So Sony screwed up and gave NA back to Xbox.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

Well Sony screwed up. Being around 1 million and some change ahead in NA, it seemed like doom for Xbox, but Games like Sunset, Halo MCC, Forza, Project Spark, Killer Instinct 1 retail release, KI season 2, and more along with multiplat partnerships gave it a strong edge. Sony basiclaly did nothing to counter this.

While some people are saying 400k and some are saying 500k either doesn't change anything. it pretty much closed the gap in half. Now there's only December left, which continues a lot of Microsofts november deals into january, and the Amazon, Walmart charts are all having the Xbox one taking the month.

It is reasonable to believe Xbox One will be the number one selling console total in NA america by the end of the holidays.

This is a very interesting development. People will of course try to spin this but then again that's what people do on here.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

So, it's NPD Thread #2.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Do you have any numbers for NA?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

$70 price drop and free games. M$ might have sold more last month but at what cost and for how long?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

400,000 more when the PS4 was already 1.2 million ahead. Disaster Chief Collection and Sunset Overdrive flopping and multiple games selling more on the PS4.

Lemmings are dumb.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

I would hope so after dropping the joke of the industry Kinect and the price by $150. MS thought people would pay for Kinect and be ok with it. They were wrong and this shows that very well.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

@Gue1: 100 times this.

Its mind blowing how ignore this.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TigerSuperman
@Gue1 said:

$70 price drop and free games. M$ might have sold more last month but at what cost and for how long?

@madsnakehhh said:

@Gue1: 100 times this.

Its mind blowing how ignore this.

Probably because it means nothing. They did this a cut half of Sony's 11 month lead. If this was 50k difference ok... But it's not, so the pric cuts were worth it entirely. the only way one could say the price cuts were in vain and unsustainable is if the box one wouldn't have won other wise. Except that's not the case, instead the price drops cut the gap in half. So how exactly is this a problem? I mean "at what cost" is stupid, they basically tripled what they probably would have gotten with regular deals.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

translation: it sucks for the simps who paid an extra $150 for a paperweight.

..got it!

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TigerSuperman

@GrenadeLauncher said:

400,000 more when the PS4 was already 1.2 million ahead. Disaster Chief Collection and Sunset Overdrive flopping and multiple games selling more on the PS4.

Lemmings are dumb.

The PS4 was ess than 12 but you always like to make up numbers.

Master Chief charted in the NPD charts so it did around 500,000 at the least, that isn't bad at all, and it doesn't include bundles.

Sunset Flopped maybe, yet what does that have to do with the fact that more multiplat games sold on the Xbox One (oh wait you think they sold more on the PS4. That's kind of silly because that would contradict the fact the Xbox one and your speech about the exclusives flopping if MPs sold more on the PS4. Oh well you aren't very smart.

You're talking about going from a 1.09 or so gap to a 600,000 one or less if it's 450k or 500k which is what people are thinking is possible.

Ye you can prtend that Xbox one did nothing this month. Like around half the PS4's 11 month victory streak.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

Do you even math bro

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lemmings are dumb.

Master Chief charted in the NPD charts so it did around 500,000 at the least, that isn't bad at all, and it doesn't include bundles.

Sunset Flopped maybe, yet what does that have to do with the fact that more multiplat games sold on the Xbox One (oh wait you think they sold more on the PS4. That's kind of silly because that would contradict the fact the Xbox one and your speech about the exclusives flopping if MPs sold more on the PS4. Oh well you aren't very smart.

You're talking about going from a 1.09 or so gap to a 600,000 one or less if it's 450k or 500k which is what people are thinking is possible.

Ye you can prtend that Xbox one did nothing this month. Like around half the PS4's 11 month victory streak.

where are you getting these numbers?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GrenadeLauncher

@TigerSuperman said:

Nope. It had a cumulative lead of 1.2 million units as of last month.

Charted in tenth, got blown out by the superior FC4. I remember when Halo was a system seller. NBA 2K15, If you'd bothered to check the software charts you'd see FC4 and GTAV sold more on the PS4.

You ever considered learning how to construct a coherent sentence, by the way? No, it's not halved. Deal with it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

About time the Xbone has something positive going for it I suppose, been a rough couple of years since that E3 unveil.

Competition is a good thing so I hope they can keep it up. We know Nintendo isn't putting any pressure on Sony, somebody has to step up to the giant.

That said, I expect this to be a flash in the pan and the numbers will ultimately end up back in Sonys court.

No biggie though, it's all about the games. If you are going to play sales though, it's going to be an uphill battle lems.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Remember a week ago when sales didn't matter? lol

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Cows said the Xbox Won would never sell.

Now it is selling and just the thought of it overtaking NA is putting cow denial and suicide watch at a all time high.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Remember a couple of weeks ago when you said just wait for 12/12/14.....I do. If you were waiting for record X1 sales, the wait was worth it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

Remember a couple of weeks ago when you said just wait for 12/12/14.....I do. If you were waiting for record X1 sales, the wait was worth it.

Honestly, when it comes to disputes among cows and lems, the "remember when" arguments don't hold any weight.

Both factions flip flop about how much sales matter depending on the situation.

Both factions have flip flopped over the importance of exclusives.. over the importance of better multiplats... over the importance of graphics and performance.

The list could go on really.

Really, you guys might as well be looking in the mirror when you argue. Sony and MS are in their 2nd gen of offering essentially the same thing, yet cows and lems split hairs and flip flop over the most mundane, trivial things.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#20 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Well the Xbone actually had games come out for it this year, unlike the indiestation 4.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shewgenja

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

I said 12/6. Enjoy Street Fighter V and trying to explain how the XBone holds a candle to the PS4 after seeing Uncharted 4.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

Well Sony screwed up. Being around 1 million and some change ahead in NA, it seemed like doom for Xbox, but Games like Sunset, Halo MCC, Forza, Project Spark, Killer Instinct 1 retail release, KI season 2, and more along with multiplat partnerships gave it a strong edge. Sony basiclaly did nothing to counter this.

While some people are saying 400k and some are saying 500k either doesn't change anything. it pretty much closed the gap in half. Now there's only December left, which continues a lot of Microsofts november deals into january, and the Amazon, Walmart charts are all having the Xbox one taking the month.

It is reasonable to believe Xbox One will be the number one selling console total in NA america by the end of the holidays.

This is a very interesting development. People will of course try to spin this but then again that's what people do on here.

SALLLLLEZZZZZZZ WARZZZZZ. Who fucking cares?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Will X1 ever be current gen 8 console leader????

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

They didn't "**** up". Microsoft got wise and dropped the price while including a game with the console greatly increasing the value of the Xbox One. They also had a much higher profile game launch with a very dedicated fanbase. I bought an Xbox One for $350 and got with it and bought Halo Master Chief Collection. The console was finally worth the price they were asking when they dropped it to $350 and paired it with a game.

Sony is doing fine, their sales are still strong. What they need is more games which they've got coming in 2015. DriveClub was never going to be a big title and that was basically the only Sony exclusive for the holiday season. That was up against Halo Master Chief Collection.

2015 is looking a lot better in the games department for the PS4.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

Oh Lord haha

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TigerSuperman

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@TigerSuperman said:

Nope. It had a cumulative lead of 1.2 million units as of last month.

Charted in tenth, got blown out by the superior FC4. I remember when Halo was a system seller. NBA 2K15, If you'd bothered to check the software charts you'd see FC4 and GTAV sold more on the PS4.

You ever considered learning how to construct a coherent sentence, by the way? No, it's not halved. Deal with it.

Don't talk to me about coherent sentences. I'm using a phone, you usually screw up every time like tormentos until you see an opportunity to pretend you know how to write.

second your addition is flawed, it's clearly not 1.2

Also i never said it was halved, I said around/near halved. I see your reading skills need a tune-up.

Halo MCC is a one console game, while Farcry actually had a bundle and is on 3 platforms????? I know you're stupid but the problem is you think everyone else is stupid too.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TigerSuperman

@Wasdie said:

They didn't "**** up". Microsoft got wise and dropped the price while including a game with the console greatly increasing the value of the Xbox One. They also had a much higher profile game launch with a very dedicated fanbase. I bought an Xbox One for $350 and got with it and bought Halo Master Chief Collection. The console was finally worth the price they were asking when they dropped it to $350 and paired it with a game.

Sony is doing fine, their sales are still strong. What they need is more games which they've got coming in 2015. DriveClub was never going to be a big title and that was basically the only Sony exclusive for the holiday season. That was up against Halo Master Chief Collection.

2015 is your opinion. But yes they did **** up, in fact, now look at where the two consoles are for December. Notice that Sony's limited bundling because they waited to long will pretty much 100% guarantee that Xbox will win December since neither have anything to change the result from November.

Also where' that guy with the Wii u avatar who said Xbox wouldn't win and Wii U was having some turn around with Smash.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 chikenfriedrice

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Shewgenja said:

I said 12/6. Enjoy Street Fighter V and trying to explain how the XBone holds a candle to the PS4 after seeing Uncharted 4.

I think you are full of it.....I wish this website didn't suck so bad so I could review my old convo's lol.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Sony screwed up because Microsoft quite literally threw everything and the kitchen sink to finally get the edge one month?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5959 Posts

PS4 also includes free games, lets not pretend Xbox One are the only ones doing so.

PS4 was cheaper it sold better, Xbox One is now in the ball park. So it comes down to exclusives, PR and advertising and Xbox One is leading this holiday period in all 3. No wonder its selling better.

Sales count but to claim its the end of the world because Sony had a lead or Xbox One is going to catch up cos they won a month is just pointless and shouldn't count.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GrenadeLauncher

@TigerSuperman said:

Don't talk to me about coherent sentences. I'm using a phone, you usually screw up every time like tormentos until you see an opportunity to pretend you know how to write.

second your addition is flawed, it's clearly not 1.2

Also i never said it was halved, I said around/near halved. I see your reading skills need a tune-up.

Halo MCC is a one console game, while Farcry actually had a bundle and is on 3 platforms????? I know you're stupid but the problem is you think everyone else is stupid too.

Excuses, excuses.

It is, I've been keeping track of the leaked NPD numbers since the start. It's an 800,000 lead.

"it pretty much closed the gap in half." "They did this a cut half of Sony's 11 month lead." "Except that's not the case, instead the price drops cut the gap in half." Come on, lem.

Halo used to sail to the top of the charts in November. Now it has trouble squeezing into the bottom of the pack. NPD doesn't track bundles either, hence why it says ACU sold more on the PS4. Dat drop.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Well thata pretty obvious.... The US Region of XBL has the most amount of games.... My Region doesn't even have an indie section in the Marketplace.... Ofcourse I'm no one outside of the US who knows better is going to buy that Piece of Shit box....

Microsoft pretty has the US. Sony has everywhere else.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Well thata pretty obvious.... The US Region of XBL has the most amount of games.... My Region doesn't even have an indie section in the Marketplace.... Ofcourse I'm no one outside of the US who knows better is going to buy that Piece of Shit box....

Derp derp derp.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shewgenja

@chikenfriedrice said:

I think you are full of it.....I wish this website didn't suck so bad so I could review my old convo's lol.

I've been saying for weeks that Xbox would win NPD this month.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5959 Posts

@draign said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Derp derp derp.

US and UK but isn't that the same as last gen?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@tdkmillsy

The PS3 and 360 were pretty close in the UK last year, but yeah, Xbox was just ahead....

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I've been saying for weeks that Xbox would win NPD this month.

Idc what you said in other threads....this was a convo between you and I. Either way record sales for the X1 is good news. Over 1 million in 1 month is impressive.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@TigerSuperman: Microsoft winning the war really means something to you doesn't it? Every piece of news needs to be spun to fit your narrative. Tell me, exactly what are you gaining by making such claims?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

If broken games and multiplats is enough for people to buy Xboner you cant blame Sony for people stupid decisions. Looks like people have some kind of "loyalty" to MS and Xbox brand, is it cuz xbox is an America made console? who knows, but dont blame Sony

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Xbox has always outsold PS in Nov and Dec every year in the U.S. Xmas time is good to the Xbox in the U.S. The rest of the year the PS4 will outsell the X1 in the U.S. Every year we have these topics around Xmas time.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows said the Xbox Won would never sell.

Now it is selling and just the thought of it overtaking NA is putting cow denial and suicide watch at a all time high.

It's called Xmas time in the U.S. A very temporary time X1 will outsell in the U.S. You guys are so dumb not to understand this.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@TigerSuperman: It was one month. The XBox One outsold the PS4 (either November or December, I don't remember which) last year, too.

What should be taken away from this is: Yes, the Xbox One is a viable console.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@Wasdie said:

So much awesome logic. You know this is SW where logic is the enemy right?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Shewgenja

Sop OP screwed up and bought an XBone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lemmings are dumb.

that butthurt

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@TigerSuperman: It was one month. The XBox One outsold the PS4 (either November or December, I don't remember which) last year, too.

This here is some wisdom

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

M$ released it's two biggest guns and that is the best they could do. I would not brag too much. Sony will be releasing its BIG guns in the new year and I will bet it will push more than Halo MC Collection and SunSet. The other thing to consider is that Japan and China are flops for M$. PS4 sells ok in Japan and we dont know what it will do in China.

2015 should be good.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TigerSuperman

@Lionheart08 said:

Sony screwed up because Microsoft quite literally threw everything and the kitchen sink to finally get the edge one month?

Everything and the Kitchen sink is a $50 price cut and a $70 Pricecut for one day with additonal sales that are retailer exclusive and have nothing to do with MS (sony having in places similar deals?)

Also they cut the gap nearly in half in one month of an 11 month lead?

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TigerSuperman

@Wasdie said:

@TigerSuperman: Microsoft winning the war really means something to you doesn't it? Every piece of news needs to be spun to fit your narrative. Tell me, exactly what are you gaining by making such claims?

Um yes, they fucked up trying to price match or having retailer put some crazy deals to be at least near par and the result will be the same because neither has anything coming out in Dec to change the results. If you think that's MS wining meaning something it proves you're a complete moron for not having any common sense. Not that you were ever that intelligent in the first place. nothing has ever been "spun" there's a world of consumers outside the gaming boards that you seem to forget exist for some reason.

@tacoma1972 said:

M$ released it's two biggest guns and that is the best they could do. I would not brag too much. Sony will be releasing its BIG guns in the new year and I will bet it will push more than Halo MC Collection and SunSet. The other thing to consider is that Japan and China are flops for M$. PS4 sells ok in Japan and we dont know what it will do in China.

2015 should be good.

Right a new IP with meh reviews, and a Suls game without the Souls title on it. The same souls games that don't move that many consoles. Yep...

@StormyJoe said:

And that one month MS cut 5-6 months of the PS4's winning streak.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

sony is doomed