the time when xbox one ""backwards"" compatibility shows to be useless

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Flyin3lvl
Member since 2013 • 3173 Posts

my niece 360 has red ring after two years of use - playing minecraft and dvds was the primary use

its red ringed and my sister is kinda annoyed as you would be and thought she would just upgrade to the one s because she found it it was ""backwards"" compatible - least she can have her minecraft story mode for xmas right - wrong - still play her 360 version of minecarft - wrong

so how is that ""backwards compatibility""

she remembers when you could put ANY disc in the ps2 for re playing ps1

and yes i know ms needs permission to get the games but isnt it frustrating it was an after thought and not included in the old days where EVERY game was playable from the disc right away

so now she has gifts for xmas that have to be re opened and taken back - and yes i know there is x one versions of said games but that defeats the purpose of something being backwards - when the 360 games were cheaper to buy from the start and was for a 360 console and yet those 360 discs cant be played on the x one ............

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Do your research before buying something. They made it very clear that only a select few games work.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

Useless and xbox on the same sentence is quite redundant but having said that is your sister's fault for buying crap like the xbox. TLHBO.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

This post doesn't even sound real.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

Do some research next time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@dakur said:

Useless and xbox on the same sentence is quite redundant but having said that is your sister's fault for buying crap like the xbox. TLHBO.

The ps4 doesn't have any backwards compatibility.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Sounds like y'all need to research things before buying

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@toast_burner said:
@dakur said:

I remember playing ps3 games in my ps4.. wait, you're right... :) However, Xbox Scorpio is promised to be 100% BC.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9  Edited By deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

X1 BC is mediocre, frame rates are worse on most games.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

Get a Scorpio if you want native BC, otherwise I think it's only a $5 upgrade to the Xbox One version, and her progress on the Xbox 360 version should also be accessible in the Xbox One version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Random_Matt: not true at all. Only for some games

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@Random_Matt: That's actually the PS4 Pro.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

LOL at BC for any console. Just move on and play new games.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@stuff238 said:

LOL at BC for any console. Just move on and play new games.

This guy takes the cake

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55898 Posts

MS stated this a few selected Xbox One games will have BC games since day one you FOOL!

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

It's been what ? Two years ? TC has had two years to find which games are BC, hell there's even a sticky ar GS front page, what an idiot.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Next time, google before purchase.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

Just play the game on PC instead - problem solved. Unlike in the PS2 era video game consoles are shit now.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

They have been correcting this quite a bit with newer releases running better than 360 versions.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21  Edited By deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@EG101 said:
@Random_Matt said:

They have been correcting this quite a bit with newer releases running better than 360 versions.

They ever fix ME? Or even that Halo game?

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@drrollinstein said:

This post doesn't even sound real.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#23  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

smells like a cow troll post.

360 Minecraft saves can be transferred to the Xbox One version. You can also buy the X1 version of Minecraft for $5 if you already own the 360 version. All the DLC transfers for free. And no its not 'backwards compatible' because the Xbox One version of Minecraft is more robust than the 360 version, hence the $5 upgrade fee.

You're welcome.

Cows go MOOOO!

edit: I forgot you said your 360 red ringed. So goto a friends house with a 360, log into your Live account there and do the transfer. If you dont have any friends then buy a used 360 they are like $35 do the transfer and return it. Worth doing if you have a lot of time invested and want to recover your progress.

Loading Video...
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61427 Posts

As people have said, research is your friend. MS have been very clear from the start regarding the BC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69087 Posts

When there is a lack of games to play on the PS4 bitching on the forum about a system you don't have is all that is left to do.

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Flyin3lvl

@toast_burner: she hasnt brought the x one - she asked if its backwards can it play the 360 games she brought them for xmas and the answer is no

she was gonna buy a x one s IF it could play those discs she already brought for her

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Flyin3lvl

@dakur:

she hasnt brought the x one - she asked if its backwards can it play the 360 games she brought them for xmas and the answer is no

she was gonna buy a x one s IF it could play those discs she already brought for her

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Flyin3lvl

@freedomfreak:

she hasnt brought the x one - she asked if its backwards can it play the 360 games she brought them for xmas and the answer is no

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Flyin3lvl

@mems_1224:

no where in my post do i say she actually brought one - but showing someone who dosnt follow games like we all do- whats the point of bc when you cant mostly play ANY disc from the 360 version regardless of there being a x 1 version or remaster

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By doubutsuteki
@Flyin3lvl said:

@freedomfreak:

Was there really a need to post the same reply thrice? Anyway: Microsoft is releasing all their exclusives on Win 10, so there's no need at all for an Xbox One.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#31 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69087 Posts

PS4 fannies need to get their peeps in check. This one is making a fools of you guys.

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Flyin3lvl

@raugutcon:

she hasnt brought the x one - she asked if its backwards can it play the 360 games she brought for xmas and the answer is no

no where in my post did i say she actually brought one - my sister dont keep up with this kinda thing like we all do, so what theres a list been around for two years - she hasnt seen it - she dont read gamespot - just pointing out bc isnt all that good when you cant play ANY disc from the 360 regardless is theres a x one version or remaster so now she has to take back the 360 games because she wont buy second hand consoles

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Flyin3lvl

@lundy86_4: no where in my post did i say she brought the x one s - she was looking at prices and saw in the description ""backwards comapitlly with the 360"" so she asked me - will it play the 360 games she brought for xmas - and i say no they wont because, its true they wont , so this bc is kinda useless that it dosnt play EVERY game that was on the 360 yet they didnt word in the deatils "" must look at list which games ARE bc and which are are not"" she nearly brought a x one s till i told her - not sure why the others are laughing and calling me dumb i didnt say she brought it was thinking about it she done the research and looking at bundles aske me and now she has 360 games she cant use

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Flyin3lvl

@doubutsuteki: i was adressing every one singly because they persumed she brought one even though i never stated she did, she hasnt brought one and isnt gonna bother for the time being she has 360 games and no console to play them on

Flyin3lvl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Flyin3lvl

@BigShotSmoov007: your the dumb one sir - i never said she brought one

she was researching and the description say ""backwards compatibly"" and asked me will it play the 360 games she brought for xmas which the answer is no - she was researching the price and bundles - no where does it say in said ddescribtions or varius outlets ""must see list what games WILL and wont play"" - its frustrating to have a feature that only works for 200 or so games

now she has 360 discs and no console to play them on

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Good thing she went from 360 to Xbox One because try putting any and every PS3 game on a PS4 and see what happens. Nothing. As for Minecraft, I believe they had an offer where if you own the 360 version, you're able to upgrade to the definitive upgraded version for like $5 bucks or something. The best part is that you could then use a working 360 and load up your saves and it will port over to the new version.

You made a good point that older consoles doesn't last forever so when people say things like if you want to play old games keep your old consoles. So it's definitely a better option if you could play your old games on newer reliable current consoles. I have a PS3 with BC and I'm so scared to play on it because it could suffer from the yellow light of death. If the PS4 had backward compatibility, I wouldn't worry but unfortunately it does not.

The Xbox One backward compatibility is a work in progress and games get added almost every month now. It supports both discs and digital backward compatibility. That's really awesome. It really sucks that right now you're adding and growing your library of games for a PlayStation but all these games you gathered through the years will be stuck in the past because Sony aren't actively supporting backward compatibility. Since Microsoft are actively supporting backward compatibility, it's a comforting feeling that all the games you collect whether it's digital or on disc, that there's a better chance they will follow you on future consoles. That's how it was back in the days, backward compatibility was a standard for gaming. It's sucks that the PlayStation is so far from that backward compatibility standard now.

Lastly, we have idiots sayings things like, move on and play new games on your new consoles. But what they fail to see that old games that you haven't played will always be new. Thanks to Xbox's backward compatibility combined with the offerings of GwG 360 games, I've discovered some games I never played and would have never played because I've moved on. There were so many games from last gen that I never tried and thanks to Xbox's backward compatibility on highlighting these games, they get another chance. People boast about a console having a large library of games, so the average gamer just doesn't have the time and money to try all of them out before the next gen consoles comes. So the console without the option of backward compatibility is not as useful as a console that supports backward compatibility. Only 2 out of the big 3 are actively supporting backward compatibility, PlayStations have no plans for backward compatibility.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#37 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Crazy Cow alert!

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I find it funny how lemmings go straight for the defense card " do some research" . I feel sorry for the mother who buys an Xbox 1 for her child because of Microsoft touting that its 360 compatible and finds out some of her child games doesn't work with it.

Lemmings and their logic. No wonder games they hype has flopped within the past year (recor3, halo 5, geow 4, quantum break)

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By doubutsuteki
@gago-gago said:

Good thing she went from 360 to Xbox One because try putting any and every PS3 game on a PS4 and see what happens. Nothing. As for Minecraft, I believe they had an offer where if you own the 360 version, you're able to upgrade to the definitive upgraded version for like $5 bucks or something. The best part is that you could then use a working 360 and load up your saves and it will port over to the new version.

You made a good point that older consoles doesn't last forever so when people say things like if you want to play old games keep your old consoles. So it's definitely a better option if you could play your old games on newer reliable current consoles. I have a PS3 with BC and I'm so scared to play on it because it could suffer from the yellow light of death. If the PS4 had backward compatibility, I wouldn't worry but unfortunately it does not.

The Xbox One backward compatibility is a work in progress and games get added almost every month now. It supports both discs and digital backward compatibility. That's really awesome. It really sucks that right now you're adding and growing your library of games for a PlayStation but all these games you gathered through the years will be stuck in the past because Sony aren't actively supporting backward compatibility. Since Microsoft are actively supporting backward compatibility, it's a comforting feeling that all the games you collect whether it's digital or on disc, that there's a better chance they will follow you on future consoles. That's how it was back in the days, backward compatibility was a standard for gaming. It's sucks that the PlayStation is so far from that backward compatibility standard now.

Lastly, we have idiots sayings things like, move on and play new games on your new consoles. But what they fail to see that old games that you haven't played will always be new. Thanks to Xbox's backward compatibility combined with the offerings of GwG 360 games, I've discovered some games I never played and would have never played because I've moved on. There were so many games from last gen that I never tried and thanks to Xbox's backward compatibility on highlighting these games, they get another chance. People boast about a console having a large library of games, so the average gamer just doesn't have the time and money to try all of them out before the next gen consoles comes. So the console without the option of backward compatibility is not as useful as a console that supports backward compatibility. Only 2 out of the big 3 are actively supporting backward compatibility, PlayStations have no plans for backward compatibility.

It isn't hardware level backwards compatibility or emulation, but:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationnow/

Take no comfort in anticipating any future video game consoles at all after Nintendo's last hurrah has hit stores (it will not be backwards compatible with the Wii U).

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

I find it funny how lemmings go straight for the defense card " do some research" . I feel sorry for the mother who buys an Xbox 1 for her child because of Microsoft touting that its 360 compatible and finds out some of her child games doesn't work with it.

Lemmings and their logic. No wonder games they hype has flopped within the past year (recor3, halo 5, geow 4, quantum break)

And I feel sorry for those buying a PS4 just to find out it's not a real 4k machine and 4k blu-rays don't work on any of them. Especially when stores like BestBuy bundles PS4 with a 4k movie like Sausage Fest lol. Sony touting and advertising the PS4 as a 4k machine but it's really not. And the worst part is a mother could buy a child a PS4 thinking PS3 games will work on it and it does not. Double whammy!

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 oflow

@daredevils2k said:

wtf are you talking about? MS never said the Xbox One was fully backwards compatible.

A misinformed mother would do the exact same thing easily if her kid had a PS3 and she went to buy a PS4 and that would even be worse.

Stop fanboying and contribute something useful for once.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 daredevils2k

@oflow said:
@daredevils2k said:

wtf are you talking about? MS never said the Xbox One was fully backwards compatible.

A misinformed mother would do the exact same thing easily if her kid had a PS3 and she went to buy a PS4 and that would even be worse.

Sorry lemming, but don't quote someone when you don't what you're talking about. It definitely doesn't say " Xbox one is the best pplace to play XBox 360 games, but please research if your current 360 games are on the list. "

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22369 Posts

Well it's more BC than PS4, so....

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lundy86_4

@daredevils2k said:

Sorry lemming, but don't quote someone when you don't what you're talking about. It definitely doesn't say " Xbox one is the best pplace to play XBox 360 games, but please research if your current 360 games are on the list. "

It says "Now you can play a growing number of Xbox 360 games on Xbox One" right on the page you screenshot. You may want to try a little harder.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 daredevils2k

@lundy86_4 said:
@daredevils2k said:

It says "Now you can play a growing number of Xbox 360 games on Xbox One" right on the page you screenshot. You may want to try a little harder.

OH gawd the lemmings will never learn about misleading ads. Just like they put their faith into the Almighty Power of the Clouds lol.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By oflow

@daredevils2k: yeah stop trolling. It clearly says in the first line of the BC page on Xbox.com

"Now you can play a growing number of Xbox 360 games on Xbox One."

No where does it say you can play ALL 360 games on Xbox One. Theres even a FAQ right underneath it that explains it.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@oflow said:
@daredevils2k said:

It also says this on the bottom of the page which is a continuation from the picture below.

"*Xbox One Backward Compatibility feature works with select Xbox 360 games, see http://www.xbox.com/backcompat."

So Microsoft has made it pretty easy to see what titles are B/C and anyone that knows anything knows that a * means there are terms and conditions to be seen somewhere on the page.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#48 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@toast_burner said:
@dakur said:

That is true. However, the PS Pro does. It is backwards compatible with the PS4.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

I think MS has pretty much figured out how to fool lems and to make them their brainless followers (lemmings is such an appropriate name). They don't even try giving them good games anymore, but they know they'll defend them regardless. Anyways, to OP, tell your sister to sell those games and get a PS4 and she won't have to suffer from being deceived anymore. TLHBO.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lundy86_4

@daredevils2k said:

OH gawd the lemmings will never learn about misleading ads. Just like they put their faith into the Almighty Power of the Clouds lol.

Good to know that i'm a Lem now lol... Whilst playing FFXV on my PS4.

How is it misleading when it states that a growing number of 360 titles are becoming BC, and even shows which games are BC. You are an actual moron.