the time when xbox one ""backwards"" compatibility shows to be useless

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@davillain- said:
@charizard1605 said:
@aigis said:

It is sad that they even call it bc, when it isnt

It is BC

I know GS doesn't like bumping threads for more then 2 weeks but, is this thread okay to continue?

Yeah, it's fine

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@dino7c said:

I have been saying this for 2 years...its all marketing spin. Unless like 99% of games work its not "backwards compatible"

The average consumer hears that and thinks the vast majority of their game willl work, which is obviously false

Its a fine feature, better than nothing, ect. ect.....XBONE is NOT backwards compatible though

@WitIsWisdom said:

OP don't even get this crowd started... lol. They will tell you EXACTLY WHY it is full backwards compatibility.

For the record... it isn't backward compatible at all.

@Heil68 said:

Clearly its not true BC.

^This!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@charizard1605: Cool, just wanted to make sure for future info.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#105 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@aigis said:

It is BC

Its pseudo BC, the only console that had true BC was wii u.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#106 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:
@aigis said:

It is BC

Its pseudo BC, the only console that had true BC was wii u.

You're confusing backwards compatibility (an umbrella term for new generation hardware/software being compatible with its predecessor) with native compatibility (the ability for new hardware to run its predecessor's software, because it either uses the same hardware as its predecessor, or iterates upon it). Native compatibility is a subset of backwards compatibility (i.e. a type of it), but the two are absolutely not the same, and backwards compatibility is possible to achieve (and indeed far more common) via software based solutions (which is exactly what Microsoft have utilized with the Xbox One).

Native compatibility may be 'truer' but software based backwards compatibility (usually achieved via emulation) has its own perks and benefits, such as enhancing older software with newer features that simply didn't exist at the time of the older software's release- which is in fact something we do see with Microsoft's BC.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#107  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

You're confusing backwards compatibility (an umbrella term for new generation hardware/software being compatible with its predecessor) with native compatibility (the ability for new hardware to run its predecessor's software, because it either uses the same hardware as its predecessor, or iterates upon it). Native compatibility is a subset of backwards compatibility (i.e. a type of it), but the two are absolutely not the same, and backwards compatibility is possible to achieve (and indeed far more common) via software based solutions (which is exactly what Microsoft have utilized with the Xbox One).

Native compatibility may be 'truer' but software based backwards compatibility (usually achieved via emulation) has its own perks and benefits, such as enhancing older software with newer features that simply didn't exist at the time of the older software's release- which is in fact something we do see with Microsoft's BC.

mmk, if we are going with that definition, then ya its BC. When I hear BC though, I usually think of native compatibility then, my bad. This is the first console I can remember taking these half measures, but thats probably more just a sign of the times.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@toast_burner said:

Do your research before buying something. They made it very clear that only a select few games work.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

THIS ^^^^^

Minecraft is already on XB1. If she had gotten this little bundle, she would have been all set.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/minecraft-favorites-500gb

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

A desperate attempt to save face after the failed X1 launch

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

So pretty much what you're saying is that xbox fanboys are exactly like every other fanboy? Who'd have thought? It's honestly always amusing when someone thinks that the other side is worse, when they're both literally the exact same.

Also, the comparison to Hitler is pretty pathetic on your part.

@casharmy said:

\I feel sorry for TC not knowing how rabidly defensive Xbox fanboys can be.

LEMMINGS IN THIS THREAD: "Oh shit he said something bad about MS..."

Defense force assemble!

This thread does a better job of showing how toxic and shitty xbox fanboys are than anything else.

"You're a moron you should have done your research it's all your fault. They never said FULL BC!"

Like WOW really bitches?

And since when do we have to search for if a system has FULL BC if the company is advertising the system for having BC? "Bu but they didn't say Full!" lol wut?

You pieces if shit like to say Sony mislead people with PS4 Pro about 4k gaming with TONS of threads making arguments about this and that when Sony CLEARLY defines their upscale solution for 4k but YOU guys are you ones who made all those threads crying about misleading people.....but you guys didn't conclude people could research it, so how is this not the same shit?

In fact Even Xbone S shows "UHD 4k gaming" with NO stipulation that they are ONLY upscaling from native res (which could be even LOWER than 1080) and I never see I peep from lems about how MS mislead consumers.

But this Backward compatibility (which lemming hype like it some amazing never seen before wonder) want to blame a customer because they didn't read the fine print and throw insults at others for actually taking MS at their word of BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY...when you can't even play the fucking DISKS in the actual system?

You lems win the shittiest fanboys award, truly astonishing!

Just take a bow, you really can't get any more shitty, unwelcoming and disrespectful than these xbox jack asses. You guys go out on your defense shield when it comes to MS and when taking up for them ALL standards go out the window for you chumps.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Lmao, yeah ok then... all I know is that I'm currently playing the Mass Effects, Half-Life 2, Red Dead etc on my XB1. Can't do that on PS4 :)

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Heil68 said:

Lmao, yeah ok then... all I know is that I'm currently playing the Mass Effects, Half-Life 2, Red Dead etc on my XB1. Can't do that on PS4 :)

Sad... lems having no games this gen obliges them to game last gen games. Poor rodents.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@dakur said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Heil68 said:

Sad... lems having no games this gen obliges them to game last gen games. Poor rodents.

Go crawl back in to the hole you came out of... do us all a favour.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Motto don't trust them. Just like the ps4 pro 4k console bs.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#115 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@soulitane: his post has it all.

Fanboy meltdown, conjecture, hyperbole, nerdrage, paranoid delusion. he doesn't address the fact that some Xbox fans actually answered the TCs question honestly, compared to most of the Sony fans that just commented to shit on Xbox.

These angry Sony fans need a hug or something.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#116  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

This thread has run its course.

@casharmy said:

\I feel sorry for TC not knowing how rabidly defensive Xbox fanboys can be.

*snip*

You need a permanent vacation from Gamespot.