to add a cinematic feel to it which isnt bad cause thats what this gen has been all about. I duno why people keep making silly comparisons when there really isnt any

The 2 games were never anyhting alike, I said this on the first page, but I was ignored :P

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

Gee. I haven't even bought my copy yet. I would've bought it today at Wal-Mart as an impulse buy. But, they either don't have it yet for the PC or it's sold out.

jun_aka_pekto

I know Steam was selling it for 44.99 if you preordered.

Nah. I'm the old-fashioned type who must have his physical disc unless it's DD-only (eg Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light).

I remember hearing that Tomb Raider wasn't getting a PC boxed release in the US. Dunno if it's still true.
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 megaspiderweb09

[QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]The new Tomb Raider however had to scale back on a heavy exploration to add a cinematic feel to it >delta3074
No it didn't, the new tombraider has larger areas and more exploration than any of the previous titles, the new tombraider is essentially a sand box game with Huge levels that you can jump between from camp fires, think assassins creed on a smaller scale or Fable, you can return to previous areas to gain access to areas you could not before because of lack of equipment upgrades a bit like the original soulreaver.

When i say Scaled back on exploration, i mean in every sense of it. While it remains a sandbox, Lara interacts with the environment as linear as they come which is one of the vivid Uncharted-esque influences. I still have Tomb Raider 3 on PC and before making any jump or move into a new area, you had to be very careful with timing because the platforming was heavy and you had to memorize several of laras move sets in some instances, then you also have the puzzles too which were brain cracking, hidden spikes and boulders. Like seriously download Tomb Raider again and make your side by side comparisons and observe

megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 megaspiderweb09

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] It's true. Uncharted was terribly linear.Zaibach

Did Naughty Dog ever mention that Uncharted was built for exploration?....Its an Action Adventure game, which even puts every in perspective when talking about who Iinfluenced who. Uncharted was built around Naughty Dogs previous games, Crash bandicoot and Jack n Dexter which were platforming action games. The new Tomb Raider however had to scale back on a heavy exploration to add a cinematic feel to it which isnt bad cause thats what this gen has been all about. I duno why people keep making silly comparisons when there really isnt any

The 2 games were never anyhting alike, I said this on the first page, but I was ignored :P

Yeah obviously you will be ignored cause it doesnt scream ''Uncharted killer'' cause it seems thats all these threads are all about

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]The new Tomb Raider however had to scale back on a heavy exploration to add a cinematic feel to it >megaspiderweb09

When i say Scaled back on exploration, i mean in every sense of it. While it remains a sandbox, Lara interacts with the environment as linear as they come which is one of the vivid Uncharted-esque influences. I still have Tomb Raider 3 on PC and before making any jump or move into a new area, you had to be very careful with timing because the platforming was heavy and you had to memories several of laras move sets in some instances, then you also have the puzzles too which were brain cracking, hidden spikes and boulders. Like seriously download Tomb Raider again and make your side by side comparisons and observe

you have not played the new tombraider have you, it's not as linear sa they come at all, there are loads of different areas to find and explore and the platforming is the best it has bee in a tombraider game, ther are quite a few puzzles as well, especially in secret areas, i have played ALL the tomb raiders and the new tombraider has FAR more exploration and is Far less linear than the previous titles, the fact that you can jumpt to previous areas at your will makes it Far from linear.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

megaspiderweb09

Yeah obviously you will be ignored cause it doesnt scream ''Uncharted killer'' cause it seems thats all these threads are all about

The most HILARIOUS part of all this is, without Uncharted's success, The TR reboot would probably have never happened :lol:

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
Complain about people comparing Uncharted and Tomb Raider all you want. Nothing's gonna change. When Uncharted came out, people called it a Tomb Raider rip-off. When this TR came out, people called it an Uncharted rip-off. Both sides are wrong.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Complain about people comparing Uncharted and Tomb Raider all you want. Nothing's gonna change. When Uncharted came out, people called it a Tomb Raider rip-off. When this TR came out, people called it an Uncharted rip-off. Both sides are wrong.freedomfreak

citizen-kane-clapping.jpg

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Hehe

megaspiderweb09

Pretty much the most appropriate pic regarding the Tomb Raider vs Uncharted debate :P:P

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#164 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

http://www.gamechup.com/tomb-raider-sells-1-million-in-less-than-48-hours/ Impressive numbers. There has not been a PS3 exclusive in the last 15 months that has sold over a million copies in its LIFETIME, let alone in 48 hours :lol:StrongDeadlift

You should change your sig

GoW. Ascension now at 80 on meta. Still AA

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#165 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Tomb raider is clearly the better game though.delta3074

Please, dont come with that sh1t

Fact is Uncharted is the highest rated series, everything else is subjective

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]http://www.gamechup.com/tomb-raider-sells-1-million-in-less-than-48-hours/ Impressive numbers. There has not been a PS3 exclusive in the last 15 months that has sold over a million copies in its LIFETIME, let alone in 48 hours :lol:

Yeah, and this isn't a PS3 exclusive. I will get it in a few months once the price comes down. I'm not paying $60 for it.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]http://www.gamechup.com/tomb-raider-sells-1-million-in-less-than-48-hours/ Impressive numbers. There has not been a PS3 exclusive in the last 15 months that has sold over a million copies in its LIFETIME, let alone in 48 hours :lol:Vatusus

You should change your sig

GoW. Ascension now at 80 on meta. Still AA

inb4 he starts claiming it was hyped in day 1 sales.
Speedzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Speedzilla
Member since 2012 • 1732 Posts

So a game that spans PS3, 360 and PC is somehow a negative for PS3?  cool, and the most desperate fanboy award goes to StrongDeadlift...take a bow

casharmy

Using metacritic scores to claim ownage and now this thread...the TC's desperation continues.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#169 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] I know Steam was selling it for 44.99 if you preordered.dommeus

Nah. I'm the old-fashioned type who must have his physical disc unless it's DD-only (eg Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light).

I remember hearing that Tomb Raider wasn't getting a PC boxed release in the US. Dunno if it's still true.

This is true and it's downright idiotic for them to do that. I was hoping to get the survival version of Tomb Raider. Unfortunately, I have to order it from the UK + spend extra money on shipping. What the hell Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics? :?