SystemWars Monthly 2.0 - June 2010 (It's About Time Edition - 56k Warning)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

One issue with that spreadsheet, Just Cause 2 as much as I love it, I would not give an AAA score :P Otherwise nicely done.Skittles_McGee
Thanks, I'm sending out the spreadsheet so it can be changed around. Here is a link: http://www.mediafire.com/?md1jd2znm2m

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#102 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]One issue with that spreadsheet, Just Cause 2 as much as I love it, I would not give an AAA score :P Otherwise nicely done.NVIDIATI

Thanks, I'm sending out the spreadsheet so it can be changed around. Here is a link: http://www.mediafire.com/?md1jd2znm2m

Oh my, that's rather lovely. 8)
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#103 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Love the spreadsheet NVIDIATI!
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
Ah. Well, someone less tired and lazy than me, fix that. *cracks whip* Work!
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 NVIDIATI
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

One issue with that spreadsheet, Just Cause 2 as much as I love it, I would not give an AAA score :P Otherwise nicely done.Skittles_McGee

Oh my, that's rather lovely. 8)

I was about to PM it to you as I already have sent to to Fabz and Willy, but you got here 1st :P anyways I hope it helps when putting together the review section.
vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

since the challenge is over, can someone please PM me the answers, i'm having a hard time finding those stars. Thanks!

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 NVIDIATI

Love the spreadsheet NVIDIATI!fabz_95
Thanks, I was also thinking for the final version to have the platform that the game was reviewed on in bold.

Example:

If you reviewed PES 2008 on the PS3 the chart would look like this:

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 fabz_95

[QUOTE="fabz_95"]Love the spreadsheet NVIDIATI!NVIDIATI

Thanks, I was also thinking for the final version to have the platform that the game was reviewed on in bold.

Example:

If you reviewed PES 2008 on the PS3 the chart would look like this:

That looks awesome.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 NVIDIATI

Ah. Well, someone less tired and lazy than me, fix that. *cracks whip* Work!Skittles_McGee

Fixed!

Also added some colour :P

SWM Review list Version 1.1:Download(If you don't have Excel 2007 click here)

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Hey, just because my review wasn't any good doesn't mean it can't be on the spread sheet, right? :(
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 NVIDIATI
Hey, just because my review wasn't any good doesn't mean it can't be on the spread sheet, right? :(Ibacai
:lol: Sorry not all of the reviews are on the list, which review was it? and in which issue of SWM? I can add it if you like.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 fabz_95

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Ah. Well, someone less tired and lazy than me, fix that. *cracks whip* Work!NVIDIATI

Fixed!

Awesome dude. If you can keep updating this, you'll be a very useful SWM member (that is if you get in of course, bwahwahwah).

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 NVIDIATI

[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Ah. Well, someone less tired and lazy than me, fix that. *cracks whip* Work!fabz_95

Fixed!

*picture*

Awesome dude. If you can keep updating this, you'll be a very useful SWM member (that is if you get in of course, bwahwahwah).

Forsure I'll have to fill in the gaps because I'm sure I've missed a couple of reviews. Also it would be great if everyone with a "???" could give it a real score for their review so I can add it.While I'm at it, what issue did you review Resident Evil 4?

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
[QUOTE="Ibacai"]Hey, just because my review wasn't any good doesn't mean it can't be on the spread sheet, right? :(NVIDIATI
:lol: Sorry not all of the reviews are on the list, which review was it? and in which issue of SWM? I can add it if you like.

Pfft, no worries dude. It was my DA review in the March issue. It's really no big deal, just messing around with ya. :P
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

That was quite enjoyable to read. Can anyone contribute to this? I've got 11 weeks free and I'm running out of things to do. I'm not sure what I would talk about though...Indie_Hitman

Anyone can contribute. If you ever do figure out what to talk about, shoot it to us.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 789shadow

since the challenge is over, can someone please PM me the answers, i'm having a hard time finding those stars. Thanks!

vguy555

I'll send you my winning answers. :P

Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Indie_Hitman
Member since 2008 • 2457 Posts

[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"]That was quite enjoyable to read. Can anyone contribute to this? I've got 11 weeks free and I'm running out of things to do. I'm not sure what I would talk about though...789shadow

Anyone can contribute. If you ever do figure out what to talk about, shoot it to us.

If I do think of something, should I PM...someone, what I would like to do first? Or just write it and send?
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"] If I do think of something, should I PM...someone, what I would like to do first? Or just write it and send?

Yep, you can send me a PM with the writings -- if it's too long it can go through multiple PMs, or you can save it as a word document and send it to us via email (swmonthly@gmail.com). Just send me a PM to me if you do send it there since I never check it. :P
Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Indie_Hitman
Member since 2008 • 2457 Posts
[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"] If I do think of something, should I PM...someone, what I would like to do first? Or just write it and send?Stevo_the_gamer
Yep, you can send me a PM with the writings -- if it's too long it can go through multiple PMs, or you can save it as a word document and send it to us via email (swmonthly@gmail.com). Just send me a PM to me if you do send it there since I never check it. :P

Would it not be best to notify you what I want to do though? In case it's unsuitable/ out of place?
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 NVIDIATI

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"] If I do think of something, should I PM...someone, what I would like to do first? Or just write it and send?Indie_Hitman

Would it not be best to notify you what I want to do though? In case it's unsuitable/ out of place?

Just check with them once you have an idea because there is a chance someone else is doing it or its out of place:P.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"] Would it not be best to notify you what I want to do though? In case it's unsuitable/ out of place?

You don't have too, other members haven't done that and their pieces still made it into the magazine. It's a good precautionary measure however. I'd hate for you to work long and hard on something that gets rejected.
vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

[QUOTE="vguy555"]

789shadow

Thanks, I got them. The stars were very well hidden, even with the answers I had trouble spotting a few :P

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

[QUOTE="vguy555"]

vguy555

Thanks, I got them. The stars were very well hidden, even with the answers I had trouble spotting a few :P

:twisted: I took pride in my work. I blame Batman: AA for giving this idea. :P

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

So, any discussion about anything besides the hidden stars at all? :)

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts
[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"][QUOTE="Ibacai"]Hey, just because my review wasn't any good doesn't mean it can't be on the spread sheet, right? :(Ibacai

Pfft, no worries dude. It was my DA review in the March issue. It's really no big deal, just messing around with ya. :P

Don't forget my Darksiders review in... um... what was our first issue? >_>
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 NVIDIATI

[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="NVIDIATI"] :lol: Sorry not all of the reviews are on the list, which review was it? and in which issue of SWM? I can add it if you like.Skittles_McGee

Don't forget my Darksiders review in... um... what was our first issue? >_>

:lol: Anyways when (I mean "if" :P) I get accepted into SWM I'll make a spreadsheet thread so we can fix it up / make the proper additions.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#128 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26102 Posts

AdobeArtist
Where's my reaction to E3!?! I'm pretty sure I had one.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#129 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Great issue as always.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#130 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
NVIDAI my issue with the spreadsheet. I want all my reviews listed as no score. Although yes I would gladly give Bayo Triple-A. I prefer doing no scores with my review though. If we do need to adjust scores into this. Batman: AA was AA to me to be quite honest.
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 NVIDIATI

NVIDAI my issue with the spreadsheet. I want all my reviews listed as no score. Although yes I would gladly give Bayo Triple-A. I prefer doing no scores with my review though. If we do need to adjust scores into this. Batman: AA was AA to me to be quite honest. jg4xchamp
If that's the case we should have some with scores and others as "NSN" No Score Needed. That way people don't have to give it a real value.

EDIT: The only reason I like the score is so the reader can have an idea if the reviewer had a positive experience with the game or a negative one. So maybe instead of a score for some we can have asimple thumbs up or thumbs down. Anyways nothing is set in stone as the spreadsheet needs some work, but we'll figure at some point if or when I get let into SWM.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#132 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]NVIDAI my issue with the spreadsheet. I want all my reviews listed as no score. Although yes I would gladly give Bayo Triple-A. I prefer doing no scores with my review though. If we do need to adjust scores into this. Batman: AA was AA to me to be quite honest. NVIDIATI

If that's the case we should have some with scores and others as "NSN" No Score Needed. That way people don't have to give it a real value.

EDIT: The only reason I like the score is so the reader can have an ideaif the reviewer had a positive experience with the game or a negative one. So maybe instead of a score for some we can have asimple thumbs up or thumbs down. Anyways nothing is set in stone as the spreadsheet needs some work, but we'll figure at some point if or when I get let into SWM.

I hate doing em, but this isn't the first time the scores thing has been brought up.

I guess I could force a score, but I was thinking we should all just ripoff Jethro, and end um with witty lines like the glorious Fable 2 review of his.

Vomit Inducing Abomination out of 10

:)

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 fabz_95

[QUOTE="fabz_95"]

[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

Fixed!

*picture*

NVIDIATI

Forsure I'll have to fill in the gaps because I'm sure I've missed a couple of reviews. Also it would be great if everyone with a "???" could give it a real score for their review so I can add it.While I'm at it, what issue did you review Resident Evil 4?

I'm pretty sure it was December 2008.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 fabz_95
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Willy105
Where's my reaction to E3!?! I'm pretty sure I had one.

There was a lot to render, I think Stevo intentionally missed out some reactions.
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 NVIDIATI

[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]NVIDAI my issue with the spreadsheet. I want all my reviews listed as no score. Although yes I would gladly give Bayo Triple-A. I prefer doing no scores with my review though. If we do need to adjust scores into this. Batman: AA was AA to me to be quite honest. jg4xchamp

EDIT: The only reason I like the score is so the reader can have an ideaif the reviewer had a positive experience with the game or a negative one. So maybe instead of a score for some we can have asimple thumbs up or thumbs down. Anyways nothing is set in stone as the spreadsheet needs some work, but we'll figure at some point if or when I get let into SWM.

I hate doing em, but this isn't the first time the scores thing has been brought up.

I guess I could force a score, but I was thinking we should all just ripoff Jethro, and end um with witty lines like the glorious Fable 2 review of his.

Vomit Inducing Abomination out of 10

:)

:lol: That would defiantly add some humor and originality to all the reviews...

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 NVIDIATI
[QUOTE="fabz_95"][QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

[QUOTE="fabz_95"] Awesome dude. If you can keep updating this, you'll be a very useful SWM member (that is if you get in of course, bwahwahwah).

I'm pretty sure it was December 2008.

Alright, I'll put it in there.
NatalataN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 NatalataN
Member since 2010 • 74 Posts
srry but there is way too much 360 coverage and not enough ps3
NatalataN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 NatalataN
where is the section for multiplat comparisions, the real stuff
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Willy105
srry but there is way too much 360 coverage and not enough ps3NatalataN
The PS3 had nothing interesting this month. The 360 sucked this month, therefore it was fun to cover.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Willy105
[QUOTE="NatalataN"]biased editorial is biased. number of these editors have a history that doesnt just go away

It's an editorial, it's supposed to show a bias, because this is about System Wars.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Willy105
oh and its funny a magazine called SYSTEM WARS barely even touches upon systemsNatalataN
where is the section for multiplat comparisions, the real stuffNatalataN
So what do you want? More system discussion or multiplatform game coverage? Decide already.
NatalataN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 NatalataN
[QUOTE="NatalataN"]oh and its funny a magazine called SYSTEM WARS barely even touches upon systemsWilly105
where is the section for multiplat comparisions, the real stuffNatalataN
So what do you want? More system discussion or multiplatform game coverage? Decide already.

free samples and coupons plz
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#145 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts

I would gladly buy this in actual print form, it's a fully-fledged and realized magazine now, far from the newsletter it was a few years ago.

E3 time is always the most fun time of the year in gaming, so its no surprise SWM is no different. Grea issue.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
srry but there is way too much 360 coverage and not enough ps3NatalataN
Only one 360 game was covered in SWM this month... ?
NatalataN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 NatalataN
[QUOTE="NatalataN"]srry but there is way too much 360 coverage and not enough ps3Stevo_the_gamer

more then enough. with those AA and A scores let alone letting the E's out but thats just a matter of opinion these days at least until the agency, oh and FF forteen
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="NatalataN"]srry but there is way too much 360 coverage and not enough ps3NatalataN

more then enough. with those AA and A scores let alone letting the E's out but thats just a matter of opinion these days at least until the agency, oh and FF forteen

I'm not sure what you're even talking about. :?
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#149 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="NatalataN"]srry but there is way too much 360 coverage and not enough ps3NatalataN

You've lost me.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 789shadow

You could have replaced that with random words and it would have made more sense.