TITANFALL REVIEWS INSIDE -- GS - 9 HYPE MET (Keep it here!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by musicalmac (22902 posts) -

This thread will become prettier in time -- for now, we'll see what we get.

TITANFALL REVIEWS

OFFICIAL HYPE: AAA/9.0

MetaCritic - 88

GameSpot -- 9.0

Joystiq -- 9.0

Polygon -- 9.0

EGM - 10.0

Other Reviews

Metro: 9/10

In Short: It could do with a few more ancillary options, and a more interesting backstory, but in terms of online gameplay Titanfall is now the game to beat this gen.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (39204 posts) -

9 on Gamespot.

Very nice.

#3 Edited by AdobeArtist (22822 posts) -

The game so big it requires 2 stickies?? :o

#4 Posted by StormyJoe (4901 posts) -
#5 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

Yeah!!!! It hit the hype! Getting this bad boy at midnight for sure!

#6 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3527 posts) -

It seems it's getting a few 9s across the board

#7 Posted by hoyalawya (342 posts) -

Congrats to Respawn, Microsoft and EA.

#8 Posted by HadOne2Many (1255 posts) -

Looking forward to playing tomorrow, I've been missing it since the Beta ended. It will be my go to online shooter for a long time to come.

#9 Edited by finalstar2007 (24964 posts) -

Very nice! i'll get it as soon as it hits $10 on xbox360! or maybe PC its hard to decide argh

#10 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Great review. Im reading the game drops into the single digits on the X1 version from the Giant Bomb review. Good thing I'm getting on PC.

#11 Posted by sts106mat (19029 posts) -

run for your lives!

#12 Edited by Master_Live (14191 posts) -

EHBO.

#13 Edited by PonchoTaco (1976 posts) -

Now for the butthurt to commence.

#14 Posted by yokofox33 (29373 posts) -

Nice. Looks great. Will pick it up the first time it hits 50 bucks or less. Don't wanna pay full price lol

#15 Edited by Master_Live (14191 posts) -

The game so big it requires 2 stickies?? :o

Clearly shows Tintanfall's awesomeness.

#16 Edited by lostrib (34578 posts) -

Well I sucked it up and bought the game, hopefully it doesn't end up being $30 by the end of the month.

Too bad it looks like quite a few reviewers are waiting for the servers to go live before giving a final rating. The IGN review in progress does not sound like they enjoyed it quite as much as gamespot, with some problems with the number of modes, and lack of private games

#17 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3887 posts) -

i dont understand how u can review an online only multiplayer game when its not even out to the masses yet. shouldnt they wait

anyway i couldnt give a sh$t what this game scores, remove the bots and i will buy it otherwise no thanks respawn

#18 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9887 posts) -

Awe cows will be hiding in their barns until it's safe to come out.

Great score!

#19 Posted by Seabas989 (10113 posts) -

Better then I expected.

I need a new PC.

#20 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

It's a COD clone in every aspect. Even in the score.

#21 Posted by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

@yokofox33:

I think you can get it for less at GMG

#22 Edited by hoyalawya (342 posts) -
#23 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

#24 Edited by lhughey (4222 posts) -

Polygon: 9/10 http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/10/5467906/titanfall-review

It sure is quiet in here.

#25 Edited by Scipio8 (618 posts) -

Great, Xbox Once scores another hit, well done Respawn and Microsoft. Don't worry cows, you still got your best shooter Resogun.

#26 Edited by kuu2 (6970 posts) -

Online games get reviewed all the time without servers being live. Just ask BF4 which got an undeserved 8.

#27 Posted by yokofox33 (29373 posts) -

@yokofox33:

I think you can get it for less at GMG

True, but I want to get it for the Xbox One. My PC is capable, but I just don't like gaming on the PC. Plus my friends are getting it for X1 anyway.

#28 Posted by lostrib (34578 posts) -

Nice. Looks great. Will pick it up the first time it hits 50 bucks or less. Don't wanna pay full price lol

its $50 at GMG with a code (http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1zy7jk/gmg_titanfall_10_off_with_code_xxyb8xlhfv7366qfg8/)

#29 Posted by AdobeArtist (22822 posts) -
@juarbles said:

And so the damage control begins :P

#30 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3887 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

^haha did u make this gif? i dont expect to see tomato and gernade launcher in here anytime soon. they wil prob cling to giantbomb saying framerate drops to single digits

#31 Posted by lostrib (34578 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Begins? I believe you mean "continues"

#32 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

i dont understand how u can review an online only multiplayer game when its not even out to the masses yet. shouldnt they wait

anyway i couldnt give a sh$t what this game scores, remove the bots and i will buy it otherwise no thanks respawn

Removing the bots would break the game, bots are not bad once you get used to them. Anyways, 9/10...awwww yisss bow down cows, the new king of multiplayer is here and it's not on poostation 4.

#33 Posted by padaporra (3393 posts) -

Interesting.

#34 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4533 posts) -

So basically PC Game Titanfall scores a 9.

#35 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -

Lol had a quick look at the facebook page and I think the haters have all fled there :P

#36 Posted by Desmonic (13441 posts) -

Hype met, nice.

---

Now to make this comment SW worty:

If only this was exclusive.. poor lems, needing multiplats to survive :P

#37 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Lol COD clone for below average intelligence noobs. No thanks. I stick to real gaming.

#38 Edited by sts106mat (19029 posts) -

@juarbles said:

From the GAmespot review....I quote

"The overarching experience of playing Titanfall is one of rejuvenation and reinvigoration. The sprint speed, the arsenal, the game modes, and more are all firmly derived from some of the most successful online shooters of recent years. But by reinventing the way you move, Titanfall reinvents what it feels like to play a competitive shooter. The high-flying action intertwines beautifully with the brutish, tactical titan battles, creating battlefields that crackle with possibility. Titanfall is a leap forward for shooters, a game that combines the vibrant and new with the tried and true to create something special."

Which is exactly what we've been saying since the beta. time to shut crybaby, you got proved wrong.

#39 Posted by jimmarko21876 (414 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Great, Xbox Once, XBOX360 and PC scores another hit, well done Respawn and Microsoft. Don't worry cows, you still got your best shooter Resogun.

Fixed for accuracy.

@kuu2 said:

Online games get reviewed all the time without servers being live. Just ask BF4 which got an undeserved 8.

Definitely agree with you here! I'm waiting a week or two for user reviews before deciding on getting it for the PC

#40 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -

@juarbles said:

"The overarching experience of playing Titanfall is one of rejuvenation and reinvigoration. The sprint speed, the arsenal, the game modes, and more are all firmly derived from some of the most successful online shooters of recent years. But by reinventing the way you move, Titanfall reinvents what it feels like to play a competitive shooter. The high-flying action intertwines beautifully with the brutish, tactical titan battles, creating battlefields that crackle with possibility. Titanfall is a leap forward for shooters, a game that combines the vibrant and new with the tried and true to create something special."

Which is exactly what we've been saying since the beta. time to shut crybaby, you got proved wrong.

good grief mat don't fall for the bait.

#41 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Lol GS reviewers are in general nothing but dumb noobs. I'll stick to real gaming sources that actually know what a real game looks like.

#42 Posted by PonchoTaco (1976 posts) -

So basically PC Game Titanfall scores a 9.

The review was the Bone version. I'm sure the PC version is technically a 9.5 ;)

#43 Posted by lostrib (34578 posts) -

@juarbles said:

@sts106mat said:

@juarbles said:

Lol GS reviewers are in general nothing but dumb noobs. I'll stick to real gaming sources that actually know what a real game looks like.

if you don't like it or titanfall, then go away

#44 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Congrats, Respawn.

#45 Posted by BigShotSmoov007 (235 posts) -

Just got my copy and installing it now, can't want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#46 Edited by sts106mat (19029 posts) -

Awe cows will be hiding in their barns until it's safe to come out.

Great score!

they are probably busy over at metacritic creating user reviews to bash it

#47 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4041 posts) -

IT MET THE HYPE. lol no way. I didn't see that coming, I had it down for a 7. Looks like I got owned, :-)

Great news for X1 to get another great game.

Inb4 Titanfall Xbox out sold by X, Y and Z despite score.

#48 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -

@juarbles said:

@sts106mat said:

@juarbles said:

You're more than welcome not to grace GS if it makes you so sad and hurt.

#49 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17341 posts) -

@juarbles said:

@sts106mat said:

@juarbles said:

Sour grapes.

#50 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

@juarbles said:

@sts106mat said:

@juarbles said:

Well they are all giving it around 9. So take your pick on who your "real gaming sources" are.