Sony: Game Over....................

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MoneySha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 MoneySha
Member since 2013 • 209 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333: You're really not a smart person, are you....???

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@MoneySha said:

Well, one thing is for sure... With all this (so called) speculation of Sony's financial woes, Nintendo's lack of maturity, the last thing you people would want is for a company like Microsoft to have the gaming industry by the balls! Right now, you people should be getting down on your knees, and praying that SCE doesn't bite the dust...

If I remember correctly, it was companies like Nintendo who single handedly brought the light back to gaming when, gaming was all but, "dead & buried"; It was companies like Sony who, not only brought us, two of the world's greatest gaming consoles and console era(s) but, they did so with pure gaming enthusiasm in mind. Without the need to feel, they should implement some DRM, always-online, 24 hour check-in, no used games, bullcrap, to try and capitalize on more money by "piggybacking" gamer's passion for gaming.

Companies like Microsoft have made it all-but-clear, that they have no REAL interest in "gaming" but, instead, only the market side of it... Sure, you could say the same for both Nintendo and Sony but, you have to consider the fact that Nintendo IS a gaming company. The original Playstation started off as a disc based add-on for the SNES whcih, Nintendo then backed out of, and Sony decided to use it instead and turned into a full fledged console.

I think I can agree with you.

trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#203 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts

22% for Nintendo failing within 2 years? What has this person been smoking? Nintendo might be suffering a bit now, but it has cash money in the bank to keep going for the next 25 years.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#204 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

More cuts to come, financial forecasts being lowered, no uptick in the stock price for launching a successful PS4.

Yeah Sony's future is so bright right Cows.........

If Sony Didn't Have Bad News There Would Be None

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@kuu2 said:

More cuts to come, financial forecasts being lowered, no uptick in the stock price for launching a successful PS4.

Ha. I just was going to post this. I'll update the topic with this link. Thanks.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By kuu2

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@kuu2 said:

Ha. I just was going to post this. I'll update the topic with this link. Thanks.

Yeah I think this will just be the Sony financial update thread from now on. No reason to keep creating Sony financial bad news since it comes out weekly.

Financial woes continue to weigh on Sony as it looks to cut staff at production facilities, according to a Japanese report.

The consumer electronics maker will offer early retirement packages for employees at Sony EMCS, a wholly owned production subsidiary, according to a Nikkei report on Tuesday.

The subsidiary operates five production facilities in Japan and employs 5,000 people.

Sony President Kazuo Hirai has been on a crusade to revive its electronics business, which has been beset by losses. The goal was to be profitable by this fiscal year.

Related stories

• Sony sets sights on Windows Phone, says report
  • Sony, Panasonic said to have ended OLED partnership

On October 31, Sony cut its profit forecast for the fiscal year after reporting a net loss of 19.3 billion yen (about $183 million) in the second quarter and trimmed its sales forecasts at that time for consumer products such as TVs, PCs, and digital cameras.

Sony implemented staff cuts last year of 10,000.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 FoxbatAlpha

@GrenadeLauncher said:

It's almost as though kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu2 and ShitbatAlpha is the same shitposting loser.

Mods, lock this thread and permaban these fartsniffers kthx

We are different people. Why would you want us banned? We bring facts that you don't want to hear? Try growing up and bringing something to the conversation instead of crying in every post.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By kuu2

@GrenadeLauncher said:

It's almost as though kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu2 and ShitbatAlpha is the same shitposting loser.

Stop whining and take your medicine like a good Cow.

Sony continues to bleed money, cut jobs, close plants, no bounce in the stock price for breaking sales records console wise. Yet Cows pretend like everything is fine.

The thread will continue until the news stops my friend.

Deal with it.

Foxbat and I are for sure the same. We are here just to drive you crazy. Don't look outside your window we are in our black helicopter spying on you. Moooooohhhahahahaha. :p

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

In fact, let's expand that to banning anyone with a Shitbox Live avatar.

Lem tears will be delicious when Elop shitcans the Shitbox.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

As the yen has fallen by about 30% vs the dollar over the last year thanks to the Japanese government devaluing it, I've a feeling this year might see a big swing in Sony's favour.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Folks stay on topic and discuss the matter at hand. You've been warned.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic:

Nothing but GREAT things to come for SONY and the world famous PS4.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#214 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Man this thread took quite the turn.

But i've heard it all before Sony will die in 2009

Sony will die in 2010

sony willy die in 2011

sony will die in 2012

sony will die in 2013

and not it's extending into sony will die in 2014

There's no doubt the company has had it's financial short comings. But hasn't it been in the past year or two they've only started restructuring?

I'm not gonna sit here and say they WILL go bankrupt but i'm not saying they won't. But people take one tiny iota of information and blow it up 100x more than what it actually is.

Combine it with the ignorance and people who are borderline sociopaths here, it becomes a completely different monster. I don't get why some of you herald the destruction of a company
a good thing. It's quite baffling why some of you sit here and pray sony goes out of business. People will lose their jobs and there will be a loss of diversity on the market.That's never a good thing.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@kuu2 said:

Yeah I think this will just be the Sony financial update thread from now on. No reason to keep creating Sony financial bad news since it comes out weekly.

Financial woes continue to weigh on Sony as it looks to cut staff at production facilities, according to a Japanese report.

The consumer electronics maker will offer early retirement packages for employees at Sony EMCS, a wholly owned production subsidiary, according to a Nikkei report on Tuesday.

The subsidiary operates five production facilities in Japan and employs 5,000 people.

Sony President Kazuo Hirai has been on a crusade to revive its electronics business, which has been beset by losses. The goal was to be profitable by this fiscal year.

Related stories

• Sony sets sights on Windows Phone, says report
  • Sony, Panasonic said to have ended OLED partnership

On October 31, Sony cut its profit forecast for the fiscal year after reporting a net loss of 19.3 billion yen (about $183 million) in the second quarter and trimmed its sales forecasts at that time for consumer products such as TVs, PCs, and digital cameras.

Sony implemented staff cuts last year of 10,000.

That's really sad cause its another 5000 jobs lost. There's nothing good about that. Sony is in dire shape and its not fanboyism or system wars, its a fact.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Sony will die in 2010

sony willy die in 2011

sony will die in 2012

sony will die in 2013

There's no doubt the company has had it's financial short comings. But hasn't it been in the past year or two they've only started restructuring?

I'm not gonna sit here and say they WILL go bankrupt but i'm not saying they won't. But people take one tiny iota of information and blow it up 100x more than what it actually is.

Combine it with the ignorance and people who are borderline sociopaths here, it becomes a completely different monster. I don't get why some of you herald the destruction of a company

a good thing. It's quite baffling why some of you sit here and pray sony goes out of business. People will lose their jobs and there will be a loss of diversity on the market.That's never a good thing.

Look at what you just posted as evidence of how bad things are. They have been hemorrhaging money for the last 4 years, are nearly rated junk status on stock, selling buildings to pay off debts, and predicted to possibly be bankrupt in 2 years. None of that means you shouldn't buy or enjoy your PS4, nor does anyone I hope see this as a good thing as tons of people will lose their jobs. But these aren't gaming gossip or rumors, these are financial facts that the company is in very bad shape and people should be aware of it.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@Wasdie said:

Sony has been "dead" since 2009. Guess what, they are still around. Beating a dead horse at this point.

can't beat this horse. try, i dare you.

it's coming i feel. Cows and others can disregard it all they want. Sony should have put out a console that was going to instantly gain them profit. the article brings up a lot of good points. their arrogance is set to bite them, finally.

And the lemmings' battle against insecurity continues....

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Animal-Mother

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Sony will die in 2010

sony willy die in 2011

sony will die in 2012

sony will die in 2013

Look at what you just posted as evidence of how bad things are. They have been hemorrhaging money for the last 4 years, are nearly rated junk status on stock, selling buildings to pay off debts, and predicted to possibly be bankrupt in 2 years. None of that means you shouldn't buy or enjoy your PS4, nor does anyone I hope see this as a good thing as tons of people will lose their jobs. But these aren't gaming gossip or rumors, these are financial facts that the company is in very bad shape and people should be aware of it.

That is not what I meant at all.

I'm not denying facts. But the fact is everyone has been shouting this from the rooftops for years. And nothing has happened.

Also it's a business shit happens. If they have to lay off employees to survive so be it. Is it sad? Absolutely. Is it necessary for sonys survival as a business? Yes. They'll do what they have to do to survive. I don't believe they'll completely fall apart. But they'll probably have to go bankrupt and go through serious restructuring

ccagracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 ccagracing
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

Sony won't die, they would be bought over and the debt refinanced and split into smaller companies. Sony make some great products, the w905 series of TV's are fantastic and the have some real good sir/slt cameras.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By kuu2

I don't want to see Sony go under but man it is not looking good. I just wonder how the company will afford big budget games with no money to support them.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I'm calling it right now. PS5 is a go guys, locked and mother fucking loaded. It will offer a barn bursting amount of world class games, just like every other Sony console has done.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@kuu2 said:

I don't want to see Sony go under but man it is not looking good. I just wonder how the company will afford big budget games with no money to support them.

I'll let you know after Infamous, The Order, and Uncharted 4 release.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

They'll keep dominating until that day.

SDC.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha:

I think Sony will file bankruptcy. But, that doesn't mean anything for gamers. Lots of companies file for bankruptcy and continue on. Look at GM ...

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@CrumUnderMe said:

@joel_c17 said:

@CrumUnderMe: lol keep hoping that lems

how can i be a lem when im watching netflix on my ps4 and holding my dual shock 4 :|

No games confirmed. Again.

KZ: Shadowfall isn't a game?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#226  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Stephen Elop is no longer in the running to replace Steve Ballmer. You're tears are the only ones flowing right now. lol!! Next time do some research Cow.

http://www.mobileworldlive.com/elop-among-favourites-microsoft-ceo-role

http://bgr.com/2013/11/29/microsoft-ceo-search-elop-leaks-analysis/

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Sony is trying to do too much with "entertainment". Their biggest income is probably for movies and not games. They should just scrape the Playstation brand and be like Sega and make games. The Playstation brand is continuing in making them bleed money.

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

i love you sony please don't die and you need to stop make boxy phone i hate it and you have to discount your overpriced tv

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Animal-Mother

@gago-gago said:

Sony is trying to do too much with "entertainment". Their biggest income is probably for movies and not games. They should just scrape the Playstation brand and be like Sega and make games. The Playstation brand is continuing in making them bleed money.

Well it also doesn't help that they haven't been a strong provider in TV's or other electronics lately.

I mean all they did was make products that cannibalize each other And products that we're "ok" at best.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

even if it happened i would put money on the japanese government bailing them out.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#231 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Sony will die in 2010

sony willy die in 2011

sony will die in 2012

sony will die in 2013

Exactly. Same shit, different year.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@CrumUnderMe said:

except microsoft wont buy out any exclusives and just keep cramming kinect down your throat, they cant even keep titanfall off the stinkpc or 360 and the next games will be on ps4

MS are trying to unify their platforms. PC is an MS platform, 360 is an MS platform, X1 is an MS platform. 1 game across all three platforms is what they want because they are trying to make their OSes more universal for programmers. If you think MS wanted to keep titanfall as an x1 exclusive only, then you really have no clue on life son.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#233 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

"Personally, I feel that Sony will be just fine and this is just a statistic, it doesn’t mean something will actually happen at the end of the day. I’ve been fully aware of Sony’s financial woes for the last 7 years (unlike most gamers) but at the same time, I feel that they are a smart enough corporation to turn things around."

So, why is the thread here again?

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

I been hearing this story for the last ten years, keep it going you silly turd.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#235 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@k1ngd0m4g3rul3z said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Sony takes huge risks and it shows. PlayStation 4 is the shovel that should dig it out of this "junk"

How exactly? The console is sold at cost.

Plus Sony is a big company, gaming division is only a fraction.

A big company with money bleeding all over. Walkman as a brand is dead, their TVs has long been surpassed by the likes of Samsung and Sharp. Sony's phones are also next to non existent.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Stephen Elop is no longer in the running to replace Steve Ballmer. You're tears are the only ones flowing right now. lol!! Next time do some research Cow.

Maybe you should keep up to date with the facts. Elop is going to be the head of Devices anyway. He's going to Nokia the Xbox brand. I can't wait. :DDDDDD

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 GrenadeLauncher
@Phazevariance said:

@CrumUnderMe said:

except microsoft wont buy out any exclusives and just keep cramming kinect down your throat, they cant even keep titanfall off the stinkpc or 360 and the next games will be on ps4

MS are trying to unify their platforms. PC is an MS platform, 360 is an MS platform, X1 is an MS platform. 1 game across all three platforms is what they want because they are trying to make their OSes more universal for programmers. If you think MS wanted to keep titanfall as an x1 exclusive only, then you really have no clue on life son.

The way they tried to force PC gamers onto the Xbox Live ecosystem through Games for Windows Live? That was a stunning success.

Avatar image for deactivated-603db33572396
deactivated-603db33572396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 deactivated-603db33572396
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts

@Phazevariance said:

@CrumUnderMe said:

kiss me

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#239 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

I been hearing this story for the last ten years, keep it going you silly turd.

I doubt bankruptcy will happen but things are starting to get desperate for Sony they're losing on average about $5 billion a year only covered up by selling assets, how long can they keep this up I don't, but I can see massive changes comming in the next few years.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Maybe you should keep up to date with the facts. Elop is going to be the head of Devices anyway. He's going to Nokia the Xbox brand. I can't wait. :DDDDDD

So, what you're saying is that he is going to head a division and will axe the biggest money maker of that division? Elop gambled by releasing his idea of axing the Xbox brand to try to get shareholders to support his idea and catapult his bid for CEO. The whole tactic wreaked of desperation. He had no shot at the position. He knew it and so did others. Personally, I think he screwed himself. I doubt he's going to be head of devices now. He had a shot at it before he released his silly plan. It wouldn't make sense for him to lead it now, unless WinPhone is separated from Xbox.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 GrenadeLauncher

@lhughey said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

So, what you're saying is that he is going to head a division and will axe the biggest money maker of that division? Elop gambled by releasing his idea of axing the Xbox brand to try to get shareholders to support his idea and catapult his bid for CEO. The whole tactic wreaked of desperation. He had no shot at the position. He knew it and so did others. Personally, I think he screwed himself. I doubt he's going to be head of devices now. He had a shot at it before he released his silly plan. It wouldn't make sense for him to lead it now, unless WinPhone is separated from Xbox.

You mean biggest black hole? Xbox has made a total loss of $3 billion since its inception and it'll get even wider after the R&D and all the desperate damage control by Microsoft.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Stop whining and take your medicine like a good Cow.

Sony continues to bleed money, cut jobs, close plants, no bounce in the stock price for breaking sales records console wise. Yet Cows pretend like everything is fine.

The thread will continue until the news stops my friend.

Deal with it.

Foxbat and I are for sure the same. We are here just to drive you crazy. Don't look outside your window we are in our black helicopter spying on you. Moooooohhhahahahaha. :p

this thread is delicious....

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#243  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Sony takes huge risks and it shows. PlayStation 4 is the shovel that should dig it out of this "junk"

The PS4 is not really a huge risk. It's a really safe product that is mostly appealing to the hardcore.It's sony's attempt at creating another ps2.Sony can not really rely on the ps4 to save their company because the console won't since it only makes up a small amount of potential money they can make per year.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By lhughey

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lhughey said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

You mean biggest black hole? Xbox has made a total loss of $3 billion since its inception and it'll get even wider after the R&D and all the desperate damage control by Microsoft.

Don't you mean the division, which included the Kin, Surface and Zune? I'd love to see a credible chart of the performance of the the Xbox brand (not the entire division) over the last three years. I bet the brand would be profitable, even though Xbox doesn't have to make a lot of money to be successful.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@lhughey said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lhughey said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Don't you mean the division, which included the Kin, Surface and Zune? I'd love to see a credible chart of the performance of the the Xbox brand (not the entire division) over the last three years. I bet the brand would be profitable, even though Xbox doesn't have to make a lot of money to be successful.

Here you go.

Ouch!

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By lhughey

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lhughey said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lhughey said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Here you go.

Ouch!

Sigh, I knew you were going to do that, so I explicitly said I would like a chart for the Xbox brand, not the entire gaming and entertainment division. Like I mentioned in my last post, that division includes (or included) products such as the Kin, Zune and Surface. Also, note that M$ did a 900M writeoff on the Surface, which demolished the division's profitability.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@Netherscourge: this thread is here to discuss the impact of investors and devs having some reserve about putting a game out on a Sony console. Eventually Sony's shaky ground may play a role in these decisions.

Much like devs weren't making games for the WiiU, because of very low sales. Devs could stop supporting the PS4 if they feel something bad is going to happen.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@lhughey said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lhughey said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lhughey said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Here you go.

Ouch!

Sigh, I knew you were going to do that, so I explicitly said I would like a chart for the Xbox brand, not the entire gaming and entertainment division. Like I mentioned in my last post, that division includes (or included) products such as the Kin, Zune and Surface. Also, note that M$ did a 900M writeoff on the Surface, which demolished the division's profitability.

That is the gaming division, it says right there in the title. This graph was done before they crammed together all the hardware to hide the Xbox losses and distract the share holders.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 lhughey

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lhughey said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lhughey said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lhughey said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Here you go.

Ouch!

That is the gaming division, it says right there in the title. This graph was done before they crammed together all the hardware to hide the Xbox losses and distract the share holders.

I specifically said it would be nice to see a chart for the Xbox BRAND (I also said NOT the division). Then you post a graph depicting the financial performance of the DIVISION. So, what is your argument at this point?

Ahh, they put them together to distract the shareholders, you say? But when you invest in a company via stock, you get a detailed shareholder performance report mailed each quarter. And if you're a shareholder with a large owning, you definitely know which part the business is doing well and which is a burden.

And I'm not even going to touch your assumption that profits earned from FY-FY12 were gained from some other product in the division besides the Xbox. <sarcasm on>No, there's no correlation between the Xbox's 2nd year and the divisions performance improvement between Fy08-Fy12. And that correlation certainly wouldn't be attributed to production improvements that happen during a consoles lifespan. The division made the money by selling lots of zunes and kins. And the dip in FY12 certainly couldn't be related to the production and marketing costs for the Surface. Its that silly Xbox could no longer ride the Zune's coattails <sarcasm off>

I usually have a lot of patience, but I'm through with this foolishness.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#250 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Sony will die in 2010

sony willy die in 2011

sony will die in 2012

sony will die in 2013

In a way all of those are correct. Every year Sony is getting smaller and smaller. It's was such a large company you may not be hard to see the changes. I wrote an article for the System Wars monthly back in the start of 2013 that went over everything they closed so far and it was a huge list. No one wants Sony to go out of business, I think too many people are missing the points. It's normal human nature to wonder and ponder how things could change in the future. Even if Sony goes bankrupt, that does not mean the end of the company. Many companies have come back stronger than ever after going bankrupt, look at the many car companies. This is going based on the idea that Japan's bankrupt rules are close to the US, I don't know enough about their rules to judge any other way.