Titanfall\Titanfall bundle selling better then PS4 in the UK

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-PC-Video-Games/zgbs/videogames/300703/ref=zg_mw_tab_t_bs#1

Titanfall - 1

Titanfall bundle - 6

PlayStation 4 - 21

Smart move Microsoft

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Not bad, guess a lot of people were waiting for a price drop. Lets see how long the sales keep up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Let's see if this is a spike or a sustained trend of increased sales. I hope it's the latter, competition is always good.

Tlgersuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Tlgersuperman
Member since 2014 • 88 Posts

You need to find more UK retailers for there to be a picture. I only see two with tf on the top. GAME's numbers will be put up tomorrow.

There is a chance this game could be the nest gears or the next Halo 3. Gears is acceptable, Halo 3 would be very impressive. The game already seems to look like it will do much better than that other online only fps.

What did M.A.G. stand for again? Massive Action Game?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

We all know SONY will rule EU. This is good for customers though, but sucks for people who bought their console early on..like me.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Well obviously TitanFall would sell consoles, how much consoles it manages to sell over the period of two years however, would be a different story.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

With a price cut and free 60 dollar game it sure as hell should be

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

No doubt there will be spikes in sales on a recently announced discount bundle. It's a few months from now that we'll really know how effective the bundle is.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

@megaspiderweb09 said:

Well obviously TitanFall would sell consoles, how much consoles it manages to sell over the period of two years however, would be a different story.

Thanks to massive advertising, yes. I am still baffled why Titanfall is touted as a system seller for the Xbox One when it's available (with a smart delay, of course!) on the 360, too. Not to mention that a medium range PC can run the game just fine. Titanfall being an X1 system seller is such a stupid argument, but evidently when you keep repeating the message over and over again people will believe you.

Tlgersuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tlgersuperman
Member since 2014 • 88 Posts

@Heil68 said:

We all know SONY will rule EU. This is good for customers though, but sucks for people who bought their console early on..like me.

You're not from europe.

@Nightflash28 said:

@megaspiderweb09 said:

Thanks to massive advertising, yes. I am still baffled why Titanfall is touted as a system seller for the Xbox One when it's available (with a smart delay, of course!) on the 360, too. Not to mention that a medium range PC can run the game just fine. Titanfall being an X1 system seller is such a stupid argument, but evidently when you keep repeating the message over and over again people will believe you.

You have to be in a closet and have not been outside to say that tf won't sell Xbox ones when in the real world that is what the game is advertised for to the average consumer.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

PS4 = In stock on March 25, 2014.:(

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@tlgersuperman said:

@Heil68 said:

You're not from europe.

Yup, and in NA we didn't get a free game at launch like EU, nor do we get this deal.

jsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jsolidus
Member since 2011 • 171 Posts

@Nightflash28 said:

@megaspiderweb09 said:

I agree.. its going to have a spike in sales since they will be advertising the hell out of it, but the spike lems are hoping for, is wishful thinking..If they can keep up the sales over a month then lems can celebrate but titanfall doesn't seem that good of game to sell massive amounts for a long period of time, i say a week of piked sales at the most..i cant see that many casuals dropping $500 on a game that they can already play on their pc and 360.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@jsolidus: 500 dollars isn't a big deal, even to casuals. My ps4 and xbox one are both the cheapest part of my entertainment system. And I'd imagine the same for most people if they want a good tv and good sound

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

LOL....nice try lemms......The PS4 is out of stock till March 25th

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 I_can_haz

@-Damien- said:

LOL....nice try lemms......The PS4 is out of stock till March 25th

TLHBO

/thread

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

1,000k world wide! Bank on it in March.........

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 I_can_haz

@kuu2 said:

In your dreams.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kuu2

@I_can_haz said:

@kuu2 said:

In your dreams.

LoL! Salty post is salty........

You are right it is a lot to sell in March but man it would be totally awesome and it will sell a ton of Ones and you know it. ;)

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 I_can_haz

@kuu2 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@kuu2 said:

In your dreams.

LoL! Salty post is salty........

You are right it is a lot to sell in March but man it would be totally awesome and it will sell a ton of Ones and you know it. ;)

It ain't gonna sell 1 million and you know it ;)

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

well seeing as the ps4 is sold out until a month from now, i can understand.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kuu2

@lazerface216 said:

The PauperStation4 has Titanfall on it if it was in stock????? Man that is awesome for Cows!

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By I_can_haz

@kuu2 said:

@lazerface216 said:

The PauperStation4 has Titanfall on it if it was in stock????? Man that is awesome for Cows!

Dat weak damage control and denial.

It says so right there on Amazon UK that the PS4 is sold out till March 25th. Keep spinning lem.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@lazerface216 said:

huh? read the thread title, then read my post. now give yourself a second to actually think. k?

jsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jsolidus
Member since 2011 • 171 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@jsolidus: 500 dollars isn't a big deal, even to casuals. My ps4 and xbox one are both the cheapest part of my entertainment system. And I'd imagine the same for most people if they want a good tv and good sound

if that was the case people wouldn't of whined and cried about the ps3 price and lems wouldn't be jumping for joy over a price cut 3 months after launch...The price did turn off a lot of people, $500 is a big deal to casuals

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

This really isn't indicative of anything other than hype for one game.

I have doubts that this will push your platform hard in that territory for long. Come back after some time has passed.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#27 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

I guess the fake media Titanfall hype worked. Nice work gamespot.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

It's kind of hard to outsell something when you can't keep them in stock long enough.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Lol every console company does it whats new? (When sony had the money they were king of this)

Also the fact most people who played the beta got addicted to it kinda invalidates your argunment.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

Comparing sales to something that is out of stock?

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@Nightflash28 I get your point and you're right in a way but on the other hand why would anything on PS4 be considered a system seller?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 uninspiredcup  Online

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Lol every console company does it whats new? (When sony had the money they were king of this)

Also the fact most people who played the beta got addicted to it kinda invalidates your argunment.

The hardcore pc gamers who play it say it sucks. These people have the best opinions.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

The hardcore pc gamers who play it say it sucks. These people have the best opinions.

Sean is a hardcore PC gamer and he loves it. I use to be a hardcore PC gamer, I love it. It's a damn fine game. Now, the people you speak of are elitist losers with little to no life.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 uninspiredcup  Online

@millerlight89 said:

. Now, the people you speak of are elitist losers with little to no life.

Irrelevant, gaming experts.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Daily best sellers. I remember the Xbone soared up the charts after the DRM reversal, didn't help it.

You want to look at the bestseller archive. Titanshit 6th because it's the only game Xbots have to play. Xbone consoles are at 57th and 62nd. Titanshit bundle nowhere to be seen. System seller?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 I_can_haz

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Daily best sellers. I remember the Xbone soared up the charts after the DRM reversal, didn't help it.

You want to look at the bestseller archive. Titanshit 6th because it's the only game Xbots have to play. Xbone consoles are at 57th and 62nd. Titanshit bundle nowhere to be seen. System seller?

You just killed the OP's hopes and dreams. He was hoping the Titanfall bundle would redeem the Xbone. Him and the other delusional lems on SW seem to think Titanfall alone can save the Xbone from mediocrity while forgetting the game is a multiplat that runs better on PC and is available on the much cheaper 360.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GrenadeLauncher

@I_can_haz said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

You just killed the OP's hopes and dreams. He was hoping the Titanfall bundle would redeem the Xbone. Him and the other delusional lems on SW seem to think Titanfall alone can save the Xbone from mediocrity while forgetting the game is a multiplat that runs better on PC and is available on the much cheaper 360.

The 360 and PC version aren't really shifting here. So the real narrative here is that Titanshit - the "most anticipated game of 2014" - is in reality only coveted by a certain section of the industry who have bought a $500 cablebox and nothing else to play.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Nightflash28 I get your point and you're right in a way but on the other hand why would anything on PS4 be considered a system seller?

Look: a game that I can play on my Xbox 360 is no reason to buy an Xbox One. I hope you see the point I'm trying to make.
I didn't buy a PS4 to play the games I could just as well have gotten for my PS3, I bought it for the stuff that's made for that console. System Sellers are exclusives. Halo has always been a system seller for the Xbox, Gears, etc. Those games were exclusive to the platform and you couldn't play them anywhere else (ignoring that Halo was also released on PC later).

What bugs me is that in reality Titanfall is a cross-gen multiplat; you can play it on the 360 you already own, there's no need to dish out $500 for a new console to play that game. If you own a mid-range PC you can run it just fine... but this is just such a good example how advertising can change people's perception. It's only because it's marketed as a Xbox One system seller that it's becoming one.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts
@Nightflash28 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Look: a game that I can play on my Xbox 360 is no reason to buy an Xbox One. I hope you see the point I'm trying to make.

I didn't buy a PS4 to play the games I could just as well have gotten for my PS3, I bought it for the stuff that's made for that console. System Sellers are exclusives. Halo has always been a system seller for the Xbox, Gears, etc. Those games were exclusive to the platform and you couldn't play them anywhere else (ignoring that Halo was also released on PC later).

What bugs me is that in reality Titanfall is a cross-gen multiplat; you can play it on the 360 you already own, there's no need to dish out $500 for a new console to play that game. If you own a mid-range PC you can run it just fine... but this is just such a good example how advertising can change people's perception. It's only because it's marketed as a Xbox One system seller that it's becoming one.

So people are buying PS4s for knack and killzone, and not for better looking versions of games available on their old systems? I find that hard to believe.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Opus_Rea-333

Titanfall version UK Xbox One still destroying the competing march games like a warrior (funny how the main protagonist of Metal Gear Solid looks like after being beaten by TF right and left)

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Titanfall version UK Xbox One still destroying the competing march games (funny how Snake of MGS looks like after being beaten by TF right and left)

US, Germany, all other europe countries too. I just checked. In my country too, everyone says they buy Titanfall bundeled Xbox One. Xbox One is priced higer than PS4 and it still sells very well.

Titanfall is new HALO

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Titanfall will be huge. Regardless of platform. Regardless of preference.

Massive game will be massive.

Its something to celebrate not damage control just because its not on you're platform of choice.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GrenadeLauncher

@FreedomFreeLife: @Opus_Rea-333:

Meanwhile, in reality.

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@I_can_haz said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The 360 and PC version aren't really shifting here. So the real narrative here is that Titanshit - the "most anticipated game of 2014" - is in reality only coveted by a certain section of the industry who have bought a $500 cablebox and nothing else to play.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Opus_Rea-333

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FreedomFreeLife: @Opus_Rea-333:

Meanwhile, in reality.

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@I_can_haz said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Titanshit? hahahaha omg we got a winner for best comedy writer here.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

To really stick the knife into the Titandrones: PS4 dominating current gen on the Amazon best seller top 20.

Shitbox Done confirmed for Titanshit machine.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Very lame drama post

I didn't say it wasn't available on other consoles just that it was selling better on Xbox One. The fact is you can buy the PS4 or Xbox One right now on amazon, it is not out of stock you can actually still buy the PS4 and either have it delivered from amazon in March or use one of the 48 other sellers to get it now. You can buy Titanfall and you wont get it until March.

LOL at least we get a decent game to play that's not an indie game.

The Xbox One is selling for more had a bad start and is still selling well. Price reduction and Titanfall will start to level the playing field. I think you will find there are more delusional cows thinking the PS4 can do no wrong and Xbox One wont compete.

Most PS4 games run better on PC (old PC indie games especially) so yet again you don't really have a point there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Love Titanfall, but would never waste £400 on such a s*it system... that £400 is easily a great PC upgrade... and lets be honest shall we, watching PC footage due to the twitch reflexes of a mouse and keyboard ona fast game like this is so much more impressive than clunky controllers.

Make the right choice people, get the PC version.