Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@StormyJoe: from a pure objective standpoint, it just smells like a victory for the PS4 and you seem a bit bitter and dissapointed and butthurt, even after the "June and November SDK", wait until next year maybe Stormyjoe lmao, "DX12 tho"

At launch: XBox One games: 720p, PS4 games: 1080p

Since the June Update: Xbox One games 900p/1080p, Ps4 games: 1080p

Yeah, it did nothing...

There was already some 1080p titles for Xbox One at launch although very rare (Forza Motorsport)

I didnt say it doesnt do anything, it's just funny how some borderline delusional lemmings here were claiming parity and all 1080p titles after this

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia: Just because I like the Xb1, that doesn't make me a lemming.

That's almost as good as "I have all the consoles, therefore I'm not a fanboy.". It's not gonna sit I'm afraid, jadedlem.

Quoted For Truth..

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

@StormyJoe: from a pure objective standpoint, it just smells like a victory for the PS4 and you seem a bit bitter and dissapointed and butthurt, even after the "June and November SDK", wait until next year maybe Stormyjoe lmao, "DX12 tho"

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

He is because he is emotionally invested in the topic,since he argue with me early on the gen that software updates would close the gap but so far it hasn't,so he is quite desperate to see the gap get close and parity achieve,i remember how he use Destiny to claim parity was achieved....hahaha

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia: Just because I like the Xb1, that doesn't make me a lemming.

That's almost as good as "I have all the consoles, therefore I'm not a fanboy.". It's not gonna sit I'm afraid, jadedlem.

Quoted For Truth..

@xboxiphoneps3 said:

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

He is because he is emotionally invested in the topic,since he argue with me early on the gen that software updates would close the gap but so far it hasn't,so he is quite desperate to see the gap get close and parity achieve,i remember how he use Destiny to claim parity was achieved....hahaha

You just admitted that software updates did close the gap, and bring the Xb1 closer to parity.

Are there two Tormentos?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Fucking hypocrisy of cows and lems is mind blowing, last gen when Multiplats ran Sub HD on Ps3 ( RDR) Cows claimed they couldn't tell the difference.

'It looks the same to me'

And lems claimed it did.

Now it appears both have done a complete U-Turn.

900p? 1080p? who really gives a **** as long as you are able to play the game.

Kind of Ironic considering Cows had no problem playing inferior versions of game available on the original Xbox and gamecube 6th gen and inferior multiplats in the 7th gen, now all of a sudden Resolution is the only deciding factor on which version is better.

Saying that, it's the first time a PS console has won inthe superior multiplats department so they are going to milk that bitch for all they can.

Lol at Lems using the same arguments the Cows used last gen.

'it looks the same to me'

I will stick to playing witcher battle Arena on my tablet thanks.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@delta3074 said:

Fucking hypocrisy of cows and lems is mind blowing, last gen when Multiplats ran Sub HD on Ps3 ( RDR) Cows claimed they couldn't tell the difference.

And lems claimed it did.

Kind of Ironic considering Cows had no problem playing inferior versions of game available on the original Xbox and gamecube 6th gen and inferior multiplats in the 7th gen, now all of a sudden Resolution is the only deciding factor on which version is better.

Saying that, it's the first time a PS console has won inthe superior multiplats department so they are going to milk that bitch for all they can.

The problem is simple the PS3 got fu** in the multiplatforms department because it was hard to code for,and arrived 1 year late which basically warranty that games were done on xbox 360 first them basically ported to PS3 without any optimization so bad it was that Activision fu**ing forgot to remove a message from COD which read no party chat available during a move on the freaking PS3 version since when the fu** the PS3 has party chat.?

On the PS2 gen it wasn't even comparable man,the PS2 got so many games the xbox and GC didn't get if wasn't even funny to look at the other 2 consoles,i ask you this what is better playing a worse aliased version of madden on PS2 while you enjoy the truck load of games it had,or get the softer looking xbox version and miss a truck load of games which never make it to the xbox or GC.?

Hell the PS2 era wasn't even a fair fight the xbox arrived almost 2 years latter not March 2000 like the PS2 or like the XBO and PS4 the same month while one was weaker and more expensive.

Fact is lemmings have ride graphics for 2 generations in a row and now all the sudden graphics don't matter..lol

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

Also from the article.

"The Witcher 3 looks excellent on High and presents itself on the PC, as expected, with better antialiasing, stronger colors, sharper textures, and more shader and lighting effects than on the consoles. Polished leather armor shimmers slightly on the PC, but not on the PS4 or the Xbox. Moreover, ground details such as bunches of grass pop in at just five to seven meters in front of Geralt on the consoles, while the detailed sight distance on the PC amounts to roughly twice that."

Especially happy with the improved LOD distance. I freaking hate texture/object pop in.

@sts106mat said:

getting whichever one gets the exclusive content

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/20/the-witcher-3-wont-have-platform-exclusive-content

quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

is this what they call next gen? pathetic.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13659 Posts

Can you imagine boasting about a game being 30fps? lol pathetic.

I want these consoles to prove what they can do at 1080p 60fps.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Not much. Generally speaking, if having high frame rate is important to you, get a PC.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#160 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@quebec946 said:

Most gamers on here don't have a clue what "Next Gen" means. They weren't even alive with the phrase was first used. lol!! Has nothing to do with resolution fps or how much better a game looks on one hardware.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@blackace said:
@quebec946 said:

Most gamers on here don't have a clue what "Next Gen" means. They weren't even alive with the phrase was first used. lol!! Has nothing to do with resolution fps or how much better a game looks on one hardware.

I doubt it has much to do with corridor shooter rehashes either.

True next gen games like StarCitizen can't be found on consoles.

s0ldier69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 s0ldier69
Member since 2005 • 2281 Posts

So I can get it on the Xbox at 900p, which comes with a full and vibrant color palette? Not flat and washed out like the ps4 version? Cool. Pre-ordered.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

@s0ldier69 said:

So I can get it on the Xbox at 900p, which comes with a full and vibrant color palette? Not flat and washed out like the ps4 version? Cool. Pre-ordered.

I think you're confused with black crush to better color reproduction.

1080p is still infinitely better on a native 1080p tv tho.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#164 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm getting the Xbox One version

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 HalcyonScarlet

@GiantAssPanda said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Not much. Generally speaking, if having high frame rate is important to you, get a PC.

And that's what I did this gen.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#166 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

getting the 2nd best version, PS4

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm just glad Witcher 3 isn't cross gen crap.

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

Pretty sad considering the graphics have already been downgraded.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By SolidTy

@s0ldier69 said:

The Xbone crushes blacks. If you want to crush blacks, you can do it on all your PS4 as well.

@gpuking said:

@s0ldier69 said:

I think you're confused with black crush to better color reproduction.

1080p is still infinitely better on a native 1080p tv tho.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By SolidTy
@HalcyonScarlet said:

@GiantAssPanda said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Yes, but this was always going to play out this way. You should have gotten a PC five gens ago.

Devs aren't going to push 60fps on static hardware if that means compromising graphical fidelity, just like the gens before this.

Devs are going to create the game for consoles then port it to PC and let upgradeable PC GPUs, RAM, and CPU push the console port further. It's always going to be the same for static console hardware.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 HalcyonScarlet

@SolidTy said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

@GiantAssPanda said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Yes, but this was always going to play out this way. You should have gotten a PC five gens ago.

Devs aren't going to push 60fps if that means compromising graphical fidelity, just like the gens before this.

But the other gens weren't so unbelievably unimpressive. And there were far more console only games on previous gens, be it multiplat or otherwise.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By SolidTy

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@SolidTy said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

@GiantAssPanda said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Devs aren't going to push 60fps on static hardware if that means compromising graphical fidelity, just like the gens before this.

Devs are going to create the game for consoles then port it to PC and let upgradeable PC GPUs, RAM, and CPU push the console port further. It's always going to be the same for static console hardware.

But the other gens weren't so unbelievably unimpressive. And there were far more console only games on previous gens, be it multiplat or otherwise.

If you had a PC they were unbelievably unimpressive.

As far as console only games, the gen is far too early to know how things will play out. Right now it's not looking good, but who's to say what the next six years hold. We just came off of a terrible gaming year (tons of sad last gen ports/cross gen multiplats), 2014, which doesn't help the console argument, but one year does not a generation make.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Multiplats look better on a more powerful console when devs don't purposely hold versions back for parity? Shocking.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@SolidTy said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@SolidTy said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

@GiantAssPanda said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

As far as console only games, the gen is far too early to know how things will play out. Right now it's not looking good, but who's to say what the next six years hold.

We used to have graphical leaps.

Not really too early. Practically all multiplats and "console exclusives" are going to the PC. The X1 and PS4 are getting 3 or 4 actual retail exclusives a year each. Before most multiplats were 360/PS3 and gradually the PC became more involved.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By SolidTy
@HalcyonScarlet said:

@SolidTy said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

As far as console only games, the gen is far too early to know how things will play out. Right now it's not looking good, but who's to say what the next six years hold. We just came off of a terrible gaming year (tons of sad last gen ports/cross gen multiplats), 2014, which doesn't help the console argument, but one year does not a generation make.

How is it far too early. Practically all multiplats and "console exclusives" are going to the PC. The X1 and PS4 are getting 3 or 4 actual retail exclusives a year each. Before most multiplats were 360/PS3 and gradually the PC became more involved.

With all the cross gen multiplats of 2014 (more than I can remember in all my years), we have yet to see the graphical leaps of the modern hardware yet. Then after we get the "graphical leaps" of 1st gen software, those games will still only be 1st gen software, free of the constraints of cross gen, but still novice engines for the new hardware that will be optimized in more games.

However, we have yet to get to the 1st gen software phase on the new hardware for the most part. We are seeing inklings of proper 1st gen Xbone/PS4 games this year. The huge talent and big guns also need to weigh in on the hardware and are still making their games.

As I said, 2014 was a remarkably unimpressive year and didn't showcase the hardware well, however one year does not a console make.

Bottom line, the console gen is far from over. However, for 60fps or 240fps, play the console ports on PC. Devs want the pretty art on the back of the box to be optimized to sell more copies, hence 30fps cap just like previous gens. The PS2 did 60fps (Devil May Cry, Ratchet and Clank 1-3, etc) in some games, but dropping that by half improve graphics which pubs want to sell more games. That's how static hardware works, since it can't be upgraded, they will always push the graphics harder than fps.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 HalcyonScarlet

@SolidTy said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

@SolidTy said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

How is it far too early. Practically all multiplats and "console exclusives" are going to the PC. The X1 and PS4 are getting 3 or 4 actual retail exclusives a year each. Before most multiplats were 360/PS3 and gradually the PC became more involved.

With all the cross gen multiplats of 2014 (more than I can remember in all my years), we have yet to see the graphical leaps of the modern hardware yet. Then after we get the "graphical leaps" of 1st gen software, those games will still only be 1st gen software, free of the constraints of cross gen, but still novice engines for the new hardware that will be optimized in more games.

As I said, 2014 was a remarkably unimpressive year and didn't showcase the hardware well, however one year does not a console make.

Don't buy it. Previous consoles showed more potential in things to come early on. Things will get marginally better, but I don't expect any big leaps. Alarm bells rang when I heard 'APUs' when the consoles were revealed.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 SolidTy
@HalcyonScarlet said:

@SolidTy said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

However, we have yet to get to the 1st gen software phase on the new hardware for the most part. We are seeing inklings of proper 1st gen Xbone/PS4 games this year. The huge talent and big guns also need to weigh in on the hardware and are still making their games.

Bottom line, the console gen is far from over. However, for 60fps or 240fps, play the console ports on PC. Devs want the pretty art on the back of the box to be optimized to sell more copies, hence 30fps cap just like previous gens. The PS2 did 60fps (Devil May Cry, Ratchet and Clank 1-3, etc) in some games, but dropping that by half improve graphics which pubs want to sell more games. That's how static hardware works, since it can't be upgraded, they will always push the graphics harder than fps.

Don't buy it. Previous consoles showed more potential in things to come early on. Things will get marginally better, but I don't expect any big leaps. Alarm bells rang when I heard 'APUs' when the consoles were revealed.

I hear ya. I remember feeling the way you felt years/gens ago, but I learned over time about optimization of these static hardware consoles. Long story short, I'll guess we'll see.

I think we will be impressed come a few years from now when the big gun devs weigh in.

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

I remember I used to be very hyped for this game. But after the delays and downgrades my hype has has been reduced a lot. Still hoping it turns out somewhat good though.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

Having owned the PS4 since launch and the Xbox One since August, I can safely say that both consoles are weak as shit. I'm enjoying some of the games, don't get me wrong, but power-wise I expected MUCH more after an eight year wait. What makes it worse is that Sony claims the PS4 will last as long if not longer than the PS3! Our phones will be able to put out better graphics by then if not sooner.

People still drool over Killzone: Shadow Fall for example. Yeah it was a good looking gaame at times, but definitely not anything I hadn't already seen on my aging PC. My PC is about to be three years old and my GeForce 660Ti is still able to outdo the PS4/XBO in every game that I've thrown at it to compare. However, in preparation for The Witcher 3 I'm doing a completely new build, complete with two GeForce 970's so that I can get the framerate I want at the resolution and detail settings I want. Think about this: After my new machine is built (which still won't even have the most powerful graphics card available), it will be more powerful than the PS4 or Xbox One for the rest of their lifetimes, which according to Sony, will be 2020 at least. PC's will be so far ahead of consoles at the end of this generation it won't even be funny.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

@SuddenlyTragic said:

Having owned the PS4 since launch and the Xbox One since August, I can safely say that both consoles are weak as shit. I'm enjoying some of the games, don't get me wrong, but power-wise I expected MUCH more after an eight year wait. What makes it worse is that Sony claims the PS4 will last as long if not longer than the PS3! Our phones will be able to put out better graphics by then if not sooner.

People still drool over Killzone: Shadow Fall for example. Yeah it was a good looking gaame at times, but definitely not anything I hadn't already seen on my aging PC. My PC is about to be three years old and my GeForce 660Ti is still able to outdo the PS4/XBO in every game that I've thrown at it to compare. However, in preparation for The Witcher 3 I'm doing a completely new build, complete with two GeForce 970's so that I can get the framerate I want at the resolution and detail settings I want. Think about this: After my new machine is built (which still won't even have the most powerful graphics card available), it will be more powerful than the PS4 or Xbox One for the rest of their lifetimes, which according to Sony, will be 2020 at least. PC's will be so far ahead of consoles at the end of this generation it won't even be funny.

Only that you're doing it all wrong. See it's gonna take years for any game to fully utilize the power of sli 970 and by the time it happens, we'll have PS5 right around the corner with power 2-3 times of 970sli. Sure the PS4 will be continue selling but that doesn't mean Sony wont release new product before it reaches the life span.

So yeah consoles will be as competitive as ever.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 SuddenlyTragic

@gpuking said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

Only that you're doing it all wrong. See it's gonna take years for any game to fully utilize the power of sli 970 and by the time it happens, we'll have PS5 right around the corner with power 2-3 times of 970sli. Sure the PS4 will be continue selling but that doesn't mean Sony wont release new product before it reaches the life span.

So I won't be utilizing the power of SLI 970's by playing all of my games - Witcher 3 included - in 4K on the 4K TV I got on Black Friday? Keep dreaming of your PS5 though, maybe it will be able to play games in 4K sometime next decade..

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#182 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@gpuking said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

So I won't be utilizing the power of SLI 970's by playing all of my games - Witcher 3 included - in 4K on the 4K TV I got on Black Friday? Keep dreaming of your PS5 though, maybe it will be able to play games in 4K sometime next decade..

Yeah you'll be fine, PS4 can't even reach its theoretical max performance, it's getting smoked by the weaker 750Ti/260X.

The game should have good scaling, being an NVIDIA title and CDPR.

Of course you can always wait 7 years and pick up the remastered edition for PS5, at 30fps and sub-4K.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I'm not really into all the tech geek talk but I certainly can't wait to play it on the Xbox One. Going to be a phenomenal game. Hopefully as refreshing as Witcher 2 was on the Xbox 360 for me.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@gpuking said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/?type=face-off , almost any current gen game I click on: (Each from a diff article),

"We can't help but feel that Xbox One under-delivers while the PC game is much closer to the experience the developers set out to create."

"Anyone with a decent gaming PC should definitely stick to the computer version as it offers excellent scalability alongside further improved visuals."

"While the consoles battle it out with their relatively minor plus and minus points, it's the PC that powers away from the pack to take the prize. This may be a bit of a no-brainer, but 60fps gameplay makes a big difference".

"The PC version remains the best edition of the game available."

"The PC edition is easy to recommend for the premier Resident Evil playthrough; a release that scales to lower-end GPUs gracefully, while adding perks such as 60fps support and improved anti-aliasing."

"At just 3GB in size, Ground Zeroes is a nimble and polished sample of the Fox Engine on PC - it takes the excellent PlayStation 4 game and provides enough in the way of upgrades to make us eagerly await a more thorough work-out for the technology in The Phantom Pain."

"The end result is that only the new PC version lives up to its Definitive Edition moniker."

"The final analysis, the PC game is the definitive version of Alien: Isolation."

"Those looking for something closer to the best possible experience should really opt for the PC version."

"If you have a powerful PC, however, we'd have to recommend this version."

"It's clear that if you have the muscle, the PC version is going to provide the best experience"

"That particular honour goes to the PC version of Lords of the Fallen."

@gpuking said:

as competitive as ever.

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

@SuddenlyTragic said:

Yeah its a joke, we'll probably see refreshes in 3-4 years. Both are just far to weak.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

The Witcher 3 will require around 50GB of install space on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, its developer has confirmed to GameSpot. Same size on both the X1 and PS4, looks like it will look about the same on both so I will get it on my favorite console the X1.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#187 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@delta3074 said:

And lems claimed it did.

I applaud this comment. First of its kind I think. A comment that actually refers to both of the factions instead of just one of them, like some jaded lems have done ITT.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@gpuking said:

Your an idiot ... ever heard of 1440p,1600p, 4k, and multi monitor resolutions? guess not. PS5 around the corner? lol Sony wont release another Playstation for another 4-5 years which means 2019-2020...... Competitive in what way? with sub standards in resolutions and graphics vs what is available elsewhere.... Sony wont pull another PS3, they will design around TDP and budget limit to break even and or make a profit from the start. Which means it will be behind the hardware curve once again.

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

Why are we fighting? the game was not finished they have months to go can we not wait until they have released it before we rip our pants off and show off how big our gaming member is?

Robert_Mueller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Robert_Mueller
Member since 2015 • 164 Posts
@SuddenlyTragic said:

Bla, bla, bla. They are powerful enough. There is no rule that consoles must outperform gaming PCs hardware-wise. Average smartphones will most likely not have better graphics by then, and even if they had, you could play like half an hour before the battery was empty.

People still drool over Killzone: Shadow Fall for example. Yeah it was a good looking gaame at times, but definitely not anything I hadn't already seen on my aging PC. My PC is about to be three years old and my GeForce 660Ti is still able to outdo the PS4/XBO in every game that I've thrown at it to compare.

The average 3 year old PC does not have a 660Ti.

However, in preparation for The Witcher 3 I'm doing a completely new build, complete with two GeForce 970's so that I can get the framerate I want at the resolution and detail settings I want. Think about this: After my new machine is built (which still won't even have the most powerful graphics card available), it will be more powerful than the PS4 or Xbox One for the rest of their lifetimes, which according to Sony, will be 2020 at least. PC's will be so far ahead of consoles at the end of this generation it won't even be funny.

Don't you think that it is somehow braindead to compare consoles with dual graphics card PCs?

By the way: You were able to build a PC that was better than the last gen consoles shortly after their launch. So what's the point? Why should Sony risk another PS3 disaster if the PC will overtake very soon anyway?

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 SuddenlyTragic

@robert_mueller said:
@SuddenlyTragic said:

Bla, bla, bla. They are powerful enough. There is no rule that consoles must outperform gaming PCs hardware-wise. Average smartphones will most likely not have better graphics by then, and even if they had, you could play like half an hour before the battery was empty.

Sorry if I want my year old console that I've been waiting on for eight years to be better than "powerful enough" and not already be getting trounced by PC hardware right out of the gate. At least the 360 and PS3 had a slight edge for a little while. And what do you mean by "average smartphone?" Most people have an iPhone or Android that are capable of playing games running the Unreal 3 Engine. The iPhone 4 can and came out four years ago to put it into perspective.

d:

People still drool over Killzone: Shadow Fall for example. Yeah it was a good looking gaame at times, but definitely not anything I hadn't already seen on my aging PC. My PC is about to be three years old and my GeForce 660Ti is still able to outdo the PS4/XBO in every game that I've thrown at it to compare.

The average 3 year old PC does not have a 660Ti.

Where did I say the average 3 year old PC has a 660Ti? The fact is that the 600 series is quickly being considered the minimum requirement in many upcoming games yet it outperforms both consoles.

However, in preparation for The Witcher 3 I'm doing a completely new build, complete with two GeForce 970's so that I can get the framerate I want at the resolution and detail settings I want. Think about this: After my new machine is built (which still won't even have the most powerful graphics card available), it will be more powerful than the PS4 or Xbox One for the rest of their lifetimes, which according to Sony, will be 2020 at least. PC's will be so far ahead of consoles at the end of this generation it won't even be funny.

Don't you think that it is somehow braindead to compare consoles with dual graphics card PCs?

By the way: You were able to build a PC that was better than the last gen consoles shortly after their launch. So what's the point? Why should Sony risk another PS3 disaster if the PC will overtake very soon anyway?

Don't you think it's "braindead" for people to be arguing about the Witcher 3 at 30fps in 900p or at 30fps in 1080p. You're not going to be able to tell the difference between the two versions, I can guarantee you that (unless you're carefully expecting side-by-side screenshots, but nothing that would be noticed while actually playing the game).

And I'm not following your second question. What are you referring to by "another PS3 disaster?"

Robert_Mueller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Robert_Mueller
Member since 2015 • 164 Posts
@SuddenlyTragic said:

Sorry if I want my year old console that I've been waiting on for eight years to be better than "powerful enough" and not already be getting trounced by PC hardware right out of the gate. At least the 360 and PS3 had a slight edge for a little while.

Maybe you somehow did not hear about it, but the PS3 was quite disastrous for Sony from a financial point of view. And the 360 was not much better for MS. They were simply too expensive to produce and too unreliable during the first years after launch. You must be able to sell a console for 400 bucks without losing money shortly after the launch.

Don't you think it's "braindead" for people to be arguing about the Witcher 3 at 30fps in 900p or at 30fps in 1080p. You're not going to be able to tell the difference between the two versions, I can guarantee you that (unless you're carefully expecting side-by-side screenshots, but nothing that would be noticed while actually playing the game).

Yes, here you are right. Indeed, it *is* braindead.

Then again, I like the overall design choices of the PS4 better than those of the XBO, and I also like Sony's 1st party studios. Thus, I would always prefer the PS4 over the XBO.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

lol

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

OUTRAGEOUS

How can this be with the new sdk, esram, cloud and so on?!!!!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#195 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@ProtossRushX said:

shut your face

lol he mad

he sounds as if he's mad.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

As a pc gamer I would gladly take a lower resolution than that if it meant it could be played at 60fps. This 30 fps crap is so bad.