TITANFALL REVIEWS INSIDE -- GS - 9 HYPE MET (Keep it here!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1351  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

@SerOlmy said:

Your first point would not be an issue, and might even get more people to play it if they hadn't completely banned mods, dedicated servers, and custom rules. I say again, the briandead bot farming combined with the lack of mod support or dedicated servers or hell, even custom rules will turn this into another Homefront in less than 6 months.

What's with your obsession of Homefront ? Did you buy the game expecting to play the MP for years and got burned on it or something ? I really don't get it.

I do not see one thing, not one thing that the two games have in common.

Also, I love how you say they completely banned mods, when they actually said they would add mod support post launch.

Also the game has dedicated servers. Though you would've realized that if you played the game or beta...

So yeah, you couldn't be more wrong. And you keep hating on this game without even playing it. And comparing it to Homefront, hahahahahahaha

@SerOlmy said:

it wont last any longer than Homefront.

@SerOlmy said:

will be as dead as Homefront in 6 months time.

@SerOlmy said:

another Homefront

Homefront lol

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#1352  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

Fine, I'm sick of arguing it. The bots are not enjoyable AT ALL and detract from the game. What otherwise might be a decent MP shooter is hamstrung by low players counts and MOBA-style creeps that are nothing more than a boring mechanic to justify low player counts. Even the people who are enjoying it now I wager in 3 months tops are going to come to the same conclusion that running around an MP only game, endlessly farming bots that might as well be furniture and account for as much as 80% of available targets is not fun in the long run. With no way to change how the game works in the form of mods or to set custom rule servers it is just going to compound this even further.

@R4gn4r0k said:

What's with your obsession of Homefront ? Did you buy the game expecting to play the MP for years and got burned on it or something ? I really don't get it.

And, cute but no. I use it because it was an accurate comparison. The devs swore up and down for a year before launch on how amazing the MP would be, and it flopped completely. And no, I am not butthurt since I never bought it.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1353 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8068 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

Why are lemmings claiming ownage over a multiplat?

Every PS4 owner has a PC where they could play Titanfall and PC is probably the best version graphically too so why the ownage? I am really curious.

if every PS4 owner has a gaming PC, then why did they even buy a PS4?.. for Killzone and Knack?.. Surely they didn't buy the PS4 to play inferior versions of Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and etc when they can get the best version graphically on their PC.. I am really curious.

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1354  Edited By MisterXMedia
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

@SerOlmy said:

Fine, I'm sick of arguing it. The bots are not enjoyable AT ALL and detract from the game. What otherwise might be a decent MP shooter is hamstrung by low players counts and MOBA-style creeps that are nothing more than a boring mechanic to justify low player counts. Even the people who are enjoying it now I wager in 3 months tops are going to come to the same conclusion that running around an MP only game, endlessly farming bots that might as well be furniture and account for as much as 80% of available targets is not fun in the long run. With no way to change how the game works in the form of mods or to set custom rule servers it is just going to compound this even further.

You shouldn't have posted this.

All the lems and hermits here don't actually enjoy the game, but are only saying hey do to hide their buyer's remorse.

Oh, an the Xbone continues to show that it's only marginally stronger than last-gen consoles:

http://i.minus.com/i1S2NDI5sWkgH.gif

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1355 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@SerOlmy said:

Are you intentionally ignoring what you've been told? Between what @R4gn4r0k has told you and your continued references to Homefront, I'm beginning to wonder how honest your contributions to this thread are.

Trolling for the sake of trolling typically ends in break time. We as human mods have the luxury of discernment and discretion.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1356  Edited By Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Just got my copy for the Xbox One in the mail and getting ready to fire it up.

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1357  Edited By MisterXMedia

@Antwan3K said:

@Netret0120 said:

Every PS4 owner has a PC where they could play Titanfall and PC is probably the best version graphically too so why the ownage? I am really curious.

if every PS4 owner has a gaming PC, then why did they even buy a PS4?.. for Killzone and Knack?.. Surely they didn't buy the PS4 to play inferior versions of Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and etc when they can get the best version graphically on their PC.. I am really curious.

Because you don't need to have a PC stronger than the PS4 in order to play the game better than the Xbone.

For god's sake, my PC has a GPU slower than the Xbone and can still run the game better than the Xbone can because whoever designed the Xbone APU was incompetent.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1358  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@MisterXMedia said:

All the lems and hermits here don't actually enjoy the game, but are only saying hey do to hide their buyer's remorse.

Oh, an the Xbone continues to show that it's only marginally stronger than last-gen consoles:

Yeah, reviewers can't like this game, they are paid off

And yeah, gamers can't like this game either, they have buyers remorse

Oh wow, let the tears keep coming; they are delicious.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1359 musicalmac  Moderator

@Lord_Omikron666 said:

You're in for a treat.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1360  Edited By SerOlmy

@musicalmac: No, but a lot of people here are being intentionally obtuse that people find the bots in an MP game especially at such a high proportion completely and utterly boring. I really don't care what your or Respawns justifications for including them are. But that fact that no one can even test their BS due to no mods means you cannot even make the claim that it wouldn't work just fine without them.

Also, don't even threaten me with a temp ban. I have not attacked anyone or trolled anyone. In fact I have been directly insulted several times. I am putting forth a valid argument whether you agree with it or not.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1361 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

I love seeing cows on suicide watch. Poor things continue to wait for greatness with nothing worth while to play.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1362 R4gn4r0k

@SerOlmy said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

And, cute but no. I use it because it was an accurate comparison. The devs swore up and down for a year before launch on how amazing the MP would be, and it flopped completely. And no, I am not butthurt since I never bought it.

I never called you butthurt.

And you missed out on a big part of my post. You know, the one where I asked you what Homefront and Titanfall actually have in common.

and the facts that modsupport will be added and there are dedicated servers.

But then again, like @musicalmac I think you are just trolling by now, so I'm sure you will ignore those things further.

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1363  Edited By MisterXMedia

@R4gn4r0k said:

@MisterXMedia said:

Yeah, reviewers can't like this game, they are paid off

And yeah, gamers can't like this game, they have buyers remorse

Oh wow, let the tears keep coming; they are delicious.

Yeah, because people all of a sudden enjoy playing TF2 in a room full of bots. CoD & BF4 players now actually touch the campaign mode.

You'd have to be something special to think that Titanfall is anything other than a CoD AI-killing simulation.

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1364 MisterXMedia

@mrxboxone said:

I love seeing cows on suicide watch. Poor things continue to wait for greatness with nothing worth while to play.

An average PC from 2005 can run TF better than the Xbone because the Xbone engineering team is pathetic.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1365 musicalmac  Moderator

@SerOlmy said:

@musicalmac: No, but a lot of people here are being intentionally obtuse that people find the bots in an MP game especially at such a high proportion completely and utterly boring. I really don't care what your or Respawns justifications for including them are. But that fact that no one can even test their BS due to no mods means you cannot even make the claim that it wouldn't work just fine without them.

So you are ignoring the fact that @R4gn4r0k informed you that mod support is on the way?

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1366  Edited By SerOlmy

@musicalmac said:

@SerOlmy said:

So you are ignoring the fact that @R4gn4r0k informed you that mod support is on the way?

That is fundamentally false. Respawn stated months ago "no intention of releasing mod tools" or supporting mods.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1367 R4gn4r0k

@MisterXMedia said:

Yeah, because people all of a sudden enjoy playing TF2 in a room full of bots. CoD & BF4 players now actually touch the campaign mode.

You'd have to be something special to think that Titanfall is anything other than a CoD AI-killing simulation.

And you'd actually have to play the game to find out it's not.

But of course, you won't do that now would you, as you are a stuck up fanboy

So please, keep crying about this game. Miss out, and let other people, who aren't complete fanboys, have all the fun you won't have :)

And I've seen people play TF2 in the following way: join a server, stay in one spot and do nothing, let your computer run the game for hours, days even just to unlock crap. What an amazing comparison you got there. Brilliant.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1368 R4gn4r0k

@SerOlmy said:

@musicalmac said:

@SerOlmy said:

That is fundamentally false. Respawn stated months ago "no intention of releasing mod tools" or supporting mods.

They also stated in that same statement that "Titanfall is nothing like Homefront"

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1369 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@rogelio22 said:

@Spartan070: still need $60 for xbl :p... seriously this game is mor of an 8. Ive been playin all mornin and cant stand the bots! ( walk into a roomm full of enemies shoot them down only to realize that they were ai and get shot in the back by a human player! Aggrivating I tell u! Shouldve been 12vs12 instead

If you pay $60 for XBL you aren't trying very hard.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1370  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

@SerOlmy said:

@musicalmac said:

@SerOlmy said:

That is fundamentally false. Respawn stated months ago "no intention of releasing mod tools".

Then someone is going to need to provide links either way. In my quick search, I didn't turn up anything definite on either end.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1371  Edited By Antwan3K

@MisterXMedia said:

@Antwan3K said:

@Netret0120 said:

Because you don't need to have a PC stronger than the PS4 in order to play the game better than the Xbone.

For god's sake, my PC has a GPU slower than the Xbone and can still run the game better than the Xbone can because whoever designed the Xbone APU was incompetent.

oh ok, now I understand.. Your PC is weaker than the Xbox One but can still run the game better.. makes sense..

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1372 MisterXMedia

@R4gn4r0k said:

@MisterXMedia said:

So please, keep crying about this game. Miss out, and let other people, who aren't complete fanboys, have all the fun you won't have :)

And I've seen people play TF2 in the following way: join a server, stay in one spot and do nothing, let your computer run the game for hours, days even just to unlock crap. What an amazing comparison you got there. Brilliant.

I have played the game, fool. How ironic that you accuse me of being closed-minded but that you think it's impossible for anyone who has played the game to think it's a shit game.

This game caters to the misinformed. It was intentionally designed to make you think you're more skilled than you really are.

Also, the people who idle for unlocks go to IDLING servers, you Xboner. If you want to play a match, you go to Valve-endorsed/match-making servers, where people don't idle for more than 2-5 minutes.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1373  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50559 Posts

Still can't sign in. ...

Apparently users are having issues logging in now. Just got to wait....

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1374  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@lostrib said:

PC gamer here, I'm having fun with it

Filthy casual.

Hey! I showered this morning!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1375 R4gn4r0k

@musicalmac said:

Then someone is going to need to provide links either way. In my quick search, I didn't turn up anything definite on either end.

Well, it's not definite like I made it seem. but they are considering it

Titanfall has dedicated servers on all platforms, which would've been very apparent to anyone that has played the game :p

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1376 chikenfriedrice

@Lord_Omikron666 said:

GF shipped mine yesterday....I enjoyed the beta, so looking forward to this.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1377 lostrib

@MisterXMedia said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@MisterXMedia said:

I have played the game, fool. How ironic that you accuse me of being closed-minded but that you think it's impossible for anyone who has played the game to think it's a shit game.

This game caters to the misinformed. It was intentionally designed to make you think you're more skilled than you really are.

Also, the people who idle for unlocks go to IDLING servers, you Xboner. If you want to play a match, you go to Valve-endorsed/match-making servers, where people don't idle for more than 2-5 minutes.

Considering it gives you separate scores for number of bots, pilots, and titans killed, that statement is a load of crap

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1378 R4gn4r0k

@MisterXMedia said:

Still, your comparison is shit.

And you come off as a total fanboy in this thread, saying stuff like

"Reviewers are paid off"

"People only like this because they have buyers remorse"

"Anyone who likes this has to be kind of special"

And now you say that I am close minded and can't respect that other people have different opinions about the game ?

LMAO. You are a joke !

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1379  Edited By MisterXMedia

@Antwan3K said:

@MisterXMedia said:

@Antwan3K said:

@Netret0120 said:

oh ok, now I understand.. Your PC is weaker than the Xbox One but can still run the game better.. makes sense..

It can... The Xbone APU is a bottlenecked design. That's why it's barely stronger than the 360.

It will never hit anywhere near 1.3 TF in performance in the real-world.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1380 lostrib

@MisterXMedia said:

@Antwan3K said:

@MisterXMedia said:

@Antwan3K said:

@Netret0120 said:

It can... The Xbone APU is a bottlenecked design. That's why it's barely stronger than the 360.

Please provide sources and benchmarks.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1381 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

Oh MisterX your back. Recovered from the wounds and ready for round 2? same result, you gonna cow

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1382  Edited By MisterXMedia

@R4gn4r0k said:

@MisterXMedia said:

"Reviewers are paid off"

And now you say that I am close minded and can't respect that other people have different opinions about the game ?

LMAO. You are a joke !

I always find it funny how Xbox games always have much higher professional review scores than user scores. Playstation exclusive scores are always much closer.

I dunno. It just seems rather fishy. And you can't blame it on "cow trolls" because the PC versions also have similar user scores to their Xbox counterparts.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1383 lostrib

@lancex2 said:

Oh MisterX your back. Recovered from the wounds and ready for round 2? same result, you gonna cow

To be honest, he never really stopped crying and damage controlling, he just did it in another thread

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1384 R4gn4r0k

@MisterXMedia said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@MisterXMedia said:

"Reviewers are paid off"

LMAO. You are a joke !

I always find it funny how Xbox games always have much higher professional review scores than user scores. Playstation exclusive scores are always much closer.

I dunno. It just seems rather fishy.

Good job completely switching the topic. I'll continue laughing now

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha XD

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#1385  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@MonsieurX:

LOL, that was good.

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1386 MisterXMedia

@lostrib said:

@MisterXMedia said:

@Antwan3K said:

@MisterXMedia said:

@Antwan3K said:

@Netret0120 said:

So why does my PC with an AMD 7770 run Titanfall at 1200p, max settings (except AA) and still run this game at 60 FPS (Some dips to 30) while the Xbone drops all the way down to the single digits with the lowest settings and at 792p?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1387 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@MisterXMedia said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@MisterXMedia said:

"Reviewers are paid off"

LMAO. You are a joke !

I dunno. It just seems rather fishy. And you can't blame it on "cow trolls" because the PC versions also have similar user scores to their Xbox counterparts.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/resistance-2

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1388 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@SerOlmy said:

Also, don't even threaten me with a temp ban. I have not attacked anyone or trolled anyone. In fact I have been directly insulted several times. I am putting forth a valid argument whether you agree with it or not.

valid arguements? WHAT? you've just stated your tired opinion on bots over and over as if it was fact.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1389  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

This is an embarrassment how sites like gamespot didn't pick up this,the game drop frames like there is no tomorrow even when no titans are in use..

I wonder how lemmings will defend this pathetic crap,that game is not even good looking or run at 1080p to have such drastic drops.

MisterXMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1390 MisterXMedia

@tormentos said:

This is an embarrassment how sites like gamespot didn't pick up this,the game drop frames like there is no tomorrow even when no titans are in use..

I wonder how lemmings will defend this pathetic crap,that game is not even good looking or run at 1080p to have such drastic drops.

Embarrassment for gamespot?

More like embarrassment for the Xbone. Just how weak is this POS?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1391 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5883 Posts

@MisterXMedia said:

@lostrib said:

@MisterXMedia said:

@Antwan3K said:

@MisterXMedia said:

@Antwan3K said:

@Netret0120 said:

So why does my PC with an AMD 7770 run Titanfall at 1200p, max settings (except AA) and still run this game at 60 FPS (Some dips to 30) while the Xbone drops all the way down to the single digits with the lowest settings and at 792p?

Hmmmmm

This site says your not quite telling the truth there

http://www.gamersnexus.net/gg/1319-titanfall-pc-video-card-gpu-benchmark

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1392  Edited By Antwan3K

@MisterXMedia said:

@Antwan3K said:

@MisterXMedia said:

@Antwan3K said:

@Netret0120 said:

oh ok.. I was expecting some fanboy gibberish but this is clearly not the case.. thank you for your unbiased and valid points.. Hopefully the rest of the world will begin to see things your way once they open their eyes and see the truth..

But you do agree that anyone with a PC stronger than the PS4 has little reason to own a PS4 at this point right?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#1393  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@SerOlmy said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

And if I get three months of great gaming fun out of it, that would be bad? I didn't play KZ2 for more than 6 weeks after it came out. Like what do you guys want? A game you will be looking to play online 2 years after, even though you know there will have been other games in differing genres that took your attention away. I just don't understand. How long do you have to play and enjoy a game, to have gotten your money's worth.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1394 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@lostrib said:

Not even 1200 posts, fanboys I am disappoint! But we did get to see someone get suspended, so that was funny.

Wish I didn't have work and a paper due, so I could have more guilt-free Titanfall time

who got suspended...

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1395 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

@tormentos: I haven't encounturd anything like that yet. Good thing too, because so far, this shit has been wicked.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1396 Antwan3K

@tormentos: the game runs silky smooth for me.. never saw anything close to that, even in the Beta..

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1397 SerOlmy
@MisterXMedia said:

Embarrassment for gamespot?

More like embarrassment for the Xbone. Just how weak is this POS?

It does the same thing on the PC on good hardware. Blame piss poor coding on the part of Respawn. They take the most well optimized game engine available and make it unstable, that takes some talent.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1398 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

@musicalmac said:

@Lord_Omikron666 said:

You're in for a treat.

I can already tell, I just finished up the tutorial and I'm jumping online.

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Lord_Omikron666 said:

GF shipped mine yesterday....I enjoyed the beta, so looking forward to this.

I didn't have time to try the beta, but since I got the game today I have my entire weekend to play it.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1399 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

Not even 1200 posts, fanboys I am disappoint! But we did get to see someone get suspended, so that was funny.

Wish I didn't have work and a paper due, so I could have more guilt-free Titanfall time

who got suspended...

ronvalencia

haha just joking mate. juarbles

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1400 chikenfriedrice