So hermits, which is graphics king now: Crysis or Battlefield 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts
Crysis, has good Technical AND Artistic graphics. Granted, technically BF3 looks better but the generic military FPS look really hurts my eyes.
gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

whats with hardcore hermits and mods

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#103 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
Crysis, has good Technical AND Artistic graphics. Granted, technically BF3 looks better but the generic military FPS look really hurts my eyes.dracolich55
how exactly does a "generic military FPS" look like? BF3 has desert oil rigs, vast, colorful (gasp) plains with rivers, various urban scenarios, etc. people should really drop the "it's a military FPS so whatever it does is bland and boring" argument.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#104 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
BF3. It's a pity that modding is not supported by BF3. Not officially anyway.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
So what you're saying is... consoles get all the graphics kings? Hell yeah :P
[QUOTE="dracolich55"]Crysis, has good Technical AND Artistic graphics. Granted, technically BF3 looks better but the generic military FPS look really hurts my eyes.BrunoBRS
how exactly does a "generic military FPS" look like? BF3 has desert oil rigs, vast, colorful (gasp) plains with rivers, various urban scenarios, etc. people should really drop the "it's a military FPS so whatever it does is bland and boring" argument.

Yeah! The only ones that are too gray for me are Fallout games and Killzone games. Everything else is pretty fine. Even COD, Gears :shock:
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="locopatho"]So what you're saying is... consoles get all the graphics kings? Hell yeah :P
[QUOTE="dracolich55"]Crysis, has good Technical AND Artistic graphics. Granted, technically BF3 looks better but the generic military FPS look really hurts my eyes.BrunoBRS

Yeah! The only ones that are too gray for me are Fallout games and Killzone games. Everything else is pretty fine. Even COD, Gears :shock:

gears gets a free pass for starting the fad outside WW2 shooters (which look like that because of spielberg and his private ryan), but it's a very brown game :P
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 locopatho
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="locopatho"]So what you're saying is... consoles get all the graphics kings? Hell yeah :P [QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] how exactly does a "generic military FPS" look like? BF3 has desert oil rigs, vast, colorful (gasp) plains with rivers, various urban scenarios, etc. people should really drop the "it's a military FPS so whatever it does is bland and boring" argument.

gears gets a free pass for starting the fad outside WW2 shooters (which look like that because of spielberg and his private ryan), but it's a very brown game :P

The first one is... the sequels got better! It was ok cos it's horror :P
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="locopatho"] Yeah! The only ones that are too gray for me are Fallout games and Killzone games. Everything else is pretty fine. Even COD, Gears :shock:

Well.... I prefer artistic value over technical. so IMO Skyward Sword looks better then BF3. An awesome mix of technical and artistic is even better like in TLG (what we have seen so far) or Uncharted.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

This just in! Plants are green!

Like I said, there's plenty of pics of Crysis 2 on the web. You pick one that shows a load of foliage.

I've never been to NYC, but since it's on the planet Earth, I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and assume that the plants there are green too.

-Unreal-
No for **** sake. I really want to throw insults at you so badly. I said it seems the game has a grayish-green TONE! Some kind of crappy color grading/tint they're using. I'n BF3's case everything must be blue and gray!!! Look at Crysis 1 on consoles, it has an ugly blue tone. Ex.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 locopatho
[QUOTE="dracolich55"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] gears gets a free pass for starting the fad outside WW2 shooters (which look like that because of spielberg and his private ryan), but it's a very brown game :P

Well.... I prefer artistic value over technical. so IMO Skyward Sword looks better then BF3. An awesome mix of technical and artistic is even better like in TLG (what we have seen so far) or Uncharted.

O hell yes. I'd take Muramasa over any of the realistic looking games.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
It's safe to say BF3, the game is pretty amazing in terms of visuals.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I'm going to go with Crysis. Still the more realistic and better looking game.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#113 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I'm going to go with Crysis. Still the more realistic and better looking game.KHAndAnime
After replaying Crysis, I've noticed it's flaws more often and it can look downright ugly even maxd out sometimes. That's not to say BF3 doesn't have flaws because it does, but Crysis sure as hell isn't better looking in all areas, that's hilarious if you think so, and I post screens for proof.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]I'm going to go with Crysis. Still the more realistic and better looking game.mitu123

After replaying Crysis, I've noticed it's flaws more often and it can look downright ugly even maxd out sometimes. That's not to say BF3 doesn't have flaws because it does, but Crysis sure as hell isn't better looking in all areas, that's hilarious if you think so, and I post screens for proof.

Crysis looks better in most departments by a slight amount, and in other areas in a huge amount. For example, load up both games and go look at the water :lol:. Or the character models, or a majority of the texture-work, foliage, trees, etc....

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]I'm going to go with Crysis. Still the more realistic and better looking game.KHAndAnime

Crysis looks better in most departments by a slight amount, and in other areas in a huge amount. For example, load up both games and go look at the water :lol:. Or the character models, or a majority of the texture-work, foliage, trees, etc....

Water and foliage I give to Crysis, everything else including textures can be debatable with screens. Animation and lighting goes to BF3 though.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

KHAndAnime

Water up close would be Crysis, otherwise I'd say Battlefield 3 because it's prettier. Texture work also given to BF3. Foilage? Definitely BF3. Trees? Also BF3. Character models? BF3 is the only game I know with better character models besides Crysis 2.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] After replaying Crysis, I've noticed it's flaws more often and it can look downright ugly even maxd out sometimes. That's not to say BF3 doesn't have flaws because it does, but Crysis sure as hell isn't better looking in all areas, that's hilarious if you think so, and I post screens for proof.

mitu123

Water and foliage I give to Crysis, everything else including textures can be debatable with screens. Animation and lighting goes to BF3 though.

I still think Crysis has better animation and lighting as well :) Even some simple ToD mods can bring phenomenal lighting. Battlefield 3's animations aren't that amazing either...
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

ChubbyGuy40

Water up close would be Crysis, otherwise I'd say Battlefield 3 because it's prettier. Texture work also given to BF3. Foilage? Definitely BF3. Trees? Also BF3. Character models? BF3 is the only game I know with better character models besides Crysis 2.

Battlefield 3's foliage is a joke compared to Crysis'. Battlefield 3's foliage doesn't even react to players moving through it...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 KHAndAnime

Here's a minor example of foliage. Look at the shrubs on the ground in front of you in BF3, it's a a sprite with 6 sides. Now look at the shrub at the bottom of Crysis (Warhead?). In contrast, Crysis' looks full and 3-dimensional. And moves when you walk through it. [spoiler] 12 [/spoiler]

It's clear to me that while Battlefield 3's artistic ****allows for prettier screenshots, but when it comes down to the individual elements of what make up each game's graphics - Crysis is technically a lot better. Battlefield 3 seems to have a lot more effects going on simultaneously, but most of the effects that do appear in Crysis look more advanced and detailed. Objects have more detail and can be destroyed in a more realistic manner. Try shooting a wooden fence and observes how the wood breaks. Then try to break anything wooden in Battlefield 3 and see if the wood breaks in the same manner.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ChubbyGuy40

Battlefield 3's foliage is a joke compared to Crysis'. Battlefield 3's foliage doesn't even react to players moving through it...

KHAndAnime

The foilage only moves if it's your height. The trees are definitely better in Crysis. Modded and unmodded trees in Crysis are ugly. Animation is far better in BF3 also thanks to that ANT engine. BF3 crushes Crysis in lighting also, technically and artistically. The default textures still look a hell of a lot better in BF3 also. Oh, and it has teh rocks.

Oh, and bringing destruction into this isn't even worthy. I'm pretty damn sure you can't shoot down a tall palm tree with a few pistol shots. The ground doesn't even react to explosions.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] Crysis looks better in most departments by a slight amount, and in other areas in a huge amount. For example, load up both games and go look at the water :lol:. Or the character models, or a majority of the texture-work, foliage, trees, etc....

KHAndAnime

I still think Crysis has better animation and lighting as well :) Even some simple ToD mods can bring phenomenal lighting. Battlefield 3's animations aren't that amazing either...

Fine, some pics, lol:

Game looks better and worse than Crysis, deal with it.:P

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ChubbyGuy40

mitu123

Only thing I'd like to see improved/added is some tessellation or POM on tiled/rock surfaces.

And how badly would some shadows on grass be on performance?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 mitu123

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

ChubbyGuy40

The foilage only moves if it's your height. The trees are definitely better in Crysis. Modded and unmodded trees in Crysis are ugly. Animation is far better in BF3 also thanks to that ANT engine. BF3 crushes Crysis in lighting also, technically and artistically. The default textures still look a hell of a lot better in BF3 also. Oh, and it has teh rocks.

Oh, and bringing destruction into this isn't even worthy. I'm pretty damn sure you can't shoot down a tall palm tree with a few pistol shots. The ground doesn't even react to explosions.

You can't even destroy buildings in Crysis either, let alone put holes in them.:P

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

ChubbyGuy40

Only thing I'd like to see improved/added is some tessellation or POM on tiled/rock surfaces.

And how badly would some shadows on grass be on performance?

Game should have a graphics patch.:o

Shadows are always one of the more demanding things on anything.

DemoPan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 DemoPan7
Member since 2011 • 187 Posts
random: Why is it that whenever people show pics of Crysis, its always the typical beach or jungle pic. The game looks best in the snow imo
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 ChubbyGuy40

mitu123

I wouldn't complain...unless I couldn't play on Ultra anymore :evil:

Then do what they do for consoles. Prebake them! :P

Also is it me...or are some of those "dynamic" lights actually prebaked? When I take out some lights...the light is still there.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 ChubbyGuy40

random: Why is it that whenever people show pics of Crysis, its always the typical beach or jungle pic. The game looks best in the snow imoDemoPan7

90% of Crysis is the beach or jungle. 5% is snow, 4% is alien cave, 1% aircraft strip.

DemoPan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 DemoPan7

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

mitu123

You can't even destroy buildings in Crysis either, let alone put holes in them.:P

That's because the destruction in Crysis is physics based. BF3's destruction is prebaked
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

DemoPan7

That's because the destruction in Crysis is physics based. BF3's destruction is prebaked

That's exactly my point. Closest to buildings is those little shacks that don't require as much to render as a building.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

ChubbyGuy40

I wouldn't complain...unless I couldn't play on Ultra anymore :evil:

Then do what they do for consoles. Prebake them! :P

Also is it me...or are some of those "dynamic" lights actually prebaked? When I take out some lights...the light is still there.

If you can't play it on Ultra, might as well upgrade.:P And maybe so, oh well, still looks good.

DemoPan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 DemoPan7

[QUOTE="DemoPan7"]random: Why is it that whenever people show pics of Crysis, its always the typical beach or jungle pic. The game looks best in the snow imoChubbyGuy40

90% of Crysis is the beach or jungle. 5% is snow, 4% is alien cave, 1% aircraft strip.

Crysis has 10 levels and 2 of them are snow 1 is a cargoship 1 is an alien cave, which means 60% of it is beach/jungle. And in warhead atleast 1/3 - 1/2 of the game is snow. ooor are you just being sarcastic?
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="DemoPan7"]random: Why is it that whenever people show pics of Crysis, its always the typical beach or jungle pic. The game looks best in the snow imoDemoPan7

Crysis has 10 levels and 2 of them are snow 1 is a cargoship 1 is an alien cave, which means 60% of it is beach/jungle. And in warhead atleast 1/3 - 1/2 of the game is snow. ooor are you just being sarcastic?

More sarcastic. The jungle is obviously the majority of the game, but everything else felt so damn short after the jungle IMO.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

[QUOTE="DemoPan7"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

ChubbyGuy40

More sarcastic. The jungle is obviously the majority of the game, but everything else felt so damn short after the jungle IMO.

Ever since DICE admitted what they've done you've seen all this hate for Bf3 and here them say Crysis clearly looks better and they mean vanilla crysis :lol:

sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts
+1 for Witcher 2. That art-style just destroys both Crysis and BF3.rpgs_shall_rule
Art style...
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#135 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
BF3 definitely looks and runs better than vanilla crysis.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#136 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

None of the above.

Minecraft baby! That is teh graphx king.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#137 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="DemoPan7"] Crysis has 10 levels and 2 of them are snow 1 is a cargoship 1 is an alien cave, which means 60% of it is beach/jungle. And in warhead atleast 1/3 - 1/2 of the game is snow. ooor are you just being sarcastic? NoodleFighter

Ever since DICE admitted what they've done you've seen all this hate for Bf3 and here them say Crysis clearly looks better and they mean vanilla crysis :lol:

I feel like more developers should hype up games with console leads as PC graphics king, since the 180 in reactions would just be hilarious, especially since that news has just completely turned around the opinions of hardcore fanboys (especially the ones that already hated it for being on other platforms for people to enjoy).

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Crysis still looks better. Im not going to get all gooey over the new.

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
BF3. No question!
screamingdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 screamingdoom
Member since 2007 • 884 Posts
BF3 definitely looks and runs better than vanilla crysis.ferret-gamer
Yeah I was especially impressed with how smoothly it ran as well
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#141 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="Jshoelace"]Yeah but at least the rocks look better :Pmitu123
Really?

There are good rocks and then there are bad rocks, and that's Warhead(not Crysis 1)

I'm fairly sure Crysis and Warhead are lumped into the same category.... And yeah some areas are bad but generally you have to go off the beaten track to find them, which is a result of an open world style (or massive levels at least) where are BF3 is quite linear and easier to perfect. Crysis 2 had some abysmal textures even with the mods, where as with Crysis I found it difficult to find bad areas with all the mods applied. BF3 is great all over but it just didn't have that wow factor for me when I first played Crysis. If only Crysis 2 was PC focused and native DX11 on release.... or BF3 had mod tools....
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"] Really? gamebreakerz__
There are good rocks and then there are bad rocks, and that's Warhead(not Crysis 1)

I'm fairly sure Crysis and Warhead are lumped into the same category.... And yeah some areas are bad but generally you have to go off the beaten track to find them, which is a result of an open world style (or massive levels at least) where are BF3 is quite linear and easier to perfect. Crysis 2 had some abysmal textures even with the mods, where as with Crysis I found it difficult to find bad areas with all the mods applied. BF3 is great all over but it just didn't have that wow factor for me when I first played Crysis. If only Crysis 2 was PC focused and native DX11 on release.... or BF3 had mod tools....

Crysis Warhead looks better and worse than Crysis though.:P Seeing how Crysis is open and leads to more exploring, I'm surprised people don't notice the flaws if they were to play Crysis like it was intended to do so, or probably ignored it because they're memorized by Crysis's consistent great graphics, but some of things are inexcusable, like the last mission is the smallest mission in the game(could be a COD map) and there are still bad textures here and there. Crysis was unlike anything out there, of course it'll wow everyone, but the fact is while Crysis still outdoes BF3 in areas, in others BF3 is close and even surpasses it, also, how did the jet mission in BF3 not impress you?:P Here we have a screen of good and bad graphics at the same time:

NiteLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#143 NiteLights
Member since 2010 • 1181 Posts

[QUOTE="walkingdream"]

BF3 on Ultra + Destrubile Enviroments (yes i know everything is not destrutible.)

HaloinventedFPS

Crysis has way better destruction

As if. The only thing I can remember from the original Crysis was shooting down trees and blowing apart tin houses. In Battlefield, you bring down freakin' buildings.

You can't explain that

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

He He. Comparing BF3 and Crysis (vanilla) is like thinking whether a glass is half full or half empty. Take your pick.:lol:

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

Vanilla - BF3 hands down

Modded - Crysis hands down

However, I pitch this out there as a contender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1gQM04kZkU&hd=1

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 BrunoBRS

Vanilla - BF3 hands down

Mystic-G

notashootergtfo :P

car interior looks too awkward. outside though, i'll grant it looks good.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 mitu123

Vanilla - BF3 hands down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1gQM04kZkU&hd=1

Mystic-G

Pretty much that all needs to be said.

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

Vanilla - BF3 hands down

BrunoBRS

notashootergtfo :P

car interior looks too awkward. outside though, i'll grant it looks good.

I see what you mean. idk if it's suppose to look like that cause its a different material or what, because they look really nice in DiRT2.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#150 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Neither because Uncharted 3 is the new graphics king now, and it always will be until Uncharted 4 comes out. :P

But seriously, I know that PC has more powerful games like Crysis and BF and it can max out the settings ect...but I think Uncharted 3 takes the cake because it has better art direction and charecter animation.

Uncharted 3 all the way!