So hermits, which is graphics king now: Crysis or Battlefield 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

BF3 no doubt. Crysis is beautiful, but stupidly hard to run (harder than BF3) at a smooth framerate and it doesnt have as much detail and awesome affects as BF3.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

bf3 poops on everything

wis3boi
Yup, it's in a league if its own in that department.
Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

I think BF3 looks a bit better then Crysis, even with mods. But I have just been playing Crysis 2 on the PC and man my jaw has been on the floor! I already had it on the PS3 but I was wondering what it was like on the PC. Its like a totally different game! So much better, I have actually enjoyed playing it this time where as I found it boring on the PS3. Its a tough call but for me its between Crysis 2 and BF3. I havent played The Witcher 2.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

BF3's in a different league altogether. The PC version could very well be considered the start of the next-gen.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

modded Crysis looks better than Bf3 and yes, I played Bf3 on ulta, my rig can handle it ^^

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

Battlefield 3 only shines in sunlit urban areas. The foliage is laughable. From a technical perspective, it isn't better than Crysis 1. And Crysis 1 as always, is harder to run on any pc since foliage has a far more polygon count than blocky urban areas.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

BF3's in a different league altogether. The PC version could very well be considered the start of the next-gen.

psn8214

I'd expect a game which is in a different league to at least have trees which look better than Crysis. But it doesn't, so tough luck.

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

jhcho2

I'd expect a game which is in a different league to at least have trees which look better than Crysis. But it doesn't, so tough luck.

Yeah but at least the rocks look better :P

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#59 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Battlefield 3 only shines in sunlit urban areas. The foliage is laughable. From a technical perspective, it isn't better than Crysis 1. And Crysis 1 as always, is harder to run on any pc since foliage has a far more polygon count than blocky urban areas.

jhcho2

Actually, the foliage in BF3 has about the same amount of polygons as Crysis. The only reason why people think that Crysis's foliage looks really good is because of the nice layer of wax that seems to cover everything so that the lighting can shine off of it.

BF3 has a much more rock solid enigne, can pump more polygons, can run at higher FPSs with more detail on the screen, has much better lighting (seriously a leauge of it's own in lighting), and overall looks better more often.

Some of the levels of the single player are just absolutly fantastic to look at.

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts

[QUOTE="jhcho2"]

Wasdie

Actually, the foliage in BF3 has about the same amount of polygons as Crysis. The only reason why people think that Crysis's foliage looks really good is because of the nice layer of wax that seems to cover everything so that the lighting can shine off of it.

BF3 has a much more rock solid enigne, can pump more polygons, can run at higher FPSs with more detail on the screen, has much better lighting (seriously a leauge of it's own in lighting), and overall looks better more often.

Some of the levels of the single player are just absolutly fantastic to look at.

The foliage is better in BF3. Crysis gamers dont want to admit that. Tropical trees are more pleasing on the eye, which is why Crysis gets as much recognition as it does.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

The Witcher 2.

ChubbyGuy40
I have to agree. Anyway, I still find Crysis more impressive than BF3, maybe I just prefer the tropical setting.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
*tempted to trollvote* *still votes BF3* doesn't mean crysis is any less pretty though.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
for me games like Shogun Total War impress me more due to the number of units and the large scope of the game
Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Easyle
Member since 2010 • 2034 Posts
Modded GTA 4.
screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 screamingdoom
Member since 2007 • 884 Posts

[QUOTE="jhcho2"]

Wasdie

As I was watching my friend play a sniper level with rain pouring down in the campaign I thought that this is greater than even Crysis graphically
Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

[QUOTE="broken_bass_bin"]

Modded GTA IV > Modded Crysis > Battlefield 3 > The Witcher 2 > Crysis

Darth_Kane

Fixed

Good point. Forgot about modded GTAIV.

screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 screamingdoom
Member since 2007 • 884 Posts

psn8214
Yup I agree
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#68 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I still think that Crysis 1 looks better than BF3. BF3 has terrible anti-aliasing and low-res textures here and there. The Witcher 2 isn't so bad for a DX9 game.Elann2008
So does Crysis in textures:

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mitu123

[QUOTE="walkingdream"]

BF3 on Ultra + Destrubile Enviroments (yes i know everything is not destrutible.)

HaloinventedFPS

Crysis has way better destruction

Can you do this in Crysis?

And I meant buildings, not those easily destructable shacks that renders less.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="jhcho2"]

screamingdoom

As I was watching my friend play a sniper level with rain pouring down in the campaign I thought that this is greater than even Crysis graphically

that's one of the genuinely fun levels on campaign.
WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

I am surprised Hermits did not look through their collection to find something not on a console to claim as the best. Bottom line. My friend is a PC lover and is constantly upgrading. I havent seen anything as nice as Battlefield 3 or The Witcher 2. To be fair he does not have Crysis 2.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mitu123

Battlefield 3 has far more realistic lighting and effects than Crysis. Crysis with mods = tons of bloom and HDR tweaks to cover up graphical flaws.

BF3 has much better textures, environments, interactivity, lighting, particles, and actually runs at 60fps on ultra with today's hardware. You can't run Crysis at more than like 57 FPS with 2x GTX 580s at a repsectible resolution, it won't even let you.

Crysis looks good and it does really large levels well, but it quickly falls to nothing after that. BF3 has much more detail in the enviornments and doesn't rely on a layer of wax to make everything shiny and mask graphical defects.

Wasdie

It's because of the game itself?D=

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mitu123

+1 for Witcher 2. That art-style just destroys both Crysis and BF3.rpgs_shall_rule
That's the only thing it destroys.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

It runs really well, i'll give them that. I however expected more from it. The only thing I really dislike about it's graphics is the AA and the textures. They have a decent resolution all around, but I'm a sucker for those fancy depth effects you can do with Tess or POM. So far from what i've played I didn't see any of that. Also those lens flare and bloom effects are really annoying. I remember you could disable them in BC2, can it be done in BF3?

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="rpgs_shall_rule"]+1 for Witcher 2. That art-style just destroys both Crysis and BF3.mitu123

Reminds me of crysis 2 graphics king arguments, technical graphics mean squat if the end product still looks like poop.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="rpgs_shall_rule"]+1 for Witcher 2. That art-style just destroys both Crysis and BF3.topgunmv

Reminds me of crysis 2 graphics king arguments, technical graphics mean squat if the end product still looks like poop.

It's true though.:P

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="HaloinventedFPS"]

[QUOTE="HaloinventedFPS"]

seriously tho, modded Crysis destroys BF3

Jebus213

Modded Crysis looks like what happens to your toilet after Taco Bell compared to Battlefield 3. It also has no destruction.

Most of those so called "graphics mods" for Crysis are nothing but crap high contrast mods. *OOHHH so dramatic, looks better then real life!*

Agreed. BF3 and Crysis each have their awesome parts to their engine. Crytek has made incredible water effects and clouds, but BF3 has way better faces, animation, sound design, and overall lighting is better too. If you could combine the best of both engines..../drooool
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I am surprised Hermits did not look through their collection to find something not on a console to claim as the best. Bottom line. My friend is a PC lover and is constantly upgrading. I havent seen anything as nice as Battlefield 3 or The Witcher 2. To be fair he does not have Crysis 2.

WarTornRuston
Don't worry, I've maxed crysis 2 and used all the best mods for it, it still looks terrible...like everything is covered in water or made of plastic
ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts

WarTornRuston

You do realise the PC and console versions are vastly different? Crysis still has better visuals than any console game, even though it might not be graphics king anymore.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mitu123

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Modded Crysis looks like what happens to your toilet after Taco Bell compared to Battlefield 3. It also has no destruction.

wis3boi

Most of those so called "graphics mods" for Crysis are nothing but crap high contrast mods. *OOHHH so dramatic, looks better then real life!*

Agreed. BF3 and Crysis each have their awesome parts to their engine. Crytek has made incredible water effects and clouds, but BF3 has way better faces, animation, sound design, and overall lighting is better too. If you could combine the best of both engines..../drooool

It'll be the universal graphics king.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

There was a spat here (at System Wars, that is) earlier about modded Crysis and Crysis 2. Right now (based on the screenies), those two games modded blow everything out of the water except maybe modded GTA4.

There was a fan of Crysis and another of Crysis 2 going at each other. All that time they were going at it, I spent my time gawking at the modded images they posted. It was like, "Wow!"

HaloinventedFPS

that was most likely my thread

i was angry at hermits were bashing Crysis 2 just because it was a console port and refused to accept Crysis 2 as the graphics king

both look great, but Crysis 2 still looks better, more people need to play the Blackfire mod in DX11, so much better in motion

I wasn't really interested in taking sides between the two games. It's a win-win either way to me. :lol:

Both games looked gorgeous modded. In fact, I decided to upgrade my video card a little early so I can try out the Blackfire mod for Crysis 2. Hopefully a GTX 560 Ti would be sufficient enough at 1080p (2xAA or none).

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#82 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

Crysis 2

Jebus213

That game is too green.

Screenshots can prove otherwise.
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts

[QUOTE="jhcho2"]

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

Jshoelace

Really?
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

There was a spat here (at System Wars, that is) earlier about modded Crysis and Crysis 2. Right now (based on the screenies), those two games modded blow everything out of the water except maybe modded GTA4.

There was a fan of Crysis and another of Crysis 2 going at each other. All that time they were going at it, I spent my time gawking at the modded images they posted. It was like, "Wow!"

HaloinventedFPS

that was most likely my thread

i was angry at hermits were bashing Crysis 2 just because it was a console port and refused to accept Crysis 2 as the graphics king

both look great, but Crysis 2 still looks better, more people need to play the Blackfire mod in DX11, so much better in motion

Textures in Crysis 2, even with the mods, are quite poor in some areas. There are so many mods for Crysis you can get everything looking amazing everywhere.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 mitu123

[QUOTE="Jshoelace"]

[QUOTE="jhcho2"]

gamebreakerz__

Really?

There are good rocks and then there are bad rocks, and that's Warhead(not Crysis 1), also:

Warhead still has bad rocks in some areas:

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

Crysis 2

-Unreal-

That game is too green.

Then were in the hell are the screenshots that prove otherwise? They used some disgusting green color grading in the game..
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#87 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Witcher 2 looks unbelievable, but its not the best from a technical standpoint. Its the combination of very good (but not the best) technical graphics and excellent art direction.

I'd say BF 3 is the better looking game.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Jebus213
[QUOTE="Jshoelace"]

[QUOTE="jhcho2"]

gamebreakerz__

Really? [MG]http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad131/gamebreakerz/Crysis2011-04-1922-23-04-87.jpg[/MG] [IG]http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad131/gamebreakerz/Crysis2011-04-1922-23-14-87.jpg[/IMG]

I can use rock texture mods too!!!!
magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#89 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

29% of system wars are wearing Crysis goggles.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 -Unreal-

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"][QUOTE="Jebus213"]

That game is too green.

Jebus213

Then were in the hell are the screenshots that prove otherwise? They used some disgusting green color grading in the game..

There's plenty of them. I'm not your curior, go look. Google is a good tool.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="-Unreal-"] Screenshots can prove otherwise.-Unreal-

There's plenty of them. I'm not your curior, go look. Google is a good tool.

Oh the nice green tint! I had to increase the color saturation/vibrancy in my control panel so I could actually see ****. Same thing with Gray Field 3. They added bloom tint and blue color grading...
bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

I can max out crysis ultra + mods, I cant do that for BF3, so clearly BF3.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 mitu123

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="Jshoelace"]

Jebus213

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-mSexLFSM

Rocks are funny.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="Jshoelace"]

mitu123

Really?

There are good rocks and then there are bad rocks, and that's Warhead(not Crysis 1), also:

you wanna know something annoying about crysis' rocks?

they tend to disappear regardless of your draw distance. and then you try to snipe this dude and fail, only to get close enough (or use binoculars) to see that there's a rock in front of him.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"] Really? mitu123

Rocks are funny.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] I can use rock texture mods too!!!!Jebus213

Rocks are funny.

I was trying to prove your case.D=

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="mitu123"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-mSexLFSM

Rocks are funny.

mitu123

I was trying to prove your case.D=

Sorry, wasn't really paying much.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"] Really? BrunoBRS

they tend to disappear regardless of your draw distance. and then you try to snipe this dude and fail, only to get close enough (or use binoculars) to see that there's a rock in front of him.

Crysis is weird like that.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] There are good rocks and then there are bad rocks, and that's Warhead(not Crysis 1), also:

mitu123

Crysis is weird like that.

i'd get spotted for shooting invisible rocks >.>
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 -Unreal-

This just in! Plants are green!

Like I said, there's plenty of pics of Crysis 2 on the web. You pick one that shows a load of foliage.

I've never been to NYC, but since it's on the planet Earth, I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and assume that the plants there are green too.