So Sony screwed up and gave NA back to Xbox.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I don't really see this as a huge victory for MS as some people do around here. Sure, there's no doubt that an extra $50 of ca-ching and a game swayed some people over to the Xbox this holiday season and to deny that it would is asinine fanboyism of the highest order. That being said, the people that did buy the PS4 were all quality consumers who are not swayed by aggressive price slashing and will likely be more avid game consumers throughout the console cycle. It's plain to see why MS made the move they did, because they are in the dubious position of losing Live subscribers every year that the XBone languishes at the holiday season and they need to protect that revenue.

Wal-MartBox is not out of the frying pan, yet. Do enjoy the two months of victory, though. Don't let me spoil it for you, lems.

I'm going to guess you have no factual basis for any of this crap

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#102 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Even after the reveal and all boning its still doing good. Guess any press can be good press after all. These consoles certainly aren't selling off strength of library.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Shewgenja said:

I don't really see this as a huge victory for MS as some people do around here. Sure, there's no doubt that an extra $50 of ca-ching and a game swayed some people over to the Xbox this holiday season and to deny that it would is asinine fanboyism of the highest order. That being said, the people that did buy the PS4 were all quality consumers who are not swayed by aggressive price slashing and will likely be more avid game consumers throughout the console cycle. It's plain to see why MS made the move they did, because they are in the dubious position of losing Live subscribers every year that the XBone languishes at the holiday season and they need to protect that revenue.

Wal-MartBox is not out of the frying pan, yet. Do enjoy the two months of victory, though. Don't let me spoil it for you, lems.

I'm supposing you have a qualified objection?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 lostrib

@Shewgenja said:

@lostrib said:

@Shewgenja said:

well do you have any facts to back up your statements.

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts

@Gue1: I think the $70 price drop was just for black friday. Its not like ps4 didnt have its own deals. Gta 5 and the last of us for 399 wasnt bad either. Plus i doubt microsoft really took a hit, we all forget kinect isnt a part of that sku.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@b4x said:

When was he a good insider... You're delusional.

He was a good insider you idiot most of the stuff he leaked was spot on,in fact 80% of what he say or more was true only in the last year he started to miss and many claim because MS fed him false info in order to identify him and make him miss.

he leaked the xbox 360 you freaking moron he also leaked GTA SA as well he had a great track record,hell he leaked the disaster with MS dev kits on launch and leaked the performance gaps he also claimed that the xbox one would reach 1080p more as time move on so yeah he was a good insider.

@tdkmillsy said:

So Sony didn't offer any free games or bundles in the last month. Don't talk wet their where tons of deals for both consoles.

Of course Microsoft was going to lower the price, they dropped Kinect they where not going to leave the price as it was.

The fact is both consoles sold at roughly the same price with different but equally good deals and Xbox One sold more.

I saw just as many Sony adverts as I did Microsoft in the UK. Sony did what they could but simply couldn't compete.

Going forward its going to be closer but Sony has the lead and will keep it for a good while. But the landslide victories are a thing of the past. Microsoft need to keep the price slightly less and they will do fine.

There were 2 only LBP3 + lego batman and GTA 5+TLOU and both were for Blakcfriday not for all month,in fact neogaf admit bishoptl claimed that it was the bundle what make the PS4 get some sales and end up in 800k it was much lower.

MS had a bundle all month long Sony didn't and sony wasn't selling the unit for $330 either with a $50 dollar gift card on top of the free games.

Don't try to make it like it was even it just wasn't.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@clr84651 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@clr84651 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows said the Xbox Won would never sell.

Now it is selling and just the thought of it overtaking NA is putting cow denial and suicide watch at a all time high.

It's called Xmas time in the U.S. A very temporary time X1 will outsell in the U.S. You guys are so dumb not to understand this.

I understand that the Xbox just won the most important month of a year and did it with a bang....................in style. BOOM.

I know that it did. Xbox sales go way up in N.A. every Nov & Dec due to American's Xmas buying habits & outsells PS those 2 months every year. 2 months around Xmas doesn't = overtaking N.A. Remember last gen with X fans saying the 360 had won the gen long before it was over? We all know how that turned out, PS3 coming from behind to catch the 360 in sales. Now you're prematurely calling X1 overtaking N.A. Dumb behavior. It sets MS and X Fans up to look very dumb. Maybe you're used to that?

I think you are putting words in my mouth here. I never claimed it was overtaking N.A. I simply said the thought of it.............

And me look dumb? I'm the smartest one around here. I have an I.Q. of 67.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: Worldwide sales matter most anyway. Also, let's not pretend that MS didn't almost give away the X1 in November. I wonder how much you'll care about NPD come early next year.

Sage you always have so much ass hurt. Today is no different. bu bu worldwide sales. See you in Jan. for the December NPD.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#109  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44687 Posts

Hopefully this means MS sticks with their sales prices and bundles to help sell systems. And hopefully Sony to try to keep its advantage drops the price and starts bundling games as well. If so, everybody that's a gamer wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Lol MS wins one period of the year and suddenly NA is MS' again.

- PS4's still got the lead in NA

- It's been outselling the Xbox all year

- Sony are still sitting on a price drop

- Sony haven't released any of their biggest games with UC4 and possibly GT7 on the way in 2015 whereas the Xbox's line up looks barren

Just think about it, Sony are happy selling consoles at $400 and making a profit whilst MS are estimated to have lost at least $63m to push consoles at $350. If Sony were concerned they'd have dropped the price. Simply there's only one company scrambling here.

I'm also sceptical that games like MCC made any difference given the way they dropped off the charts. E.g. Titanfall was hailed as the second coming yet couldn't topple the PS4's sales.

In the US the cheaper console tends to sell best. The Xbox had a good year with games but it's a PS4 price drop away from getting stomped again.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
@b4x said:

Amazon December best sellers. X1 AC bundle number 1..... PS4 40. All video game related sales.

Laugh.. Amazon right?... Amazon Nov best sellers were a direct refection of NPD. The sad part The AC bundle was number 3 in Nov the closest PS4 console was 16. Now it's 1 and 40.

Then when Microsoft drops another 50 off the X1 throws in a game. What then?

PS4's been sold out for the first ten days of the month on Amazon. Dat demand.

Satya isn't going to throw that much money into a pit when he's focusing on mobile and cloud.

@Scipio8 said:

So much cow ownage and butt hurt, I'm going to celebrate this tonight with juicy angus sirloin and a bottle of cabernet sauvignon

Lulz

Another classic from Insipid8.

@cantloginnow said:

Dat spin...check

Making shit up...check

Insulting...check

This guy is pissed.lol

Cold hard fact, I'm afraid.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 tormentos

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Sagemode87 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: Worldwide sales matter most anyway. Also, let's not pretend that MS didn't almost give away the X1 in November. I wonder how much you'll care about NPD come early next year.

Sage you always have so much ass hurt. Today is no different. bu bu worldwide sales. See you in Jan. for the December NPD.

See you in Feb for January NPD when the xbox one already is 399 again...

I am sure that by then you will not care about sales again like it was for most of 2014..hahahaa

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

like i said before ps4/x1 even launched, sony will dominate europe/japan and uk/us will be a draw or ms slightly edging it. either way its a huge win for sony considering they got smashed in us/uk last gen.

there is no way in hell x1 will EVER catch up to ps4 world wide sales, just not gona happen. ps4 has this gen in the bag

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178877 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

like i said before ps4/x1 even launched, sony will dominate europe/japan and uk/us will be a draw or ms slightly edging it. either way its a huge win for sony considering they got smashed in us/uk last gen.

there is no way in hell x1 will EVER catch up to ps4 world wide sales, just not gona happen. ps4 has this gen in the bag

I don't think MS is going to dominate anywhere....including the US. They sold some consoles due to price drops and free games but Christmas isn't every month and consumers don't spend like they do for that holiday. They barely edged Sony for one month. Wonder how their investors feel now.....

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ghostwarrior786

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

I don't think MS is going to dominate anywhere....including the US. They sold some consoles due to price drops and free games but Christmas isn't every month and consumers don't spend like they do for that holiday. They barely edged Sony for one month. Wonder how their investors feel now.....

dont know if this comment was directed at me but i never said ms will dominate any market. us/uk will virtually be a tie. and inventors wont care too much if they take a hit on hardware because they make money from software/xbl. lets say they lose $60 per console sold, think of all the software that user buys either on xbox store or retail stores + xbl fees, they will make that money back in no time.

sony doesnt really want to take as much of a hit because the company is in dire shape financially so they want to make as much profit as they can + going into a price war right now makes no sense considering its only been 1 year since launch

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 LJS9502_basic

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

dont know if this comment was directed at me but i never said ms will dominate any market. us/uk will virtually be a tie. and inventors wont care too much if they take a hit on hardware because they make money from software/xbl. lets say they lose $60 per console sold, think of all the software that user buys either on xbox store or retail stores + xbl fees, they will make that money back in no time.

sony doesnt really want to take as much of a hit because the company is in dire shape financially so they want to make as much profit as they can + going into a price war right now makes no sense considering its only been 1 year since launch

You do know MS investor already want out of the market....correct?

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 ghostwarrior786
@LJS9502_basic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

the what? and ms have billions in reserve 1 investor leaving them dont mean shit. they had record profits last year if i remember correctly

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Sony is bleeding cash. Of course they're not going to match desperate price cuts from their competitors if they don't absolutely have to.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

This is a massive blow losing the holiday sales. Now cows only got that Order 1886 to look forward to boost sales in the Q1 2015. But even that Sony fanboy site Eurogamer is calling it a flop waiting in the wings. Looking into holiday 2015, even UC3 looks downgraded. Its going to be another blood bath next holiday - Halo 5 + Tomb Raider + Quantum Break + Forza 5 (possibly)...man the hits keep on coming...then 2016 possibly Gears of War 4, Crackdown 3, Titan Fall 2.....ohh Lord have mercy. Dang! cows cant catch a break!

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

This is a massive blow losing the holiday sales. Now cows only got that Order 1886 to look forward to boost sales in the Q1 2015. But even that Sony fanboy site Eurogamer is calling it a flop waiting in the wings. Looking into holiday 2015, even UC3 looks downgraded. Its going to be another blood bath next holiday - Halo 5 + Tomb Raider + Quantum Break + Forza 5 (possibly)...man the hits keep on coming...then 2016 possibly Gears of War 4, Crackdown 3, Titan Fall 2.....ohh Lord have mercy. Dang! cows cant catch a break!

They'll have to make do with winning 2014 and 2015 instead, Insipid8. What a shame.

Might pick up a Shitbox next year when it's £79 quid with free Swedish babe and PS4 copy of The Phantom Pain thrown in.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Shewgenja

@lostrib said:

@Shewgenja said:

@lostrib said:

@Shewgenja said:

Well, yes. It's economics. Look how radically the pendulum swung? You have to take into account exactly how large the price and value of the games were swaying decsion-making that if left in its natural state swung all the way to PS4 being victorious. You also have to look at how well the PS4 did even in the face of this value-added bundling. The story isn't so much about how many XBone buyers did MS take from the PS4 (There were some, I'm 100% sure of it mind you.) but how many people who thought they would make the leap to the XBone (statistically, in all likelihood previous 360 owners) years from now. This time last year, this was a $500 game machine. Now it is a $350 machine with two games. The people that said "There's no way I could afford one of these but I love my 360 and I like XBox" were given a 2016 or even 2017 level surprise this holiday season.

Now, as far as MS is concerned. That is rock solid planning because the more you leave people flapping in the wind over the years, the more chance they have of saying "Forget it, I want the PS4 now." The actual 1-200k people that decided that the Xbone was the better deal with a slight savings and two Assassin's Creed games is a price Sony will have to pay. However, those are uninformed price conscious consumers. When the dust settles, I expect to see a few people standing in line at Wal-Mart's customer service desk on the 27th with an XBone in hand and their gift receipt.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@lostrib said:

@Shewgenja said:

@lostrib said:

@Shewgenja said:

Well, yes. It's economics. Look how radically the pendulum swung? You have to take into account exactly how large the price and value of the games were swaying decsion-making that if left in its natural state swung all the way to PS4 being victorious. You also have to look at how well the PS4 did even in the face of this value-added bundling. The story isn't so much about how many XBone buyers did MS take from the PS4 (There were some, I'm 100% sure of it mind you.) but how many people who thought they would make the leap to the XBone (statistically, in all likelihood previous 360 owners) years from now. This time last year, this was a $500 game machine. Now it is a $350 machine with two games. The people that said "There's no way I could afford one of these but I love my 360 and I like XBox" were given a 2016 or even 2017 level surprise this holiday season.

Now, as far as MS is concerned. That is rock solid planning because the more you leave people flapping in the wind over the years, the more chance they have of saying "Forget it, I want the PS4 now." The actual 1-200k people that decided that the Xbone was the better deal with a slight savings and two Assassin's Creed games is a price Sony will have to pay. However, those are uninformed price conscious consumers. When the dust settles, I expect to see a few people standing in line at Wal-Mart's customer service desk on the 27th with an XBone in hand and their gift receipt.

Come on, dude. This is getting close to tin-foil hat conspiracy. Its a business. Sony and Microsoft run it like such.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 lostrib

@clone01 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@lostrib said:

@Shewgenja said:

Come on, dude. This is getting close to tin-foil hat conspiracy. Its a business. Sony and Microsoft run it like such.

A simple no would have sufficed, rather than that drivel

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#124 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Cows are absurd. Ps4. Was offered around 370-380 with gta and Lou plus $50 gift cards too. Both systems were giving good deals over the holidays here.

X1 owners also buy more games than ps4 I believe as well

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Shewgenja

@clone01 said:

@lostrib said:

*tire squeeling noise here*

Guys, I don't even know what you're turning this into. *points at thread title*

I'll simplify what I'm saying so it doesn't get lost in the translation. All I am really getting at is that assuming that every single person who bought an XBone this November and December was someone who was sold on buying a PS4 until they looked to their left and saw angels singing while god rays illuminated the Xbox One are getting WAY ahead of themselves. This whole thread is operating under an assumption of market psychology and I am offering an alternative explanation.

..and when cross-plat games as well as PS4 exclusives continue to chart well ahead of the XBone's cross-plats and exclusives month for month in this supposed America that Sony dun goof'd and "gave back to XBox" we will know who's wearing the tin-foil hat. Savvy?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 lostrib

@Shewgenja said:

@clone01 said:

@lostrib said:

*tire squeeling noise here*

Guys, I don't even know what you're turning this into. *points at thread title*

I'll simplify what I'm saying so it doesn't get lost in the translation. All I am really getting at is that assuming that every single person who bought an XBone this November and December was someone who was sold on buying a PS4 until they looked to their left and saw angels singing while god rays illuminated the Xbox One are getting WAY ahead of themselves. This whole thread is operating under an assumption of market psychology and I am offering an alternative explanation.

..and when cross-plat games as well as PS4 exclusives continue to chart well ahead of the XBone's cross-plats and exclusives month for month in this supposed America that Sony dun goof'd and "gave back to XBox" we will know who's wearing the tin-foil hat. Savvy?

Okay, so you're agreeing you have no evidence or basis for what you're saying. Got it

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Shewgenja

@lostrib said:

Okay, so you're agreeing you have no evidence or basis for what you're saying. Got it

I'm asserting that quantitative evidence will reveal that OPs qualitative assumption on market forces is incorrect.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 lostrib

@Shewgenja said:

@lostrib said:

I'm asserting that quantitative evidence will reveal that OPs qualitative assumption on market forces is incorrect.

which you don't seem to have

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Shewgenja

@lostrib said:

@Shewgenja said:

@lostrib said:

which you don't seem to have

That is correct! However, I do have a history of informed guidance here at SW to lean on.

While the Cows and the Lems were on the tips of their toes waiting for NPD results to decide whether TitanFall, E3's Game of The Show 2012, was going to finally give the Xbone the bump it needed to pull a W over the PS4 I was over here like..

and what I am telling ya'll right now is that unless MS wants to keep the double bundle at $350 at this point, the best case scenario is that sales go neck and neck between the two. This is not what market equilibrium looks like. To pretend that it is or even possibly is, is to be way more off the farm than anyone can accuse me of. This isn't rocket science, brain surgery or even Pythagorean Mathematics I'm explaining here. I will continue to be this guy while MS makes absolute muppets of its hardcore supporters like the OP. It's kind of what I do and there is a mountain of evidence of that.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I would hope so after dropping the joke of the industry Kinect and the price by $150. MS thought people would pay for Kinect and be ok with it. They were wrong and this shows that very well.

Absolutely this, nicely said Heil. The Kinect thing was so ridiculous with it being "mandatory" to have. I am so glad that people didn't buy into this garbage. Now we have a decent console at an excellent price (bundle wise). Many Sony fan boys said price reduction wasn't gonna matter and well it did. BUT Sony ain't worried. They keep making a profit with every console sold, still the leader world wide and all around has a great line up for 2015. I truly don't know who the winner is.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#131  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

I actually think what MS has done has some merit... They took what everybody knows to be a weaker machine with practically the same lineup as its stronger counterpart and made it sell more, despite common consensus worldwide being that it's a terrible console... at $150 cheaper than when it launched a mere 13 months ago, but still.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Wickerman777

@ianhh6 said:

I actually think what MS has done has some merit... They took what everybody knows to be a weaker machine with practically the same lineup as its stronger counterpart and made it sell more, despite common consensus worldwide being that it's a terrible console... at $150 cheaper than when it launched a mere 13 months ago, but still.

I've been surprised. It's getting slaughtered in Europe but it's doing better in NA than I thought it could.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#133 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

PS3 launched at $599 USD and still beat the xbox360 in worldwide sales. That is impressive.

PS4 lauched at $399 USD and is demolishing the Xbone in worldwide sales. Sony won the gen.

Sony has better brand recognition worldwide. Sony has more PlayStation fans worldwide. The fanbase alone promises them the win. PS2 sold 160 Million consoles. PS3/360 took those fans and split them last gen with 80 million each. That is not going to happen again. The majority would rather buy a Playstation than an xbox when given the choice.

Sony has given them that choice. They have a drastically cheaper console this time. It is a no brainer that PS has won the gen.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Wickerman777
@stuff238 said:

PS3 launched at $599 USD and still beat the xbox360 in worldwide sales. That is impressive.

PS4 lauched at $399 USD and is demolishing the Xbone in worldwide sales. Sony won the gen.

Sony has better brand recognition worldwide. Sony has more PlayStation fans worldwide. The fanbase alone promises them the win. PS2 sold 160 Million consoles. PS3/360 took those fans and split them last gen with 80 million each. That is not going to happen again. The majority would rather buy a Playstation than an xbox when given the choice.

Sony has given them that choice. They have a drastically cheaper console this time. It is a no brainer that PS has won the gen.

I know it's a petty thing when ya really think about it but I like MS's achievements system and think that Sony's answer to it, trophies, is not nearly as cool. They should just admit it was a great idea and ape it completely.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Catalli  Moderator

@Wickerman777 said:

@ianhh6 said:

I've been surprised. It's getting slaughtered in Europe but it's doing better in NA than I thought it could.

Yeah I honestly don't know of a SINGLE person here in Barcelona who owns or wants to own an Xbox. When both consoles launched the question everybody was asking each other was "so, you gonna get the ps4 now or wait?" Even the few people I know who had a 360 last gen are refusing to buy an Xbone this time around. Obviously that doesn't mean no one's gonna get it :p but I consider it pretty representative of the fact that there is no consequential division between the two consoles here like there is in the US or in the UK.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Wickerman777
@ianhh6 said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@ianhh6 said:

Yeah I honestly don't know of a SINGLE person here in Barcelona who owns or wants to own an Xbox. When both consoles launched the question everybody was asking each other was "so, you gonna get the ps4 now or wait?" Even the few people I know who had a 360 last gen are refusing to buy an Xbone this time around. Obviously that doesn't mean no one's gonna get it :p but I consider it pretty representative of the fact that there is no consequential division between the two consoles here like there is in the US or in the UK.

I mentioned the achievements thing a minute ago but I personally know 2 people who refuse to abandon the Xbox brand solely because they don't want to lose their Xbox profile. Believe it or not.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Catalli  Moderator

@Wickerman777 said:

I mentioned the achievements thing a minute ago but I personally know 2 people who refuse to abandon the Xbox brand solely because they don't want to lose their Xbox profile. Believe it or not.

Honestly I've never been all that attached to my PSN account, so I can't understand that being a factor for me... but maybe if you're a real fanboy... So much so logic ceases to take form within you, I guess I can see it :p

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Wickerman777
@ianhh6 said:

@Wickerman777 said:

Honestly I've never been all that attached to my PSN account, so I can't understand that being a factor for me... but maybe if you're a real fanboy... So much so logic ceases to take form within you, I guess I can see it :p

Well, I don't know any PS owners that are that attached to their accounts either (And 1 of the 2 guys I mentioned has both systems. He's obsessed with his XBL gamerscore but doesn't care at all about his PS3 trophies). But that's probably because Sony's profile system is not as good. There are plenty of Xbox guys that are big-time into their achievement scores. The system hits the same kind of nerve that chasing high scores back in the arcade days did. The system is brilliant and that's why they care about it so much.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@b4x said:

Amazon December best sellers. X1 AC bundle number 1..... PS4 40. All video game related sales.

Laugh.. Amazon right?... Amazon Nov best sellers were a direct refection of NPD. The sad part The AC bundle was number 3 in Nov the closest PS4 console was 16. Now it's 1 and 40.

Then when Microsoft drops another 50 off the X1 throws in a game. What then?

PS4's been sold out for the first ten days of the month on Amazon. Dat demand.

Satya isn't going to throw that much money into a pit when he's focusing on mobile and cloud.

This is a NPD thread. The only thing they have sold out in America on Amazon is the white unicorn TLOU / GTA5 bundle.

Satya just made a statement he was doubling down on the Sony fanboys with the Xbox brand. He claimed the Bing losses are tiny in comparison to what he would do to crush fanboys like you under his thumb. His words not mine. :p

Don't ever doubt Amazon Charts. Sony doesn't.

"We are thrilled with the incredible momentum seen at retail heading into the holiday shopping season. PS4 is the cumulative leader in hardware sales and was #1 on the Amazon Video Games Bestseller list on Black Friday. On the network side, November was the biggest month ever in PlayStation Store history with a nearly 50 percent increase in unique visitors compared to last year. We couldn’t have done any of this without the support of our fans. The immediate success of PlayStation Experience and celebration of the 20th Anniversary demonstrates tremendous dedication to the PlayStation platform. We are humbled by the loyalty of our fans and look forward to amazing them in 2015."

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Catalli  Moderator

@Wickerman777 said:
@ianhh6 said:

@Wickerman777 said:

Well, I don't know any PS owners that are that attached to their accounts either. But that's probably because Sony's profile system is not as good. There are plenty of Xbox guys that are big-time into their achievement scores. The system hits the same kind of nerve that chasing high scores back in the arcade days did. The system is brilliant and that's why they care about it so much.

Ah well then I'd say it's perfectly reasonable for them to want to stick to Xbox... it's just a pity for them that MS decided to churn out a weaker console just to also make it a spying-machine...

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

UM, NO lol.

PS4 was winning for like 10 months in a row. 1 month with black friday deals doesnt mean shit.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#143  Edited By GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

those Xbox games are not great. Besides, it's not like Sony was holding back software. It comes out when it's done.

Xbox is the preferred console brand in NA. Sony didn't hand it back to them. MS screwed up royally at first and handed easy sales to the PS4. MS has been extremely aggressive in undoing all the damage they did to themselves. Now there is real competition

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#144 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

LOL

Yeah, sales tend to increase when you slash $150 off the price tag of your product.

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@iambatman7986 said:

PS4 - kept it's original vision, didn't drop the price, raised the price in Canada and still won-----Nov 13, Jan 14, Feb 14, Mar 14, Apr 14, May 14, Jun 14, Jul 14, Aug 14, Sep 14, and Oct 14.

X1 - completely changed it's vision, dropped kinect to lower the price by $100, dropped the price by $50 to be the lower price while bundling 2 games and giving even more promotions through the MS Store and they won Dec 13 and Nov 14

Something tells me Sony isn't losing any sleep over losing November to MS considering the extreme marketing and extreme pricing MS did this November. What is surprising is that it was close, MS should've dominated, but alas, Sony is just has too much hype to contain at the moment.

So Sony didn't offer any free games or bundles in the last month. Don't talk wet their where tons of deals for both consoles.

Of course Microsoft was going to lower the price, they dropped Kinect they where not going to leave the price as it was.

The fact is both consoles sold at roughly the same price with different but equally good deals and Xbox One sold more.

I saw just as many Sony adverts as I did Microsoft in the UK. Sony did what they could but simply couldn't compete.

Going forward its going to be closer but Sony has the lead and will keep it for a good while. But the landslide victories are a thing of the past. Microsoft need to keep the price slightly less and they will do fine.

350 plus 50 dollar gift card and 2 free games

vs

400 and 2 free games is not the same at all

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

@TigerSuperman:

So Ms changes its plans and does a massive price cut too and Sony screwed up??

Geezzz X1 sells more for 1 month and lems suddenly caring about sales again lol

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 LJS9502_basic

@ghostwarrior786 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

the what? and ms have billions in reserve 1 investor leaving them dont mean shit. they had record profits last year if i remember correctly

Eh stock holders own the company. They can get rid of any division they want.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 tormentos

@b4x said:

This is a NPD thread. The only thing they have sold out in America on Amazon is the white unicorn TLOU / GTA5 bundle.

Satya just made a statement he was doubling down on the Sony fanboys with the Xbox brand. He claimed the Bing losses are tiny in comparison to what he would do to crush fanboys like you under his thumb. His words not mine. :p

Don't ever doubt Amazon Charts. Sony doesn't.

"We are thrilled with the incredible momentum seen at retail heading into the holiday shopping season. PS4 is the cumulative leader in hardware sales and was #1 on the Amazon Video Games Bestseller list on Black Friday. On the network side, November was the biggest month ever in PlayStation Store history with a nearly 50 percent increase in unique visitors compared to last year. We couldn’t have done any of this without the support of our fans. The immediate success of PlayStation Experience and celebration of the 20th Anniversary demonstrates tremendous dedication to the PlayStation platform. We are humbled by the loyalty of our fans and look forward to amazing them in 2015."

That funny they blew 4 billion on the xbox and loss 25 million to 156 million,then blew 3.2 billion on the xbox 360 between losses and RROD and the best they could do is end tied with sony's worse effort ever in the console market,MS has investors just like any company and before the losses on the xbox one some already were calling to shop the head of the xbox brand and be done with it.

They can trow all the money they want EU is on lock,Japan is on lock and basically every part on this world is on lock with the PS4 but US,which sony still hold.

Is incredible how arrogant you are and it is just 1 month of sales,man i hope the xbox one doesn't lose a damn month next year in US because i will make a parade out of you and your other account Blackace as well.

In fact the PS4 is the best selling game for this year on Amazon on US so it every where else..lol

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

one month out of thirteen

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

It's one month. Microsoft was giving away crackhead heals to move units. Lets see on a fair month without microsoft selling at $349 with free games how they compare. I got a feeling it will go back to normal next month with ps4 back on top.