So Sony screwed up and gave NA back to Xbox.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

MS wins one month in NA and you think you have it back? MS Will be lucky if they keep it in December because come January it will be back to normal.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#52 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

"Gave NA back to Microsoft"

Yeah Xbox One wins 1 month out of the 11 months PS4 has won and Now PS4 has lost! Totally not the Market leader now because Xbox One beat PS4 in November 2014! A Full Year since it launched! Wow!

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

How did I know the board infamous for hyperbolic dramaqueen bullshit would have a prominent thread on the first page full of hyperbolic dramaqueen bullshit -_-

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

How did they screw up? Its pretty apparent that the cheaper console sells better. MS put out a better deal then sony in November and the sales reflect that

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Yeah Xbox One wins 1 month out of the 11 months PS4 has won and Now PS4 has lost! Totally not the Market leader now because Xbox One beat PS4 in November 2014! A Full Year since it launched! Wow!

1 month cut that 11 month win in half and almost cut the gap in half.

@Floppy_Jim said:

How did I know the board infamous for hyperbolic dramaqueen bullshit would have a prominent thread on the first page full of hyperbolic dramaqueen bullshit -_-

You need to relax, this is the internet.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

Well Sony screwed up. Being around 1 million and some change ahead in NA, it seemed like doom for Xbox, but Games like Sunset, Halo MCC, Forza, Project Spark, Killer Instinct 1 retail release, KI season 2, and more along with multiplat partnerships gave it a strong edge. Sony basiclaly did nothing to counter this.

While some people are saying 400k and some are saying 500k either doesn't change anything. it pretty much closed the gap in half. Now there's only December left, which continues a lot of Microsofts november deals into january, and the Amazon, Walmart charts are all having the Xbox one taking the month.

It is reasonable to believe Xbox One will be the number one selling console total in NA america by the end of the holidays.

This is a very interesting development. People will of course try to spin this but then again that's what people do on here.

No of those games you mention did shit to the PS4.

Oh and the PS4 is 1.2 million ahead..

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

You need to relax, this is the internet.

Nah.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@tormentos said:

@TigerSuperman said:

Well Sony screwed up. Being around 1 million and some change ahead in NA, it seemed like doom for Xbox, but Games like Sunset, Halo MCC, Forza, Project Spark, Killer Instinct 1 retail release, KI season 2, and more along with multiplat partnerships gave it a strong edge. Sony basiclaly did nothing to counter this.

While some people are saying 400k and some are saying 500k either doesn't change anything. it pretty much closed the gap in half. Now there's only December left, which continues a lot of Microsofts november deals into january, and the Amazon, Walmart charts are all having the Xbox one taking the month.

It is reasonable to believe Xbox One will be the number one selling console total in NA america by the end of the holidays.

This is a very interesting development. People will of course try to spin this but then again that's what people do on here.

No of those games you mention did shit to the PS4.

Oh and the PS4 is 1.2 million ahead..

Yeah we should all believe numbers that you spew haha

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

All I know is that my ps4 is still sitting on the shelf collecting dust, while my x1 is on every day. My family would never even entertain the idea of using the ps4 for their netflix or plex experiences, and x1 just has the only decent games out right now (multiplats aside). Maybe next year my ps4 will get some love.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

It's amusing Lems think they can keep this momentum with how meager 2015 looks for xbone.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

was there ever a doubt with such a price cut and free games? ms did what was right for ms....i guess sony couldnt afford to take the loss cuz they need the money.

all it takes is one price cut

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Do you have any numbers for NA?

Numbers have been released.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/799605-xbox-one-sells-1-2-million-ps4-800k-november-2014-north-america

XB1 = 1.2 million

PS4 = 800K

Wii U = 240K

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

what crack you smking TC ?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

what crack you smking TC ?

Phil's.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 blackace

@Heil68 said:

Will X1 ever be current gen 8 console leader????

Who knows. They have another 8-9 years to go to worry about that. I think Microsoft only cares about taking U.S. and U.K. back at the moment. If they really cared about Europe right now they would have done a price cut in that market as well. The biggest market in the gaming industry is U.S. right now and that's what they are after. Nintendo should have done a price cut to $250 or less for their Wii U. Their sales were horrible Black Friday and the month of November.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@OhSnapitz said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

400,000 more when the PS4 was already 1.2 million ahead. Disaster Chief Collection and Sunset Overdrive flopping and multiple games selling more on the PS4.

Lemmings are dumb.

The PS4 was ess than 12 but you always like to make up numbers.

Master Chief charted in the NPD charts so it did around 500,000 at the least, that isn't bad at all, and it doesn't include bundles.

Sunset Flopped maybe, yet what does that have to do with the fact that more multiplat games sold on the Xbox One (oh wait you think they sold more on the PS4. That's kind of silly because that would contradict the fact the Xbox one and your speech about the exclusives flopping if MPs sold more on the PS4. Oh well you aren't very smart.

You're talking about going from a 1.09 or so gap to a 600,000 one or less if it's 450k or 500k which is what people are thinking is possible.

Ye you can prtend that Xbox one did nothing this month. Like around half the PS4's 11 month victory streak.

where are you getting these numbers?

His ass.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

400,000 more when the PS4 was already 1.2 million ahead. Disaster Chief Collection and Sunset Overdrive flopping and multiple games selling more on the PS4.

Lemmings are dumb.

that butthurt

Lemmings are dumb.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

@OhSnapitz said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lemmings are dumb.

The PS4 was ess than 12 but you always like to make up numbers.

Master Chief charted in the NPD charts so it did around 500,000 at the least, that isn't bad at all, and it doesn't include bundles.

Sunset Flopped maybe, yet what does that have to do with the fact that more multiplat games sold on the Xbox One (oh wait you think they sold more on the PS4. That's kind of silly because that would contradict the fact the Xbox one and your speech about the exclusives flopping if MPs sold more on the PS4. Oh well you aren't very smart.

You're talking about going from a 1.09 or so gap to a 600,000 one or less if it's 450k or 500k which is what people are thinking is possible.

Ye you can prtend that Xbox one did nothing this month. Like around half the PS4's 11 month victory streak.

where are you getting these numbers?

His ass.

NeoGAF. Several "insiders" confirmed the other "insider" CBOAT was full of crap. The XB1 sold 1.2m, and the PS4 sold between 700k and 800k - if those insiders are correct.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 blackace

@clr84651 said:

Xbox has always outsold PS in Nov and Dec every year in the U.S. Xmas time is good to the Xbox in the U.S. The rest of the year the PS4 will outsell the X1 in the U.S. Every year we have these topics around Xmas time.

Maybe you can explain why the XBox 360 outsold the Ps3 for 32 months in a row in the U.S. then. LOL!! You obviously haven't been keeping up on previous events. It wasn't just Nov & Dec last gen. The PS4 launched with a cheaper price and a huge amount of positive hype, which is why it sold so well for the first 11 months. XB1 is now riding the hype train and has a lower price, so it could easily continue to outsell the PS4 over the next few months. No one knows what will happen. Microsoft may keep the price at $350 for the Kinectless XB1 and $450 for the Kinect version.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@clr84651 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows said the Xbox Won would never sell.

Now it is selling and just the thought of it overtaking NA is putting cow denial and suicide watch at a all time high.

It's called Xmas time in the U.S. A very temporary time X1 will outsell in the U.S. You guys are so dumb not to understand this.

I understand that the Xbox just won the most important month of a year and did it with a bang....................in style. BOOM.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 tormentos

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yeah we should all believe numbers that you spew haha

Yeah you didn't question TC ones which claim half the lead was gone.?

Hypocrite..

Why do you think i say 1.2 million? If TC is allow to invent shit so am i..hahahaa

@Phazevariance said:

All I know is that my ps4 is still sitting on the shelf collecting dust, while my x1 is on every day. My family would never even entertain the idea of using the ps4 for their netflix or plex experiences, and x1 just has the only decent games out right now (multiplats aside). Maybe next year my ps4 will get some love.

We believe you..

@blackace said:

Who knows. They have another 8-9 years to go to worry about that. I think Microsoft only cares about taking U.S. and U.K. back at the moment. If they really cared about Europe right now they would have done a price cut in that market as well. The biggest market in the gaming industry is U.S. right now and that's what they are after. Nintendo should have done a price cut to $250 or less for their Wii U. Their sales were horrible Black Friday and the month of November.

The biggest market didn't won them the generation last gen,and with UK and US still sony catch them and by VGchartz the site you were quoting the 700K number from in BF the PS3 is ahead.

So yeah UK and US are even more irrelevant this gen that it was last gen.,the PS4 still ahead in US and in January the xbox one is back to $399 and at that price we know what happen to it.

@blackace said:

@clr84651 said:

Xbox has always outsold PS in Nov and Dec every year in the U.S. Xmas time is good to the Xbox in the U.S. The rest of the year the PS4 will outsell the X1 in the U.S. Every year we have these topics around Xmas time.

Maybe you can explain why the XBox 360 outsold the Ps3 for 32 months in a row in the U.S. then. LOL!! You obviously haven't been keeping up on previous events. It wasn't just Nov & Dec last gen. The PS4 launched with a cheaper price and a huge amount of positive hype, which is why it sold so well for the first 11 months. XB1 is now riding the hype train and has a lower price, so it could easily continue to outsell the PS4 over the next few months.

No one knows what will happen. Microsoft may keep the price at $350 for the Kinectless XB1 and $450 for the Kinect version.

I can price was the reason all gen long the xbox 360 was cheaper up to $300- at one point.

The xbox one ins't carrying any hype you blind biased lemming it loss October NPD quite easy and on September it got a huge beating even that it was giving 2 freaking free games Destiny and Forza 5 and still the PS4 double it sales wise,the xbox one is selling because between the $170 cheaper price 2 freaking games which is like $100 more and a $50 dollar gift card owning is an incredible deal,now compare this to MS in 2006 did they give free Gears of war + saints row for $230.?

Hell the first xbox 360 price drop came in August 2007 almost 2 years latter and no free anything.

There is no hype it was just good business to buy one this holiday because MS sink into losses to try to convince people that they should buy an xbox one at $399 the xbox one would have loss November just like it lost it last year.

If there was hype it would have been documented what we have here is a spark in sales because of a price drop which always happen,again even the crappy xbox outsold the PS2 in mean nothing.

You are assuming bro the offer say limited time only so yeah back to 399 in January.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 chikenfriedrice

@tormentos: I only question you because you were so quick ( along with the other fools ) to use that 7k-10k number lol.....credibility = 0

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

So much cow ownage and butt hurt, I'm going to celebrate this tonight with juicy angus sirloin and a bottle of cabernet sauvignon

Lulz

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Lems get one month on fire sales and we get lem circle jerk. lol

Its actually a disaster if you have to give it away and have the stars align to win a single month after a year of taking a beating.

But hey, party on lems. Its gonna be a long gen.. I hope you'll be this excited for your beating next month. Cuz Halo, black friday, cod, $70 price cut don't happen very often lol.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Its actually a disaster if you have to give it away and have the stars align to win a single month after a year of taking a beating.

But hey, party on lems. Its gonna be a long gen.. I hope you'll be this excited for your beating next month. Cuz Halo, black friday, cod, $70 price cut don't happen very often lol.

shhhhh, no more tears...or bold font

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

You're hurt. It's okay..Halo didn't even chart bro. Whats up?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@lostrib said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

You're hurt. It's okay..Halo didn't even chart bro. Whats up?

and I would care about this why...?

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lemmings are dumb.

Dat spin...check

Making shit up...check

Insulting...check

This guy is pissed.lol

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

it's funny how sales are so important to sw while in the real world sales mean less than they ever have.

there are hardly any 3rd party devs left making exclusives because every dev needs every penny they can scrape out of a property.

the importance of installed base is a concept of the past.

also once again for the thousandth time, so what if brand X loses?

it does what? join a long list of awesome consoles that lost their gen?

oh the huge manatee!

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#80 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4585 Posts

PS4 - kept it's original vision, didn't drop the price, raised the price in Canada and still won-----Nov 13, Jan 14, Feb 14, Mar 14, Apr 14, May 14, Jun 14, Jul 14, Aug 14, Sep 14, and Oct 14.

X1 - completely changed it's vision, dropped kinect to lower the price by $100, dropped the price by $50 to be the lower price while bundling 2 games and giving even more promotions through the MS Store and they won Dec 13 and Nov 14

Something tells me Sony isn't losing any sleep over losing November to MS considering the extreme marketing and extreme pricing MS did this November. What is surprising is that it was close, MS should've dominated, but alas, Sony is just has too much hype to contain at the moment.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

yeah lems logic is the best, they win one month barely and forget the 11 months getting destroyed, not to mention they forget the barren 2015 microsoft has.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

yeah lems logic is the best, they win one month barely and forget the 11 months getting destroyed, not to mention they forget the barren 2015 microsoft has.

Amazon December best sellers. X1 AC bundle number 1..... PS4 40. All video game related sales.

Laugh.. Amazon right?... Amazon Nov best sellers were a direct refection of NPD. The sad part The AC bundle was number 3 in Nov the closest PS4 console was 16. Now it's 1 and 40.

You guys keep telling yourselves this was a fluke.

Then when Microsoft drops another 50 off the X1 throws in a game. What then?

Sony got the price war they so hoped wouldn't happen. It's too late now.

Let's see if I'm wrong ... Anyone want to bash me. :p

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By tormentos

@chikenfriedrice said:

@tormentos: I only question you because you were so quick ( along with the other fools ) to use that 7k-10k number lol.....credibility = 0

To take number from some one who use to be a good insider i didn't make it on my own like TC did hypocrite..

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 B4X

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

To take number from some one who use to be a good insider i didn't make it on my own like TC did hypocrite..

When was he a good insider... You're delusional.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

gonna be the last generation of consoles. gaming is going to become an online service.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6210 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

PS4 - kept it's original vision, didn't drop the price, raised the price in Canada and still won-----Nov 13, Jan 14, Feb 14, Mar 14, Apr 14, May 14, Jun 14, Jul 14, Aug 14, Sep 14, and Oct 14.

X1 - completely changed it's vision, dropped kinect to lower the price by $100, dropped the price by $50 to be the lower price while bundling 2 games and giving even more promotions through the MS Store and they won Dec 13 and Nov 14

Something tells me Sony isn't losing any sleep over losing November to MS considering the extreme marketing and extreme pricing MS did this November. What is surprising is that it was close, MS should've dominated, but alas, Sony is just has too much hype to contain at the moment.

So Sony didn't offer any free games or bundles in the last month. Don't talk wet their where tons of deals for both consoles.

Of course Microsoft was going to lower the price, they dropped Kinect they where not going to leave the price as it was.

The fact is both consoles sold at roughly the same price with different but equally good deals and Xbox One sold more.

I saw just as many Sony adverts as I did Microsoft in the UK. Sony did what they could but simply couldn't compete.

Going forward its going to be closer but Sony has the lead and will keep it for a good while. But the landslide victories are a thing of the past. Microsoft need to keep the price slightly less and they will do fine.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 chikenfriedrice

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

How did that insider work out for ya haha

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

They didn't screw up, it's just the tides are naturally turning. A lot of gamers invested in PS4's early. Those same gamers probably waited on Xbone, and now the time has come for them to get their second or third console.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By B4X

@chikenfriedrice said:

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

How did that insider work out for ya haha

Why would there be a different outcome. That's just everyday info for @tormentos.

Wrong info.

ShutUpFanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ShutUpFanboys
Member since 2013 • 61 Posts

that CBOAT douche lick has been exposed for the fraud he's been all along. Guy just spreads anti-XBOX misinformation to turn the conversation his way. Ban hammer for life at NeoGaf.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Again not surprising.

Consumers ALWAYS goo for the cheapest option, quality, and good marketing.

Said before say again, no one will buy a product they know nothing about Wi U NA marketing department is horrible.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@clr84651 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows said the Xbox Won would never sell.

Now it is selling and just the thought of it overtaking NA is putting cow denial and suicide watch at a all time high.

It's called Xmas time in the U.S. A very temporary time X1 will outsell in the U.S. You guys are so dumb not to understand this.

I understand that the Xbox just won the most important month of a year and did it with a bang....................in style. BOOM.

I know that it did. Xbox sales go way up in N.A. every Nov & Dec due to American's Xmas buying habits & outsells PS those 2 months every year. 2 months around Xmas doesn't = overtaking N.A. Remember last gen with X fans saying the 360 had won the gen long before it was over? We all know how that turned out, PS3 coming from behind to catch the 360 in sales. Now you're prematurely calling X1 overtaking N.A. Dumb behavior. It sets MS and X Fans up to look very dumb. Maybe you're used to that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#94  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@ShutUpFanboys said:

that CBOAT douche lick has been exposed for the fraud he's been all along. Guy just spreads anti-XBOX misinformation to turn the conversation his way. Ban hammer for life at NeoGaf.

He was suspended for 5 months...

And we still don't have official numbers, do we? **** it, I'm gonna say the Xbox sold 10 million. You can quote me on that.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@blackace said:

@clr84651 said:

Maybe you can explain why the XBox 360 outsold the Ps3 for 32 months in a row in the U.S. then. LOL!! You obviously haven't been keeping up on previous events. It wasn't just Nov & Dec last gen. The PS4 launched with a cheaper price and a huge amount of positive hype, which is why it sold so well for the first 11 months. XB1 is now riding the hype train and has a lower price, so it could easily continue to outsell the PS4 over the next few months. No one knows what will happen. Microsoft may keep the price at $350 for the Kinectless XB1 and $450 for the Kinect version.

I know the 360 outsold the PS3 for a long time. I am saying it's sales always shoot way up in Nov & Dec in N.A. due to Xmas. That doesn't mean it's overtaking N.A. It has to continue to outsell the PS4 in January and beyond to say it's overtaken sales in N.A. Premature to call it from 2 Xmas months.

You guys & MS called last gen a victory for the 360 outselling the PS3 worldwide years before the gen was over. We all know the PS3 came from behond and caught the 360 in sales. PREMATURE!

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3418 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: Worldwide sales matter most anyway. Also, let's not pretend that MS didn't almost give away the X1 in November. I wonder how much you'll care about NPD come early next year.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

Gamers would like to think that the PS4 outselling the Xbox One was all about it being the more powerful.....BETTER console. When IMO majority of consumers will look at price and deals. If Microsoft continues to sell the Xbox One at this price and bundle games with it consumers will make it the best selling console. The price advantage that the Playstation 4 had on the Xbox One is gone. It'll be a different ball game if Microsoft continues this price trend.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178877 Posts

You suck at the maths dude....

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I don't really see this as a huge victory for MS as some people do around here. Sure, there's no doubt that an extra $50 of ca-ching and a game swayed some people over to the Xbox this holiday season and to deny that it would is asinine fanboyism of the highest order. That being said, the people that did buy the PS4 were all quality consumers who are not swayed by aggressive price slashing and will likely be more avid game consumers throughout the console cycle. It's plain to see why MS made the move they did, because they are in the dubious position of losing Live subscribers every year that the XBone languishes at the holiday season and they need to protect that revenue.

Sony, on the other hand, still has plenty of ground to spare, even in the US where the PS3 was not strong. They are also better able to weigh the fallout of MSes willingness to take aggressive price strategies and counter those next year. MS played their hand, and it was in a big way, but Sony now knows what they are up against and the fact remains that equilibrium between the XBox and the Playstation in the US market spells unbridled global success this time around. It's never good to lose consumers to your main rival, but this may shape up to be a classic case of playing your hand too early. Either the XBone's price stays where it's at or it loses momentum. Meanwhile, any resilience the PS4 shows in the coming months in the US market exposes weakness in the XBone.

Wal-MartBox is not out of the frying pan, yet. Do enjoy the two months of victory, though. Don't let me spoil it for you, lems.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Sony would have screwed up a lot more if they cut price to $350 when the PS4 is one of the few things profitable for the company.