The Dance Central 3 (8.5) Thread of Worst Week to be a Cow Ever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#51 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts
Halo 4 in less than a month. So Xbox will end this year with 4 AAEs, and one potential AAAE.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#52 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Meeeper282

He isn't wrong, I did say they were disappointing and worse than the originals. Then I said they weren't. Then I said they were. Point is, they are great games, but they are stale. They need a shake up.

What else could they possibly do, the formula was perfected years ago, pokemon evolves so quickly there isn't much room for it anymore

For starters, make the jump to 3DS. Give me a full blown Pokemon 3D. It's at least eight years too late at this point.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Learn to read moronMeeeper282

He isn't wrong, I did say they were disappointing and worse than the originals. Then I said they weren't. Then I said they were. Point is, they are great games, but they are stale. They need a shake up.charizard1605

^I can read fine, thanks. :D

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DarkLink77

He isn't wrong, I did say they were disappointing and worse than the originals. Then I said they weren't. Then I said they were. Point is, they are great games, but they are stale. They need a shake up.

^I can read fine, thanks. :D

Doesn't make you right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

EDIT: Nvm

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DarkLink77
Doesn't make you rightMeeeper282
It does, actually. You heard the man himself say it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Doesn't make you right

Meeeper282
But he is right, I did say the games were disappointing. If I changed my mind later, he can't know about :|
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#58 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Meeeper282

What else could they possibly do, the formula was perfected years ago, pokemon evolved so quickly there isn't much room for it anymore

And that formula is stale now. Keep adding sprinkles and frosting to the same cake you've been eating for over almost fifteen years and eventually, you'll get tired of it. No matter what you add, it's still the same basic cake.

And yes, I have Pokemon White and White 2, in case you were wondering. Still fun but definitely stale.

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Meeeper282

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] He isn't wrong, I did say they were disappointing and worse than the originals. Then I said they weren't. Then I said they were. Point is, they are great games, but they are stale. They need a shake up.charizard1605

What else could they possibly do, the formula was perfected years ago, pokemon evolves so quickly there isn't much room for it anymore

For starters, make the jump to 3DS. Give me a full blown Pokemon 3D. It's at least eight years too late at this point.

Gameplay wise, i don't see anything else they could do, and a 3d pokemon sounds like a neat idea, but that's a huge risk, and it could potentially hurt the franchise if isn'texecuted right

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

Meeeper282

Gameplay wise, i don't see anything else they could do, and a 3d pokemon sounds like a neat idea, but that's a huge risk, and it could potentially hurt the franchise if isn'texecuted right

pokemon stadium and colesseum. it won't hurt it. besides black and white 2 are almost full 3D except for the sprites

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Meeeper282

Are you saying Game Freak as a developer isn't competent enough to do a Pokemon 3D properly?
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Meeeper282

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] He isn't wrong, I did say they were disappointing and worse than the originals. Then I said they weren't. Then I said they were. Point is, they are great games, but they are stale. They need a shake up.The_Game21x

What else could they possibly do, the formula was perfected years ago, pokemon evolved so quickly there isn't much room for it anymore

And that formula is stale now. Keep adding sprinkles and frosting to the same cake you've been eating for over almost fifteen years and eventually, you'll get tired of it. No matter what you add, it's still the same basic cake.

And yes, I have Pokemon White and White 2, in case you were wondering. Still fun but definitely stale.

Well i don't think the ds could handle anything ambitious, plus you might be right, but could you honestly name another rpg on the ds that's as deep as pokemon? gamefreak did an exellent job for what they are given, plus changing the formula might hurt the franchise.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

BPoole96 you forgot Forza Horizon!

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Cows are avoiding this thread like the plague. Their butts can't handle any more hurt

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

mitu123

Adding that is just insult to injury. I was just saying that Kinect alone has more quality exclusives this year. Add Forza Horizon and it is just cow annihilation

TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TheXFiles88
Member since 2008 • 1040 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

:lol: Oh gawd.

Cows already know they've lost this year, that's why they're hyping 2013!

Just wait gaiz! 2013 is gonna be the year of the PS3! :o

Meeeper282

fighting over second place, pathetic :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tell that to the Nintendo fanboys when the GameCube was fighting for a second place with the Xbox but ended up in.....:lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

Meeeper282

Well i don't think the ds could handle anything ambitious, plus you might be right, but could you honestly name another rpg on the ds that's as deep as pokemon? gamefreak did an exellent job for what they are given, plus changing the formula might hurt the franchise.

Dragon Quest IX. The World Ends With You. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. The DS is my first handheld ever where Pokemon ISN'T my favorite game. Hurt the fanbase? How? Keep the same foundation, evolve the game. For a series that concentrates on the idea of evolution so much, it's funny how little it has evolved itself over the last two decades.
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Meeeper282

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] For starters, make the jump to 3DS. Give me a full blown Pokemon 3D. It's at least eight years too late at this point.charizard1605

Are you saying Game Freak as a developer isn't competent enough to do a Pokemon 3D properly?

No, they are, i mean if gamefreak decides to do a 3d pokemon, they must keep some elements of the current pokemon games or else it could really hurt the fanbase.

Plus you have to remember that the current pokemon games are really easy to get into, that's why it's so popular and if this were to change, then pokemon might lose it's appeal and accessibility.

plus could the 3ds even handle a fully fledged 3d pokemon game?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Meeeper282

No, they are, i mean if gamefreak decides to do a 3d pokemon, they must keep some elements of the current pokemon games or else it could really hurt the fanbase, plus could the 3ds even handle a fully fledged 3d pokemon game.

Plus you have to remember that the current pokemon games are really easy to get into, that's why it's so popular and if this were to change, tthen pokemon might lose it's appeal and accessibility

3D games can be easy to get into. Look at Super Mario 3D Land, look at any of the GTA games, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed... You just need to make it right.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#70 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

I will admit Dance Central is kinda fun so not suprised by the score.

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

Cows are done.

This is just overkill now.

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Meeeper282

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

charizard1605

Dragon Quest IX. The World Ends With You. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor. The DS is my first handheld ever where Pokemon ISN'T my favorite game. Hurt the fanbase? How? Keep the same foundation, evolve the game. For a series that concentrates on the idea of evolution so much, it's funny how little it has evolved itself over the last two decades.

Sometimes evolution doesn't do a game justice, plus this might turn pokemon into a niche, see this is why call of duty is so huge, it's user friendly and so is pokemon, and a change up to that formula might change that

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
3 years, 3 games. Is Dance Central really doing enough every iteration to remain AA every time? I question.
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Looks to be a great end of the year for Kinect, if you'd tell me that at the beginning of the year I would have laughed. Might have to get a Kinect when I get my own place and bigger living area.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

BPoole96

Adding that is just insult to injury. I was just saying that Kinect alone has more quality exclusives this year. Add Forza Horizon and it is just cow annihilation

They deserve it after bashing the 360 for all this time.
Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Meeeper282

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Are you saying Game Freak as a developer isn't competent enough to do a Pokemon 3D properly?charizard1605

No, they are, i mean if gamefreak decides to do a 3d pokemon, they must keep some elements of the current pokemon games or else it could really hurt the fanbase, plus could the 3ds even handle a fully fledged 3d pokemon game.

Plus you have to remember that the current pokemon games are really easy to get into, that's why it's so popular and if this were to change, tthen pokemon might lose it's appeal and accessibility

3D games can be easy to get into. Look at Super Mario 3D Land, look at any of the GTA games, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed... You just need to make it right.

Super mario 3D land isn't really that deep, and i honestly don't think the 3ds could handle a 3d pokemon game with all it's current features, we could get a 3d pokemon game, but it might be a step backwards.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Linky

A terrific new party mode and other smart additions to the franchise make Dance Central 3 the best way yet to get groovy with your Kinect.

The Good:
  • Excellent dance routines can appeal to beginners and experts alike
  • New Party Time mode is fantastic fun at get-togethers
  • Soundtrack and story draw on decades of dance hits
  • Improved Rehearse mode makes it easier to master tough moves.

The Bad:

Um... Nothing?

So, yeah. How 'bout that Kinect and dem racing games? AAEs for everyone!

...Well, except Cows, obviously.

DarkLink77
Not a cow, but I do own a PS3. I am not a big racing fan, so I couldn't care less about Forza. As for the dancing game................:lol: sorry, but dancing games just plain suck. I don't care if it got a 10, I just wouldn't be interested.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Linky

A terrific new party mode and other smart additions to the franchise make Dance Central 3 the best way yet to get groovy with your Kinect.

The Good:
  • Excellent dance routines can appeal to beginners and experts alike
  • New Party Time mode is fantastic fun at get-togethers
  • Soundtrack and story draw on decades of dance hits
  • Improved Rehearse mode makes it easier to master tough moves.

The Bad:

Um... Nothing?

So, yeah. How 'bout that Kinect and dem racing games? AAEs for everyone!

...Well, except Cows, obviously.

AmazonTreeBoa
Not a cow, but I do own a PS3. I am not a big racing fan, so I couldn't care less about Forza. As for the dancing game................:lol: sorry, but dancing games just plain suck. I don't care if it got a 10, I just wouldn't be interested.

Cool. None of them interest me either, but hey, metagame.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#79 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

3 years, 3 games. Is Dance Central really doing enough every iteration to remain AA every time? I question. senses_fail_06
I'd say so.

I enjoy these games and have the previous ones. But to tell you the truth. The first Dance Central didnt deserve anywhere near what it got on here, it was a slim package and it felt rushed out the door in time for the Kinect launch. I think it just got a rep for being the best Kinect gama available around the Kinect launch.

Dance Central 2 was legit good. Im getting this one as well.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#80 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Not a cow, but I do own a PS3. I am not a big racing fan, so I couldn't care less about Forza. As for the dancing game................:lol: sorry, but dancing games just plain suck. I don't care if it got a 10, I just wouldn't be interested. AmazonTreeBoa
Well, that's just your opinion. I enjoy them. And I am not a Lemming.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Hey, just for the record, I think Black/White 2 is conclusively BETTER than all the other Pokemon games. I also think it's about f*cking time they changed the formula I love B/W2 but its only for the hardcorest of the hardcore fanboys at this point. Switch it up, Game Freak!charizard1605
lets be real here, they aren't going to switch up a multimillion dollar formula for the sake of a tiny, microscopic section of the fanbase.

The most they'll do is ramp up production values and online features when it makes it to the 3ds.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

lets be real here, they aren't going to switch up a multimillion dollar formula for the sake of a tiny, microscopic section of the fanbase.

Shinobishyguy

THANK YOU

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Hey, just for the record, I think Black/White 2 is conclusively BETTER than all the other Pokemon games. I also think it's about f*cking time they changed the formula I love B/W2 but its only for the hardcorest of the hardcore fanboys at this point. Switch it up, Game Freak!Shinobishyguy

The most they'll do is ramp up production values and online features when it makes it to the 3ds.

Then people shouldn't complain when games like this receive low scores.

This is no different than people bashing Call of Duty or Halo for not changing.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Hey, just for the record, I think Black/White 2 is conclusively BETTER than all the other Pokemon games. I also think it's about f*cking time they changed the formula I love B/W2 but its only for the hardcorest of the hardcore fanboys at this point. Switch it up, Game Freak!The_Game21x

The difference being that Call of Duty receives high scores. Consistency would be nice.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Hey, just for the record, I think Black/White 2 is conclusively BETTER than all the other Pokemon games. I also think it's about f*cking time they changed the formula I love B/W2 but its only for the hardcorest of the hardcore fanboys at this point. Switch it up, Game Freak!The_Game21x

For the most part is isn't receiving low scores, it has a solid 81 on metacritic

GS was an outlier on this, just as they were with the first Black and White.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] lets be real here, they aren't going to switch up a multimillion dollar formula for the sake of a tiny, microscopic section of the fanbase.

DarkLink77

The difference being that Call of Duty receives high scores. Consistency would be nice.

Meh. Call of Duty hasn't been the same basic game for 15 years either so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

But yeah, I think it should be graded more harshly than it is.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] lets be real here, they aren't going to switch up a multimillion dollar formula for the sake of a tiny, microscopic section of the fanbase.

Shinobishyguy

For the most part is isn't receiving low scores, it has a solid 81 on metacritic

And people have been at GS's collective throat for that outlier score.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

that's because people are realizing that gamespot's opinions of pokemon games aren't worth sh*t.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] For the most part is isn't receiving low scores, it has a solid 81 on metacritic

Shinobishyguy

that's because people are realizing that gamespot's opinions of pokemon games aren't worth sh*t.

Case in point.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

Case in point.

another part of it is people mindlessly d*ckriding the score and acting like they're some sort've martyr for journalistic integrity
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6060 Posts
Sad day for lems having to resort to using kinect games as a basis for arguments....Yeah, I know, it's as bad as it sounds.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]that's because people are realizing that gamespot's opinions of pokemon games aren't worth sh*t.Shinobishyguy

Case in point.

another part of it is people mindlessly d*ckriding the score and acting like they're some sort've martyr for journalistic integrity

Again.

Quite frankly, I'm far more inclined to agree with GameSpot's score than IGN's 9.6.

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

God... DAMN!

Kinect has had more quality exclusives than PS3 this year

Kinect:

• Dance Central 3 (8.5)
  • Fable: Journey (8.0)
  • NBA Baller Beats (7.0)

PS3

• Twisted Metal (8.0)
  • Starhawk (7.5)

OUCH!

BPoole96

Kinect: It only does high quality games. :lol:

GS is just throwing salt in the Cow's bleeding wounds

Or as Todd would say ..Sh*tting in them
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Case in point.

The_Game21x

Again.

Quite frankly, I'm far more inclined to agree with GameSpot's score than IGN's 9.6.

neither of those two are accurate, they're both extremes.

One has never been fond of the pokemon franchise and any feature that they have added is downplayed as superfluous fluff, and another is a complete fanatic.

It's a solid 8.5

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] another part of it is people mindlessly d*ckriding the score and acting like they're some sort've martyr for journalistic integrityShinobishyguy

Again.

neither of those two are accurate, they're both extremes One has never been fond of the pokemon franchise and any feature that is added is downplayed as superfluous fluff, and another is a complete fanatic.

It's a solid 8.5

That would imply that the same person is reviewing the game each time...which it isn't.

And I wouldn't even agree with that 8.5 personally, based on the time I've put into the game.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Again.

The_Game21x

neither of those two are accurate, they're both extremes One has never been fond of the pokemon franchise and any feature that is added is downplayed as superfluous fluff, and another is a complete fanatic.

It's a solid 8.5

That would imply that the same person is reviewing the game each time...which it isn't.

It doesn't matter if the reviews are consistent with eachother. BW got trashed for not changing the formula despite it being the freshest pokemon game since the original red and blue

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]that's because people are realizing that gamespot's opinions of pokemon games aren't worth sh*t.Shinobishyguy

Case in point.

Are we reading the same thread?
Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#98 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

Well Dance Central is the best dancing game of the generation and Xbox has a foothold on racing games this gen... Sucks to be a PS3 only owner if you like those two things lol.

I'm actually considering buying a 360 for the racing stuff despite getting bored of Kinect... Even though Most Wanted probably be better on PS3 and obviously on PC due to Criterion's track record, Forza Horizon is really cool and I miss PGR4.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 DarkLink77

Well Dance Central is the best dancing game of the generation and Xbox has a foothold on racing games this gen... Sucks to be a PS3 only owner if you like those two things lol.

I'm actually considering buying a 360 for the racing stuff despite getting bored of Kinect... Even though Most Wanted probably be better on PS3 and obviously on PC due to Criterion's track record, Forza Horizon is really cool and I miss PGR4.

sanim02
Criterion has a history of it's games running better on PS3? :o Props to them for putting in the effort.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] neither of those two are accurate, they're both extremes One has never been fond of the pokemon franchise and any feature that is added is downplayed as superfluous fluff, and another is a complete fanatic.

It's a solid 8.5

Shinobishyguy

And I wouldn't even agree with that 8.5 personally, based on the time I've put into the game.

so l'm guessing you're not fond of it either?

I'm calling it like I see it. Sure, the Pokemon formula is one that works but that doesn't stop it from being incredibly stale at this point and I think GameSpot graded it accordingly.