So hermits, which is graphics king now: Crysis or Battlefield 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Can you do this in Crysis?

And I meant buildings, not those easily destructable shacks that renders less.

mitu123

No, you can't do that in Crysis, but the physics in Crysis is leagues ahead of BF3. BF3 may have more destruction, but the way the debris flies around in BF3 is laughable compared to Crysis. Also, you can't chop down trees with a MG in BF3.

I know all that. But it's easy to do physics on something that's nowhere near a building in terms of rendering.

ROFL

Launch a rocket at a KPA hut in Crysis. There will be dozens of individual objects flying around with a realistic trajectory calculated in realtime. BF3 has nothing on that. Throw a rocket at a wall in BF3. You get lots of smoke, a few rocks fly apart and that's hit. I would reverse the argument and say that it is easy to do destruction when there's no physics involved.

BF3 is great and will be my most played game this and next year by far. But people are getting carried away about the graphics. They're very good but in some areas they're clearly behind Crysis. At least in physics, water and foliage density.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#202 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

BF3 isn't a bad looking game guys.. I don't know what the complaint is.

fachriunited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 fachriunited
Member since 2010 • 110 Posts

The Witcher 2.

ChubbyGuy40

Agree, but i play on high settings not ultra:P

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#204 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

No, you can't do that in Crysis, but the physics in Crysis is leagues ahead of BF3. BF3 may have more destruction, but the way the debris flies around in BF3 is laughable compared to Crysis. Also, you can't chop down trees with a MG in BF3.

nunovlopes

I know all that. But it's easy to do physics on something that's nowhere near a building in terms of rendering.

ROFL

Launch a rocket at a KPA hut in Crysis. There will be dozens of individual objects flying around with a realistic trajectory calculated in realtime. BF3 has nothing on that. Throw a rocket at a wall in BF3. You get lots of smoke, a few rocks fly apart and that's hit. I would reverse the argument and say that it is easy to do destruction when there's no physics involved.

BF3 is great and will be my most played game this and next year by far. But people are getting carried away about the graphics. They're very good but in some areas they're clearly behind Crysis. At least in physics, water and foliage density.

That's because those objects don't compare to a building. They're small as hell and allow for easier rendering and physics. If there were bigger objects it wouldn't be as easy to do. I mean, look at this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CGC374znTY

You can't put holes into those objects either. Or break them into little pieces. BF3 does that but isn't physics based.

I do agree Crysis beats it in those 3 areas.

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 GameFan1983
Member since 2004 • 2189 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

nunovlopes

ROFL

someone explain to this person the difference between "a building" and a hut glued together by a couple metal piece, stone objects for example, including those mixed in metal hut in crysis, are not destructible, BC1 has almost no physics involved BC2 has minor, and BF3 does engine destruction and PHYSICS.

BTW, crysis2 dx11 with or without mods easily take the crown for the graphic king. see last page.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#206 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="HaloinventedFPS"]

Crysis 2 DX11 + Blackfire mod looks better

BF3 is overrated graphics wise and it was confirmed a console port, so hermits dont need to pretend it looks better because its "a PC game" when it isnt

GameFan1983

Definitely disagree there. I run Crysis 2 maxed on my PC with the blackfire mod installed and it does not look as good as BF3 running on a mix of High and Ultra settings. Crysis 1 with mods looks better than vanilla BF3 but Crysis 2? I don't think so.

you either installed your mods wrong or you need buy a new set of glasses. crysis2 DX11 with or without mods is simply the best graphic on PC to the date. go see this thread page 17, now show me anything form any game can touch this lvl of texture and detail (screen credit to pcps360)

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28911574/game-with-the-best-graphic-on-pc-vanilla-and-moded-a-serious-thread-

This thread offically ended

no it hasn't.

TC specified no mods, and for a good reason. mods simply shouldn't count.

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 GameFan1983

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Definitely disagree there. I run Crysis 2 maxed on my PC with the blackfire mod installed and it does not look as good as BF3 running on a mix of High and Ultra settings. Crysis 1 with mods looks better than vanilla BF3 but Crysis 2? I don't think so.

BrunoBRS

you either installed your mods wrong or you need buy a new set of glasses. crysis2 DX11 with or without mods is simply the best graphic on PC to the date. go see this thread page 17, now show me anything form any game can touch this lvl of texture and detail (screen credit to pcps360)

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/28911574/game-with-the-best-graphic-on-pc-vanilla-and-moded-a-serious-thread-

no it hasn't.

TC specified no mods, and for a good reason. mods simply shouldn't count.

without the mods crysis2 dx11 still took it with ease, that moded crysis2 threads are just my back ups in case if crysis1 fanboys will bring mods into the conversion

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

BF3 is overrated graphics wise and it was confirmed a console port, so hermits dont need to pretend it looks better because its "a PC game" when it isnt

GameFan1983

Omigod, awesome board textures, stalker is graphics king.

GeorgeCScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 GeorgeCScott
Member since 2011 • 64 Posts

When you get to Pripyat in CoP there are some truly amazing graphics when its raining / lightning (oh yeah, with the complete mod too)

Truly epic. DX11 can look great in CoP for sure.

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 GameFan1983

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

topgunmv

lol! you'd definately be the only person who think that stalker mod texture look close to crysis2's and crysis2's graphic is so much more than crap out stalker's wooden floor texture

BTW, nice resizing attemp. :lol:

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 topgunmv

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

GameFan1983

lol! you'd definately be the only person who think that stalker mod texture look close to crysis2's and crysis2's graphic is so much more than crap out stalker's wooden floor texture

Resizing attempt? What are you talking about?

Nice try downsizing my pic to thumbnail size though so crysis 2 can almost compete. Post a 1080p version of your squat picture so people can see how terrible it really looks.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Nice try downsizing my pic to thumbnail size though so crysis 2 can almost compete. Post a 1080p version of your squat picture so people can see how terrible it really looks.

topgunmv

He won't, because Blackfire's mod+MalDO makes Crysis 2 look even more s***.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

GameFan1983

No, I definitely didn't. My version of Crysis 2 looks just like those pictures you linked and yeah, I still think BF3 looks better. Crysis 2's textures are crisper, perhaps, but the game as a whole looks artificial with its lighting, overdone depth of field and almost cartoony bright colors. No doubt, it looks good, but Crysis 1 with the natural mod and BF3 look better than Crysis 2, even with the Blackfire mod installed.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

How is it NOT Battlefield 3?

That being said, Uncharted 3's detailing is superb, and is the biggest technological feat

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 mitu123

OB-47

People are putting up a fight against it.

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 GameFan1983

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

ChubbyGuy40

He won't, because Blackfire's mod+MalDO makes Crysis 2 look even more s***.

LAWLz I'm sorry no one cares about your ugly the wticher 2 which look worse than stalker COP and fable3 even, and i'm sorry that your PC can't handle cryrsis2+quaility mod (not black fire you double mistaken) but evdiencely, crysis2 wins the crown in every edge.

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 GameFan1983

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

No, I definitely didn't. My version of Crysis 2 looks just like those pictures you linked and yeah, I still think BF3 looks better. Crysis 2's textures are crisper, perhaps, but the game as a whole looks artificial with its lighting, overdone depth of field and almost cartoony bright colors. No doubt, it looks good, but Crysis 1 with the natural mod and BF3 look better than Crysis 2, even with the Blackfire mod installed.

now you just destroyed your own crediablity, those screens aren't from blackfire, so clearly you never played it, but quaility mods, and if it looks anything like that on your PC than you wouldn't think otherwise, crysis1 nature mod looks terrible plus it's a game can't do any other rendering other than 4 different kind trees, some vegation and rocks. and saying over does DOF is even more laughable, because you can easily disable or adjsut the thickness by click a button . crysis1 + mods has some good partical and good color plate which made the art driection looks good, but it's a horrible technigcal looking game all around.

BF3 has some of the best partical and lighting I've seen, but terrible geomentry is always here and there, is a close match to cyrsis2 DX11 vanilla I give you that, but not cyrsis1 has no place in there.

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 GameFan1983

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

topgunmv

go back to your last post that's what I'm taling about, texture from crysis2 is Stalker 4 's target CGI quaility, you'd be insane to think they are on the same league. crysis2 not only looks far better from close up but from distance, and this is what imageshack max res side by side. the stalker COP mod's wooden texture is getting bullry as you getting close :lol:and btw, fifa 12 has far better character and grass then stalker5 and it's futhre mod can ever put together "ZOMG let's compare bricks and wood from other games when I know my game is ugly and can't win in graphic contest" lolz still lost epically

and if you don't mind take another screenshot 10 feets away from your floor so I can compare it to crysis2 to let ppl know what kind PS2 lvl gaphic stalker got :cool:

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 mitu123

This thread gets better.:D

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#220 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

Going to have to go with The Witcher 2. Stream_Beta
this or bf3

bf3 is better technically. but the witcher 2 is more beautiful imo

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 mitu123

[QUOTE="Stream_Beta"]Going to have to go with The Witcher 2. jettpack

this or bf3

bf3 is better technically. but the witcher 2 is more beautiful imo

That's because it has better art direction.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 topgunmv

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

GameFan1983

*snip*

Sorry, but I honestly couldn't understand the majority of your post.

In any case, whenever it's one person vs the world (one person being you, the world being everyone else in this thread) the world tends to be in the right.

Also I don't know why you resized my picture again, it's hosted on imageshack, and 1920x1080 is the native resolution of it.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

That being said, Uncharted 3's detailing is superb, and is the biggest technological feat

OB-47
Because Battlefield 3 doesn't have as good as graphics as Crysis? :P
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#224 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
BF3 looks amazing. I think we finally have a Crysis beater. PS: I voted for Crysis by mistake.
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts

OB-47

Nope, Red Dead Redemption is a bigger techological feat on consoles.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 topgunmv

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

*snip*

GameFan1983

Sorry, but I honestly couldn't understand the majority of your post.

In any case, whenever it's one person vs the world (one person being you, the world being everyone else in this thread) the world tends to be in the right.

Also I don't know why you resized my picture again, it's hosted on imageshack, and 1920x1080 is the native resolution of it.

I don't understand

So, you post a bunch of pictures looking at the ground, say verbatim "show me anything form (sic) any game can touch this lvl of texture and detail", and then call me a weirdo for doing exactly that?

Nice.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

GameFan1983

now you just destroyed your own crediablity, those screens aren't from blackfire, so clearly you never played it, but quaility mods, and if it looks anything like that on your PC than you wouldn't think otherwise, crysis1 nature mod looks terrible plus it's a game can't do any other rendering other than 4 different kind trees, some vegation and rocks. and saying over does DOF is even more laughable, because you can easily disable or adjsut the thickness by click a button . crysis1 + mods has some good partical and good color plate which made the art driection looks good, but it's a horrible technigcal looking game all around.

BF3 has some of the best partical and lighting I've seen, but terrible geomentry is always here and there, is a close match to cyrsis2 DX11 vanilla I give you that, but not cyrsis1 has no place in there.

Well you don't have to believe me, no skin off my back. But if you think I haven't played Crysis 2 with the Blackfire mod activated, you're wrong, plain and simple. Believe what you want, but I've played it. Hell, I went back and played it an hour or so ago just to confirm my feelings and yeah, I still think BF3 looks better.

And again, Crysis 1 with the Natural Mod looks better than BF3 and Crysis 2 to me. If you want to disagree, that's fine. Quite frankly, I don't care.

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 GameFan1983

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

Well you don't have to believe me, no skin off my back. But if you think I haven't played Crysis 2 with the Blackfire mod activated, you're wrong, plain and simple. Believe what you want, but I've played it. Hell, I went back and played it an hour or so ago just to confirm my feelings and yeah, I still think BF3 looks better.

And again, Crysis 1 with the Natural Mod looks better than BF3 and Crysis 2 to me. If you want to disagree, that's fine. Quite frankly, I don't care.

again, the crysis2 pic shown is powered by !quaility mod! not black fire, my problem with you is, you say one thing is better than something you've never played on your PC, plain and simple, and I don't care what your opinion is.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

GameFan1983

again, the crysis2 pic shown is powered by !quaility mod! not black fire, my problem with you is, you say one thing is better than something you've never played on your PC, plain and simple, and I don't care what your opinion is.

Except that I have played it, with the blackfire mod.

Again, you don't have to believe me, but if you think I haven't played it, you're wrong. End of story. :)

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#233 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Why only ask the Hermits? Because Uncharted 3 looks better than both those games. moo.
Yrkoon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Yrkoon99
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

un modded crysis still has the edge, all the plants and foilage are high texture models while in bf3 up close their sprites :)

screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 screamingdoom
Member since 2007 • 884 Posts
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]Why only ask the Hermits? Because Uncharted 3 looks better than both those games. moo.

Because in all honesty the PC has the best graphics by a fair margin these days. I'm not a PC gamer (I don't even own a compiter) I only game on my ps3 mostly with a bit of 360 sometimes; but the PC is above consoles graphically. While Uncharted 3 may be the most impressively engineered game graphics wise considering the limitations of the ps3 hardware, it's just not on the same level as Crysis 1 & 2 and bf3.
screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 screamingdoom
Member since 2007 • 884 Posts

mitu123
Yeah it's becoming the thread I dreamt it would be...fanboys arguing over which game has better floor textures :-P
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#237 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

screamingdoom

Yeah it's becoming the thread I dreamt it would be...fanboys arguing over which game has better floor textures :-P

HL2 cinematic mod for pure absurd diffuse texture quality.