Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

From the German Gamestar preview:

PS4: 1080p, 30fps, minimally sharper textures than XB1, slightly less sharp textures than the "high" setting on PC

XB1: 900p, 30fps, still being worked on

Im Konsolenduell hat derweil die PlayStation 4 eindeutig die Grafiknase vorn. Zwar sind die Texturen etwas unschärfer als bei »hohen« PC-Details, das fällt im normalen TV-Abstand aber kaum auf. Zudem läuft das Hexerabenteuer auf der PS4 in 1080p - allerdings nur mit 30 Frames pro Sekunde, was uns aber nicht stört.

Auf der Xbox One begibt sich Geralt ebenfalls mit 30 fps auf Monsterjagd, aber nur in 900p, die Texturen sehen zudem minimal verwaschener aus als auf der PS4. Allerdings feilt CD Projekt nach eigener Aussage noch an der Xbox-Version, vielleicht können man sie noch auf 1080p hochschrauben, man wolle aber nichts versprechen. Stand jetzt ist das PS4-Bild das schärfere und farbstärkere.

Google translation:

In the duel console PlayStation 4, meanwhile, has clearly ahead of the graph. Although the textures are a bit more blurred than "high" PC details that falls within the normal TV-distance but hardly noticeable. In addition, the witcher adventure runs on the PS4 in 1080p - but only at 30 frames per second, which did not bother us.

On the Xbox One Geralt goes also with 30 fps on monster hunt, but only in 900p, the textures also seen slightly more washed out than on the PS4. However, polishes CD Projekt own words yet on the Xbox version, maybe you can still screw up to 1080p, but you would not promise anything. Stand now is the PS4 image the sharper and stronger color.

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-wi...2,3082308.html

Lil titdbit:

Witcher 3 lead programmer Balazs Torok on DX12:

“I think there is a lot of confusion around what and why DX12 will improve. Most games out there can’t go 1080p because the additional load on the shading units would be too much. For all these games DX12 is not going to change anything. They might be able to push more triangles to the GPU but they are not going to be able to shade them, which defeats the purpose."

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

shut your face

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

No reason for a PS4 if what you care so much about is rez,/ fps get yourself a nice gaming PC and try and find a sucker to buy that PS Bore... Just sayin :P

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Probably a mix or medium and high settings around for both consoles, with maybe some stuff on low for the xbone.

Also, 1080p on the ps4, 900 on xb1. Time for me to eat crow.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58951 Posts

Most console users sit several feet back from the television. Resolution isn't terribly important.

AA is more important. But this is too complicated for the young console people to understand: so they stick to buzz words.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@misterpmedia: First, no one cares anymore about multiplat resolutions; now everyone does? Make up your minds, cows!

Or, is it: WHen XB1 and PS4 have the same resolution and frame rate; no one is supposed to be caring about resolution and framerates. BUT, when the PS4 has a higher resolution, super cows like @misterpmedia are allowed to make a thread about it.

That's how this little game is going to be played, huh?

Cows gonna cow...

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

teh cloud!!! dx12!!!!!

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Probably a mix or medium and high settings around for both consoles, with maybe some stuff on low for the xbone.

Also, 1080p on the ps4, 900 on xb1. Time for me to eat crow.

Hold off on that crow. He did make the Diablo III thread also.

Wait for official word.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By misterpmedia

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia: First, no one cares anymore

lmfao I was gonna put something in the OP saying that this topic would be sponsored by you in some way. Seems my predictions were correct.

I knew your comment would be among the same vein[thus stopped reading there] as your other posts in resolution threads, all stating no-one cares when you make specific effort to come into each and every single one of them and claim that no-one cares while proving the opposite.

You're my favourite masochist stormy, like seriously. Everything you needed to know was in the topic title for you to ignore this entire thread completely. I bathe in your rustled jimmies.

*edit: Your post sounds like you're genuinely annoyed which is only going to make this even funnier. I had to read all of it in the end, was too good to pass up on.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@b4x: No, my crow is because i was expecting 900p/720p.

Looks like 1080p isn't out of reach for next gen consoles with next gen games liek TW3, Batman AK, etc

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

.....So

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@b4x: No, my crow is because i was expecting 900p/720p.

Looks like 1080p isn't out of reach for next gen consoles with next gen games liek TW3, Batman AK, etc

ahh..

eat up. Sorry for interrupting your dinner.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

there's already a thread on this

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@lostrib said:

the awesomeness cant be contained to 1 thread. mine is for pc bashing, this is for mocking lems

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Most console users sit several feet back from the television. Resolution isn't terribly important.

AA is more important. But this is too complicated for the young console people to understand: so they stick to buzz words.

10 to 12 ft away in my case ( depends on which couch I sit ).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58951 Posts

@raugutcon said:

@uninspiredcup said:

10 to 12 ft away in my case ( depends on which couch I sit ).

Unfortunately: pc is the best.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By misterpmedia

@lostrib said:

?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

So the game runs at low-medium settings on consoles. The game on PC was running at high settings (not even ultra) and yet worse textures than that? Still I'm impressed that they achieved 1080p on Ps4.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@lostrib said:

?

ghost warrior's has the same content

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 misterpmedia

@lostrib said:

@misterpmedia said:

@lostrib said:

?

ghost warrior's has the same content

Oh. My b. My OP is better though :(.
But accept lockage, it was worth it for the stormyjoe breakdown.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Can't we at least wait for DF? I bet the PS4 fps dips while the XB1 doesn't.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia: First, no one cares anymore about multiplat resolutions; now everyone does? Make up your minds, cows!

Or, is it: WHen XB1 and PS4 have the same resolution and frame rate; no one is supposed to be caring about resolution and framerates. BUT, when the PS4 has a higher resolution, super cows like @misterpmedia are allowed to make a thread about it.

Cows gonna cow...

If every single console resolution thread is going to make you upset you should really probably stop clicking on them.

I can assure you this won't be the last one.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By misterpmedia

@chikenfriedrice said:

of course it will dip, it's doing more than the Xbone version lol. I'd rather the console be pushed than worry about slight dips I won't notice.

However if there is substantial dipping, like low low 20s or sub 20 then that's bad joojoo.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

of course it will dip, it's doing more than the Xbone version lol. I'd rather the console be pushed than worry about slight dips I won't notice.

However if there is substantial dipping, like low low 20s or sub 20 then that's bad joojoo.

Yeah but will it have more foliage? It might not be worth it, if it is a stuttering mess like the last face off.

Also, I was thinking of this hairstyle. Whatcha think?

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Lol console graphics comparisons.

Ill be playing this at 1.2K, maxed and above 30fps.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 StormyJoe

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia: First, no one cares anymore

lmfao I was gonna put something in the OP saying that this topic would be sponsored by you in some way. Seems my predictions were correct.

I knew your comment would be among the same vein[thus stopped reading there] as your other posts in resolution threads, all stating no-one cares when you make specific effort to come into each and every single one of them and claim that no-one cares while proving the opposite.

You're my favourite masochist stormy, like seriously. Everything you needed to know was in the topic title for you to ignore this entire thread completely. I bathe in your rustled jimmies.

*edit: Your post sounds like you're genuinely annoyed which is only going to make this even funnier. I had to read all of it in the end, was too good to pass up on.

Ironic, since you obviously did not read my comment.

In one thread, cows say resolution doesn't matter (because the PS4 and Xb1 have the same resolution); in another thread, it's all about the resolution.

Again, cows gonna cow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Dire_Weasel said:

@StormyJoe said:

Cows gonna cow...

If every single console resolution thread is going to make you upset you should really probably stop clicking on them.

I can assure you this won't be the last one.

you better shut your mouth if you want more AC unities to occur keep this threads coming and microsoft will make ps4/pc versions look and run like trash just keep this up buddy

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

you better shut your mouth if you want more AC unities to occur keep this threads coming and microsoft will make ps4/pc versions look and run like trash just keep this up buddy

Are you aware that literally every post you make is s**t?

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I am playing the PC version anyway, so this is all for not but if I were to get a console version I would rather have a steady frame rate than a res bump. Just me.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

or PC = anything the **** you want.

these are weak sauce and only good for sports titles.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

and PC 2160p@60fps

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@b4x said:

Hold off on that crow. He did make the Diablo III thread also.

Wait for official word.

I am not saying he is but Diablo 3 run in 1080p 60FPS even on a 7770 on PC,so the xbox one not been there and needing a patch was a joke in the first place.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 misterpmedia

@StormyJoe said:

In one thread, cows say resolution doesn't matter (because the PS4 and Xb1 have the same resolution); in another thread, it's all about the resolution.

Again, cows gonna cow.

I did read it, all I got from it was you caring too much about resolution threads while whining about how no-one cares about resolution threads. Also when has an Xbone game's resolution been higher than a PS4's resolution? If there was an Xbone game that had a higher res than a PS4 game you'd fucking bet they'd be thread lol. I'd expect it actually.

Also which thread? Please point me to it. Let me guess, it will be one where both res's are the same? Amirite?

stormylem gonna lem.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By misterpmedia

@ProtossRushX said:

OK this guy has successfully passed Stormyjoe. We have a new winner. IIRC, regarding Unity, it only took a couple of patches to make it an equal train wreck as the Xbone version in frame rate terms.

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 btk2k2
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@btk2k2 said:

@StormyJoe said:

Cows gonna cow...

When did you go full lemtard?

Last gen remasters that run the same are neither here nor there, it is the same as upgrading your PC GPU and turning up the settings, at a certain point you have maxed the game even on a less than top end GPU, does not mean your hardware has caught up with the top line stuff though.

Cross gen games are more hit and miss depending on where the devs are putting their eggs although from this point forwards they are likely to be built around current gen and ported to last gen.

Current gen games that have the same performance and resolution on PS4 and Xbox One are worth posting about as it is unusual. Chances are though, outside of a few outliers *cough* Unity *cough* the PS4 version will come out on top.

Full lemtard? I am just pointing out that when there is no difference in resolution, cows renounce it being an issue (such as in games liek AC:Unity). If there is one, it's as if the sky has fallen and the game is unplayable on Xb1.

I care more about it when the XB1 matches the PS4 in a current gen game than vice versa because there is a hardware disparity and it not showing in the final product is a curiosity. In the case of Unity that game just seems unfinished. Like they got to the beta stage and just released it before it did its QA and optimisation runs. I felt the same about Destiny to a degree although in that instance both games were 1080p 30 so the only differences to expect are effects or AA/AF so it felt less like they were leaving performance on the table as they had hit 1080p and their frame rate target.

In the case of remasters or older ports I kind of expect 1080p 30 on both, or 1080p 60 in some cases. Even then the Xbox One does fall behind such as in Metro Redux where it is a lower resolution.

In this case 900p vs 1080p is totally expected due to the hardware so it is not really news worthy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

No reason for a PS4 if what you care so much about is rez,/ fps get yourself a nice gaming PC and try and find a sucker to buy that PS Bore... Just sayin :P

Gonna be tough building a PC that'll run the same settings as the PS4 for the same price though wouldn't it?

I don't think your point stands anyway, given the PS4 and Xbox One are basically the same price why wouldn't you pick the PS4 and get the better performance if you're just bothered about multiplats? If i were buying choosing between two GPUs for example that were a similar price i'd be picking the one with the better performance, not going meh, i don't care and just lumping for either.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

shut your face

lol he mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-60bf765068a74

I don't understand why PC owners aren't defending themselves in this thread they looked at the video and are now are like saying it looks bad

PS4 version isn't gonna look any better an it only is 30 FPS and look the hair difference

PC PPL DEFEND urselves vs this thread the poster doesn't own a gaming pc and its mainly cows attacking you in here with bad graphic card pcs

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StormyJoe

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

Again, cows gonna cow.

I did read it, all I got from it was you caring too much about resolution threads while whining about how no-one cares about resolution threads. Also when has an Xbone game's resolution been higher than a PS4's resolution? If there was an Xbone game that had a higher res than a PS4 game you'd fucking bet they'd be thread lol. I'd expect it actually.

Also which thread? Please point me to it. Let me guess, it will be one where both res's are the same? Amirite?

stormylem gonna lem.

Really? That's fascinating, since most of the "Teh PS4 has better resoluion!" threads are created... by you.

I see you did not read my post at all, since I am sure you have the comprehension skills to understand it: cows say resolution doesn't mean anything when there's parity, but resolution is a huge thing when the PS4 has an advantage.

I am referring to this thread, or you can go look up the Assassin's Creed: Unity threads.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By misterpmedia

@ProtossRushX said:

I don't understand why PC owners aren't defending themselves in this thread they looked at the video and are now are like saying it looks bad

PS4 version isn't gonna look any better an it only is 30 FPS and look the hair difference

PC PPL DEFEND urselves vs this thread the poster doesn't own a gaming pc and its mainly cows attacking you in here with bad graphic card pcs

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By misterpmedia

@StormyJoe said:

Really? That's fascinating, since most of the "Teh PS4 has better resoluion!" threads are created... by you.

I see you did not read my post at all, since I am sure you have the comprehension skills to understand it: cows say resolution doesn't mean anything when there's parity, but resolution is a huge thing when the PS4 has an advantage.

I am referring to this thread, or you can go look up the Assassin's Creed: Unity threads.

So what if they're made by me? Who cares?[YOUR WORDS LOL] If they won't be made by me they'll be made by another person lol

I did read it but it was nonsense about "cows say this, cow say that" garbage which falls under the "caring about resolution threads by whining about how no-one cares", we can't all see through your jaded lensed narrative of what happens on system wars you know. Your jimmies are so far rustled standing next to you would seem like a hurricane attacking a tropical rain forest's canopy.

Again, as I predicted, a thread where there isn't resolution disparity, so where would the news be there? There would be news if Ass Unity was 1080p on Xbone and 900p on PS4, which it wasn't.

Ready for your next one Stormylem, keep them coming.

edit: also here's you actually caring too: "If there is one, it's as if the sky has fallen and the game is unplayable on Xb1." In your above comment to that other user.

second edit: The bold is also another reason you're really here, which pleases me greatly.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Glad I got superior PS4 CE edition coming.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@Heil68 said:

Notice the shirt. Lol.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Heil68 said:

Notice the shirt. Lol.

hahaha :D

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

I wish people like you could be banned merely for idiocy.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Wait until launch