The Dance Central 3 (8.5) Thread of Worst Week to be a Cow Ever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#251 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

The damage control :lol:.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] Sure they will, sorry, Staff admin rules, not mine. Maybe you can PM him for some clarification? Doesn't matter in the end tho, as long as Sony gets credit for its hard work, dedication and commitment to bring us world class, high scoring games, I'm fine with that since I'm not tied to them in any other way. I want games and by golly *Sony* delivers on the highest level. Thank you Sony. Heil68

staff didn't write those rules. they were taken from pre-existing ones. :|

He quoted them and sticked the thread for some apparent reason. Sorry my mistake.

you still haven't explained why they would matter? it's the same thing as console exclusive. :|

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#253 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
it's the same thing as console exclusive. CaseyWegner
If it is only found on the PS2, PS3, and PSP, it is called a Sony Exclusive. Sounds good to me.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]it's the same thing as console exclusive. Heil68
If it is only found on the PS2, PS3, and PSP, it is called a Sony Exclusive. Sounds good to me.

i'm not disputing what it means. you just seem to be under the impression that it means something more than it does. do you not realize how long it's existed?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Heil68

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]it's the same thing as console exclusive. CaseyWegner

i'm not disputing what it means. you just seem to be under the impression that it means something more than it does. do you not realize how long it's existed?

Apparently not long enough as I'm not the only one who didn't know.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#256 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[quote="Staff"] [QUOTE="marklarmer"] So Sony can keep up with the barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring META GAME spreed sheet MAKING exclusives..awww yeah! Pedal to the metal baby! Thank you Sony. :P Heil68
i don't recall seeing a section for "Sony Exclusives", they won't be listed as exclusives for either individual platform :|

Sure they will, sorry, Staff admin rules, not mine. Maybe you can PM him for some clarification? Doesn't matter in the end tho, as long as Sony gets credit for its hard work, dedication and commitment to bring us world class, high scoring games,I'm fine with that since I'm not tied to them in any other way.I want games and by golly *Sony* delivers on the highest level. Thank you Sony.

um as far as i can tell you seem to be almost completely integrated into Sony like some kind of Borg drone linked to the hive, only allowed to roam around so you can repeat comments about MS going 99% casual and Sony offering barn bursting exclusives in a "resistance is futile" manner and attempt to assimilate other fanboys.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] If it is only found on the PS2, PS3, and PSP, it is called a Sony Exclusive. Sounds good to me. Heil68

so let me ask again, why are you making any sized deal out of this at all? it doesn't matter for the spreadsheet and it doesn't matter for the metagame. all it does it show that 360/pc games are not called microsoft exclusives which practically nobody tries to use anyway.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Heil68

[QUOTE="Heil68"][quote="Staff"]i don't recall seeing a section for "Sony Exclusives", they won't be listed as exclusives for either individual platform :|

marklarmer

Sure they will, sorry, Staff admin rules, not mine. Maybe you can PM him for some clarification? Doesn't matter in the end tho, as long as Sony gets credit for its hard work, dedication and commitment to bring us world class, high scoring games,I'm fine with that since I'm not tied to them in any other way.I want games and by golly *Sony* delivers on the highest level. Thank you Sony.

um as far as i can tell you seem to be almost completely integrated into Sony like some kind of Borg drone linked to the hive, only allowed to roam around so you can repeat comments about MS going 99% casual and Sony offering barn bursting exclusives in a "resistance is futile" manner and attempt to assimilate other fanboys.

The only time I see you post is when you quote me..lolz mission accomplished! RTB!!!! . MS isn't 99% casual either, I apologize for my erroneous comments it's 67% in 2011 and 2012 is about there too.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Heil68

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

so let me ask again, why are you making any sized deal out of this at all? it doesn't matter for the spreadsheet and it doesn't matter for the metagame. all it does it show that 360/pc games are not called microsoft exclusives which practically nobody tries to use anyway.

Sure it does. IT CHANGES EVERYTHING CASEY.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] Apparently not long enough as I'm not the only one who didn't know. Heil68

then go ahead and elaborate. how does a definition that's been around forever suddently change everything because you just now discovered it?

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#261 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

:lol: Oh gawd.

Cows already know they've lost this year, that's why they're hyping 2013!

Just wait gaiz! 2013 is gonna be the year of the PS3! :o

The_Game21x
well if they concede defeat, at least they can admit to reality.....they have one last hope with ps allstars....but from what people are saying, its not really going to fare well at all
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Heil68

CaseyWegner

then go ahead and elaborate. how does a definition that's been around forever suddently change everything because you just now discovered it?

Now we have PS3 exclusives where as before we didn't.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] Sure it does. IT CHANGES EVERYTHING CASEY. Heil68

sony exclusive =/= ps3 exclusive the same as console exclusive =/= 360 exclusive.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 jsmoke03
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] Sure it does. IT CHANGES EVERYTHING CASEY. Heil68

casey- but pc isn't owned by ms....and with mac releases...and these games being on sony pc...can you really call it the same thing as pc/360? i think its more of a faction thing. hermits=/= lemmings....cows are ps3/ps2/psp/vita.... its not console exclusive....but its a company exclusive...one that lems can't claim either because of hermits
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 Heil68

CaseyWegner

sony exclusive =/= ps3 exclusive the same as console exclusive =/= 360 exclusive.

I'm just going by what Staff who's an admin posted and sticked.Its all the information I have to go by.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] Now we have PS3 exclusives where as before we didn't. Heil68

I'm just going by what Staff who's an admin posted and sticked.Its all the information I have to go by.

it would help if you actually read it then....

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 jsmoke03
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

but that sticky doesnt make a company exclusive equal to a console exclusive....it just adds another layer of exclusive but not the same in name or value as a console exclusive
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 CaseyWegner

jsmoke03

casey- but pc isn't owned by ms....and with mac releases...and these games being on sony pc...can you really call it the same thing as pc/360? i think its more of a faction thing. hermits=/= lemmings....cows are ps3/ps2/psp/vita.... its not console exclusive....but its a company exclusive...one that lems can't claim either because of hermits

for the metagame, which is what heil is talking about, anything other than true, single-system, 100% exclusives don't count. i know full well that ms doesn't own the pc and i've argued over dozens of pages regarding that fact.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Heil68

marklarmer

I'll go do that..RIGHT NOW. bahahahaa
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

then show me where he said that sony exclusive = ps3 exclusive. again, and i know from first hand experience, the admins don't know the individual, forum specific rules like this. staff just posted what verbtex gave him.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Heil68

CaseyWegner

then show me where he said that sony exclusive = ps3 exclusive. again, and i know from first hand experience, the admins don't know the individual, forum specific rules like this. staff just posted what verbtex gave him.

And this is what I wrote a page or so back, but apparently being a member of the peanut gallery now has made you look for conflicts, where there are none. "in the end tho, as long as Sony gets credit for its hard work, dedication and commitment to bring us world class, high scoring games, I'm fine with that since I'm not tied to them in any other way. I want games and by golly *Sony* delivers on the highest level. Thank you Sony. "
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] I'm just going by what Staff who's an admin posted and sticked.Its all the information I have to go by. Heil68

And this is what I wrote a page or so back, but apparently being a member of the peanut gallery now has made you look for conflicts, where there are none. "in the end tho, as long as Sony gets credit for its hard work, dedication and commitment to bring us world class, high scoring games, I'm fine with that since I'm not tied to them in any other way. I want games and by golly *Sony* delivers on the highest level. Thank you Sony. "

you also wrote this when i asked you why you'd file it away.

"So Sony can keep up with the barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring META GAME spreed sheet MAKING exclusives..awww yeah! Pedal to the metal baby! Thank you Sony. razz.gif"

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Heil68

CaseyWegner

"So Sony can keep up with the barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring META GAME spreed sheet MAKING exclusives..awww yeah! Pedal to the metal baby! Thank you Sony. razz.gif"

Yup..We're making progress and that's good.. "So Sony", did I say PS3? Nope.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] And this is what I wrote a page or so back, but apparently being a member of the peanut gallery now has made you look for conflicts, where there are none. "in the end tho, as long as Sony gets credit for its hard work, dedication and commitment to bring us world class, high scoring games, I'm fine with that since I'm not tied to them in any other way. I want games and by golly *Sony* delivers on the highest level. Thank you Sony. " Heil68

Yup..We're making progress and that's good.. "So Sony", did I say PS3? Nope.

what would your new found knowledge regarding the age old term "sony exclusive" change about what sony games make the spreadsheet?

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#275 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

CaseyWegner

If it doesn't matter than why is it even a rule? I was under the impression that a game one more than one platform means it is not exclusive. If they count just the same as any other multiplatform game, why have a specific rule that brings up "Sony exclusives"

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 jsmoke03

[QUOTE="jsmoke03"][QUOTE="Heil68"] Now we have PS3 exclusives where as before we didn't. CaseyWegner

for the metagame, which is what heil is talking about, anything other than true, single-system, 100% exclusives don't count. i know full well that ms doesn't own the pc and i've argued over dozens of pages regarding that fact.

lol how long have you guys been arguing about this? ive only seen the quote where you said pc/360 exclusive combo used as ownage...thats why i had to respond wondering whats going on
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Heil68

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"] Apparently not long enough as I'm not the only one who didn't know. CaseyWegner

If it doesn't matter than why is it even a rule? I was under the impression that a game one more than one platform means it is not exclusive. If they count just the same as any other multiplatform game, why have a specific rule that brings up "Sony exclusives"

Exactly, I think Casey has been sandbagging us, maybe that's another reason he lost his mod powers? hmmmm
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]

Heil68

Exactly, I think Casey has been sandbagging us, maybe that's another reason he lost his mod powers? hmmmm

no. 'tis common knowledge that i'm not a mod because somebody else's quote was attributed to me.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="jsmoke03"] casey- but pc isn't owned by ms....and with mac releases...and these games being on sony pc...can you really call it the same thing as pc/360? i think its more of a faction thing. hermits=/= lemmings....cows are ps3/ps2/psp/vita.... its not console exclusive....but its a company exclusive...one that lems can't claim either because of hermitsjsmoke03

lol how long have you guys been arguing about this? ive only seen the quote where you said pc/360 exclusive combo used as ownage...thats why i had to respond wondering whats going on

i was referring to people that do try to use pc/360 games as ownage like they are exclusive.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] Apparently not long enough as I'm not the only one who didn't know. BPoole96

*shrug* it's more of a definition than a rule. remember that this comes before it. "1. A game found on only 1 system is exclusive. (This means it is only found on one system. For example, if it is found on the PS3, and if it appears on the PC, PS2, Xbox360, Wii, DS, or PSP, it loses its rights of being called exclusive)"

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

*shrug* it's more of a definition than a rule. remember that this comes before it. "1. A game found on only 1 system is exclusive. (This means it is only found on one system. For example, if it is found on the PS3, and if it appears on the PC, PS2, Xbox360, Wii, DS, or PSP, it loses its rights of being called exclusive)"

I think the whole "Sony exclusive" thing should just be taken out then to avoid confusion. When next gen starts, are we going to revise any rules? I started posting here this gen so haven't been here while we transfer onto new systems.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

I think the whole "Sony exclusive" thing should just be taken out then to avoid confusion. When next gen starts, are we going to revise any rules? I started posting here this gen so haven't been here while we transfer onto new systems.

it does seem odd to have it there but maybe it's just for the sake of being complete. new generations should be when rules get revised. some, like the downloadable games issue, can be out of date.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

it does seem odd to have it there but maybe it's just for the sake of being complete. new generations should be when rules get revised. some, like the downloadable games issue, can be out of date.

Shouldn't this kind of stuff be discussed more formally some time soon considering next gen starts next month?

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Shouldn't this kind of stuff be discussed more formally some time soon considering next gen starts next month?

i need to convince adobe to sticky a "should downloadable games count" thread that i'm planning on making. :)

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

i need to convince adobe to sticky a "should downloadable games count" thread that i'm planning on making. :)

Okay cook. I'll definitely participate in that :)

DarthClark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 DarthClark
Member since 2012 • 458 Posts
[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"] I'm just going by what Staff who's an admin posted and sticked.Its all the information I have to go by. Heil68

I'll go do that..RIGHT NOW. bahahahaa

Are you a 13 year old girl? Who types all the non sense you do "lol, hahaha, lulz". Thats weak sauce. Typical cow, get owned in an argument and your comeback is jelly, butthurt, lol or some other asinine comment to take attention away from your ownage.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"] When was this rule even implemented? I have been on SW for awhile and never knew of this. This changes a lot of things considering all MLB The Show games are AE+ (with one being AAAE)

BPoole96

I really have no idea, I just found it, and thought it was relevant to this thread... ;)

I honestly think you're the first to ever realize that existed :P

I knew that existed, but this is System Wars, not company Wars, so it really doesn't matter. For the purposes of the spreadsheet, those games still aren't exclusive.
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

What does it matter anyhow? Even Metagame doesn't come down to the "e"s in a platform's library, right? It's the library as a whole.

Each faction wants to play up exclusives when they think it shows some advantage over another platform, when in truth it's the most useless thing the spreadsheet tracks, and with gaming moving further into multiplat, mobile, and games as a service/streaming, it's a term that is going be even less reflective of the industry going forward.

If you want to compare libraries, compare libraries. Neither Lems or Cows have the high ground anymore when it comes to using a 3rd system to try and shield itself from games that they don't have.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

Or maybe a more generalized "Metagame Rules Revisions" thread?

I for one think downloadable games are THE hot issue, but there are a couple of others that I would like to see amended.:)

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts

Too bad you need **** kinect to actually play the games.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22970 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Okay cook. I'll definitely participate in that :)

Me too