Sunset Overdrive: 900p/30fps on Xbone.

#1 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Oh my.

http://gamingbolt.com/sunset-overdri...n-the-xbox-one

The game will run at 900p and 30fps on the Xbox One, Ryan Schneider confirmed to GamingBolt. We also asked them whether there is a chance of a resolution upgrade later on, but it seems it’s not on their radar for the time being.

“If you play the game and see the experience, we are pretty comfortable where we are in terms of frame rate and resolution wise. We rather just focus on optimizing what you can see on the screen and that we think will create a better experience overall,” Ryan explained.

Discuss.

#2 Posted by tdkmillsy (1261 posts) -

Game looks awesome, not a problem really and what I expected.

Won't stop it getting slatted on here.

#3 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Leaving this here, might be useful...

:P

#4 Posted by kuu2 (6886 posts) -

Can't wait to play the best game of 2014.

#5 Edited by AzatiS (7150 posts) -

@kuu2: But but ... the new DX12SDKPatchKinectlessSuper7790 .... 900p/30fps exclusive !! Just pathetic

#6 Edited by lglz1337 (3116 posts) -

LMAO!

bonaire gaming strikes again and sunset overdrive doesn't even look next gen

exclusive games should push hardware further!

TLHBO!

#7 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (1993 posts) -

nobody cares

#8 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3367 posts) -

Hey, another resolution and FPS thread. Yay.

#9 Posted by Evo_nine (1599 posts) -

yeah just like the 900p station.

#10 Posted by ZoomZoom2490 (3934 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

yeah just like the 900p station.

your tears are filling up Mars.

#11 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

Not surprised. The Xbone can't handle open-world games with many things happening at once.

Most Xbone games will be extremely linear with 1 or 2 enemies on screen at once. What's sad is that even with this severe restriction, they still won't look as good as Second Son.

#12 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -
#13 Posted by clyde46 (44063 posts) -

Didn't they say it would be in 1080p?

#14 Posted by Effec_Tor (228 posts) -

So what happened to the cloud and gpu boost?

#15 Posted by Speak_Low (864 posts) -

It's the Kinect's fault!

#16 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (994 posts) -

I expected 30fps since it's open world, but, 900p with a cartoony style? The graphics are nice, but ithis game should do 1080p imo. Sad.

Just as sad as the cows who are about to start gloatting while Hardline is 900p on the PS4. Console res wars are great entertainment

#17 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2266 posts) -

... And 0p/0fps on PS4 . Who the f*** cares .? I myself game on PC and won't be able to play this game but that doesn't mean we need to bash each and everything . This whole resolution X vs Resolution Y battle is so stupid . Soon high end games will be running on below 1080p on both consoles (we already saw that with Watch Dogs . Witcher 3 is probably next) and this whole PR stunt from Sony will bite their own ass .

#18 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9706 posts) -

Doesn't matter to me.....after seeing the E3 roller coaster video, I am sold. Day one purchase.

I play games not resolutions.

#19 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Nah, we've seen plenty of the footage and the game looks amazing and has been getting very good previews. Insomniac has been working on it for a long time so they've locked in their engine and are optimizing the hell out of it. I'm more than ok with 900p, but then again I don't give a shit about resolution anyway. I love that the previews all say its a damn good game. Nice though to get this info out months before the game releases. Let people who talk it to death that care and then get to the meat and flesh of the game itself. I can't wait to play it. No one will need a flame shield, lol.

@Desmonic said:

Leaving this here, might be useful...

:P

#20 Edited by Gue1 (9418 posts) -

at this point lems should be comfortable with this standard.

#21 Posted by cantloginnow (96 posts) -

Sounds good.The game looks great.

#22 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@shawn30: Considering some of the answers, I think some already need it XD

Also wasn't the Cloud/DX12/lack of Kinect/magic/May update/June update/July update supposed to fix these issues? :D

#23 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9706 posts) -

Not surprised. The Xbone can't handle open-world games with many things happening at once.

Most Xbone games will be extremely linear with 1 or 2 enemies on screen at once. What's sad is that even with this severe restriction, they still won't look as good as Second Son.

Yeah that's probably why the Infamous SS world was so dead and boring.....they needed to get that 1080P/30fps.

Me, I would rather have a fun game like the way SSO looks.

#24 Posted by Zero_epyon (5065 posts) -
#25 Posted by Crypt_mx (3948 posts) -

Meh, Sunset looks awesome and is still a day one buy for me. 30fps has always been fine with me as long as it doesn't dip below that and 900p isn't so bad. Game dev's do optimize games, if it looks and runs better at 900p they aren't going to make it 1080 and sacrifice that. As long as the games good and it runs well then I have no complaints!

#26 Posted by Sollet (7304 posts) -

B-b-b-ut JUNE SDK!!!!111

#27 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Didn't they say it would be in 1080p?

All X1 games are* in 1080p.

*upscaled! :D

#28 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (1993 posts) -

#29 Edited by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

Sweet! It will make the game 10x more fun then if it was in 720!

Amazing how easy it is to make a game enjoyable

#30 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6623 posts) -

How will it perform on PS4 though? I heard it will run at 0p and 0fps.

#31 Posted by Scipio8 (614 posts) -

Awesome! This will be the best game this holiday.

#32 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -

And yet again the only people who care are people who won't be playing the game.

Game looks amazing and looks an amazing amount of fun, the fact it is only 900p means absolutely nothing quite frankly.

there are 900p games on the PS4, there are 1080p games on the xbone, this whole debate about resolutions is pointless.

#33 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Inb4 @blackace: "bu bu bu they haven't had time to implement June SDK!!!! Wait till 2015!!!!

COWS LOL!"

#34 Edited by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@bublover1 said:

Yeah that's probably why the Infamous SS world was so dead and boring.....they needed to get that 1080P/30fps.

Get it through your skull. The PS4 is A LOT stronger than the POSbox.

Once you free the DUP-controlled areas, the streets turn a lot more active. Look up the definition of a police state and then come debate me, little boy.

#35 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -

@Sollet said:

B-b-b-ut JUNE SDK!!!!111

Are you guys really thick?

How long has this game been in development?

#36 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8288 posts) -

The game looked amazingly fluid in motion, I don't care about the numbers themselves. Pixel resolution doesn't really determine pixel density.

#37 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Much like Bloodborne will perform on the X1 I hear.

#38 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

at this point lems should be comfortable with this standard.

they are, it's only SONY drones that make a huge deal about it.

#39 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (928 posts) -

So they trying to make a hella awesome game, so they sacrifice useless pixels and lock dat 30FPS (which is fine enough)

I see no problems TBH.

#40 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9706 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@bublover1 said:

Once you free the DUP-controlled areas, the streets turn a lot more active. Look up the definition of a police state and then come debate me, little boy.

The streets are active? Why are you lying to yourself? The PS4 is stronger yes but it's also showed it's limitations already.

#41 Edited by mems_1224 (46250 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Why are you comparing a fun game to some shitty japanese title?

#42 Posted by kuu2 (6886 posts) -

The game looked amazingly fluid in motion, I don't care about the numbers themselves. Pixel resolution doesn't really determine pixel density.

Pixel density only matters when talking about 1886:Lettetbox Format. Every other game is a downgrade if not 1080p

#43 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@bublover1 said:

Get it through your thick skull, power is not that important in gaming, if it was both the Ps1 and Ps2 would have been total failures in there respective generations

Games>power

More power=/=Better games.

#44 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Pixel density matters only in "fixed screens" brah (think tablets, phones, pro PC monitors and the like). Kinda hard to make it matter (from the devs point I mean) when people will be playing it in a wide array of screens (all with wildly different pixel density).

#45 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8288 posts) -

#47 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Why are you comparing a fun game to some shitty japanese title?

lolno Mems.

#48 Posted by HitmanActual (317 posts) -

I suppose it's a step up from 792p lol, things are looking up. Phil is a genius and has really turned things around. 0_o

Teh infinite powah of teh clowd at it's finest.

#49 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Sweet! It will make the game 10x more fun then if it was in 720!

Amazing how easy it is to make a game enjoyable

This article isn't about how fun the game is though, it's about resolution and frame rate. Maybe some insecurity seeping through there....just maybe...

#50 Posted by hehe101 (574 posts) -

lmao the games looks amazing graphically and gameplay wise, stay pressed fanboys.